PDA

View Full Version : GOALS - Dunfermline v Hibs

Billy
01-04-2017, 11:08 PM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/1986

MWHIBBIES
01-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Look at the challenge McGinn dodges before scoring...WTF

I cannot wait until we're out of this league.

greenlex
01-04-2017, 11:18 PM
The penalty shout is very harsh. Stevenson is a yard away FFS.

LaMotta
01-04-2017, 11:24 PM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/1986

ta

01-04-2017, 11:26 PM
Lewis' hand is up in the air and did definitely hit the ball but how the f£ck he's meant to get his hand down and out of the way when it bounces up like that so quickly I've no idea. Harsh.

21sMay
02-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Not a penalty. Great finish from sjm.

SRHibs
02-04-2017, 03:28 AM
Great goal by McGinn but dunno about it being "goal of the season stuff". Iffy penalty decision. This league is full of amateurs who don't know how to put in a decent tackle. Can't wait to leave it.

BlackSheep
02-04-2017, 07:18 AM
What annoys me about the penalty decision is that with the pace the ball is going it'd likely have gone for a goal kick had it not hit Stevenson's hand, only a yard or two from being kicked too!

The linesmen have been taking a lot of criticism on here for the past few weeks, and yesterday didn't help!!

theonlywayisup
02-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Taking off the green tinted spectacles - if that was a Dunfermline hand ball I would have been shouting for a penalty and raging for it not given.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Taking off the green tinted spectacles - if that was a Dunfermline hand ball I would have been shouting for a penalty and raging for it not given.Well, taking off the green-tinted specs we should have had one at the other end when JC was pulled to the ground!

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Hit Lewis on arm, his arm was raised. Not sue if he could have done much about it, but would want it given if in our favour if at other end.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Very soft penalty, Lewis probably shouldnt have his arm up that high, and really cant do much about the ball hitting his arm, but with his arm being in that position the linesman decided he would make a name for himself. :rolleyes:

SouthMoroccoStu
02-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Taking off the green tinted spectacles - if that was a Dunfermline hand ball I would have been shouting for a penalty and raging for it not given.

Green tinted specs well and truly on.... we dont get decisions like this in our favour

It's been that way all season

O'Rourke3
02-04-2017, 09:46 AM

Man's game apparently...

Not much Lewis could do but hand not "natural"

snooky
02-04-2017, 10:00 AM
Green tinted specs well and truly on.... we dont get decisions like this in our favour

It's been that way all season

Been saying this for years. Putting on my neutral glasses, Hibs NEVER seem get any controversial decisions yet there's been loads of them against us.
They even themselves out they say? Aye, ma arsium they do.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Penalty shout looks a fifty-fifty. Stick on if it for you and a bad decision if it isn't.

snooky
02-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Penalty shout looks a fifty-fifty. Stick on if it for you and a bad decision if it isn't.

In cases like these (if I was the ref) I would decide if the 'accidental' hand ball gave a clear advantage to the defending team. If it did, then I would give the penalty. In this case, I would have to say it possibly did however, I agree with what you say, NH.

ancient hibee
02-04-2017, 11:06 AM
In the last two games we've had good shouts for handball penalties not given.Never mind the handball not given when the goalie goes walkabout.

Carheenlea
02-04-2017, 12:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr5Nz400CCk

greenlex
02-04-2017, 12:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr5Nz400CCk
I wonder why they left out McGeouchs booking? :confused:

JimBHibees
02-04-2017, 12:15 PM

Never a pen in a million years. We really have been on the wrong end of some shockers this season. We generally have done very well to be ahead in this league. Ref was at it yesterday imo.

JimBHibees
02-04-2017, 12:17 PM
I wonder why they left out McGeouchs booking? :confused:

Because it was never a dive.

snooky
02-04-2017, 01:06 PM

Another thing that ticks me off is this. If one of our players sneezes in the direction of an opponent they fall over and get a foul. However, when we get barged off the ball (check out 1.40 secs into Dunfy video) it's "play on". These are the little calls that may appear insignificant but in the course of the whole game can make a significant impact on the result.
Hibs look like they may win the league IN SPITE of the valiant efforts of the officials throughout the season(s) to ensure they don't.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2017, 01:17 PM

Think you can appeal a yellow, if it's for simulation. This should be recinded

Hibee Mac
02-04-2017, 01:19 PM
That's a shocking decision for the pen, makes his mind up based on the noise coming from the dunfy fans

Bishop Hibee
02-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Although Stevenson's hand is up, it looks like the ball would have hit him in the face rather than going past him. Also the ball is about a yard away and blasted at him. Very soft.

