PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

kaimendhibs
01-04-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm not singling Jase out but he looks distant/disinterested lately. He isnt getting service but when on form he drops deep for the ball and tries to make things happen. Lately that isnt happening imo. Does anyone thing hes been told to stay on shoulder of last man or is he just p'd off? Thoughts

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
01-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Jason scores goals, his record is good but when he goes through a dry spell he offers very little to team.

Agree, last few games he has looked disinterested.

stuart-farquhar
01-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Jason scores goals, his record is good but when he goes through a dry spell he offers very little to team.

Agree, last few games he has looked disinterested.

uninterested

18Hibee75
01-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Seems a strange one for me. Even when the likes of Graham and Holt are trying to knock balls through for him to run onto he looks disinterested, I know what you mean.

Today especially he frustrated me because he is a very good footballer and knows where the back of the net is, but he looks like he's almost trying to make a statement and he seems pissed off.

Could also be a lack of confidence as he hasn't scored in three or four weeks I don't think, hopefully he scores next game and see him playing his best football again.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
01-04-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm not singling Jase out but he looks distant/disinterested lately. He isnt getting service but when on form he drops deep for the ball and tries to make things happen. Lately that isnt happening imo. Does anyone thing hes been told to stay on shoulder of last man or is he just p'd off? Thoughts

I think he's suffering from a lack of service, but saying that he hasn't been his usual self. The whole team looks out of sorts tbh.

CL0762
01-04-2017, 07:48 PM

I'd say he looks disinterested as he's getting absolutely no service. He has to drop deep to get involved otherwise the only times he'd touch a ball during the game is his set pieces.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2017, 07:49 PM
When Jason is off the boil it really shows how badly off we are for goalscorers.

lord bunberry
01-04-2017, 07:52 PM
I'd say he looks disinterested as he's getting absolutely no service. He has to drop deep to get involved otherwise the only times he'd touch a ball during the game is his set pieces.
I wouldn't say disinterested, I would say frustrated.

SunshineOnLeith
01-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Every time he doesn't score for a couple of games there's a raft of amateur behavioural psychologists on here declaring that he's petulant/not trying/not focused etc.

Where do you all apply your skills on the many, many occasions he does score?

Unseen work
01-04-2017, 08:05 PM
I don't blame him in the slightest at being frustrated.

B.H.F.C
01-04-2017, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't say disinterested, I would say frustrated.

I agree. He's not been good in the last couple of games. But I think it's easy to start chucking about the 'lazy' and 'disinterested' comments.

He's been out only decent striker all season and needs a bit more help. As I say, I'm not disputing he's been poor in the last week but he needs some service.

kaimendhibs
01-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Every time he doesn't score for a couple of games there's a raft of amateur behavioural psychologists on here declaring that he's petulant/not trying/not focused etc.

Where do you all apply your skills on the many, many occasions he does score?
Aye right then. Did you see him bust a gut on weds or today? Did he have a shot today? Did he drop deep today?

SaulGoodman
01-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Aye right then. Did you see him bust a gut on weds or today? Did he have a shot today? Did he drop deep today?

I thought get we didn't want our strikers to drop deep? That's all I hear about Grant Holt

HFCdeb
01-04-2017, 08:20 PM
He's missing Shinnie.

kaimendhibs
01-04-2017, 08:22 PM
I thought get we didn't want our strikers to drop deep? That's all I hear about Grant Holt
Jc has done some great work dropping deep. Hes not doing it

lucky
01-04-2017, 08:35 PM
He was holding the ball up well today trying to bring others into the game but he had little or no decent service in and around the box

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Jason has been the only forward we have at the club who's stood up regularly, him and the much maligned Boyle

Malthibby
01-04-2017, 09:16 PM
He scores goals, he's a goalscorer, except when he doesn't, then he's not.
He's going to start again soon, & when he does he won't stop. Until he does.
Etc.
He's much better than he used to be when he's not scoring, but I think he struggles
heid-wise when the ball isn't going in & that's when the negative body-language starts.
Business end of the season is the perfect time for JC to kick on again.
GG

Smartie
01-04-2017, 09:43 PM
If Jason gets service he gets goals.

Has he even had a half-chance created for him since Tannadice? I can't recall any.

He's not the type who can easily carve something out of nothing (although he has scored a good few goals from distance out of relatively nothing) so he needs help.

I like him and I understand his frustration.

I still think he'll be getting at least one more medal before the season ends though so he should keep his head up.

CMurdoch
01-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Poor service as it has been for so long now.
Missing McGeough and Shinnie

lord bunberry
01-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Jason Cummings baby..,,

wookie70
01-04-2017, 10:46 PM
He had a very good chance today from a Graham centre. Isn't playing as well as he did earlier in the season but then again neither is the team. When he is involved he does pretty well from what I can see but he has a difficult job as the ball is either humped up the park, frequently to him, or it arrives in the final third after about 6 slow passes and with the defence and the midfield of the opposition already set. If I have a criticism he isn't making as many runs into the channels but I sympathise a wee bit as the service to him is terrible.

18Hibee75
01-04-2017, 10:47 PM
He's missing Shinnie.
This.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

PiemanP
02-04-2017, 12:23 AM
Noticed in the warm up today he was the only player (with the occasional exception of keatings) who was any good at actually putting the ball in the net 1 on 1 v the keeper. The rest were embarrassing.

The service to Jase today was awful. I'm not surprised he got frustrated.

CL0762
02-04-2017, 01:14 AM
He's missing Shinnie.

I was thinking this today actually. His last 2 really good finishes have came from a Shinnie through ball - Hearts at home and Dundee United away.

Centre Hawf
02-04-2017, 01:25 AM
We are playing some very woeful football at the moment and Jason is getting no service from it. He cuts a frustrated figure and that gets peoples backs up. I think in some cases Lennon has improved him but the football he has us playing is not showing it.

Dunbar Hibee
02-04-2017, 03:46 AM
He's not disinterested at all. Quite the opposite. Definitely frustrated though, but who could blame him?

eastcoasthibby
02-04-2017, 07:16 AM
He doesn't work hard enough in games totally selfish, if its doesn't come off for him early in games his head goes all over the place he stops making runs, stops working, moans about everything, instead of rolling up his sleeves and getting on with it and working to lose his marker, he just stands and loses the very strength that he has in being awkward for defenders when he is on the ball .. He becomes a passenger... Yes a goalscorer no doubt but still doesn't get the fact you need to work for what you get ...

Phil MaGlass
02-04-2017, 08:13 AM
IMO once we r promoted and we invest in better players,hopefully he stays, then he will get the sevice and support he needs, it just isnt happening with the players around him. We should have recruited in January, big opportunity to wrap league up earlier missed and a chance to build.for premier. On the other hand we should have a bigger pot of money for signings, hopefully we invest in players early this time and dont sign players/ injured unfit a few days before the season beginz.

Smartie
02-04-2017, 11:30 AM
He doesn't work hard enough in games totally selfish, if its doesn't come off for him early in games his head goes all over the place he stops making runs, stops working, moans about everything, instead of rolling up his sleeves and getting on with it and working to lose his marker, he just stands and loses the very strength that he has in being awkward for defenders when he is on the ball .. He becomes a passenger... Yes a goalscorer no doubt but still doesn't get the fact you need to work for what you get ...

Are we talking about the same Jason Cummings here?

Yes, his body language can sometimes give off the signs that he is frustrated.

But I don't think his head goes down. He keeps going better than most of the players I've seen for us and he's wanting to score in the last minute every bit as much as he does in the first.

There is a daftness that he could be criticised for but I honestly don't think his attitude or spirit is something that can reasonably be criticised.

Big L
02-04-2017, 11:40 AM
JC's not scoring, must b about a month now. I don't think Holt, Graham or Keats would improve the situation, I think we should bring Oli Shaw in to the mix, bring him on, see if he can maybe get goals at this level. Nothing to lose!

B.H.F.C
02-04-2017, 12:02 PM
JC's not scoring, must b about a month now. I don't think Holt, Graham or Keats would improve the situation, I think we should bring Oli Shaw in to the mix, bring him on, see if he can maybe get goals at this level. Nothing to lose!

He's went 3 games without a goal. He's been poor in those games but it's hardly the worst run a striker has ever went on.

We also can't play Shaw.

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2017, 01:08 PM
JC's not scoring, must b about a month now. I don't think Holt, Graham or Keats would improve the situation, I think we should bring Oli Shaw in to the mix, bring him on, see if he can maybe get goals at this level. Nothing to lose!We'd lose every game 3-0 if we started playing Shaw, he is out on loan.

Big L
02-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Oops! I was watching him play for the Dev team the other day, forgot he's out on loan.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Jason Cummings may be frustrated, he might be really pissed off?

And he's every right to be, he plays alongside some of the worst centre forwards we've had at the club.

He can't score every goal, and remember what division we are in, he and the team need others to chip in too.

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2017, 04:10 PM

And he's every right to be, he plays alongside some of the worst centre forwards we've had at the club.

He can't score every goal, and remember what division we are in, he and the team need others to chip in too.No he doesn't.

Smartie
02-04-2017, 04:14 PM
No he doesn't.

It would be interesting to hear what Jason thought.

As good as he is, and as many goals as he scores, he's never really struck up that great a partnership with anyone.

He's looked as good with Holt as he has with anyone and probably rates him very highly.

hfc rd
02-04-2017, 04:18 PM
It would be interesting to hear what Jason thought.

As good as he is, and as many goals as he scores, he's never really struck up that great a partnership with anyone.

He's looked as good with Holt as he has with anyone and probably rates him very highly.

He seemed to play well when Malonga was playing up front with him.

Smartie
02-04-2017, 04:25 PM

Yes, he did, but I didn't ever really look upon them as a partnership.

I loved Malonga, I really like Jason, but we had a good few frustrating afternoons with those two up front too.

lord bunberry
02-04-2017, 04:29 PM
He also played well with El Alagui.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-04-2017, 04:31 PM
He's leaving at the end of the season from what I've heard

Albanian Hibs
02-04-2017, 04:32 PM

Heard from who exactly? And where is he going?

bigwheel
02-04-2017, 04:34 PM

Why do people post random rumours that have no credibility .......

Vini1875
02-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Service and pace. We give our strikers none and so they have to get past six defenders who have had time to get back and into position. We are ponderous in attack and teams are defending well against us.

Lago
02-04-2017, 05:09 PM
He also played well with El Alagui.
On the odd occasion El Alagui played

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2017, 05:17 PM
No he doesn't.

In your opinion, not mine.

02-04-2017, 05:58 PM

He can't score every goal, and remember what division we are in, he and the team need others to chip in too.

You have got to be joking?! Holt, Keatings etc aren't even close to the worst we've had.

lord bunberry
02-04-2017, 09:03 PM
You have got to be joking?! Holt, Keatings etc aren't even close to the worst we've had.
I don't think they're the worst we've had either, but their goals return is criminally low, add that to a midfield that rarely chips in with it's fair share of goals and we end up struggling to beat teams we should be hammering.