PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson.

Jim44
08-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Henderson seems to have disappeared from the scene at Parkhead, after a wee spell when it looked as if he was getting a foot in the door. Is he injured?

Elephant Stone
08-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Don't know if he's injured but I'd just like to hijack your thread slightly and take the opportunity to say that I really, really, really hope we sign Liam Henderson.

Green Man
08-04-2017, 06:18 PM
He scored for their development team the other day.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2017, 06:19 PM
For his own development he needs to move now. Let's hope we are in the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
08-04-2017, 06:19 PM
He will never get a proper chance at Celtc. Gutted we couldn't get him back this season.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2017, 06:20 PM

He didn't, it was his younger brother
He was on the Celtic bench against Partick on Wednesday, didn't get on. Don't think he has a future at Celtic

hibs#1
08-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Depending on how much Celtic spend in the summer I fancy our chances of getting him permanent.

We've got a good solid spine of a team at the moment.which is why we don't lose Alot but still draw too many games.think bridging the gap from defence and midfield is our big issue sof I'd liam henderson would be good start for that.

1van Sprou7e
08-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Hendo also seems like a great character to have in the squad, extremely passionate and keen to motivate his teammates

Green Man
08-04-2017, 06:36 PM
He didn't, it was his younger brother
He was on the Celtic bench against Partick on Wednesday, didn't get on. Don't think he has a future at Celtic

Oops. I didn't realise his brother played for them as well.

Smartie
08-04-2017, 06:43 PM
He's exactly what we need on a number of levels.

The ability to deliver a set-piece, the ability to make a pass, the ability to drop a shoulder and beat a man before delivering a shot, cross or pass.

The kind of signing that would potentially sell a bucketload of additional season tickets as a statement of intent.

He's passionate, driven, oozes character and strikes me as a leader even at an early age.

And if we were to be promoted I don't even think it would be a bad move for him to become the mainstay of a Premier League midfield, playing every week.

We should do all we can to make this happen.

Tamhere1875
08-04-2017, 06:44 PM

It was his brother who scored not Liam

Northernhibee
08-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Don't know if he's injured but I'd just like to hijack your thread slightly and take the opportunity to say that I really, really, really hope we sign Liam Henderson.

:hyper

stoneyburn hibs
08-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Oops. I didn't realise his brother played for them as well.

His younger brother supposedly has more potential.

Tamhere1875
08-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Do we have the money that Celtic would want for him?

stoneyburn hibs
08-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Do we have the money that Celtic would want for him?

I'd like to think so, hopefully not involving SJM.

Zazu62
08-04-2017, 06:47 PM
We miss him badly at times

bingo70
08-04-2017, 06:51 PM
We never really replaced him with anyone did we?

Trying to think of our summer signing and can't think of anyone we brought in to fill the role he played?

1van Sprou7e
08-04-2017, 06:56 PM

Just got reminded of how much we papped Celtic in the Scott Allan deal

What was it again, McGeouch + Hendo for a year + 150k?

Famous Fiver
08-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Smartie

Could you just talk me through that comment ?

'Ability to deliver at a set piece'.

I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Dibben
08-04-2017, 07:05 PM
I so hope we can get Hendo home for next season!!

Stax
08-04-2017, 07:54 PM
That maybe the case, but potential and what Liam has already achieved are two entirely different things,.

1van Sprou7e
08-04-2017, 08:02 PM

Heard the same about Hazard's two brothers, doubt they'll ever reach his level though

Famous Fiver
08-04-2017, 08:03 PM
I'd take both of them in a heartbeat.

snooky
08-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Heard the same about Hazard's two brothers, doubt they'll ever reach his level though

The same was said about Bobby Conn, young Alfie's wee brother.

Big L
08-04-2017, 08:08 PM

I read today that Leeds, poss Newcastle are interested in J McG it went on to say that Celtic were fav to sign him. If it means we get Hendo and 1 or 2 others plus cash I would settle for that.

1van Sprou7e
08-04-2017, 08:31 PM
I read today that Leeds, poss Newcastle are interested in J McG it went on to say that Celtic were fav to sign him. If it means we get Hendo and 1 or 2 others plus cash I would settle for that.

Think he's more likely to go south but who knows, Rodgers might sway him. Worked wonders with Armstrong

Diclonius
08-04-2017, 08:35 PM
If Celtic offered McGinn for Henderson and Allan I'd take it.

