PDA

View Full Version : Hibs & Morton charged by SFA

rossevenil
04-04-2017, 05:18 PM
And no surprise most of the charges are against Lennon!
3 charges against Lennon to do with having a go at opposition player,manager and the referee!
Duffy and his assistant charged with causing confrontation in Hibs Technical area.

Pete
04-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Link?

edwards
04-04-2017, 05:19 PM

Whats the outcome with Mcgregor

rossevenil
04-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Just saw it on STV news but if you do a search there are links to the s*n and daily ranger

EEN
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-and-jim-duffy-charged-by-sfa-over-bust-up-1-4411885

McIntosh
04-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Link?
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-and-jim-duffy-charged-by-sfa-over-bust-up-1-4411885

Hiber-nation
04-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Link?

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1384776-lennon-and-duffy-hit-with-scottish-fa-charges-for-bust-up/

Pete
04-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Cheers. Lennon indeed with the most charges.

I hate this pathetic wee footballing world we operate in sometimes.

macca70
04-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Hearing to be held 20th, 2 days before our Semi!! Not ideal prep, especially if Lennon has to attend and take him away from training.

Do players or managers have to attend these things?

Dibben
04-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Just saw it on STV news but if you do a search there are links to the s*n and daily ranger

EEN

Wow. I'm surprised that there was enough evidence for th Compliance Officer to do this!!!

Deansy
04-04-2017, 05:28 PM
3 charges against Lennon to do with having a go at opposition player,manager and the referee!
Duffy and his assistant charged with causing confrontation in Hibs Technical area.

Only the GFA can charge a man from defending himself against 3 attackers - in any other walk of life, Neil Lennon would be a hero !. I hope Leeann/Hibs are prepared to go all the way in this !

macca70
04-04-2017, 05:32 PM
These charges are an actual disgrace, how can Lennon be charged with more than Duffy, absolutely baffling.

Dempster and the club should be making a public statement about how completely ridiculous this is along with the decision not to punish that cheat for feigning a headbutt

Heisenberg
04-04-2017, 05:32 PM
What an absolute farce. How, if Lennon has been deemed to act aggressively, did none of the Morton players who were going at him get done too? SFA just make it up as they go along.

Captain Trips
04-04-2017, 05:35 PM
These charges are an actual disgrace, how can Lennon be charged with more than Duffy, absolutely baffling.

Dempster and the club should be making a public statement about how completely ridiculous this is along with the decision not to punish that cheat for feigning a headbutt

Indeed this is a joke, time somebody took this mob head on, and LD with backing from RP are the folk to do it. Utter disgrace.

DarlingtonHibee
04-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Two Days before semi!! Absolute joke.

BroxburnHibee
04-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Yet again our club gets the ***h ripped out of them by these idiots running the game.

When oh when will we stand up to them?

emerald green
04-04-2017, 05:37 PM
This shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone. Lengthy ban is coming I predict, whether Lennon deserves it or not. They don't like him.

The person who started it all - Oyenuga - meanwhile walks away, laughing up his sleeve.

Jack
04-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Hardly unexpected.

I'd expect new Hibs to challenge the charges with the same expertise as before.

Col2
04-04-2017, 05:42 PM
That's our manager in the stand for the semi final then assuming the result from the hearing is same day.

I predict a 5 match ban for Lennon and 2 match for Duffy (suspended).

That's the way it's heading in my opinion.

bingo70
04-04-2017, 05:45 PM
I think any bans issued will be used to galvanise the squad and add to the us against them mentality.

"It's hibs against the world lads, now get out there and get it right up them".....will be the jist of the team talk imo

Dibben
04-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Hopefully we use this to our advantage this Saturday!!

A big vocal away support will help!!

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2017, 05:49 PM
If you throw up to 9 punches at the opposition manager and players, its no surprise the beaks will want their pound of flesh. :bitchy:

macca70
That's our manager in the stand for the semi final then assuming the result from the hearing is same day.

