PDA

View Full Version : Pitch invasions

Billy Whizz
08-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Seems to have started today in England. Sheffield Utd and Doncaster Rivers both got promoted today, and their fans invaded the pitch.
Wonder what Hibs will be doing about this, when it's our time soon!

HibsNutter
08-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Seems to have started today in England. Sheffield Utd and Doncaster Rivers both got promoted today, and their fans invaded the pitch.

They are really good fun.

BroxburnHibee
08-04-2017, 07:53 PM

Saw the pictures of both. The Doncaster fans ran to the away fans but the police had a cordon waiting for them.

The police up here are still trying to cover up their own failures.

MWHIBBIES
08-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Did a section of their fans run to the opposition who also entered the pitch and start fighting? If not it isn't really the same.

Famous Fiver
08-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Think I'll invade Robbies for the sing song!!

lugz
08-04-2017, 08:44 PM
We'll probably win the league at ER in the next 2 games and I'd be embarrassed if we invaded the pitch.
Stay in the stands have a good bounce and a sing and let the players enjoy their success in the right way.

ColinNish
08-04-2017, 08:46 PM
We'll probably win the league at ER in the next 2 games and I'd be embarrassed if we invaded the pitch.
Stay in the stands have a good bounce and a sing and let the players enjoy their success in the right way.

Whilst i agree with you about staying in the stands you just know that isn't going to happen. And no doubt we'll get hammered for it again.

lugz
08-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Whilst i agree with you about staying in the stands you just know that isn't going to happen. And no doubt we'll get hammered for it again.

Yip I know. I'll be staying in my seat in the FF Lower and hopefully the players will get to celebrate with the fans in the right way.

I get the cup final and have absolutely no problem with that but the championship at the 3rd attempt is not worthy of one in my opinion.

ColinNish
08-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Yip I know. I'll be staying in my seat in the FF Lower and hopefully the players will get to celebrate with the fans in the right way.

I get the cup final and have absolutely no problem with that but the championship at the 3rd attempt is not worthy of one in my opinion.

Totally agree

Sir David Gray
08-04-2017, 09:12 PM

Yep. A Scottish Cup trophy won for the first time in 114 years, in the 92nd minute of the match against probably the most hated team in the country definitely merits a pitch invasion.

Winning promotion from a league that we should never be in, in the first place, does not merit a pitch invasion in my opinion. I will be a bit embarrassed if we have a pitch invasion for winning the Championship.

3pm
08-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Ditch the 'champions' t-shirts as well....

Jonnyboy
08-04-2017, 09:23 PM

Reckon Morton thought we were going to invade the pitch today, Billy. A tight row of stewards lined up in front of the Hibs support :greengrin

lord bunberry
08-04-2017, 09:25 PM
I've already got my pitch invasion planned. I'm going to run to the front and when the steward goes to stop me I'm going to start clapping quietly. This will lull him into a false sense of security and at that point I'll vault the barrier. If he starts to chase me I'll do a wee shuffle to throw him off the chase and head straight for big Daz who will immediately embrace me with a huge man hug.

Ilovehibs
08-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Reckon Morton thought we were going to invade the pitch today, Billy. A tight row of stewards lined up in front of the Hibs support :greengrin

When morton scored the penalty and their clown ran to us and gave the shhhhhh finger to mouth sign, I seriously thought someone might have run at him.
Glad they didn't!

monarch
08-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Yep. A Scottish Cup trophy won for the first time in 116 years, in the 92nd minute of the match against probably the most hated team in the country definitely merits a pitch invasion.

Winning promotion from a league that we should never be in, in the first place, does not merit a pitch invasion in my opinion. I will be a bit embarrassed if we have a pitch invasion for winning the Championship.

Winning the cup after114 years of hurt merited seeing David Gray and the team parading the cup round the Hibs end and we were denied that pleasure because two or thousand anonymous attention seeking nontentities thought we'd rather watch them. Also it made us wait 45 minutes before we saw the presentation and gave Police Govan the chance to put the boot in.
As for invading the pitch on winning the Championship at the 3rd attempt don't get me started.
At least we've not suggested an open top bus parade like our PBS neighbours did.

Northernhibee
08-04-2017, 10:12 PM
If anyone invades the pitch they'd better be prepared to put their hand in their pocket to pay their share of the fine the club will get. Why should the club suffer for their stupidity?

