PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths ties a green and white scarf to the PBS post!

Callyballybe
02-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Exactly as it says on the tin. I know it's a Celtic scarf, but we all know what team he was really thinking of when he did it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-celtic-striker-leigh-griffiths-10144861

What a legend. Hibs class.

Callyballybe
02-04-2017, 08:41 PM
P.S. Apologies for the Daily Rancid link, it's worth it though.

HibsNutter
02-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Can't take any satisfaction from him tying another team's scarf to a Hearts goalpost I'm afraid

HibbyAndy
02-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Superb Leigh

Sir David Gray
02-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Can't take any satisfaction from him tying another team's scarf to a Hearts goalpost I'm afraid

Ditto.

I'm happy to see him turn up to watch his real team but anything he does in a Celtic strip is of no interest to me.

SirDavidsNapper
02-04-2017, 08:49 PM
A Celtic player ties a Celtic scarf to the post then waves to the Celtic fans. Hope he develops a bad case of the ****s tonight

SaulGoodman
02-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Exactly as it says on the tin. I know it's a Celtic scarf, but we all know what team he was really thinking of when he did it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-celtic-striker-leigh-griffiths-10144861

Aye he was thinking about how he can get further up the ***** of the Celtic fans.

ColinNish
02-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Yeah, really sure he was thinking of Hibs when he did that.

Do you think he thinks of Hibs when he kisses the Celtc badge on his shirt?

Smartie
02-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Aye he was thinking about how he can get further up the ***** of the Celtic fans.

I wouldn't have thought hoops would need to be starred out in a thread about Celtic?

Still Smiling
02-04-2017, 09:04 PM
There is who you work for and who you love!!

Callyballybe
02-04-2017, 09:32 PM

Yes, I'm sure he thinks of Hibs when he did all those things, also when he goes to bed at night, when he wakes up in the morning and when he's pumping his missus'. :rolleyes:

It was a lighthearted comment, and should be treated as such.

Nicho87
02-04-2017, 09:35 PM
I like griffiths. But find the erse licking to Celtic fans a bit cringe. Sorry.

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2017, 09:37 PM

yes

heretoday
02-04-2017, 09:45 PM
Good for him.

Man Down Under
03-04-2017, 12:48 AM
He wouldn't be doing it for hibs. But we know he likes the coinicidence it's the Hibs colours too. I think its pretty funny.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
03-04-2017, 01:27 AM
No interest in a Celtic player pandering to Celtic fans

Steve20
03-04-2017, 03:18 AM

Not Hibs class tying a Celtic scarf to a post in front of Celtic fans. He'd be thinking about Celtic and that's it.

R'Albin
03-04-2017, 03:24 AM
Not Hibs class tying a Celtic scarf to a post in front of Celtic fans. He'd be thinking about Celtic and that's it.

:agree:

I lost any respect I had for him when he kissed their badge. Pathetic.

hibbiedon
03-04-2017, 04:04 AM
If we meet them in the final, will he try to score against us and would he kiss the Celtic badge, I loved Leigh as a hibs player, when he joined that lot he ceased to be one of us just like Kenny miller did. There's too many on here that think it's ok to go to Celtic but not to rangers, the ugly sisters are two vile clubs that are Scotlands shame

AgentDaleCooper
03-04-2017, 04:21 AM
If we meet them in the final, will he try to score against us and would he kiss the Celtic badge, I loved Leigh as a hibs player, when he joined that lot he ceased to be one of us just like Kenny miller did. There's too many on here that think it's ok to go to Celtic but not to rangers, the ugly sisters are two vile clubs that are Scotlands shame

i absolutely share your sentiments, but at the same time, there will always be some players who don't want to move south or overseas, but have families (vast families in leigh's case) and want to make the most the can out of their career financially, in which case there's basically only two places they can go. this said, the badge kissing is a bit much, but i just put it down to him being daft as a brush, and possibly also just wanting to be accepted by their fans after having a rubbish time down at wolves where he never seemed settled. i don't doubt for a minute that his love of hibs is genuine and that of a true fan, though.

ColinNish
03-04-2017, 06:15 AM
Yes, I'm sure he thinks of Hibs when he did all those things, also when he goes to bed at night, when he wakes up in the morning and when he's pumping his missus'. :rolleyes:

It was a lighthearted comment, and should be treated as such.

Well you never know, maybe when he's pumping missus number 1 he thinks of Celtc and when he's pumping missus number 2 he thinks of Hibs. 😙

CRAZYHIBBY
03-04-2017, 06:41 AM
Celtic player putting celtic scarf on tynecastle goal post.....what has this got to do with us...threads a bit cringey imo

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2017, 06:45 AM

Hibs class???

Hibs Class
03-04-2017, 06:49 AM

Not Hibs Class. Trust me on this.

Since90+2
03-04-2017, 06:57 AM

If we played them in the final he would try to score against us that's fairly obvious. I doubt he would kiss the badge though.

G B Young
03-04-2017, 10:23 AM
I find it hard to understand why ANY Hibs fan would have a problem with Leigh Griffiths. He gave us two years of outstanding service and some terrific goals and without that we'd likely have been in relegation bother long before we ended up going down.

He wore (and still wears) his heart on his sleeve as a lifelong Hibs fan and I'll always regard him as one of my favourite Hibs players. So what if he celebrates with the Celtic fans after winning the title?

tamig
03-04-2017, 10:28 AM
I find it hard to understand why ANY Hibs fan would have a problem with Leigh Griffiths. He gave us two years of outstanding service and some terrific goals and without that we'd likely have been in relegation bother long before we ended up going down.

He wore (and still wears) his heart on his sleeve as a lifelong Hibs fan and I'll always regard him as one of my favourite Hibs players. So what if he celebrates with the Celtic fans after winning the title?

Well said.

snooky
03-04-2017, 10:47 AM
If we played them in the final he would try to score against us that's fairly obvious. I doubt he would kiss the badge though.

I would imagine it would be how Dennis Law felt when he scored for Man City to relegate Utd down - or maybe not. :wink:

Argylehibby
03-04-2017, 10:55 AM

I don't think anyone on here has a problem with LG or with him celebrating a title win with the fans of the team he plays for. The issue is trying to tie those celebrations back to his love for Hibs.

seanoheimhin
03-04-2017, 10:59 AM
He's a professional footballer. It's his job and playing for them makes professional sense for him right now.

It has nothing to do with the club he supports and showing a bit of passion playing for another team takes nothing away from that.

You don't have to like it, but to doubt his credentials as a hibs fan because of it is laughable.

NAE NOOKIE
03-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Nothing much to do with us IMO ... the colour of the scarf is purely coincidental, even if LG was thinking of Hibs when he did it, its a Celtic scarf not a Hibs scarf.

Badge kissing aside, which he should have thought twice about, I don't think LG's Hibs supporting credentials can be questioned .... if we could match or improve on the wages he gets at Celtic I'm sure he would be down the M8 in a shot :aok:

snedzuk
03-04-2017, 12:09 PM
LG to miss the crucial penalty in the cup final shoot out should see him back here next season!

The Green Goblin
03-04-2017, 12:42 PM
I would imagine it would be how Dennis Law felt when he scored for Man City to relegate Utd down - or maybe not. :wink:

Forgive me for being today's pedant :greengrin but when Law backheeled that goal against Utd, it didn't actually relegate Utd. They could still have avoided it. (Sorry!)

MWHIBBIES
03-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Nothing much to do with us IMO ... the colour of the scarf is purely coincidental, even if LG was thinking of Hibs when he did it, its a Celtic scarf not a Hibs scarf.

Badge kissing aside, which he should have thought twice about, I don't think LG's Hibs supporting credentials can be questioned .... if we could match or improve on the wages he gets at Celtic I'm sure he would be down the M8 in a shot :aok:His Hibs credentials have a price then?

Obviously the guy can do what he likes but I wouldn't sign for Celtic/Rangers/Hearts over Hibs for money. Hibs pay top earners more than enough to live a very comfortable lifestyle in a brilliant city.

Since90+2
03-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Griffiths is probably on about £10,000 a week at Celtic plus substantial bonuses for goals and winning trophies. If he was at Hibs his basic wage would be about £2000 a week. Thats a massive difference in salary especially when added up over 4 or 5 years plus the fact he has a large family to provide for.

Each to their own and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I wont be putting Griffiths down for taking the money.

poolman
03-04-2017, 01:13 PM
He's a professional footballer. It's his job and playing for them makes professional sense for him right now.

It has nothing to do with the club he supports and showing a bit of passion playing for another team takes nothing away from that.

You don't have to like it, but to doubt his credentials as a hibs fan because of it is laughable.

Spot on

ColinNish
03-04-2017, 04:41 PM

No one is doubting his credentials as a Hibs fan but the OP stating he was thinking of Hibs when tying a Celtc scarf on a goalpost at the PBS is quite frankly, laughable.

ancient hibee
03-04-2017, 04:52 PM
His Hibs credentials have a price then?

Obviously the guy can do what he likes but I wouldn't sign for Celtic/Rangers/Hearts over Hibs for money. Hibs pay top earners more than enough to live a very comfortable lifestyle in a brilliant city.
Sign for The OF though and it makes your life after football much more comfortable.

MWHIBBIES
03-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Sign for The OF though and it makes your life after football much more comfortable.Does it? Can you even go shopping without a baseball cap and shades when you play for the Old Firm??