PDA

View Full Version : Cathro simply must stay!

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2017, 01:18 PM
I love the man. He's been brilliant from his first day. It would be a disgrace if Hearts launched him.

lucky
02-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Can't wait for his interview after their latest tanking

Joe6-2
02-04-2017, 01:19 PM
It's ok

hfc rd
02-04-2017, 01:20 PM
"One Ian Cathro"

PatHead
02-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Wonder what positives he will find for his interview.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Wonder what positives he will find for his interview.

Keep it down to 5

weecounty hibby
02-04-2017, 01:25 PM
He is a genius don't you know!! I mean Newcastle tried so hard to keep him. Didn't they??

Thecat23
02-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Keep it down to 5

😂

Hibernian Verse
02-04-2017, 01:27 PM
Im sure he's a very good U21s coach but you could tell from the way Isma looked at him that he's already lost the dressing room.

Pleasing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ErinGoBraghHFC
02-04-2017, 01:37 PM
stadiums half empty and they get a 5-0 doing at home.

pleasing.:faf:

SirDavidsNapper
02-04-2017, 01:37 PM
He's already a legend in my eyes

southern hibby
02-04-2017, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=PatHead;4997708]Wonder what positives he will find for his interview.[/QUOTE

Probably something like never scored seven like Hibs did in Jan 73, this will definitely keep the hoarded on his side.

GGTTH

HibbyAndy
02-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Am no turning over for the Swansea game till cathro speaks:cb

southern hibby
02-04-2017, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=HibbyAndy;4997767]Am no turning over for the Swansea game till cathro speaks:cb

Absolutely brilliant.

GGTTH

sleeping giant
02-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Work
Work
We come to our work
Do our work
It doesn't work
We need to work
Work
Work

Smartie
02-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Uh wuh. Eh?

Broken Gnome
02-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Work
Work
We come to our work
Do our work
It doesn't work
We need to work
Work
Work

You forgot 'happy' and 'important'.

Joe6-2
02-04-2017, 01:41 PM
David Tanner, it's the smallest dressing room in the world! Ha ha ha ha

Pete
02-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Kris Boyd knew.

sleeping giant
02-04-2017, 01:44 PM
You forgot 'happy' and 'important'.

We'll learn
We'll train for circumstances
We'll go to work
All that is important .
It's important that we are happy in our work.
Hiya Mum

hibees 7062
02-04-2017, 01:48 PM
That clown playing the hertz song after the game . Tae nobody :greengrin

Joe6-2
02-04-2017, 01:49 PM

Even they surely don't want to listen to that dire bloody song!

hfc rd
02-04-2017, 01:49 PM

Bet they still announced it as "another tynecastle sell-out"

😂

Joe6-2
02-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Is he not going to 'speak'

James70
02-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Still waiting for the boffin's interview but Ian Cathro's laptop is "not responding"

hibees 7062
02-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Still waiting for the boffin's interview but Ian Cathro's laptop is "not responding"

https://thesouthbankhub.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/52.gif

hibees 7062
02-04-2017, 01:56 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/freecommenttags/Thank%20You/COMPUTER_THANKYOUANIM-vi.gif Ma hertz were broken

Pete
02-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Is he not going to 'speak'

He might just pass a note instead.

weecounty hibby
02-04-2017, 02:02 PM
He's more ZX81 than laptop!

snooky
02-04-2017, 02:02 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/freecommenttags/Thank%20You/COMPUTER_THANKYOUANIM-vi.gif Ma hertz were broken

:faf::faf::faf: :top marks :aok:

greenginger
02-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Never mind the laptop-man, I wonder if Mrs Budge is feeling any strain.

At the start she must have thought this football was a real easy gig. Hailed as a saviour, promotion at first time of asking, decent first season and the belief that Harry Potter is a football talent spotter without equal.

Then came the cup defeats by us and the wheels have come off the Gorgie bus. New stand committed too, drop off of DD,s and season ticket sales to start soon.

I wonder what the sales pitch will be ?

HoboHarry
02-04-2017, 02:28 PM
They aren't a happy lot over on Yakback lol........

Franck Stanton
02-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Good job they didnae score - or they would be dead as a club.

02-04-2017, 02:34 PM
This guy is comedy gold :faf: His interviews sound like someone who has only just been introduced into society and has no idea how to speak to people. The more he tries to come across as some sort of philosophical football intellectual, the weirder he sounds. The man can barely string a proper sentence together, it's all just a bumbling ramble.

02-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Someone over on keekback before the game said he'd rather have Cathro than Rogers as a manager

hibs#1
02-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Work
Work
We come to our work
Do our work
It doesn't work
We need to work
Work
Work

Is that not a Rihanna song?

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Someone over on keekback before the game said he'd rather have Cathro than Rogers as a manager

I'm guessing whoever typed that has had a Hibs season ticket for many a year :greengrin

Kato
02-04-2017, 02:55 PM

At the start she must have thought this football was a real easy gig. Hailed as a saviour, promotion at first time of asking, decent first season and the belief that Harry Potter is a football talent spotter without equal.

Then came the cup defeats by us and the wheels have come off the Gorgie bus. New stand committed too, drop off of DD,s and season ticket sales to start soon.

"Aye but it's the biggest and best bus in Scottish football, with loads of character and is the envy of everybody, especially the HIVS." (points at p*sh riddled, rusting 12 seater charabanc..)

Vault Boy
02-04-2017, 03:23 PM
A few of them fancy trying to sign Sir David and Lewis Stevenson in order to fix their defensive woes.

Aye right. :faf:

jacomo
02-04-2017, 03:36 PM
He is the future of Scottish football.

Hertz fans need to ignore today's result and focus on the bigger picture.

hfc rd
02-04-2017, 03:49 PM
A few of them fancy trying to sign Sir David and Lewis Stevenson in order to fix their defensive woes.

Aye right. :faf:

After we papped them out of the cup in February, some of them even said they had a chance of signing Jason Cummings. 😂

Flanny boy
02-04-2017, 03:50 PM

Maybe something like don't worry ruuuudi will be signing a 5 year contract in the Summer, panic over

GreenLake
02-04-2017, 03:51 PM
30 years of fraud and fortune replaced by angst and anger at the piggery.

Flanny boy
02-04-2017, 03:59 PM

HAHA lovely jubbly

Aldo
02-04-2017, 04:02 PM

This in a nutshell GL! What's more pleasing is we pretty much ended their season !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baader
02-04-2017, 04:14 PM
All part of the Masterplan I'm sure...

He has the potential to be "world class" remember... :faf:

Big_Franck
02-04-2017, 04:20 PM
This in a nutshell GL! What's more pleasing is we pretty much ended their season !

