PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick’s Branch meeting with Kevin Thomson Q and A..... Questions

GORDONSMITH7
05-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Our next St. Patrick’s Branch meeting will take place on Thursday 13th April, at 7.30 in the Hibernian Supporters Association Club, Sunnyside.

Following the Branch business we are delighted to have Kevin Thomson along to do a Q and A for Branch members.

Could any .netters wishing to ask a question to Kevin please post them here and Kevin will willingly try to answer. The Q and A will be filmed as all our Q and A's and Hibernian FC related events that we initiate are, for the wider Hibernian support to enjoy. Questions/comments from dafties will be ignored, a bit gravitas would be appreciated.

More.....

http://www.stpats.club/category/news/

BIG G (Gordon McKinley)

Branch Secretary

green day
05-04-2017, 07:20 AM
Cheers for that.

"You have set up your own academy. Do you see yourself down the line as a coach or a manager and why?

Reason for the question is the media's fascination with the likes of Cathro (seen as a supercoach) becoming a manager, and all the fallout from that."

3pm
05-04-2017, 08:42 AM
As a TV pundit, does Kevin think Hertz would be as good as Celtic if the game / league was played without goalposts?

Pretty Boy
05-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Do you have any regrets about the way you left Hibs 1st time around?

(That's not meant as stirring btw, I'd be genuinely interested to know if he felt he handled it well, had to take any blame etc).

Since90+2
05-04-2017, 08:49 AM
From his time at Hibs who would he say was the best player he has played with?

Smartie
05-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Many players have spoken of a step up in the intensity of training and the fitness levels required when leaving Hibs for the Old Firm.

Was this your experience, why do you think this is, and is it acceptable for Hibs to accept a lower standard than Celtic or Rangers?

superfurryhibby
05-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Ask Kevin why he thinks the code of silence is prevalent in Scottish football? Former players rarely speak about what happens inside a club (ie: Butcher's disasterous reign at Hibs). Is there a fear of being excluded from work in the future?

Can we also ask Kevin about how much coaching styles vary with the coaches he's played under and to what extent tactics made a difference in the teams he played with?

NAE NOOKIE
05-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Like many Hibs fans I wasn't all that happy to see KT back at Hibs, not just because of what went before, but because I genuinely thought he was a backward step in a club I wanted to see move on from the previous seasons.

I was wrong for one reason ...... I will never forget his brilliant header off the line in the last minute at Tynecastle, without that there would have been no 2 - 0 and you f'kd it up, no legendary Conrad Logan heroics in the semi, no Henderson to delivaaaah .............. no cup ............ please pass on my appreciation :aok:

Leith's finest
05-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Did he honestly not pick up wages when he returned? What did he think of butcher/malpas? Still think he was a cracking player for us and should be involved some where at east mains

18Hibee75
05-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Who is the best manager you have ever worked with and why?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Smartie
05-04-2017, 11:35 AM
If he could have a "square go" with anyone he encountered during his career, who would it be and why?

Captain Trips
05-04-2017, 11:39 AM
How far did you get on your M8 crawl?

Peevemor
05-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Our next St. Patrick’s Branch meeting will take place on Thursday 13th April, at 7.30 in the Hibernian Supporters Association Club, Sunnyside.

Following the Branch business we are delighted to have Kevin Thomson along to do a Q and A for Branch members.

Could any .netters wishing to ask a question to Kevin please post them here and Kevin will willingly try to answer. The Q and A will be filmed as all our Q and A's and Hibernian FC related events that we initiate are, for the wider Hibernian support to enjoy. Questions/comments from dafties will be ignored, a bit gravitas would be appreciated.

More.....

http://www.stpats.club/category/news/

BIG G (Gordon McKinley)

Branch Secretary

Excellent - I really enjoyed the Joe T session.

For KT - As a player who was with Hibs both before and after Leeann Dempster's arrival, what are the most noticeable behind the scenes changes?

Stoney Hibee
05-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Did he ever get a cup winners medal? His contribution at Tynecastle was invaluable and he deserves it.

snooky
05-04-2017, 12:20 PM
How much actual imput did he have regarding his DR column?
Did he sit down with KJ and discuss it or did KJ write it and let him proof read it?
Just curious.
And the big question is of course, given the controversy it caused, why do it in the first place? (£££££££ :dunno:)

Swedish hibee
05-04-2017, 12:20 PM
What 3 things would he change about the structure of Scottish football?