For 3 charges and has previous it wouldn't surprise me if it was more like 10 matches.

Is this not an initial hearing to present your case and there would then be a future meeting to dish out a punishment?

crewetollhibee
What an absolute farce. How, if Lennon has been deemed to act aggressively, did none of the Morton players who were going at him get done too? SFA just make it up as they go along.

How ? 21.5.16 that's how.

macca70
04-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Would a touch line ban also mean a dressing room ban, that's what seems to happen these days.

Team talks for the semi might have to be in Hampden car park!!

Mr White
04-04-2017, 05:54 PM
We got our best result this season when NL was in the stand in Denmark so **** you SFA do your worst.

givescotlandfreedom
04-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Added to the compliance officer's 'lack of evidence' it's really not surprising the GFA are the laughing stock they are.

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2017, 06:01 PM
If the compliance officer is using TV footage for this then its criminal that he isn't taking action against the Morton player who quite clearly cheated to get Darren McGregor sent off ...... If its true that no action is to be taken against him Hibs should be asking why.

tamig
04-04-2017, 06:03 PM
If you throw up to 9 punches at the opposition manager and players, its no surprise the beaks will want their pound of flesh. :bitchy:

😂

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2017, 06:24 PM

The dugouts are miles away at Hampden anyway. Won't make too much difference unless they ban him from the changing rooms as well.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2017, 06:29 PM
The dugouts are miles away at Hampden anyway. Won't make too much difference unless they ban him from the changing rooms as well.

Which they will. The two usually go hand in hand and you're not allowed any contact with the team from an hour before kick off or something like that.

The Harp Awakes
04-04-2017, 06:43 PM
One if the craziest things about this charge is that the hearing is being held on the 20th April. That's mental, particularly as the teams are playing each other this weekend and the potential for more trouble in the dugout.

What a bunch of buffoons. They really are totally incompetent.

As far the allocation of charges, stinks of bias as well.

Fuzzywuzzy
04-04-2017, 07:24 PM
According to our very own thread on keekback Lennons away at the end of the season and Paul Hartley's the new manager. Amazing how much inside info they have over there. Oh, and he's got a six match ban coming up. Seem to get info from everywhere

Carheenlea
04-04-2017, 07:30 PM

:confused: where are you getting these 9 punches from? Are you for real?

Kato
04-04-2017, 07:38 PM
How ? 21.5.16 that's how.

Goes well beyond that, mate. The SFA have always treated Hibs this way, since before we were even allowed to join their ****ty little organisation. I don't know how many people still claim this is paranoia but its there throughout our history.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2017, 07:47 PM
According to our very own thread on keekback Lennons away at the end of the season and Paul Hartley's the new manager. Amazing how much inside info they have over there. Oh, and he's got a six match ban coming up. Seem to get info from everywhere

Hartley wouldn't be allowed across the door at ER

green day
04-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Not ideal, but at least the hearing date allows us to get another couple of league games out the way first.

Still more important than the cup this year.

PatHead
04-04-2017, 07:52 PM

Hook line and sinker. Per chance

Golden Bear
04-04-2017, 07:54 PM

Beware the fishing rod D.

Aldo
04-04-2017, 07:54 PM
What I don't understand is the CO reckons the Morton player has nothing more to answer for.

Blatant simulation and acted like he'd been properly head butted!

Cheats do prosper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
04-04-2017, 07:55 PM

There is no way Hartley will be our manager any time soon or in the future!

Golden Bear
04-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Methinks our Manager has already said too much and his comments may have influenced the outcome of the hearing.

Kato
04-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Methinks our Manager has already said too much and his comments may have already influenced the outcome of the hearing.

There does come a time though, when enough is enough.

I hope he says even more, I hope Leeann makes a statement and I hope "Invisible Rod" makes a statement. Wouldn't bet on the latter though.