...again!

I agree with another poster above, Budge needs to look at the bigger picture here. This is a long term experiment, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of Cathro yet.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Living within your means is a bitch.

At least when Hibs fans moan about things it's with sonething resembling a grip on reality. Hearts fans still think they are playing the fantasy football they enjoyed under Mercer, Robinson and Vlad. Truth is the likes of us, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have all had days like today against Celtic in the league in the relatively recent past because it's just what happens from time to time.

They have a senseible chairwoman who understands the boom and bust days are gone, a director of football who has won absolutely nothing as player or manager and an untested manager miles out of his depth. Suck it up Hearts fans, you lorded it up in the good times so take your medicine now.

PatHead
02-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Just a blip while he gets his ideas over. This time next year........... Problem is he can't speaking the English so no-one understands.

bingo70
02-04-2017, 04:26 PM
...again!

I agree with another poster above, Budge needs to look at the bigger picture here. This is a long term experiment, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of Cathro yet.

It's a well worn cliche that managers need time but sometimes you need to accept people are duds. Unfortunately we found that out too late with Butcher.

Cathro is clearly out of his depth and to continue with him out of sheer stubbornness is madness but long may it continue. If they give him next season they'll be relegation candidates for certain.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-04-2017, 04:29 PM
I strongly believe that cathro needs time......hes an absolutely fabulous hearts manager and i for one hope he gets an extended contract

Col2
02-04-2017, 04:38 PM
The best bit for me in all this is Anne (queen) Budge.

Yes she rocked up for £2m initially but the club is financed by loyal season tickets and impressive donations from fans (which are decreasing).

Yet she makes it clear to all and sundry that it's HER club and she will
run it the way she wants to run it. Her obsession with an expensive main stand which will increase capacity marginally is going to become a real probable with costs increasing and income decreasing, not to meantion the existing funding gap.

The fans? Couldn't be less excited about a new stand when they continue to be humiliated on the pitch. While the wee club go for two in a row and look forward to a title win and some more fun in derby games in a few months.

It's brilliant.

Big_Franck
02-04-2017, 04:39 PM
It's a well worn cliche that managers need time but sometimes you need to accept people are duds. Unfortunately we found that out too late with Butcher.

Cathro is clearly out of his depth and to continue with him out of sheer stubbornness is madness but long may it continue. If they give him next season they'll be relegation candidates for certain.

Thankfully for us Budge seems to be an extremely patient woman. Also, Levein would have to accept that he made a mistake with Cathro for him to be sacked now, so there's no chance of that happening.

For any yams looking in, Cathro is going nowhere any time soon :greengrin

LithgaeHibby
02-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Ian Cathro, Perry Kitchen and Malaury Martin all on long-term contracts too. Happy days.

Jack Hackett
02-04-2017, 04:49 PM
One of the muppets over the road on the opposite thread from this "Sack him now/Cathro should resign", asked what the table would be like since he took over. Can't post over there, so thought I'd oblige here :greengrin

Big_Franck
02-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Ian Cathro, Perry Kitchen and Malaury Martin all on long-term contracts too. Happy days.

You forgot about Connor Sammon. That big donkey's contract runs until the summer of 2019 and having signed him from Derby he'll be on a good wage. Oshaniwa still has another year left on his deal as well.

greenginger
02-04-2017, 04:55 PM
The best bit for me in all this is Anne (queen) Budge.

Yes she rocked up for £2m initially but the club is financed by loyal season tickets and impressive donations from fans (which are decreasing).

Yet she makes it clear to all and sundry that it's HER club and she will
run it the way she wants to run it. Her obsession with an expensive main stand which will increase capacity marginally is going to become a real probable with costs increasing and income decreasing, not to meantion the existing funding gap.

The fans? Couldn't be less excited about a new stand when they continue to be humiliated on the pitch. While the wee club go for two in a row and look forward to a title win and some more fun in derby games in a few months.

It's brilliant.

I do have the feeling that the new stand was forced upon them by the Council. By threatening not to renew the safety certificate (only guessing ) Mrs Budge's hand was forced so to keep the muppets on board they have had to sell it world class structure ,the envy of all Edinburgh, and a palace of football excellence.

What they get might not match up. :greengrin

Deansy
02-04-2017, 05:02 PM

And if there is a God, what they're currently going through will last 30+ years !

Hopefully, in years to come, their current predicament will be looked back upon by the Muppets as 'The Good Times' !

hibees 7062
02-04-2017, 05:30 PM

And Nanny McPhee :greengrin

Oh and Potter will have given himself a 25 year contract

SirDavidsNapper
02-04-2017, 05:35 PM
And if there is a God, what they're currently going through will last 30+ years !

Hopefully, in years to come, their current predicament will be looked back upon by the Muppets as 'The Good Times' !

If there was any justice

Deansy
02-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Over on 'Throw-back' there's a thread -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168792-what-type-of-players-should-we-be-signing/ (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168792-what-type-of-players-should-we-be-signing/)

'Interestingly Gray at hibs is available but its doubtful he'd walk away from legend status at Hibs especially to us of all places'

Wtf ??

CathroMustStay
02-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Cathro is a legend :agree:

emerald green
02-04-2017, 06:06 PM
4 league wins in 19 spells only one thing, and that is relegation. End of the season will save them unfortunately, but if it stays the same next season then they are down.

Cathro must stay.

Is It On....
02-04-2017, 06:58 PM
"Hearts vs Celtic: last 20 games;
Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 17
Goals; for 10, against 61"

*Source: Sickback

hibees 7062
02-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Over on 'Throw-back' there's a thread -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168792-what-type-of-players-should-we-be-signing/ (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168792-what-type-of-players-should-we-be-signing/)

'Interestingly Gray at hibs is available but its doubtful he'd walk away from legend status at Hibs especially to us of all places'

Wtf ??

Just **** off and take that droopy looking creep next to you with you.

Shambolic appointment.

Superb :greengrin

calumhibee1
02-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Apparently Lustig is a ****bag for rolling around like he'd been shot after a tackle from Jamie Walker. Goncalves rolled about like he'd had his ankles snapped in two when Boyata tripped him up in the second half, but his rolling around was AFTER he'd managed to have a kick at Boyata. But no mention of that on Kickback.. funny that. :rolleyes: Lustig did come across as a belled for rolling around like that. However Goncalves was every bit as bad if not worse. Goncalves by the way is absolutely rank rotten. :agree:

Deansy
02-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Apparently Lustig is a ****bag for rolling around like he'd been shot after a tackle from Jamie Walker. Goncalves rolled about like he'd had his ankles snapped in two when Boyata tripped him up in the second half, but his rolling around was AFTER he'd managed to have a kick at Boyata. But no mention of that on Kickback.. funny that. :rolleyes: Lustig did come across as a belled for rolling around like that. However Goncalves was every bit as bad if not worse. Goncalves by the way is absolutely rank rotten. :agree:

Oh the irony, the Muppets complaining at opposition-players play-acting - when their players go down more often than the world's busiest and most popular w***e/Madam !. Watch them, every single time one of them's tackled - the rolling-about, the screaming, the agony etched on their face etc - all at the same time as their team-mates are surrounding the ref demanding red/yellow cards !

