PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Police are just taking the piss now.

silverhibee
05-04-2017, 03:43 PM
'YOU WILL BE ARRESTED' Top cop warns Rangers and Hibs Cup Final riot yobs that probe isn’t going away – despite it being one year on
Officers are continuing to investigate the chaos at Hampden Park as Detective Inspector Greig Wilkie promises there WILL be more arrests to come.

FOOTIE yobs who might believe they have escaped justice almost one year on from the Scottish Cup Final mayhem have been warned by cops that they could still face arrest.

Officers working for Operation Tonish are still probing incidents following Hibs’ clash with Rangers at Hampden Park and the detective in charge has promised there is more to come.

Detective Inspector Greig Wilkie said: “If we identify who you are and you were on that pitch causing violence or disorder – you will be getting arrested.

“I think people thought this investigation was maybe going to go away. But here we are 11 months down the line and it is not going away.

“There was public outrage and rightly so of what took place in that short period of time after the Scottish Cup Final.

“We can’t just say we will draw a line underneath it.

“We can’ t be seen to be doing that and we are not going to do that.”

Cops have arrested 150 fans so far in relation to the showdown chaos.

These people were identified through a variety of methods.

Some of them handed themselves into police stations while others have been identified through the release of CCTV.

Many people were arrested through operations including dawn raids.

Last week we told how officers released 46 new mugshots obtained by CCTV of people they are hunting over last season’s riot.

DI Wilkietold the Evening Times: “The vast majority of the work is CCTV based. We had to grab and secure as much as we could.

“Once we grabbed it all, we put a system in place for it to be reviewed. Because of the volume of footage, it has taken us months.”

He added: “When we identify an act of violence or disorder, that is when the work really starts.

“We have to follow that person through every bit of media footage to get a full course of conduct of what they did.

“That is just one person, multiply that by every individual we identify who is involved in this enquiry on that specific day, and it shows you the massive amount of investigation which has to be done.”

We told last month how a Hibs fan who tried to punch Rangers star Lee Wallace during the mayhem dodged jail.

Dale Pryde climbed over fencing, ran towards the defender, acted aggressively and tried to punch him on the body.

In the Scottish Sun today, is this really in the public interest nearly a year on to continue wasting tax payers money for this ongoing investigation.

BullsCloseHibs
05-04-2017, 03:47 PM
'YOU WILL BE ARRESTED' Top cop warns Rangers and Hibs Cup Final riot yobs that probe isn’t going away – despite it being one year on
Officers are continuing to investigate the chaos at Hampden Park as Detective Inspector Greig Wilkie promises there WILL be more arrests to come.

FOOTIE yobs who might believe they have escaped justice almost one year on from the Scottish Cup Final mayhem have been warned by cops that they could still face arrest.

Officers working for Operation Tonish are still probing incidents following Hibs’ clash with Rangers at Hampden Park and the detective in charge has promised there is more to come.

Detective Inspector Greig Wilkie said: “If we identify who you are and you were on that pitch causing violence or disorder – you will be getting arrested.

“I think people thought this investigation was maybe going to go away. But here we are 11 months down the line and it is not going away.

“There was public outrage and rightly so of what took place in that short period of time after the Scottish Cup Final.

Some of them handed themselves into police stations while others have been identified through the release of CCTV.

Last week we told how officers released 46 new mugshots obtained by CCTV of people they are hunting over last season’s riot.

DI Wilkietold the Evening Times: “The vast majority of the work is CCTV based. We had to grab and secure as much as we could.

“Once we grabbed it all, we put a system in place for it to be reviewed. Because of the volume of footage, it has taken us months.”

He added: “When we identify an act of violence or disorder, that is when the work really starts.

“We have to follow that person through every bit of media footage to get a full course of conduct of what they did.

“That is just one person, multiply that by every individual we identify who is involved in this enquiry on that specific day, and it shows you the massive amount of investigation which has to be done.”

We told last month how a Hibs fan who tried to punch Rangers star Lee Wallace during the mayhem dodged jail.

Dale Pryde climbed over fencing, ran towards the defender, acted aggressively and tried to punch him on the body.

In the Scottish Sun today, is this really in the public interest nearly a year on to continue wasting tax payers money for this ongoing investigation.

Yet not one single arrest after the derby outside The IB bar? Just a tad more voilent than the Dumpden scenes!

nickwhibs
05-04-2017, 03:50 PM
It's pathetic. An unbelievable overreaction.

Pretty Boy
05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Waste of time and money. It's just a witchhunt now.

H18 SFR
05-04-2017, 03:53 PM
They're getting desperate, they want folk to hand themselves in. It's straight out of the strike fear into folk handbook.

greenlex
05-04-2017, 03:56 PM
“There was public outrage and rightly so of what took place in that short period of time after the Scottish Cup Final."

er..............there wasnt really was there? There was Hun outrage but that was about it. Whata waste of time and money.
I actually think there will be more of a public outrage at the waste of public money at this nonsense and I am not joking in the slightest.