What is his views why young players at Hibs are not coming through the ranks as he did?

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2017, 12:46 PM
How far did you get on your M8 crawl?

Just over 4 and a half hours. Not bad - when I first saw this thread this morning I thought it would've been a lot sooner than that.

lucky
05-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Are football agents necessary in Scottish football?

Deansy
05-04-2017, 01:10 PM
How, as a Hibs-supporter, coud you sign for the Hun ?. They're everything about the game/life that Hibs are most definitely not !

hughio
05-04-2017, 01:22 PM
What 3 things would he change about the structure of Scottish football?

What is his views why young players at Hibs are not coming through the ranks as he did?

:agree:

GORDONSMITH7
05-04-2017, 02:50 PM
As a TV pundit, does Kevin think Hertz would be as good as Celtic if the game / league was played without goalposts?

Ha,ha I will let you ask that personally to one of your all time heroes when you come along with yer auld man R.

GGTTH

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7
05-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Like many Hibs fans I wasn't all that happy to see KT back at Hibs, not just because of what went before, but because I genuinely thought he was a backward step in a club I wanted to see move on from the previous seasons.

I was wrong for one reason ...... I will never forget his brilliant header off the line in the last minute at Tynecastle, without that there would have been no 2 - 0 and you f'kd it up, no legendary Conrad Logan heroics in the semi, no Henderson to delivaaaah .............. no cup ............ please pass on my appreciation :aok:

Will do mate.:thumbsup:

BIG G

Viva_Palmeiras
05-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Many players have spoken of a step up in the intensity of training and the fitness levels required when leaving Hibs for the Old Firm.

Was this your experience, why do you think this is, and is it acceptable for Hibs to accept a lower standard than Celtic or Rangers?

Great question! Mibbie Kev can also say whether we've managed to close some of the gap at any point.

Is It On....
05-04-2017, 05:54 PM
Ask Kevin why he thinks the code of silence is prevalent in Scottish football? Former players rarely speak about what happens inside a club (ie: Butcher's disasterous reign at Hibs). Is there a fear of being excluded from work in the future?

Can we also ask Kevin about how much coaching styles vary with the coaches he's played under and to what extent tactics made a difference in the teams he played with?

I too would love to hear about "The Butcher" and his partner in crime Malpass. Particularly when the type of man management style employed by them really started to get to players if, for no other reason, we know what to look for to try to avoid a similar type of cultures in the future.

Hibeesmad
05-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Where do you think Hibs would have finished in the league if Pat Fenlon stayed on as Hibs manager until the end of the season.

3pm
05-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Ha,ha I will let you ask that personally to one of your all time heroes when you come along with yer auld man R.

GGTTH

BIG G

We'll be there, G!

Sammy7nil
05-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Just over 4 and a half hours. Not bad - when I first saw this thread this morning I thought it would've been a lot sooner than that.

An Edinburgh to Glasgow crawl on broken glass in four and a half hours that is good going :wink:

GORDONSMITH7
05-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Some smashing questions there. Thank you.

BIG G

Viva_Palmeiras
07-04-2017, 06:37 AM
I remember you and Broony laughing a playing keepy-uppie in the warm up prior to the Rangers game - the game where you scored!

I remembered thinking I needed to savour these moments because it was special. Did it feel a special time to you (guess you were young and probably your "normal") and you seemed to go out expecting to beat the Old Firm - what was the feeling in the team?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-04-2017, 06:38 AM
Stubbsy or Mogga?

GORDONSMITH7
07-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Stubbsy or Mogga?

That question has been put forward by a few folk. Will ask Viva.

BIG G

3pm
13-04-2017, 09:29 PM
That was a good night. KT is a top gadj!

keep the faith
13-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Be great to hear some of his answers.

KT always comes across well and is a real ambassador for our club.

FranckSuzy
14-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Many thanks to Kevin for donating his fee from last night's meeting towards KfK tickets. Hibs class indeed 👍💚

3pm
14-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Many thanks to Kevin for donating his fee from last night's meeting towards KfK tickets. Hibs class indeed 👍💚

That's brilliant, Suzy.