Hibee87
02-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Is it true he doesn't travel on the team bus but drives on his own? Not sure if I read that on here or jambo at work telling me

hibsbollah
02-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Is it true he doesn't travel on the team bus but drives on his own? Not sure if I read that on here or jambo at work telling me

He's got one of those driverless cars. It's all controlled by him, he's hunkered down in the boot with his laptop, a roaming Wi-Fi connection and a maglite torch. Sometimes he's a bit late and captain caveman has to give pre match instructions instead but it's OK, what's difficult?

brianmc
02-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Good job they didnae score - or they would be dead as a club.

I had a fiver on Celtc to win 5-1 at 40/1 so I'm a bit miffed there wasn't a consolation goal.

Mibbes Aye
02-04-2017, 08:06 PM
There's a hoot of a thread over there about what question you would put to Craig Levein. The Famous faithful aren't sounding too happy.......

Can't say whether I've contributed :cb

AltheHibby
02-04-2017, 08:19 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168809-clear-out-from-top-to-bottom/#entry5943576

And on this one somebody wants Budge out.

Bostonhibby
02-04-2017, 08:25 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168809-clear-out-from-top-to-bottom/#entry5943576

And on this one somebody wants Budge out.
And she can take her girder with her[emoji6]

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-04-2017, 08:38 PM
What sound does a direct debit being cancelled make?

Deansy
02-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Each and every single thread on 'Throw-back' is all about clear-outs/get rid of Cathro-Levein/buy this player or that player etc - not ONE mentions the elephant-in-the-room as to what's actually causing their problems -

PLAYING WITHIN THEIR MEANS

Understandable really, 30+ years since Hearts last had to operate like that, there's probably no-one left at the PBS with any experience/memory of such horrendous, unfair and cruel conditions ! Time someone did some research in their museum .......... ??

The Spaceman
02-04-2017, 08:44 PM

"Its OK"

Craig_in_Prague
03-04-2017, 08:17 AM
One comment from article that Hearts can take positives in the Eve News:

"Can't see this lot winning on Wednesday night, they could beat Dundee on Saturday but that is the only game they have any chance of winning for the rest of the season. There has to be pressure from the federation of Hearts on Anne Budge to get rid of Levein and Cathro now. The club can't go on like this it's heading back to the dark days of the Romanov time. The Hearts supporters are the best in the country for what they did to help save this club and deserve a lot better than Cathro and Levein"

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-can-take-positives-from-celtic-defeat-cathro-1-4410122

Interested bit in bold.
Dark times? Tainted cups - one that killed Hibs?

I have never seen such a comment from a Yam.

lord bunberry
03-04-2017, 08:21 AM

"Can't see this lot winning on Wednesday night, they could beat Dundee on Saturday but that is the only game they have any chance of winning for the rest of the season. There has to be pressure from the federation of Hearts on Anne Budge to get rid of Levein and Cathro now. The club can't go on like this it's heading back to the dark days of the Romanov time. The Hearts supporters are the best in the country for what they did to help save this club and deserve a lot better than Cathro and Levein"

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-can-take-positives-from-celtic-defeat-cathro-1-4410122

Interested bit in bold.

They must have started bumping charities again.

jacomo
03-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Cathro is a legend :agree:

He's now achieved Hertz biggest home defeat since New Years Day 1973.

Not bad, but surely he can improve on this next season.

Deansy
03-04-2017, 08:41 AM

Interested bit in bold.

The 'Dark days' he's referring to are when Vlad's money/luck ran out - before that everything was just peachy !

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2017, 08:51 AM
He's now achieved Hertz biggest home defeat since New Years Day 1973.

Not bad, but surely he can improve on this next season.

Did Celtic not do them 0-7 a couple years back?

BoomtownHibees
03-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Did Celtic not do them 0-7 a couple years back?

In the cup they did. Yesterday was their biggest league defeat since 0-7

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2017, 08:55 AM
In the cup they did. Yesterday was their biggest league defeat since 0-7

Yeah right enough. The 10k full house game

Since90+2
03-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Would love him to stay but unfortunately I cant see it happening as he is obviously useless.

He will be punted but he has a nice 3 year contract that needs to be paid off that will cost Hearts a few quid. No idea what he is on but cant imagine its pennies considering he was Assistant Manager at Newcastle.

greenginger
03-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Would love him to stay but unfortunately I cant see it happening as he is obviously useless.

He will be punted but he has a nice 3 year contract that needs to be paid off that will cost Hearts a few quid. No idea what he is on but cant imagine its pennies considering he was Assistant Manager at Newcastle.

I think it was more like assistant to the assistant, assistant coach at Newcastle.

But to AllisBarry@EEN that made him assistant manager. :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
03-04-2017, 09:39 AM

A lot of Jambos I've spoken to are still hopeful that he'll turn things round next season

Can't see that happening myself but who knows, they might be right

In any case it looks like he'll be in charge for at least the first few months of next season which should be fun :wink:

Wilson
03-04-2017, 10:03 AM
A lot of Jambos I've spoken to are still hopeful that he'll turn things round next season

Aye, he'll spin in his chair so the laptop is facing the other way.

Jpdhfc
03-04-2017, 10:50 AM
stadiums half empty and they get a 5-0 doing at home.

pleasing.:faf:

It was a sell out don't you know:greengrin🤣😂😁

Jack Hackett
03-04-2017, 11:59 AM
It was a sell out don't you know:greengrin🤣😂😁

Absolutely...16,500 + the segregated area takes them to their max capacity. You could tell at a glance that the place was full to the brim. :rolleyes:

Jack Hackett
03-04-2017, 12:08 PM
....It's telling that Hibs v Morton in the Championship on Wed had a higher actual bums on seats attendance than the self proclaimed big team had in the Premier against Celtc. I have a feeling that their 'real' attendances for the rest of the season will be considerably less than Hibs.

Kato
03-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Absolutely...16,500 + the segregated area takes them to their max capacity. You could tell at a glance that the place was full to the brim. :rolleyes:

IT WAS , 16500. crammed into 10,500 seats

lapsedhibee
03-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Is this about wife/sister/mother having a ST each although there's only actually one person capable of attending?

Deansy
03-04-2017, 01:03 PM

Can't see that happening myself but who knows, they might be right

In any case it looks like he'll be in charge for at least the first few months of next season which should be fun :wink:

After 30+ years of 'Other people's money' the vast majority of Jambos have been reared on 'Anything's possible/Fantasy' when it comes to their club - 'Reality' is what they just can't come to terms with.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2017, 01:05 PM
It's the thousands locked out from this latest sell out I felt sorry for. After 75 minutes there were plenty outside. Must have been about 383,500 of them.

Mainstandman
03-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Text just received from my nearly 80 year old hibs supporting mum.

Cathro : Hearts can take positives from Celtic defeat
Yes his sacking 😁

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2017, 01:29 PM
After 30+ years of 'Other people's money' the vast majority of Jambos have been reared on 'Anything's possible' when it comes to their club - 'Reality' is their biggest problem.

Yup. Welcome to the real world Jambos

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-04-2017, 03:00 PM
"Hearts vs Celtic: last 20 games;
Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 17
Goals; for 10, against 61"

*Source: Sickback

Ffs they are embarrassing.
Yet amazingly they still bang on about St Mirren lying down to Celtic back in 1986 cause they were able to put 5 goals past them. How many times have they conceded 5 or more against Celtic in recent years?

RoYO!
03-04-2017, 03:03 PM

It doesn't make a sound, it just bounces?

Hibbyradge
03-04-2017, 04:22 PM

They will be serious about that.

Religion . . .

Babyshamble
03-04-2017, 05:32 PM
He just said on the telly that he's even more confident about beating st Johnstone on Wednesday after yesterday's result 😂😂😂

bingo70
03-04-2017, 05:36 PM
I didn't see the game yesterday but surprised by this tactical whizzkid saying proudly they went to toe with Celtic. Erm yes, that's probably why you left your team exposed and got absolutely pumped.

Going toe to toe with a team so much better than you is stupid, if we happen to get through and face Celtic in the final I'd hope our manager is savvy enough to try and stifle the game and try and turn it into a scrap. Going toe to toe in an open game with this Celtic side is only ever going to result in one thing.

ancient hibee
03-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Anyone with half a brain knew Celtic would win yesterday.What was instructive was to see the team throw in the towel when the second goal went in and to see three quarters of the crowd heading out on the third goal.If I was building that stand I'd be asking for the money now.

lord bunberry
03-04-2017, 05:59 PM
He just said on the telly that he's even more confident about beating st Johnstone on Wednesday after yesterday's result 😂😂😂
19/10 for a st Johnston win is the bet of the century.

fat freddy
03-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Cast your mind into the future, its 2060 and Cathro, now in his seventies, is being interviewed by Barry Anderson who is doing a historical piece on Edinburghs third team, a team once supported by many of Edinburghs establishment and an overwhelming majority of the capitals golfing fraternity and cardigan enthusiasts.
Barry: We find Ian at his laptop setting up his team, Broughty Ferry Juniors, for their upcoming relegation battle in the Tayside Regional Third Division versus Lochee Amateurs, Ian has been helping out since retiring from his position as Senior IT manager at Standard Life, a position he held for over thirty years after stepping away from football due to mental health issues brought on by the harrowing experience he suffered working under Craig Levein in Edinburgh back in 2017. I ask him if there was any truth in the rumour that he had no say over player recruitment or team selection which was widely speculated about by many in football circles at the time.
Ian Cathro - Aye ok, the situation was the situation but on the grass we understood that we always worked this way but it was others who put it out there. Thousands of peoples Real Madrid fans knew but the situation on the grass didnt always go toe to toe with the situation we projected.
Barry - Eh? OK, what about the signings?
Ian - Aye Ok, the situation was a work in progress and we tried to go toe to toe on grass with players that we identified like Martin Maulery or was it Maulery Martin? and a Greek world Cup winner from Mexico that McPhee found on holiday in Cancun but the situation needed time and the other teams were mature teams on the grass and we were trying to progress with time and toe to toe offensive grass play in the first 45 minutes that helped us win our drawn matches.
Barry - Ehhh OK, what about the derbies against Hibs? Do you feel that had a detrimental effect on your relationship with thousands of peoples Real Madrid?
Ian - We won those matches that we drew but when we went toe to toe in the head to heads the results on the grass didnt reflect what I had programmed into the computer so those matches dont count, the Real Madrid fans never undestood that those games were void and the drawn ones were won on the grass when we do it again
Barry - Ehhh Ok
Ian - Aye its ok
Barry - Ok
Ian - The situation
Barry - Eh?
Ian - on the grass
Nurse - You'll have to leave now sir, he needs his medication
Ian - Its Ok, the grass situation was a work in progress
Barry - One more question before we wrap this up Ian, do you have any regrets about taking the Hearts job? You had a good reputation as a coach and your stock was high amongst all those in the football fraternity, if you had remained at Newcastle working under Rafa Benitz you could have continued your apprenticeship under one of the worlds top coaches, what made you decide to work under Craig Levein and Ann Budge?
Ian - Millions of peoples Real Madrid, Big Team, 5-1, Best steel girder in the world, 400,000 cardigans, Big team, the situation, toe to toe, big team, wibble, on the grass, wobble, 3 and a half years contract, Maulery Martin, big team, Martin Maulery, aye its ok....stares into space and starts crying
Barry - NURSE!

seanshow
03-04-2017, 06:30 PM

Hibs07p
03-04-2017, 07:24 PM

Oh 5hit, maybe.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

hibees 7062
03-04-2017, 11:01 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17795753_1975187749371946_5931674342549379133_n.jp g?oh=538af0868a6b1ef274e832bed3d0471b&oe=5959D234

vuefrom1875
03-04-2017, 11:15 PM

They even cheat with attendances... Full house my a##e!

monktonharp
03-04-2017, 11:46 PM
Did Celtic not do them 0-7 a couple years back?might be wrong, but was that the year Celtic beat us 3 nil in the final? makes it some sort of consolation if so , in a warped kinda way:wink:

hibsfan7
04-04-2017, 01:17 AM
might be wrong, but was that the year celtic beat us 3 nil in the final? Makes it some sort of consolation if so , in a warped kinda way:wink:

no we beat them 1-0 in the first round

greenlex
04-04-2017, 03:20 AM
might be wrong, but was that the year Celtic beat us 3 nil in the final? makes it some sort of consolation if so , in a warped kinda way:wink:

The year after we lost in the final lto Celtic. We beat them that year one nil with a spoony goal.

