PDA

View Full Version : Creative midfielder

hibs supporter
08-04-2017, 07:11 PM
We need a new midfielder for next season who can break teams down someone like Scott Allan who can make that killer pass

Ozyhibby
08-04-2017, 07:21 PM
We need a new midfielder for next season who can break teams down someone like Scott Allan who can make that killer pass

Actual Scott Allan would be good. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
08-04-2017, 07:28 PM
He will be :wink:

Smartie
08-04-2017, 07:37 PM
If we threw a creative midfielder into the mix right now, he'd get frustrated with all of the players around him other than Jason Cummings.

We need a lot more than just one player.

I think we'll see a lot more from the creative players we already have (which is what I think SJM is) if we add the 3 or 4 players we badly need to improve us in the final third.

Hi Heid Yin
08-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Just give us anyone, irrespective of his position, who can regularly score goals!
Our failure to convert a healthy percentage of the chances we have created over the whole of this season is shocking.
32 league games played and a pitiful 48 goals scored!
Thank goodness for our defence and Jason Cummings.

neil7908
08-04-2017, 09:07 PM
We need a goal scoring midfielder, a left winger and 2 forwards. Possibly even a right winger as although I admire Boyle's enthusiasm, he just doesn't create or score enough goals.

wookie70
08-04-2017, 09:53 PM
If a creative midfielder encourages us to play some football then we need at least one. If he is going to watch the ball fly over his head most of the game we would be better off getting a striker to score some goals.

Greenworld
09-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Reality is we will need around 6 new players defensively we are quite strong but all other areas are average.
I'm assuming the Jmc and JC will be away so there will at least will be a good kitty for the manager

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
09-04-2017, 06:35 AM
With regards Boyle I get what is said about him , his decision making when he gets into great positions is poor , I just wonder that given he has played almost all of his last 8-10 games as a wide player that NL has said to him if you want a game and to play for us your a wide player /winger so get used to it , cos your not central striker ! If this is the case maybe he will get his head round it and develop into the role , because when he is on his game he is a real asset and for those reasons I think we will and should keep him.

H18 SFR
09-04-2017, 06:42 AM
With regards Boyle I get what is said about him , his decision making when he gets into great positions is poor , I just wonder that given he has played almost all of his last 8-10 games as a wide player that NL has said to him if you want a game and to play for us your a wide player /winger so get used to it , cos your not central striker ! If this is the case maybe he will get his head round it and develop into the role , because when he is on his game he is a real asset and for those reasons I think we will and should keep him.

I'd happily see Boyle back through the middle when Humphries is fit to return.

eastcoasthibby
09-04-2017, 06:49 AM
Matter of opinions ..I just don't think he impacts at all in that position when up against a centre half too easily brushed off the ball, doesn't hold it up ! I get the theory that his quick movement is an positive but feel he is bigger asset and influence wide ..

The Leith Dutch
09-04-2017, 05:19 PM

I'd also keep Boyle.
If I look at the problem areas we have then a guy who isn't necessarily a starting XI player with bags of pace is something I'm happy to keep.

cmcd
09-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Reality is we will need around 6 new players defensively we are quite strong but all other areas are average.
I'm assuming the Jmc and JC will be away so there will at least will be a good kitty for the manager

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Why do you think JC and JMC are leaving .They are both under contract

The Leith Dutch
09-04-2017, 10:14 PM
Why do you think JC and JMC are leaving .They are both under contract

I'll wager both will be the subject of serious offers in the close season.
Doesn't mean definitely gone but I'd be surprised if we hold on to both and would not be at all surprised if we sell both for serious money.

Not totally against that if the fees are right and we get the business done early (or, better, copy the Daniel Levy playbook at Spurs where you know you'll sell them and roughly what you'll get and you spend the money getting new players in before selling them to avoid everyone hiking their prices as they know you have a few bob).