PDA

View Full Version : Pray For Cathro (The Ian Cathro Laffathon - Merged Threads)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 10:11 PM
I'd like to ask all Hibs fans to join me in a prayer that Cathro and his No.2 the boy with the mangina get to take Hearts into next season and beyond. Pleeeease don't sack him Budge!!!

🙏🏼🙏🏼

Eyrie
05-04-2017, 10:21 PM
He deserves time to envisualise a progressive status integrating philosophical schematics into the zeitgeist of futurism.

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 10:22 PM
He deserves time to envisualise a progressive status integrating philosophical schematics into the zeitgeist of futurism.

😂😂

Sir David Gray
05-04-2017, 10:25 PM

This. :tee hee:

Billy Whizz
05-04-2017, 10:26 PM
I'd like to ask all Hibs fans to join me in a prayer that Cathro and his No.2 the boy with the mangina get to take Hearts into next season and beyond. Pleeeease don't sack him Budge!!!

🙏🏼🙏🏼

I haven't heard his no 2 ever speak, maybe he's not upto Cathro's level of dealing with the press

Nicho87
05-04-2017, 10:26 PM
The real genuine football people at Tynie knows what's going on.

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 10:28 PM
I haven't heard his no 2 ever speak, maybe he's not upto Cathro's level of dealing with the press

Either have I. I imagine he speaks in a really high pitched voice though.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2017, 10:34 PM

If I was Levein or Budge or whoever it is that makes these decisions I would be sending McPhee out to do the media work every week.

He surely can't be anywhere near as bad as Cathro when it comes to public speaking, the guy's an embarrassment.

southern hibby
05-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Needs to stay until at least some comment about the bar and penalty spot not being there and they would match the opposition.

Does anyone know what the intellect will talk about next? Only asking so I can brush up my knowledge of said topic and maybe understand what he is communicating as I certainly don't have a clue at the moment.

GGTTH

SuperAllyMcleod
05-04-2017, 10:48 PM

Is that you Ian?

Galahibby
05-04-2017, 11:00 PM
It's got to the point where I'm s******ing before I even open these threads to read them. I love him! 😂

J-C
05-04-2017, 11:11 PM

Haha one of the best posts I've seen on here for a long time. :not worth:greengrin

J-C
05-04-2017, 11:12 PM
I wonder if his team would be any better if they took away the ball.

CathroMustStay
06-04-2017, 12:14 AM
ONE IAN CATHRO, THERE'S ONLY ONE IAN CATHRO!

:flag:

sambajustice
06-04-2017, 06:36 AM
Caffrow - Fitba folk ken whits gaun oan!

MrSmith
06-04-2017, 06:50 AM
I think his no2 is called Cortana? ��

i did hear though Siri knocked the post back due to.... (fill blank in here)

Pete
06-04-2017, 06:52 AM

Nobody knows. He only communicates by using a guitar.

Pete
06-04-2017, 06:55 AM
"There's a hell of a lot things conspiring to come against us just now."

Yes Ian, they are called other football teams.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Sacking him is wrong on all levels. The guy has had virtually no TV Work in this sort of role since Father Ted sadly died and he is only just getting back on his feet.

Kaff
06-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Nobody knows. He only communicates by using a guitar.

Think you'll find its a banjo, and I like their Deliverance so far.....

Deansy
06-04-2017, 07:41 AM

🙏🏼🙏🏼

What about an all-night vigil for him outside Edinburgh's 'Cathedral of Football' - ER - it'll get our message of love and support over to him ?

Stevie Reid
06-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Whilst Cathro's win percentage (26%) is not yet as dismal as Terry Butcher's was for us (21%), his loss ratio is actually even bigger (53% vs 52%).

Hopefully a few more beatings to come in the top 6.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Whilst Cathro's win percentage (26%) is not yet as dismal as Terry Butcher's was for us (21%), his loss ratio is actually even bigger (53% vs 52%).

Not too many though, wr dont want them doing anything hasty amd sacking him too quickly.

BullsCloseHibs
06-04-2017, 10:37 AM

🙏🏼🙏🏼

I wholeheartedly agree 😊

Kato
06-04-2017, 10:43 AM

He only knows two words -"yes" and "master."

Stevie Reid
06-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Not too many though, wr dont want them doing anything hasty amd sacking him too quickly.

True!

NZ Green
06-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Is there room for goal posts in this bold new vision? Oh brave new world.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-04-2017, 11:09 AM

I figure he just walks about shouting out "Mmmbop" most days.

thommo1875
06-04-2017, 11:34 AM

Superb!!!

banarc7062
06-04-2017, 12:25 PM

:top marks

Thecat23
06-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Maybe we should fly a plane over Tynecastle with a banner reading... "In Cathro we trust."

jacomo
06-04-2017, 12:42 PM

I inputted these figures into the laptop, and the result was that Cathro should 100% be left to do his work.

DarlingtonHibee
06-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Maybe we should fly a plane over Tynecastle with a banner reading... "In Cathro we trust."
I will put some money towards that!

Thecat23
06-04-2017, 12:58 PM
I inputted these figures into the laptop, and the result was that Cathro should 100% be left to do his work.

Yep, he has to be left to do a job. He's doing a damn fine job so far!!!

Hibbyradge
06-04-2017, 01:20 PM

Great idea.

Organise it on the PM board though.

Stevie Reid
06-04-2017, 01:29 PM

:greengrin

WeAreHibs
06-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Haha one of the best posts I've seen on here for a long time. :not worth:greengrin

He'll get that as a tattoo

southsider
06-04-2017, 01:41 PM
I noticed how Ian had his 'lucky' black coat on again last night. Just imagine, for a moment, how bad the results would have been if he hadn't worn it.

Thecat23
06-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Great idea.

Organise it on the PM board though.

😁👍🏼

lord bunberry
06-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I noticed how Ian had his 'lucky' black coat on again last night. Just imagine, for a moment, how bad the results would have been if he hadn't worn it.

Tommy Wright said in his interview that they went toe to toe with hearts, and if you were to take away the lucky black coat then the score would've been much more convincing on the grass.

Famous Fiver
06-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Thought it was a bit unfair of the Saintees to leave the goalposts up for the second half. They could have taken them down at one end for all the danger the Gorgie scrotes posed.

Just think, no goalposts, no defeats.

Cathrospeak or what?

matty_f
06-04-2017, 07:13 PM
"There's a hell of a lot things conspiring to come against us just now."

Yes Ian, they are called other football teams.

They'd win all their games if you took away the other teams.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2017, 07:33 PM
They'd win all their games if you took away the other teams.

To be fair that's not a cathroism, that's just hearts fan logic. "If you don't count the games we lost we're unbeaten"

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2017, 07:34 PM

For anyone that watches the Middle - I reckon he's a real life Kenny. Cathro's a real life Brick.

Seveno
06-04-2017, 10:03 PM
To be fair that's not a cathroism, that's just hearts fan logic. "If you don't count the games we lost we're unbeaten"

That is classic Warbie-speak.

lapsedhibee
07-04-2017, 05:02 AM
That is classic Warbie-speak.

Maybe so, but wasn't Stevie Fail the originator, with his "Counting from the third Tuesday after Easter to the last match but one, we've actually won more points than Hibs" type patter?

mjhibby
07-04-2017, 08:00 AM
We must definitely have parallel universes. I know a perfectly sensible jambo who mostly sees things as they are(they do exist) and even he is defending Cathy. He's misunderstood,i get what he means,the players don't get it.etc etc etc. Now either his devotion to the jambos is now total or he doesn't want to face the reality of their situation. The saddest thing in all this is the Hertz fans of say 20 years ago although total plonkers,could see when they were being shafted. Now they just blindly accept any propaganda coming out of the pbs like those believing trump. It's actually beyond funny now as the defeats are now so predictable. Any other set of fans would have binned Cathy yonks ago. On reflection better let him keep his job and his endless stream of gems the python team would have loved to have thought of. Sorry I'm s******ing as I've just built goals for my wee man to play with. Have I wasted my money as they may be not needed and cathy is a visionary. Massive lol.

mjhibby
07-04-2017, 08:03 AM
Maybe so, but wasn't Stevie Fail the originator, with his "Counting from the third Tuesday after Easter to the last match but one, we've actually won more points than Hibs" type patter?

Or if the league was from January to January etc. There lies,damned lies and statistics. It's what makes Cathy tick.

Bostonhibby
07-04-2017, 08:10 AM
If you remove British Red Cross, Big Hearts Community Trust, Macraes Batallion Trust and the Laidy Haig Poppy Fund from their creditors list absolutely no charities funds were kept by pre administration heart of Midlothian to spend on football players.

AltheHibby
07-04-2017, 08:21 AM
From a BBC report on compensation payments by schools.