Dibben
08-04-2017, 08:40 PM

Throw in Gary Mackay-Steven and I'd take the deal!!

hibs0666
08-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Aye and £2 million.

Ilovehibs
08-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Plus some dosh and its a deal!

Billy Whizz
08-04-2017, 08:51 PM

And Rodgers, then i'd think about it

Borderhibbie76
08-04-2017, 08:57 PM
We never really replaced him with anyone did we?

Trying to think of our summer signing and can't think of anyone we brought in to fill the role he played?
Temporality with commons who we have also missed badly mate...spot on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
08-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Normally not a fan of signing ex-players but would urgently recommend Dempster et al to get The Delivery Boy signed up

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Same old. Anytime he's out the picture he's coming back and anytime he's involved in the first team he's out of our league and destined to become a future Ballon D'or winner.

Armstrong coming on to his game the way he has, McGregor is ahead of him plus that Kouassi fella they signed in January. Add in summer recruits and I reckon Hendo will be surplus to requirements. We had money to spend last summer and with the exception of contact renewals didn't really spend much. Let's give celtic what they want for a player we know is quality and buys in to our club ethos

truehibernian
08-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Same old. Anytime he's out the picture he's coming back and anytime he's involved in the first team he's out of our league and destined to become a future Ballon D'or winner.

Armstrong coming on to his game the way he has, McGregor is ahead of him plus that Kouassi fella they signed in January. Add in summer recruits and I reckon Hendo will be surplus to requirements. We had money to spend last summer and with the exception of contact renewals didn't really spend much. Let's give celtic what they want for a player we know is quality and buys in to our club ethos

We may be looking at Stevie Mallan and Lewis Vaughan instead........would love Henderson but think he will stay at Celtic.

Jim44
08-04-2017, 11:58 PM
We may be looking at Stevie Mallan and Lewis Vaughan instead........would love Henderson but think he will stay at Celtic.

Nah, this guy is gagging for first team football and there's no way he'll get that under Rodgers. We probably have no chance of getting him but I would like to see him get a chance down south.

yonder1875
09-04-2017, 12:00 AM

Stevie Mallan would be a decent signing imo. Surprised he's still at St Mirren, ran the show for them when they beat us 2-0 a few weeks back.

Unseen work
09-04-2017, 02:53 AM
Personally I feel he majority of hibs fan over rate himnon here based on his cup final corners.

Good player with a lot of potential but nowhere near as good as some posters crack him up to be.

Forza Fred
09-04-2017, 03:35 AM
It's increasingly looking likely that next season, due to a combination of people wishing to leave, and incomers filling positions that need to be, that the team is almost going to be unrecognisable to this season's.

Jag7
09-04-2017, 04:18 AM
It's increasingly looking likely that next season, due to a combination of people wishing to leave, and incomers filling positions that need to be, that the team is almost going to be unrecognisable to this season's.

I hope so !!

MacGruber
09-04-2017, 06:38 AM
I hope so !!

It's virtually the same team and same players this board had almost a unanimous view would be comfortable top 6 last season if we managed to get up. Of course we never so a mute point.
I think however it's because the style of football/quality of play is worse than a year ago. We do play well on occasion just as last season we were poor on occasion, however 'trugid' and 'eyebleeding' pop up on here far more frequently now.

Most on here say it's better that we have sacrificed style for better results - better results yielding less of a points total! Better style resulting in less goals. An argument that at least we lose less as we bore the opposition into stalemate.

The defence however has been better no question, including the goalkeeper.

& at the end of the day we are looking every inch champions elect in a season that winning the league was the be all and end all. Add in completely embarrassing Hearts on the way to the Scottish Cup semi (a trophy defence which even if it ended there has been brilliant). It looks mission accomplished.

What next season holds under Lennon is anyone's guess. He had a job to do this season and done it - even if we've went backwards a bit on the park. Thankfully that lee-way was there as no other team this season is finishing on 80pts plus like the previous 2 under Stubbs.

Football is a funny game!

ano hibby
09-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Has Hendo played enough to get a League winners medal?

lord bunberry
09-04-2017, 10:29 AM
McGinn for Henderson and Griffiths and Celtic have got a deal.

lucky
09-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Henderson needs to leave Celtic another season of his career gone and he's played a handful of games. I'd take him at Hibs but not sure I'd pay a fee for him and certainly wouldn't swap McGinn for him and Allan.

erin go bragh
09-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Plus Griffiths and a couple of million.

hibee-boys
09-04-2017, 11:56 AM
I take these suggestions of Griffiths coming back are tongue in cheek? He's not long signed a 4 year deal on 15k plus a week. Celtic could sell him to a championship side for 3-4 million and they'd happily pick up his wages. He'll not be back at hibs until the end of his career.

