PDA

View Full Version : Oyenuga

Diclonius
03-04-2017, 02:29 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/morton-s-kudus-oyenuga-to-face-no-further-action-over-hibs-melee-1-4410809

No action for act of cowardice.

JimBHibees
03-04-2017, 02:32 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/morton-s-kudus-oyenuga-to-face-no-further-action-over-hibs-melee-1-4410809

That will be Darren getting hammered.

lord bunberry
03-04-2017, 02:34 PM
That's a complete joke

Earlydelivery
03-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Just seen it on EEN , Nae luck daz .

Barney McGrew
03-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Utterly laughable decision.

The Compliance Officer has effectively OK'd any player to feign injury knowing they'll face no sanction. Unbelievable.

stantonhibby
03-04-2017, 02:36 PM
That will be Darren getting hammered.

2 game ban I suspect

JimBHibees
03-04-2017, 02:37 PM

The Compliance Officer has effectively OK'd any player to feign injury knowing they'll face no sanction. Unbelievable.

Completely agree no evidence of feigning injury what was he watching Jim Duffy's adapted version. McGregor made little or no contact yet he went over as if he had been smacked with a sledgehammer how can that be constituted as no evidence.

JimBHibees
03-04-2017, 02:38 PM
2 game ban I suspect

Yep certainly cannot be anymore than that and tend to think there is no evidence that he headbutted anyone because he didnt.

HibsNutter
03-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Far worse than Fyvie's antics at Ibrox last season and he was banned for that.

Barney McGrew
03-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Completely agree no evidence of feigning injury what was he watching Jim Duffy's adapted version. McGregor made little or no contact yet he went over as if he had been smacked with a sledgehammer how can that be constituted as no evidence.

Selective viewing on behalf of the CO I think.

Place your bets now on Duff Jimmy getting a slap on the wrists while Lennon and Daz get long bans.

Billychaotic182
03-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Kris Boyd got off with more of a headbutt than Darren's. where is the consistency?

green day
03-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Incredible. The entire Sportsound team said it was feigning injury.

What is the compliance officer up to????

JimBHibees
03-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Does that mean he will play on Saturday?

Kato
03-04-2017, 02:45 PM
What is the compliance officer up to????

He's being part of Scottish Football as it's been for years and years.

Onceinawhile
03-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Does that mean he will play on Saturday?

No. He's suspended.

hibbysam
03-04-2017, 02:49 PM

Fyvie didn't even hit the deck. As you say absolutely no difference apart from the side that Hibs were facing. Utterly shameful.

I was glad Fyvie got pulled up as it was totally wrong, however I now hope our players carry out every trick in the book from now on.

silverhibee
03-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Lets be honest here, there is only one person who will get hammered for this carry on, Neil Lennon.

His previous charges in the game in Scotland with Celtc will see him get a 6 game ban, maybe more, SFA have been waiting to hammer Hibs since the final, Lennon will do them nicely, there will be no death threats or packages to worry about from the fans in the West, Xmas has come early for the compliance officer.

greenginger
03-04-2017, 02:52 PM

And the Ranger's player got the red card overturned, not even reduced to a yellow although his punch landed on Fyfvie's shoulder.

green day
03-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Yep certainly cannot be anymore than that and tend to think there is no evidence that he headbutted anyone because he didnt.

They have just effectively said Oyenuga didn't feign injury. So if he didn't feign injury, they must think Daz did it.

Hibs have appealed, so doesn't he automatically get another game?

DaveF
03-04-2017, 02:58 PM
They really should do away with the compliance officer role and donate whatever wages he's getting paid to charity. He is ****ing useless.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Utterly laughable. Football is this country is a biased joke

Thecat23
03-04-2017, 03:03 PM
If I was a Hibs player I'd go out my way to go through him. Cheating ****.

The Green Goblin
03-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Lets be honest here, there is only one person who will get hammered for this carry on, Neil Lennon.

His previous charges in the game in Scotland with Celtc will see him get a 6 game ban, maybe more, SFA have been waiting to hammer Hibs since the final, Lennon will do them nicely, there will be no death threats or packages to worry about from the fans in the West, Xmas has come early for the compliance officer.

The bit in bold - that's what this decision is about. :agree:

Penicuik Hibee
03-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Typical SFA. Shocking

mjhibby
03-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Utterly laughable. Football is this country is a biased joke

Even the sportsound team will struggle to defend this decision. How can the co come out with this as the appeal has not be heard. There could be other camera angles which clearly showed he feigned injury. Only in scotland.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2017, 03:14 PM
What a shock.

Scottish football is so corrupt it's beyond embarrassing. As said above this is nothing but revenge for us beating the huns in May.

People need to stop with the 'incompetent not cheating' and 'stop the conspiracy theories' stuff and see decisions like this for what they are.