"Pupil mishaps including a blindfolded child running into a goalpost and pupil hit by a cricket ball have cost schools £7m in three years, it has emerged"

If only they had listened to Cathro that poor child would have been safe. Let's give the man credit for his visionary stance.

calumhibee1
07-04-2017, 08:44 AM

I would absolutely chip in for that. With a Hibs badge at the end of it.

CathroMustStay
07-04-2017, 05:23 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1385069-people-are-willing-me-to-fail-at-hearts-says-ian-cathro/?utm_content=buffer664e8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

bingo70
07-04-2017, 05:28 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1385069-people-are-willing-me-to-fail-at-hearts-says-ian-cathro/?utm_content=buffer664e8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Wtf is he talking about?

Deansy
07-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Cathro on 'STV New at Six' just now

'There's an awful lot of people who want to see us fail right now'

There are a lot of people who want Hearts to fail but unless all of these people somehow physically set foot on the pich to play against Hearts, WTF DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE ??. Are the goals against Hearts being scored by some 'Telekinetic-Force' emanating from a lot of people's bad thoughts ??

Peevemor
07-04-2017, 06:03 PM
"What I think is fair for me to say is I think just now there are more people than normal that are keen to see this club lose, or let's say not win."

What I think is fair for me to say is that Cathro had to be one of the worst, or let's say not the best, communicators in the history of the game.

If he speaks to his guys in the same manner then it's no wonder that they don't know what they're meant to be doing.

jacomo
07-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Wtf is he talking about?

Cathy plays his desperate-plea-to-the-supporters card.

Could he be insinuating that some people - fans of other clubs, say - don't want him to succeed? I am SHOCKED.

If Levein ever breaks his silence expect it to be along the lines of: 'it's all Hibs' fault.'

lord bunberry
07-04-2017, 06:52 PM
He looked like he was about to start greeting.

WoreTheGreen
07-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Levein will thow this poor wee school misfit under the bus to save himself .A snake of a man

Bostonhibby
07-04-2017, 07:43 PM

He's doing the failing bit himself . Most of us really really need him to stay. Hang in there father dougal, your congregation are right behind you.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Cathy plays his desperate-plea-to-the-supporters card.

Could he be insinuating that some people - fans of other clubs, say - don't want him to succeed? I am SHOCKED.

If Levein ever breaks his silence expect it to be along the lines of: 'it's all Hibs' fault.'

Levein won't take any responsibility and will blame St Mirren.

bingo70
07-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Levein won't take any responsibility and will blame St Mirren.

Or Graeme Hogg

Kato
07-04-2017, 07:55 PM
"There's no drama, no chaos, no turmoil," he said

Cool by me, carry on as you are, Ian - I'm backing you 100%.

Thecat23
07-04-2017, 08:03 PM
I figure he just walks about shouting out "Mmmbop" most days.

:faf:

Kato
07-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Cathro on 'STV New at Six' just now

'There's an awful lot of people who want to see us fail right now'

There are a lot of people who want Hearts to fail but unless all of these people somehow physically set foot on the pich to play against Hearts, WTF DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE ??. Are the goals against Hearts being scored by some 'Telekinetic-Force' emanating from a lot of people's bad thoughts ??

"If there were no goal-posts and going toe-to-toe counted as wins and if we had drawn (therefore won) all the games in which we had lost and Dr Strange wasn't using his Multi-Dimensional Chi bending powers to alter the universe in which we are winning then we'd be, OK. So, yes, It's ok, no drama."

northstandhibby
07-04-2017, 08:08 PM
I kind of think Cathro and Mcphee are acting as mindfulness coaches with a mantra of 'be strong' 'win' 'stand tall' 'onto the next game' etc etc etc. I can imagine them lighting incense and candles and getting the squad to chant along with them while Potter sits in his office picking the team.

glory glory

Pete
07-04-2017, 08:39 PM
With the way he talks and the way his team plays, I'm not sure that he treats it like a competitive sport.

He can be as technical as he wants but I genuinely didn't think he understands the game. He's not a manager.

mjhibby
07-04-2017, 08:56 PM
With the way he talks and the way his team plays, I'm not sure that he treats it like a competitive sport.

He can be as technical as he wants but I genuinely didn't think he understands the game. He's not a manager.

He thinks he can be a manager but behaves like the coach. He looks to have no man management skills and is just confusing the players making an already pretty poor squad look clueless.

Hiber-nation
07-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Please let them scrape a win tomorrow. A defeat could signal the end for him.

HFCdeb
07-04-2017, 09:47 PM

Utterly bizarre.

Jim44
07-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Copied and pasted from a KB thread and yet again it illustrates the guy's inability to speak normally. A bit harsh to criticise someone's inadequacies but it's fair game because he is trying to give the impression that he is articulate, when in fact he is the opposite.

Ian Cathro says there are people willing him to fail at Hearts as he assured supporters he shares their anger and frustration over recent results.

Hearts have only won one of their last nine games and face Dundee on Saturday hoping to reverse a bad run of form.

Results have been mixed since Cathro's appointment in December, with many questioning if he job was too big for someone stepping up to head coach for the first time.

He said some people actively wanted him and the team to fail but it did not add to any pressure he feels.

"I don't want to be the person who says whether that is fair or unfair," he said.

"What I think is fair for me to say is I think just now there are more people than normal that are keen to see this club lose, or let's say not win.

"We can all imagine what the factors are in that."

He added: "I think what I'd say to back that up is that if they're choosing to do that, they're probably choosing the wrong people.

"I sit here as a strong person very ready to deal with this to whatever extent or for as long as people choose.

"Fine. No problem with that and no stress."

Cathro said he felt anger at the team's position but only because he did not want to let down fans of the club.

"[These critics] are also dealing with what is probably one of the most strong, powerful, passionate groups of supporters in Britain, when you look at the darker moments and how the supporters have rallied with everything the club needed," he said.

"In relation to the incredible support that this club has, that's the area where I understand and share the disappointment and frustration for not having been able to allow them to look forward with excitement.

"That's the bit that gives me anger and upset. The extra upset that throws some stones in my direction doesn't give me anything whatsoever. That just reminds me that we're strong and we're together."

Though accepting the scrutiny that comes with a losing run, the head coach also insisted any talk of an unhappy camp was far off the mark and that there was no discord between players or coaching staff.

"There's no drama, no chaos, no turmoil," he said.

"None of these things that people like to create the sense that exists because we're not doing well.

"The true thing is that we've had poor results. Everything else isn't true. There's no nonsense. All there is is poor results and that's the only thing that needs addressed.

"We'll do that collectively and we'll do it with and for everybody that loves this club."

Sir David Gray
07-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Copied and pasted from a KB thread and yet again it illustrates the guy's inability to speak normally. A bit harsh to criticise someone's inadequacies but it's fair game because he is trying to give the impression that he is articulate, when in fact he is the opposite.

Ian Cathro says there are people willing him to fail at Hearts as he assured supporters he shares their anger and frustration over recent results.

Hearts have only won one of their last nine games and face Dundee on Saturday hoping to reverse a bad run of form.

Results have been mixed since Cathro's appointment in December, with many questioning if he job was too big for someone stepping up to head coach for the first time.

He said some people actively wanted him and the team to fail but it did not add to any pressure he feels.

"I don't want to be the person who says whether that is fair or unfair," he said.

"What I think is fair for me to say is I think just now there are more people than normal that are keen to see this club lose, or let's say not win.

He added: "I think what I'd say to back that up is that if they're choosing to do that, they're probably choosing the wrong people.

"I sit here as a strong person very ready to deal with this to whatever extent or for as long as people choose.

Cathro said he felt anger at the team's position but only because he did not want to let down fans of the club.

"[These critics] are also dealing with what is probably one of the most strong, powerful, passionate groups of supporters in Britain, when you look at the darker moments and how the supporters have rallied with everything the club needed," he said.

"In relation to the incredible support that this club has, that's the area where I understand and share the disappointment and frustration for not having been able to allow them to look forward with excitement.

"That's the bit that gives me anger and upset. The extra upset that throws some stones in my direction doesn't give me anything whatsoever. That just reminds me that we're strong and we're together."

Though accepting the scrutiny that comes with a losing run, the head coach also insisted any talk of an unhappy camp was far off the mark and that there was no discord between players or coaching staff.

"None of these things that people like to create the sense that exists because we're not doing well.

"The true thing is that we've had poor results. Everything else isn't true. There's no nonsense. All there is is poor results and that's the only thing that needs addressed.

"We'll do that collectively and we'll do it with and for everybody that loves this club."

On a par with Malofeev.

At least he had an excuse in that English wasn't his first language! :greengrin

This guy's comedy gold. I hope he sticks around a bit longer.

Jim44
07-04-2017, 10:35 PM
On a par with Malofeev.

At least he had an excuse in that English wasn't his first language! :greengrin

This guy's comedy gold. I hope he sticks around a bit longer.

