PDA

View Full Version : Under 20s

21sMay
05-04-2017, 12:43 AM
With crane,Martin,Shaw and maybe even portues(sp) and Gullan. Is their a chance we will see these guys make some appearances if the league is tied up, giving them a chance to grab a place in next season's squad?

Brightside
05-04-2017, 07:06 AM
Shaw and Porteous are on loan. Ive no idea why people continually say we should be playing them...we can't! I agree on Martin and Crane. I'd have like to have seen both in there a long time ago. Crane as LWB would be great.

superfurryhibby
05-04-2017, 07:55 AM
Shaw and Porteous are on loan. Ive no idea why people continually say we should be playing them...we can't! I agree on Martin and Crane. I'd have like to have seen both in there a long time ago. Crane as LWB would be great.

Strange response. Crane has done nothing to suggest he is close to replacing Stevenson and Martin isn't better than any of the central players we have. I would be very surprised if either of these lads establish themselves at Hibs

oconnors_strip
05-04-2017, 07:55 AM
Crane is injured and out for the rest of the season unfortunately

Brightside
05-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Crane is injured and out for the rest of the season unfortunately

Whats up with him? He seemed OK at the sponsors night?

Baldy Foghorn
05-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Whats up with him? He seemed OK at the sponsors night?

He damaged ligaments in under 20 match at Kilmarnock

Tamhere1875
05-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Strange response. Crane has done nothing to suggest he is close to replacing Stevenson and Martin isn't better than any of the central players we have. I would be very surprised if either of these lads establish themselves at Hibs

Won't be seeing Crain in the near future as he's out injured as for Scott Martin he's definitely one who will make the grade.

SMAXXA
05-04-2017, 10:02 AM

Maybe some people don't know that, chill out

21sMay
05-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Shaw and porteous being out on loan obviously prevents them making any appearances. You understand what I mean in general though, do u think we are likely to see any youngsters in the team if we wrap the title up quick enough

Mathias Jack
05-04-2017, 02:01 PM
To clear up any confusion here, and as not stated before, they're on development loans. Which means they can still play for our under 20's, whilst out gaining first team experience at Edinburgh City.

Onceinawhile
05-04-2017, 02:03 PM

It's been brought up about 45 times about Shaw being on loan.

SMAXXA
05-04-2017, 02:06 PM
It's been brought up about 45 times about Shaw being on loan.

Maybe someone's missed it 45 times or they have just joined the site.

EVENTUALLY
05-04-2017, 03:04 PM

Martin could easily challenge Fyvie for a midfield berth. He doesn't have the same physical strength as Bartley but he is combative, quicker and more forward thinking when in possession than Marvin. He did very well earlier in the season and will feature next season much more often IMHO.

calumhibee1
05-04-2017, 03:28 PM
I would doubt we'll see much of them if we get to the cup final. If we beat Aberdeen then we'll already be looking at a 3 week layoff until the final. No point in resting players and having them not play for even longer.

indiejak1413
05-04-2017, 07:38 PM
I expect Martin and more so Crane won't have much if any game time this season. Both will probably go out on loan next season as they both need 1st team football. They've both been patient this season and have done nothing wrong when they've been called upon. Shame really as I'd liked to have seen more of them in the 1st team games but promotion this season comes 1st.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
05-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Martin could easily challenge Fyvie for a midfield berth. He doesn't have the same physical strength as Bartley but he is combative, quicker and more forward thinking when in possession than Marvin. He did very well earlier in the season and will feature next season much more often IMHO.

I don't see Martin featuring much more next year. He's been fine in his appearances but not much more than that IMO. We need to improve when we go up and I think the midfielders we have are still well ahead of him. Debatable whether they'll all be here next season but I don't see us losing any of them and replacing them with someone who's only started 3 or 4 games in the championship.

Golden Bear
05-04-2017, 08:12 PM

I agree, the lad did very well in the games he featured and did enough to merit inclusion in some of our remaining fixtures.

Unseen work
05-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Martin has just turned 20 yesterday.

He is a very good young player however difficult for him to get games this season owing to the pressure on us to go up and competition.

I think with Mcginn likely to leave in the summer he will get a good opportunity which he will take.

21sMay
05-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Neil Lennon seems keen on fraser Murray so we may see him at some point

Pretty Boy
06-04-2017, 06:08 AM
Scott Martin has been the stand out player in the development team in recent seasons. I'd like to see him get a run in the side when we finally get the league won to try and show what he can do. He's done fine when playing this season but maybe playing within himself a bit.