Bristolhibby
03-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Next time, stick the nut on the guy, you'll get two matches and the opposition won't **** with you in the future.

J

Ozyhibby
03-04-2017, 03:15 PM
The refs in Scotland will give nothing to us while Lennon is in charge. He was the reason they went on strike before and they will never let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
03-04-2017, 03:17 PM
Joke of a decision. Especially when compared to what Fyvie was done for last season.

If Lennon and Daz are hammered I hope Leann comes out and actually mentions this in the press as its about as blatant cheating as you can get.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2017, 03:19 PM
Wish he actually had nutted the prick now

dangermouse
03-04-2017, 03:24 PM

If he had, he'd still be on the deck now.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Coming up page unavailable for me, can't see anything on Scotsman or EEN news pages, fake news?

Cat Stanton
03-04-2017, 03:32 PM

Can't get link to work - what does it say?

plhibs
03-04-2017, 03:32 PM
The bit in bold - that's what this decision is about. :agree:

I think they have been at it all season with the aid of the on field officials. The price to pay for beating the beloved huns.

lord bunberry
03-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Can't get link to work - what does it say?
It said that the Morton player wouldn't face any further sanctions. The story has now been taken down. It wouldn't surprise me if the een have got the story wrong.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-04-2017, 03:37 PM
It said that the Morton player wouldn't face any further sanctions. The story has now been taken down. It wouldn't surprise me if the een have got the story wrong.

Think you maybe right, obviously some silly yam prank.

Peevemor
03-04-2017, 03:39 PM
I read the story. It seems strange to me that this announcement could be made before Darren's "hearing" on Thursday. If they've already decided that Oyenuga is innocent, then surely it follows that Darren is guilty.

lugz
03-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Looks like the story has been pulled.

snooky
03-04-2017, 03:45 PM

Let's wait until the league is won. I suspect that this is part of the SFA master plan.
They want our players to be fuming and to start kicking out against Morton players so they will be sent off and hand Morton a win on a plate. Also, it will weaken our team for following games due to the sendings off.

Much as I feel the same as you TC and would love to fight fire with fire. Always fight the battles you know can win. They're setting us up here for an ambush - that's why Oyenuga was let off the hook.
If ever there was a time for calm heads, it's now.

silverhibee
03-04-2017, 03:48 PM

After having a quick browse there is nothing in the media about this from anyone, EEN to late with there April fool.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Let's wait until the league is won. I suspect that this is part of the SFA master plan.
They want our players to be fuming and to start kicking out against Morton players so they will be sent off and hand Morton a win on a plate. Also, it will weaken our team for following games due to the sendings off.

Much as I feel the same as you TC and would love to fight fire with fire. Always fight the battles you know can win. They're setting us up here for an ambush - that's why Oyenuga was let off the hook.
If ever there was a time for calm heads, it's now.

Do people actually feel this way?

That some folk in the SFA/SPFL/Masons get together and say "this is what we'll do... we'll ambush those fenian *******s. There's this guy I know at Morton who also does am dram............"

I'm_cabbaged
03-04-2017, 03:51 PM
As soon as Lennon came out and said it would be interesting to see what happens as it's the same ref that sent off Bartley there was only going to be one decision. It's a ****ing joke!!

greenlex
03-04-2017, 03:54 PM

That some folk in the SFA/SPFL/Masons get together and say "this is what we'll do... we'll ambush those fenian *******s. There's this guy I know at Morton who also does am dram............"

I'm not sure folk are saying it was a plan with the Morton guy etc but I possibly a case for using it to their ends rather than planning it. I don't agree with that theory to be fair.

TheMentalHibees
03-04-2017, 03:55 PM
This is the SFA flicking two fingers up at Lennon. Blatantly.

snooky
03-04-2017, 04:00 PM

Okay, of course it was a tongue-in-cheek post, CWG.
The point I was trying to highlight is to keep a cool head. We could damage our efforts in winning this league if we take vendettas into the next game. That said, I'm sure that there are a few folk out there who would take delight in seeing us blow it.

Andy74
03-04-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure this impacts the McGregor decision. I think it's two different people or forums looking at it and also slightly different things to consider.

DarlingtonHibee
03-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Nothing on web site?

Heisenberg
03-04-2017, 04:24 PM
EEN have taken it down. Looks like they were a bit hasty.

JimBHibees
03-04-2017, 04:27 PM

Maybe hasty but I bet that it is true.

snooky
03-04-2017, 04:31 PM

I misread your post as "EEN have taken it down. Looks like they were a bit nasty."
Freudian slip.

greenginger
03-04-2017, 04:44 PM
I know its the SFA and you should'nt expect too much but suspension list No 38 which covers period 23/3 - 30/3 does not list Oyenuga as incurring any suspension.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2016/17/PlayerSuspensions/LOS38%20(30%20Mar%202017)%20CW.pdf

Did he appeal his red card ?