............ well not too long, 'cos, by the law of averages, they'll start winning the odd game again. I want to see him retire 'defeated'. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
08-04-2017, 12:11 PM
"All there is is poor results and that's the only thing that needs addressed."

Genius.

ekhibee
08-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Can Hearts still finish in the bottom 6?

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Can Hearts still finish in the bottom 6?

No. 7 points ahead, 2 games to go.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2017, 01:18 PM

That's about as blatant a desperate attempt at buttering up the fans with nice words about them as I've ever seen.

He'd have been as well just saying 'please like me' and getting it over and done with. But Cathro never uses 1 word when 32 will do.

CathroMustStay
07-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Best.

Hearts.

Manager.

Ever.

matty_f
07-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Saw this on twitter, haven't checked its accuracy:

Points won by top six teams since Ian Cathro appointment: Celtic 60, Aberdeen 43, Rangers 32, Saints 30, Partick Thistle 28, Hearts 19.

Cathro :faf: :faf:

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2017, 04:05 PM
He's doing a magnificent job

Ryan91
07-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Long may it continue, I say

bingo70
07-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Any post match interview yet?

G B Young
07-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Former Hearts player Allan Preston on Radio Scotland: "That was absolute mediocrity from Hearts. They are dropping down the league like a hot brick and something has to change because the Hearts fans are getting short-changed. The club has gone backwards at a dramatic rate and the recruitment has been horrendous.Can Ian Cathro get it back? I don't think so. I think we are beyond the point of no return with Ian Cathro. This is a rip-up job and start again."

and also from this afternoon's radio coverage.."This wasn't how it was supposed to end. Hearts players re-emerge from the dressing room wearing T-shirts thanking the fans for their support throughout the season. But barely 1,000 are left to acknowledge the players.Head coach Ian Cathro comes out after the players, takes a few tentative steps onto the pitch, gets booed, and thinks better of it."

We really, really need this guy to stay in charge :agree:

hibby6270
07-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Another rambling incomprehensible post match interview on Sportsound today.
Himself and players apparently came back out onto pitch after final whistle to thank the fans. Report was there was lucky to be 1000-1500 that stayed behind to say thanks and wave goodbye to the old stand.

Highlights (?) of the interview:
- I'm confident in my own ability.
- Nothing will dent his confidence or change his way of working.
- He is apparently going to work with the current players to make them better and stronger.

Ian. A word of advice son. You cannot pollsh a turd!! No matter how hard you try.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Saw this on twitter, haven't checked its accuracy:

Points won by top six teams since Ian Cathro appointment: Celtic 60, Aberdeen 43, Rangers 32, Saints 30, Partick Thistle 28, Hearts 19.

Cathro :faf: :faf:

I don't know the answer but I bet his points total isn't much better, or in fact worse, than the bottom 6 teams

1van Sprou7e
07-05-2017, 05:04 PM
This is what the table looks like since since Cathro took charge

1) Celtic 51
2) Aberdeen FC 40
3) Rangers FC 32
4) St. Johnstone FC 30
5) Partick Thistle FC 28
6) Ross County FC 23
7) Kilmarnock FC 21
8) Dundee FC 21
9) Heart of Midlothian FC 19
10) Motherwell FC 17
11) Hamilton Academical FC 17
12) Inverness Caledonian Thistle 14

Hibby70
07-05-2017, 05:07 PM
And all in advance of season ticket sales going ahead. Very pleasing.

Big_Franck
07-05-2017, 05:09 PM

1) Celtic 51
2) Aberdeen FC 40
3) Rangers FC 32
4) St. Johnstone FC 30
5) Partick Thistle FC 28
6) Ross County FC 23
7) Kilmarnock FC 21
8) Dundee FC 21
10) Motherwell FC 17

That looks brilliant. Can't wait for the bookies to release the 'to finish bottom 6' odds for next season. There's a killing to made betting on Hearts.

matty_f
07-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Another rambling incomprehensible post match interview on Sportsound today.
Himself and players apparently came back out onto pitch after final whistle to thank the fans. Report was there was lucky to be 1000-1500 that stayed behind to say thanks and wave goodbye to the old stand.

Highlights (?) of the interview:
- I'm confident in my own ability.
- Nothing will dent his confidence or change his way of working.
- He is apparently going to work with the current players to make them better and stronger.

Ian. A word of advice son. You cannot pollsh a turd!! No matter how hard you try.
He sounds like his voice is still breaking.

bingo70
07-05-2017, 05:10 PM

1) Celtic 51
2) Aberdeen FC 40
3) Rangers FC 32
4) St. Johnstone FC 30
5) Partick Thistle FC 28
6) Ross County FC 23
7) Kilmarnock FC 21
8) Dundee FC 21
10) Motherwell FC 17

Were a few of his wins not against 10 men as well?

Hibby70
07-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Were a few of his wins not against 10 men as well?

And there's probably 19 penalties in there.

Zazu62
07-05-2017, 05:12 PM
He will never recover from the spanking he took down Leith in February

bingo70
07-05-2017, 05:15 PM
He sounds like his voice is still breaking.

"Nothing will change his way of working"

If it's not working, why not?

Lennon said earlier in the season he had to change his way of working as what he was doing wasn't working, that's the difference. When people questioned cathros ability to do the job at his age it wasn't because of the number beside his name, it's inexperience like this that'll be his downfall.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2017, 05:20 PM

1) Celtic 51
2) Aberdeen FC 40
3) Rangers FC 32
4) St. Johnstone FC 30
5) Partick Thistle FC 28
6) Ross County FC 23
7) Kilmarnock FC 21
8) Dundee FC 21
10) Motherwell FC 17

Motherwell, Hamilton and Inverness must be really pish.

PatHead
07-05-2017, 05:21 PM

1) Celtic 51
2) Aberdeen FC 40
3) Rangers FC 32
4) St. Johnstone FC 30
5) Partick Thistle FC 28
6) Ross County FC 23
7) Kilmarnock FC 21
8) Dundee FC 21
10) Motherwell FC 17

That is not fair. You are ignoring their cup record.

Pete
07-05-2017, 05:22 PM
That is not fair. You are ignoring their cup record.

...and the schematics.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2017, 05:33 PM
...and the schematics.
And the goal posts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Kato
07-05-2017, 05:43 PM
And the goal posts

..and the situation (which is the situation).

07-05-2017, 05:46 PM

1) Celtic 51
2) Aberdeen FC 40
3) Rangers FC 32
4) St. Johnstone FC 30
5) Partick Thistle FC 28
6) Ross County FC 23
7) Kilmarnock FC 21
8) Dundee FC 21
10) Motherwell FC 17

Jambos should be thanking Robbie Neilson for keeping them up.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2017, 05:46 PM
He will never recover from the spanking he took down Leith in February

What happened there then? Did the big boys rough him up and he had to go to bed early with no supper?

Northernhibee
07-05-2017, 05:55 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39838283?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sportsound&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=scotland

Part of them improving over the summer is making improvements.

Seems really obvious, really. But he also doesn't need the confidence of the Budge that won't judge or the fans as he has confidence in himself.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Former Hearts player Allan Preston on Radio Scotland: "That was absolute mediocrity from Hearts. They are dropping down the league like a hot brick and something has to change because the Hearts fans are getting short-changed. The club has gone backwards at a dramatic rate and the recruitment has been horrendous.Can Ian Cathro get it back? I don't think so. I think we are beyond the point of no return with Ian Cathro. This is a rip-up job and start again."

and also from this afternoon's radio coverage.."This wasn't how it was supposed to end. Hearts players re-emerge from the dressing room wearing T-shirts thanking the fans for their support throughout the season. But barely 1,000 are left to acknowledge the players.Head coach Ian Cathro comes out after the players, takes a few tentative steps onto the pitch, gets booed, and thinks better of it."

HahaHaHaHa !

What a complete shower that lot are!

jacomo
07-05-2017, 06:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39838283?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sportsound&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=scotland

Part of them improving over the summer is making improvements.

Seems really obvious, really. But he also doesn't need the confidence of the Budge that won't judge or the fans as he has confidence in himself.

Jeez... he's an absolute bell end.

It would be no weakness to admit he's still learning and making mistakes, seeing as this is his first head coach role - but no, apparently he's got absolute confidence in his work.

Delighted he's Hearts manager.

vuefrom1875
07-05-2017, 09:13 PM

Plug from the BEANO 😀

AltheHibby
07-05-2017, 09:25 PM
"But Cathro, who was named head coach in December and has lost 10 of his 19 Premiership games, remains bullish."

I think the Beeb missed out the letters "s**t" in the middle of the last word.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2017, 09:33 PM
What's his contract situation, and can they afford to pay him off

Mikey09
07-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Meet The Management event should be interesting... :faf::faf::faf::faf:

heretoday
07-05-2017, 09:40 PM
"But Cathro, who was named head coach in December and has lost 10 of his 19 Premiership games, remains bullish."