Carheenlea
04-04-2017, 08:04 PM
What I don't understand is the CO reckons the Morton player has nothing more to answer for.

Blatant simulation and acted like he'd been properly head butted!

Cheats do prosper!

This is the most alarming aspect of the whole debacle. Lennon and Duffy were always going to be cited, but for this blatant display of cheating to be overlooked is extraordinary.

familyman
04-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Which they will. The two usually go hand in hand and you're not allowed any contact with the team from an hour before kick off or something like that.
You can often get a better view of things in the stand ,so as Long as NL is allowed on the premises and he has plenty deputies in dug out it should be ok, the half time pep talk can be screamed by someone else!
Personally I like a manager with passion ,rather than some previous names we could mention, but yes it needs to be controlled ,but we all care about the club and especially now at this time..

Carheenlea
04-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Hook line and sinker. Per chance

Beware the fishing rod D.

Fishing for what?

thebakerboy
04-04-2017, 08:05 PM
There didnt seem to be any mention of the Hibs appeal against Darrens red card in there. Did we appeal it and if not decided on can he play on Saturday??

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Fishing for what?

Underscore slated Lennon for throwing anything up to 9 punches during the WWF 3 minute tag team fight the other night.

He was the only person who saw them mind you. :greengrin

JimBHibees
04-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Seemed to be 3 or 4 Morton players out of order also assuming their notices are still coming.

Aldo
04-04-2017, 08:16 PM
This is the most alarming aspect of the whole debacle. Lennon and Duffy were always going to be cited, but for this blatant display of cheating to be overlooked is extraordinary.

It shows the SFA and powers that be for their amateurism approach to it all!

I still cannot believe the Morton player hasn't been cited for his poor reaction and from the footage he knew exactly what he was doing and that's trying to get a fellow pro sent off by cheating!

Lennon and the club has every right to voice their concern about the Morton players actions yet the CO doesn't see it. I think that the CO has been told to take no action against him and that they will deal with DM at hearing!

Only in Scotland!

OxoHibby
04-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Speaks volumes when Morton appear to be favoured over us

mjhibby
04-04-2017, 08:41 PM
It shows the SFA and powers that be for their amateurism approach to it all!

I still cannot believe the Morton player hasn't been cited for his poor reaction and from the footage he knew exactly what he was doing and that's trying to get a fellow pro sent off by cheating!

Lennon and the club has every right to voice their concern about the Morton players actions yet the CO doesn't see it. I think that the CO has been told to take no action against him and that they will deal with DM at hearing!

Only in Scotland!

Only in scotland can the compliance officer make a judgement on a player feigning injury before the panel has sat on whether daz did anything. Amateur isn't the word. So should the panel decide daz didn't deserve the red what then. What caused him to go down like that or will it be the insufficient evidence. My wee boy asked why we don't have goaline technology and I told him because Scottish football is so Mickey mouse it's unbelievable. Can't wait to see the press reaction if daz or Lenny are done. Tom English and the sportsound team clearly stated he dived as did most journalists. A total and utter farce which would never happen to either of the bigot bros. No pressure on Thursdays panel then.

Mr White
04-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Only in scotland can the compliance officer make a judgement on a player feigning injury before the panel has sat on whether daz did anything. Amateur isn't the word. So should the panel decide daz didn't deserve the red what then. What caused him to go down like that or will it be the insufficient evidence. My wee boy asked why we don't have goaline technology and I told him because Scottish football is so Mickey mouse it's unbelievable. Can't wait to see the press reaction if daz or Lenny are done. Tom English and the sportsound team clearly stated he dived as did most journalists. A total and utter farce which would never happen to either of the bigot bros. No pressure on Thursdays panel then.

:agree:

The left hand doesn't know that the right hand is on the phone to the brewery attempting to organise a visit and a few scoops.

Mixed metaphors aside that probably gives them more credit than they deserve actually as this feels more like a deliberate stitch-up than an administrative mix-up.