This has been about as far from an ideal season to blood youngsters as it's possible to get so hopefully next year we see a few more opportunities.

wookie70
06-04-2017, 07:54 AM
The sooner we get the league won and can get the bairns a few games the better. Martin in particular looks like he could play a similar role to Bartley but be a bit more forward thinking and move the ball quicker. No idea why he has had so few games.

Ozyhibby
06-04-2017, 08:21 AM
At 20 year old Martin should have forced his way into the team by now and not be waiting in line for us winning the league. It's not looking good for him to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
06-04-2017, 08:47 AM
At 20 year old Martin should have forced his way into the team by now and not be waiting in line for us winning the league. It's not looking good for him to be honest.

Or the manager is scared to pitch in what he classes as a youngster and will stick with more mature yet lesser footballers like Bartley. Only Lennon knows why Scot Martin hasn't featured more as he has done nothing wrong when called upon.

flash
06-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Or the manager is scared to pitch in what he classes as a youngster and will stick with more mature yet lesser footballers like Bartley. Only Lennon knows why Scot Martin hasn't featured more as he has done nothing wrong when called upon.

Bartley will do for me thanks. It's the creative players around him who have blown hot and cold far too often.

Andy74
06-04-2017, 09:22 AM

I know why as well - not just Lennon. He simply isn't better than the players in front of him yet.

Young players can't just get chucked in because they came from the youth team, they need to be better than the players in front of them.

If you think Martin is currently a better player than Bartley then its not really worth discussing this one.

Ozyhibby
06-04-2017, 09:51 AM
I don't really have an opinion on how good Scott Martin is as I've not really seen him play but normally by the time a young player is 20 he is making it very hard to leave him out. That hasn't happened here.
Without checking, I'm sure there have been times this season when neither Bartley or Fyvie have been on the pitch and the manager has still not put him in. That does not bode well for him.

superfurryhibby
06-04-2017, 09:53 AM
I know why as well - not just Lennon. He simply isn't better than the players in front of him yet.

Young players can't just get chucked in because they came from the youth team, they need to be better than the players in front of them.

If you think Martin is currently a better player than Bartley then its not really worth discussing this one.

Much as we all love to see guys from the young team progress through to the 1st team, this is the bottom line.

Martin has looked tidy enough on the few occasions I've seen him, but he hasn't done enough to make me think he is better than Fyvie or Bartley.

On the basis of three or four first team appearances, I can't quite understand how anybody can think Martin or Crane are better than the first team regulars they compete with. I would suggest that this view is based more on wishful thinking than reality.

If they were better than what we have, I am pretty sure Lennon would have them in the team long before now, he's not daft!

wookie70
06-04-2017, 11:26 AM
I can't see Fyvie or Bartley getting better playing 10 championship games but Martin may well improve with time playing first team football. If he is the same then what is the risk. When he has played he doesn't do much wrong so with more games he could end up better than what we have. Never know if he doesn't get the chance. If he is a stick out for the U20s then that is about as far as he can take it. It is down to Lennon to decide if he deserves a chance. He may be trying to protect Scott or just thinks he isn't good enough. No way of knowing.

B.H.F.C
06-04-2017, 12:36 PM

Agree with this. I still think he's a bit short of the level those in front of him are at.

He's done fine when he's had a chance but nothing more than that.

Wheat Hound
06-04-2017, 06:07 PM
1-0 to Celtc after 5 mins

bubblesmorrison
06-04-2017, 06:11 PM

If they don't know they are out on loan what do they really know about the player being good enough?

hibs0666
06-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Think the tims are 2 up

Wheat Hound
06-04-2017, 07:12 PM
3-0 :(

Billy Whizz
06-04-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm not there tonight. Disappointed in Hibs lack of coverage of this game, no team news either

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2017, 07:24 PM

Your eyesight's not the best though is it?

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Is it not cos Martin was swinging haymakers at everyone in punching distance of him?

Brightside
06-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Is it not cos Martin was swinging haymakers at everyone in punching distance of him?

Damn shame the SFA are blind too eh. 😂

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Damn shame the SFA are blind too eh. 😂

:tee hee:

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2017, 09:22 PM
I'm not there tonight. Disappointed in Hibs lack of coverage of this game, no team news either

Not a great display from us Tonight Billy