I think the Beeb missed out the letters "s**t" in the middle of the last word.

Bullish. Rabbitish would be more accurate.

1van Sprou7e
07-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Just saw this pre-match quote from the man himself

"It’s a historic day and there’s so many stories associated with the stand. We’ll be doing everything we can to ensure that when people talk about the last ever match in front of the Main Stand then we’ve either won it or left ourselves dead on the grass trying to do so."

:rotflmao:

G B Young
08-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Just saw this pre-match quote from the man himself

"It’s a historic day and there’s so many stories associated with the stand. We’ll be doing everything we can to ensure that when people talk about the last ever match in front of the Main Stand then we’ve either won it or left ourselves dead on the grass trying to do so."

:rotflmao:

Judging by the reaction of the Hearts fans Cathro is a dead man walking at the PBS. It seems even the most devout Cathro apologists have cracked now. We can only hope Budge stands strong and keeps him in charge.

DarlingtonHibee
08-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Meet The Management event should be interesting... :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Surely need some security there tonight, could be football equivalent of Jeremy Kyle!!

bingo70
08-05-2017, 06:59 AM
Who do hearts have next? Really wanting them to pick up a win soon to relieve some of the pressure on him.

Mon the famou....nah, can't go that far.

MSK
08-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Who do hearts have next? Really wanting them to pick up a win soon to relieve some of the pressure on him.

Mon the famou....nah, can't go that far.Think its The rangers at ibrokes

Big_Franck
08-05-2017, 07:13 AM
What's his contract situation, and can they afford to pay him off

No, I dont think they can afford to sack him. They have a serious shortfall in funding for the stand and Cathro and McPhee will still have 3 years left on their contracts in June.

Don't worry folks, he's not going anywhere anytime soon :greengrin

GreenCastle
08-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Cathro signed a 3.5 year deal when he arrived in December.

Have a good chuckle over this...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/169501-lap-of-honour/

While I can understand coaches trying to help other coaches at open events etc - what I can't understand is the cheek to charge fans £15 to go to a coaching event when you are under pressure and expect fans to pay - what type of mugs would do that?

Surely the coaching staff should offer a ticket only free for all to try some good will with fans?!

Anyway - the yams message board reads like ours a few years ago when CC and Butcher and co were involved - no club connection and fans hating football etc

Long may it continue and Cathro stays - next 3 games are Saints - Huns - Tics (don't forget the £25 event to talk about the main stand event - hopefully Celtic hammer then and the misery continues :violin::sick:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hearts-fans-rally-a-send-off-to-the-main-stand-tickets-34286042476?utm_term=eventurl_text )

The Spaceman
08-05-2017, 07:19 AM

Wow. That is absolutely quality. Cathro. Must. Stay.

Can't wait to play them next season - very, very excited.

leither17
08-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Cathro signed a 3.5 year deal when he arrived in December.

Have a good chuckle over this...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/169501-lap-of-honour/

While I can understand coaches trying to help other coaches at open events etc - what I can't understand is the cheek to charge fans £15 to go to a coaching event when you are under pressure and expect fans to pay - what type of mugs would do that?

Surely the coaching staff should offer a ticket only free for all to try some good will with fans?!

Anyway - the yams message board reads like ours a few years ago when CC and Butcher and co were involved - no club connection and fans hating football etc

Long may it continue and Cathro stays - next 3 games are Saints - Huns - Tics (don't forget the £25 event to talk about the main stand event - hopefully Celtic hammer then and the misery continues :violin::sick:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hearts-fans-rally-a-send-off-to-the-main-stand-tickets-34286042476?utm_term=eventurl_text )

That fair cheered me up for a Monday morning

1van Sprou7e
08-05-2017, 09:57 AM
This young lad managed to capture the "lap of honour" in all it's glory

https://youtu.be/TVrz1BUlOOg?t=9m10s

Cathro tries to join in at 9:10 only to be booed off the pitch before he's even stepped on :tee hee:

leither17
08-05-2017, 10:49 AM

Apparently this guy is next up the road from the newcastle academy. He is a bit like Cathro full of catchphrases and maybe have a magic hat up his sleeve too.

FilipinoHibs
08-05-2017, 10:53 AM

Cathro tries to join in at 9:10 only to be booed off the pitch before he's even stepped on :tee hee:

This is so pleasing to eyes and ears😀

lord bunberry
08-05-2017, 10:56 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

jacomo
08-05-2017, 11:50 AM

Cathro was asked about the booing, and responded in a particularly articulate manner.

"It's a situation where I understand these things."

I love the guy, he's loads of fun. I think Hearts should extend his contract, because when Real Madrid come calling they won't take no for an answer!

08-05-2017, 11:52 AM
One of the hibs twitter accounts pointed out that Marciano had as many shots on target against Aberdeen as the entire Hearts team did. 😂

Bostonhibby
08-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Cathro was asked about the booing, and responded in a particularly articulate manner.

"It's a situation where I understand these things."

I love the guy, he's loads of fun. I think Hearts should extend his contract, because when Real Madrid come calling they won't take no for an answer!

Its better than having to understand things in a situation. I don't think he would have coped with that so professionally.

jacomo
08-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Its better than having to understand things in a situation. I don't think he would have coped with that so professionally.

Heresy! Whether it be understanding or situations, Cathro has complete confidence in his work. In fact he is looking forward to the next situation and already has an excellent understanding of all things.

My only worry is that us mere mortals are not in a situation where we understand things the way that Cathro does.

We must look within ourselves, and strive to learn. Perhaps spending a mere £15 (how can it be so cheap?) to learn from the man himself would be an important first situation and, indeed, parameter?

Sensei Cathy

allezsauzee
08-05-2017, 12:40 PM
I'd actually quite like to see them win a couple of these meaningless games so they keep him in charge. A win against Celtic and they'd be deluded enough to think that they could be the main challengers for 2nd next season

G B Young
08-05-2017, 12:41 PM
There's a 'Cathro stay or go' poll on Kickback which I gather has been running for quite some time and which until this weekend had a majority in favour of giving the guy more time. Since yesterday the 'go' vote has surged into the lead, which suggests any lingering goodwill has well and truly run out.

Anyone with an account on there should make sure they vote 'stay'.

KeithTheHibby
08-05-2017, 12:57 PM
And while Cathy takes a doing from all around the big *****bag Levein is nowhere in sight.

Bostonhibby
08-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Heresy! Whether it be understanding or situations, Cathro has complete confidence in his work. In fact he is looking forward to the next situation and already has an excellent understanding of all things.

My only worry is that us mere mortals are not in a situation where we understand things the way that Cathro does.

We must look within ourselves, and strive to learn. Perhaps spending a mere £15 (how can it be so cheap?) to learn from the man himself would be an important first situation and, indeed, parameter?

Sensei Cathy
I've got confidence in his work and, looking forward to the next situation I'm going to wait for the price for enlightenment to drop to £1.50 then I'm in.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
08-05-2017, 01:08 PM
And while Cathy takes a doing from all around the big *****bag Levein is nowhere in sight.
In the toilet, circa Dens Park 1986

lord bunberry
08-05-2017, 01:10 PM
I can see him walking away at the end of the season. I've got everything crossed that he doesn't as they will be fighting relegation if he stays.

tamig
08-05-2017, 01:19 PM

I can see Mrs B having a big fall out with Levein shortly. A lot of his decision making has led to the current position they're in. She won't tolerate that for much longer - especially if it's costing her cash. The big question is if Levein goes, who does she turn to to provide her with guidance on football matters? Fun times ahead.

jacomo
08-05-2017, 01:55 PM
I've got confidence in his work and, looking forward to the next situation I'm going to wait for the price for enlightenment to drop to £1.50 then I'm in.

Aha. One of the things that will improve the enlightenment masterclass is waiting for the price situation to improve.

I have complete confidence in you.

jacomo
08-05-2017, 01:57 PM
I can see him walking away at the end of the season. I've got everything crossed that he doesn't as they will be fighting relegation if he stays.

Please God no! He must not be allowed to leave.

#prayforCathro

Bostonhibby
08-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Aha. One of the things that will improve the enlightenment masterclass is waiting for the price situation to improve.

I have complete confidence in you.
Market forces will result in price equilibrium when the supply and demand curves cross and that's the optimum time to contemplate a development opportunity.

Translates from Cathroid to:- when not enough idiots stump up keep reducing the price until they do. Sign up then.

Ozyhibby
08-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Is the enlightenment class tonight?
My Jambo mate reckons £15 would be a bargain if it helped him work out wtf Cathro is trying to do. I doubt it will though. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slavoj Zizek
08-05-2017, 05:20 PM
I'll just leave this link here guys and gals: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?312070-Ian-Cathro-Next-Hibs-Manager :na na:

Pete
08-05-2017, 05:44 PM
I'll just leave this link here guys and gals: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?312070-Ian-Cathro-Next-Hibs-Manager :na na:

If Cathro was in charge here instead of Lennon we'd still be exiting this division.

it would just be at the other end.

