View Full Version : Season Ticket Early Bird Deadline on the Same day as Public Sale fro the Scottish Cup

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Terrible planning having these two major ticketing events lading on the same day.

There was always going to be a surge in ST sales this week and then add to that SC semi public sale.. the Ticket Office are great, but I have always experienced poor comms when trying them on the phone. Not everyone can go to the Ticket Office in person during their working hours... 10am til 5pm...! When these events are going on they should have early opening and late closing and hire some temp staff to man the office and phones.

I have read a few post on here and elsewhere about people struggling to get through to sort out problems that are affecting ST purchases, it would be great if this could be addressed.

Any Supporter Reps on here fancy taking this up?

07-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Terrible planning having these two major ticketing events lading on the same day.

There was always going to be a surge in ST sales this week and then add to that SC semi public sale.. the Ticket Office are great, but I have always experienced poor comms when trying them on the phone. Not everyone can go to the Ticket Office in person during their working hours... 10am til 5pm...! When these events are going on they should have early opening and late closing and hire some temp staff to man the office and phones.

I have read a few post on here and elsewhere about people struggling to get through to sort out problems that are affecting ST purchases, it would be great if this could be addressed.

Early birds have been on sale since March.

Everyone who wants a ticket for the semi final will get one - still plenty of time and seats left.

Regarding getting through on phone line - that's a different story and never tried to phone as online is so easy to use.

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 09:19 AM

Everyone who wants a ticket for the semi final will get one - still plenty of time and seats left.

Regarding getting through on phone line - that's a different story and never tried to phone as online is so easy to use.

I 100% agree. I renewed weeks ago.

But...

There are issues that cannot be resolved via the online ticket portal, namely my friend's DoB has been changed to his Dad's (They have the same name) so when he has been attempting to renew his ST online it shows him as a Senior. His ST this year is an Adult so he doesn't know why there has been a change, but he has tried rectifying it for a few weeks. He called the TO a few times and was told it would be fixed each time... it wasn't fixed and he is left now trying every day this week to call them to get it fixed in time to get the Payment plan with Early Bird Pricing.

Due to the fact that there are two huge pushes for tickets this week he has been unable to get it resolved and he cannot afford to pay up front for his ST shoudl he miss today's deadline!

07-04-2017, 09:34 AM

But...

There are issues that cannot be resolved via the online ticket portal, namely my friend's DoB has been changed to his Dad's (They have the same name) so when he has been attempting to renew his ST online it shows him as a Senior. His ST this year is an Adult so he doesn't know why there has been a change, but he has tried rectifying it for a few weeks. He called the TO a few times and was told it would be fixed each time... it wasn't fixed and he is left now trying every day this week to call them to get it fixed in time to get the Payment plan with Early Bird Pricing.

Due to the fact that there are two huge pushes for tickets this week he has been unable to get it resolved and he cannot afford to pay up front for his ST shoudl he miss today's deadline!

Have you tried emailing them? Keep a note of the email date and time?

Maybe someone else can help abut best phone number to ring or PM one of the supporters Reps on here?

Good luck :aok:

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Have you tried emailing them? Keep a note of the email date and time?

Maybe someone else can help abut best phone number to ring or PM one of the supporters Reps on here?

Good luck :aok:

Yeah he has tried emailing... phoning... tweeting... facebooking.

We even know one of the lasses who is Hospitality Sales Manager and he is now trying to get a hold of her... but he shouldn't have to go to those lengths to resolve a simple issue like this!

They are just unresponsive!!! Its not like its something that can be dealt with at a quieter time either!! Poor show, quite disappointing really.

07-04-2017, 09:42 AM

But...

Just renew as it is then get it sorted later at TO plenty of time before season starts.

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 09:50 AM
Just renew as it is then get it sorted later at TO plenty of time before season starts.

He can't as he needs to do the payment plan and its priced at £155 right now....

He wouldn't get approved by Zebra as his correct details won't match the details sent by Hibs.

