PDA

View Full Version : The peasants are revolting.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2017, 04:59 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154735496437800&set=gm.1461639337181770&type=3&theater

AltheHibby
06-04-2017, 05:08 PM
It says I don't have permission to view.

banarc7062
06-04-2017, 05:20 PM

Same here.:confused:

Franck Stanton
06-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Me too also :confused:

Jack Hackett
06-04-2017, 05:36 PM

Same here.:confused:

Me too also :confused:

Me too also plus :confused:

Petrie! (and BlackpoolHibs) Get it sorted!

....I have a need to see revolting peasants

Hibbyradge
06-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Bam.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2017, 07:01 PM

Jack Hackett
06-04-2017, 07:13 PM

:thumbsup:

That is indeed, revolting.

They all deserve each other :greengrin

H18 SFR
06-04-2017, 07:14 PM
I honestly can't believe the level that their collective duping has reached.

NthCarolinaHibs
06-04-2017, 07:23 PM
It's taken them all this time to figure her out...Amazing..

tamig

Well that's one that's taken his head out the sand. Has he had many supportive replies?

snooky
Ms Vlad? :hmmm:

GreenLake
06-04-2017, 07:31 PM
This can't possibly be true or they are the stupidest mother******s in the history of piggeries.

Eyrie
06-04-2017, 07:34 PM
This can't possibly be true or they are the stupidest mother******s in the history of piggeries.

So it is true then.

Joe6-2
06-04-2017, 07:44 PM
They have always been revolting!!

Bristolhibby
06-04-2017, 08:09 PM
But, but, it's the new model for Scottish football.

J

Juice-Terry
06-04-2017, 08:28 PM
They have always been revolting!!

Beat me to it. :thumbsup:

Jones28
06-04-2017, 08:33 PM
There was no way budge wasn't going to make her money back, I don't know why the jambos are so surprised by this.

Pinch of salt taken though because poster is...eh...somewhat lacking in grammar and punctuation.

High standards on Hibs.net

SirDavidsNapper
06-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Shes a business woman. She's not thick. End of the day Hearts have to pay their way they just aren't used to doing so. It'll be tight for them (probably more so) as it will be others. Their fans better get used to reality as they have years and years of it ahead. Makes me happy we got our house in order years ago.

greenlex
06-04-2017, 09:49 PM
No financial institution would touch them. It's the Budge way or no way.

CraigHibee
06-04-2017, 09:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154735496437800&set=gm.1461639337181770&type=3&theater

they have been revolting for a long time :greengrin

PatHead
06-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Wonder how much the season tickets will cost in the new asbestos stand. Might give the fans another excuse not to renew.

Is It On....
06-04-2017, 10:36 PM

Pleasing...

Is It On....
06-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Shes a business woman. She's not thick. End of the day Hearts have to pay their way they just aren't used to doing so. It'll be tight for them (probably more so) as it will be others. Their fans better get used to reality as they have years and years of it ahead. Makes me happy we got our house in order years ago.

Pay their way 😂

jacomo
06-04-2017, 11:00 PM
There was no way budge wasn't going to make her money back, I don't know why the jambos are so surprised by this.

Especially as this was spelt out in black and white when the whole Bidco thingy was announced.

I guess the promo video had 5-1 an that so they were distracted.

Waxy
06-04-2017, 11:20 PM
Think the fans are now looking for excuses to get out now that the songbooks gone and theyre mince at football. Unless you take away the goalposts

FilipinoHibs
07-04-2017, 05:53 AM
Uk government borrowing for 5 years at 0.56% per year so Budge well and trully screwing them.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-04-2017, 06:43 AM

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Bostonhibby
07-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Jeez, if I was them I'd get rid of this budge woman and her 6 percenters and go back to the good old days where they just owed it to themselves. Life was so much simpler then.

banarc7062
07-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Ms Vlad? :hmmm:

Think he was her uncle and she is carrying on the family tradition of rip the hell out of any business. Keep it up Mrs. :greengrin

AndyM_1875
07-04-2017, 08:09 AM
I don't see what they're getting bent out of shape about. AB is a business woman and a very good one, she's not a charity.
She will get her money back and she will get paid for it. She also said that Hearts would have to be run to budget which means cutting your cloth accordingly,
same as every other club now in the post 2012 landscape.
What were these idiots expecting? This was all up front and clear as crystal when she pulled them out of the gutter.

The only thing that is different is that AB has gone cold on the "full fan ownership" model. Looking at the state of these halfwits it's no wonder.