Bostonhibby
08-05-2017, 06:01 PM

They always nick everyone we are linked with, the allure of three and a bit stands and the stigma of the administration is just to much to compete with.

Cathro and Bikey, deary me.

Pete
09-05-2017, 12:50 AM
A wee snippet from the Cathro tactical masterclass last night.

"The point was made that Leicester and Chelsea have both won the BPL by playing a style which conceeds possession to the opposition, but this was dismissed by MacPhee as short termism".

So they could actually play winning football but they just don't want to. Maybe next time they're doing this they can invite Mr. Ranieri and Mr. Conte along so they can learn something.

Haymaker
09-05-2017, 01:44 AM
A wee snippet from the Cathro tactical masterclass last night.

"The point was made that Leicester and Chelsea have both won the BPL by playing a style which conceeds possession to the opposition, but this was dismissed by MacPhee as short termism".

So they could actually play winning football but they just don't want to. Maybe next time they're doing this they can invite Mr. Ranieri and Mr. Conte along so they can learn something.

Sounds like they're fully paid up members of the 'possession is everything' camp.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2017, 05:23 AM
Sounds like they're fully paid up members of the 'possession is everything' camp.

Ah because it served Mark Warburton sooooo well

Springbank
09-05-2017, 05:39 AM

if you take away the goalposts then it would be everything...

hibbiedon
09-05-2017, 06:01 AM

Im sure he had a talking part in Wurzle Gummidge

Brightside
09-05-2017, 12:43 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/11-things-we-learned-from-hearts-meet-the-management-event-1-4440923

DarlingtonHibee
09-05-2017, 12:49 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/11-things-we-learned-from-hearts-meet-the-management-event-1-4440923

That is a brilliant photo, two mugs who don't know what they are doing, long may it continue!!

Craig_HFC
09-05-2017, 01:01 PM

Is it just me or does that article not actually say anything?

It's got a load of words, sentences and paragraphs but it doesn't actually give any information.

A bit like Cathro, to be fair, so it's probably accurate.

Dan Sarf
09-05-2017, 01:15 PM
“It’s one area of the club we are trying to modernise, for the reasons all of you know, probably not enough of it has been good,” said MacPhee. “None of us are shying away from that; Ann Budge, Craig (Levein), myself, Ian. We’re looking to innovate with that. We’re trying to de-risk it.”

Anyone?

jacomo
09-05-2017, 01:36 PM
“It’s one area of the club we are trying to modernise, for the reasons all of you know, probably not enough of it has been good,” said MacPhee. “None of us are shying away from that; Ann Budge, Craig (Levein), myself, Ian. We’re looking to innovate with that. We’re trying to de-risk it.”

Anyone?

I think what he means is that they inherited a squad that was challenging for 2nd, ripped it to pieces during the January transfer window, results went into freefall, and now they want to rip it up again in the summer.

Don't worry because Cathro has 'already surpassed' the point at which people believed he actually knew what he was doing.

Dense, dull fool that he is.

Albanian Hibs
09-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Is it just me or does that article not actually say anything?

It's got a load of words, sentences and paragraphs but it doesn't actually give any information.

A bit like Cathro, to be fair, so it's probably accurate.

I got bored after the first paragraph.

Sean1875
09-05-2017, 02:32 PM
The fact that a guy I was pally with in school stated on twitter that Jack Hamilton going fishing with Aaron Hughes was "the biggest surprise" of the night goes to show how dull an evening it must have been.

1van Sprou7e
09-05-2017, 02:53 PM

"At times, Cathro is to talking what roundabouts are to Livingston" lol

That article is obviously being quite positive but to be fair it does sound like they've learned a few things from their mistakes, he might last longer than I thought next season :greengrin

Bostonhibby
09-05-2017, 03:08 PM
The fact that a guy I was pally with in school stated on twitter that Jack Hamilton going fishing with Aaron Hughes was "the biggest surprise" of the night goes to show how dull an evening it must have been.
If I was Jack Hamilton I'd try a worm or maybe an artificial fly or lure.

I cannae see many trout being taken in by a late 30's centre half with the pace of a tortoise doing a 3 legged race with Berra as a partner.

Ozyhibby
09-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Phew......looks like the Q&A was a success and they will be with us next season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/watch-hearts-fans-give-take-10386545

Deansy
09-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Phew......looks like the Q&A was a success and they will be with us next season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/watch-hearts-fans-give-take-10386545

Ha-ha-ha - the 1st Muppet at 00:54 on being asked if Cathro had impressed him -

'Well, Ian Cathro does impress !'

- in a tone that suggests the guy genuinely believed the question to be stupid !

All it suggested to me was that Ian Cathro genuinely DOES have a fan - and it's the 1st muppet !

Obviously a PHM !

jacomo
09-05-2017, 09:41 PM

Sounds like Cathy threw his players under a bus to save his own skin.

What a guy.

PatHead
09-05-2017, 09:42 PM
The man is a hero of mine and many other Hibs supporters I know

09-05-2017, 10:18 PM
What a bizarre video. "Everyone working at Hearts wants to see a successful Hearts team." In other news, water is wet.

The one boy who said he coaches a bit seemed the most rational and sensible in his opinions. The rest were just odd jambos.

G B Young
09-05-2017, 10:26 PM
"At times, Cathro is to talking what roundabouts are to Livingston" lol

That article is obviously being quite positive but to be fair it does sound like they've learned a few things from their mistakes, he might last longer than I thought next season :greengrin

Here's what he apparently learned from getting gubbed by Hibs in the cup again (make of it what you will?!?):

“If Plan A is not going well, Plan B is being robust enough not to lose a goal. Easter Road, Plan A is not going well, we weren’t robust enough to lose a goal in a derby in that way. There is an element there of knowing the league, knowing the country, knowing the environment and being equipped for that. It’s very important that core, that identity, that six, seven out of ten, will header out the box, stop the shot, foul at the right time, know the league, win the derby. "

Sir David Gray
09-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Here's what he apparently learned from getting gubbed by Hibs in the cup again (make of it what you will?!?):

“If Plan A is not going well, Plan B is being robust enough not to lose a goal. Easter Road, Plan A is not going well, we weren’t robust enough to lose a goal in a derby in that way. There is an element there of knowing the league, knowing the country, knowing the environment and being equipped for that. It’s very important that core, that identity, that six, seven out of ten, will header out the box, stop the shot, foul at the right time, know the league, win the derby. "

Please...?:confused:

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-05-2017, 10:39 PM

Let me translate;

In January I signed 10 out of contract foreign mercenaries. None of them had a clue what an Edinburgh derby is all about. Next season I'll try and make sure my team is full of Scottish cloggers who will hoof the ball out the box at every opportunity and kick **** out of guys like John McGinn(or foul at the right time as I'll call it, to make myself look better).

I think.

09-05-2017, 10:40 PM

Jambo fans should be embarrassed, the toughest line of questioning came from a wee lassie. :faf: :faf: :faf:

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Hearts are an embarrassment of a football club. I actually feel a bit sorry for their decent fans. They had an opportunity to right a lot of wrongs after administration and promotion but they have made a monumental balls up by punting Neilson and letting Levein call the shots and are only heading in one direction. I guess Karma is a bitch.

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2017, 11:02 PM

Did he know it was the Scottish cup and not the league or was he playing for a point?

lord bunberry
10-05-2017, 12:56 AM
I still don't fancy his chances of catching anything, but I suppose he's more chance on a river than on a football pitch.

Jack Hackett
10-05-2017, 05:21 AM

Any yam that claims to understand that is clearly suffering from 'emperor's new clothes' syndrome.

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2017, 06:21 AM
And there's probably 19 penalties in there.

