PDA

View Full Version : Current squad for next season(assuming promoted)

thebakerboy
01-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Been looking through the current squad with regard to who we should keep for Premier League(assuming promtion)

First team starters Mcginn, Mcgregor , Hanlon and Cummings

Reserves/back up Boyle , Martin , McGeouch , Stevenson , Crane , Laidlaw , Gray and Keatings

Get shot Holt , Handling , Graham , Harris , Humphrey , Fontaine , Foster and Mclean

Unsure Fyvie Bartley and Gallacher

Loanees Marciano and Ambrose , possibly OK if they stay full time , Shinnie send back.

This means if we were to keep the squad at the same numbers we would need to bring in at least 7 starters and 2 or 3 others which is a massive change of personnel but in my mind fully required to attain a decent top six place in the top league. I know this a bit pearly to be looking at this but I hope Mr Lennon has something like this in mind what does anyone else think.

SChibs
01-04-2017, 05:42 PM
I'd keep shinnie if possible and fyvie and bartley. Marciano possibly okay? I'd keep him easily.

Unseen work
01-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Fyvie and Bartley should 100% stay.

I don't know why Fyvie isn't playing as we seem to play better when he is in the team imo.

CMurdoch
01-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Been looking through the current squad with regard to who we should keep for Premier League(assuming promtion)

First team starters Mcginn, Mcgregor , Hanlon and Cummings

Reserves/back up Boyle , Martin , McGeouch , Stevenson , Crane , Laidlaw , Gray and Keatings

Get shot Holt , Handling , Graham , Harris , Humphrey , Fontaine , Foster and Mclean

Unsure Fyvie Bartley and Gallacher

Loanees Marciano and Ambrose , possibly OK if they stay full time , Shinnie send back.

This means if we were to keep the squad at the same numbers we would need to bring in at least 7 starters and 2 or 3 others which is a massive change of personnel but in my mind fully required to attain a decent top six place in the top league. I know this a bit pearly to be looking at this but I hope Mr Lennon has something like this in mind what does anyone else think.

There is the not so small matter of contracts. From your list of 7 get shots I believe Handling, Graham and perhaps Forster will still be under contract.

To deliver...
01-04-2017, 05:52 PM

I don't know why Fyvie isn't playing as we seem to play better when he is in the team imo.

This 100%

CMurdoch
01-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Think they should try to keep all 3 loanees (Ambrose, Shinnie & Marciano)
Lots of key players at the end of their contracts who should be resigned, McGregor, Fyvie and Bartley.
We desperately need new strikers e.g Louis Moult

Big_Franck
01-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Of the players currently at Hibs I'd want to keep Marciano, Hanlon, McGregor, Ambose, McGinn, Bartley, McGeouch, Cummings and possibly Boyle and Shinnie. The rest could quite easily be replaced.

We need a serious number of recruits in the summer if we are to finish top 6 next season, which has to be the aim in the first season back up.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2017, 05:56 PM
We need to build a team around Hanlon, McGregor, McGinn, McGeouch (if fit) and Cummings.

I wouldn't have said any other place in the side was guaranteed.

Ozyhibby
01-04-2017, 05:57 PM
I'd keep shinnie if possible and fyvie and bartley. Marciano possibly okay? I'd keep him easily.

No way I'd keep Shinnie, we need goals from midfield next season and Shinnie does not provide that. Not much in the way of assists either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedHibby
01-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Cummings and McGinn will be gone in the summer. I don't think we will have the money to bring in better players.

18Hibee75
01-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Bartley and Fyvie 100% stay. There'll be games in the premiership against Rangers/Aberdeen/Hearts/Celtic where we will really miss Bartleys ability to break up an opponents attack and start one of our own.

Also would like to see Ambrose, Marciano and Shinnie stay. Would like Holt and Martin to stay as well, not starters but certainly worthy of at least a place on the bench for me.

I would like to keep the same defence as well, not too bothered about bringing in any defenders as that's not our problem right now. Think we have a pretty solid and versatile back four/three.

I think the most important we need to look to strengthen in the summer is definitely our strikers. Cummings chips in with a lot of goals but he's the only one and he is not consistently brilliant. Overall I think we may only need three or four new starters in the summer with a couple of back ups. Starters to bring in - Winger, goal scoring midfielder, a striker that is reliable and possibly a goalie if we can't keep Rocky.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

thebakerboy
01-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Cummings and McGinn will be gone in the summer. I don't think we will have the money to bring in better players.

Well if you are correct there is no point in getting promoted on the back of big crowds at ER and then coming straight back down because that could be a disaster for Hibs.If what you say is correct and there is not a massive investment on the playing front we will struggle in the top division and the crowds will drop.

Smartie
01-04-2017, 06:57 PM

Fyvie's form had dropped off a cliff and he deserved to be dropped.

He may be better for the month or so's rest he's had though, and I could see him coming into the side and lifting us again.

Unfortunately we never seem to play very well when Fyvie and Bartley both play, and Bartley seems to have established himself as the first-choice defensive midfielder.

Pete
01-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Right now, I don't think our squad is as bad as some people are making out. It's hard to judge how they would do in the top flight as they won't have defensive teams to deal with all the time.

We've a good defence so I wouldn't mess with that.

Our midfield is decent and even if SJM goes, I'm confident we could get a decent addition to compliment our base.

We need to strengthen up top though, even if JC sticks around. Holt will be older and I'm not convinced that Keatings or Graham can step up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Next season we will be in the top league and that will make us a much better proposition for players.

Unseen work
01-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Fyvie's form had dropped off a cliff and he deserved to be dropped.

He may be better for the month or so's rest he's had though, and I could see him coming into the side and lifting us again.

Unfortunately we never seem to play very well when Fyvie and Bartley both play, and Bartley seems to have established himself as the first-choice defensive midfielder.

True.

For me Fyvie is a real winner aswell and we seem to look better organised and better balanced when he is in the side imo.

mcfly
01-04-2017, 07:35 PM

Utter rubbish.
Hibs will sell neither

Crowds are up 5000 on last year so how have we no money..

I'd expect big changes in personnel if we are to compete

scooby
01-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Lennon mentioned in an interview that due to his budget he had to work with the squad he had this year.
I think we'll see fairly major changes for next season, and I don't think he'll be precious about a good few of them.

thebakerboy
01-04-2017, 09:00 PM
utter rubbish.
Hibs will sell neither

crowds are up 5000 on last year so how have we no money..

I'd expect big changes in personnel if we are to compete

this

Jonnyboy
01-04-2017, 09:03 PM

Care to elaborate? IF Cummings and McGinn go they'll go for decent money. Are you suggesting that money would just disappear?

Jonnyboy
01-04-2017, 09:04 PM
No way I'd keep Shinnie, we need goals from midfield next season and Shinnie does not provide that. Not much in the way of assists either.

Neither do Bartley or McGeough - would you keep them, Ozy?

ancient hibee
01-04-2017, 09:06 PM
No they won't.

Lancs Harp
01-04-2017, 09:07 PM

A bit unfair Jonhny, Bartley and McGeough are completely different types of midfielders than Shinnie who clearly plays in a more advanced position. Not having a go at Shinnie who for me has neither been outstanding or inadequate, just parr for the course for me.

Jonnyboy
01-04-2017, 09:08 PM
A bit unfair Jonhny, Bartley and McGeough are completely different types of midfielders than Shinnie who clearly plays in a more advanced position. Not having a go at Shinnie who for me has neither been outstanding or inadequate, just parr for the course for me.

Fair point, well made but I'd like all of our midfielders to get a few goals in a season!

J-C
01-04-2017, 09:18 PM
I think Marciano is on record saying he'd like to stay, the rest I'd keep are Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, McGinn, McGeouch, Cummings and Boyle.( Laidlaw is ok as a back up )

I'd like to see more of Martin, I don't think he's had enough of a chance to really establish himself, promote Shaw to the main squad.

I know that looks like a lot of players needed but unfortunately quite a few have proved this season to not be consistent or good enough, especially if we want to improve for next season.

Michael
01-04-2017, 09:29 PM

If they leave we'll get loads of money for them as they have long contracts.

Stubbs proved that the right players are out there for any budget.

Highland_Hibee
02-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Shinnie has the most assists in league games for us.

MikeyS
02-04-2017, 09:18 AM

here you, don't let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned player bash! :wink:

bingo70
02-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Think the poster that said McGinn and Cummings will be away in the summer is right and the hard time he's got is pretty unfair.

They are good young players that are attracting interest and we've done well to keep them this long. Assuming we get promoted there's not much more they can achieve with hibs so I'd have absolutely no problem with them if they started to get itchy feet. If either were to have a bad season in the top division or get an injury then their values would drop dramatically so imo this would probably be the best time to sell them to achieve maximum transfer fees.

I know we could point to their contracts and make them stick to it but we all know that's rarely how football works, I also imagine there would have been conversations around us being fair to them if offers come in after we got promoted, that's obviously guess work though.

Tobias Funke
02-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Based on what?! Honking post based on nothing but pure conjecture.

Nicho87
02-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Last season I would have said we'd easily get top 6.

This season I think we didn't improve. To finish top 6 I think we easily need 3 new first team starters. Centre forward and a midfielder given Dylan is injury prone.

When was the last time hibs had a left winger, natural left winger. None of this right footed cutting in. O'Brien?

Ozyhibby
02-04-2017, 09:35 AM

I expected more from him though. I genuinely thought he would be better than he is. He should have the most assists as he is supposed to be the main creative player in the team. In his defence, Holt makes no runs at all so if he can't hit Cummings then there is nothing on.

SChibs
02-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Based on what?! Honking post based on nothing but pure conjecture.

I agree. I can see record crowds next year plus if we sell they 2 it will be for big money which means we will have money to spend.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2017, 09:39 AM

I'd keep McGeogh but I fear that Lennon won't. He has not been playing him even when fit and as he is at the top of our wage structure then I think he will move him on. There will be no shortage of clubs willing to gamble on his fitness.
Bartley is interesting. I think he is decent but prefer Fyvie. Lennon I think, thinks the opposite. Scott Martin is the spanner in the works there. If he is to make a break through then it has to be next season. Will we keep all three? I doubt it.

Tamhere1875
02-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Be a few players leaving in the summer and a few players coming in. Will the manager still be here ? Will we be able to hold on to LD? Speculation is a great thing when you get it right, but most times it's just people guessing and getting it totally wrong.

Highland_Hibee
02-04-2017, 09:45 AM
I expected more from him though. I genuinely thought he would be better than he is. He should have the most assists as he is supposed to be the main creative player in the team. In his defence, Holt makes no runs at all so if he can't hit Cummings then there is nothing on.

I agree with what you are saying there. When I saw him first against Morton I thought we have a real player on our hands. He went missing for a string of games but in his defence I think he really struggles to utilise his talents against teams in this division. His game is suited to high tempo end to end stuff. I fully expect him to be one of our better performers in the semi final.

ancient hibee
02-04-2017, 11:11 AM
I agree. I can see record crowds next year plus if we sell they 2 it will be for big money which means we will have money to spend.
Sure selling your top two players is the best way to attract record crowds.

SChibs
02-04-2017, 11:17 AM

You missed the point.

superfurryhibby
02-04-2017, 11:37 AM

On the balance of probability I suspect both will be gone. I would love to see us hold on to both, but we all know that the lure of the cash, which works both ways, will decide that. Having said that, we still will have a nucleus of very good players nd I would like to think that we will add quality and invest wisely.

I would love to see Marciano signed. What a difference having a competent keeper makes. Gray, Stevenson and McGregor should also be given new contracts, as should Fyvie. Boyle contributes enough to remain, not the complete article, but he's a determined player and offers something different ( he's also our best goalscoring threat from midfield).

Happy with Bartley and feel he deserves a crack at the SPL and hope and pray that McGeouch is able to continue. Despite all the nonsense about him, it is not about whether Lennon rates him or not, it is about managing his injury. No one else will take him, or at least on wages he would accept, so he is a Hibee for another season regardless.

Holt can go with his head held high. He has done his bit, but he's probably not able to offer enough next season. Graham hasn't been able to enough impact I hope we can do better. Forster will leave and I suspect Fontaine will also be off. Shinnie hasn't done enough for my liking and he can return to Birmingham. His wages would be better invested in a prospect, a Stevie Mallan type.

There will be changes. I believe we will have a stronger squad, albeit lacking the two starts we have now. There will be rebuilding and plenty of new faces, and probably one or two old ones making a return.

Sustaining our crowds will be a challenge, but we have the right people in charge and I'm confident that Lennon will make the right decisions and that the club will continue to go forwards.

ancient hibee
02-04-2017, 12:28 PM
You missed the point.
Which is?

superfurryhibby
02-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Which is?

They may wish to leave?

SChibs
02-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Which is?

Every team in Scotland is a selling club. It would be a bit silly not to renew a season ticket cause hibs sold Mcginn and Cummings. Was the year we got our record season tickets the summer after we sold brown, Whittaker etc...?

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2017, 07:11 AM
Plenty of players including the manager brought in to get us up and if they manage to complete that job they can move on and be fondly remembered.

edwards
03-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Would really like to keep most of the squad better for the team

Rocky might stay if he is guarenteed a first place

Ross Laidlaw his bloomer against falkirk to let them level then to let them score at the near post makes me wonder

Gallacher Could be his replacement

David Gray must keep

Lewis Stevenson I must admit he isn't a fav but does work hard, his crossing has slightly improved but feel Lennon will be looking for someone to fill this position

Laim Fontaine keep has been a pretty decent player who has formed a bond with Hanlon and Mcgregor

Hanlon again formed a partnership with Mcgregor

McGregor will be devestated if he goes a must keep

Jordan Forster a favourite of Lennon at the moment so think he will stay

Brian McLean still never see him so unsure but we may need him if any of our regular central defenders leave.

Dylan McGeough a talented player who I would keep and can change a game his injuries have hindered him but would like to keep

Marvin Bartley a fav of Lennon and feel he might stay as we may need him in bigger games once we get promotion

John Mcginn great talent but feel there will be several teams knocking on the door to get his signature won both trophies with st mirren and hibs so Celtic may come knocking and a regular chance to play in europe

Fraser fyvie seems to be in and out the team at the moment more out which makes me wonder if he may be on his way

Martin Boyle another player who has skill and speed think he is a keep just work on his composure.

Chris Humphreys ?????????? Has played in one game of note and helped us win it has really not set the heather on fire unsure

Andrew Shinnie has blown hot and cold and on his game can be a decent player a keep

James Keatings drives me to dispare every time he starts he appears to dissapear but can socre a decent goal unsure

Jason Cummings could be away and think he will be.

Grant Holt has worked tirelessly for us but takes a lot of stick he does find it hard lasting a whole game and feel he might want a final season in a lower league down south

Brian Graham another player who can score but his feet at times appear to not work with the rest of his body would keep

Effe Ambrose has played well but feel he will be off down south for the big pay day

Handling
Stanton
Insall
and Harris to be moved on.

Lennon has a lot of work to do at the end of the season to keep most of this squad together

Ozyhibby
03-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Would really like to keep most of the squad better for the team

Rocky might stay if he is guarenteed a first place

Ross Laidlaw his bloomer against falkirk to let them level then to let them score at the near post makes me wonder

Gallacher Could be his replacement

David Gray must keep

Lewis Stevenson I must admit he isn't a fav but does work hard, his crossing has slightly improved but feel Lennon will be looking for someone to fill this position

Laim Fontaine keep has been a pretty decent player who has formed a bond with Hanlon and Mcgregor

Hanlon again formed a partnership with Mcgregor

McGregor will be devestated if he goes a must keep

Jordan Forster a favourite of Lennon at the moment so think he will stay

Brian McLean still never see him so unsure but we may need him if any of our regular central defenders leave.

Dylan McGeough a talented player who I would keep and can change a game his injuries have hindered him but would like to keep

Marvin Bartley a fav of Lennon and feel he might stay as we may need him in bigger games once we get promotion

John Mcginn great talent but feel there will be several teams knocking on the door to get his signature won both trophies with st mirren and hibs so Celtic may come knocking and a regular chance to play in europe

Fraser fyvie seems to be in and out the team at the moment more out which makes me wonder if he may be on his way

Martin Boyle another player who has skill and speed think he is a keep just work on his composure.

Chris Humphreys ?????????? Has played in one game of note and helped us win it has really not set the heather on fire unsure

Andrew Shinnie has blown hot and cold and on his game can be a decent player a keep

James Keatings drives me to dispare every time he starts he appears to dissapear but can socre a decent goal unsure

Jason Cummings could be away and think he will be.

Grant Holt has worked tirelessly for us but takes a lot of stick he does find it hard lasting a whole game and feel he might want a final season in a lower league down south

Brian Graham another player who can score but his feet at times appear to not work with the rest of his body would keep

Effe Ambrose has played well but feel he will be off down south for the big pay day

Handling
Stanton
Insall
and Harris to be moved on.

Lennon has a lot of work to do at the end of the season to keep most of this squad together

I don't think Lennon will be trying to keep most of this squad together. It needs refreshed and needs goal scorers.

inglisavhibs
03-04-2017, 09:12 AM
They may wish to leave?
So Cummings signed a long contract because he wants to leave? On another note I would rather we waited till we had won the league before we discussed next season, it's pretty disrespectful to our players who are giving their all for the club.The player bashing that goes on does my brain in.

Highland_Hibee
03-04-2017, 10:49 AM
If we can't keep hold of Rocky next season what do folk think our goalkeeping options should be? Personally been an admirer of Scott Bain at Dundee for a while. Fairly young and athletic and an Edinburgh boy too. I get they just got gubbed 7-0 last time out but the highlights show it largely down to outfield incompetence.

JDHibs
03-04-2017, 11:34 AM
We will need a new no1, Laidlaw is a good back up. Whether we keep Rocky or sign someone else.

Defence is fine, not worried about it. Crane and Dunsmore should be capable cover for Gray and Stevenson. Mcgregor, Fonts, Hanlon and Forster are all good options. Full backs may not be the best attackers but they are usually very solid defensively.

Midfield and strikers need alot of work. None of our wide options are good enough, maybe bar Humphreys, but havent seen enough of him to decide. We need 1 creative force (Unless we keep shinnie) and 2 good wingers, left and right, with pace and a final product. Fyvie/Bartley/McGeouch/Martin should be kept. McGinn is a must keep.

We need a whole new strike force bar Cummings. Keatings/Boyle/Graham are not good enough for a team that should be pushing for top 4. Keatings doesnt do enough for me and was only going to be a squad player at Hearts, speaks volumes. Boyle has pace but very little composure, end product isnt great either. Dundee were happy for him to be left go. Not good enough. Graham hasnt shown me anything to suggest he would lead a line well consistantly. The fact hes behind Holt in the pecking order speaks volumes. Id keep Holt as hes a good back up, brings experience and presence. Im sure Graham has 1 year left on his contract which might save him as the other 3 are out of contract.

Providing we keep Rocky, the spine of our team should be Rocky, Hanlon, McGregor, McGinn & Cummings.

We need atleast 4 players to come in as starters (wide players, creative player & striker), with 2 or 3 needed as quality back up.

edwards
03-04-2017, 11:52 AM
So Cummings signed a long contract because he wants to leave? On another note I would rather we waited till we had won the league before we discussed next season, it's pretty disrespectful to our players who are giving their all for the club.The player bashing that goes on does my brain in.

Contracts aren,t worth the paper they are written on just bargaining tools to move on if they are a half decent player, don't get me wrong I would like him to stay for another season at least he has been our highest goalscorer and could do us a job in the premier.

thebakerboy
03-04-2017, 12:46 PM

I would hope that our player recruitment targets have been decided on depending on which league we end up in by now. This will also depend on where Neil Lennon is to be next season , but I think and hope it will be at ER. We certainly do not wish to be in the position we seem to have got into in the last few seasons scrabbling around for players at the last minute. I would hope our squad is settled by the time preseason starts with perhaps 1 or 2 waiting on other movement occurring . So if the club have already looked at this I dont see why us fans cannot do the same.

inglisavhibs
03-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Contracts aren,t worth the paper they are written on just bargaining tools to move on if they are a half decent player, don't get me wrong I would like him to stay for another season at least he has been our highest goalscorer and could do us a job in the premier. He could have decided not to sign and moved for a development fee. Both Cummings and McGinn are not quite ready for the step up they will both want in time. Both need to stay with Hibs for another year and stand out in the higher league ( not quite there yet). Then would be the tome for them to move.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2017, 01:06 PM
I would hope that our player recruitment targets have been decided on depending on which league we end up in by now. This will also depend on where Neil Lennon is to be next season , but I think and hope it will be at ER. We certainly do not wish to be in the position we seem to have got into in the last few seasons scrabbling around for players at the last minute. I would hope our squad is settled by the time preseason starts with perhaps 1 or 2 waiting on other movement occurring . So if the club have already looked at this I dont see why us fans cannot do the same.

If we go up, which we will, Lennon will 100% be at Hibs next season. The only way he won't be here us if he somehow manages to Hearts it and he gets the bullet. I think we'll already have a few players lined up and I'm quite excited given Lennons contacts and reputation.

IAmLee
03-04-2017, 03:17 PM
I'd like to retain Rocky and Shinnie if possible, I don't think Shinnie has hit the heights we, or he most likely, hoped he would but he is still top of the assists chart and Jason seems to play better when he's in the team. I think he would be better in the prem as well as hardly any teams from there will stick 10 men behind the ball. I'd maybe keep Holt on the proviso that he wasn't going to be first choice every week.

I think we need at least a left sided winger, a goal scoring midfielder, proper full back cover and at least two strikers who can find the net on a regular basis, we've been relying on Jason alone for far too long now. Would love to see us put in an offer for Moult from Motherwell, think he has one year left on his deal, scores all types of goals and is decent in the air as well which is something Lennon seems to want from at least one of the strikers in his starting two.

superfurryhibby
03-04-2017, 03:40 PM

No he signed a deal that ensured he got a considerable wage increase and guaranteed Hibs a transfer fee when the right offer comes in. Just in case you haven't noticed but this has been a trend at Hibs for at least ten years, hence why guys like Fletcher, Brown, Thomson, Murphy, O'Connor, Whittaker all signed long term contracts before disappearing for decent fees.

I think Cummings was well advised to stay, but I would doubt very much whether he will be a Hibs player next season.

Not seeing much player bashing on this thread, just normal speculation as to the future of players. Particularly relevant to the guys like Marciano, McLean, Galllagher, Holt, Shinnie, Forster, Gray, Stevenson, McGregor, Humphrey, Ambrose, etc whose contracts or loans expire at the end of the season

edwards
03-04-2017, 04:47 PM
I don't think Lennon will be trying to keep most of this squad together. It needs refreshed and needs goal scorers.

Agree but hopefully not drastic changes.

J-C
03-04-2017, 05:09 PM
He could have decided not to sign and moved for a development fee. Both Cummings and McGinn are not quite ready for the step up they will both want in time. Both need to stay with Hibs for another year and stand out in the higher league ( not quite there yet). Then would be the tome for them to move.

And what development fee would this be, Cummings signed for Hibs when he was 18, Hearts developed him and released him when he was 17, we signed him from Hutchy Vale.

ancient hibee
03-04-2017, 05:15 PM
We will need a new no1, Laidlaw is a good back up. Whether we keep Rocky or sign someone else.

Defence is fine, not worried about it. Crane and Dunsmore should be capable cover for Gray and Stevenson. Mcgregor, Fonts, Hanlon and Forster are all good options. Full backs may not be the best attackers but they are usually very solid defensively.

Midfield and strikers need alot of work. None of our wide options are good enough, maybe bar Humphreys, but havent seen enough of him to decide. We need 1 creative force (Unless we keep shinnie) and 2 good wingers, left and right, with pace and a final product. Fyvie/Bartley/McGeouch/Martin should be kept. McGinn is a must keep.

We need a whole new strike force bar Cummings. Keatings/Boyle/Graham are not good enough for a team that should be pushing for top 4. Keatings doesnt do enough for me and was only going to be a squad player at Hearts, speaks volumes. Boyle has pace but very little composure, end product isnt great either. Dundee were happy for him to be left go. Not good enough. Graham hasnt shown me anything to suggest he would lead a line well consistantly. The fact hes behind Holt in the pecking order speaks volumes. Id keep Holt as hes a good back up, brings experience and presence. Im sure Graham has 1 year left on his contract which might save him as the other 3 are out of contract.

Providing we keep Rocky, the spine of our team should be Rocky, Hanlon, McGregor, McGinn & Cummings.

We need atleast 4 players to come in as starters (wide players, creative player & striker), with 2 or 3 needed as quality back up.

This post is spot on.Hearts,particularly,and Rangers revamped their squads on promotion.They quickly realised that what gets you out of the Championship is not good enough for the Premiership and they cakewalked it unlike our efforts.

danhibees1875
03-04-2017, 11:11 PM
Maybe I've just fallen victim of liking what we have, but I'd be happy to see us get 3 new players and start the season with the following:

Rocky
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
NewCM Mcginn McGeoch
NewCF Cummings

Bench: Laidlaw Crane Fontaine Fyvie Boyle Keatings newCF

Martin dunsmore Shaw, and the other acadamy players.