CropleyWasGod
07-04-2017, 08:38 AM
I don't see what they're getting bent out of shape about. AB is a business woman and a very good one, she's not a charity.
She will get her money back and she will get paid for it. She also said that Hearts would have to be run to budget which means cutting your cloth accordingly,
What were these idiots expecting? This was all up front and clear as crystal when she pulled them out of the gutter.

The only thing that is different is that AB has gone cold on the "full fan ownership" model. Looking at the state of these halfwits it's no wonder.

... compare their situation with ours.

STF isn't charging us a penny. I reckon THAT'S a big part of the frustration.:greengrin

greenginger
07-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Mrs Budge's Yam Holding Company, Bidco 1874 ltd, now a full week late with their annual accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC466630

With Johnston Carmichael as auditors and DLA Piper for legal advice, I can't see this just being an oversight. The accounts should just be a cut and paste of the Club accounts published months ago with a few additions for head office charges and expenses.

I wonder if there is anything in the accounts that will make the peasants even more revolting ?

JDHibs
07-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Budge is a business woman, did he fans really think she wasnt going to try, not only to make her money back that shes invested, but return a profit?

I mean come on, shes a fan yes, but she needs to look after he own interests aswell.

Think shes doing a bang up job and should give Levein and Cathro 10 year contracts....

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-04-2017, 09:18 AM
If it is any consolation to our jambo chums, i know some guys who just did work on her house.

Apparently its amazing, and the work done is making very good use of those interest payments.

Queen Anne and the House that Hearts Built.

Sounds like a bad gilbert & Sullivan play

lord bunberry
07-04-2017, 09:29 AM
What's the 12m figure the guy talks about in his rant?

greenginger
07-04-2017, 09:36 AM
What's the 12m figure the guy talks about in his rant?

I think that was the total budget for the new stand at the start.

But seeing as our Council seem to have given them the land to build on for nowt , they will be able to make some savings.

https://www.saa.gov.uk/search/?SEARCHED=1&SEARCH_TABLE=valuation_roll&SEARCH_TERM=mcleod+street+edinburgh#results

lord bunberry
07-04-2017, 09:37 AM
I think that was the total budget for the new stand at the start.

But seeing as our Council seem to have given them the land to build on for nowt , they will be able to make some savings.

https://www.saa.gov.uk/search/?SEARCHED=1&SEARCH_TABLE=valuation_roll&SEARCH_TERM=mcleod+street+edinburgh#results
Surely 1 stand with no hospitality in it isn't going to cost anything near 12m.

edit
Looking at that link, does that mean the council has just given them the land for free?

IWasThere2016
07-04-2017, 09:44 AM

:thumbsup:

Mrs Budge's Yam Holding Company, Bidco 1874 ltd, now a full week late with their annual accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC466630

With Johnston Carmichael as auditors and DLA Piper for legal advice, I can't see this just being an oversight. The accounts should just be a cut and paste of the Club accounts published months ago with a few additions for head office charges and expenses.

I wonder if there is anything in the accounts that will make the peasants even more revolting ?

:cb

Onceinawhile
07-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Surely 1 stand with no hospitality in it isn't going to cost anything near 12m.

edit
Looking at that link, does that mean the council has just given them the land for free?

It will have hospitality though.

Jack Hackett
07-04-2017, 09:52 AM

...just not facing in the right direction :greengrin

Kato
07-04-2017, 09:55 AM
...just not facing in the right direction :greengrin

No, you're wrong. It will face in exactly the right direction.

lord bunberry
07-04-2017, 09:55 AM
I thought I read that it wasn't going to have any hospitality at first as the money wasn't available to pay for it. It was to be added in the future.

Jack Hackett
07-04-2017, 10:04 AM
No, you're wrong. It will face in exactly the right direction.

:greengrin

Kato
07-04-2017, 10:22 AM
I thought I read that it wasn't going to have any hospitality at first as the money wasn't available to pay for it. It was to be added in the future.

Even once its added in it won't be very hospitable. Hearts the club who put the "spit" in hospitality.

hibees 7062
07-04-2017, 11:00 AM

When were the mutants ever in shape ?

lucky
07-04-2017, 11:25 AM
The Budge deal for them was the best deal for them as it was the only show in town. Without her they were gone. She put the cash upfront and has delayed taking her cash out whilst running the club free of charge. The yams are now realising that everything has a price and you've got to pay eventually. They have not been duped as it was clear it was an investment with 6% interest per year as the return. Those who have invested in the new stand will also get a return. The yam fan who is putting money in will one day be part of a collective that owns the club

Peevemor
07-04-2017, 11:36 AM
£12m would have been the total budget for the project including fitting out the hospitality suites etc.