07-04-2017, 09:54 AM
He can't as he needs to do the payment plan and its priced at £155 right now....

He wouldn't get approved by Zebra as his correct details won't match the details sent by Hibs.

Ah fair enough.

HFCdeb
07-04-2017, 10:18 AM

But...

Email them. I had a similar issue and when I phoned the idiot who "helped" me ended up changing my account details over to my dad's. When I emailed I got a really prompt response with an apology and it was sorted within minutes. I was really impressed with the woman who helped me.

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Email them. I had a similar issue and when I phoned the idiot who "helped" me ended up changing my account details over to my dad's. When I emailed I got a really prompt response with an apology and it was sorted within minutes. I was really impressed with the woman who helped me.

He has tried emailing...

Which address did you email and i'll fire it over to him and see if that helps?

Cheers

HFCdeb
07-04-2017, 10:36 AM
He has tried emailing...

Which address did you email and i'll fire it over to him and see if that helps?

Cheers

Using the "contact us" option on the official site. Here's the link: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/contact
Hope it gets sorted quickly.

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Using the "contact us" option on the official site. Here's the link: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/contact
Hope it gets sorted quickly.

Tried that!!

He has emailed a few different addresses as well.... no response!

HFCdeb
07-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Tried that!!

He has emailed a few different addresses as well.... no response!

Oh that's a bummer. Try THepburn@hibernianfc.co.uk

07-04-2017, 10:56 AM

Not when you can't buy student season tickets online it's not. Granted I've left it late but there was nothing wrong with the system before where you can buy a student ticket online and you just had to show proof when you collected your season ticket card.

Sioux
07-04-2017, 11:12 AM
So, one person has a problem with renewing a season ticket, which allegedly cannot be resolved because there are semi-final tickets on sale during the early bird renewal stage. And someone is really disgusted. Really? Is this a wind up?

Over 6000 renewals and some 7/8000 semi tickets sold. Circa 14,000 transactions. But one issue arises and Hibs are at fault because these sales have been planned 'terribly'. You couldn't make this up.

Add to that the OP has not suggested that he has an issue but wants to have a rant on behalf of someone else. Why not leave those involved to deal with it themselves instead of coming on here with all this 'woe is me stuff'?

07-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Terrible planning you say........Amateur Dramatic Society hasn't got a look in!!

cmcd
07-04-2017, 11:21 AM
So, one person has a problem with renewing a season ticket, which allegedly cannot be resolved because there are semi-final tickets on sale during the early bird renewal stage. And someone is really disgusted. Really? Is this a wind up?

Over 6000 renewals and some 7/8000 semi tickets sold. Circa 14,000 transactions. But one issue arises and Hibs are at fault because these sales have been planned 'terribly'. You couldn't make this up.

Add to that the OP has not suggested that he has an issue but wants to have a rant on behalf of someone else. Why not leave those involved to deal with it themselves instead of coming on here with all this 'woe is me stuff'?

I have to say that I have never found the ticket office difficult to deal with .Have always found them very helpful

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 11:23 AM

I came on here looking for advice and help with the issue as my mate isn't much for forums and i have seen many users get appropriate advice on here too. If your mate needed a hand dealing with an issue would you tell him to sling his hook!!?

As pointed out in the original post, the phone service at Hibs' Ticket office can be quite poor... and I personally have suffered through it when needing to resolve an issue and others have agreed in the past with this PoV, so rather than just sit back and watch while the issue remains unresolved some of us think trying to help a fellow supporter out would be a positive thing to do.

If you take an objective stance here then you may see that the TO cannot maintain their daily service while also dealing with SC sales and ST renewals which I think is a bit of a let down and can be attributed to bad planning. Would you have it that those in need of some customer service should suffer right now due to everyone else getting on fine? Quite a selfish perspective if you ask me.

Not sure why you felt the need to comment as it in now way helps anyone out and looks like an unneeded attack or just a way for you to vent as well!