Cameron1875
09-04-2017, 05:20 PM
He's not good enough for Celtic which is no disgrace at all.

Come home Liam :greengrin

ancient hibee
09-04-2017, 05:28 PM
McGinn for Henderson and Griffiths and Celtic have got a deal.
Even Griffiths isn't daft enough to drop £10K a week.

Unseen work
10-04-2017, 01:47 AM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15213952.Liam_Henderson__Brendan_Rodgers_won__39_t _hand_me_Celtic_chance_on_a_plate/

Doesn't look likely

lucky
10-04-2017, 07:17 AM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15213952.Liam_Henderson__Brendan_Rodgers_won__39_t _hand_me_Celtic_chance_on_a_plate/

Doesn't look likely

Not sure how he can say it's a brilliant season for him with only 6 starts and 7 from the bench. He is still only 20 but needs to be playing to develop

JimBHibees
10-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Not sure how he can say it's a brilliant season for him with only 6 starts and 7 from the bench. He is still only 20 but needs to be playing to develop

Probably brilliant in terms of being involved in an unbeaten team and made to feel involved and engaged by the new coaching team and probably feels he is developing as a player because of this.

500miles
10-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Henderson would be a direct replacement for McGinn. He's another guy with that winning mentality too, and that's invaluable.If we're offered anything like £2 million plus Hendo on a permanent deal, we'd be mad not to take it.

Big_Franck
10-04-2017, 08:18 AM

Doesn't look likely

Another weegie rag that struggles with the truth. They say in that article that last season Henderson was the first name on the team sheet at Hibs. The truth, as always with the weegie media, is somewhat different.

I'd love Henderson back at Hibs but I do also think some Hibs fans overrate him after his two brilliant deliveries in the final. He was often a sub in a team that finished behind Falkirk. The reason for him not always starting was that he was typical of our problems last season, which have continued this year, in that he was good on the ball, good technically but his finishing was awful and his final pass was often poor. With the way some people speak about Henderson after the final you'd think he'd been a standout every week.

Brightside
10-04-2017, 08:21 AM
I doubt very much we can afford him.

seanoheimhin
10-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Another weegie rag that struggles with the truth. They say in that article that last season Henderson was the first name on the team sheet at Hibs. The truth, as always with the weegie media, is somewhat different.

I'd love Henderson back at Hibs but I do also think some Hibs fans overrate him after his two brilliant deliveries in the final. He was often a sub in a team that finished behind Falkirk. The reason for him not always starting was that he was typical of our problems last season, which have continued this year, in that he was good on the ball, good technically but his finishing was awful and his final pass was often poor. With the way some people speak about Henderson after the final you'd think he'd been a standout every week.

There are definitely a few cases of selective memory going around. He was part of a painfully narrow midfield with no pace under Stubbs and he offered almost zero goal threat. If I remember correctly he also played on the edge of that midfield which didn't suit him. He's looked a more assured passer and more comfortable on the ball for Celtic this season and generally more mature in games. If we do sign him it should be as a central midfield anchor like he's been playing this season, he doesn't have the pace to play out wide and doesn't have the finishing to play behind the strikers. Love the guy and hope to see him back at ER, but not sure it'll be as the type of player some are remembering.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-04-2017, 11:35 AM

:agree:

Elephant Stone
11-04-2017, 11:03 AM
There are definitely a few cases of selective memory going around. He was part of a painfully narrow midfield with no pace under Stubbs and he offered almost zero goal threat. If I remember correctly he also played on the edge of that midfield which didn't suit him. He's looked a more assured passer and more comfortable on the ball for Celtic this season and generally more mature in games. If we do sign him it should be as a central midfield anchor like he's been playing this season, he doesn't have the pace to play out wide and doesn't have the finishing to play behind the strikers. Love the guy and hope to see him back at ER, but not sure it'll be as the type of player some are remembering.