Ronniekirk
05-04-2017, 03:57 PM

Its now past the point where this can be justified imo simple as They must have identified the main violent culprits by now . There is no precedent for this action and i doubt it will be repeated
If this continues surely we as a Club and support should be asking questions as to why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James70
05-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Lots of expensive bike thefts going on where I live but try to get hold of a policeman? Just drive slightly over the speed limit and you'll soon find one! Surely their limited resources could be better spent than identifying and charging every fan who dared go on to the pitch that day. Any chance this could be politically motivated?

hibee
05-04-2017, 04:02 PM
This is beyond a joke now, you can't get the police to come out when you need them but they'll happily waste a year on this, pathetic.

southern hibby
05-04-2017, 04:03 PM
I would love to know if the clown in the suit who swung a kick at a Hibs fan has been caught or charged.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2017, 04:05 PM
There was more trouble at the end of the Morton game, surely we must be due a dozen or so arrests after that melee?

marinello59
05-04-2017, 04:07 PM
This has all been a spectacular waste of resources. Our politicians should be making noises about this now.

oldbutdim
05-04-2017, 04:10 PM
I would love to know if the clown in the suit who swung a kick at a Hibs fan has been caught or charged.

GGTTH

You and me both.

Not enough 'public outrage' about that one I suspect.

Not around Govan anyway.

snooky
05-04-2017, 04:13 PM

GGTTH

Regarding the Suitmeister, it's "All quiet on the western front" (to coin a phrase).
"Surprise, surprise" (to coin another).

Kato
05-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Detective Inspector Witch-Finder General Greig Wilkie

...fixed that bit ....

Killiehibbie
05-04-2017, 04:19 PM

GGTTH
Has his picture appeared in the 500 most wanted?

StevieCowan
05-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Yet not one single arrest after the derby outside The IB bar? Just a tad more voilent than the Dumpden scenes!

There were several in the 48hrs after that incident.

southsider
05-04-2017, 04:23 PM
They're getting desperate, they want folk to hand themselves in. It's straight out of the strike fear into folk handbook.

1984 alive and kicking. Pathetic. The chief constibable should be forced to stand for election each year so we can bomb him out for making an ar@e of this whole thing.

Bostonhibby
05-04-2017, 04:46 PM
We really did stir up a hornets nest by winning that cup, had the the rangers won their first ever Scottish cup and the the huns got on the pitch along with the Scottish cup FC and West of Scotland FC fans plod would have joined in the celebrations.

Come on Police Glasgow, give it a rest, its not exuberant Hibbies fault that Warburton signed a full back and centre halves that were nowhere to be seen when we scored the goals that won the cup.

There's real crime out there that doesn't involve sitting looking at CCTV and eating doughnuts.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Totally absurd, what a waste of public money and police time, so stupid.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-04-2017, 05:12 PM
[B]Detective Inspector Greig Wilkie

And I wonder what Glasgow based football team formed in 2012 he supports?

Get over it! Your team lost

This has to be brought up in the Scottish Parliament

Is it really in the public interest to keep pursuing this almost a year later?

And the total cost is.....

pacorosssco
05-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Cant wait till we face rangers again in this years showpiece.

Ich liebe Deek
05-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Good work by the police in reminding us all that we won the Scottish cup.

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 05:19 PM
The guy that had swing and a miss at the grass has been charged, but the guy who has a kick at the hibs fan escapes justice. That tells you all you need to know about this investigation.

Killiehibbie
05-04-2017, 05:24 PM
The guy that had swing and a miss at the grass has been charged, but the guy who has a kick at the hibs fan escapes justice. That tells you all you need to know about this investigation.Did anybody ever make a complaint and send them video evidence?

hibsbollah
05-04-2017, 05:26 PM
It's good to see minority groups, like the masons, still well represented in Scottish social society and are keeping themselves busy. A sure sign of a functioning pluralist democracy :aok:

Onion
05-04-2017, 05:27 PM
A costly witch-hunt around an unique occasion that will never be repeated, simply because Police Scotland, the SFA and Sevco were all embarrassed by their own performance and failed to take responsibility for their own part in the after match events. Shameful stuff, but in keeping with a country that openly condones and even encourages bigotry and sectarianism.

But, hey, lets look on the bright side, a lot of Hibs fans will think twice about invading the pitch when we beat Celtic in Final 2017 :aok:

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Did anybody ever make a complaint and send them video evidence?
I don't know, but they've been looking at videos for a year, they couldn't possibly have missed it.

CropleyWasGod
05-04-2017, 05:40 PM
The guy that had swing and a miss at the grass has been charged, but the guy who has a kick at the hibs fan escapes justice. That tells you all you need to know about this investigation.
Is that actually the case?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
05-04-2017, 05:42 PM
I don't know, but they've been looking at videos for a year, they couldn't possibly have missed it.

They seem to have managed quite a few prosecutions here without there being any obvious complainant - unless its the SFA themselves, imagine if the offending suit was one of their own or someone of the the rangers persuasion.

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Is that actually the case?

Possibly not, but a Rangers official being charged in connection with what happened would've surely made the news somewhere.

