PDA

View Full Version : Are we soft or maybe naive

Enough said
04-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Over the years watching hibs I have always wondered this. Examples throw ins sometimes the ball goes out a good bit away from where we take the throw in as in back the way towards our goals . I was always told as schoolboy keep walking until the ref tells you to stop "we don't seem to do that" same with feee kicks ... I know they have the spray now but even still put the ball downa couple of yards ahead of where you are .

Colr
04-04-2017, 08:15 PM
And when the opposition get a free kick, get a man standing over the ball to stop them taking it and keeping their momentum.

Enough said
04-04-2017, 08:16 PM
And when the opposition get a free kick, get a man standing over the ball to stop them taking it and keeping their momentum.

Yip we just seem to run back towards our goal... bugs me that !!

OxoHibby
04-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Or is it hibs class to play to the rules and try to play football. Leave the cheating to some other clubs that are famous for it :)

superfurryhibby
04-04-2017, 09:06 PM
In three words, don't be silly!

Dalianwanda
04-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Its one of those things that if you look for it enough Im sure you would find the evidence......Doesnt mean its something that happens a lot, just something you look out for and notice.

Deansy
04-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Over the years watching hibs I have always wondered this. Examples throw ins sometimes the ball goes out a good bit away from where we take the throw in as in back the way towards our goals . I was always told as schoolboy keep walking until the ref tells you to stop "we don't seem to do that" same with feee kicks ... I know they have the spray now but even still put the ball downa couple of yards ahead of where you are .

Yup, we've always played by the rules while other teams (esp the OF) use every dodge in the book - for instance, I'd like to see Hibs-players claiming for every throw-in/corner etc even when it's plainly clear it's not our ball !