PDA

View Full Version : how did we actually play today?

Cat Stanton
01-04-2017, 10:07 PM
I couldn't go, and I can't get a sense of actually how we played from all the bickering on the main match thread. So how was it?

Were we unlucky (sounds a bit)?

Pars pal said a decent game, with McGinn very good and Efe very shaky. That true?

Still Smiling
01-04-2017, 10:14 PM
No Effe was great and Hibs actually played ok. Good in first half particularly. I sometimes feel the team are trying too hard. Need to calm down a bit. Effe is cool as cucumber. McLean had a good debut, really solid. Dunf got a lift from a dodgy penalty.

greenlex
01-04-2017, 10:18 PM
We played decent enough the first half without being brilliant and were well deserved leaders at the break. Only an easily dealt with soft header on target for them.
Started the second half really well and created a good few chances with the pick being a Graham miss from about a yard that he somehow put wide when it was easier to score.
Fell out if it a bit when they pressed and got their penalty goal. We rallied fir a wee bit and fell away again without them really troubling us. Last 5 mins we woke up again. I thought we just shared it but we are slow and pedestrian fir long periods. When the pars looked at their most dangerous it was when they moved the ball quickly but final third they were poor and Rocky had little to do.
Stonewall penalty shout fir us in that last final fling.
Not the worst we've played but certainly not the best. McGinn was great in spells but had some periods when his passing was poor. Efe was just Efe. He strolled the game other than falling over the ball once..

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-04-2017, 10:21 PM
We were bossing it without being that great up until 10 mins into the 2nd half where there were 2 turning points. 1. Cummings cut back for Graham for what seemed like an easy tap in but looked like a sitter. At 2-0 the game would have been well over and we'd have strolled the 90 mins. 2. The ref decided to make a game of it and between him and the linesman managed to contrive a penalty out of someone blootering the ball twice at our defence. I'd like to see it again but if someone smacks the ball at point blank range wtf are you supposed to do? After they equalised it was game on but tbh, it was the ref that was giving me the most nightmares. Ambrose never had a bad game, he slipped when he took his eye off the ball at one point that could have been worse.

Cat Stanton
01-04-2017, 10:21 PM
We played decent enough the first half without being brilliant and were well deserved leaders at the break. Only an easily dealt with soft header on target for them.
Started the second half really well and created a good few chances with the pick being a Graham miss from about a yard that he somehow put wide when it was easier to score.
Fell out if it a bit when they pressed and got their penalty goal. We rallied fir a wee bit and fell away again without them really troubling us. Last 5 mins we woke up again. I thought we just shared it but we are slow and pedestrian fir long periods. When the pars looked at their most dangerous it was when they moved the ball quickly but final third they were poor and Rocky had little to do.
Stonewall penalty shout fir us in that last final fling.
Not the worst we've played but certainly not the best. McGinn was great in spells but had some periods when his passing was poor. Efe was just Efe. He strolled the game other than falling over the ball once..

thanks

PiemanP
02-04-2017, 12:18 AM
We had the better chances but couldn't finish them. First half we were better, second half they controlled the midfield and were better. 1-1 was a fair result.

Graham was not at it, neither was Cummings. Effe was good - don't listen to the haters. Stevenson was awful again

Dunfermline was a decent night out too!

Blaster
02-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Penalty was the only way Dunfermline were going to score today

greenlex
02-04-2017, 12:32 AM
We had the better chances but couldn't finish them. First half we were better, second half they controlled the midfield and were better. 1-1 was a fair result.

Graham was not at it, neither was Cummings. Effe was good - don't listen to the haters. Stevenson was awful again

Graham was ok sitter aside. Cummings had no service in the right areas and I'm not sure what Stevenson you were watching again.

PiemanP
02-04-2017, 12:37 AM
Graham was ok first half but second half after his sitter he seemed to just give up. The game jus passed him by after that. Agree Cummings had zero service.

Stevenson had 3 cross ball opportunities in the second half, he fluffed each one under no real pressure. If we're serious about this club progressing next year he shouldn't be in the starting 11.

Unseen work
02-04-2017, 12:47 AM
Can someone clarify what formation we played?

Was it a diamond or what?

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-04-2017, 12:56 AM
Can someone clarify what formation we played?

Was it a diamond or what?Wasn't a diamond - it looked like a 4-1-3-2.

RamYer1902
02-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Efe strolled it again. Your pals talk *****. Hibs good for 60 mins then slowed after controversial penalty. Brian Graham missed sitter at 1-0 and if that went in, we'd have won by 3 or 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

staunchhibby
02-04-2017, 07:04 AM
Best part of game was when Holt responded to the fat b------- chants from the Dunfermline supporters and lifted his top and then mimicked to them re specs:wink::wink:

Ilovehibs
02-04-2017, 07:15 AM

How do you mean Stevenson was awful again?
He has been great of late.
As you said, I won't listen to the haters.

lucky
02-04-2017, 07:17 AM

Don't listen to the haters; you slaughter Stevenson on here then start a separate thread on him. Effie was not as good as he has been but don't let the truth get in the way of your hating Stevenson

GreenCastle
02-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Like most games this season. Clubs see Hibs as a big club and a chance to get one over us and make an impression / raise their game.

Having watched all 4 Dunfermline games this season they have caused us problems and looked a tidy side who move the ball well at times.

Of course I wanted a win and 3 points but we continue to be in control and I have faith these players will get the job done that the previous 2 teams couldn't.

Let's stay positive - keep supporting the players home and away - plus fill Hampden and make it a positive end to the season.

Jones28
02-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Graham was ok first half but second half after his sitter he seemed to just give up. The game jus passed him by after that. Agree Cummings had zero service.

Stevenson had 3 cross ball opportunities in the second half, he fluffed each one under no real pressure. If we're serious about this club progressing next year he shouldn't be in the starting 11.

You've already got a thread going on this topic, away and spout your pish on that instead.

Franck Stanton
02-04-2017, 02:45 PM

Okay, we get the message, you don't rate/like Lewis. Gonna give it a break, getting boring now.

PatHead
02-04-2017, 04:13 PM
I thought we were okay in the first half. Pretty much controlled the game. Started the second half well. Both graham and Cummings missed chances when it seemed easier to score. Their goalie had a great save from SJM. They then came into it without really threatening. Got the penalty and the game got scrappy. Both referee and the pitch were poor. Dunfermline nothing like as good as they were at Easter Road. Once again I thought we should have been out of sight before they scored. Couldn't count the number of times I have left a match thinking that over the last few seasons.

Bobby's Cinema
02-04-2017, 05:07 PM
It was another game for me where we never created enough and never scored enough. Very familiar, we are increasingly lucky not to have any sort of challenge behind us