rotherhamrob
04-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Cast your mind into the future, its 2060 and Cathro, now in his seventies, is being interviewed by Barry Anderson who is doing a historical piece on Edinburghs third team, a team once supported by many of Edinburghs establishment and an overwhelming majority of the capitals golfing fraternity and cardigan enthusiasts.
Barry: We find Ian at his laptop setting up his team, Broughty Ferry Juniors, for their upcoming relegation battle in the Tayside Regional Third Division versus Lochee Amateurs, Ian has been helping out since retiring from his position as Senior IT manager at Standard Life, a position he held for over thirty years after stepping away from football due to mental health issues brought on by the harrowing experience he suffered working under Craig Levein in Edinburgh back in 2017. I ask him if there was any truth in the rumour that he had no say over player recruitment or team selection which was widely speculated about by many in football circles at the time.
Ian Cathro - Aye ok, the situation was the situation but on the grass we understood that we always worked this way but it was others who put it out there. Thousands of peoples Real Madrid fans knew but the situation on the grass didnt always go toe to toe with the situation we projected.
Barry - Eh? OK, what about the signings?
Ian - Aye Ok, the situation was a work in progress and we tried to go toe to toe on grass with players that we identified like Martin Maulery or was it Maulery Martin? and a Greek world Cup winner from Mexico that McPhee found on holiday in Cancun but the situation needed time and the other teams were mature teams on the grass and we were trying to progress with time and toe to toe offensive grass play in the first 45 minutes that helped us win our drawn matches.
Barry - Ehhh OK, what about the derbies against Hibs? Do you feel that had a detrimental effect on your relationship with thousands of peoples Real Madrid?
Ian - We won those matches that we drew but when we went toe to toe in the head to heads the results on the grass didnt reflect what I had programmed into the computer so those matches dont count, the Real Madrid fans never undestood that those games were void and the drawn ones were won on the grass when we do it again
Barry - Ehhh Ok
Ian - Aye its ok
Barry - Ok
Ian - The situation
Barry - Eh?
Ian - on the grass
Nurse - You'll have to leave now sir, he needs his medication
Ian - Its Ok, the grass situation was a work in progress
Barry - One more question before we wrap this up Ian, do you have any regrets about taking the Hearts job? You had a good reputation as a coach and your stock was high amongst all those in the football fraternity, if you had remained at Newcastle working under Rafa Benitz you could have continued your apprenticeship under one of the worlds top coaches, what made you decide to work under Craig Levein and Ann Budge?
Ian - Millions of peoples Real Madrid, Big Team, 5-1, Best steel girder in the world, 400,000 cardigans, Big team, the situation, toe to toe, big team, wibble, on the grass, wobble, 3 and a half years contract, Maulery Martin, big team, Martin Maulery, aye its ok....stares into space and starts crying
Barry - NURSE!
I liked that,you should write a new book ,fifty shades of turd.

greenginger
04-04-2017, 03:24 PM
What is it about the Yams and visiting fans that they can't get organised.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/furious-celtic-fans-miss-start-10146480

There was only 1500 visiting fans on Sunday and they couldn't get them in for kick-off.

Seems the same problem every time.

lucky
04-04-2017, 03:40 PM
A yam to me on Sunday night claimed that they'd rather have a manager like Cathro than Lenny. He backed it up with at least Cathro does embarrass the club. I just laughed and walked away. They are so deluded that some of them think they were on top for the first 30 minutes but seem to try and forget the 0-5 thrashing they took.

lord bunberry
04-04-2017, 05:15 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/furious-celtic-fans-miss-start-10146480

There was only 1500 visiting fans on Sunday and they couldn't get them in for kick-off.

They should be heavily fined for this. Every time there's a sell out in the away end they have these problems. It's the only ground in the country were this happens.

BH Hibs
04-04-2017, 05:19 PM

Still waiting on an apology for the Scottish cup game.

Pete
04-04-2017, 05:22 PM
They should be heavily fined for this. Every time there's a sell out in the away end they have these problems. It's the only ground in the country were this happens.

There's obviously a problem with forgeries and their ticket office. Weed out the dishonest members of staff or hammer them I say as it's not fair.

IlDiavola
04-04-2017, 05:26 PM

:wink:

crewetollhibee
04-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Ffs they are embarrassing.
Yet amazingly they still bang on about St Mirren lying down to Celtic back in 1986 cause they were able to put 5 goals past them. How many times have they conceded 5 or more against Celtic in recent years?

That's a very valid point.

northstandhibby
04-04-2017, 07:00 PM
A yam to me on Sunday night claimed that they'd rather have a manager like Cathro than Lenny. He backed it up with at least Cathro does embarrass the club. I just laughed and walked away. They are so deluded that some of them think they were on top for the first 30 minutes but seem to try and forget the 0-5 thrashing they took.

The Yams must be humilated and seething beyond belief. Two seasons in a row being put out the Scottish Cup by us and us going on to lift it last year and we still have a chance this year and then additionally this season the Sellick win the league 5-0 at swiney. It must be a horrific time to be a Yam and I for one have not one bit of sympathy after their gloating when the Russian criminal criminally financed them with his stolen loot.

:giruy2:

glory glory

lord bunberry
04-04-2017, 07:20 PM
There's obviously a problem with forgeries and their ticket office. Weed out the dishonest members of staff or hammer them I say as it's not fair.
Apparently it's nothing to do with forgeries, everyone gets in eventually.

3pm
04-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Nielsen appears to be doing a decent job at MK Dons. Better with Cathro though.

Col2
04-04-2017, 09:04 PM

The whole Neilson out stuff is brilliant.

Deep deep down the yams will admit that if Neilson had beaten Hibs in that first game (2 up/10 mins to go) then he would still be Hearts manager as th fans would have been less critical and he wouldn't have jumped ship for a sideways move.

It's just brilliant that Cathro makes Neilson look like a tactical genius!

Eyrie
04-04-2017, 09:53 PM

I agree. I think that if Cathro is given a full season then he can take Hearts places.

Like Dumfries, Ayr and Dumbarton.

Ozyhibby
05-04-2017, 12:31 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170405/76b05adb48924a97a1af2aa0204b2ffa.jpg
This is real visionary stuff. They will be ripping out the posts at the PBS as we speak.

Haymaker
05-04-2017, 12:48 AM
What the **** is that man smoking?!

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2017, 01:07 AM
Beyond embarrassing. If he were manager at my club I'd be squirming

Pete
05-04-2017, 03:32 AM
Apparently it's nothing to do with forgeries, everyone gets in eventually.