To be fair that is down to his tactics and training :wink:

Deansy
10-05-2017, 06:57 AM
The 'Scotsman's decided it's McPhee's turn to be hailed today -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/austin-macphee-steals-the-show-at-hearts-coaches-event-1-4441181

'He stroked fans' ego's, talking about the draw of the club. He emphasised with their feelings and emotions. He connected. He delivered ambition: "We want to make this a consistent Europa League club". And he didn't mean second-round qualifying cannon-
fodder'

Proves that McPhee's no mug - it's well-known the Muppets love nothing more than getting their ego's stroked - I bet he 'stroked' them with words like -

'Hearts are a BIG club.........HUGE ....definitely the BIGGEST club in Edinburgh........New stand could mean LARGEST capacity - BIGGER than ER...............BIG support ....................LARGER support than Hibs............BIG players'

And in closing -

' ........ we both knew it was a BIG task we were taking on, probably the BIGGEST we've faced so far - for us to take on, what is, for a LARGE number of people, their REAL MADRID was a HUGE thing for us - MAMMOTH in fact - IMMENSE - as everything about this club is BIG ...... '

The reference to Europe is just the icing on the cake - or for the Jambos who were there - the gravy-stroke's .............

lord bunberry
10-05-2017, 07:02 AM

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/austin-macphee-steals-the-show-at-hearts-coaches-event-1-4441181

'He stroked fans' ego's, talking about the draw of the club. He emphasised with their feelings and emotions. He connected. He delivered ambition: "We want to make this a consistent Europa League club". And he didn't mean second-round qualifying cannon-
fodder'

Proves that McPhee's no mug - it's well-known the Muppets love nothing more than getting their ego's stroked - I bet he 'stroked' them with words like -

'Hearts are a BIG club.........HUGE ....definitely the BIGGEST club in Edinburgh........New stand could mean LARGEST capacity - BIGGER than ER...............BIG support ....................LARGER support than Hibs............BIG players'

And in closing -

' ........ we both knew it was a BIG task we were taking on, probably the BIGGEST we've faced so far - for us to take on, what is, for a LARGE number of people, their REAL MADRID was a HUGE thing for us - MAMMOTH in fact - IMMENSE - as everything about this club is BIG ...... '

The reference to Europe is just the icing on the cake - or for the Jambos who were there - the gravy-stroke's .............
And meanwhile back in the real world.......

Bostonhibby
10-05-2017, 07:21 AM

No mention of a partridge in a pear tree?

The coaching dream team probably think they've got away with it because they've convinced the deranged that paid money to listen to them but there's a growing number out there who are not having it.

Spoke to our family yam last night and he said he's a mixture of angry and embarrassed.

His cousin is a regular attender at the wongadome but he's not going back next season and seemingly there's talk of a protest about the way they're being run. Can't see it myself but might be interesting to see what happens if all the wisdom imparted at the masterclass results in more defeats.

G B Young
10-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Sounds a bizarre event overall. This on Cathro:

'The first 20 minutes of the evening saw the Hearts boss attempt to introduce his 'four concepts of football' model.

"Do you see it?" he asked as the 20-minute mark approached. It was met with grumbles and negative mumbles. Never mind, it was rhetorical. He told the crowd they do, they do see it.

"You'll enjoy it when it clicks," he enthused. There was no hallelujah.'

Then it appears MacPhee stepped up to deliver some Yogi-style 'fitba folk ken' statements designed to get the fans onside after Cathro's ramblings:

"We want players out the door. It's no secret. It's fitbaw. You probably want the same ones out the door as we do."

greenginger
10-05-2017, 08:46 AM

'The first 20 minutes of the evening saw the Hearts boss attempt to introduce his 'four concepts of football' model.

"Do you see it?" he asked as the 20-minute mark approached. It was met with grumbles and negative mumbles. Never mind, it was rhetorical. He told the crowd they do, they do see it.

Then it appears MacPhee stepped up to deliver some Yogi-style 'fitba folk ken' statements designed to get the fans onside after Cathro's ramblings:

"We want players out the door. It's no secret. It's fitbaw. You probably want the same ones out the door as we do."

Did nobody ask who was responsible for bringing them in the door in the first place ? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-05-2017, 08:47 AM

But we cant get them out the door because Potter brought them in, well maybe the job lot ones who were on short term deals to try and beat Hibs. Potter will tell us what's happening then we might be able to let you know. Put your money in the jam jar and mind the door disnae hit the back of your heid on the way out, see you at the cake stall.

rupert.bollocks
10-05-2017, 09:59 AM
He would seriously do well selling pyramid schemes. He's pulling it all out of his erse on the fly cos he hasn't a clue. God bless him.

jacomo
10-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Cathro likes the sound of his own voice too much.

I think - inadvertently - he is talking about himself here. He didn't know the environment well enough, he didn't equip his team for a derby, he got taught a lesson.

Has he learnt anything though?

His continued confidence in his own ability suggests not. He got massively found out in the Cup game at ER and doesn't even realise.

jacomo
10-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Did nobody ask who was responsible for bringing them in the door in the first place ? :greengrin

What do they care?

More than happy to throw their players under a bus if it means getting inside with the supporters.

Cowards.

Oh, and the continual Real Madrid references come across as so condescending. If someone told me Hibs was my Real Madrid I would have stern words. Hibs has an identity and history of its own thanks, don't patronise my club.

Hearts fans probably feel flattered by this nonsense though. But then a lot of them are thick.

Deansy
10-05-2017, 10:07 AM
He would seriously do well selling pyramid schemes. He's pulling it all out of his erse on the fly cos he hasn't a clue. God bless him.

Agreed, I Don't understand why Budge doesn't utilise his talent re their 'Cake-bake's - he'd raise the money for their stand in weeks !!

jacomo
10-05-2017, 01:50 PM
No mention of a partridge in a pear tree?

The coaching dream team probably think they've got away with it because they've convinced the deranged that paid money to listen to them but there's a growing number out there who are not having it.

Spoke to our family yam last night and he said he's a mixture of angry and embarrassed.

His cousin is a regular attender at the wongadome but he's not going back next season and seemingly there's talk of a protest about the way they're being run. Can't see it myself but might be interesting to see what happens if all the wisdom imparted at the masterclass results in more defeats.

When they protested against Vladimir they kicked a couple of Russian hats.

To register their anger with Budge, maybe they'll tread on a purple coat??

That'll learn her!

Bostonhibby
10-05-2017, 01:58 PM
When they protested against Vladimir they kicked a couple of Russian hats.

To register their anger with Budge, maybe they'll tread on a purple coat??

That'll learn her!
[emoji1] or form a committee to agree the wording of a strongly worded letter?

They're rooked. She and Potter can do exactly what they want.

They won't be able to afford a hat to kick this time around

Vini1875
10-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Prayers to St. Jude - patron saint of hopeless causes

SanFranHibs
10-05-2017, 02:32 PM

Not convinced he has any great insights or modern philosophy but even if he does I do not think Hearts are the club where it can succeed as long as Mr Potter is responsible for the player personnel strategy. Ironically Cathro is the IT guy but his DOF is the one who utilises batch processing. Bringing in 10 at a time and then dumping most and then trying another batch is hardly likely to result in a squad settled enough to ever let it 'click' and it may be fair to say any other club in Scotland would have been better for his 'long term' strategies to be given time enough to click.

I was a little disappointed that the interviewer never pressed any of the interviewees who claimed they learned a few things about his tactics and approach to the game. Think they might have had to resort to the 'Official Secrets Act'.

One encouraging aspect of the evening for them was Scott Wilson having to be rushed in to announce 'yet another sell-out' when they realised 60% of the fold-up plastic chairs were occupied and to inform the audience that they could purchase their plastic chair at the end of the evening for only £100.00.

Heady days indeed at Tynecastle Park.

O'Rourke3
10-05-2017, 02:44 PM
[emoji1] or form a committee to agree the wording of a strongly worded letter?

They're rooked. She and Potter can do exactly what they want.

They won't be able to afford a hat to kick this time around

Yip. She was persuaded to come in and lead the recovery. Literally my way or the highway. No large ST sales - club dies. No FOH donations - club dies. Archie Leach stand disposed of and AB owning large site for re-development when the funds dry up.

hibs#1
10-05-2017, 03:45 PM

I think he is trying to say "help me budge and Harry Potter have kidnapped me.please phone the police"

Just my impression by the look in his eyes.

Jack Hackett
10-05-2017, 04:57 PM
I think he is trying to say "help me budge and Harry Potter have kid-napped me.please phone the police"

Just my impression by the look in his eyes.

He deserves a hyphen :wink:

Garymcl
10-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Just announced the lap top kid will be on stv sport tomorrow night canny wait !!!! :agree:

worcesterhibby
10-05-2017, 05:43 PM

They are talking about him as if he is the new Messiah.......hmmmm...mind you.....

Hibs1969
10-05-2017, 06:05 PM
They are talking about him as if he is the new Messiah.......hmmmm...mind you.....

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy........

http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://549da0b6-548a-4896-8de2-687cc9a777e5/imagepng

10-05-2017, 06:28 PM

fodder'

And in closing -

He says "it takes time". Well he's been in the job 6 months and it isn't working yet, so how long does it take?

Let's say it takes 9 months, but they're planning another big clearout of players 6 months after the last big clearout. The new batch will be 6 months behind any remaining players that haven't been culled so it will seem like the new players aren't getting it either. They will then get blamed for not having enough quality to implement Cathro's ideas, just like a lot of them are currently being criticised for their lack of quality. This would lead to a continual 6 monthly clearout however Cathro will be punted by Christmas after we've beaten them home and away.

Famous Fiver
10-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Next episode is the £25 bacon roll do at the weekend.

Greggs give you a bacon roll and a latte for £2. Oh, but they don't do a beamback of Cathro putting his coaching tips into practice when they are going to take a right horsing.

