PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Mcgeouch

Unseen work
02-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Personally I want to see him being played further up the park, when he broke through at Celtic he was a lot more attacking and for me that is where his best qualities lye.

I look at Armstrong for Celtic, bags of energy, strong, comfortable on the ball and can make things happen.

I can't help but feel Dylan could play that role similarly for us, when he runs with the ball he glides and it looks difficult to get it off him.

houstonhibbee
02-04-2017, 01:31 AM
Personally I want to see him being played further up the park, when he broke through at Celtic he was a lot more attacking and for me that is where his best qualities lye.

I look at Armstrong for Celtic, bags of energy, strong, comfortable on the ball and can make things happen.

I can't help but feel Dylan could play that role similarly for us, when he runs with the ball he glides and it looks difficult to get it off him.

Totally agree. Same has been said of McGinn
How much is that down to following orders and a footballer using his brain to see opportunities while still fulfilling primary duties? And why dont players and managers discuss strengths and weaknesses more to the betterment of the team?

Ronniekirk
02-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Looked good yesterday if he can stay fit and injury free for rest of season thats a bonus had one dipping shot late on that went just over and his work rate for someone who has missed a lot of the season was excellent
Bags of skill intelligent player who can drive us forward
Mcginn had dome great runs yesterday but often his final ball through to another player was intercepted he just couldn't get that killer pass but great goal and will be our top scoring Midfielder Last year Henderson just pipped him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
02-04-2017, 08:26 AM
No sure about him playing further up the park but def prefer him in the middle of the park rather than out on the left

jeffers
02-04-2017, 08:55 AM
I've made the same point about him on more than one thread, plays far too deep, most of his best work is done away from the final third. I'd like to see him pushed/instructed to play further up the park. He's neat, tidy on the ball and ususally finds a man, but doesn't hurt teams. I thought he had a decent game yesterday, but he's not a left sided midfielder. I'd have put him through the middle and put John McGinn on the left, while not ideal John McGinn has put in some great performances when played on the left of midfield.

Jim44
02-04-2017, 09:02 AM
I thought his booking for simulation yesterday was ridiculous. He had a decent game, it's just a pity he has that fitness issue.