Sir David Gray
08-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Winning the cup after114 years of hurt merited seeing David Gray and the team parading the cup round the Hibs end and we were denied that pleasure because two or thousand anonymous attention seeking nontentities thought we'd rather watch them. Also it made us wait 45 minutes before we saw the presentation and gave Police Govan the chance to put the boot in.
As for invading the pitch on winning the Championship at the 3rd attempt don't get me started.
At least we've not suggested an open top bus parade like our PBS neighbours did.

I have no problem with the pitch invasion at the cup final. It didn't spoil anything for me and in many ways it added something to the whole experience.

It was a shame that a minority of people let themselves down but the vast majority who were on the pitch that afternoon did nothing wrong in my eyes and I won't condemn anyone who was simply on the pitch to celebrate what was an historic day for everyone concerned with the club.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-04-2017, 11:16 PM
If anyone invades the pitch they'd better be prepared to put their hand in their pocket to pay their share of the fine the club will get. Why should the club suffer for their stupidity?

Do you have examples of previous fines that gave been imposed?

silverhibee
08-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Do you have examples of previous fines that gave been imposed?

Kilmarnock were not fined for last seasons pitch invasion where flares were lit off by fans on the pitch, lets be honest there were several pitch invasions last season from fans who's team had got promotion won a play off game, it happens up and down the country each season by fans and no action is taken against them or the club, FFS the SFA still haven't fined Motherwell for there pitch invasion against the huns in the play off's at Fir Park.

If it happens and fans go on to the pitch then i hope that the SFA treat other clubs with the same punishment when other fans invade the pitch after there club have won promotion or won the play off's to go up a league.

I will not be on the pitch celebrating Hibs get out this poxy league, i will just be happy the nightmare of the last 3 seasons is over and we are back in the top flight.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2017, 12:03 AM

It was what it was and if nothing else you cant say it didn't lend a unique feel to the occasion ...... whatever stopped the cup being paraded it wasn't the fans, pretty well everybody who had been on the pitch was back in their seats within about 20 minutes of the pitch invasion starting and there was a massive number of police and stewards facing up the Hibs end by that point.
By the time that stage had been reached you would be lucky if there was a hundred Huns left in the stadium ...... we weren't allowed to parade the cup because the authorities were angry at what happened, not because it wasn't possible.

Our fans were brilliant that day during the game and after waiting all their lives to watch Hibs win that trophy I think its an insult to refer to anybody who went onto the pitch in the terms you have ....... There was tons of talk about a pitch invasion if we won in the weeks leading up to the game, anybody who was surprised by it simply hadn't been paying attention ..... which makes the fact it caught the police, G4S and the SFA by surprise all the more damning of their lack of foresight that day.

That aside I doubt there will be any pitch invasion the day we win the league, a few kids aside maybe ...... I agree no 'T Shirts' and certainly no embarrassing bus parade ..... all we will have done is put right a situation we got ourselves into in the first place by rank mismanagement and sleepwalking apathy, cup win aside a period that should be forgotten ASAP.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Kilmarnock were not fined for last seasons pitch invasion where flares were lit off by fans on the pitch, lets be honest there were several pitch invasions last season from fans who's team had got promotion won a play off game, it happens up and down the country each season by fans and no action is taken against them or the club, FFS the SFA still haven't fined Motherwell for there pitch invasion against the huns in the play off's at Fir Park.

If it happens and fans go on to the pitch then i hope that the SFA treat other clubs with the same punishment when other fans invade the pitch after there club have won promotion or won the play off's to go up a league.

I will not be on the pitch celebrating Hibs get out this poxy league, i will just be happy the nightmare of the last 3 seasons is over and we are back in the top flight.

:agree:

DH1875
09-04-2017, 12:25 AM

:agree::agree::agree:.

Forza Fred
09-04-2017, 01:13 AM
I still don't understand the psychological need to invade the pitch..as if it adds something to the winning feeling to be honest.

