PDA

View Full Version : Cathro v Celtic

Pages : 1 [2]

Joe6-2
02-04-2017, 01:50 PM
The players were literally bouncing off the ceiling.

Neil McCann. Give the guy a rest. What's with all the questions. Give someone else a chance.

He's almost on his knee, trying to sound so professional

MichaelTheCelt
02-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Super Leigh! Loves getting it up the Diets
https://mobile.twitter.com/GIGPOD/status/848527471905566720/video/1

sleeping giant
02-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Shut up Neil FFS.

HibbyAndy
02-04-2017, 01:53 PM
Cmon tae **** mcann shut up

Kato
02-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Cathro's comments: Apart from "the moments" and "the individuals" they went "toe-to-toe" with them (in the first half).

"The score-line doesn't reflect what happened on the grass."

Bloke is indeed a genius

Billy Whizz
02-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Cmon tae **** mcann shut up

What's he saying

MichaelTheCelt
02-04-2017, 01:56 PM
That today without Dembele and Griffiths. They are by far and away the best team in the country and unfortunately from our point of view, there's no chance that they won't win the Scottish Cup and win the treble this year.

Anything can happen in a one off game I hope our players don't think it is in the bag.

Joe6-2
02-04-2017, 01:56 PM
What's he saying

Sheit

lord bunberry
02-04-2017, 01:57 PM
I kept watching that so I could here Cathy do his thing and they didn't show it. Raging

hfc rd
02-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Cathro's comments: Apart from "the moments" and "the individuals" they went "toe-to-toe" with them (in the first half).

Bloke is indeed a genius

😂😂😂😂

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2017, 01:58 PM
what did Levei...i mean cathro say then :I'm waiti

mutley
02-04-2017, 01:58 PM
BBC website has attendance 16,539!!!! Not a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snooky
02-04-2017, 01:59 PM
My broom cupboard is bigger. Thought it was the John Robertson Lounge at first.

Maybe it says Press on the door and they thought it was where all the reporters would be.

Hibernia&Alba

Bloke is indeed a genius

Oh but it does, Einstein, because on the grass they scored five and you scored none.

Pete
TBH I take no pleasure in seeing any Glasgow club with a budget ten times bigger than their rivals steamroller anyone. These patronising, small minded, bigoted ****s can GTF with their celebrations.

However, teams with a smaller budget than hearts have put up a better fight against Celtic. They really are pathetic bottle merchants.

snooky
02-04-2017, 02:01 PM

Bloke is indeed a genius

Why bring Lee Wallace into this?

sleeping giant
02-04-2017, 02:02 PM
TBH I take no pleasure in seeing any Glasgow club with a budget ten times bigger than their rivals steamroller anyone. These patronising, small minded, bigoted ****s can GTF with their celebrations.

However, teams with a smaller budget than hearts have put up a better fight against Celtic. They really are pathetic bottle merchants.

While I normally would agree , I tend to suspend reasoning when it comes to them :-)

Kato
02-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Oh but it does, Einstein, because on the grass they scored five and you scored none.

Maybe he meant it should have been 6 or 7 given the amount of times Celtc had the ball in the net. He is a genius after all and we mere mortals have to unpick the esoteric messages in his utterances. Either that or he's a total muppet.

Nameless
02-04-2017, 02:04 PM
I think it will be a score draw, or a narrow win for the tims. Happy to be proven wrong, but I think anyone expecting a 4 or 5 goal mauling will be disappointed.
That's why my coupons NEVER come in!!

SirDavidsNapper
02-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Must be p**h being a Hearts fan. Nothing to look forward to other than the end of the season, constantly bottling big games, or most games, disinterested players, clueless management team, fire drills, no atmosphere and to add to their misery Hibs on their way back. Quite pleasing

Albanian Hibs
02-04-2017, 02:05 PM

Haha no chance

iwasthere1972
02-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Sheit

It wasn't that good.

Is It On....
02-04-2017, 02:10 PM

Bloke is indeed a genius

Clearly too much time smoking some grass..

Is It On....
02-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Maybe it says Press on the door and they thought it was where all the reporters would be.

Brilliant 😎

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Anything can happen in a one off game I hope our players don't think it is in the bag.

I hope I'm wrong :wink:, but I don't really see this Celtc team dropping off like last season. There has been a few games recently where you've won without being convincing and even today early doors, your defence looked a bit dodgy so I guess there is always a hope, but I see similarities this season to Martin O'Neils first season when you won the treble.

For Hibs to retain the cup we'd have to beat by far the best 2 sides in the country at Hampden who are both on form, a huge ask tbh.

iwasthere1972
02-04-2017, 02:14 PM

Now there's a surprise. As you say, not a chance. Segregation would have been about 500? and there were loads of empty seats, especially when the fourth and fifth goal went in.

Pete
02-04-2017, 02:14 PM
'Scoreline harsh on Hearts'
FT Hearts 0-5 Celtic
Posted at 14:51
Hearts head coach Ian Cathro on BBC Sportsound:

"The game, if we talk about the first-half, was a balanced game, two teams going toe-to-toe. We saw a competitive balanced game between two teams but Celtic have players of individual quality who step up.

"The first half we showed a strong performance. It's very important that we're creating chances but we have to step up and take those chances. We're a work in progress. No way does the scoreline reflect what happened on the grass."

That should annoy them all even more.

Is It On....
02-04-2017, 02:18 PM
FT Hearts 0-5 Celtic

"The game, if we talk about the first-half, was a balanced game, two teams going toe-to-toe. We saw a competitive balanced game between two teams but Celtic have players of individual quality who step up.

"The first half we showed a strong performance. It's very important that we're creating chances but we have to step up and take those chances. We're a work in progress. No way does the scoreline reflect what happened on the grass."

You need a bit of humility after just being thumped 0-5 at home...that sort of comment is worth another few pages at least on Sickback ☺️

Bostonhibby
02-04-2017, 02:22 PM
FT Hearts 0-5 Celtic

So he's on grass? Finally we have an explanation for his utterances.

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Has to be admitted that Rodgers has improved Celtic massively from his first day, which shows how bad Deila was. They look a different side entirely from a year ago. The worrying thing for the rest of us is they will strengthen over the summer.

Is It On....
02-04-2017, 02:23 PM
"The team worked their asses off today. Disgraceful the amount of fans that walked out. The team didn't deserve that today." Whoever just posted that has had the desired response..

Jack Hackett
02-04-2017, 02:39 PM
"The team worked their asses off today. Disgraceful the amount of fans that walked out. The team didn't deserve that today." Whoever just posted that has had the desired response..

Probably posted from a balcony in Bulgaria while shedding tears of pride at yet another kicking :lolyam:

Fanforlife
02-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Is that decision not correct? He was offside as the ball was played and he made an attempt go for it so was flagged then.
I've always thought that as soon as the ball comes of opposition player the attacking player is automatically onside?If this is the case then only option imo is assistant thought Celtic player had last touch and never seen touch from the Jambo?

hfc rd
02-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Has to be admitted that Rodgers has improved Celtic massively from his first day, which shows how bad Deila was. They look a different side entirely from a year ago. The worrying thing for the rest of us is they will strengthen over the summer.

Thing is though, they'd still comfortably win the league if Deila was still in charge.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Thing is though, they'd still comfortably win the league if Deila was still in charge.

Celtc would win the league if Delia Smith was manager, they are so far ahead of anybody else.

HoboHarry
02-04-2017, 03:54 PM
I've always thought that as soon as the ball comes of opposition player the attacking player is automatically onside?If this is the case then only option imo is assistant thought Celtic player had last touch and never seen touch from the Jambo?
The crucial moment is where the attacker is when the ball is played forward by his team mate. If he is offside at the moment it is played forward to him it makes no difference if it deflects off a defender - he is offside.....

CropleyisGod
02-04-2017, 04:28 PM
FT Hearts 0-5 Celtic

Why does he talk like English is his second language? "we showed a strong performance", they may well have performed well but he sounds like he's Dutch :-)

CathroMustStay
02-04-2017, 04:28 PM

How dare they celebrate winning a title, and 6IAR.

Heathens.

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Time to get the fitba historians involved:

When did Celtc last lose against domestic opposition?
What's the record for consecutive unbeaten games in the league?
What's the record for consecutive games unbeaten in all domestic competitions?

Skol
02-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Just perused Kickback and its a hoot. Not one has a positive word to say about Cathro.

Rewind to his appointment and anyone who questioned his appointment was shot down as being an old dinosaur that wasnt moving with the times. Someone who hasnt played or managed at any level above primary school and isnt part of the Largs mafia and who knows no limits has to be the man.

Some of these guys must cringe at what they said only a few short months ago

SirDavidsNapper
02-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Apparently the Hearts players are too good and that's the problem

emerald green
02-04-2017, 05:50 PM
Hearts heaviest league defeat at the shelter since 01/01/73 when they lost by an even more embarrassing scoreline when Hibs destroyed them by 0-7.

