PDA

View Full Version : Post match interviews

Peevemor
08-04-2017, 07:10 PM
https://planetradio.co.uk/clyde/sport/football-news/listen-neil-lennon-maybe-agenda-us/

Heisenberg
08-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Agenda? Ooft. We aren't Celtc Neil, less of that chat.

LithgaeHibby
08-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Maybe Lennon's been on hibs.net. He has a point though - we've had f*** all from refs all season. Problem is that the team is misfiring at the moment and Lennon is feeling the heat at this end of the season. If we were more ruthless on front of goal he wouldn't be making an issue of it.

Peevemor
08-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Agenda? Ooft. We aren't Celtc Neil, less of that chat.
To be fair he admits that he might sound paranoid, but he makes valid points regarding decisions that have gone against us.

Famous Fiver
08-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Heisenberg

I disagree.

There is a huge agenda. NL is spot on.

Big L
08-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Heisenberg

I disagree.

I agree! The refs would never get away with dishing out the same s--t to Celtic that we've had to take this season. 3 S/O rescinded a S/O, Stevenson that never was, penalties against us that never were, penalties for us denied, today a great example.

Hibby Bairn
08-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Heisenberg

I disagree.

What kind of huge agenda?

J-C
08-04-2017, 07:51 PM
What kind of huge agenda?

By having the gall to beat The Rangers last year and deny them precious European exposure, the west coast mafia at it's worst.

MWHIBBIES
08-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Look at the pen given against us last week and the one we didn't get today. Lennon is quite right to be asking serious questions of referees.

Heisenberg
08-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Heisenberg

I disagree.

Huge agenda? C'mon now be serious. Our officials are mince. That's all.

Kato
08-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Huge agenda? C'mon now be serious. Our officials are mince. That's all.

Name all the times they have been mince in our favour this season ( or ever ).

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-04-2017, 07:59 PM
We have had a fair number of horrendous officiating performances against us this season. More than I can recall in 40 odd years watching Hibs.

Famous Fiver
08-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Worst I've seen and I've been going since 1955.

Joe6-2
08-04-2017, 08:09 PM
By having the gall to beat The Rangers last year and deny them precious European exposure, the west coast mafia at it's worst.

Hear hear!

Swedish hibee
08-04-2017, 08:10 PM
We have had a fair number of horrendous officiating performances against us this season. More than I can recall in 40 odd years watching Hibs.

Nah. The handball for Falkirk last season was the absolute worst ever. I'll never forget that.

Centre Hawf
08-04-2017, 08:13 PM
It sounds absolute paranoid.

But I also cannot disagree so colour me para.

Dibben
08-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Look at the pen given against us last week and the one we didn't get today. Lennon is quite right to be asking serious questions of referees.

Yep. When you get one given against you, but the following week don't get one that appears to be clearer, it's hard not to think there's something going on behind it.

I mean, the refs can't be all that bad can they???

weecounty hibby
08-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Name all the times they have been mince in our favour this season ( or ever ).

This for me is the key. Has anyone come away from a game this season saying "that ref was crap today but thank god he wrongly sent off one of the opposition players and gave us a dodgy penalty". They are totally **** but ALWAYS totally **** to our disadvantage

edwards
08-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Fair comment from Neil Lennon how is it possible to handle the ball with two hands and not be awarded a penalty. Time to get this over the line three points against QOS should do.

Kato
08-04-2017, 08:36 PM
This for me is the key. Has anyone come away from a game this season saying "that ref was crap today but thank god he wrongly sent off one of the opposition players and gave us a dodgy penalty". They are totally **** but ALWAYS totally **** to our disadvantage

Exactly, and as it is that can only lead you to think one thing. Still waiting on any even-ing up for any season I've been watching Hibs.