Swedish hibee
09-04-2017, 02:00 AM
I didn't realise at the time due to being in complete shock, but now I feel bit cheated that I never got to see the lap of honour with the cup..
I know players, managers come & go- and fans are for life but we'll never have that moment again ever and it's one I'd like to have seen.

jockodile
09-04-2017, 02:33 AM
It was what it was and if nothing else you cant say it didn't lend a unique feel to the occasion ...... whatever stopped the cup being paraded it wasn't the fans, pretty well everybody who had been on the pitch was back in their seats within about 20 minutes of the pitch invasion starting and there was a massive number of police and stewards facing up the Hibs end by that point.
By the time that stage had been reached you would be lucky if there was a hundred Huns left in the stadium ...... we weren't allowed to parade the cup because the authorities were angry at what happened, not because it wasn't possible.

Our fans were brilliant that day during the game and after waiting all their lives to watch Hibs win that trophy I think its an insult to refer to anybody who went onto the pitch in the terms you have ....... There was tons of talk about a pitch invasion if we won in the weeks leading up to the game, anybody who was surprised by it simply hadn't been paying attention ..... which makes the fact it caught the police, G4S and the SFA by surprise all the more damning of their lack of foresight that day.

That aside I doubt there will be any pitch invasion the day we win the league, a few kids aside maybe ...... I agree no 'T Shirts' and certainly no embarrassing bus parade ..... all we will have done is put right a situation we got ourselves into in the first place by rank mismanagement and sleepwalking apathy, cup win aside a period that should be forgotten ASAP.

I agree the no cup parade was purely down to the authorities being ticked off with us invading the pitch, compounded by the Rangers fans who came on. With a showpiece game needing to put horses on the park probably evoked the dark days.

what I do find surprising though is despite no cup parade they were happy enough to indulge us with Sunshine on Leith.

It was a weird juxtaposition, with thousands of Hibees crying at mission accomplished with a guard of honour of police and stewards and an away end empty for nearly an hour.

the pitch invasion allowed media hacks with rangers leanings to try to devalue our win. It didn't.

Ilovehibs
09-04-2017, 06:34 AM

You are absolutely right. Pitch invasions happen all the time at the end of a season and go unpunished.
Sadly, the pagering on the hampden pitch by a tiny minority gave the authorities/media the perfect excuse to hammer us.

Def no from me to a pitch invasion when we finally secure this league. After 2nd half at morton yesterday it will just feel like a huge relief that it's over and the rebuilding for next season can begin.

GGTTH

ColinNish
09-04-2017, 07:11 AM

Good post but i think you're being very naive to think they're won't be a pitch invasion. Loads of folk dying to give it a GIRUY to the SFA and polis for the Hampden witch hunt

Pretty Boy
09-04-2017, 07:51 AM

No doubt the same people who said it was 'priceless' after the cup final will pop up again. Priceless until they were actually asked to put their hand in their pocket of course.

frazeHFC
09-04-2017, 08:10 AM
I still don't understand the psychological need to invade the pitch..as if it adds something to the winning feeling to be honest.

It did for me, the memory of running about like a headless chicken hugging players will stay with me forever. Won't be doing it again though or we'll be hunted down like murderers again..

JimBHibees
09-04-2017, 08:14 AM

Did they have a bus parade for winning the championship title, really?

JimBHibees
09-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Saw the pictures of both. The Doncaster fans ran to the away fans but the police had a cordon waiting for them.

The police up here are still trying to cover up their own failures.

Absolutely nail on the head. Basic policing would have prevented the invasion however the report unsurprisingly absolved them of any incompetence bizarrely.

Steve-O
09-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Back in 99 we had TWO pitch invasions for winning this league :greengrin

monarch
09-04-2017, 10:05 AM
Did they have a bus parade for winning the championship title, really?

No, but a number of their supporters suggested that they should. Fortunately Mrs Budge made one of her more sensible decisions (unlike the appointment of Cathro :greengrin ) and didn't go ahead with it.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2017, 10:06 AM

Didn't see that John, I was in the white seats to the left of the goals

Baker9
09-04-2017, 11:18 AM

If the pitch invasion had not taken place the cup would have been paraded. Proximate cause, end of.

Colr
09-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Back in 99 we had TWO pitch invasions for winning this league :greengrin

Easter Road and ?

Mikey09
09-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Go on the pitch and run about a bit? Or stay in the stands and get Sunshine On Leith belting out ASAP? I know what I'd want.

Frazerbob
09-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Easter Road and ?