What about that Hertz goalie? Absolute gash, although they were garbage throughout the whole team. Relegation stuff from the "big team". Lucky for them the end of the season coming up will save them.

02-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Oh dear, what a shame, this playing within your means business is just nae good eh!

Poor wee lambs, life just isn't worth living if you haven't got your hands in a charity pot! Welcome to the real world ya fuds. Still, at least they've got a manager who "has got the potential to be world class" and "more successful than Sir Alex Ferguson" though.

Glory Lurker
02-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Must be p**h being a Hearts fan. Nothing to look forward to other than the end of the season, constantly bottling big games, or most games, disinterested players, clueless management team, fire drills, no atmosphere and to add to their misery Hibs on their way back. Quite pleasing

They've got the girder, though. Don't forget the girder.

SirDavidsNapper
02-04-2017, 06:16 PM

The world famous girder

Jack Hackett
02-04-2017, 06:25 PM

It's a truss...only wee teams have girders

GreenLake
02-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Think about Cathro, is he's a coach, not a Manager

The coach has the team, management and fans on board and is on fire while driving off a cliff.

The Falcon
02-04-2017, 06:31 PM

Yet they were quite happy when they were bumping poppy funds and raiding pensioners bank accounts so that THEY could have a budget bigger than their rivals. They were happy enough then.

No sympathy whatsoever.

Pete
02-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Yet they were quite happy when they were bumping poppy funds and raiding pensioners bank accounts so that THEY could have a budget bigger than their rivals. They were happy enough then.

No sympathy whatsoever.

I've no sympathy for Hearts either mate.

The point was that Celtic can GTF. They, along with their glory hunting fans are part of the reason why our game is knackered.

Aldo
02-04-2017, 07:38 PM
I've no sympathy for Hearts either mate.

The point was that Celtic can GTF. They, along with their glory hunting fans are part of the reason why our game is knackered.

I get you but to say Celtic fans are Glory hunters is a bit wide of the mark considering the crowds (ST holders) they get/have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
02-04-2017, 08:42 PM
I get you but to say Celtic fans are Glory hunters is a bit wide of the mark considering the crowds (ST holders) they get/have!

All these people who have nothing to do with Glasgow yet travel there from places like Leven, Dunfermline etc..are nothing more than glory hunters in my eyes, season ticket holders or not.

They're just a different type of glory hunter and are largely responsible for the lop sided nature of our game.

Can't be doing with them.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2017, 08:47 PM
All these people who have nothing to do with Glasgow yet travel there from places like Leven, Dunfermline etc..are nothing more than glory hunters in my eyes, season ticket holders or not.

They're just a different type of glory hunter and are largely responsible for the lop sided nature of our game.

Can't be doing with them.

Kind of agree
I'm a Hibs supporter, because my dad came up to Edinburgh on his motorbike, from Maybole, Ayrshire in the late 50's

Joe6-2
02-04-2017, 08:49 PM

True, but part of that is the fact they know they will win most games!

WhileTheChief..
02-04-2017, 09:05 PM

The commentator on Sportsound remarked that at least Hearts had kept their sense of humour when they announced the attendance as there was no way that that many were in the ground :greengrin

mutley
02-04-2017, 09:14 PM
The commentator on Sportsound remarked that at least Hearts had kept their sense of humour when they announced the attendance as there was no way that that many were in the ground :greengrin

HA! That's brilliant

Jim44
03-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Cathro says that there were lots of positives to take from their 5-0 drubbing. :greengrin Again he talks as if he is translating directly from Spanish.

Deansy
03-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Today's 'Scotsman' on their gubbing yesterday -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/five-things-we-learned-from-hearts-0-5-celtic-1-4410209

'The 5-0 loss was their worst home defeat in league football since 1973'

Another Jambo-journalist showing he's 'one of the Muppets' by being childish and petty in not naming the team and the score of THAT match in 1973 (tho everyone knows it !). No such problem in regurgitating their 5-1 comfort-blanket though -

The last time Hearts defeated Celtic was back in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final, where Craig Beattie's* injury-time penalty booked the Tynecastle side a place in the final against rivals Hibs. Considering what followed, it would seem a rogue jambo offered up future happiness against Celtic in favour of getting a chance to win an all-Edinburgh final. With what we know now, was it worth it ?

Yes...... it definitely was

And 'Craig Beattie scored in the final which booked their place in the final '????. Absolutely abysmal 'journalism' but shows the direction the 'Scotsman' is plummeting down to - full of glaring errors and blatant bias !

* Craig Beattie - Yet another player they couldn't afford who also had the traditional Jambo-problem in getting paid !