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 05:56 PM
They seem to have managed quite a few prosecutions here without there being any obvious complainant - unless its the SFA themselves, imagine if the offending suit was one of their own or someone of the the rangers persuasion.
He was a Rangers official I thought. Even better if he was an SFA official.

CropleyWasGod
05-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Possibly not, but a Rangers official being charged in connection with what happened would've surely made the news somewhere.
Was he an official, though? Thought that was just Hibs.net wishful thinking..
. 😀

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 06:01 PM
. 😀

He must've been, he came from the tunnel and had a kick at the hibs fan. It was right at the start of the pitch invasion. There weren't any Huns on the pitch at that stage.

wpj
05-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Thankfully there are no crimes in Scotland unsolved that they are able to concentrate on the shocking scenes at last year's cup final. Promotions must be in the post with such a clean up rate and national recognition of a force who have so little to do they pursue these vagabonds a year later. Proud!

Colr
05-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Is there a statute of limitations on pitch invasions? I'm ****ting it that I'll get lifted for being on the park in 1999!!

CropleyWasGod
05-04-2017, 06:10 PM
He must've been, he came from the tunnel and had a kick at the hibs fan. It was right at the start of the pitch invasion. There weren't any Huns on the pitch at that stage.
We must be talking about different incidents. The one I saw had the guy walking towards the tunnel, while the invasion was in full swing.

ancient hibee
05-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Clearly a plain clothes officer.

Northernhibee
05-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Consider the response to all complaints of coin (or worse) throwing, sectarian chanting etc that away fans endure at Ibrox and the way these are dealt with.

BullsCloseHibs
05-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Years of Strathclyde Police hurt from the greens from Edina 😆

ihibs7
05-04-2017, 07:15 PM
There was also a steward in front of the south stand that took a kick at a hibs fan at the final whistle. In fact I suspect if you watched the footage looking for authority assaults you would find more.

green day
05-04-2017, 07:16 PM
I don't have any real issue with them pursuing people involved in violence, especially as most were Huns.

However, what kinda gets my goat is that there have been about a dozen burglaries in my parents street in the last 2 years and zero arrests or much in the way of follow up.

Seems the long arm of the Weegie polis law doesn't stretch as far as Craigentinny.

Pretty Boy
05-04-2017, 07:18 PM
Next time we go to Ibrox we should all bombard Police Scotland with complaints about sectarianism, threatening behaviour, object being thrown and intimidation.

1000 phone calls on a Monday morning and surely they would have to do something about it......

Of course if they don't our esteemed press would surely have something to say about the Police ignoring such complaints.....

Sorry must go, a pig just flew by my window.

Deansy
05-04-2017, 07:36 PM
I wonder just how much this farce has cost the public-purse ?. Theoretically, even if the police somehow magically arrest each and every fan who was on the pitch, the total-sum of the fines collected for 'Assault/'Public disorder/Breach-of-the-peace' etc will never come anywhere near matching the costs of what is, in all truth, nothing more than a huge 'Facing-saving' exercise* for the Hun, concoted by the fat-f****r Jim Traynor !!??

When-oh-when is someone with common-sense going to step in and say 'STOP' - and then bill 'Level5' for this farce ??

* And it's a lie - proof of that is found in 'Hun-media', a more Hun-devoted, acid-tongued, hate-filled site you'd struggle to find. Their official 'Scottish Cup Final' thread on that day -

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/295233-the-official-rangers-vs-hibernian-thread/

- consists of 72 pages and is packed with the usual hatred and bile associated with the inbred posters to that site. All Huns, either at the game or watching it on the TV - LIVE !. They're watching it LIVE so being 'Hun-media' you'd expect the post-count to virtually double in anger and outrage as soon as they see their team being attacked by Hibees (some who even might be Kaffliks ??) yet NOT ONE of them mentions it, or even notices, any of their players being attacked ??. No-one mentions it until p70 when a Sun-'reporter' TELLS them that their players 'were attacked' !

'Six Rangers players and coach Davie Weir ATTACKED by Hibs yobs in Scottish Cup Final shame game'

It would appear that Traynor/level5's 'Speed of thought' and experience of telling outright lies caught the Hun-support napping that day, none of them knew about their players being attacked until they were TOLD they'd been attacked !

Sun article (lie, propaganda ..) on the 'attacks' ....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archives/football/158311/six-rangers-players-and-coach-davie-weir-attacked-by-hibs-yobs-in-scottish-cup-final-shame-game/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-ScottishSun-_-20160521-_-SunScotNews-_-474464418-_-Imageandlink [/quote]

Carheenlea
05-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I have been in the camp with those who wish the invasion hadn't happened, but this witch hunt has reached preposterous levels. As others have suggested, this can only be a deflection of their own mismanagement and incompetence in handling a major sporting event in Glasgow. One of my mates is a Rangers supporter, and he was at Hampden for their semi final against Celtic, and he said there was not a hope in hell of anyone getting on the park if they so wished - just look at pictures from the last minute in that game and the final. It's those who were in charge of the policing and stewarding that should be in the dock for their actions, not some over exuberant football supporters.

mcohibs
05-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Cathro's words of wisdom must surely be applied here...