He was not in the Morton team against Dumbarton.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-04-2017, 04:44 PM
All the hallmarks of a stupid yam mock up.

Peevemor
03-04-2017, 04:46 PM
"Morton striker Kudus Oyenuga has been told he will not face any further action from the Scottish FA over his part in the Easter Road mayhem.

Hibs head coach Neil Lennon accused the Ton marksman of feigning a head butt to get defender Darren McGregor sent off in injury-time during last Wednesday’s goal-less draw, and branded the incident an ‘act of cowardice’.

But SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan has reviewed footage of the coming together and deemed that there is not enough evidence to charge Oyenuga with a breach of disciplinary rule 201, causing a match official to make an incorrect decision by committing an act of simulation.

Oyenuga sparked the mass touchline melee following a reckless tackle on Hibs defender Jordon Forster.

The former Dundee United player was sent off for the challenge and is half-way through serving a two-match ban, while McGregor was also shown a red card by referee Nick Walsh for ‘head butting’ Oyenuga.

Hibs head coach Neil Lennon and Morton boss Jim Duffy also had to be seperated during the furious bust-up before being ordered to the stand by Walsh.

McGlennan is still poring over footage off the melee before deciding what action to take against Lennon and Duffy but Oyenuga has been told he will face no retrospective punishment.

Hibs have appealed McGregor’s red card and the case will be heard at Hampden on Thursday.

However, given that McGlennan has decided not to take action against Oyengua, Hibs could face a challenge in trying to clear McGregor’s name.

The centre-half, who played in Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Dunfermline, will face an immediate two-match ban for violent conduct if his appeal fails.

News that Oyenuga will not face a separate probe is likely to infuriate Hibs head coach Lennon after he branded the player’s behaviour ‘embarrassing’.

Kyle Lafferty was fined by Rangers and handed a retrospective two-match ban by the Scottish FA after feigning a head butt and getting Charlie Mulgrew sent off during a game against Aberdeen in May 2009."

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/04/03/morton-striker-kudus-oyenuga-will-not-face-scottish-fa-punishment-feigning-headbutt-hibs-scuffle/

greenlex
03-04-2017, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure this impacts the McGregor decision. I think it's two different people or forums looking at it and also slightly different things to consider.

Of course it does. He went down as if head butted which he wasn't If he has been deemed not to have faked it then McGregor must already be guilty of doing it. Four days prior to an appeal. Does this not show the appeal process in this case is pre determined?

greenlex
03-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Of course it does. He went down as if head butted which he wasn't If he has been deemed not to have faked it then McGregor must already be guilty of doing it. Four days prior to an appeal. Does this not show the appeal process in this case is pre determined farce? It quite simply has to.

ancient hibee
03-04-2017, 05:02 PM
At least Darren will appear in front of a panel which includes at least one former player so he may get off with a yellow card.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2017, 05:13 PM
At least Darren will appear in front of a panel which includes at least one former player so he may get off with a yellow card.

Think he's on 5 league yellow cards, one game ban kicks in when you get 6, so if it's downgraded to a yellow, I'm sure he'll get a one game ban

weecounty hibby
03-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Still nothing on BBC. Surely not even the Scottish authorities can see that as anything other than a dive and cheating. If that happens Hibs must keep up the pressure on them in the press. It would be an absolute disgrace if he doesn't get a ban and Darren is cleared of this. We cannot accept this as a club if it is indeed the decision

The Sundance Kid
03-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Think he's on 5 league yellow cards, one game ban kicks in when you get 6, so if it's downgraded to a yellow, I'm sure he'll get a one game ban

I may well be wrong but think he's only on 4 league yellow cards

Pete
03-04-2017, 05:21 PM
If it's true then the footage doesn't categorically prove that there wasn't contact.

It's all an absolute joke and contact or not, it's cheating.

All Very cup finalish.

snooky
03-04-2017, 05:28 PM
If it's true then the footage doesn't categorically prove that there wasn't contact.

It's all an absolute joke and contact or not, it's cheating.

All Very cup finalish.

Unless Daz is capable of executing the "Bruce Lee One Inch Punch" with his head then even if there was contact Oyetuga is over-dramatising the incident to say the least.That being the case he deserves to be shown up as a cheat and guilty of unsporting behavour.
But hey, this is the SFA we're talking about - anything is possible. Oyetuga could get a medal 'for valour'.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2017, 05:31 PM
I may well be wrong but think he's only on 4 league yellow cards

Hope you're right, thought he was on 7 in total, inc 2 against Hearts in the Cup
http://www.skysports.com/hibernian-squad

Hibeewilly
03-04-2017, 05:33 PM

Strange one that CWG ....If you ask around you will find that a right few Hibbys are in the lodge. I'm not one as I don't have time but if I did have I would be!

