PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon injury

PatHead
01-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Anyone know what happened to Paul today. Was named in the team then never came out. Is it a reoccurrence of the old injury ?

Famous Fiver
01-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Probably hurt because you couldn't get his name right!!:greengrin

PatHead
01-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Probably hurt because you couldn't get his name right!!:greengrin

Bloody iPhones. Can hardly see what I am typing. Can an admin fix it please ?

SirDavidsNapper
01-04-2017, 07:58 PM
That another emergency loan signing?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Hope Paul is ok for next week, but Hamlin could be out for a while I've heard.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Bloody iPhones. Can hardly see what I am typing. Can an admin fix it please ?

:greengrin I can sympathize with that! :agree: These smartphones should have a built in magnifying glass.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 08:03 PM
That another emergency loan signing?

Thank god Lennon added Ambrose and McLean. Our injury list at the back is quite extensive

stantonhibby
01-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Thank god Lennon added Ambrose and McLean. Our injury list at the back is quite extensive

That could the pairing next week if McGregor's appeal fails

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 08:52 PM
That could the pairing next week if McGregor's appeal fails

Could be, just as well NL got them in

stantonhibby
01-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Could be, just as well NL got them in

Yep

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Yep

Prefer EA at centre back anyway, rather than right back

Jonnyboy
01-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Or as was being said on an earlier in the week thread,why don't we get rid of McLean.

Thought he played really well today. What I'd call an old fashioned, no nonsense centre half

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Thought he played really well today. What I'd call an old fashioned, no nonsense centre half

Thought he did just fine, in his 1st start at Hibs, and 1st major game in 5 months

Jonnyboy
01-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Thought he did just fine, in his 1st start at Hibs, and 1st major game in 5 months

:agree:

familyman
01-04-2017, 09:11 PM
It seems to me at least that each time we leave things far too late in the season we stab ourselves in the back.It is clear that injuries will always feature and ref decisions can be shocking and certain teams are fighting for their lives , that is why I was unimpressed by lack of January signings and why oh why do we leave it so late when this stuff happens yet again...
We have been very unlucky with injuries for sure but we make our own luck ...We need to dig in very hard now
Thankfully other teams are dropping points but so are we just now all over the place...
If we need to win ugly now then so be it but we need to WIN...Next season we need a major squad revamp and a return to attractive winning football, for now just win.:flag:

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2017, 09:25 PM
Does anyone know how Hamlin is, not sure if I will sleep tonight if I don't know?

Ronniekirk
01-04-2017, 10:05 PM

Agree johnnyboy and nae number on his shirt first half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenlex
01-04-2017, 10:08 PM

He had blood on his original number shirt before getting another second half. He did just fine.

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2017, 06:59 AM
It seems to me at least that each time we leave things far too late in the season we stab ourselves in the back.It is clear that injuries will always feature and ref decisions can be shocking and certain teams are fighting for their lives , that is why I was unimpressed by lack of January signings and why oh why do we leave it so late when this stuff happens yet again...
We have been very unlucky with injuries for sure but we make our own luck ...We need to dig in very hard now
Thankfully other teams are dropping points but so are we just now all over the place...
If we need to win ugly now then so be it but we need to WIN...Next season we need a major squad revamp and a return to attractive winning football, for now just win.:flag:

In the defence of the manager/club we have four Centre Backs none of who I'd be worried if we had to play.
3 are out injured and one is likely to be suspended - that's very difficult to cater for on our budget.

We've done the sensible thing - bring in two emergency loans with Ambrose and McLean - and we know have the worry that Gray's injury may require Ambrose to cover Right back.

With the emergency loans and Crane I make that 5 of the 9 defenders in the first team being unavailable :(

Completely on board with the last bit - if you look at the attributes of a player that lead to goals we have very few players with those skills.
Crosses, corners and shooting from distance are particularly bad.

Ringothedog
02-04-2017, 08:27 AM
In the defence of the manager/club we have four Centre Backs none of who I'd be worried if we had to play.
3 are out injured and one is likely to be suspended - that's very difficult to cater for on our budget.

We've done the sensible thing - bring in two emergency loans with Ambrose and McLean - and we know have the worry that Gray's injury may require Ambrose to cover Right back.

With the emergency loans and Crane I make that 5 of the 9 defenders in the first team being unavailable :(

Completely on board with the last bit - if you look at the attributes of a player that lead to goals we have very few players with those skills.
Crosses, corners and shooting from distance are particularly bad.

McLean is not an emergency loan, he is our player signed on a short term contract.

MacGruber
02-04-2017, 08:35 AM
We have 5 centre backs ;)

overdrive
02-04-2017, 09:40 AM
We have 5 centre backs ;)

We actually have 6.

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Forster
McLean

When / if they are all fit hopefully Lennon doesn't follow Mourinho's lead and play all his centre backs at one time ;)

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2017, 09:53 AM

yes he did, number 15, which is actually jamie insall's squad number at hibs, i notice insall wasn't involved at all for East Fife yesterday

Billy Whizz
02-04-2017, 09:56 AM
yes he did, number 15, which is actually jamie insall's squad number at hibs, i notice insall wasn't involved at all for East Fife yesterday

And Commons

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2017, 09:58 AM
And Commons

McLean is 6 inches taller than insall, i thought the top looked kinda stretched on him :)

snooky
02-04-2017, 10:10 AM
... oh, and BTW, any updates on Paul Hanlon's injury? :dunno:

superfurryhibby
02-04-2017, 10:21 AM

Not really getting your point? Lennon signed two centre backs in the window and both have now played a part. He clearly identified where we needed the cover most and it worked. The addition of Stokes up front would have made it a very successful transfer window, unfortunately that one didn't get over the line.

Other teams are dropping points too, as you say. No doubt injury and suspension taking their toll on them. It's not particularly pretty or decisive, but we are doing enough and as you say, next season will be a whole different ball game.