If you take away the goal posts, did we really do that much damage?

overdrive
05-04-2017, 08:04 PM
I don't have any real issue with them pursuing people involved in violence, especially as most were Huns.

However, what kinda gets my goat is that there have been about a dozen burglaries in my parents street in the last 2 years and zero arrests or much in the way of follow up.

Seems the long arm of the Weegie polis law doesn't stretch as far as Craigentinny.

We had our windows smashed in a few weeks ago. It took four days for them to get back to us which consisted of them asking me over the phone "what's your date of birth?" and "what's your occupation"? That was apparently enough to write a crime report and then issue us with a crime incident number. I'd love to know how much has been spent on this investigation.

linlithgowhibbie
05-04-2017, 09:01 PM
And whilst all this is going on there are gangsters in Glasgow shooting each other outside schools and shopping centres and on roads.

Yet Police Scotland have 7 CID detectives (probably under the supervision of one Detective Sgt and reporting to a Detective Inspector who in turn updates his DCI) wasting their time and our tax money chasing footie fans the vast majority of whom were not punching kicking stabbing or shooting anyone!!!

This is Police internal politics being played:agree:

capitals_finest
05-04-2017, 09:08 PM
This is further evidence that Police Scotland are a shambles. Like others have said my mates house was broken into and it took over 3 days for a Policeman to visit. Nothing else has been done about it as far as they are aware.

eastcoasthibby
05-04-2017, 09:24 PM

What a fantastic job is now being done in rooting out minor offenders at the demand of a pissed off SFA ..is anyone investigating what police commander made the decision not to put police that were tucked away up the service tunnels into the rightful positions around the pitch to provide the visible barrier that would probably have prevented what happened taking place !!! No mention of this ...
I have no issue with aggressive and violent offending being taken to task, but there are hundreds of people every week in Scotland that walk away from much more serious offences than what is being dug out now. This is becoming a witch hunt that's fuelled by a unwillingness to accept that they have the worst offenders, whose driving it now ??

I was disgusted with events that day they spoiled to fair extent a great day and let the club down, but geez this is hitting the ridiculous level of response.

If we win the league people better screw the but in respect of any thoughts of pitch invasions, cos the club will get absolutely hammered and the police will then do the business again like this fast becoming fiasco !!!

Colr
05-04-2017, 09:32 PM
I have been in the camp with those who wish the invasion hadn't happened, but this witch hunt has reached preposterous levels. As others have suggested, this can only be a deflection of their own mismanagement and incompetence in handling a major sporting event in Glasgow. One of my mates is a Rangers supporter, and he was at Hampden for their semi final against Celtic, and he said there was not a hope in hell of anyone getting on the park if they so wished - just look at pictures from the last minute in that game and the final. It's those who were in charge of the policing and stewarding that should be in the dock for their actions, not some over exuberant football supporters.

Is ghis a massive deflection exercise? There are rumours that police where diverted from Hampden to Ibrox to police the parading of the cup but is there any evidence of this at all?

Newhaven
05-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Had this been brought to the attention of the fans reps?

This exercise has gone on long enough, they'll still be keeping it going in 2026 finger pointing.

The club are being dragged through the mud as the cost rises. Police Glasgow at their finest

silverhibee
05-04-2017, 11:10 PM

Who, the Rangers security officer who ran on to the pitch and kicked out at a Hibs fan, more than likely a ex copper from Glasgow now working for the huns, Govan police might not want to go after one of there own.

silverhibee
05-04-2017, 11:17 PM
. 😀

Several Rangers security officers ran on to the pitch at the end of the game, in some photos you can see them grabbing and pulling Hibs fans away, the one that kicked out at the Hibs fan has the same dress code as the security officers of Rangers security that ran on to the pitch, he should have been easily identified in this investigation.

silverhibee
05-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Clearly a plain clothes officer.

In a suit, i doubt it, he was a Rangers security officer.

snooky
05-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Who, the Rangers security officer who ran on to the pitch and kicked out at a Hibs fan, more than likely a ex copper from Glasgow now working for the huns, Govan police might not want to go after one of there own.

If true, it explains the whole scenario around the 'suit' and the lack of reporting about his attack.
Of all the video evidence I've seen, that footage is probably the clearest, as it's near the touchline.

NAE NOOKIE
05-04-2017, 11:48 PM
The actual number of fans who engaged in fighting on the pitch was tiny compared to the number of fans who were on it ..... to pursue them was reasonable, but surely by now the main culprits have been identified ..... even for the police there must come a time when the expense of an investigation cant be justified given the negligible results its likely to yield in A) ... serving the public interest ... and B) the operational impact of using resources that would be much better employed detecting and preventing much more serious crimes.

It seems to me that Police Glasgow have now reached the stage where they cant hide the fact that this isn't so much a criminal investigation as it is a lazy and easy way to bump up their arrest stats and not only that, with every passing day their obsession with the 'case' looks more and more like payback for the fact that they embarrassingly were caught with their pants down than an attempt to serve the public they are supposed to work for.