Borderhibbie76
08-04-2017, 08:47 PM
It does sound para I agree but he is spot on...we've had some ridiculous decisions go against us this season...3 red rescinded in 1 season...look at the pens both the huns and yams got in this league on a weekly basis...yet every week almost we seem to be denied a stonewaller...there is deffo something going on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
08-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Again, Lennon expresses his frustration at our poor finishing and our ridiculous amount of draws.
What amongst other things that stood out for me was his comment: "They cost money!" - he was, of course, referring to 'proven strikers'. Maybe I'm wrong but this sounded like a wee dig at our board for not coming up with enough money to secure a proven striker to partner JC.
He also conceded that the players he brought in who have not done the business (ie score goals) was perhaps his fault; in which case he over-estimated their ability to deliver goals at this level - Graham and Shinnie and Holt spring to mind - their combined goals tally is actually embarrassing. Each has offered something, Holt (physicality) Shinnie (guile) and Graham (height and presence) but sadly a pitiful return in terms of the most important thing of all - goals!
Any championship winning side should expect to score an average of at least 2 goals per game, but we have averaged 1.5! Falkirk, in fact, have scored 3 more.
Yes, injuries have blighted our season with key players missing and/or suspended regularly, making his task of securing automatic promotion that bit harder. In this respect Lennon is to be commended for making us difficult to beat.
It's mind boggling to think that we might very well draw our last 4 games and thus record more draws (17) than actual victories (16) whilst clinching the championship.

Peevemor
08-04-2017, 09:05 PM
I didn't take the money comment as a dig at the board but simply stating a fact. Lennon would have known exactly what his budget was when he took the job.

Hi Heid Yin
08-04-2017, 09:26 PM
I didn't take the money comment as a dig at the board but simply stating a fact. Lennon would have known exactly what his budget was when he took the job.

I hope you are right.
I'd hate to think that our limited budget (comparatively speaking) is something that has been eating away at him as he watches the players he brought in fail to deliver goals regularly.

Eyrie
08-04-2017, 09:30 PM
I hope you are right.
I'd hate to think that our limited budget (comparatively speaking) is something that has been eating away at him as he watches the players he brought in fail to deliver goals regularly.

I would say that it's the other teams in this division who have the limited budget compared to us but agree that it was up to Lennon to identify players capable of scoring at this level.

If he can't manage that, how will he succeed once we're promoted?

J-C
08-04-2017, 09:37 PM
I would say that it's the other teams in this division who have the limited budget compared to us but agree that it was up to Lennon to identify players capable of scoring at this level.

If he can't manage that, how will he succeed once we're promoted?

Surely if you add together Holt and Graham's wages then you could afford a better player.

Peevemor
08-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Surely if you add together Holt and Graham's wages then you could afford a better player.
There's also the issue of persuading the players who are worth more to play in the Scottish 2nd tier.

J-C
08-04-2017, 10:38 PM
There's also the issue of persuading the players who are worth more to play in the Scottish 2nd tier.

I'd quite happily replace Holt and Graham for Commons or anyone like that.

MWHIBBIES
08-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I'd quite happily replace Holt and Graham for Commons or anyone like that.Will you pay the 10k+ a week difference in wages?

Bostonhibby
08-04-2017, 10:53 PM
Neil is right. Before the season started we were going to be made to pay for beating the the's in their first ever Scottish cup final and for the pitch invasion.

We then appointed him as manager and that made it open season on Hibs for dodgy decisions. We can carry on saying nothing or shout out when we have a manager who leads from the front.

Life would be a bit easier if we just killed games off but we need at least one more regular goal scorer to do that.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2017, 10:53 PM
Will you pay the 10k+ a week difference in wages?

Is Commons' next weekly pay likely to be in the tens of thousands?

J-C
08-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Will you pay the 10k+ a week difference in wages?

You really are getting on my ****ing nerves tonight, just looking for an argument at every opportunity aren't you :rolleyes:

Did I mention wages NO but we wouldn't be paying full wages if he was on loan would we, more towards his loan might have seen him come.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2017, 10:57 PM
You really are getting on my ****ing nerves tonight, just looking for an argument at every opportunity aren't you :rolleyes:

Did I mention wages NO but we wouldn't be paying full wages if he was on loan would we, more towards his loan might have seen him come.