Under (building) contract law, you can't sign a contract without having the funding in place to pay for the project to completion. This is why the current contract will cover the bums on seats part, ie. enough to get the stand open to the public but without all the internal fitting out, which will be let under separate contracts as funding becomes available.

Bostonhibby
07-04-2017, 11:40 AM
The Budge deal for them was the best deal for them as it was the only show in town. Without her they were gone. She put the cash upfront and has delayed taking her cash out whilst running the club free of charge. The yams are now realising that everything has a price and you've got to pay eventually. They have not been duped as it was clear it was an investment with 6% interest per year as the return. Those who have invested in the new stand will also get a return. The yam fan who is putting money in will one day be part of a collective that owns the club

This is spot on, the Budge deal was totally transparent, as the amendments to it have been. The average "simple" hearts fan (to quote their last messiah) should have been able to recognise that but in the rush to see their bacon saved they saw it as something beyond the hard nosed deal it was. 12 times (ish) the commercial rate of interest and she holds all the cards / assets. I'd be proud to have that deal against the sum lent.

Their problem is they have been up their own erse at other peoples expense for so long they've never really had to consider paying everything they have to. Now they do and I suspect Mrs Budge and her investors will extract whats theirs, and do pretty much what they want as they find ever more ways to divert FOH savings to fund other priorities. They might get to own something under the banner of "shares" at some point but I doubt it will be what they thought they were signing up for and the date will keep moving into the future.

Meantime, a fan owned club, just the one fan. There's the real story.

Waxy
07-04-2017, 11:46 AM
They think Budge is trying to move the goalposts?

Sean1875
07-04-2017, 11:48 AM
How much did our new East cost?

£3M is ringing a bell but that could have been the cost of East Mains that i'm getting confused with..

DarlingtonHibee
07-04-2017, 11:52 AM
How much did our new East cost?

£3M is ringing a bell but that could have been the cost of East Mains that i'm getting confused with..

Think that is correct for the East, Rod played hardball with them.

FilipinoHibs
07-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Think that is correct for the East, Rod played hardball with them.

Think was around £6 mill

DarlingtonHibee
07-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Don't think it was anywhere 6 million. I think the contractor was looking for work, hence the price Rod hot. If my memory is right it was Hall Construction?

AndyM_1875
07-04-2017, 01:08 PM

I used to work for Ann and Newell and Budge and I respect her. She put everything into that company and when she sold her interest in it she could have retired happily with her cash.
She had no real interest in Hearts beyond going along to matches with her daughter who is a fan and her brother is a Hibs supporter.

As you say she was the only show in town when the Administrators were finishing up and at no point was she ever going to sink her hard earned fortune into transfer budgets or additional working capital for a football club that has only ever learned to fritter money away for the last 5 decades. Hearts now have to run to budget.

These idiots are lucky they have a club to support at all.

Kato
07-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Hearts now have to run to budget.

The Revolting are now peasants.

Roxyhibee
07-04-2017, 01:27 PM
I used to work for Ann and Newell and Budge and I respect her. She put everything into that company and when she sold her interest in it she could have retired happily with her cash.
She had no real interest in Hearts beyond going along to matches with her daughter who is a fan and her brother is a Hibs supporter.

As you say she was the only show in town when the Administrators were finishing up and at no point was she ever going to sink her hard earned fortune into transfer budgets or additional working capital for a football club that has only ever learned to fritter money away for the last 5 decades. Hearts now have to run to budget.

Good post. This is interesting..

1875STEVE
07-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Think was around £6 mill

£3.2m iirc

East Mains was £5m

Ozyhibby
07-04-2017, 01:58 PM

100% correct. Yes she is taking out 6% but I doubt any club in Scotland could borrow money cheaper than that just now apart from Celtic. And there is not a hope in hell that Hearts would have been able to borrow money from anywhere at anything less than 25% given their history. Fact is they have a great deal but they can't face paying even that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deansy
07-04-2017, 02:00 PM
'so this FAN-OWNED CLUB ............'

And that one fan is Anne Budge who, very kindly in my opinion, permits the 'Muppets in Maroon' to pay her ££££££££££'s for the privilege of supporting HER team - what's the problem ?