Perhaps when they have finished this episode of 'carry on constable' someone in authority should be asking why it was that at the end of what is arguably Scottish football's 3rd most volatile fixture behind the Old Firm and Edinburgh derbies was there barely a single police officer to be found within the confines of the stadium ....... if as they suggest their forces had been withdrawn to police Huns leaving the ground then the obvious inference is that the decision to do that was either an operational error or they had miscalculated the number of officers they should have had at the game in the first place.

silverhibee
06-04-2017, 12:14 AM
[/B]
If true, it explains the whole scenario around the 'suit' and the lack of reporting about his attack.
Of all the video evidence I've seen, that footage is probably the clearest, as it's near the touchline.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-moment-blazer-kicks-out-8034988

Only link i can find. :rolleyes:

snooky
06-04-2017, 12:22 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-moment-blazer-kicks-out-8034988

When I said reporting I meant as a follow up to whether he's been caught and/or charged.
As far as I know the polis haven't put his photo on their 'year book' page, (yet).

SouthMoroccoStu
06-04-2017, 05:12 AM

This one and the two the Rangers fans who tried to grab the hibs kid on the pitch

This is a far more worrying and sinister situation that warrants further investigation

Barney McGrew
06-04-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm just surprised none of the forward thinking and completely unbiased Media in Scotland have thought to raise an FOI request to see just how much money this valuable use of Police resources has cost :hmmm:

Smartie
06-04-2017, 08:16 AM
I'm just surprised none of the forward thinking and completely unbiased Media in Scotland have thought to raise an FOI request to see just how much money this valuable use of Police resources has cost :hmmm:

To be fair to the Sun, does the last line in the OP not refer to an editorial comment where they are seriously questioning the value of continuing the witch hunt (probably motivated by the fact that in reality it is probably an increasing number of "bears" getting lifted)?

frazeHFC
06-04-2017, 08:48 AM
It's an absolute farce. The amount of cases that have been taken to court and then dropped shows how much of a waste of time it is. Missing persons, paedophiles out there etc but only in this country would they spend so much time looking for a bunch of football fans..

Col2
06-04-2017, 08:54 AM
The sheer arrogance of the DCI/equivalent in the original quote is incredible.

Talk about playing to the audience, it's like in the The Rangers ranting statements from Level 5.

But it meets Police Scotland criteria aka High Profle(look at me)/ Low Danger (sit on fat ass work) investigations.

Steve20
06-04-2017, 09:35 AM
So this is what the Police do with their time. I take it they've got the entire force on it because they do **** all else. Never there when you need them. Useless.

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-04-2017, 10:00 AM
With all the CCTV & TV footage, all the police are doing is showing their absolute ineptitude now.

What a laughing stalk.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-04-2017, 10:14 AM
I have a friend in the police and he has just been placed on a team tasked at looking at the footage. Almost a year ago

hibsbollah
06-04-2017, 10:27 AM
The more contact I have with the police the worse impression I get. Underfunding has nothing to do with it, they're corrupt, and when they're not corrupt they're useless.

And I have family in PS as well.

Since90+2
06-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Are people being charged under the Offensive behaviour at Football act? An act that the Scottish Parliament recently voted to repeal?

Must just be a coincidence that a level of investigation and arrests made never previously seen in Scotland is happening at the same time as that bill is currently looking like being scrapped. Must be.

BullsCloseHibs
06-04-2017, 10:34 AM

Any member of the public can request an FOI for free. And they HAVE to deliver it.

weecounty hibby
06-04-2017, 04:20 PM
I was told by a Hun friend who is a polis in the weedge that they had been strategically withdrawn from Hampden to go to known flashpoints around the stadium where both sets of fans could meet up. He also confirmed that they couldn't get back to Hampden as some of the Hun masses were stopping them getting through. He told me that for the semi against Celtic there was intelligence that there was a possibility of a pitch invasion should the Hun be getting beat and had measures in lace to prevent it. This whole thing smacks of total embarrassment at the shambles of the policing/event management from police Scotland and SFA. Total waste of time and money

green day
06-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Any member of the public can request an FOI for free. And they HAVE to deliver it.

I asked 2 months ago and got a complete stonewall response.

GreenArmyyy!
06-04-2017, 05:53 PM

GGTTH

Not sure about the fud in the suit but my best mate was the guy he attempted to kick and he has been summoned by the police. If that's what they are arresting people for then this will be going on for a long time yet.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Not sure about the fud in the suit but my best mate was the guy he attempted to kick and he has been summoned by the police. If that's what they are arresting people for then this will be going on for a long time yet.

I suspect your mate just needs to lodge a complaint of assault along the same lines as the Lee Wallace one where the fatal blow never actually connected then badger police Glasgow for updates on how their enquiry is going. If it goes nowhere make a complaint against Police Glasgow where an external force are normally appointed.

southern hibby
06-04-2017, 07:55 PM

Advise your mate to make sure he puts in his statement about the guy and ask them if they are pursuing him or if he has been charged/ caught

GGTTH

HappyAsHellas
07-04-2017, 11:49 PM
I wrote to them enquiring as to how much this was costing the taxpayer but to date have yet to get a reply. If I ever do I will let you know, but don't hold your breath.