Quite shocked at the absence of any Hearts dishonesty.

rotherhamrob
05-04-2017, 04:29 AM
This is real visionary stuff. They will be ripping out the posts at the PBS as we speak.

😂😂😂 wtf,mind you,no goalposts =0-0 so if you're thinking oot the box he could have a point. Or is it just him that's oot his box?

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2017, 05:00 AM

Are they still bleating about being pumped by Real Mallorca??

Jack Hackett
05-04-2017, 05:23 AM

That pose is a belter :faf:

Time For Heroes
05-04-2017, 05:35 AM
“Take away the goalposts and we are able to compete. We are able to go toe to toe and put in a performance which made the game a game. It wasn’t one team waiting on Celtic to score.

He really is the gift that keeps on giving

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2017, 05:55 AM
“Take away the goalposts and we are able to compete. We are able to go toe to toe and put in a performance which made the game a game. It wasn’t one team waiting on Celtic to score.

Did he mention "moments"?

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2017, 06:15 AM
The year after we lost in the final lto Celtic. We beat them that year one nil with a spoony goal.

A bit unfair, i was right behind the shot and it was struck well, although i admit it did take a deflection.:wink:

ballengeich
05-04-2017, 06:59 AM

1st January 1973 would have been a goalless draw in a Cathro-designed universe.

Just Alf
05-04-2017, 07:03 AM

Just checked.... Nope defo not 1st of April!

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2017, 07:06 AM
Honestly where did they find this guy? I'm bordering on feeling sorry for him. He's completely losing the plot. Seems far too much for him.

stoneyburn hibs
05-04-2017, 07:14 AM
That pose is a belter :faf:

Haha the pose is way better than the quote. This guy is brilliant.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-04-2017, 07:22 AM

I kinda see what he is trying to say, which is what every jambo ive spoken to since has said - that the game was fairly even for first 20 mins or so.

But what a strange way to say it! Its like hes not content with inventing a whole new football paradigm, he is also revolutionising the english language.

The man is some sort of genius.

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Shoddy Daily ****** reporting again. "Hearts heaviest home defeat in 127 years".

calumhibee1
05-04-2017, 07:31 AM

What a guy. Cathro must stay. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Shoddy Daily ****** reporting again. "Hearts heaviest home defeat in 127 years".

They qualify it later by adding "to Celtic"

Bishop Hibee
05-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Foot in mouth disease. Preston didn't sound happy on Radio Scotland this morning. Had to laugh when he said Hertz should finish fourth as they have the fourth biggest budget. They must seeth at having to live within their means. Hope Saintees gub them tonight.

lapsedhibee
05-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Are they still bleating about being pumped by Real Mallorca??
Was that about the goalposts though, or more about the schematics of the pitch?
"The problem was in both goalmouths, caused by a big mound in the middle, which made it smaller in the centre than at the sides."
"Goalkeeper Gilles Rousset said that the state of the goal area made it difficult for him to find his feet and it was quite hard for him to keep his balance."

NZ Green
05-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Hopefully we can get the goal-posts off Celtic on emergency loan.

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Foot in mouth disease. Preston didn't sound happy on Radio Scotland this morning. Had to laugh when he said Hertz should finish fourth as they have the fourth biggest budget. They must seeth at having to live within their means. Hope Saintees gub them tonight.
The few hearts fans I know have completely given up trying to defend now. They dread him opening his mouth.

Bostonhibby
05-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Maybe he's just planning to install egg chasing posts so they can revert back to their more "traditional" style of play?

Baader
05-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Complete embarrassment. The guy is so out of his depth it's unreal. You have to wonder how he managed to get through an interview there. Did they even do one?

He is Partridge-esque.

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Complete embarrassment. The guy is so out of his depth it's unreal. You have to wonder how he managed to get through an interview there. Did they even do one?

He is Partridge-esque.
Watching his interviews is like watching an episode of the office, you're cringing but you can't stop watching.

mjhibby
05-04-2017, 09:22 AM
The whole Neilson out stuff is brilliant.

Deep deep down the yams will admit that if Neilson had beaten Hibs in that first game (2 up/10 mins to go) then he would still be Hearts manager as th fans would have been less critical and he wouldn't have jumped ship for a sideways move.

It's just brilliant that Cathro makes Neilson look like a tactical genius!

But Robbie was dull and boring. Far better to watch hugely entertaining games. Pity all the goals are being scored in the Hertz goals otherwise things would be going swimmingly. After trump and brexit we are definitely in a parallel universe and cathy must be some sort of alien mindbending genius. Or a bell end of the highest order. Can't make up my mind which. Lol.

mjhibby
05-04-2017, 09:28 AM
....It's telling that Hibs v Morton in the Championship on Wed had a higher actual bums on seats attendance than the self proclaimed big team had in the Premier against Celtc. I have a feeling that their 'real' attendances for the rest of the season will be considerably less than Hibs.

And in the alternative reality that is Hertz we cannot have bigger attendances than them even though everbody can see we have more bums on seats. The same alt reality that saw the compliance officer not seeing the morton no 9 feigning a headbutt.

Just Alf
05-04-2017, 09:44 AM
And in the alternative reality that is Hertz we cannot have bigger attendances than them even though everbody can see we have more bums on seats. The same alt reality that saw the compliance officer not seeing the morton no 9 feigning a headbutt.

Just walked into the office and smiled, my two Yam colleagues have said I've not to say a word, and that they agree with everything I was gonna say and can we talk about summat else today? Ha ha

Like shooting fish in a barrel with Cathy there , long may it continue!

:flag:

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Hearts fans over on sickback agrreing with him saying, what he says actually makes sense! 😂😂

They really are the thickest fans on the planet.

My_Wife_Camille
05-04-2017, 10:05 AM
When managers start making nonsense quotes like this then it's game over.

This is Cathros equivalent of Butchers "sometimes it's good to concede early as it takes away the fear of conceding"

Absolute straw clutching nonsense. He might be given time but he's already too far gone imo

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 10:07 AM

This is Cathros equivalent of Butchers "sometimes it's good to concede early as it takes away the fear of conceding"

Absolute straw clutching nonsense. He might be given time but he's already too far gone imo

I agree! He's never winning over the fans now.

Ozyhibby
05-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Which is very disappointing. Our only hope now is that Budge is either very loyal to Levein or does not have the stomach to sack him.

NAE NOOKIE
05-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Its time to stop this Cathro bashing ..... the last thing we want to do is scare him away :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
05-04-2017, 10:13 AM

Yogi's "Fitba people ken whits gawn oan" springs to mind too.

I just hope Cathro is around long enough for us to hand them another doing next season

Craig_in_Prague
05-04-2017, 10:14 AM
He's a crackpot.

