PDA

View Full Version : The dream

alihibs1
09-04-2017, 09:22 AM
What would be amazing is if we win the league the day we play Aberdeen as other results go our way. Especially if we beat Aberdeen. That would be some day:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

snooky
09-04-2017, 09:42 AM
What would be amazing is if we win the league the day we play Aberdeen as other results go our way. Especially if we beat Aberdeen. That would be some day:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The converse could happen too - my cup is always half empty :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
09-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Will be interesting.

Could be the best (or second best :wink:) day of the season, or if it goes the other way our season will quite literally be over in one day

speedy_gonzales
09-04-2017, 02:24 PM
The converse could happen too - my cup is always half empty :greengrin
Obviously, you're a HIBS fan!
The minute we start getting optimistic is the minute everything falls apart, I'm still not sure we even won THE cup!

Onion
09-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Would be a good day. Really want us to beat the Dons. They're the media darlings who already have them through to the Final, giving Hibs no chance of beating them. Some of this is wishful thinking by the Hun-loving Press who are still hurting from May 16. :greengrin

Be epic to get Sevco in the Final again :aok:

1van Sprou7e
09-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Getting ahead of myself here but beating the Rangers in 2 finals in a row would be the stuff of dreams. Although beating an "invincible" Celtic might be even better.

IF we were somehow guaranteed to win the final which one of the 2 ugly sisters would you prefer to beat?

Ozyhibby
09-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Getting ahead of myself here but beating the Rangers in 2 finals in a row would be the stuff of dreams. Although beating an "invincible" Celtic might be even better.

IF we were somehow guaranteed to win the final which one of the 2 ugly sisters would you prefer to beat?

Better to play Sevco so Efe can play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
09-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Better to play Sevco so Efe can play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well of course we'd rather play them in the first place but if it was a choice between beating them and beating Celtic what would you choose?

weecounty hibby
09-04-2017, 04:24 PM
It would be Celtic for me. I've now thankfully seen us beat der Hun in a final so next up has to be Celtic. Then hearts next year!

SuperAllyMcleod
09-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Would be a good day. Really want us to beat the Dons. They're the media darlings who already have them through to the Final, giving Hibs no chance of beating them. Some of this is wishful thinking by the Hun-loving Press who are still hurting from May 16. :greengrin

What happened on Monday May 16th???

Glory Lurker
09-04-2017, 04:33 PM

Probably the orcs again. It would hurt their fans more than it would hurt the Celtc bunch, who'd just be their usual patronising selves. It wouldn't surprise me if a decent amount stayed back to applaud us lifting the trophy. Couldn't be doing with that.

Jack Hackett
09-04-2017, 04:34 PM
It would be Celtic for me. I've now thankfully seen us beat der Hun in a final so next up has to be Celtic. Then hearts next year!

:agree:

Seen us humped too many times by them (apart from a League Cup) in finals, not to want to give them a going over. Mind you, back to backs against the hun would be acceptable. This is what dreams are about.

Albanian Hibs
09-04-2017, 05:04 PM

How can you forget what date it happened 😎

ancient hibee
09-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Probably the orcs again. It would hurt their fans more than it would hurt the Celtc bunch, who'd just be their usual patronising selves. It wouldn't surprise me if a decent amount stayed back to applaud us lifting the trophy. Couldn't be doing with that.

Think you're wrong.Celtic are desperate for the treble as it's something they have done surprisingly seldom.

IlDiavola
09-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Well of course we'd rather play them in the first place but if it was a choice between beating them and beating Celtic what would you choose?

Tough one that.

Dislike Rangers more but it would be great to defeat the unbeatable Celtic.

snooky
09-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Tough one that.

Dislike Rangers more but it would be great to defeat the unbeatable Celtic.

One benefit, the Glesgie polis might like us a bit better.

1van Sprou7e
09-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Most of them wouldn't hang around to watch their own team lift it never mind if we win it

EH54
09-04-2017, 05:52 PM

If Guaranteed has to be Celtic stopping them winning the treble would be brilliant especially since 2 of the 4 SC finals I have been too was defeated to Celtic would be good to get one back on them

Niffy
09-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Europe if it's Celtic ?

1van Sprou7e
09-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Europe if it's Celtic ?

If we win we're in Europe, if we don't then we're not, doesn't matter who we play I think

SuperAllyMcleod
09-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Europe if it's Celtic ?

No, Europe only if we win it.

Pescarese
09-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Europe if it's Celtic ?
Europe if we win the cup, the runners up no longer qualify (think it's now a UEFA rule, rather than a Scottish choice).

Joe6-2
09-04-2017, 06:18 PM

We would never be 'allowed' to beat the Huns again

Jack Hackett
09-04-2017, 07:34 PM
We would never be 'allowed' to beat the Huns again

:agree:

Probably arrest the team for being on the pitch :greengrin

Niffy
09-04-2017, 09:38 PM
No, Europe only if we win it.

Right enough. Would looooove to beat Celtic in final all the same. Screw up their treble.

hibbysam
09-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Would be extremely amusing should Celtic be 90 minutes away from an unbeaten treble winning domestic season, and the cabbage came along and beat them to win two in a row.

Sir David Gray
09-04-2017, 10:05 PM
I would love to beat Celtic in the final, particularly if they end up going the full domestic season unbeaten.

I think we all know that wouldn't happen but it would be great if it did.

Canon Hannan
10-04-2017, 06:07 AM
Most of them wouldn't hang around to watch their own team lift it never mind if we win it

Winning a treble!

Would rather Sevco again for 2 in a row. The joy seeing the SFA suits handing out medals would be pleasing 😎

southern hibby
10-04-2017, 06:46 AM
Getting to the final for me is obviously more important than who we play. On our day we can give any team a run for their money. I would think it will be Celtic and if not and The Rangers get through then we can do them over again.

Feel for our oppositions who ever they are because the monkeys of the back and we have absolutely nothing to prove to anyone. I do know that all jambo's will be saying that they are rooting for us ( like last year) when we know they'll be gutted again if we win it especially as the famous have a special relationship with the big cup.

Here we go TWO IN A ROW.
GGTTH

snooky
10-04-2017, 07:46 AM
Aiberdeen to beat before we think of any final.
That's a big enough hurdle in itself.
Never look beyond the next game. You're only setting yourself up for a fall.

Keith_M
10-04-2017, 07:57 AM

Beating The Rangers in Cup Finals has become a bit boring, so I'd rather beat Celtc.

It would have the added value of ending their 'invincible' season on the final day and really p1ssing them off.

Highly unlikely to happen but it would be nice.

:greengrin

LancsHibs
10-04-2017, 08:18 AM
It's written in the stars, the Hibees will be the team to end Celtics domestic unbeaten record on the final day of the domestic season:agree:

1van Sprou7e
10-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Beating The Rangers in Cup Finals has become a bit boring, so I'd rather beat Celtc.

It would have the added value of ending their 'invincible' season on the final day and really p1ssing them off.

Highly unlikely to happen but it would be nice.

:greengrin

You must lead a slightly hectic life if you get bored of something after doing it exactly once :wink:

GreenLake
10-04-2017, 02:48 PM
My dream is to watch Hibs win our 3rd Scottish Cup in a row against Hearts (0-7) in 2018 after we lifted the league trophy ending Celtic's 10 in a row fantasy.

BegbieHSC
10-04-2017, 03:04 PM
My dream is to watch Hibs win our 3rd Scottish Cup in a row against Hearts (0-7) in 2018 after we lifted the league trophy ending Celtic's 10 in a row fantasy.

Smashing Sevco en-route of course!

Keith_M
10-04-2017, 04:16 PM
You must lead a slightly hectic life if you get bored of something after doing it exactly once :wink:

Maybe, but I've relived it a few hundred times since then

:wink: