PDA

View Full Version : Next week V Morton

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-04-2017, 06:02 PM
What's your thoughts on how this will play out?

Can't help thinking they will be putting the boot in and taking full advantage of the woeful standard of refereeing in this league.

:aok:

Hi Heid Yin
02-04-2017, 06:10 PM
What's your thoughts on how this will play out?

Can't help thinking they will be putting the boot in and taking full advantage of the woeful standard of refereeing in this league.

:aok:

Our lads are usually up for the big games, so I sense a 2 goal margin victory for the mighty Hibees.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Draw.

Captain Trips
02-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Hope we do them and getvit right up The Morton Manager.

offshorehibby
02-04-2017, 06:32 PM
After the shenanigans on Wednesday Hibs are going to be well up for this next week. GGTTH

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Morton have to win this one. I think that we will win but it will be close. Time to forget last week and show the home team the way that visitors should behave.

Pete
02-04-2017, 06:39 PM
A draw or a 1-0 win for hibs.

We'll grind this title out.

Ronniekirk
02-04-2017, 07:04 PM
I keep predicting we will go on wee run of wins and it hasn't happened
They have lost two and drawn one in their last three games
No surprise the draw was against us
We struggled the last time we were there
So am going for Draw in hope they prove me wrong and finally kick start that winning run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
02-04-2017, 07:06 PM
I personally think that a draw will be a good result from this. They're very solid at home.

Hibs Class
02-04-2017, 07:26 PM
2-1 Hibs, Darren with the winner on 90 + 2

02-04-2017, 07:33 PM
A draw or a 1-0 win for hibs.

We'll grind this title out.

Agree, can't see this being anything but a tight affair, likely draw I reckon or Hibs will squeak a 1-0. TBH a draw wouldn't be the worst result for us but the players can't go into the game with that attitude. One things for sure NL will be up for it!

Ronniekirk
02-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Is this still pay at the gate Or do you need ticket in advance
Have always just paid at the gate there but with significance of this one wondered if we will take larger support than usual given we had nearly 4 000 at East End Park

Sir David Gray
02-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Is this still pay at the gate Or do you need ticket in advance
Have always just paid at the gate there but with significance of this one wondered if we will take larger support than usual given we had nearly 4 000 at East End Park

You don't necessarily need a ticket in advance but you are able to purchase in advance.

Whether there's a pay at the gate option will all depend on how popular the advanced sales are.

Ronniekirk
02-04-2017, 07:45 PM
You don't necessarily need a ticket in advance but you are able to purchase in advance.

Whether there's a pay at the gate option will all depend on how popular the advanced sales are.

Do you know how many their away end holds. As may decide to get a few in advance Weather forecast is good and the que outside east end park Patg was big so this could be similar

Billy Whizz
02-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Do you know how many their away end holds. As may decide to get a few in advance Weather forecast is good and the que outside east end park Patg was big so this could be similar

Around 3,000 Ronnie. Would have been a sellout if we'd been able to win the league on Saturday

Smartie
02-04-2017, 08:25 PM
There wasn't a bad tackle in the game the other night until injury time.

It isn't anything like the grudge match the media want it to be.

It'll be a decent game between 2 decent football teams.

We'll get a draw which will suit us fine.

All the cameras will be trained upon the stand, where Duffy and Lennon will be seated, in anticipation of something happening that never will.

We seal the title the following week against Queens and we put this whole sorry Championship episode behind us.

bod
02-04-2017, 08:35 PM
After the shenanigans on Wednesday Hibs are going to be well up for this next week. GGTTH

as will Morton,think it'll be tight 1 goal might win it-hopefully it'll be for us

Billy Whizz
02-04-2017, 08:49 PM
We need to do enough, to win the league at ER the following week

Sir David Gray
02-04-2017, 09:09 PM
We need to do enough, to win the league at ER the following week

That's out of our hands unfortunately if Falkirk win their next two games we won't be able to win it against Queen of the South.

Nicho87
02-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Draw. Free money this weekend imo.

heretoday
02-04-2017, 09:53 PM
It's tailor made for a Hibs win.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Draw and draw at Tannnadice. I hate how I'm not a gambler as a 1-1 draw at Dunfermline was a nap.

Ronniekirk
02-04-2017, 10:23 PM
It's tailor made for a Hibs win.

Suits me

Vini1875
02-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Hibs will go all out for the win. We need to end with a flourish and not just stagger over the line as the others trip up all over the place. The end of the season could ressemble a drunken three legged race.

Greenworld
03-04-2017, 06:38 AM
Hibs win 2 nil

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Morton are toiling at the moment. Seems to have got too much for them

NAE NOOKIE
03-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Hard one to call ... we cant buy a win just now and Morton's home form is impressive barring their loss to Dunfermline, even then I understand the Pars goalie had a great game.

What I don't think it will be is a kicking match, in spite of the end of the game last Wednesday Morton weren't exactly Falkirk during it ... this is Morton's last chance to stay in touch with us and they would be mental to depart from the decent football that's served them well over the season in order to turn the game into a battle .... this season Hibs have tended to win games like that, IMO it wouldn't be a bad thing for us if Morton went looking for a fight rather than a game of football.

1 - 1 draw I'm thinking.

MacBean
03-04-2017, 09:38 AM
That's out of our hands unfortunately if Falkirk win their next two games we won't be able to win it against Queen of the South.

aye it's our hands but it could also be wrapped up this weekend (Albeit GD being the main thing). If we win and Falkirk lose.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2017, 09:42 AM
aye it's our hands but it could also be wrapped up this weekend (Albeit GD being the main thing). If we win and Falkirk lose.

Falkirk away to Dundee Utd, can't see them winning at Tannadice

Thecat23
03-04-2017, 09:55 AM
After what's happened you watch Hibs come out and play like they did against Dundee Utd at ER and Hearts. The boys will be right up for this game. 0-3 Hibs!

Borderhibbie76
03-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Hard one to call ... we cant buy a win just now and Morton's home form is impressive barring their loss to Dunfermline, even then I understand the Pars goalie had a great game.

What I don't think it will be is a kicking match, in spite of the end of the game last Wednesday Morton weren't exactly Falkirk during it ... this is Morton's last chance to stay in touch with us and they would be mental to depart from the decent football that's served them well over the season in order to turn the game into a battle .... this season Hibs have tended to win games like that, IMO it wouldn't be a bad thing for us if Morton went looking for a fight rather than a game of football.

1 - 1 draw I'm thinking.
We can't buy a win?? We won against Falkirk a week past Sat and also beach Dundee Utd at Tannadice (only team to do so this season). I know the last 2 matches haven't been great but let's not exaggerate ah??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JDHibs
03-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Will be a very tight game.

Cant see us getting beat so itll be a draw or a 1 goal margin win for us.

We beat them and the title is over.

Big L
03-04-2017, 07:06 PM
After what's happened you watch Hibs come out and play like they did against Dundee Utd at ER and Hearts. The boys will be right up for this game. 0-3 Hibs!

The bookies agree wi that, HiBS hot fav's at 8/11 Morton 15/4. I think it will be a battle royal from the 1st minute.

coldingham hibs
03-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Hibs to lose 1-0 & Falkirk to draw 2-2.

Pescarese
03-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Goalless draw is my prediction, though either side might nick a goal. Hope it's us.

Sir David Gray
03-04-2017, 08:14 PM

Yes those two results would pretty much wrap things up.

We would be 12 points ahead of Falkirk with 12 points left to play for, 13 ahead of Dundee Utd with 15 left to play for and 14 ahead of Morton with 15 left to play for.

None of these teams would overturn that sort of gap.

Borderhibbie76
03-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Hibs to lose 1-0 & Falkirk to draw 2-2.
Wow not like u to tip your team to get beat...again 🙈🙈🙈

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

monktonharp
04-04-2017, 01:29 AM
Hibs to lose 1-0 & Falkirk to draw 2-2.just you go to the John Muir country Park for the weekend, while all us Hibbies go to Greenock to support Hibernian, watch them scud the Greenock Morton:wink:

monktonharp
04-04-2017, 01:35 AM
Morton do have the game in hand, don't know if it's this mid-week but it is almost a derby against one of their local counterparts ie: the buddies, who are certainly on a roll. hope it's this week.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-04-2017, 01:47 AM
A draw looks the most likely outcome.
1-1.

Dibben
04-04-2017, 05:07 AM
Morton do have the game in hand, don't know if it's this mid-week but it is almost a derby against one of their local counterparts ie: the buddies, who are certainly on a roll. hope it's this week.

The Morton / Buddies game is next Wednesday!!

JimBHibees
04-04-2017, 07:41 AM
The Morton / Buddies game is next Wednesday!!

Can't see them winning that, St Mirren best team in the league at present.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-04-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm expecting fireworks after the ridiculous decision to let that cheat off with simulation.

One bad tackle and all hell will break loose I think and they will know a weak referee will punish us not hem.

Who is the ref for Saturday anyway?

theonlywayisup
04-04-2017, 08:16 AM
I'm expecting fireworks after the ridiculous decision to let that cheat off with simulation.