Everyone else has at least made an effort to give advice to help a fellow Hibee in his effort to contribute to the club using the correct avenues.... If you can't help then don't bother commenting!

I have to say that I have never found the ticket office difficult to deal with .Have always found them very helpful

As I have I..... when I can get a hold of them.

07-04-2017, 11:37 AM
I came on here looking for advice and help with the issue as my mate isn't much for forums and i have seen many users get appropriate advice on here too. If your mate needed a hand dealing with an issue would you tell him to sling his hook!!?

As pointed out in the original post, the phone service at Hibs' Ticket office can be quite poor... and I personally have suffered through it when needing to resolve an issue and others have agreed in the past with this PoV, so rather than just sit back and watch while the issue remains unresolved some of us think trying to help a fellow supporter out would be a positive thing to do.

If you take an objective stance here then you may see that the TO cannot maintain their daily service while also dealing with SC sales and ST renewals which I think is a bit of a let down and can be attributed to bad planning. Would you have it that those in need of some customer service should suffer right now due to everyone else getting on fine? Quite a selfish perspective if you ask me.

Not sure why you felt the need to comment as it in now way helps anyone out and looks like an unneeded attack or just a way for you to vent as well!

Everyone else has at least made an effort to give advice to help a fellow Hibee in his effort to contribute to the club using the correct avenues.... If you can't help then don't bother commenting!

As I have I..... when I can get a hold of them.

Well said.

IFONLY
07-04-2017, 11:43 AM

I thought the public sale was on Tuesday 11th April!!!!

07-04-2017, 11:56 AM
I thought the public sale was on Tuesday 11th April!!!!

7th for online and phone,11th if you want to buy from TO.

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Add to the mix the Greenock Morton game this weekend and its a perfect storm....

Obviously the TO cannot predict the importance of this weekend's match falling on the same day as the other two events but, where is the contingency planning... Can you imagine if we had a bigger support or stadium. :)

07-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Add to the mix the Greenock Morton game this weekend and its a perfect storm....

Obviously the TO cannot predict the importance of this weekend's match falling on the same day as the other two events but, where is the contingency planning... Can you imagine if we had a bigger support or stadium. :)

Bigger support, bigger stadium might just mean bigger ticket office. :greengrin

If Hibs were overly concerned they would have changed dates.

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Bigger support, bigger stadium might just mean bigger ticket office. :greengrin

If Hibs were overly concerned they would have changed dates.

Agreed, but it would be nice for each individual to feel they can get help when needed.

Obviously in this case I am detailing just 1 out of many many fans... and no one is asking for preferential treatment, only that at least once in almost a week that someone answer the bloody phones!!

Mine haven't arrived either. When is there not a disaster when the ticket office are involved....

This from the Greenock Morton ticket thread.............

07-04-2017, 03:46 PM
If anyone's tried phoning today either directly or through the expensive number you'll realise that they've unplugged the lines:

Only option is standing in the queue.

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 03:59 PM
If anyone's tried phoning today either directly or through the expensive number you'll realise that they've unplugged the lines:

Only option is standing in the queue.

Pretty poor show if this is true.

With opening times of 10am til 5pm its almost impossible for your average 9-5er to get down to the TO, not every hibs fan lives 5 or works close enough to do this.

I would hope that in this case an exception is made (and the payment plan and early bird price offered) as every effort has been made to rectify the mistake by Hibs in the past couple of weeks, Im even ranting about it on here on his behalf!!

inglisavhibs
07-04-2017, 04:03 PM

With opening times of 10am til 5pm its almost impossible for your average 9-5er to get down to the TO, not every hibs fan lives 5 or works close enough to do this.

I would hope that in this case an exception is made (and the payment plan and early bird price offered) as every effort has been made to rectify the mistake by Hibs in the past couple of weeks, Im even ranting about it on here on his behalf!!

Hibs should extend the season ticket early bird scheme till Monday, that would help everybody.

hibee-boys
07-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Haven't they extended the early bird offer in previous years, if there's been issues with people contacting the ticket office then I'd anticipate them doing it again.

07-04-2017, 04:11 PM

Reordered my STs and got nothing from zebra. Tried phoning the TO since lunchtime rings out. Phone the ticket master line and after the spiel you get told to try again later.

andy1875
07-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Just been down and bought my ST for next season. The interest payment plan is a great idea and at £32 a month, lessens the hit of losing £360 in one go. Much more managable so good on Hibs.

Steady queue of folk buying STs and tickets for semi/game tomorrow.

Big Frank out chatting and answering any questions anyone had. Good on him too.

07-04-2017, 04:20 PM
I know it's been said before but for a club of our size, the size of the ticket office is a joke.

07-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Just been down and bought my ST for next season. The interest payment plan is a great idea and at £32 a month, lessens the hit of losing £360 in one go. Much more managable so good on Hibs.

Did anyone ask why the phones are unmanned? :greengrin

07-04-2017, 04:40 PM
I know it's been said before but for a club of our size, the size of the ticket office is a joke.

By who? ........ Under normal circumstances I would imagine the ticket office is perfectly adequately staffed, I wouldn't imagine they are going to employ more staff than they need just to accommodate the few times where demand for tickets is out of the ordinary.

Folk have had weeks to take advantage of the early bird offer, why wait until the very last few days to take it up and then act surprised when selling tickets for a game everybody has known about since we beat Ayr Utd a month ago limits the ability of the ticket office staff to respond to problems and enquiries?

There are clearly advantages for folk like me who don't trust the post or all that on line stuff and make the effort to visit the ticket office in person .... even if it is a 70 odd mile round trip :greengrin ..... having said that, I'm not unappreciative of the fact that a lot of folk cant get to the TO because of work commitments.

07-04-2017, 04:49 PM
By who? ........ Under normal circumstances I would imagine the ticket office is perfectly adequately staffed, I wouldn't imagine they are going to employ more staff than they need just to accommodate the few times where demand for tickets is out of the ordinary.

Folk have had weeks to take advantage of the early bird offer, why wait until the very last few days to take it up and then act surprised when selling tickets for a game everybody has known about since we beat Ayr Utd a month ago limits the ability of the ticket office staff to respond to problems and enquiries?

There are clearly advantages for folk like me who don't trust the post or all that on line stuff and make the effort to visit the ticket office in person .... even if it is a 70 odd mile round trip :greengrin ..... having said that, I'm not unappreciative of the fact that a lot of folk cant get to the TO because of work commitments.

I knew about the deadline(s) but am changing my arrangements and buying more which required some persuasion and a decision from the wife. Zebra thing didn't trigger to me (same last season) and now I can't contact anyone because they scheduled the semi final tickets to be on the same day.

I agree we knew the deadlines, however so did they and in fact they picked them.

07-04-2017, 05:04 PM

Im meaning the actual size of the ticket office, not the amount of staff.

traceyhibs
07-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Hi all, just seen this. Will take a look at all the comments and get back to anyone who has been having issues with tickets.

Will get back to you shortly.

Thanks [emoji4]

07-04-2017, 05:14 PM

While i understand your friends frustration at not being able to get through to the ticket office at this busy time of the season. why has he not gone to the office after the games that we have had at Easter Road recently?

Being a season ticket holder i would expect he would have attended these home games and had access to the ticket office staff either before or after the game?

or is it not possible that a friend or family member living in Edinburgh could help him out?

If something like this had happened to me id have been just as frustrated but i wouldnt have left it to go on so late with so many other important games around the same cut off date.

Im sure he will get it sorted soon and get the payment scheme at the correct price.

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 05:42 PM
While i understand your friends frustration at not being able to get through to the ticket office at this busy time of the season. why has he not gone to the office after the games that we have had at Easter Road recently?

Being a season ticket holder i would expect he would have attended these home games and had access to the ticket office staff either before or after the game?

or is it not possible that a friend or family member living in Edinburgh could help him out?