03-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Absolute joke and any Morton fans celebrating this should be embarrassed. It was as blatant an act of cheating as you're ever likely to see. Fyvie (quite rightly) was retrospectively punished for it a couple years back when he did the exact same thing at ibrox.

Darren confronted him but there was very very little contact, if any at all but that big idiot launched himself to the ground, rolling around holding his face as if he'd just taken a full skelp from Mike Tyson. I hope when we watches the incident back he cringes at how utterly embarrassing it was.

madsen5
03-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Strange one that CWG ....If you ask around you will find that a right few Hibbys are in the lodge. I'm not one as I don't have time but if I did have I would be!

As were all of the famous 5

Onion
03-04-2017, 05:41 PM

A license for cheats to continue cheating with impunity, knowing their actions will likely get opponents sent off as Scottish referees are thick as ****. You really could not make it up.

Heisenberg
03-04-2017, 05:43 PM
It would be an absolute joke if this cheating bawbag got McGregor banned for the massive game coming up on Saturday while getting off with it. It would be typical SFA. No consistency.

Has there actually been anything else in the press apart from the removed EEN article?

03-04-2017, 05:43 PM

I dare say it will be incredibly tempting but if I was Lennon i'd be telling them to not to and to keep cool heads. They'll want us to go in all guns blazing. Don't give the ref any excuses at all to get hibs players sent off.

Don't wont however say that the hibs fans shouldn't give him plenty stick from the stands though :greengrin

MileHighBees
03-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Hope you're right, thought he was on 7 in total, inc 2 against Hearts in the Cup
http://www.skysports.com/hibernian-squad

McGregor was also booked in the away leg against Brondby
Don't know whether or not that would be included in the figure you quoted/linked to ??

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36821068

Billy Whizz
03-04-2017, 05:46 PM
McGregor was also booked in the away leg against Brondby
Don't know whether or not that would be included in the figure you quoted/linked to ??

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36821068

Not sure. Would be nice to see a link somewhere with it broken down by competition

Hibeewilly
03-04-2017, 05:47 PM

Correct mate

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-04-2017, 05:49 PM

Whatever..

RamYer1902
03-04-2017, 05:55 PM
If McGregor gets banned, football in this country is ****ed.

03-04-2017, 06:00 PM
It's no wonder Scottish football gets ridiculed. If that had been in the EPL it would be all over the papers, the player forced to make an apology, talked about for weeks by pundits. But no, not here, blatant acts of cheating simply swept under the carpet and ignored. The decision is just about as embarrassing as the incident itself.

MileHighBees
03-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Not sure. Would be nice to see a link somewhere with it broken down by competition

Found this :-
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=36537

Don't know if it's 100% accurate but it only lists 4 yellows for McGregor in league games this season.
6 Aug at Falkirk
27 Aug v Morton
12 Nov v Falkirk
31 Dec at Falkirk

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Found this :-
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=36537

Don't know if it's 100% accurate but it only lists 4 yellows for McGregor in league games this season.
6 Aug at Falkirk
27 Aug v Morton
12 Nov v Falkirk
31 Dec at Falkirk

He gets stuck in about Falkirk and Morton!

Hibeewilly
03-04-2017, 06:03 PM
If McGregor gets banned, football in this country is ****ed.

I'm inclined to believe its a fake link because when you click onto the official Evening News site it takes a while to load up - that link was too quick

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2017, 06:10 PM
I'm inclined to believe its a fake link because when you click onto the official Evening News site it takes a while to load up - that link was too quick

There's nothing in the EEN site about the Morton boy.

greenginger
03-04-2017, 06:14 PM
If the Oyenuga no further action report is genuine it might just help McGregor's case.

The panel can listen to McGregor , view any footage and can come to a decision to overturn his red card without having to make any further comments regarding the Morton man as he has already been dealt with.

TRC
03-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Anyone asked the een why it's been taken down?

Andy74
03-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Of course it does. He went down as if head butted which he wasn't If he has been deemed not to have faked it then McGregor must already be guilty of doing it. Four days prior to an appeal. Does this not show the appeal process in this case is pre determined farce? It quite simply has to.
It's two different parties looking at this and different things they are looking at.

It can easily be the case that the compliance officer doesn't think there is enough there to say the guy deliberately cheated but the appeals committee also don't think the alleged offence merited a red card.

I don't agree with the first part of course but it's certainly within reason that both players get off with it.

It's a bit like a player going down in the box not being a penalty but it doesn't mean it needs to be a yellow for simulation.

J-C
03-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Nothing on their main site or even on their Facebook page.

Colr
03-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Maybe the SFA could take a lead from golf.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/apr/03/lexi-thompson-tv-viewer-rules-infraction-golf

Could be lots of fun!

03-04-2017, 07:02 PM
I don't know how anyone could think he isn't acting. There is a very obvious pause before he goes down which is due to his reaction time making the decision to go down. You wouldn't see a pause like that if he'd genuinely been headbutted. If there is is any contact whatsoever it is from the tip of Daz's quiff and that's it.

If the SFA say Daz is guilty of a headbutt then they are at it just as much as Oyenuga.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2017, 07:38 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170403/e703def116233df3a2676bdcc55b2dc9.jpg

Anything for you Billy

Billy Whizz
03-04-2017, 07:51 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170403/e703def116233df3a2676bdcc55b2dc9.jpg

Anything for you Billy

Thank you OH,

Iggy Pope
03-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Correct mate

Thread takes a weird twist. You two pals or is it a big secret?
Freemasons. Talk about an olde worlde order. Wee men, auld grannies, funny fingers, big desks, one eye, crushed trooser legs, goats with really sore bums.

hibees 7062
03-04-2017, 07:56 PM

Ayp , he would have got of with it

Deansy
03-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Just unbelieveable but confirmation we're being punished for stealing the Scottish Cup from the GFA's 'Wee darlings' - Ffs, TV evidence clearly shows there was NO 'Head-butt' !. What next - showing the clip of the Lennon-Duffy spat back-to-front so it shows Lennon charging into the Morton technical-area ?. Hope Leeann goes all the way in defending any punishment coming - f*****g sick of being shafted and s**t on by these s**m !!

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2017, 08:04 PM
So, to sum up.

1 minor news agency reported (19 hours ago) that our national administrator has come to a decision on what was a major talking point last week. And no-one else has.

And that same news agency now seems to have taken the story down.

Is that it?

Jpdhfc
03-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Whatever..

Orange lodge or Masonic lodge

Iggy Pope
03-04-2017, 08:23 PM
So, to sum up.

1 minor news agency reported (19 hours ago) that our national administrator has come to a decision on what was a major talking point last week. And no-one else has.

And that same news agency now seems to have taken the story down.

Is that it?

Not quite. The Bretheren have now implicated the Famous Five. I think this is a slow burner.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Not quite. The Bretheren have now implicated the Famous Five. I think this is a slow burner.
I'll wait until I hear it on The Day Today. 😉

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
03-04-2017, 08:39 PM
I'll wait until I hear it on The Day Today. 😉

I think its tailor made for an Enid Blyton for grown ups thing like the 'Five Give Up The Booze' edition...."Enid Blyton's, Five Turn Into Bib Wearing Weirdos" sort of thing....need a dug though. Or something else with four legs? Hmmmmm. Couldn't call it Timmy though.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2017, 08:42 PM
I think its tailor made for an Enid Blyton for grown ups thing like the 'Five Give Up The Booze' edition...."Enid Blyton's, Five Turn Into Bib Wearing Weirdos" sort of thing....need a dug though. Or something else with four legs? Hmmmmm. Couldn't call it Timmy though.
Five Go On The Square?

So, would a goat be appropriate? (asking for a friend)

greenlex
03-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Managed to screenshot the EEN article before it was taken down. Not in any particular order.������authors name there tho.

Iggy Pope
03-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Five Go On The Square?

So, would a goat be appropriate? (asking for a friend)

No idea what any of that means.
Was scared ****less by a sign once (when attending a birthday party at one of these hovels, against my better judgement), instructing me to "keep out the white shrine".
Didn't need asking twice I can tell you. Weirdos.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Managed to screenshot the EEN article before it was taken down. Not in any particular order.������authors name there tho.
Given that Deadline News posted the story yesterday, I'm guessing that the EEN picked it up there.

And then decided that it wasn't true.......

eastcoasthibby
03-04-2017, 09:12 PM

That's exactly what they want us to do ! The provocation on Saturday from them will be absolutely ridiculous they will be at it from kick off ..falling about diving, late challenges on our players, blatant cheating , its going to be a hellish atmosphere in the game ..well done SFA buffoons just following up on all the shocking refereeing decisions by supporting an incompetent referee ... We need to be controlled and beat them the right way ..with goals and a win that will oil of their hopes of catching us !!

ancient hibee
03-04-2017, 09:16 PM
No idea what any of that means.
Was scared ****less by a sign once (when attending a birthday party at one of these hovels, against my better judgement), instructing me to "keep out the white shrine".
Didn't need asking twice I can tell you. Weirdos.
I remember when Jimmy Mason of Thirds was playing for the Scottish League with some of the FF and someone saying "he's no the only mason in that forward line".Very pleased to have some light shone on this even if it's 65 years too late.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2017, 09:17 PM
That's exactly what they want us to do ! The provocation on Saturday from them will be absolutely ridiculous they will be at it from kick off ..falling about diving, late challenges on our players, blatant cheating , its going to be a hellish atmosphere in the game ..well done SFA buffoons just following up on all the shocking refereeing decisions by supporting an incompetent referee ... We need to be controlled and beat them the right way ..with goals and a win that will oil of their hopes of catching us !!