He's out of contract in a few weeks so his next wage is £0, unless someone else is about to offer him a bumper contract?

MWHIBBIES
08-04-2017, 11:01 PM

Did I mention wages NO but we wouldn't be paying full wages if he was on loan would we, more towards his loan might have seen him come.I'm not looking for an argument at all. I'm replying to your post.

We signed Holt and Graham in the summer. At the time Commons wasn't a possibility. Should we have paid up their contracts in January and went for him? Or do we go for him now when he hasn't played for a year and would still want decent wages?

He would've been great in the summer but it wasn't possible, he would be risky and expensive now.

I don't really see why you are trying to make this personal, I'm just replying to your posts with my thoughts.

J-C
08-04-2017, 11:11 PM
I'm not looking for an argument at all. I'm replying to your post.

We signed Holt and Graham in the summer. At the time Commons wasn't a possibility. Should we have paid up their contracts in January and went for him? Or do we go for him now when he hasn't played for a year and would still want decent wages?

He would've been great in the summer but it wasn't possible, he would be risky and expensive now.

I don't really see why you are trying to make this personal, I'm just replying to your posts with my thoughts.

I'm getting personal because all I've had to do for the past 30 minutes is reply to your bloody posts, posts that seem to be looking for a reaction or an argument.

If you look at my post I did say Commons or anyone like that.

It didn't have to be Commons and yes he wasn't available but it was plainly obvious that a player like Commons, Stokes or anyone of that ability was essential, we got Shinnie but he's a shadow of the player that went south. We needed guile, we seen what Commons could do and what Stokes was capable of in that final, that kind of player would've been my main priority, not 2 big lumps up front.

MWHIBBIES
08-04-2017, 11:15 PM
I'm getting personal because all I've had to do for the past 30 minutes is reply to your bloody posts, posts that seem to be looking for a reaction or an argument.

It didn't have to be Commons and yes he wasn't available but it was plainly obvious that a player like Commons, Stokes or anyone of that ability was essential, we got Shinnie but he's a shadow of the player that went south. We needed guile, we seen what Commons could do and what Stokes was capable of in that final, that kind of player would've been my main priority, not 2 big lumps up front.

It isn't plainly obvious that we needed a player like that because the players we signed are going to get us promoted and have us into the Scottish cup semi finals. That standard of player isn't needed to get out of this league. Stokes was actually quite poor in the league last season. We have done what was required this season.

If you dislike my posts you don't have to reply to them but to say I am clearly trolling is quite unfair.

J-C
08-04-2017, 11:22 PM
It isn't plainly obvious that we needed a player like that because the players we signed are going to get us promoted and have us into the Scottish cup semi finals. That standard of player isn't needed to get out of this league. Stokes was actually quite poor in the league last season. We have done what was required this season.

If you dislike my posts you don't have to reply to them but to say I am clearly trolling is quite unfair.

Time to put you on Block as you're doing my threepennies in. :bye:

jimmythefish
08-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Dundee Utd the other week gollum deliberate handball right in front of the ref should have been 2nd yellow, not given,even tho he had earlier given jase a second yellow for deliberate handball

greenlex
08-04-2017, 11:23 PM
I don't think the strikers are particularly mis firing of late. We are creating very littlle compared to earlier in the season when you could possibly have levelled that at them.

Vault Boy
08-04-2017, 11:37 PM
I enjoyed the interview on HTV, although as we saw with TB, talking the talk is useless if you can't deliver. However, Neil is currently delivering the minimum for a successful season - a league win and a decent cup defence effort, so we're pretty comfortable at the moment. Next season is where I'll judge him properly, on football, signings and development of the team.