If something like this had happened to me id have been just as frustrated but i wouldnt have left it to go on so late with so many other important games around the same cut off date.

Im sure he will get it sorted soon and get the payment scheme at the correct price.

I'm the first to point that out to him, but he did speak with them last week and was assured the error would be corrected by this week... when he tried to renew online on Monday he discovered the error hadn't been corrected... since then he has been unable to reach anyone and cannot attend in person due to work. I would have helped out in person but I work in Glasgow so leave Edinburgh at 7am and don't get back til around 7pm most days.... hoping they will extend and he can get it sorted asap.

At the end of the day it's not the early bird pricing that matters, it's only a £20 saving for our seats in the East... it's the payment plan that he needs.

Right now he cannot renew whatsoever as the DoB they have for him makes his ST for next year a SENIOR.... not his usual ADULT ticket.

07-04-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm the first to point that out to him, but he did speak with them last week and was assured the error would be corrected by this week... when he tried to renew online on Monday he discovered the error hadn't been corrected... since then he has been unable to reach anyone and cannot attend in person due to work. I would have helped out in person but I work in Glasgow so leave Edinburgh at 7am and don't get back til around 7pm most days.... hoping they will extend and he can get it sorted asap.

At the end of the day it's not the early bird pricing that matters, it's only a £20 saving for our seats in the East... it's the payment plan that he needs.

Right now he cannot renew whatsoever as the DoB they have for him makes his ST for next year a SENIOR.... not his usual ADULT ticket.

It looks then that he did have that opportunity to sort it out when attending the games and didnt use it?

The only thing i can suggest is he emails the TO manageress Nicola at nlaing@hibernianfc.co.uk who i have always found to be very helpful.

07-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Im meaning the actual size of the ticket office, not the amount of staff.

Not much Hibs can do about that mate ...... perhaps when we fill in the FF / East corner there will be a big new ticket office on the ground floor ..... they can have a massive counter that faces the concourse of the East so that fans don't have to queue in the rain ... or at least make a dash from the end of the west to the TO windows like we do at the moment.

Anyway ... when I was in the ticket office on Tuesday big Frank Dougan was sitting in there and the staff were still able to move freely around him ..... it cannae be that wee :greengrin

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 06:37 PM
It looks then that he did have that opportunity to sort it out when attending the games and didnt use it?

The only thing i can suggest is he emails the TO manageress Nicola at nlaing@hibernianfc.co.uk who i have always found to be very helpful.

When I say I'm the first to point it out I mean that if he has decided to renew earlier this would have been resolved before now.

There hasn't been a game since Monday!!?

He spoke to them last week when they assured him it would be rectified in a matter of days, at his next attempt (Monday) he saw it hadn't been fixed.

Tried calling them everyday since.... you point out when he could have visited in that time between Monday and today?

Not sure where all the negativity about this comes from...

At the end of the day he chose to wait until last week to renew, for his own reasons, and upon trying to support the club he has encountered a problem.... one that is no fault of his.... is it so much to expect some support to resolve it!!!?

BlackSheep
07-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Just to update you all on the situation.... my friend received an email response this evening apologising for the situation from the TO manager and they will assist with resolving the issue asap.

Fingers crossed this gets him over the line and hopefully others suffering under the increased load put on he TO are also getting assistance.

07-04-2017, 09:15 PM
When I say I'm the first to point it out I mean that if he has decided to renew earlier this would have been resolved before now.

There hasn't been a game since Monday!!?

He spoke to them last week when they assured him it would be rectified in a matter of days, at his next attempt (Monday) he saw it hadn't been fixed.

Tried calling them everyday since.... you point out when he could have visited in that time between Monday and today?

Not sure where all the negativity about this comes from...

At the end of the day he chose to wait until last week to renew, for his own reasons, and upon trying to support the club he has encountered a problem.... one that is no fault of his.... is it so much to expect some support to resolve it!!!?

Im glad your friend got it sorted with the ticker office and im sure Nicola will get him sorted out.