Need a strong referee (like that's ever gonna happen)

snooky
03-04-2017, 09:25 PM
Need a strong referee (like that's ever gonna happen)

I'd settle for a fair one (i.e. impartial)

pacorosssco
03-04-2017, 09:27 PM
I don't know how anyone could think he isn't acting. There is a very obvious pause before he goes down which is due to his reaction time making the decision to go down. You wouldn't see a pause like that if he'd genuinely been headbutted. If there is is any contact whatsoever it is from the tip of Daz's quiff and that's it.

If the SFA say Daz is guilty of a headbutt then they are at it just as much as Oyenuga.

Yes and as evidence should challenge legally. Time stand up to sfa farce. Ref was a joke as was linesman east stand side

Jonnyboy
03-04-2017, 09:28 PM
I'd settle for a fair one (i.e. impartial)

:agree: but equally unlikely :greengrin

pacorosssco
03-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Yes and as evidence should challenge legally. Time stand up to sfa farce. Ref was a joke as was linesman east stand side

Also why decision made players seperate?? Should both hear same time. It can be challanged if no evidence dived then same none was contact.

Iggy Pope
03-04-2017, 09:32 PM
I remember when Jimmy Mason of Thirds was playing for the Scottish League with some of the FF and someone saying "he's no the only mason in that forward line".Very pleased to have some light shone on this even if it's 65 years too late.

I feel a Harry Swan debate approaching. That one went quiet once we reinstated the Harp above the main stand and promptly won the cup!
A Scottish League game too. If they were all proper funnies they'd have been lined up for more full caps in full forward line. Willie Waddell. Jeez.

pacorosssco
03-04-2017, 09:38 PM

All were alleged to be in lodge and diff time when status was a free pass to club. Sure many will know who was wasnt but is it issue relavent?

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2017, 09:38 PM
I feel a Harry Swan debate approaching. That one went quiet once we reinstated the Harp above the main stand and promptly won the cup!
A Scottish League game too. If they were all proper funnies they'd have been lined up for more full caps in full forward line. Willie Waddell. Jeez.
Five Go Swan- Upping?

Not sure if that's similar to Five Go Muffin the Mule.

ancient hibee
03-04-2017, 09:44 PM
All were alleged to be in lodge and diff time when status was a free pass to club. Sure many will know who was wasnt but is it issue relavent?

Couldn't less personally.

Kato
03-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Story back up

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/morton-striker-kudus-oyenuga-won-t-face-further-sfa-charge-1-4411036

SquashedFrogg
03-04-2017, 10:03 PM
What a shock.

Scottish football is so corrupt it's beyond embarrassing. As said above this is nothing but revenge for us beating the huns in May.

People need to stop with the 'incompetent not cheating' and 'stop the conspiracy theories' stuff and see decisions like this for what they are.

:top marks

Ilovehibs
03-04-2017, 11:16 PM

When you say all the famous five were in the lodge, which lodge was it?

Ilovehibs
03-04-2017, 11:27 PM
EEN article back up again. Exact same as earlier edition but republished at midnight. Strange one.

SteveHFC
04-04-2017, 06:12 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/morton-striker-kudus-oyenuga-sensationally-10152631

oneone73
04-04-2017, 06:25 AM
EEN article back up again. Exact same as earlier edition but republished at midnight. Strange one.

They probably broke the embargo.

BlackSheep
04-04-2017, 06:28 AM
One thing I noticed and was pointed out by a few others after Oyenuga's challenge on Forster was that the ref went to his short pocket initially, this is where his yellow card was... after the flare up he then red carded Oyenuga. So what changed in those moments in the eyes of the ref? Could it have been that on top of his booking for the challenge he was getting booked for simulation?

Since reading that he will not get any further punishment everyone has been assuming the worst for McGregor... but I think there is a chance that the refs report could have Oyenuga's simulation as part of his sending off and therefor the SFA cannot punish him further....?

If that's the case then McGregors ref would definitely be a mistake by the ref and should get rescinded... it's a long shot but only time will tell.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-04-2017, 06:31 AM
Corruption at its finest.

Heisenberg
04-04-2017, 06:35 AM
So we could be left with McLean and Ambrose at central defence on Saturday because of SFA incompetence. Can't wait to see what Lennon will have to say if McGregor gets banned and Oyenuga gets off with it.

CropleyWasGod
04-04-2017, 06:35 AM
Yeah, that fits. Going by the timing of the Deadline News piece, which seems to have been published at midnight the previous day, it looks like they jumped the gun....by mistake...by 24 hours.