As for there being some kind of conspiracy against us... Total garbage and a little bit cringy to suggest so - IMO. Referees have been poor this year, but our games are much scrappier than last year and Scottish refs are generally pretty awful anyway. It doesn't help that arguably our country's best official isn't allowed to take our matches anymore. We've definitely been unlucky here, but an agenda? No way.

matty_f
08-04-2017, 11:45 PM

Think you're taking the discussions a bit personally chief, I don't see anything in the posts that suggests there's anything other than disagreement and discussion.

SonOfDavidFrancey
09-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Two different referees at two different matches seeing two different situations differently and managing each to make a different mistake is not a conspiracy.

keep the faith
09-04-2017, 08:33 AM
I must admit, I don't really enjoy a Hibs manager doing all this "everyones's against us nonsense".

Refereeing is poor in Scotland, but can we show some class as a club? This is hot on the heels of Lennon having to be held back by his own players the week before.

Come on Neil, concentrate on winning games and less about other teams and referees. We shouldn't need to be relying on them.

I do appreciate that some like this new approach, but have to say its the stuff I have always hated with the old firm, so would be hypocritical of me to say I find in any less embarrassing now.

Heisenberg
09-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Two different referees at two different matches seeing two different situations differently and managing each to make a different mistake is not a conspiracy.

Spot on. Lennon is doing a very good job of deflecting away from our poor form by blaming and talking about the officials (as he did at Celtc too).

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2017, 09:08 AM
I must admit, I don't really enjoy a Hibs manager doing all this "everyones's against us nonsense".

Refereeing is poor in Scotland, but can we show some class as a club? This is hot on the heels of Lennon having to be held back by his own players the week before.

Come on Neil, concentrate on winning games and less about other teams and referees. We shouldn't need to be relying on them.

I do appreciate that some like this new approach, but have to say its the stuff I have always hated with the old firm, so would be hypocritical of me to say I find in any less embarrassing now.

I'm the opposite. I've been moaning for seasons that we do t let folk know when we're hard done by. It should at least put a doubt in the referees mind next time when they attemp to "even things out".

JimBHibees
09-04-2017, 09:09 AM
I don't think the strikers are particularly mis firing of late. We are creating very littlle compared to earlier in the season when you could possibly have levelled that at them.

Agree the service is poor however the striker movement and inter play is poor also.

JimBHibees
09-04-2017, 09:12 AM
I'm the opposite. I've been moaning for seasons that we do t let folk know when we're hard done by. It should at least put a doubt in the referees mind next time when they attemp to "even things out".

I agree we should put it out there and not act like a victim. The bottom line is we have now had 3 sending offs which were wrong this season alone plus a number of very soft penalties.

Ilovehibs
09-04-2017, 09:16 AM

I agree with you DH.
Just don't want the 'paranoia' label attached to what are legitimate complaints.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2017, 09:19 AM
I agree with you DH.
Just don't want the 'paranoia' label attached to what are legitimate complaints.

It loses its impact when that happens. Needs to be done only to highlight shocking decisions (the 3 red cards) or inconsistencies (the penalty for Dunfermline vs the one we didn't get).

We've seasons and seasons of evening up due to us when you look at just derbies on their own with their countless retrospective red cards, goals over the line not given, penalties against that are yards outside the box, and wrongly chopped off offside goals. Hardly a word was said by us at the time so all forgotten.

Eyrie
09-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Spot on. Lennon is doing a very good job of deflecting away from our poor form by blaming and talking about the officials (as he did at Celtc too).

I didn't like his ginger whinger act at Celtc and don't like it here either.

His statements may only be public deflection from our non-performances but I'd rather Lennon focussed on fixing our problems and getting us to score enough goals that it doesn't matter if the referee makes a mistake.

DarlingtonHibee
09-04-2017, 10:15 AM
I didn't like his ginger whinger act at Celtc and don't like it here either.