Allant1981
02-04-2017, 03:30 PM
very soft penalty but we would have wanted that at the other end

Bishop Hibee
02-04-2017, 03:36 PM
No stronger a claim than the tug on Cummings near the end.

greenlex
02-04-2017, 03:40 PM
No stronger a claim than the tug on Cummings near the end.

It wasn't just a tug believe me he had a hold of his shirt the whole time and gradually pulled him down. I was right behind it. How the linesman never saw it god only knows. If you look at the linesmanYou will see David Gray who is warming up is having words to that effect after it's not given

greenlex
02-04-2017, 06:21 PM
BBC has 6 shots on target from 10 attempts for the pars. I'm struggling to think of any on target other than a week header first half and the pen. Rocky tipped one over the bar that wasn't on target first half. It was already going over. The stop he has after the Efe standing on the ball might be one but they surely can't have that down as on target as it was so far out and an acute angle. Struggling to think of any other that could even be debatable..

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-04-2017, 06:33 PM
What about that 2 footed lunge on JM before he scored? had that muppet connected it would have been a shocking challenge, right in front of that useless ref as well :confused:

Biggie
02-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Exactly, how's that hand to ball, Jesus.

HibernianJK
02-04-2017, 07:42 PM
It works both ways, if Stevensons handball is against us we are screaming for it but if Cummings pen is given against us I would be furious.

Carheenlea
02-04-2017, 07:50 PM
What about that 2 footed lunge on JM before he scored? had that muppet connected it would have been a shocking challenge, right in front of that useless ref as well :confused:

This one?

http://i65.tinypic.com/vq6x3a.jpg

inglisavhibs
02-04-2017, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=Billy;4997154]https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/1986[/QUOTE
From the highlights, looks like we played pretty well and dominated. Didn't take our chances and lost a goal to a very debatable penalty but that happens sometimes. Keep that level of determination and we will get over the line soon.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-04-2017, 08:10 PM
This one?

http://i65.tinypic.com/vq6x3a.jpg

WTF? :grr:

Deansy
02-04-2017, 08:25 PM

How the ref didn't book the Dunfermline-player for that just defies logic - there was NO intent to tackle whatsoever, it was purely and simply an intent to seriously hurt McGinn !

weecounty hibby
02-04-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm sure that's the little rat who kicked Fontaine that saw him injured at ER

jane_says
02-04-2017, 08:29 PM

Jesus...ditto.

The picture of the tackle just defies belief that he didn't even get booked

basehibby
02-04-2017, 09:45 PM
How the ref didn't book the Dunfermline-player for that just defies logic - there was NO intent to tackle whatsoever, it was purely and simply an intent to seriously hurt McGinn !

I thought the Pars player pulled out slightly at the last moment - otherwise may well have hurt him. He was still lucky not to get booked though - both feet off the ground.

JimBHibees
02-04-2017, 09:57 PM
I'm sure that's the little rat who kicked Fontaine that saw him injured at ER

It is.

basehibby
02-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Been saying this for years. Putting on my neutral glasses, Hibs NEVER seem get any controversial decisions yet there's been loads of them against us.
They even themselves out they say? Aye, ma arsium they do.

I agree - and I think the root of it is that Scottish refs often let cloggers off with niggly fouls left right and center as a matter of course. I don't know if they're trying to "let the play flow" or if they think it's "a man's game" but the end result is they encourage managers to play dirty hackers, cheats and professional foulers at the expense of skilled footballers. Teams like Hibs who have a history of taking pride in trying to play good football are therefore often penalised by default because we're not trying - and therefore getting away with - as many sneaky sly digs as the opposition. Managers like Houston at Falkirk know this and take full advantage. One very unwelcome result is a dearth of skillful players coming through - remember Watmore a few seasons back under Butcher? A skillfull if light weight player who's been doing well down south but was pretty much kicked out of the SPL with the express permission of Scottish oficialdom.