There was no negativity meant in my posts. i just thought that since renewal has been ongoing since March he may have had a chance at the last couple of games to do something about his problem personally at the ticket office.

It would be interesting to know if the email from the ticket office came after the usual 10 - 5pm working hours?

Just to reassure other supporters that the staff are still working hard to solve problems and get your tickets printed and posted out to them.

BlackSheep
08-04-2017, 04:35 AM
Im glad your friend got it sorted with the ticker office and im sure Nicola will get him sorted out.

There was no negativity meant in my posts. i just thought that since renewal has been ongoing since March he may have had a chance at the last couple of games to do something about his problem personally at the ticket office.

It would be interesting to know if the email from the ticket office came after the usual 10 - 5pm working hours?

Just to reassure other supporters that the staff are still working hard to solve problems and get your tickets printed and posted out to them.

18.47 is the time on the email.... which is great service. I don't deny that the staff at the TO do their best, it's just how difficult it can be getting hold of them outside a face to face visit!

Mantis Toboggan
08-04-2017, 04:38 AM
18.47 is the time on the email.... which is great service. I don't deny that the staff at the TO do their best, it's just how difficult it can be getting hold of them outside a face to face visit!

Email always a better bet than phone mate. Takes a day but they will respond. I think they do a good job overall.

BlackSheep
08-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Email always a better bet than phone mate. Takes a day but they will respond. I think they do a good job overall.

I would agree in most cases but it took them 5 to finally answer.

Alls well that ends well, think they are sorting it all out for him on Monday

08-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Spoke to him when I was in the Q to renew our ST's and he said we have sold over 15,000 for the semi with 2 weeks to go.

08-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Thats great its going to be ok. Thanks for coming back with the time. Just shows how hard they work to sort things out for us. Its not an easy job working there. Anyway its sorted!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

08-04-2017, 06:49 PM
For what it's worth, my thoughts on the TO is that they do a great job.

Unfortunately, in the world we live in (no offence to the OP) we tend to only hear all the negative stories and rarely the positives. It would be boring if we all rushed onto Hibs.net to say what a great job the TO, Petrie, the Fans Reps, the BTG set-up etc etc did.

Like others have said, I find email always the best. They always reply to me, but don't expect an immediate response.

I sometimes find the face-to-face experience not always great, but then they are young, they are probably new to the job and they probably don't always understand what I'm saying, so I'm prepared to give them some slack. Ooops, was that a negative!!

09-04-2017, 08:42 PM
Did we not extend the date for payment plan application for this season? Sure we did

09-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Aye leave it to the last weekendminute to buy a 'reduced price' season ticket but first in line to buy a semi-final ticket (if you did not have a season ticket previously). Then whine that its all the fault of the ticket office.

You will be able to buy a season ticket until August and buy a semi-final ticket for the best part of two weeks.

I have had issues with the ticket office before but this years everything has gone really well.

09-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Aye leave it to the last weekendminute to buy a 'reduced price' season ticket but first in line to buy a semi-final ticket (if you did not have a season ticket previously). Then whine that its all the fault of the ticket office.

You will be able to buy a season ticket until August and buy a semi-final ticket for the best part of two weeks.

I have had issues with the ticket office before but this years everything has gone really well.

The deadlines shouldn't have clashed it's poor planning. Especially when the renewal system doesn't always work for the finance plan.

Maybe the TO didn't set the dates but whoever did didn't think it through.

10-04-2017, 06:10 AM
The deadlines shouldn't have clashed it's poor planning. Especially when the renewal system doesn't always work for the finance plan.

Maybe the TO didn't set the dates but whoever did didn't think it through.

The sale of Season tickets would have been planned well in advanced,possibly by a year. The dates have to fit in with the 11 month instalment period with Zebra finance. The addition of selling cup final tickets would have been a challenge and there appear to have only been a handful of problems which will/have been sorted. Our ticket office should be able to deal with the amount of transactions they have had over the last 4 weeks quite comfortably and it would appear that that was the case. I really don't think the club could have done it any better.