His statements may only be public deflection from our non-performances but I'd rather Lennon focussed on fixing our problems and getting us to score enough goals that it doesn't matter if the referee makes a mistake.
I fear he is going to get battered this week, and now add another charge, think Leaane needs a quiet word. We need to focus on the football side of things.

Kato
09-04-2017, 10:48 AM

That is however, only one instance.

I look forward to the games when referees are being mince in our direction.

lucky
09-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Lenny is spot with regards to the penalty, all he is saying he wants the refs to be consistent. I'm delighted we've got a manager who does not just let the SFA get away with their crap. As a club we've been to soft for to long. I've no doubt that we will win the league and he'll make us competitive next season.

Dashing Bob S
09-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Love Lennon's passion for the club, and he clearly knows our own shortcomings and the frustration with officialdom.

I think we have been victims of poor refereeing the previous two seasons, but all the evidence this year points to an agenda against Hibs for having the audacity to take the Scottish Cup from the Huns. The evidence - from the three reds rescinded to the handballs of the last week- is pretty overwhelming and you'd have to blind not to notice.

I think this feeds into the lack of ruthlessness Lennon was talking about, our players are often tentative in the later stages of games, as if they expect big calls to go against them.

Fair officiating would have see this league tied up weeks ago.

I don't know if this is an overt conspiracy or it's something that just bubbles beneath the threshold of consciousness in the masonic minds of officials -and I don't really care- but it certainly is real and I think it might have derailed our flag hopes this season if we had a less strong personality in charge of our team, and decent opposition.

09-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Not difficult to see why one may think theres bias going on, we've been on the receiving end of may utterly ludicrous decisions this season but I think the truth is that the referees and officials in the country are just quite simply *****. The standards of officials in this country is a joke and it has been for as long as I can remember.

Baldy Foghorn
09-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Love his passion, tells it how it is.

He will know what changes to squad need to be made in Summer.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2017, 06:28 PM
If the refs have it in for anyone it won't be Hibs, it will be Lennon. I think they are still smarting over the strike in 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenwich_Hibby
09-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Getting all the smoke and mirrors re passion, love for the club ........but....

Has he demonstrated any ability to take Hibs forward where it matters - on the pitch?

Sh*te like paranoia with officials wont help , nor will his Hoof tactics....

Callum_62
09-04-2017, 06:58 PM

Has he demonstrated any ability to take Hibs forward where it matters - on the pitch?

we're still on for the double, I'd have bit your hand off for that if you asked me last August

SMAXXA
09-04-2017, 07:16 PM

Is this a serious post? Likely to win us the league and get us out this division at the first time of asking and we are in the semis of the Scottish again. That to me demonstrates his ability to take hibs forward.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2017, 07:39 PM

Sh*te like paranoia with officials wont help , nor will his Hoof tactics....Passing football and 3rd place or hoof tactics and promotion?

wookie70
09-04-2017, 07:44 PM
I'll give Lennon his due, he is a decent listen because he doesn't think too much about what he is saying and speaks from the heart. He really does need to lay off the excuses. It was ref's fault, it was the pitches fault, it was the players' faults for not scoring and then in the dying embers maybe he bought the wrong players and some recognition, albeit not definitive, that he may have a share of that blame. I think it shows he spend a good bit of his career at a club that gets all the decisions. The referees have been appalling this year but it is pretty much same ol same old and certainly nothing to do with him. Saying it was just makes him seem paranoid.

I am delighted he sorted out shaking the Morton boys hand as that showed a complete lack of class or control. Seems like it was the latter and it worries me that he can't see what is going on around him due to his "tunnel vision" in getting to the referee to moan about a single decision in the game albeit a turning point. I feel like that is the case in some games where clearly whatever the plan is isn't working but we wait an eternity for a change and then it is often like for like.

He keeps on complaining about it being all about Lenny but he isn't half making that easy for the journos to make it all about him. My biggest worry about the whole interview was that he thought we were excellent in the first half. I would have went for compact and mediocre with a flash of brilliance from our "superstar". It isn't the first time he has waxed lyrical about a performance that seemed humdrum to me and many on here.