OxoHibby
04-04-2017, 08:47 PM

Is the word amateur or biased?

Aldo
04-04-2017, 08:52 PM

They say the camera never lies and on this occasion it doesn't! It's clear for all to see yet the CO doesn't see it! Farcical, a joke or just total incompetence from the CO or indeed all 3.

I actually wonder how the CO has come to his conclusion on the Morton player and the fact he has nothing to answer for??

A stance must be made in DM case and I'm hoping the club will fight this tooth and nail making it very clear that the Morton player did indeed cheat to get a fellow pro sent off!

SChibs
04-04-2017, 09:05 PM
I've got a theory that if a decision doesn't affect Celtic or rangers then they simply toss a coin to make the decision. Then they find reasons to back up whatever decision the coin has made.

A coin toss is probably what the sfa deem as a fair way of doing it.

staunchhibby
04-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Is there not a way we can bombard the compliance officer with e-mails asking as to how he arrived the decision not to punish the cheat of the Morton player as there appears to be plenty evidence regarding this.

lord bunberry
04-04-2017, 09:11 PM
They say the camera never lies and on this occasion it doesn't! It's clear for all to see yet the CO doesn't see it! Farcical, a joke or just total incompetence from the CO or indeed all 3.

I actually wonder how the CO has come to his conclusion on the Morton player and the fact he has nothing to answer for??

A stance must be made in DM case and I'm hoping the club will fight this tooth and nail making it very clear that the Morton player did indeed cheat to get a fellow pro sent off!

Totally agree Aldo. It's beyond belief that anyone could look at that video and not think the Morton player dived in order to get the hibs player sent off. It's as clear a case of cheating as you could possibly see.

HibbyKeith
04-04-2017, 09:35 PM
When is the hearing for McGregor's red card? apologies if I've missed this mentioned elsewhere..

Sir David Gray
04-04-2017, 09:36 PM
There didnt seem to be any mention of the Hibs appeal against Darrens red card in there. Did we appeal it and if not decided on can he play on Saturday??

We have appealed it and his hearing's on Thursday.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2017, 09:37 PM
When is the hearing for McGregor's red card? apologies if I've missed this mentioned elsewhere..

See my reply above.

HibbyKeith
04-04-2017, 09:45 PM
See my reply above.

Thank you Sir. :greengrin

Is It On....
04-04-2017, 11:12 PM

Didn't think Paul Hartley liked us anyway?

Marco G
05-04-2017, 07:39 AM
I am talking rubbish , guy should have been cited!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Marco G
05-04-2017, 07:43 AM
How do we know the compliance officer has decided this? Just by a press report. We know he has cited the managers but maybe he is holding off citing the Morton guy until after Darren's hearing, to avoid influencing it? That would make perfect sense, cause if the panel concludes the guy feigned injury he can then be done for it.

How do we know the compliance officer has decided this? Just by a press report. We know he has cited the managers but maybe he is holding off citing the Morton guy until after Darren's hearing, to avoid influencing it? That would make perfect sense, cause if the panel concludes the guy feigned injury he can then be done for it.

Sorry - does not make sense at all! Compliance officer should have seen the playacting and cited him!

Bankie
05-04-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm sure this deserves a thread of its own but I'm not sure how to start one.From the Evening Times:

FOOTBALL hooligans who might believe they have escaped justice almost one year on from the violence and disorder at the Scottish Cup Final have been warned they could still face arrest.
The team assigned to Operation Tonish are still carrying out a thorough investigation into incidents following the end of the Hibernian and Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/safari-reader://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/?search=Rangers&topic_id=8844)match at Hampden Park on May 21 - and the detective, who is second in command, has promised there is more to come.
Detective Inspector Greig Wilkie said: "If we identify who you are and you were on that pitch causing violence or disorder – you will be getting arrested.
"I think people thought this investigation was maybe going to go away. But here we are 11 months down the line and it is not going away. "There was public outrage and rightly so of what took place in that short period of time after the Scottish Cup Final.
"We can't just say we will draw a line underneath it. We can' t be seen to be doing that and we are not going to do that."
The Evening Times was given exclusive access to the team of detectives who are working on this investigation at their base in Govan Police Station.
Rows of plain clothed detectives, who we can't identify because of the nature of the probe, could be seen scouring through hours of CCTV footage.
For these patient officers, a football fan punching another has become like a game of Where's Wally.
Their remit involves identifying every thing that fan did while on the pitch - and that means they have to scour through endless sources of media from broadcast, print and mobile phones.
And when you have one football fall punching another, trying to follow them through a crowd of hundreds of supporters with simultaneous assaults happening is almost impossible.
With the task not an easy one, you understand why this probe is almost approaching its one year anniversary.
DI Wilkie said: "The vast majority of the work is CCTV based. We had to grab and secure as much as we could.
"Once we grabbed it all, we put a system in place for it to be reviewed. Because of the volume of footage, it has taken us months."
He added: "When we identify an act of violence or disorder, that is when the work really starts.
"We have to follow that person through every bit of media footage to get a full course of conduct of what they did.
"That is just one person, multiply that by every individual we identify who is involved in this enquiry on that specific day, and it shows you the massive amount of investigation which has to be done."
A key component of this investigation has been the release of hundreds of 'mugshots' over the months after the final.
Even the process of getting those images out to the media is an exhaustive one for the team on Operation Tonish.
They have to prove that they have done everything possible to identify that person, and then produce a report showing that to the Crown Office and Prosecution Service.
Once the Crown Office and Prosecution Service is satisfied everything has been done to identify that person, they approve the release of that image to the media.
DI Wilkie said: "By the time we get the image out on the public domain, we have tried everything up to that point. It is then for the public to assist us."
The team, however, have been successful with over 150 people arrested to date, who are currently all going through the prosecution service at the moment.
Those people were identified through a variety of methods. Some of them handed themselves into police (http://www.hibs.net/safari-reader://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/?search=police&topic_id=8826) stations while others have been identified through the release of CCTV.
Many of those people were arrested through operations including dawn raids.
The Evening Times reported last week that the team's 16th operation had taken place with dawn raids at properties in Glasgow (http://www.hibs.net/safari-reader://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/?search=Glasgow&topic_id=8847), Ayrshire, Haddington, Musselburgh and Livingston resulting in five arrests.
We have also reported on many of the prosecutions at Glasgow Sheriff Court with a Football Banning Order often featuring in the punishment for many cases. There has been some tough sentences handed out including a four year Football Banning Order in one case.
DI Wilkie said: "Two or three minutes of madness on a football pitch has ended up costing them."
DI Wilkie believes that the investigation would have never reached this stage if it wasn't for the professionalism shown by the team of detectives who were picked to be part of it.
He said: "It is through their hard work that it has got to this stage. There is no doubt about it.
"You can't underestimate the work they have done to get as far as we have with this investigation.
Article continues after...

"They have maintained that drive and determination to get as far as we have got now, and 11 months later, we are still going."

Jones28
05-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Re the article, when is enough going to be enough? Is there a time limit on the footage and how often it can be reviewed? It seems to have come to a point where it's just costing time and money.

oldbutdim
05-04-2017, 08:19 AM
It must have proved too difficult to follow follow the guy in the suit who aimed a kick at the Hibs fan and was viewed by millions doing so.
Understandable.