Argylehibby
04-04-2017, 07:22 AM
One thing I noticed and was pointed out by a few others after Oyenuga's challenge on Forster was that the ref went to his short pocket initially, this is where his yellow card was... after the flare up he then red carded Oyenuga. So what changed in those moments in the eyes of the ref? Could it have been that on top of his booking for the challenge he was getting booked for simulation?

Since reading that he will not get any further punishment everyone has been assuming the worst for McGregor... but I think there is a chance that the refs report could have Oyenuga's simulation as part of his sending off and therefor the SFA cannot punish him further....?

If that's the case then McGregors ref would definitely be a mistake by the ref and should get rescinded... it's a long shot but only time will tell.

If the ref thought it was simulation at the time after speaking to the linesman he wouldn't have sent DM off.

JimBHibees
04-04-2017, 07:24 AM
So we could be left with McLean and Ambrose at central defence on Saturday because of SFA incompetence. Can't wait to see what Lennon will have to say if McGregor gets banned and Oyenuga gets off with it.

Looks like it. Oyenuga will only get off with the cheating not the red card so will miss 2 games.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-04-2017, 07:41 AM

This! :aok:

Gatecrasher
04-04-2017, 07:42 AM
So this has happened, did the Dundee utd player get called for his elbow in the last game we met?

Callum_62
04-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Absolutely crazy that hes not been pulled up for this

Is there a massive difference between this and Fyvie being done for cheating last year?

theonlywayisup
04-04-2017, 08:10 AM

SFA were making sure the funds had been transferred to their bank account.

Thecat23
04-04-2017, 08:17 AM

To be fair you are spot on. Now I've had time to calm myself down we need to stick to the game plan and play them off the park.

Velma Dinkley
04-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Everyone has known for decades just how corrupt the football authorities are in Scotland. It's as clear as day to everyone, and it's hardly likely to get any clearer than this decision. The football authorities don't seem to feel they are accountable to anyone, though, and nothing ever changes.

JimBHibees
04-04-2017, 08:47 AM
So this has happened, did the Dundee utd player get called for his elbow in the last game we met?

No he didn't incredible really and think he scored the winner in their next game. Incredible inconsistency but to be expected.

Captain Trips
04-04-2017, 08:48 AM
The punishment for this sort of thing should be whatever the player would have been charged with if he had hit them.

So No9 of Morton should be getting the ban for headbutting a player.

And just for the record No9 is a cheating bawbag

Kato
04-04-2017, 08:55 AM
Everyone has known for decades just how corrupt the football authorities are in Scotland. It's as clear as day to everyone, and it's hardly likely to get any clearer than this decision. The football authorities don't seem to feel they are accountable to anyone, though, and nothing ever changes.

This. Clouding the waters with discussions about lodges etc is just waffle.

ancient hibee
04-04-2017, 09:27 AM
What will be really interesting is if the appeals panel,which is totally separate from the compliance officer, rescind the red card that will be telling him to get his eyes tested.

snooky
04-04-2017, 09:55 AM
The punishment for this sort of thing should be whatever the player would have been charged with if he had hit them.

So No9 of Morton should be getting the ban for headbutting a player.

And just for the record No9 is a cheating bawbag

Good idea!

MartinfaePorty
04-04-2017, 10:08 AM
On Radio Scotland the other day they were talking about this and one of the players on the panel mentioned that the laws had changed regarding contact and that touching another player with your head was not necessarily a red card. I've since looked through the laws of the game on the FIFA website and, on a number of occasions, it mentions EXCESSIVE FORCE. Therefore, using that criteria, I would think they have to rescind the red card? It's not as if the intent was there i.e. he moved towards the other player and he moved away to avoid injury.

matty_f
04-04-2017, 10:12 AM
If the ref has dealt with it then it might be the case that the compliance offer has no remit to get involved? Suppose it depends what reason the ref's given for the red card in the first place.

BullsCloseHibs
04-04-2017, 10:13 AM
The only cowards here are the SFA :agree:

3pm
04-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Decision should have been made McGregor's hearing.

And going by the 'not enough evidence' line, the same must apply to McGregor?

silverhibee
04-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Good idea!

It's a conspiracy and been going on for ages. :wink: :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQTxZAAnIk

Lucius Apuleius
04-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Had the article even been proved as genuine yet? Seems a lot of flaffing and worrying over nothing. As for those nasty Masons being involved, SMIB.

Jag7
04-04-2017, 02:01 PM
If McGregor gets a ban and he knows he did nothing, he should take it out of the SFA's hands and take them to a civil court. I am damned sure I would the cheating bar stewards!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2017, 02:10 PM
SFA Gravy Train is one thing but in terms of getting railroaded this is surely the Cheat-Oyenuga Choo-Choo??

Peevemor
04-04-2017, 02:18 PM
SFA Gravy Train is one thing but in terms of getting railroaded this is surely the Cheat-Oyenuga Choo-Choo??