FilipinoHibs
08-04-2017, 01:30 AM
Only 39 arrests at the worst riots in Britain for 30 years.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_UEFA_Cup_Final_riots

Jack
08-04-2017, 09:09 AM
I asked 2 months ago and got a complete stonewall response.

Are there no grounds for an appeal?

Jack
08-04-2017, 09:18 AM
I wrote to them enquiring as to how much this was costing the taxpayer but to date have yet to get a reply. If I ever do I will let you know, but don't hold your breath.

The rules around FoI mean that an enquiry needn't mention FoI for it to be considered one. Indeed it should be treated as a FoI and a response issued within 20 days.

You should write, email counts, to them again saying you expected a response within 20 days. It might be helpful to include a copy of the original correspondence ... however you might not want to be that helpful and cause maximum disruption.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-freedom-of-information/receiving-a-request/

The Green Goblin
08-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Before and during the game, we were wondering where all the police were. It was a talking point with our group. It was weird. Surely these officers and the money involved would be put to much better use elsewhere. Making themselves look a bit silly now.

green day
08-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Are there no grounds for an appeal?

"Dear Mr Craig

Thank you for your email below regarding the cost of the investigation into the pitch invasion following the Scottish Cup Final last year.

As your request relates to operational police matters, it is possible that Police Scotland may have information of relevance to your request. Therefore, if you have not done so already, you may wish to consider approaching them directly.

The link below takes you to the ‘contact us’ page on the Police Scotland website where you can register your request.
http://www.scotland.police.uk/contact-us/contact-us-form

I hope you find this helpful."

Perhaps my error going to Scot Gov rather than the plod.

I have now asked Ian Murray, my MP (who, although a jambo, understands this issue)

Thegreenside
08-04-2017, 11:49 AM
If they plan on arresting everyone that was one the pitch where does there age old arguement on the sectarian front. 'What do you want us to do arrest everyone in the stand?' ****bags

hibsbollah
08-04-2017, 12:10 PM
"Dear Mr Craig

Thank you for your email below regarding the cost of the investigation into the pitch invasion following the Scottish Cup Final last year.

As your request relates to operational police matters, it is possible that Police Scotland may have information of relevance to your request. Therefore, if you have not done so already, you may wish to consider approaching them directly.

The link below takes you to the ‘contact us’ page on the Police Scotland website where you can register your request.

I have now asked Ian Murray, my MP (who, although a jambo, understands this issue)

Ian Murray? I wouldn't hold your breath.

Jack
08-04-2017, 12:13 PM
"Dear Mr Craig

Yeah. Good idea to write to the police as they will have the information.

Good on you for involving your MP. However as police matters are devolved in Scotland your enquiry should have been directed to you MSP. If the jambo is a good guy he will either take it up with the MSP or pass it on whoever it is.

If he just says it's not me take it up with your MSP you'll know he's a jambo bawbag:-)

Deansy
08-04-2017, 12:25 PM

Hopefully your mate's got a lawyer and he takes the TV-Clip of HIM being assaulted (by what could be an official) to him. Maybe even mention to the lawyer about putting it into the media asking for witnesses ............... :wink:

In all seriousness, it IS about time this incident IS highlighted in the media - Hibs as a club have had nothing but grief over these lies and all because the Hun-s*um lost a game they needed to win so they could say they 'were back' !

Bishop Hibee
08-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Meanwhile sectarian singing by fans of The Rangers is on the increase and nothing is done. Graham Speirs has a pop at them in The Times today. There's a thread on Follow Follow where the Rangers fans are arguing among themselves whether it's acceptable. Authorities both in footballl and beyond ignoring it.

One Day Soon
08-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Ian Murray? I wouldn't hold your breath.

Why?

--------
08-04-2017, 04:21 PM

Absolutely shocking. :agree:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of people running onto the playing surface and why they did so and what exactly happened - and there are various different opinion s about such things, it's very clear that this is Police Scotland valiantly working their size 14 socks off to deflect the attention of the general population to the FACT that there would have been no problem at all at Hampden that afternoon if THEY (that's Police Scotland) had had sufficient police and stewards IN THE STADIUM at full time to police the event properly.

Why were there so few police and stewards trackside as the match drew to a close?

They had been in evidence in the stadium earlier - where were they when they were needed?

Had they assumed that with the match at 2-1 to The Rangers it was all over, and that the Hibernian support would quietly slink off home after yet another Hampden defeat?

Did they consider even for one moment that a football match isn't over till the final whistle, and that 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go could never be considered over?

They must have got quite a fright when we equalised. But they still had plenty of time to deploy their people - why didn't they?

Fine - blame the fans, especially the Hibs fans.

It takes the heat over the Match Commander and the FIVE Safety Officers (one each for the SFA, the SPFL, Hampden Park/Queen's Park FC, Hibernian FC, and The Rangers FC) who were apparently all sitting in a row in the South Stand watching the whole sanguinary mess unfold.

