PDA

View Full Version : Everton

cleanyman
01-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Didn't realise they had such a woeful record in recent years against Liverpool

No wins since 2010 and no win at Anfield since 1999.

Wow

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Didn't realise they had such a woeful record in recent years against Liverpool

No wins since 2010 and no win at Anfield since 1999.

Wow

They just don't turn up in derbies. Ross Barkley just wants to kick people and Lukawho goes missing.Too easy for Liverpool.

theonlywayisup
02-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Lucawho

Who?

3pm
02-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Who?

A play on Lukaku, who'd get a game for Liverpool.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Who?

Exactly! Anonymous in big games wouldn't get near Liverpool.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Everton, the Hearts of Merseyside

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Everton, the Hearts of Merseyside

Their approach to derbies has certainly mirrored the Jambos recently, another spineless performance from them yesterday has left their fans raging. Especially as Koeman has said he was proud of their performance yesterday, a Cathro type statement.

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2017, 09:09 AM

Excuse my ignorance of English football but isn't he the type of player Liverpool need? Someone that turns up against the rubbish teams would be ideal - whereas the boys there just now do the opposite.

Genuinely haven't paid full attention for a couple of years now but when I notice a result Liverpool seem to have dropped points against Burnley or the likes.

frazeHFC
02-04-2017, 09:10 AM

Liverpool crying out for a player like him though. Didn't need him yesterday but there's been plenty games this season where they look like they desperately need a big physical number 9.

3pm
02-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Excuse my ignorance of English football but isn't he the type of player Liverpool need? Someone that turns up against the rubbish teams would be ideal - whereas the boys there just now do the opposite.

Genuinely haven't paid full attention for a couple of years now but when I notice a result Liverpool seem to have dropped points against Burnley or the likes.

He's kidding himself on if he thinks Lukaku wouldn't get a game!

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Liverpool crying out for a player like him though. Didn't need him yesterday but there's been plenty games this season where they look like they desperately need a big physical number 9.

Nah that's not how we play or what we need at all. The problem is he scores goals but doesn't really bully the opposition back line when he's not scoring like a Drogba would. We are top scorers in EPL so goals not really our problem.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 09:19 AM
He's kidding himself on if he thinks Lukaku wouldn't get a game!

Not at all, goals are not our problem and his physical attributes aren't that evident far too often.

frazeHFC
02-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Nah that's not how we play or what we need at all. The problem is he scores goals but doesn't really bully the opposition back line when he's not scoring like a Drogba would. We are top scorers in EPL so goals not really our problem.

We'll agree to disagree then haha. Think Lukaku would have made a huge difference this season in certain games where Firmino and the likes have been kept quiet.

The defensive side of the team is definitely the key area needing improved this summer though.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 09:22 AM
We'll agree to disagree then haha. Think Lukaku would have made a huge difference this season in certain games where Firmino and the likes have been kept quiet.

He was handled easily yesterday,yet our defence has been bullied many times.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Liverpool need better defenders and a goalie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
02-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Lukaku is ok bullying the lesser teams but no good against class defenders like Vertonghen, Cahill or Louvren. Also, Everton's only creative player is Barkley which isn't saying much.
They need to get the big cheque book out and spend wisely. Some of their recent purchases have been poor apart from Schneiderlin.

CapitalGreen
02-04-2017, 12:47 PM

Interesting that you use Didier Drogba as a comparison. When Drogba was Lukaku's age he was playing in French Ligue 2 with Le Mans scoring only 5 goals in 21 games.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Interesting that you use Didier Drogba as a comparison. When Drogba was Lukaku's age he was playing in French Ligue 2 with Le Mans scoring only 5 goals in 21 games.

Not sure how old he was but I remember him bullying the Liverpool defence for Marsielle.Lakaku wants to play Champions league, nowhere near ready for that level yet.

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Not sure how old he was but I remember him bullying the Liverpool defence for Marsielle.Lakaku wants to play Champions league, nowhere near ready for that level yet.Have you seen some of the teams in the champions league? Dembele scores goals in the Cl for Celtic and Lukaku is 10x the player he is.

CapitalGreen
02-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Not sure how old he was but I remember him bullying the Liverpool defence for Marsielle.Lakaku wants to play Champions league, nowhere near ready for that level yet.

Drogba was 25/26 at the time.

Lukaku scored 7 goals in 13 Champions League appearances for Anderlecht aged 16/17.

CapitalGreen
02-04-2017, 01:11 PM
For Everton this season Lukaku has scored 4 goals in 6 games against teams competing in the Champions League.