Wonder if they are selling gel at tenner a tube so that they can ready themselves?

How many of them will still be hanging about when they are three or four down?

WoreTheGreen
10-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Next episode is the £25 bacon roll do at the weekend.

Greggs give you a bacon roll and a latte for £2. Oh, but they don't do a beamback of Cathro putting his coaching tips into practice when they are going to take a right horsing.

Wonder if they are selling gel at tenner a tube so that they can ready themselves?

How many of them will still be hanging about when they are three or four down?

David Platt in corrie is a jambo he has set up a cake sale to raise funds

WhileTheChief..
11-05-2017, 05:08 PM
"The summer window is very different to the January window. It's easier partly because you have more time and also partly because it's naturally in between two seasons"

Another genius revelation from master Cathro :greengrin

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1388286-cathro-confident-summer-recruitment-will-be-a-success/

Flanny boy
11-05-2017, 05:17 PM
In cathro we trust

fat freddy
11-05-2017, 05:29 PM
"The summer window is very different to the January window. It's easier partly because you have more time and also partly because it's naturally in between two seasons"

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1388286-cathro-confident-summer-recruitment-will-be-a-success/

"It is naturally in between two seasons"....A bonkers way of saying that lots of players contracts have expired at the end of the season and many more are available at this time of year. He could have said it any number of ways but somehow he always says things in a way that makes you think he learnt English at a foreign language school and his teacher had a wicked sense of humour

greenginger
11-05-2017, 05:34 PM
David Platt in corrie is a jambo he has set up a cake sale to raise funds

I think they will be having cake sales etc for a few years to come to cover the cost of the £ 12 million Budge folly.

Their web site says there will be 5112 seats available in the new mega stand.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5885

Silver - 1304, gold - 1672, and platinum - 2136, = 5112 seasons, and one section for the posh seats maybe another 400.

That will make their ground capacity about 18,400. Only 1000 more seats for 12 million quid !

The muppets won't be happy.

jacomo
11-05-2017, 05:36 PM
In cathro we trust

He's dropping truth bombs. My mind is blown by the particularly articulate insight of the guy.

11-05-2017, 06:05 PM

"We're not a club that's in a position in the market to have transfer fees..."

Ha ha ha f***in' skintypoos (to misquote Billy Connolly).

Flanny boy
11-05-2017, 06:19 PM
The ****bos will surely do the honourable thing and let this young chap see out his contract.won't they?

Deansy
11-05-2017, 06:36 PM

Ooer the native's won't be happy with that - doesn't quite fit in with their 'Big team/Famous' thing .................

tamig
11-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Interesting comments from Jack Ross tonight on Sportsound. He was lined up to replace Neilson until Levein emptied him. "What kind of relationship would you say you now have with Craig Levein after that Jack?"

Jack's response - "There isn't one."

Tells you all you need to know.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2017, 07:01 PM

Ha ha ha f***in' skintypoos (to misquote Billy Connolly).

He likes to go round the houses does Father Dougal.

Translates to Budge has told Potter whose told me we've nae money, lets see how the cake bake goes.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2017, 07:03 PM
I think they will be having cake sales etc for a few years to come to cover the cost of the £ 12 million Budge folly.

Silver - 1304, gold - 1672, and platinum - 2136, = 5112 seasons, and one section for the posh seats maybe another 400.

That will make their ground capacity about 18,400. Only 1000 more seats for 12 million quid !

Are there any Zirconium seats (cubic naturally)?

stantonhibby
11-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Interesting comments from Jack Ross tonight on Sportsound. He was lined up to replace Neilson until Levein emptied him. "What kind of relationship would you say you now have with Craig Levein after that Jack?"

Jack's response - "There isn't one."

Tells you all you need to know.

I think there was some non-football stuff that went on there.

GreenLake
11-05-2017, 08:17 PM
I can see Cathro being like this when he retires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30HUOx6SYk

tamig
11-05-2017, 08:33 PM
I think there was some non-football stuff that went on there.
In what respect? Ross gave the impression that Levein just didn't see him as the right fit - whatever that means. He strikes me as a guy that wouldn't be anybody's puppet.

The Leith Dutch
11-05-2017, 08:34 PM
"It is naturally in between two seasons"....A bonkers way of saying that lots of players contracts have expired at the end of the season and many more are available at this time of year. He could have said it any number of ways but somehow he always says things in a way that makes you think he learnt English at a foreign language school and his teacher had a wicked sense of humour

Perfectly put mate :)

BS44
11-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Skip to eight minutes and enjoy the dogs supporters appreciation of their manager 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrz1BUlOOg

poolman
12-05-2017, 12:05 AM
Skip to eight minutes and enjoy the dogs supporters appreciation of their manager 😂

What was that word before "off Cathro" they were shouting 🤔

My_Wife_Camille
12-05-2017, 12:09 AM
What was that word before "off Cathro" they were shouting 🤔
Pants?

Pete
12-05-2017, 06:26 AM

That's the first time I've seen that from such a telling viewpoint and it's absolutely tragic. Hibs class equates to not even commenting on it such is the embarrassment factor...so I'll say nothing.

I'm not even going to ask what they all had on their t-shirts.

Kato
12-05-2017, 06:54 AM

"This is the T-Shirt Wording Situation"

malcolm
12-05-2017, 07:59 AM

Ooer the native's won't be happy with that - doesn't quite fit in with their 'Big team/Famous' thing .................

He did not say pay transfer fees as that is surely taken for granted - I'm sure by 'have' he meant the players at his disposal at such a big club are just not good enough to attract a fee :wink:

jacomo
12-05-2017, 09:57 AM
"I am even stronger than I thought I was. I am more resilient than I thought I was. And I am even more confident than I thought I was,” said the head coach. “In football my take is that every time something rocks you, if you stop seeing what is happening, then you are all over the place. “I think there has been a reasonable number of attempts to make me rocky. But I don’t change, we don’t change, my insides don’t change. We focus on the football, we focus on being professional and we focus on improving.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-spotlight-has-made-ian-cathro-stronger-than-i-thought-1-4443691

cocteautwin
12-05-2017, 10:02 AM
"I am even stronger than I thought I was. I am more resilient than I thought I was. And I am even more confident than I thought I was,” said the head coach. “In football my take is that every time something rocks you, if you stop seeing what is happening, then you are all over the place. “I think there has been a reasonable number of attempts to make me rocky. But I don’t change, we don’t change, my insides don’t change. We focus on the football, we focus on being professional and we focus on improving.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-spotlight-has-made-ian-cathro-stronger-than-i-thought-1-4443691

I've just been reading that myself and cracking up. He's a total slaver. Why take 5 words to say something when you can use 30?

Really hoping he gets his chance next year and not emptied before we can play them.

DarlingtonHibee
12-05-2017, 10:08 AM
I honestly think they have got to monitor Cathro state of mind. Cl is working him from the back, and letting him take the flak. If the huns take a few off them tmrw, those bacon rolls might come back up.

Deansy
12-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Dear Santa

I know it's early but it's very important - I want someone to keep their job for one full season ..............

Deansy

Just Alf
12-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Dear Santa

I know it's early but it's very important - I want someone to keep their job for one full season ..............

Deansy
Continued.... And I don't mind if they manage promotion the year after but it would be more fun if it was via the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
12-05-2017, 10:29 AM
The Huns are 5/6 tomorrow and 2/1 -1 goal. That's buying money imo.

Jim44
12-05-2017, 10:43 AM

'Loookng for a new home. House trained and obedient. All reasonable offers considered."

Kato
12-05-2017, 10:47 AM
I've just been reading that myself and cracking up. He's a total slaver. Why take 5 words to say something when you can use 30?

Really hoping he gets his chance next year and not emptied before we can play them.

He uttered more words in six months than Kenny Dalglish did his whole career.

1van Sprou7e
12-05-2017, 10:55 AM

Hahahahaha this guy really is a cocky wee @rsehole

Dan Sarf
12-05-2017, 10:56 AM
He uttered more words in six months than Kenny Dalglish did his whole career.

:top marks

Cathro's Epitaph

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2017, 11:40 AM
What do they care?

More than happy to throw their players under a bus if it means getting inside with the supporters.

Cowards.

Oh, and the continual Real Madrid references come across as so condescending. If someone told me Hibs was my Real Madrid I would have stern words. Hibs has an identity and history of its own thanks, don't patronise my club.

Hearts fans probably feel flattered by this nonsense though. But then a lot of them are thick.

Absolutely this ...... I would hate a Hibs manager to come out with such a statement, we are Hibs and that's all that matters there is no comparison. Besides, who wants to be compared to a club we have a 100% win ratio against :greengrin

Actually ... if you check out the latest thread on Yamboid Sickbag regarding the Mercer takeover and all the revisionist ***** and lies posted on it its not hard to see that the Yams will swallow any old rubbish if it makes them feel better about their basket case club with its weird manager, barmy 'director of football' and infrastructure projects they don't actually have the money to finish :faf:

Bostonhibby
12-05-2017, 11:48 AM

As an employer, if I had an under performing employee making statements like this when the actual delivery was what it is I would be thinking about moving them on or at least re-training them.

worcesterhibby
12-05-2017, 12:01 PM
some of the delusion on Sickbag is hilarious...this is one of their reactions to the interview...

