PDA

View Full Version : Lennon in the media

Posh Hibby
06-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Been unsure how I feel about Lennon being out manager at times, but he's grown on me massively, and I love comments like this from him!

"People say these things even themselves out, so hopefully we'll be playing against 10 men for the next three games."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39516634

DarlingtonHibee
06-04-2017, 02:43 PM
It's a difficult balance. Look at someone like Rodgers who gets his point across mainly in a controlled manner. Love Lennys passion, but it upsets the beaks, as I say difficult balance.

Craig_HFC
06-04-2017, 02:46 PM
It's a difficult balance. Look at someone like Rodgers who gets his point across mainly in a controlled manner. Love Lennys passion, but it upsets the beaks, as I say difficult balance.

Rodgers is like David Brent; he comes out with some absolute pish disguised as wisdom.

DarlingtonHibee
06-04-2017, 02:49 PM
I hope Lenny gets a sensible hearing , but I have my doubts.

greenlex
06-04-2017, 02:54 PM
I hope Lenny gets a sensible hearing , but I have my doubts.

He's got previous so I suspect nothing less than a lengthy ban. In fact it will be longer than Duffy''s

tamig
06-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Rodgers is like David Brent; he comes out with some absolute pish disguised as wisdom.

Is that not the definition of a Cathroism?

Craig_HFC
06-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Is that not the definition of a Cathroism?

No because you can actually understand what Rodgers is trying to say.

:greengrin

Vini1875
06-04-2017, 08:15 PM
I agree with him (Lennon) No way do things even out. When was the last time an opposition player was sent off against us only for it later to be deemed a yellow. If the opposition get a red card it seems like it is entirely justified and often players stay on the park against us when they ought to be off.

Also all this Lenny has previous. Most mangers have some sort of bust up with players, refs or their oposite number. If people mean his spat with Fat Sally - who hasn't wanted to smack that fat hun in the face. Lenny does a fair bit of shouting and flinging his hands in the air, but no more than a lot of managers and mostly at our own players. I bet with less colourful language than Eddie Turnbull.

I for one am delighted he is in our corner.

ancient hibee
06-04-2017, 08:31 PM
I've yet to see any newspaper point out that in one game Hibs had to put up with a player being told he'd committed 5 fouls going on to have another2 without being carded,a goalie catching the ball outside his area without a foul and therefore a red card,a player being red carded for no offence(fortunately at the end of the game) and now the manager likely to get a lengthy sentence for offences all of which according to the SFA charge all took place in his own technical area.Oh and a decision to hold the hearing just before one of the most important games of the season.

If it was The OF the Glasgow press would be getting up a petition.

ACLeith
06-04-2017, 08:52 PM
I've yet to see any newspaper point out that in one game Hibs had to put up with a player being told he'd committed 5 fouls going on to have another2 without being carded,a goalie catching the ball outside his area without a foul and therefore a red card,a player being red carded for no offence(fortunately at the end of the game) and now the manager likely to get a lengthy sentence for offences all of which according to the SFA charge all took place in his own technical area.Oh and a decision to hold the hearing just before one of the most important games of the season.

If it was The OF the Glasgow press would be getting up a petition.
We could add retrospective red cards to opposition players, blatant handball pens denied in play offs, shots well over the line denied, goals disallowed for offiside when well onside.

Green tinted glasses? Paranoia? Agenda against us? Yes, no, yes!

Why an agenda? RP and Turnbull Hutton of Raith were the prime movers for sporting integrity that saw Sevco start at the bottom. TH sadly no longer with us so there is only one target left

Paranoid? Guilty as charged m'lud.

IGRIGI
06-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Lennon's attitude is exactly what we've needed for years, no holds barred taking to the weegie press, loving it:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-04-2017, 09:02 PM

Can't argue with his results though.

houstonhibbee
07-04-2017, 01:42 AM
slightly off topic but at THAT cup final after CT did all he did to us, 5-1 down, few minutes to go, hearts fans ribbing Fenlon. All Fenlon is doing is trying to deal with things as they evolve. I was watching him. Showing mild frustration if anything - nothing more. Then that arse of a referee decides that enough is not enough and for absolutely no reason sends Fenlon to the stands to rub it in.
Big man.

What a complete asshole - and he's supposed to be impartial. Saw the KB attack on Leigh right in front of me. Will never forgive or forget that performance - EVER