Leicester x1 - Quarter finalists
Tottenham x2 - Group stage
Man City x1 - Last 16

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Have you seen some of the teams in the champions league? Dembele scores goals in the Cl for Celtic and Lukaku is 10x the player he is.

I am still saying he doesn't have the game against the big boys and you will find plenty of Everton fans who agree. Especially those who watch him every week. It's not a Liverpool v Everton thing either. I listen to lots of blues who say the same and see it on their forums. I guess their opinions are more valid than most?

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2017, 01:26 PM
I am still saying he doesn't have the game against the big boys and you will find plenty of Everton fans who agree. Especially those who watch him every week. It's not a Liverpool v Everton thing either. I listen to lots of blues who say the same and see it on their forums. I guess their opinions are more valid than most?I think anyone who suggests he is ''nowhere near'' champions league level is having a laugh. He'll move to a champions league team in the summer and do just fine.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 01:32 PM
I think anyone who suggests he is ''nowhere near'' champions league level is having a laugh. He'll move to a champions league team in the summer and do just fine.

We will see, looked awesome yesterday.

Baader
02-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Lukaku would walk into that Liverpool side and much better teams than that. Let's not kid ourselves on.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Lukaku would walk into that Liverpool side and much better teams than that. Let's not kid ourselves on.

Hahaha okay then.

Pete
02-04-2017, 01:42 PM
More Scousers in the away end than there was in the entire home end.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 01:50 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzz

The "Peoples Club" and obsession with location of fans is the Everton comfort blanket equivalent of 5-1 & 1902.

berwickhibee
02-04-2017, 04:48 PM

wrong, I was down on 31dec versus man city and was amazed at the amount of scousers in the crowd, after hearing all the stories about all tourists etc, it certainly wasn't that day,

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 05:17 PM
wrong, I was down on 31dec versus man city and was amazed at the amount of scousers in the crowd, after hearing all the stories about all tourists etc, it certainly wasn't that day,

It's always been a load of ****** mate,just another Everton comfort blanket.

Pete
02-04-2017, 06:03 PM

Must have been a one off. It's usually full of people from all over the country who have a special relationship with Liverpool.i.e. **** all to do with Liverpool.

One time when I was down I was sitting amongst a group of Chinese tourists with red bar scarves. They said they were big Liverpool fans but next week they're going to take their scarves to Arsenal and support them then Old Trafford the week after. They started cheering when the ball went out for a goal kick. True story.

G B Young
04-04-2017, 07:20 PM
They just don't turn up in derbies. Ross Barkley just wants to kick people and Lukawho goes missing.Too easy for Liverpool.

Do you mean they don't turn up for derbies in general or just in recent seasons? I'd always assumed Everton's record against Liverpool was way worse than our overall record against Hearts but I had a look at the stats and while Liverpool are 20-odd wins to the good, Everton have won a lot more than I thought and about a third of the total Merseyside derbies have ended in draws. I'd have thought that given how dominant a force in English football Liverpool were in the 70s and 80s, they'd have been a lot further ahead. In saying that, I do recall enjoying watching the mid-80s Everton featuring Sharp and Gray up front and I recall them winning a few derbies around that time.

How's the fixture viewed in general by both sets of fans? Do Liverpool fans generally go into the game the more confident of the pair?

Mr White
04-04-2017, 07:22 PM
They've just scored at old trafford.

lord bunberry
04-04-2017, 07:25 PM
They've just scored at old trafford.
Do you think he meant that? I'm not convinced tbh :greengrin

heretoday
04-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Tricky goal by Jags! Barry played a part too. The zombies awake!

Mr White
04-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Do you think he meant that? I'm not convinced tbh :greengrin

Deft touch for a CH if it was intentional!

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Do you mean they don't turn up for derbies in general or just in recent seasons? I'd always assumed Everton's record against Liverpool was way worse than our overall record against Hearts but I had a look at the stats and while Liverpool are 20-odd wins to the good, Everton have won a lot more than I thought and about a third of the total Merseyside derbies have ended in draws. I'd have thought that given how dominant a force in English football Liverpool were in the 70s and 80s, they'd have been a lot further ahead. In saying that, I do recall enjoying watching the mid-80s Everton featuring Sharp and Gray up front and I recall them winning a few derbies around that time.

How's the fixture viewed in general by both sets of fans? Do Liverpool fans generally go into the game the more confident of the pair?

