PDA

View Full Version : NHC Who's Gonna Be Second? (Play-Offs)

Dashing Bob S
01-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Falkirk - looks like Houston will pull them into second slot and a play-off gubbing from the Premiership incumbents.

Morton - if they lose to St. Mirren it could set up a crisis of confidence, and they could fold badly at the business end of the season.

Dundee United - toast. No point in them even taking part in the play-offs.

SaulGoodman
01-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Probably us if you ask some folk :duck:

chrisski33
01-04-2017, 05:13 PM
us

Cardinal Hibernian
01-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Looking like Falkirk. Dundee United have lost 4 of their last 5 games. Morton have lost 2 of last 3 which hopefully by this time next week will be 3 of 4.

Pivotal game at Tannadice next week and if Falkirk avoid defeat then they will edge second place.

The run of form Dundee United are on I can genuinely see them binning their manager McKinnon before the start of next season.

Mikey
01-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Given the squeaky bums on here with our 9 point lead, I'd imagine Dundee United fans bottoms are even squeakier over their 8 point gap to QoS.

Lancs Harp
01-04-2017, 05:26 PM
I'd put my pound on Falkirk.

lucky
01-04-2017, 05:57 PM
I hope it's United that come second. They are the 6th biggest club in Scotland and we need the biggest clubs in the premiership

bingo70
01-04-2017, 06:05 PM
I'd like Dundee Utd to come up with hibs as they offer more to the top division in terms of crowds. They've also done a lot in terms of bringing through young players in recent years.

I think Morton are the best team out the other three and despite the last few minutes the other night I didn't think they were a bunch of hatchet men like some of the other sides.

Despite the above i think Falkirk are more streetwise and more likely to bully them into submission, like they did against us last season. IMO they will finish second and probably have a decent chance against whoever finishes second bottom as they'll have learned lessons from last year.

NAE NOOKIE
01-04-2017, 06:05 PM
I hope it's United that come second. They are the 6th biggest club in Scotland and we need the biggest clubs in the premiership

Me too, but it wont be. You cant see past Falkirk for this one, if nothing else their go to style of kicking, biting, scratching, time wasting and moaning is made for situations like this ... even if they don't end up second I can see them making the play off final ... their 2nd leg collapse last season was a real shocker, I doubt they would make the same mistake twice.

Waxy
01-04-2017, 06:24 PM
I 'd rather Dundee u came up too but they didnt shed any tears when they put us down in 98 so i dont care really. Only bothered about the Hibees.

lord bunberry
01-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Falkirk are the form team and will probably take second place, but I'd like to see Utd come up with us.

CMurdoch
01-04-2017, 06:34 PM
I 'd rather Dundee u came up too but they didnt shed any tears when they put us down in 98 so i dont care really. Only bothered about the Hibees.

Like Hibs and Rangers they will have to take their medicine, further rebuild in the close season and take a run at it next season when they will be the big team.

overdrive
02-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Morton are the better footballing side out of them. I think they will finish third as Houston seems to have his hatchet men on a roll. However, I think Morton should have enough for them and Dundee Utd over two legs a piece (although you would have said that about us last year).

Up until the end of the match the other night I wanted them to come up with us and they are my wife's local team so had respect for their fans not supporting the Bigots. Now I'm not bothered.

snooky
02-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Oh how I hate premature threads like these.
Tempting fate - been here before. :paranoid:

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Oh how I hate premature threads like these.
Tempting fate - been here before. :paranoid:

True......but I think it will be Morton :greengrin

mjhibby
02-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Looking like Falkirk. Dundee United have lost 4 of their last 5 games. Morton have lost 2 of last 3 which hopefully by this time next week will be 3 of 4.

Pivotal game at Tannadice next week and if Falkirk avoid defeat then they will edge second place.

The run of form Dundee United are on I can genuinely see them binning their manager McKinnon before the start of next season.

Most likely Falkirk. Was hoping it would be morton but after weds nonsense don't care if they get promoted.

heretoday
02-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Most likely Falkirk. Was hoping it would be morton but after weds nonsense don't care if they get promoted.

Falkirk deserve it for their determined efforts the last couple of years.

Onceinawhile
02-04-2017, 12:51 PM

If they hadn't put us down they'd have been down. What did you want them to do?

hfc rd
02-04-2017, 01:01 PM
I want Dundee Utd to come up with us. If not, then the 11th placed Premiership team to stay up. Falkirk and Morton can rot away in this league.

PatHead
02-04-2017, 01:04 PM
I hope Ross County and ICT come down. Can't be bothered with the away trip.

PatHead
02-04-2017, 01:05 PM

Probably Dundee United to come up but can't see it.

snooky
02-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Falkirk deserve it for their determined efforts the last couple of years.
To be fair to the Bairns, you can also throw in the fiasco with the SFA when the standard of their ground meant they couldn't go up despite (IIRC) their league position qualifying them either directly or through a play-off.

(Afterthought: I think Dundee got a reprieve as a result and weren't relegated?)

HibbyDave
02-04-2017, 10:16 PM
WHO Cares?

We just need to do our business correctly and get the **** out this crummy division (into another crummy division)!

frazeHFC
02-04-2017, 11:00 PM

Would be gutted if they both went down, buzzing for the highland days out. I think 2 from the Prem will go down this season though, with Morton going up.

shetlandhibee
02-04-2017, 11:20 PM
To be fair to the Bairns, you can also throw in the fiasco with the SFA when the standard of their ground meant they couldn't go up despite (IIRC) their league position qualifying them either directly or through a play-off.

(Afterthought: I think Dundee got a reprieve as a result and weren't relegated?)pretty sure it was aberdeen that got the repreive:agree:

California-Hibs
03-04-2017, 12:50 AM
I think Falkirk will be 2nd.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Morton have hit a bad run of form. I think they'll finish 4th and lose to Dundee United in play-off who will then lose to Falkirk.