It will be fascinating to see what happens next year in terms of signings. IMO he is very close to where Butcher got to in terms of slating players but he will have an opportunity to sort it out and get rid of what he sees is dead wood. It will be interesting to see how much of that wood he stuck to the tree in the first place.

Callum_62
09-04-2017, 09:00 PM
I'll give Lennon his due, he is a decent listen because he doesn't think too much about what he is saying and speaks from the heart. He really does need to lay off the excuses. It was ref's fault, it was the pitches fault, it was the players' faults for not scoring and then in the dying embers maybe he bought the wrong players and some recognition, albeit not definitive, that he may have a share of that blame. I think it shows he spend a good bit of his career at a club that gets all the decisions. The referees have been appalling this year but it is pretty much same ol same old and certainly nothing to do with him. Saying it was just makes him seem paranoid.

I am delighted he sorted out shaking the Morton boys hand as that showed a complete lack of class or control. Seems like it was the latter and it worries me that he can't see what is going on around him due to his "tunnel vision" in getting to the referee to moan about a single decision in the game albeit a turning point. I feel like that is the case in some games where clearly whatever the plan is isn't working but we wait an eternity for a change and then it is often like for like.

He keeps on complaining about it being all about Lenny but he isn't half making that easy for the journos to make it all about him. My biggest worry about the whole interview was that he thought we were excellent in the first half. I would have went for compact and mediocre with a flash of brilliance from our "superstar". It isn't the first time he has waxed lyrical about a performance that seemed humdrum to me and many on here.

It will be fascinating to see what happens next year in terms of signings. IMO he is very close to where Butcher got to in terms of slating players but he will have an opportunity to sort it out and get rid of what he sees is dead wood. It will be interesting to see how much of that wood he stuck to the tree in the first place.

Morton had 0 shots the first half

We were whilly dominant

wookie70
09-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Morton had 0 shots the first half

We were whilly dominant There is a difference between being dominant and excellent. I would expect Hibs to be dominant in nearly every game we play in this league given our resources. I would hope we were excellent and if yesterday was excellent then my definition is different to Lennons. Excellent would have been taking our chances and pretty much securing the result. I would maybe say our defending was excellent.

high bee
09-04-2017, 09:46 PM

I think Lennon is trying to create a siege mentality. Yes, we are definitely being hard done by with decisions and yes the team is not performing but we aren't good enough to win every game and bad spells will happen. It's all about getting the team back on track, he has tried calling out individual players to test their metal and now he is using this situation to his advantage. He is ensuring the attention remains off the team performances and hopefully this will pay off starting again on Saturday.

He always comes across as annoying to other fans and to us he is not what we are used to (we usually take the high road and keep quiet) but I don't think this is him unable to help himself, he is cleverly taking all the heat and focus off the team while winding up rivals which affects their focus.

wookie70
09-04-2017, 10:27 PM
I think Lennon is trying to create a siege mentality. Yes, we are definitely being hard done by with decisions and yes the team is not performing but we aren't good enough to win every game and bad spells will happen. It's all about getting the team back on track, he has tried calling out individual players to test their metal and now he is using this situation to his advantage. He is ensuring the attention remains off the team performances and hopefully this will pay off starting again on Saturday.

He always comes across as annoying to other fans and to us he is not what we are used to (we usually take the high road and keep quiet) but I don't think this is him unable to help himself, he is cleverly taking all the heat and focus off the team while winding up rivals which affects their focus.

A very elaborate plan then. Not the way I see it at all. I think he is deflecting but I think it is more about him than a cunning plan to get other teams to lose their focus. We don't have any of our rivals to play now so not sure why they would be worrying about us. Two wins in our last 10 league games. perhaps it is our focus that should be questioned. It hasn't paid off many Saturdays so hopefully you are right and this one will be different.