Yes absolutely we do of late and likewise the Everton fans will bemoan before the game how they never seem to play at their highest level against us. Everton had a superb team in the eighties under Howard Kendal and the ban in Europe following Heysel means we'll never know how far they could have gone. Remember they did win the European Cup Winners Cup so the European Cup was within their reach too probably.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Actually hoping for an Everton win tonight.

lord bunberry
04-04-2017, 07:39 PM
It certainly was. Right through the keepers legs.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 07:43 PM

He just done all he could to get a touch on it,couldn't have had a clue where it was going to go apart from towards goal. Worked out perfect for him though.

Mr White
04-04-2017, 07:45 PM
He just done all he could to get a touch on it,couldn't have had a clue where it was going to go apart from towards goal. Worked out perfect for him though.

Aye that's a fair summary mate. He'll just be glad it went in. Same as you :greengrin

lord bunberry
04-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Koeman is going for 3 wins in a row at old Trafford.

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Yes absolutely we do of late and likewise the Everton fans will bemoan before the game how they never seem to play at their highest level against us. Everton had a superb team in the eighties under Howard Kendal and the ban in Europe following Heysel means we'll never know how far they could have gone. Remember they did win the European Cup Winners Cup so the European Cup was within their reach too probably.:agree:

Absolutely fantastic midfield, and great goalscorers in Sharp and Lineker. English teams pretty much dominated Europe in the late 70s and early 80s, I've no doubt Everton would have continued that and probably picked up at least one European Cup, if they had the chance.

heretoday
Barry, Jagielka, Williams and Robles are definitely on redemption road tonight.

Scouse Hibee
Aye that's a fair summary mate. He'll just be glad it went in. Same as you :greengrin

Yeah I'll take an Everton win tonight.

Sergey
04-04-2017, 07:54 PM
:agree:

Absolutely fantastic midfield, and great goalscorers in Sharp and Lineker. English teams pretty much dominated Europe in the late 70s and early 80s, I've no doubt Everton would have continued that and probably picked up at least one European Cup, if they had the chance.

The backbone of that team was Neville Southall and IMHO he was probably the best keeper in the world at that time.

They really were a good side to watch and as Scouse states, who knows what they would have done in Europe.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 07:57 PM

Lineker was only there for one season but they also had Heath, Reid,Bracewell,Steven to name a few who individually weren't world beaters but collectively what a team with probably the best goalkeeper in the World at the time in Southall.
I had a mate who through illness missed nearly the whole season when they won the league so gave me his ST. It was Anfield one week Everton the next that year for me, gave the celebration of winning the league game a miss though;-)

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 08:03 PM
The backbone of that team was Neville Southall and IMHO he was probably the best keeper in the world at that time.

They really were a good side to watch and as Scouse states, who knows what they would have done in Europe.

Can't disagree G and he probably was the best keeper in the world. Zoff had retired, Arconada was close to retirement and Southall was better than Shilton or Clemence in my view.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Can't disagree G and he probably was the best keeper in the world. Zoff had retired, Arconada was close to retirement and Southall was better than Shilton or Clemence in my view.

Yes agreed the Welsh former binman was outstanding,couldn't stop Rush though :-)

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Lineker was only there for one season but they also had Heath, Reid,Bracewell,Steven to name a few who individually weren't world beaters but collectively what a team with probably the best goalkeeper in the World at the time in Southall.
I had a mate who through illness missed nearly the whole season when they won the league so gave me his ST. It was Anfield one week Everton the next that year for me, gave the celebration of winning the league game a miss though;-)

:greengrin

Sheedy was the player for me. Even though there was less exposure through TV, I still remember him. Definitely one for the list of great under-rated players.

Mr White
04-04-2017, 08:07 PM

Pat Jennings? Probably past his best by 1985 though tbf he did play in the 86 world cup.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 08:11 PM

Sheedy was the player for me. Even though there was less exposure through TV, I still remember him. Definitely one for the list of great under-rated players.

Yes forgot about Sheedy the ex Liverpool player.

Sergey
04-04-2017, 08:14 PM

Don't forget the Steven's brothers who were lured by the Glasgow EBT's :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Don't forget the Steven's brothers who were lured by the Glasgow EBT's :greengrin

They weren't brothers if you are referring to Trevor Steven & Gary Stevens.

heretoday
04-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Classic Fellaini! What an oaf.

Sergey
04-04-2017, 08:21 PM
They weren't brothers if you are referring to Trevor Steven & Gary Stephens.

Sorry Scouse - you've just had one of those dreaded 'whoosh' moments.

Mibbes Aye

Thomas and Enoch.......

heretoday
This ref's a homer. They'll get a pen late on.

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Yes forgot about Sheedy the ex Liverpool player.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Sorry Scouse - you've just had one of those dreaded 'whoosh' moments.

Have I? Oh well never mind it certainly went flying over ;-)

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Pat Jennings? Probably past his best by 1985 though tbf he did play in the 86 world cup.

Saw Jennings play, early 80s. Biggest hands I've ever seen :greengrin

I am an Arsenal fan but I would give Southall the edge.

All that notwithstanding, I vaguely remember the Home Championships from that time. Had it gone on another couple of years then I'mguessing the keepers would have been Shilton/Southall/Jennings/Leighton. What a collection! Easily four of the best in Europe if not the world.

heretoday
04-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Dunno why Koeman took Mirallas off unless he wants a repeat of Saturday.

Mr White
04-04-2017, 08:35 PM

All that notwithstanding, I vaguely remember the Home Championships from that time. Had it gone on another couple of years then I'mguessing the keepers would have been Shilton/Southall/Jennings/Leighton. What a collection! Easily four of the best in Europe if not the world.

That would have been the 4 keepers at the last home champs in 84 no?

heretoday
04-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Pace from Lukaku.

JimBHibees
Everton has always been the people's club in Liverpool a real working mans club compared to the corporate entity of their neighbours.

Sergey

How times change. I just checked on wiki about their sizes as none of those came over to me at the time as being overly large (although, being kind, Southall was somewhat rotund). They were:

Shilton - 6' 1"
Southall - 6' 1"
Jennings 6'
Leighton 6' 1.5"

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Everton has always been the people's club in Liverpool a real working mans club compared to the corporate entity of their neighbours.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JimBHibees
04-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 08:41 PM
That would have been the 4 keepers at the last home champs in 84 no?

Might have been. As far as I recall, Leighton took over from Rough but I can't remember when. Rough was definitely in goals for the 82 World Cup. I think Leighton got the gig after his European exploits in '83 so I think you're right, though I'm not convinced whether it was Shilton or Clemence for England - they seemed to alternate, then Shilton became dominant (am fairly certain he was between the sticks for Mexico 86).

Might be a Google to clarify :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
04-04-2017, 08:42 PM
Everton and Liverpool annoy me. Probably the first set of fans you would expect to wear half and half scarves to derbys

Mr White
04-04-2017, 08:42 PM
Might have been. As far as I recall, Leighton took over from Rough but I can't remember when. Rough was definitely in goals for the 82 World Cup. I think Leighton got the gig after his European exploits in '83 so I think you're right, though I'm not convinced whether it was Shilton or Clemence for England - they seemed to alternate, then Shilton became dominant (am fairly certain he was between the sticks for Mexico 86).

Might be a Google to clarify :greengrin

Looks like Shilton played v the Nordies and Leighton and Southall faced off at hampden :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 08:44 PM
How times change. I just checked on wiki about their sizes as none of those came over to me at the time as being overly large (although, being kind, Southall was somewhat rotund). They were:

Shilton - 6' 1"
Southall - 6' 1"
Jennings 6'
Leighton 6' 1.5"

Midgets compared to Lofty McNeil :agree:

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Everton and Liverpool annoy me. Probably the first set of fans you would expect to wear half and half scarves to derbys

Have to agree those scarves are awful,plenty of things have united the two clubs over the years and they have stood together through many a dark day but half/half scarves on Derby day is cringe worthy in my opinion.

heretoday
04-04-2017, 08:50 PM
The ref's not a homer after all!

But oh no!

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Looks like Shilton played v the Nordies and Leighton and Southall faced off at hampden :greengrin

Well done :greengrin

Think it's indisputable that it would be hard to get that quality of keepers in such a small format, ever.

Funnily enough, one of my earliest football TV memories is the Spurs-Man City FA Cup Final and replay in 1981. Joe Corrigan was a very good keeper but never stood a chance having to compete with Clemence and then Shilton.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Penalty!

cleanyman
04-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Classic Everton.

Total *****bags

Mr White
04-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Well done :greengrin

Think it's indisputable that it would be hard to get that quality of keepers in such a small format, ever.

Funnily enough, one of my earliest football TV memories is the Spurs-Man City FA Cup Final and replay in 1981. Joe Corrigan was a very good keeper but never stood a chance having to compete with Clemence and then Shilton.

heretoday
Fair result to be honest. But Toffees can be a bit happier.

Scouse Hibee
Decent result for Liverpool,happy with the draw.

jgl07
04-04-2017, 09:21 PM
They weren't brothers if you are referring to Trevor Steven & Gary Stevens.
But there was another Gary Stevens of course who didn't play for Everton or Rangers.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 09:25 PM
But there was another Gary Stevens of course who didn't play for Everton or Rangers.

Played for Spurs & Brighton

soupy
04-04-2017, 09:29 PM

Gary Steven it was

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Gary Steven it was

Nah it was Stevens.The only Steven was Trevor.

soupy
04-04-2017, 09:34 PM

Aw you might very well be right 👍

Sir David Gray
04-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Everton should have finished that game with 8 players. Williams obviously got sent off, Gueye should have received a second yellow card for a foul on the edge of the box on Pogba and Robles should have also received a second yellow card for booting the ball into the stand when Ibrahimovic was trying to collect the ball after scoring the penalty.

Ibrahimovic was also denied a perfectly good goal earlier in the second half when it was wrongly ruled out for offside.

But apparently Manchester Utd get all the decisions from the officials...:rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Everton should have finished that game with 8 players. Williams obviously got sent off, Gueye should have received a second yellow card for a foul on the edge of the box on Pogba and Robles should have also received a second yellow card for booting the ball into the stand when Ibrahimovic was trying to collect the ball after scoring the penalty.

Ibrahimovic was also denied a perfectly good goal earlier in the second half when it was wrongly ruled out for offside.

But apparently Manchester Utd get all the decisions from the officials...:rolleyes:

Thought it was a decent result myself, watched the whole game but didn't see the three incidents you mention, must have been daydreaming or stirring my coffee ;-)

jgl07
04-04-2017, 10:00 PM

Nothing compared to former Liverpool goalkeeper Tommy Lawrence. also known as the 'Flying Pig'.

Bruce Grobbelaar wasn't exactly sylph like either.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Nothing compared to former Liverpool goalkeeper Tommy Lawrence. also known as the 'Flying Pig'.

Bruce Grobbelaar wasn't exactly sylph like either.

Southall and Grobelaar were as lean as they come in their heydays, not sure we're this rotund idea has come from? Later in their careers maybe but earlier no chance.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Thought it was a decent result myself, watched the whole game but didn't see the three incidents you mention, must have been daydreaming or stirring my coffee ;-)

Perhaps you were watching your "Steven Gerrard: My Premiership title winner's story" DVD instead? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Perhaps you were watching your "Steven Gerrard: My Premiership title winner's story" DVD instead? :greengrin

Nah it was one of the finals named after him I was watching. Or was it something about 5 times, not sure really.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Nah it was one of the finals named after him I was watching. Or was it something about 5 times, not sure really.

Touche! :tee hee: :applause:

monktonharp
04-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Everton has always been the people's club in Liverpool a real working mans club compared to the corporate entity of their neighbours.Jim, I don't follow English football, although as a bairn the Spurs were the top team. that was when I would read newspapers, about Blanchflower, Gilzean and probably that big Thug fae the Gorgie mob whae's sister married a mate o' mine's fae Whitecraig (Mackay).hope the Spurs can overcome the heidhunters btw. but apart from that, I am not so sure that there is a difference between Liverpool and Everton in that sense. It is a working man's toon although the 'Pool have been much more successful which is plain to see. However, I will now forever be a Toffies fan when it comes to Liverpool City, as John Doolan, and possibly his auld gaffer were Everton fans from Kirby, Liverpool. that ll dae fur me :na na:
Doolan is forever a Hibee, as well as a Toffie, his words not mine

heretoday
04-04-2017, 11:19 PM

Nah. He was Stephen.

Pete
05-04-2017, 03:48 AM
The only winners last night were Liverpool and I reckon fourth is theirs now.

The only reason they are in the top four is because they are the best of a bad bunch of Europa League class teams who are taking advantage of Arsenal being so pathetic.

Also, you can talk about decent 1980's keepers all you want but Neville Southall came second to Hamish McAlpine when it came to manly moustaches.

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2017, 06:46 AM
Nah. He was Stephen.

No it was Trevor Steven not Stephen Steven

calumhibee1
05-04-2017, 10:31 AM
I'd have Lukaku in my team ahead of every single Liverpool player every single day of the week.

NAE NOOKIE
05-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Once Everton move to their new gaff down the docks they will leave Liverpool trailing in the dust .... its only a matter of time :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2017, 12:16 PM
I'd have Lukaku in my team ahead of every single Liverpool player every single day of the week.

That's why you will never make a manager.

McD
05-04-2017, 07:27 PM

Thatll be be the 'every single Liverpool player' who are 8 points clear of lukaku

calumhibee1
05-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Thatll be be the 'every single Liverpool player' who are 8 points clear of lukaku

Eh? So going by your logic seeing as Hearts are about 8 places above us in the Scottish football pyramid then John McGinn isn't better than their players, neither Jason Cummings, Darren McGregor, Paul Hanlon etc? Lukaku for 3 seasons now has guaranteed Everton a lot of goals. Goals win games. Therefore he'd be in my team well ahead of someone like Coutinho who only turns up every so often to score a 25 yarder. Only player in Liverpools team that comes close to him is Mane.

calumhibee1
05-04-2017, 09:09 PM
That's why you will never make a manager.

Says the guy who's claiming the top scorer in one of the top leagues in the world wouldn't get into a team with bang average strikers :aok:

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Says the guy who's claiming the top scorer in one of the top leagues in the world wouldn't get into a team with bang average strikers :aok:

Bang average strikers?Think you need to check how many goals we have scored, then get more practice on FM 17

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2017, 09:13 PM
8 points clear of Everton, not Lukaku. Lukaku has scored 22 goals this season. Who would you take from Liverpool ahead of him? Coutinho? He's been pretty minging the majority of the time for months now. Lukaku will win you games consistently in the same way that JC does for us. Coutinho will win you one in ten games with a bit of magic once every so often. That's the difference.

Lukawho was great in his last two games right enough.

calumhibee1
05-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Lukawho was great in his last two games right enough.

Coutinho goes missing for months at a time but you'll rip the heed off it to him I presume? :confused:

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Coutinho goes missing for months at a time but you'll rip the heed off it to him I presume? :confused:

Wow you have some funny habits to show your appreciation of footballers mate,not for me but each to their own ;-)

calumhibee1
05-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Wow you have some funny habits to show your appreciation of footballers mate,not for me but each to their own ;-)

We'll have agree to disagree on this one, but I can't possibly fathom how the leagues top scorer (I think anyway?) and a guy that's averaging a goal in 66% of the games he plays wouldn't get into a team who's centre forward is good for no more than 13 or 14 a season.

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2017, 09:31 PM
We'll have agree to disagree on this one, but I can't possibly fathom how the leagues top scorer (I think anyway?) and a guy that's averaging a goal in 66% of the games he plays wouldn't get into a team who's centre forward is good for no more than 13 or 14 a season.

Yeah we'll agree to disagree, different styles etc.

southsider
05-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Went to see Everto in a FA cup tie when Kevin Sheedy done an Ali McLeod. Or scored from a free kick in one corner. Ref overruled it and Kevin put it the other corner. Was telling all the Everton guys about Ali. A lot said the cheered Celtic but after that many said they would shout on Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Went to see Everto in a FA cup tie when Kevin Sheedy done an Ali McLeod. Or scored from a free kick in one corner. Ref overruled it and Kevin put it the other corner. Was telling all the Everton guys about Ali. A lot said the cheered Celtic but after that many said they would shout on Hibs.

1985 v Ipswich he wrote about it in his book.

calumhibee1
20-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Lukaku in team of the year. 4 more goals than any other player and if you take out Alexis Sanchez he also has more assists than anyone else that's near the top goalscorer too..

Since90+2
20-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Lukaku is the focal point to everything Everton do offensively and the team is built around him to play to his strengths. Liverpool are more fluid as an attacking force and Firmino , Coutinho , Lallana ect all interchange and play in a more European style so its not easy to compare the two.

Lukaku is without questions a very good player but I dont think he would fit into Liverpool's style of play or score as many goals for them as he does at Everton.

mjhibby
20-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Lukaku in team of the year. 4 more goals than any other player and if you take out Alexis Sanchez he also has more assists than anyone else that's near the top goalscorer too..

Lukaku will get better service the better team he goes to. He's created a lot of goals for himself. It's up to him how far he wants to progress.

Bad Martini
20-04-2017, 12:25 PM
When I’ve nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along. That said, if Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I’d pull the curtains. Indeed, the difference between Everton and the Queen Mary is that Everton carry more passengers!

...that's not fair. There are TWO great teams on Merseyside. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. :thumbsup:

Fair enough, all Shankly's words but to quote the great man is all that's needed.

YNWA

ENDOF