In all seriousness, I see a new campaign by their fans. The 'Phew' factor of their club being saved (by AB) has now gone and for the first time in over 3 decades, they're starting to see to see the levels and standards of a real Hearts team - a team NOT artificially inflated with 'Other people's money' and they don't like it !. The collective Jambo 'mentality' (what little of it there is) views 'Playing within your means' as some form of punishment and they've decided that 3 years of PWYM is more than enough punishment for their 30+ years of cheating. Next stage will be calls/meetings/banners etc for Anne Budge to step-down after a certain amount of money's been paid to her/cut the amount she's due/donate the club to the supporters etc, etc - all backed by the likes of the EEN as Anne Budge (maybe) only buys one copy a day !. Make no mistake, they've had enough of the conditions that every other club has to operate under - they want a crook back in charge, cheating's in their DNA !. Without cheating, they can't be 'Famous', they can't be a 'Big team' - without cheating the best team will win derbies and THAT they just cannot stomach !

Franck Stanton
07-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Think we, as Hibby's are all missing the point here. Those deluded windae licking in-breds are happy as larry. After all 5-1 happened and as they say, will live with them forever and NOTHING else matters. So what if they are in debt, so what if they are and will fortever be crap, so what if they never win another cup/league/derby. They will dine out on 5-1 FOREVER. ----Aye right ya roasters, all your overspending for years has come back to bite you in the bum BIG TIME. Ye cannae even claim not to have known about it, ye were well warned but chose to ignore all the warnings, hell mend ye.

Waxy
07-04-2017, 02:49 PM
Think we, as Hibby's are all missing the point here. Those deluded windae licking in-breds are happy as larry. After all 5-1 happened and as they say, will live with them forever and NOTHING else matters. So what if they are in debt, so what if they are and will fortever be crap, so what if they never win another cup/league/derby. They will dine out on 5-1 FOREVER. ----Aye right ya roasters, all your overspending for years has come back to bite you in the bum BIG TIME. Ye cannae even claim not to have known about it, ye were well warned but chose to ignore all the warnings, hell mend ye.

We've knocked them out the same competition three times since. An incredible strike rate.

Keith_M
07-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Think was around £6 mill

I think the West Stand cost about 6-7M but the East cost roughly 3.5M.

Combined with the drop in the price of steel, the fact that building firms were desperate for any kind of work at the time worked in Hibs favour

Peevemor
07-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Budge has deferred loan repayments to her for 2 years as well as waiving the interest for the same period. This allows them to set aside up to £3m to spend on the stand and represents a £300k 'donation' from Budge. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/10276547/hearts-owner-ann-budge-vows-to-pay-300000-of-her-own-money-towards-the-new-stand

greenginger
07-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Budge has deferred loan repayments to her for 2 years as well as waiving the interest for the same period. This allows them to set aside up to £3m to spend on the stand and represents a £300k 'donation' from Budge. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/10276547/hearts-owner-ann-budge-vows-to-pay-300000-of-her-own-money-towards-the-new-stand

" ..... and £ 2.5 million coming from unnamed benefactors ",

Let me think, Edinburgh Council, Heriot Watt, Scottish Sports Council, There's a few names for starters. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
07-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Let me think, Edinburgh Council, Heriot Watt, Scottish Sports Council, There's a few names for starters. :greengrin

Are you allowed to just have unnamed sources of cash in your accounts?

CropleyWasGod
07-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Are you allowed to just have unnamed sources of cash in your accounts?

They won't be unnamed in their bank account. Just undisclosed publicly.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
07-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Think was around £6 mill

Pretty sure the East was £3m. We were given a take it or leave it offer from the building company. We had planned to replace the East but I don't think they were immediate. The offer sped that up.

Bostonhibby
07-04-2017, 05:27 PM

Caspian primroses dad?

Jack Hackett
07-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Caspian primroses dad?

:faf:

That name cracks me up every time I see it

Bostonhibby
07-04-2017, 07:13 PM
:faf:

That name cracks me up every time I see it
You can get a strip if you want to be in a permanent state of mirth. I'd wait until their post season sale though.

Springbank
07-04-2017, 07:16 PM
We've knocked them out the same competition three times since. An incredible strike rate.

And twice we were drawn away, to let the Archibald Leitch stand hear Sunshine on Leith blare out from the away dressing room, the 1-2-3-4 Hibs song be sung for 25 minutes solid, and my second favourite comeback of all time (the only better one being 21 May 2016)

Two nil up
They fxxxed it up
The Hibs went on
To win the cup

stoneyburn hibs
07-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Hopefully this is the start of karma kicking in for the cheating bar stewards.

HibbyKeith
07-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Pretty sure the East was £3m. We were given a take it or leave it offer from the building company. We had planned to replace the East but I don't think they were immediate. The offer sped that up.