Of course, the match was being played under the banner of the SFA and Hampden Park, but the primary authority in the stadium was as always the police, who clearly fouled up most spectacularly. Why has nobody challenged the conduct and decision-making of the senior police officer in charge?

the police were responsible for the peace in that stadium. The reason people got onto the pitch at all was the almost complete lack of a police presence in the stadium, around the pitch and on the track at the final whistle.

Whoever was in charge should be named, shamed, and sacked.

One might almost think that a whole lot of Scottish Police officers had a bias towards The Rangers, and that SP are still jumping to the tune started by Fat Jim Traynor and his pals within five minutes of FT that sunny afternoon ....

hibsbollah
08-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Why?

I make a point of not criticising individuals online, because they have no immediate right of reply. It's only fair.

But he's a complete ****ing throbbing helmet of a man.

weecounty hibby
08-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Spoke to my cousin who is an ex polis of over 30 years about this today. He,like me, is a rugby man but unlike me has no interest in football whatsoever. His opinion is that it is completely down to institutional bigotry within the police and that it is purely because Hibs beat Rangers. Any other team beaten and it would have been left well alone. As I say he has no axe to grind about der hun as he has no interest in football but he does have a lot of experience of the police force

DH1875
09-04-2017, 12:38 AM
I see that Sheffield Utd and Doncaster both had massive pitch invasions today. Wonder what the outcomes will be? 100s arrested, I think not.

Mike Berry
09-04-2017, 12:56 AM
The whole thing is an embarrassing waste of public money. There's an extensive mythology that's developed amongst Sevco fans, and this just seems to be trying bolster and justify the whole deluded narrative. People up in court for "gesturing", just so as they can bump up the Hibee arrest numbers. If it wasn't for the fact that it would waste even more public money, I'd say there should be an inquiry into the way Police Scotland have behaved.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
09-04-2017, 08:28 AM
If they plan on arresting everyone that was one the pitch where does there age old arguement on the sectarian front. 'What do you want us to do arrest everyone in the stand?' ****bags

Very good point, there isn't the will to do so.

JimBHibees
09-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Absolutely shocking. :agree:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of people running onto the playing surface and why they did so and what exactly happened - and there are various different opinion s about such things, it's very clear that this is Police Scotland valiantly working their size 14 socks off to deflect the attention of the general population to the FACT that there would have been no problem at all at Hampden that afternoon if THEY (that's Police Scotland) had had sufficient police and stewards IN THE STADIUM at full time to police the event properly.

Why were there so few police and stewards trackside as the match drew to a close?

They had been in evidence in the stadium earlier - where were they when they were needed?

Had they assumed that with the match at 2-1 to The Rangers it was all over, and that the Hibernian support would quietly slink off home after yet another Hampden defeat?

Did they consider even for one moment that a football match isn't over till the final whistle, and that 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go could never be considered over?

They must have got quite a fright when we equalised. But they still had plenty of time to deploy their people - why didn't they?

Fine - blame the fans, especially the Hibs fans.

It takes the heat over the Match Commander and the FIVE Safety Officers (one each for the SFA, the SPFL, Hampden Park/Queen's Park FC, Hibernian FC, and The Rangers FC) who were apparently all sitting in a row in the South Stand watching the whole sanguinary mess unfold.

Of course, the match was being played under the banner of the SFA and Hampden Park, but the primary authority in the stadium was as always the police, who clearly fouled up most spectacularly. Why has nobody challenged the conduct and decision-making of the senior police officer in charge?

the police were responsible for the peace in that stadium. The reason people got onto the pitch at all was the almost complete lack of a police presence in the stadium, around the pitch and on the track at the final whistle.

Whoever was in charge should be named, shamed, and sacked.

One might almost think that a whole lot of Scottish Police officers had a bias towards The Rangers, and that SP are still jumping to the tune started by Fat Jim Traynor and his pals within five minutes of FT that sunny afternoon ....

Absolutely spot on. Authorities really haven't learned much from events in the past when it comes to accepting responsibility. Much better to blame the plebs and justify their inactions by saying they did all they could.

Steve-O
09-04-2017, 08:52 AM
Not sure about Scotland but prosecutions in New Zealand have to be in the public interest. Surely we're way past that point now with this pish?

Mike Berry
09-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Not sure about Scotland but prosecutions in New Zealand have to be in the public interest. Surely we're way past that point now with this pish?
Bang on. Same principle should apply here.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Jack
10-04-2017, 09:59 PM
There's enough Hibbies are MSPs, both in government and opposition, probably more sevcovians.

Is it time that we, the support, dare I say it joined forces with them?

There's more than a few among our own that have suggested this witch hunt has been politically motivated. Maybe the supporters need to motivate the politicians?

Firstly, has anyone ever approached a hun website that might be up for collaboration?

Secondly does anyone have a list of a) Hibs friendly MSPs b) enough cyberspace for a list of their MSPs?

silverhibee
11-04-2017, 08:53 PM
:faf:

BLACK AND BLUES Rangers fan who punched and kicked fellow light blues supporter during Cup Final pitch brawl with Hibs dodges jail
Teenage thug Benjamin Taylor, 18, kicked the Gers supporter on the ground before sticking two fingers up at the police and yelling abuse at them

A RANGERS fan who attacked a fellow light blues supporter during the pitch invasion after last year’s Scottish Cup final has dodged jail.