Ouch!

BullsCloseHibs
04-04-2017, 02:36 PM
No real surprise about this, considering their next game is vs us, he was always gonna get the off with it.:agree:

worcesterhibby
04-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Had the article even been proved as genuine yet? Seems a lot of flaffing and worrying over nothing. As for those nasty Masons being involved, SMIB.

greenlex
04-04-2017, 03:05 PM
No real surprise about this, considering their next game is vs us, he was always gonna get the off with it.:agree:
He is banned for Saturday. Not sure what you mean.

greenlex
04-04-2017, 03:05 PM
SFA Gravy Train is one thing but in terms of getting railroaded this is surely the Cheat-Oyenuga Choo-Choo?? :thumbsup: I liked it. :greengrin

stantonhibby
04-04-2017, 03:06 PM

His red card still stands so still has a 2 game ban and is out for Saturday

Marco G
04-04-2017, 03:27 PM
It has appeared in a few papers now, byline to a freelance journo. No official comment from anyone so could easily be a load of tripe. Compliance officer is unlikely to say anything until Darren has had his appeal considered imo, since it could be seen as influencing the outcome.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

MrSmith
04-04-2017, 03:47 PM
His red card still stands so still has a 2 game ban and is out for Saturday

Under no circumstance can his red card be upheld! By their own admission, the SFA have set precedence with their insufficient evidence (if reports are true?) response! Damned by their own cold dead hand!!!

snooky
04-04-2017, 03:55 PM

:top marks

JimBHibees
04-04-2017, 03:59 PM

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

04-04-2017, 04:06 PM

This 100%.

The SFA are an utter joke. If Oyenuga or any other non-OF player had done that to an old firm player he would have been absolutely hammered because the cowards that run Scottish football wouldn't have wanted the inevitable hammering from the club and their wee pals in the media.

greenginger
04-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Oyenuga still not listed as having any suspension at all on SFA site.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2016/17/PlayerSuspensions/LOS38%20(30%20Mar%202017)%20CW.pdf

Kato
04-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Oyenuga still not listed as having any suspension at all on SFA site.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=16874

Radium
04-04-2017, 04:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170404/739007be283aae1297838ea42300c4e6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170404/3c87436e6357b2745a0847c969447cf3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170404/debf59626f7c68b8e53442c8c10f59e1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170404/97ed34cf3b0ec07a8f85e62af14b2833.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170404/1538953bebbb2a212ef4e499541d6eee.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170404/2b3282acf1690b4dbf55af6017f7805a.jpg

Wow

greenginger
04-04-2017, 04:56 PM
I wonder if the SFA will set up an independent inquiry for this one.

Deansy
04-04-2017, 05:13 PM
I wonder if the SFA will set up an independent inquiry for this one.

No chance - an independent inquiry might use common-sense, logic and TV evidence but most of all, no bias.

macca70
04-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Hearing 2 days before the semi, not ideal prep, especially if this is something Lennon needs to attend.

ancient hibee
04-04-2017, 10:16 PM
So Lennon is charged with adopting an aggressive attitude to Duffy and other members of Morton staff who entered his technical area.Surely a case of self defence as they are charged with being there and acting aggressively.

Onion
05-04-2017, 11:48 AM
If the SFA are not charging Oyenuga with feigning injury or simulation, then they must believe McGregor is guilty of assaulting him and therefor unlikely to remind the red card.

Shirley, it's got to be one or the other ?

BSEJVT
05-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Oneynuga is utter pish and it would have been better for us if he had been playing.

I hope someone reminds the ex yam fud Oliver what a real tackle is after his persistent fouling in previous game.

He is pish as well

jacomo
05-04-2017, 12:57 PM
No chance - an independent inquiry might use common-sense, logic and TV evidence but most of all, no bias.

:agree:

They will be wary of going down that path again.

ancient hibee
05-04-2017, 01:56 PM
If the SFA are not charging Oyenuga with feigning injury or simulation, then they must believe McGregor is guilty of assaulting him and therefor unlikely to remind the red card.

Shirley, it's got to be one or the other ?

Two different issues dealt with by different areas.One is the Compliance Officer the other is the appeals panel .So quite possible to have different outcomes.

greenlex
05-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Two different issues dealt with by different areas.One is the Compliance Officer the other is the appeals panel .So quite possible to have different outcomes.
I get it but it just shows that the authorities need to address this. If it was a business and two different departments in that business were at odds with each other it would be sorted out. How hard is it for the compliance officer to be on the appeals panel or wait until an appeal has been heard before wading in with a decision he didnt need to make at the time he did. If Darren does not lose his appeal (which is 4 days after thr compliance officer makes a decision on the matter)its an absolute farce. It will be a bigger farce if he does not win his appeal and the red recinded as it shows the appeal process is pre determined and flawed.