I was always under the impression that we had to build the east when we did as our original planning permission was about to expire, and I don't think hibs fancied trying to gain planning permission again with the potential of it being rejected by residents in the then new estate behind the stand. These properties were not there when the initial planning permission was granted.

can anyone confirm? :confused:

Kato
07-04-2017, 08:07 PM
I was always under the impression that we had to build the east when we did as our original planning permission was about to expire, and I don't think hibs fancied trying to gain planning permission again with the potential of it being rejected by residents in the then new estate behind the stand. These properties were not there when the initial planning permission was granted.

can anyone confirm? :confused:

That's how it was. I think we started building around 3 months before the PP expired. Even if no-one had complained EC would have found a way to reject any extension or renewal.

greenlex
07-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Was it not the case we had to start it before the deadline and did some basic work to get it started. We then cashed in during the building downturn and got it built without breaking the bank.

greenginger
07-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Was it not the case we had to start it before the deadline and did some basic work to get it started. We then cashed in during the building downturn and got it built without breaking the bank.

That's right, a start on the building work is all that is required to secure any planning permission.

It's termed take up of planning permission.

Always best confirmed in writing with our Council.

vuefrom1875
07-04-2017, 11:35 PM

Ms budge..... Her brother a season ticket holder, and his family..... Sit in West stand 😀😀😀

vuefrom1875
07-04-2017, 11:45 PM

Heriot Watt
Hush money

FilipinoHibs
07-04-2017, 11:57 PM
£3.2m iirc

East Mains was £5m

Yes you are right £3.25. Great value.

https://stv.tv/amp/265696-spl-financial-health-check-hibernian/

08-04-2017, 01:32 AM

You're bang on AndyM. Hearts were lucky when they landed Budge. They might be questioning her Fergus McCann business tactics where she's charging high interest for her investment but the Yams need to remember she was the only show in town. If not for her they were up the proverbial without a paddle.

Stands cost money - for once they have an owner who'll ensure they pay for it...............at rates above what the banks will charge.

08-04-2017, 02:08 AM
Don't think it was anywhere 6 million. I think the contractor was looking for work, hence the price Rod hot. If my memory is right it was Hall Construction?

Done some business with the firm of Cost Consultants who looked after East Mains then the East Stand. From what I was told East Stand was well south of £3.5m completed. Some price when you consider its circa 6,000 seats. Also the impression given was that Rod was not the driver on the project. Club Secretary apparently led things and the job was timed to hit to hit the lowest point for steel and construction costs during the recession. They described it as a once in a lifetime price that could not be repeated. If Hearts costs for their new stand are going through the roof as some have suggested maybe they should have though more about investment years ago rather than over paying players, defaulting on inland revenue and sucking the funds out of overseas pension schemes.

jacomo
08-04-2017, 03:55 AM

But they are still £3m short, aren't they? I can't recall an announcement of a debenture scheme or anything else to close that gap.

Mantis Toboggan
08-04-2017, 04:36 AM
Done some business with the firm of Cost Consultants who looked after East Mains then the East Stand. From what I was told East Stand was well south of £3.5m completed. Some price when you consider its circa 6,000 seats. Also the impression given was that Rod was not the driver on the project. Club Secretary apparently led things and the job was timed to hit to hit the lowest point for steel and construction costs during the recession. They described it as a once in a lifetime price that could not be repeated. If Hearts costs for their new stand are going through the roof as some have suggested maybe they should have though more about investment years ago rather than over paying players, defaulting on inland revenue and sucking the funds out of overseas pension schemes.

Spot on. Yes Hibs moved at a great time to build the East. Hearts were too busy laundering money to the benefit of mediocre mercenaries at that time.

Marco G
08-04-2017, 07:23 AM
So FOH just need to dig a bit deeper, to pay for that as well as towards running costs, (plus all these numpties they signed on long deals), original loan from Budge, plus shortfall when ST sales plummet? Sounds easy enough?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Aldo
08-04-2017, 07:34 AM
If I'm honest it's all very pleasing and all their years of financial doping/cheating is finally coming back to bite them square in the ass!

So for me long may this continue and will look forward to the infighting to start and ramp up pretty quick once this new stand runs into trouble and the playing staff continues to suffer!

SouthMoroccoStu
08-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Ms budge..... Her brother a season ticket holder, and his family..... Sit in West stand 😀😀😀

Her ex husband is a Hibee

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned....

Jack
08-04-2017, 08:39 AM
If I recall correctly the planning permission for our stand wasn't that much of an issue. Had it expired and the resubmitted plans had the same footprint those in the new houses would have had no grounds for objections so it would have gone through on the nod. At least that's what one of our directors told me at the time.

The main reason it went ahead at the time were the costs of materials and labour which others have covered.