Firhill

Billy Whizz
09-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Wonder if we'll have extra security at ER this Saturday, as there's a chance we can win the league on the day

09-04-2017, 12:18 PM
I won't be feeling exuberant, just relieved.

GreenArmyyy!
09-04-2017, 12:21 PM

Give yourself peace.

Onion
09-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Wonder if we'll have extra security at ER this Saturday, as there's a chance we can win the league on the day

Nope, not needed. Just extra photographers, videographers, TV channels and one copper riding a horse.

OxoHibby
09-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Nope, not needed. Just extra photographers, videographers, TV channels and one copper riding a horse.

What I don't get is in England a pitch invasion - entering the field of play - is a criminal offence. In Scotland it isn't yet there was a huge problem cos hibs fans did it. Even tho it's an offence in England it happens every season and seems to be accepted. On BBC final score yesterday the reporter covering the Sheffield united game squad get ready for the pitch invasion before it had happened

Keith_M
09-04-2017, 03:26 PM
No doubt the Police down south will still be studying the pictures in a years time, arresting anybody they can possibly identify.

weecounty hibby
09-04-2017, 03:37 PM
I was on the pitch at Firhill and Easter Road that season. What I remember about both was that they weren't invasions as such. I'm sure that I ambled down to the front climbed the fence and wandered about the pitches on both occasions. All very sedate and civilised. Of course none of these matches involved the Huns with their fans coming on looking for a fight.
I won't be on any pitch this time round though

Lancs Harp
09-04-2017, 04:08 PM
What I don't get is in England a pitch invasion - entering the field of play - is a criminal offence. In Scotland it isn't yet there was a huge problem cos hibs fans did it. Even tho it's an offence in England it happens every season and seems to be accepted. On BBC final score yesterday the reporter covering the Sheffield united game squad get ready for the pitch invasion before it had happened

Standard behaviour in England for an end of season "celebration" no one bats an eyelid. No harm done if it doesnt get out of hand. The Polis/stewards know the score and quickly move to corden off certain areas just to be on the safe side. Really isnt an issue down south, as it wasnt yesterday in the matches at Northampton and Doncaster.

Frazerbob
09-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Rangers & Aberdeen fans causing chaos in Aberdeen at the moment. Running battles at Union Square shopping centre, next to the train station. I look forward the 12 months of mugshots in the Record.

Killiehibbie
09-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Standard behaviour in England for an end of season "celebration" no one bats an eyelid. No harm done if it doesnt get out of hand. The Polis/stewards know the score and quickly move to corden off certain areas just to be on the safe side. Really isnt an issue down south, as it wasnt yesterday in the matches at Northampton and Doncaster.
Only ever been an issue in this country a couple of times when the huns got beat.

Lancs Harp
09-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Only ever been an issue in this country a couple of times when the huns got beat.

True.

Sir David Gray
09-04-2017, 04:59 PM

I would think that would be a given at all of our remaining matches until it's done.

Particularly if Morton drop points against St Mirren on Tuesday.

Steve-O
09-04-2017, 08:57 PM
I was on the pitch at Firhill and Easter Road that season. What I remember about both was that they weren't invasions as such. I'm sure that I ambled down to the front climbed the fence and wandered about the pitches on both occasions. All very sedate and civilised. Of course none of these matches involved the Huns with their fans coming on looking for a fight.
I won't be on any pitch this time round though

Your memory might be fading. I recall the tannoy at Firhill saying please stay off the pitch but when the full time whistle went, hundreds immediately flooded on! Stewards didn't try to stop us though.

Sir David Gray
09-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Rangers & Aberdeen fans causing chaos in Aberdeen at the moment. Running battles at Union Square shopping centre, next to the train station. I look forward the 12 months of mugshots in the Record.

Rangers fans are just protecting their players.

Man Down Under
09-04-2017, 10:19 PM
The difference with our pitch invasion is that the losing team got on the pitch too which is unheard of.Things got ugly because of that and these are the people being punished/arrested.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

ColinNish
09-04-2017, 11:03 PM
The difference with our pitch invasion is that the losing team got on the pitch too which is unheard of.Things got ugly because of that and these are the people being punished/arrested.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk
Really? Coz I've heard of plenty folk that have been charged for just being on the pitch and nowhere near the violence.