Today:

“Ask any coach in the world who spends time on the training pitch, pre-season is one of the most important things you have,” Cathro said. “It is difficult in this league because pre-season is a lot shorter than it is in most other countries but it is still the time you have away from competition to spend with the team and prepare them for what they have in front of them. That will be important and the summer window is different in nature to what you can do in January, partly because of what you have in front of you midway through the season and partly because of time. It is a much easier process to do what you have to do.”

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-summer-squad-building-will-be-smooth-process-cathro-1-4411912

Laptop?

I read the latter part of this paragraph and wonder at times if I'm really reading English. Tiring, but very amusing.

Thank you yams for this roaster!

Dashing Bob S
05-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Ian's captured the imagination of the Edinburgh footballing public in such a short space of time. I'm getting fearful that our support of him could humiliate the Yams into sacking him.

So in that spirit: I hate that ******* Cathro. I really hope that for once we can beat this jammy sods Hearts and wipe the smile off his smug face and those Yams with their patronizing 'big team' talk!

RyeSloan
05-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Did he mention "moments"?

Oh he sure does!

“The next part of the observation is there are individual quality of players who step up at moments. That is what makes the difference and is another factor to it.

“We lost 5-0 but there are points when a game is alive and points it is no longer alive.

“We competed in the first half. Nobody in the land can tell me we were inferior in the first 45 minutes. I’m not having it.

“Let’s be clear. I’m not passing comment on a 5-0 defeat as a whole and saying we competed.

“I know they scored five against us. But if we assessed what happened in the period when the game was there and alive I can’t allow anyone to say we were inferior.”

So basically they were equals to Celtic when they were not losing and equals to Celtic on occasion but not equal to Celtic when they scored 5 but apart from Celtic scoring 5 they were equal to them...

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Which is very disappointing. Our only hope now is that Budge is either very loyal to Levein or does not have the stomach to sack him.

Exactly Ozy, I'm hoping they can't afford to sack him. 3 year deal isn't it?

Col2
05-04-2017, 10:30 AM
We need Cathro to get a couple of wins before end of the season or he will get the bullet. We should all hope for a couple of decent results even though it's is comedy gold time x 100 at the moment.

IF 'Queen' Ann had the balls she would sack no medals Levein and Cathro and bring in the St Johnstone manager and get rid of DOF model. That could give them a huge boost and transform them.

Thankfully she hasn't and won't sack her special right hand person. But we need the crisis to keep bubbling under into the summer months and the next recruitment campaign!

Biggie
05-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Oh he sure does!

“The next part of the observation is there are individual quality of players who step up at moments. That is what makes the difference and is another factor to it.

“We lost 5-0 but there are points when a game is alive and points it is no longer alive.

“We competed in the first half. Nobody in the land can tell me we were inferior in the first 45 minutes. I’m not having it.

“Let’s be clear. I’m not passing comment on a 5-0 defeat as a whole and saying we competed.

“I know they scored five against us. But if we assessed what happened in the period when the game was there and alive I can’t allow anyone to say we were inferior.”

So basically they were equals to Celtic when they were not losing and equals to Celtic on occasion but not equal to Celtic when they scored 5 but apart from Celtic scoring 5 they were equal to them...

Yep, you've pretty much got it there...

bingo70
05-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Hearts fans over on sickback agrreing with him saying, what he says actually makes sense! 😂😂

They really are the thickest fans on the planet.

I think I sort of get the point he's trying to make......

BUT, it doesn't work when you've been horsed 5 nil. If you've gone toe to toe with a team and lost out narrowly due to the odd goal then you can maybe rightly say you've matched them but a goalscorer was the difference. What he has said most definitely doesn't make sense when you've been pumped 5 nil though.

O'Rourke3
05-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Oh he sure does!

Finally a manager with the balls to declare the only important statistic is not the score. Houston will be devastated.

AltheHibby
05-04-2017, 10:37 AM
her special right hand person!

Just what are you saying about Levein?

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2017, 10:38 AM

Exactly. He's a dead man walking at Hearts now. Remember this is a fan base that hounded out one of the best managers in their history

Allant1981
05-04-2017, 10:42 AM
glad we didnt appoint him as our manager, would have been cringing most weeks with the rubbish he comes out with

G B Young
05-04-2017, 10:47 AM
"We lost 5-0 but there are points when a game is alive and points it is no longer alive."

:confused:

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Joking aside, does anyone else think he may have mental issues or has seriously cracked under the pressure of the job. He certainly comes across as someone who is losing it big time.

DaveF
05-04-2017, 11:06 AM
"We lost 5-0 but there are points when a game is alive and points it is no longer alive."

What's the problem?

The game is alive when it's dead and dead when it's alive. At points. Except when it's 0-5 when it's certainly not alive and most probably dead.

Or something.

Craig_in_Prague
05-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Joking aside, does anyone else think he may have mental issues or has seriously cracked under the pressure of the job. He certainly comes across as someone who is losing it big time.

In-bread = can't be right in the head.

Beefster
05-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Do away with faces and I'd be a supermodel.

05-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Do away with faces and I'd be a supermodel.

If my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle.

1van Sprou7e
05-04-2017, 11:46 AM

I do actually feel slightly sorry for him and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised to see him have some sort of mental breakdown if he can't turn things around

After what has so far been such a promising career full of quick progressions he now finds himself in a position where he seems to be completely out of his depth

hibee_nation
05-04-2017, 11:47 AM
It's like a monty python sketch

This game is dead, no sir if you look closely parts of it are still alive :greengrin

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 11:54 AM
I do actually feel slightly sorry for him and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised to see him have some sort of mental breakdown if he can't turn things around

After what has so far been such a promising career full of quick progressions he now finds himself in a position where he seems to be completely out of his depth

He really does seem lost, I'm not at the point of feeling sorry for him just yet because when he arrived he was arrogant and big headed. He needs to seriously look at how he comes across because he may find it hard getting back into coaching again if he's sacked.

DarlingtonHibee
05-04-2017, 11:56 AM
I do wonder if Budge has a crush for Harry, and Harry and Colquhoun are extracting the urine, with Cathro as the puppet.

Dan Sarf
05-04-2017, 11:56 AM

Bighoose
05-04-2017, 12:08 PM

Cathro's Cat. Deep thinkers like wee Ian are obviously on higher intellectual plain from the rest of us plebs.

Deansy
05-04-2017, 12:16 PM
We need Cathro to get a couple of wins before end of the season or he will get the bullet. We should all hope for a couple of decent results even though it's is comedy gold time x 100 at the moment.