The media are desperate for him to fail. The very idea of what hearts are trying to achieve threatens the establishment.
If Cathro and by extension hearts succeed in their plans it will decimate the OF status quo and change scottish football.

:greengrin:greengrin

Bostonhibby
12-05-2017, 12:11 PM
some of the delusion on Sickbag is hilarious...this is one of their reactions to the interview...

The media are desperate for him to fail. The very idea of what hearts are trying to achieve threatens the establishment.
If Cathro and by extension hearts succeed in their plans it will decimate the OF status quo and change scottish football.

Jeez that's got to be one of us at the wind up. If not don't they realise their biggest challenge is actually getting the shell of a stand erected?

They're in a position to impact on nothing, pretty much like when vlad told them they were going to do something similar last time.

marinello59
12-05-2017, 12:23 PM

That has to be an undercover Hibs fan. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
12-05-2017, 12:25 PM

Didn't click on the link but is that 5112 as in 5-1 (20)12? Someone has envisioned the schematics in such a way that the £12 million pounds they haven't got anyway is going not so much towards a giant stand but a giant comfort blanket? Did they hire The Snout to architecturalise everything?

GreenLake
12-05-2017, 12:59 PM

The media are desperate for him to fail. The very idea of what hearts are trying to achieve threatens the establishment. If Cathro and by extension hearts succeed in their plans it will decimate the OF status quo and change scottish football.

They've tried embezzling pensioners, cheating taxes and robbing charities and now they're trying to conquer Scottish Football by cunning computer simulations.

I suppose there is the example of Leah Thorvilson who used the Zwift virtual trainer (http://www.casquette.co.uk/people/2017/1/11/leah-thorvilson-from-zwift-turbo-training-to-pro-team) and turned herself from an amateur cyclist into a professional team rider from her own living room.

Ian Cathro is the Alex Rogan of football managers.

KeithTheHibby
12-05-2017, 01:06 PM
He has quite an amazing talent to say so much without saying anything of note.

That last Scotsman article could have been from December, same rubbish different day.

Ozyhibby
12-05-2017, 01:06 PM

I actually agree with him 100% and it's time for Hearts to be brave and back their young managerial genius.

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2017, 01:11 PM

The figures for available seats on their official site certainly appears to add up to 5,112 ....... The mega stand is supposed to hold over 7,000 ..... the Yams must have a hell of a lot of corporate fans if they are holding back circa 2,000 seats. Here's my guess:

Pals at the council ...... 100 seats ( includes planning officials, health & safety officers etc )
Budges cronies ........... 200 seats
The Rosebery family ... 100 seats
Fatty Foulks fat arse .... 5 seats
Levin's ego ................. 5 seats
Cathro's laptop ............ 1 seat
Seats unusable coz you cant see the pitch from them ....... 100 seats
Visiting tax fraud investigators ... 10 seats

Total = 512

The rest will be held back for competition winners ... Huge companies like Coca Cola and McDonald's will be offering trips to the worlds most atmospheric stadium as an exciting prize for their customers.

jacomo
12-05-2017, 01:16 PM
I actually agree with him 100% and it's time for Hearts to be brave and back their young managerial genius.

Well done you. It takes a bigger man than me to put aside partisan loyalties for the good of the game.

It will be tough being in the same league as the maroon Real Madrid but we will just have to find a way to cope.

Broken Gnome
12-05-2017, 02:50 PM

I'm going all amateur shrink here - someone who desperately feels the need to repeat themselves and emphasise their thoughts so often isn't confident at all, more a self-obsessed nervous wreck.

GreenLake
12-05-2017, 03:14 PM
http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/05/different-fortunes-ian-cathro-fabio-pecchia-since-leaving-rafa-benitez-newcastle-united-hearts-hellas-verona/

tamig
12-05-2017, 05:24 PM
The figures for available seats on their official site certainly appears to add up to 5,112 ....... The mega stand is supposed to hold over 7,000 ..... the Yams must have a hell of a lot of corporate fans if they are holding back circa 2,000 seats.

How many does that roof-top terrace with "castle views" hold? They will likely have lumped that into the total in their desperate quest to get up to and over 20000. Besides the point that they won't be able to see the pitch from there.

Kato
12-05-2017, 05:26 PM
How many does that roof-top terrace with "castle views" hold? They will likely have lumped that into the total in their desperate quest to get up to and over 20000. Besides the point that they won't be able to see the pitch from there.

They're including the lavvy seats too, and Cathro's stools.

Eyrie
12-05-2017, 06:23 PM
The figures for available seats on their official site certainly appears to add up to 5,112 ....... The mega stand is supposed to hold over 7,000 ..... the Yams must have a hell of a lot of corporate fans if they are holding back circa 2,000 seats. Here's my guess:

Pals at the council ...... 100 seats ( includes planning officials, health & safety officers etc )

Total = 512

The rest will be held back for competition winners ... Huge companies like Coca Cola and McDonald's will be offering trips to the worlds most atmospheric stadium as an exciting prize for their customers.

I would think that Coca Cola will offer those trips to Pepsi drinkers and McDonalds to Burger King regulars. Neither company would want to upset its own loyal consumers with such a negative experience.

Deansy
12-05-2017, 07:41 PM

WTF exactly is it that they're 'trying to achieve' that is so ground-breakingly different from what all the other clubs are trying to achieve ?. There's only 3 aspects to the game - wiining, losing and drawing. Or is their manager's mentality ('Cathro Think') starting to spread amongst them ?

Joe6-2
12-05-2017, 08:28 PM

Absolutely unbelievable! Surely there can't be more than this one guy thinks like this?!!

PatHead
12-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Absolutely unbelievable! Surely there can't be more than this one guy thinks like this?!!

Cathro''a dad?

jacomo
12-05-2017, 08:36 PM
WTF exactly is it that they're 'trying to achieve' that is so ground-breakingly different from what all the other clubs are trying to achieve ?. There's only 3 aspects to the game - wiining, losing and drawing. Or is their manager's mentality ('Cathro Think') starting to spread amongst them ?

It's this kind of small time thinking that is holding Scotland back.

Cathro thinks way beyond the narrow confines of those 3 parameters. He's already alluded to playing without goal posts - what else might he come up with?

In fact why use players at all? They imperfectly execute the algorithms on the laptop.

What if matches were decided through a PowerPoint battle between the two managers? Lenny wouldn't be so confident then would he?

eastmainsmsh
12-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Seen Ian tonight at gym on his mobile maybe asking Craig if he should do rowing or bike

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2017, 09:08 PM

Total = 512

Fatty foulkes fat arse 5 seats - tremendous mate 😂😂👏👏

Deansy
12-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Cathro''a dad?

Surely no 'Human' dad - more likely he's the result of some crazed experiment in a lab ??

lord bunberry
13-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Seen Ian tonight at gym on his mobile maybe asking Craig if he should do rowing or bike
Was he bitch slapping a punch bag with Craig Levein's face on it whilst shouting I'm a big boy now?

Springbank
13-05-2017, 07:54 AM
http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/05/different-fortunes-ian-cathro-fabio-pecchia-since-leaving-rafa-benitez-newcastle-united-hearts-hellas-verona/

Loved this quote from Aaron Hughes, talking about Cathro and tactics, but sounding more like he's talking to his GP about his jobbies :

Every manager is different in terms of how they play, what movements they want here and there. Once everyone starts getting used to the movements and they become more natural, it starts to flow a bit better.

Joe6-2
13-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Loved this quote from Aaron Hughes, talking about Cathro and tactics, but sounding more like he's talking to his GP about his jobbies :

Every manager is different in terms of how they play, what movements they want here and there. Once everyone starts getting used to the movements and they become more natural, it starts to flow a bit better.

Bloody hell, is he related to Cathy?

livi hibs 1875
13-05-2017, 09:52 AM

Maybe not related but looks like he can speak the cath-top language

Bostonhibby
13-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Probably not but continued contribution to his pension fund might depend on remaining on good terms with father dougal

greenginger
13-05-2017, 10:02 AM
With all the ciber attacks and mal-ware going about , I wonder if the Yams will ask for a postponement today just in case Cathy's laptop has been hacked and dodgy match tactics downloaded. :greengrin

Joe6-2
13-05-2017, 11:04 AM
With all the ciber attacks and mal-ware going about , I wonder if the Yams will ask for a postponement today just in case Cathy's laptop has been hacked and dodgy match tactics downloaded. :greengrin

I believe those are already on it!