One bad tackle and all hell will break loose I think and they will know a weak referee will punish us not hem.

Who is the ref for Saturday anyway?

I agree. Let's no forget the ridiculous challenge (assault) on Fyvie at the end of the Morton game last season. One that put him out for around six games. Now we have Forster out for a few games. When will the refs take action on the hatchet men.

I've no doubt that there will be players sent off on Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Hibs player who is sent off first.

Phil MaGlass
04-04-2017, 08:28 AM
3/4-0 for Hibs

Vini1875
04-04-2017, 09:22 AM
We have a habit this season of turning up for the big games. This has suddenly turned into one of those. A Hibs win although it may cost in terms of player injuries. We must beat them given all the crap that has gone on.

Mainstandman
04-04-2017, 09:25 AM
3-0 I think they'll come out all guns blazing

Dashing Bob S
04-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Agree with most of the posts about our teams reaction. Those monkeys have cut their own throats. Had they not kicked off at the end of the game, we would have sleepwalked to a draw or a narrow defeat at Cappilelow. Now there's little chance of that happening - we'll be fired up for this match. Only an ******** of an incompetent Hun referee will give Morton any chance whatsoever.

hibbie02
04-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Yes those two results would pretty much wrap things up.

We would be 12 points ahead of Falkirk with 12 points left to play for, 13 ahead of Dundee Utd with 15 left to play for and 14 ahead of Morton with 15 left to play for.

None of these teams would overturn that sort of gap.

And our last 3 games are against the bottom 3 in the League, with 2 at Home. Morton have to play Dundee Utd and Dunfie in their last 2 games. Falkirk also have to play Dunfie and QOS.

I know our record against the bottom 3 has been uninspiring, but all 3 will need to come out and play in those matches or face relegation or playoffs. They can't play for a draw, it it way too tight down there.

I can see us taking the title by a good margin, even playing the way we are.

Pescarese
04-04-2017, 04:52 PM
And our last 3 games are against the bottom 3 in the League, with 2 at Home. Morton have to play Dundee Utd and Dunfie in their last 2 games. Falkirk also have to play Dunfie and QOS.

I know our record against the bottom 3 has been uninspiring, but all 3 will need to come out and play in those matches or face relegation or playoffs. They can't play for a draw, it it way too tight down there.

I can see us taking the title by a good margin, even playing the way we are.

I doubt St Mirren will be in the drop zone by the final match. Especially if they win the derby next week against Morton, here's hoping for that. Hibs ought to be playing some fringe players in the last 2/3 games, league sewn up and maybe a cup final to prepare for too. Once the league is won, who cares about the winning margin?

Ronniekirk
04-04-2017, 05:56 PM
I doubt St Mirren will be in the drop zone by the final match. Especially if they win the derby next week against Morton, here's hoping for that. Hibs ought to be playing some fringe players in the last 2/3 games, league sewn up and maybe a cup final to prepare for too. Once the league is won, who cares about the winning margin?

St Mirren are the current form Team If they can keep this form going and depending on other results they wont even be in play offs which looked inevitable not so long ago
Ross Jack has done something right

Billy Whizz
04-04-2017, 05:58 PM
St Mirren are the current form Team If they can keep this form going and depending on other results they wont even be in play offs which looked inevitable not so long ago

Jack Ross is his name, Ronnie🤣

Ronniekirk
04-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Jack Ross is his name, Ronnie🤣

Its an Age thing Billy lol Thanks
I see Morton game is now Ticket only now!!!

Billy Whizz
04-04-2017, 06:13 PM

Plenty of time to get them sent out

Lago
04-04-2017, 06:36 PM

Think the authorities are starting to worry about this game, could be a bit tastie.

Ronniekirk
04-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Think the authorities are starting to worry about this game, could be a bit tastie.

Tempted to go to home end but will no doubt get tickets tonight and print them off at work even though am on Holiday tomorrow
B

oneone73
04-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Tempted to go to home end but will no doubt get tickets tonight and print them off at work even though am on Holiday tomorrow
B

Can you print away tickets?

Ronniekirk
04-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Can you print away tickets?
Oops no

greenlex
05-04-2017, 02:26 AM
Bobby madden the ref.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Bobby madden the ref.

Oh please God no...:bitchy:

hibbie02
05-04-2017, 10:17 AM

If St Mirren perform that well in their closing games and escape the drop zone, then they will take points off all the top teams at a crucial time. We could manage to drop a point or 3 in that case but Morton, Falkirk and United can't.