There's no selective memory from me, and his cup final corners have nothing to do with it whatsoever. He was part of a narrow midfield but that's not his fault. We didn't really have wide players and someone would always be filling in, either on the right or left. McGinn had to do it a few times and I don't think he's very effective out wide either. Henderson is an outstanding central midfielder, plays with loads of aggression but without being thuggish or an anti-football type player, he has skill instead. If the player he's marking gets the ball then Henderson is in his face immediately, harassing him in every way possible and just being a nightmare to play against.

When he's got the ball he can beat a man, can pass extremely well and can cross extremely well, from open play as well as set pieces (Cummings' header at Tynecastle was from a Henderson cross in open play). He can also finish (with both feet), the folk who are saying he's a poor finisher are talking pish, sorry to say so. He scored about a goal every 5 or 6 games and that is not bad for a midfielder who was played pretty deep. He also scored one of our goals of the season against St Mirren from a free kick.

On top of all that he's a brilliant guy to have around, the intensity of his game will rub off on others around him and he looks destined to lead. He will definitely captain teams in his career. We would be very lucky to sign him I reckon.

CockneyRebel
11-04-2017, 11:46 AM

That pretty much sums up my view of Liam. I love his enthusiasm but he didn't influence games the way some folk seem to "remember". Hibs legend? - yes, totally and would be a fine squad addition but he is not the messiah some folk would have you believe, that's why he was only a sub in THAT cup win.

oldbutdim
11-04-2017, 11:51 AM
There's no selective memory from me, and his cup final corners have nothing to do with it whatsoever. He was part of a narrow midfield but that's not his fault. We didn't really have wide players and someone would always be filling in, either on the right or left. McGinn had to do it a few times and I don't think he's very effective out wide either. Henderson is an outstanding central midfielder, plays with loads of aggression but without being thuggish or an anti-football type player, he has skill instead. If the player he's marking gets the ball then Henderson is in his face immediately, harassing him in every way possible and just being a nightmare to play against.

When he's got the ball he can beat a man, can pass extremely well and can cross extremely well, from open play as well as set pieces (Cummings' header at Tynecastle was from a Henderson cross in open play). He can also finish (with both feet), the folk who are saying he's a poor finisher are talking pish, sorry to say so. He scored about a goal every 5 or 6 games and that is not bad for a midfielder who was played pretty deep. He also scored one of our goals of the season against St Mirren from a free kick.

On top of all that he's a brilliant guy to have around, the intensity of his game will rub off on others around him and he looks destined to lead. He will definitely captain teams in his career. We would be very lucky to sign him I reckon.

I seem to remember a peach against Livingston away too.
:agree:

Jim44
11-04-2017, 12:09 PM
That pretty much sums up my view of Liam. I love his enthusiasm but he didn't influence games the way some folk seem to "remember". Hibs legend? - yes, totally and would be a fine squad addition but he is not the messiah some folk would have you believe, that's why he was only a sub in THAT cup win.

He's certainly not the be all and end all, but in the odd appearance for Celtic this season I think he has looked very comfortable. I think he would walk into our Premiership squad.

lucky
11-04-2017, 12:18 PM

Your really out of order, I can't believe someone is being factual and correct on here. Stop this nonsense now. This is a fans message board where talking ***** is a must. When Hendo returns he'll lead us to the promised land

500miles
11-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Some harsh criticism of Henderson. I think he was outmuscled at times, and his decision making was hot and cold, but he could take the ball past a player, played with the head up, take a set piece and was an extremely driven player, determined to win. I actually think he's got a lot in common with McGinn, but could be an even better player given time.

Onion
11-04-2017, 02:50 PM

Henderson is highly regarded and has potential to develop further. If Hibs have any chance of signing him on a contract (and he 's willing to sign), we should grab the opportunity with both both hands.

GreenArmyyy!
11-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Personally I feel he majority of hibs fan over rate himnon here based on his cup final corners.

Good player with a lot of potential but nowhere near as good as some posters crack him up to be.

Take that back.

11-04-2017, 04:49 PM

TBF he's still very young, wouldn't expect him to be the finished article. Fantastic attitude and a very very exciting young talent.

Legend forever for what he did on that day :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Too much football too much over analysis.

Ardenttwo
11-04-2017, 05:12 PM
I so hope we can get Hendo home for next season!!

According to today's press Celtic manager states No one will leave Celtic

Billy Whizz
11-04-2017, 05:27 PM

I think he meant big name stars like Dembele, Sinclair etc

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2017, 05:33 PM

Welcome to the Hotel California ;)