IF 'Queen' Ann had the balls she would sack no medals Levein and Cathro and bring in the St Johnstone manager and get rid of DOF model. That could give them a huge boost and transform them.

Thankfully she hasn't and won't sack her special right hand person. But we need the crisis to keep bubbling under into the summer months and the next recruitment campaign!

Winning a corner right now will be sufficient to see him attain 'Legend' status at the PBS and a contract-extension !

Being a succesful business-woman, Budge MUST'VE recorded his interview when he applied for the job - wonder if she can be persuaded/forced into releasing it ??

Baader
05-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Cathro is quite delusional. Seems like he exists in his own little fantasy world. He's still managing to pull the wool over the eyes of some of the Gorgie mob though but that isn't difficult...

When the inevitable happens and he does get emptied you just know the noises from him will be about how Scottish football was not yet ready for his ideas and coaching and how it's so far behind other countries. It won't be about how absolutely clueless he is.

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2017, 12:27 PM
can i just say, good luck to st.johnstone tonight v cathro's clowns

Moulin Yarns
05-04-2017, 12:29 PM

I've already wished a couple of Saints mates well for tonight

DarlingtonHibee
05-04-2017, 12:30 PM

This times ten- only problem is they might bin him, not what we want.

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2017, 12:37 PM
I've already wished a couple of Saints mates well for tonight

it's the decent thing to do:agree: hope they stand up to the Edinburgh Giants

This times ten- only problem is they might bin him, not what we want.

they would need to stump up quite a bit of cash surely to pay of his contract, then medical costs on top for cutting the puppet strings off :greengrin

Dan Sarf
05-04-2017, 12:42 PM

Don't want your love anymore,
Don't want your kisses that's for sure,
I die each time I hear this sound,
Here they come that's Cathro's clowns...

Bostonhibby
05-04-2017, 12:46 PM
He's just planning ahead with this no goalposts idea.

When Mrs Budge eventually finds out he was only the assistant manager of Lidl in Newcastle and sacks him he's aiming to become Britain's most successful pole vaulting coach ever.

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Don't want your love anymore,
Don't want your kisses that's for sure,
I die each time I hear this sound,
Here they come that's Cathro's clowns...

would be quite funny if the ER dj man played the Everly Brothers next season v hertz :)

Deansy
05-04-2017, 01:17 PM

As they're not winning, I wonder if the 'Charity Thieves FC's sole fan attending tonight's game will periscope it ?

DarlingtonHibee
05-04-2017, 01:20 PM
He won't be on much money, he will probably be on a trial period contract, may be publicly seen as a longer term contract, but i bet Colquhoun and Harry have got him stitched up. Feel a bit sorry for him,but what do you expect from a club with their track record for robbing people.

SanFranHibs
05-04-2017, 01:29 PM
They qualify it later by adding "to Celtic"

Did they qualify it by league game?

SUN, 01 DEC 2013 SCOTTISH CUP - FOURTH ROUND

Hearts 0 Celtic 7

Deansy
05-04-2017, 01:42 PM
I will try go to more games and i'll buy my strip as usual but I wont get a ST and I cancelled my FoH subscription yesterday. That is where I am at.

Another example of Cathro's outstanding work, accelerating the rate at which the 'Charity Thieves FC's fans-numbers are dropping off ! Although already greatly assisted by them being forced to 'Play within their means' Ian Cathro is to be applauded for his immense contribution in the short time he's been at the PBS - it's thanks to him that Hearts long-awaited return to the standards and levels they were at BEFORE Wallace Mercer started their cheating, is fast approaching.

Bostonhibby
05-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Am thinking of having a bet tonight but does anyone know if they're having goalposts tonight or not? Could be a factor

BullsCloseHibs
05-04-2017, 03:49 PM
I love the man. He's been brilliant from his first day. It would be a disgrace if Hearts launched him.

I think he's a closet Absenth drinker. His jibbering is legendary 😊

Hibs07p
05-04-2017, 04:09 PM
I think he's a closet Absenth drinker. His jibbering is legendary 😊

I think he's a closet Hibby ripping the p!s4 out of the "FAMOUS", and trying to find out how much pain they can take before screaming like a Jambo who's just found out what "Living within your means" feels like.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016
here we go....

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Did they qualify it by league game?

SUN, 01 DEC 2013 SCOTTISH CUP - FOURTH ROUND

Hearts 0 Celtic 7

They did.

BullsCloseHibs
05-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Hearts are s11hte

Eyrie
05-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Cathro's Cat. Deep thinkers like wee Ian are obviously on higher intellectual plain from the rest of us plebs.

I agree. He is football's philosopher king and I wish I could understand his abstract concepts.

gaz1875
05-04-2017, 08:19 PM
He could have gone one step further, if they made the pitch say oval shaped, they could do away with corner flags :hmmm:

OxoHibby
05-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Am thinking of having a bet tonight but does anyone know if they're having goalposts tonight or not? Could be a factor

A bit late for your bet but as the famous are losing I think they did choose to play with goalposts in the end

Bostonhibby
05-04-2017, 08:50 PM
A bit late for your bet but as the famous are losing I think they did choose to play with goalposts in the end
[emoji1] I only ever bet against the yam and am happy to say I trebled the saints up with Fleetwood and Hull tonight. They both have managers who prefer the traditional goalpost option.

greenpaper55
05-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Can you imagine if he had been appointed at the start of the season....Relegation !

gaz1875
05-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Can you imagine if he had been appointed at the start of the season....Relegation !

Yeah disappointing but there is always next season hopefully :greengrin

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 09:36 PM
We need to enjoy and make the most of this muppet. We'll look back at his tenure with great fondness. Let us pray that he lasts until next season.

Thecat23
05-04-2017, 09:39 PM
We need to enjoy and make the most of this muppet. We'll look back at his tenure with great fondness. Let us pray that he lasts until next season.

Yep, Budge will have some charity night to raise the funds to sack this fool. Until then let's sit back and enjoy him while it lasts.

lord bunberry
05-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Yep, Budge will have some charity night to raise the funds to sack this fool. Until then let's sit back and enjoy him while it lasts.
If they stick with him into next season they'll be fighting relegation. I think they've only scored in 1 of the last 5 games.

southsider
05-04-2017, 09:54 PM
Give Preston his due. Said cup game end their season and have been in free-fall since. Saying it's not working and changes needed. But who gives a ****. Lol

mca
05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
He won't be on much money, he will probably be on a trial period contract, may be publicly seen as a longer term contract, but i bet Colquhoun and Harry have got him stitched up. Feel a bit sorry for him,but what do you expect from a club with their track record for robbing people.

Yeah.. I was thinking his Scoring without Goalposts comment - is a Cry for Help..