:hmmm:

sleeping giant
05-04-2017, 08:21 AM
I'm sure this deserves a thread of its own but I'm not sure how to start one.From the Evening Times:

FOOTBALL hooligans who might believe they have escaped justice almost one year on from the violence and disorder at the Scottish Cup Final have been warned they could still face arrest.
The team assigned to Operation Tonish are still carrying out a thorough investigation into incidents following the end of the Hibernian and Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/safari-reader://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/?search=Rangers&topic_id=8844)match at Hampden Park on May 21 - and the detective, who is second in command, has promised there is more to come.
Detective Inspector Greig Wilkie said: "If we identify who you are and you were on that pitch causing violence or disorder – you will be getting arrested.
"I think people thought this investigation was maybe going to go away. But here we are 11 months down the line and it is not going away. "There was public outrage and rightly so of what took place in that short period of time after the Scottish Cup Final.
"We can't just say we will draw a line underneath it. We can' t be seen to be doing that and we are not going to do that."
The Evening Times was given exclusive access to the team of detectives who are working on this investigation at their base in Govan Police Station.
Rows of plain clothed detectives, who we can't identify because of the nature of the probe, could be seen scouring through hours of CCTV footage.
For these patient officers, a football fan punching another has become like a game of Where's Wally.
Their remit involves identifying every thing that fan did while on the pitch - and that means they have to scour through endless sources of media from broadcast, print and mobile phones.
And when you have one football fall punching another, trying to follow them through a crowd of hundreds of supporters with simultaneous assaults happening is almost impossible.
With the task not an easy one, you understand why this probe is almost approaching its one year anniversary.
DI Wilkie said: "The vast majority of the work is CCTV based. We had to grab and secure as much as we could.
"Once we grabbed it all, we put a system in place for it to be reviewed. Because of the volume of footage, it has taken us months."
He added: "When we identify an act of violence or disorder, that is when the work really starts.
"We have to follow that person through every bit of media footage to get a full course of conduct of what they did.
"That is just one person, multiply that by every individual we identify who is involved in this enquiry on that specific day, and it shows you the massive amount of investigation which has to be done."
A key component of this investigation has been the release of hundreds of 'mugshots' over the months after the final.
Even the process of getting those images out to the media is an exhaustive one for the team on Operation Tonish.
They have to prove that they have done everything possible to identify that person, and then produce a report showing that to the Crown Office and Prosecution Service.
Once the Crown Office and Prosecution Service is satisfied everything has been done to identify that person, they approve the release of that image to the media.
DI Wilkie said: "By the time we get the image out on the public domain, we have tried everything up to that point. It is then for the public to assist us."
The team, however, have been successful with over 150 people arrested to date, who are currently all going through the prosecution service at the moment.
Those people were identified through a variety of methods. Some of them handed themselves into police (http://www.hibs.net/safari-reader://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/?search=police&topic_id=8826) stations while others have been identified through the release of CCTV.
The Evening Times reported last week that the team's 16th operation had taken place with dawn raids at properties in Glasgow (http://www.hibs.net/safari-reader://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/?search=Glasgow&topic_id=8847), Ayrshire, Haddington, Musselburgh and Livingston resulting in five arrests.
We have also reported on many of the prosecutions at Glasgow Sheriff Court with a Football Banning Order often featuring in the punishment for many cases. There has been some tough sentences handed out including a four year Football Banning Order in one case.
DI Wilkie said: "Two or three minutes of madness on a football pitch has ended up costing them."
DI Wilkie believes that the investigation would have never reached this stage if it wasn't for the professionalism shown by the team of detectives who were picked to be part of it.
He said: "It is through their hard work that it has got to this stage. There is no doubt about it.
"You can't underestimate the work they have done to get as far as we have with this investigation.

"They have maintained that drive and determination to get as far as we have got now, and 11 months later, we are still going."

'Kin dawn raids !
Deary me.

Dawn raids :faf:

Moulin Yarns
05-04-2017, 08:27 AM

Mair like Operation TOSH

theonlywayisup
05-04-2017, 09:38 AM

When I read that I'm convinced it must be an April Fool.

The Green Goblin
05-04-2017, 09:41 AM
'Kin dawn raids !
Deary me.

Dawn raids :faf:

That was the bit that did it for me too. :agree: