PDA

View Full Version : Penalty

Monts
01-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Any insight whether it was the right call?

Seemed unsure on the radio.

Frogga
01-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Couldn't see from where I was. It looked quite close range but heard someone saying the Hibs player had his hands up...

H18 SFR
01-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Looked a pen on Pars TV although their commentary team didn't make a meal of it tbf.

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-04-2017, 04:26 PM
No chance, the ball was leathered into the box twice. Ref wasn't giving it then changed his mind for reasons only he knows!

Another shocking referee performance but sometimes we don't help ourselves!

TheMentalHibees
01-04-2017, 04:42 PM
No chance, the ball was leathered into the box twice. Ref wasn't giving it then changed his mind for reasons only he knows!

Another shocking referee performance but sometimes we don't help ourselves!

Looked like the linesman gave it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
01-04-2017, 06:25 PM
BBC Reporter at the time said it was a delayed penalty. Ball kicked, lino stays still, ref goes towards lino and queries. Lino thinks for a bit before heading to the corner and pointing.

If he's been convinced it was a pen, flag should be up immediately.

matty_f
01-04-2017, 06:29 PM
I thought Lewis was unlucky, not sure what he's meant to do when the ball is hit that close to him. Seen them given, but rarely agree with decisions like that.

greenlex
01-04-2017, 07:05 PM
We should have had one when Cummings was hauled to the ground late on. 100% should have been given. I find it incredible the linesman missed it. It wast even a shove but a long dragged out haul. I know David Gray agrees with me. :greengrin

Lago
01-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Believe it or not Willie Miller said it was debatable on his report for BBC.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Opposite end of the ground for me, so hard to tell. Heard roars from Dunfermline end, but ref waved play on. Then a few seconds later, he goes over to the assistant ref, who has his flagged raised, so definitely given by the assistant

Boyle89
01-04-2017, 07:31 PM
We should have had one when Cummings was hauled to the ground late on. 100% should have been given. I find it incredible the linesman missed it. It wast even a shove but a long dragged out haul. I know David Gray agrees with me. :greengrin
That one was shocking. Could see his jersey being pulled the whole time the ball was in the air.

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-04-2017, 08:15 PM
That one was shocking. Could see his jersey being pulled the whole time the ball was in the air.That was more of a penalty than the one the pars got.

Also strange that I don't remember a lino giving us a decision in our favour this season let alone making one at any time, yet this one today got involved and over-ruled the ref!

StevieCowan
01-04-2017, 08:18 PM
That was more of a penalty than the one the pars got.

Also strange that I don't remember a lino giving us a decision in our favour this season let alone making one at any time, yet this one today got involved and over-ruled the ref!

Pen V Ayr United in the cup

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Pen V Ayr United in the cupI just had a look and you're wrong bud - 55 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1UZOkoO1Kc

StevieCowan
01-04-2017, 08:46 PM
I just had a look and you're wrong bud - 55 seconds in.

You think the ref gave that?

StevieT
01-04-2017, 09:07 PM
I just had a look and you're wrong bud - 55 seconds in.

Take a look at the assistant. He ran straight to the corner flag which is his signal to the referee that he thinks it's a penalty

frazeHFC
01-04-2017, 09:33 PM
At the game it definitely looked like the ref wasn't going to give it, but then was influenced by the assistant in doing so. Was a handball but very harsh!

wookie70
01-04-2017, 10:52 PM
It was hit very hard but the ball travelled a good few yards before it hit Lewis' arm. I don't think he saw it until it hit him though. Happened very quickly and I think Daz was still on the ground after taking the first shot square on the head. The ref shut really have stopped play at that point for the head injury. Hard to tell if it was a pen from quite a way away but I think it will turn out to be one of those that you get them sometimes but not a stonewaller.

greenlex
01-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Just seen the penalty fior them Stevenson is a yard away from the boy who hit it. He couldn't do much about that. Very harsh!!!

wookie70
01-04-2017, 11:24 PM
Having watched it again Lennon was spot on and I was well out. Lewis was very close and whilst it probably did hit his arm and that arm was in an unnatural position I don't think it was a pen. If it was then the one we were denied against Falkirk the other week was far more of a penalty.

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-04-2017, 11:39 PM
You think the ref gave that?

Take a look at the assistant. He ran straight to the corner flag which is his signal to the referee that he thinks it's a penaltyFair do's. :aok:

lucky
01-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Just seem it again on Hibs tv, whilst Stevenson is a yard from the guy is hand is raised to face level. It's one of them your gutted if it goes against you but screaming for it happens in the other box.

LaMotta
02-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Having watched it again Lennon was spot on and I was well out. Lewis was very close and whilst it probably did hit his arm and that arm was in an unnatural position I don't think it was a pen. If it was then the one we were denied against Falkirk the other week was far more of a penalty.

The one against Falkirk the boys arm was by his side and it just hit him. Both decisions correct, just unlucky really for us.

tamig
02-04-2017, 10:00 AM
It was hit very hard but the ball travelled a good few yards before it hit Lewis' arm. I don't think he saw it until it hit him though. Happened very quickly and I think Daz was still on the ground after taking the first shot square on the head. The ref shut really have stopped play at that point for the head injury. Hard to tell if it was a pen from quite a way away but I think it will turn out to be one of those that you get them sometimes but not a stonewaller.
I can't believe the game wasn't stopped after McGregor was hit on the head.

JimBHibees
02-04-2017, 12:29 PM
The one against Falkirk the boys arm was by his side and it just hit him. Both decisions correct, just unlucky really for us.

The Falkirk player played a long ball with his arm last week certain pen this one was blasted at Lewis from a yard totally different. Yesterday's ones are very rarely given due to the proximity was a joke imo.

LaMotta
02-04-2017, 02:17 PM
The Falkirk player played a long ball with his arm last week certain pen this one was blasted at Lewis from a yard totally different. Yesterday's ones are very rarely given due to the proximity was a joke imo.

It is the arm position that matters though not the distance it has been kicked before it hits the arm.

500miles
02-04-2017, 02:41 PM
I can't believe the game wasn't stopped after McGregor was hit on the head.

This. By strict application of the law, Stevenson handles the ball when protecting his face. It's harsh, but as long as evenly applied, fair enough.

However, if we're applying the laws of the game, play should've been stopped when McGregor went down with a head knock.