Benjamin Taylor, 18, ran on to the field at Hampden Park last May 21 after the final whistle when Hibs beat Rangers 3-2

The thug ran towards a group of mixed supporters then punched and kicked a Rangers fan who was on the ground during shameful scenes.

Taylor gestured towards others to “come on then” and stuck two fingers up at the police before yelling abuse at them.

The teenager from Tranent, East Lothian, pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to an offence contrary to the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act as well as assaulting the unknown Rangers fan.

Today sheriff Tony Kelly handed Taylor a community payback order with the condition he must carry out 300 hours of unpaid work in a year.

Colr
11-04-2017, 09:00 PM
I see that Sheffield Utd and Doncaster both had massive pitch invasions today. Wonder what the outcomes will be? 100s arrested, I think not.

Such matters are devolved. Police Scotland are employing a Scottish interpretation of the situation.

snooky
11-04-2017, 09:12 PM

BLACK AND BLUES Rangers fan who punched and kicked fellow light blues supporter during Cup Final pitch brawl with Hibs dodges jail
Teenage thug Benjamin Taylor, 18, kicked the Gers supporter on the ground before sticking two fingers up at the police and yelling abuse at them

A RANGERS fan who attacked a fellow light blues supporter during the pitch invasion after last year’s Scottish Cup final has dodged jail.

Benjamin Taylor, 18, ran on to the field at Hampden Park last May 21 after the final whistle when Hibs beat Rangers 3-2

The thug ran towards a group of mixed supporters then punched and kicked a Rangers fan who was on the ground during shameful scenes.

Taylor gestured towards others to “come on then” and stuck two fingers up at the police before yelling abuse at them.

The teenager from Tranent, East Lothian, pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to an offence contrary to the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act as well as assaulting the unknown Rangers fan.

Today sheriff Tony Kelly handed Taylor a community payback order with the condition he must carry out 300 hours of unpaid work in a year.

Jeez, that's a belter.

Earlydelivery
11-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Jeez, that's a belter.
That's the second Hun from Tranent done now .

marinello59
11-04-2017, 09:15 PM

And his legal fees were probably funded by his fellow ****wit Sevconian fans . Superb.

ancient hibee
11-04-2017, 09:16 PM
Was this an inter lodge fracas?

--------
11-04-2017, 09:27 PM
When one considers the terrorist alarm situation in Europe generally and in the UK in particular right now, the amount of police time and manpower involved in hunting down the evil Hibbie hooligans - almost a year on, forsooth - is scandalous.

Nae wonder you can never get a polisman in Lanarkshire ...

:fuming:

Bostonhibby
11-04-2017, 09:32 PM
That's the second Hun from Tranent done now .
Two the huns in Tranent you say? Maybe they should hook up so this one can batter the other one?

Bellend of a boy by the sound of it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
12-04-2017, 02:55 AM
Such matters are devolved. Police Scotland are employing a Hun interpretation of the situation.

Fixed that for you. :greengrin

CentreLine
12-04-2017, 05:45 AM
When one considers the terrorist alarm situation in Europe generally and in the UK in particular right now, the amount of police time and manpower involved in hunting down the evil Hibbie hooligans - almost a year on, forsooth - is scandalous.

Nae wonder you can never get a polisman in Lanarkshire ...

:fuming:

Not a polisman in Lanarkshire. And people think we have an EU immigration problem. Tell that to the Brexiters 🤣

GreenArmyyy!
12-04-2017, 08:30 AM
One thing you guys may or may not know is that if the police do summon you, whether you hand yourself in or they come for you, you are made to stay overnight in a holding cell in Govan before going to court next day. Doesn't matter whether the crime is violence related or not.

Complete overkill and frankly just makes it blatantly obvious that Police Scotland are embarrassed at the way they dealt with the day itself. They wonder why people are reluctant to deal with them or don't like them....

silverhibee
12-04-2017, 09:35 AM
One thing you guys may or may not know is that if the police do summon you, whether you hand yourself in or they come for you, you are made to stay overnight in a holding cell in Govan before going to court next day. Doesn't matter whether the crime is violence related or not.

Complete overkill and frankly just makes it blatantly obvious that Police Scotland are embarrassed at the way they dealt with the day itself. They wonder why people are reluctant to deal with them or don't like them....

That's why they come looking for you on the Friday, locked up all weekend.

One Day Soon
12-04-2017, 09:55 AM
I make a point of not criticising individuals online, because they have no immediate right of reply. It's only fair.

But he's a complete ****ing throbbing helmet of a man.

You already did criticise him online - twice now in fact without giving even a shred of evidence as to why.

I ask the question because I know of one family and one individual who have approached him for help as their MP and who speak of him in glowing terms. And neither of these two cases are Labour voters either (or at least they weren't at the point he helped them).

Is your objection to him just political?