PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Scottish Cup Final 1st Anniversary

The Pointer
01-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Whether we get into the final this year or not I would imagine many will want to celebrate last year's win on the weekend of 20th/21st May.

Does anyone know of anything being organised in Edinburgh or will we all be sitting in dark rooms the length and breadth of the land (and abroad) watching the dvd again, drink in hand, crying and screaming our nuts off while we hug strangers?

:gwa::flag:

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Maybe just me but celebrating the anniversary is not something I will be doing.As great as it was it's now in the past.I would rather celebrate future glories than have to live off the cup win forever. None of us will ever forget that day, that's enough for me.

SteveHFC
01-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Whether we get into the final this year or not I would imagine many will want to celebrate last year's win on the weekend of 20th/21st May.

Does anyone know of anything being organised in Edinburgh or will we all be sitting in dark rooms the length and breadth of the land (and abroad) watching the dvd again, drink in hand, crying and screaming our nuts off while we hug strangers?

I'll be at toryglen on the 21st of May this year :hyper

SChibs
01-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Maybe just me but celebrating the anniversary is not something I will be doing.As great as it was it's now in the past.I would rather celebrate future glories than have to live off the cup win forever. None of us will ever forget that day, that's enough for me.

That day was the greatest day of my life and to not celebrate the anniversary would be a travesty. I'll be down at the harp and castle for a few beverages to celebrate. Hopefully they play time for heroes. If this is a whoosh moment I apologize.

lord bunberry
01-04-2017, 11:38 AM
I get what you're saying, but I would be up for having an event to celebrate the first year anniversary. After that we should let it go and concentrate fully on the future. If we get to the final this year then we shouldn't have anything major.

SteveHFC
01-04-2017, 11:41 AM
I get what you're saying, but I would be up for having an event to celebrate the first year anniversary. After that we should let it go and concentrate fully on the future. If we get to the final this year then we shouldn't have anything major.

There will be a anniversary every year until the day I die :hyper

lord bunberry
01-04-2017, 11:47 AM
There will be a anniversary every year until the day I die :hyper
Me as well, but I don't think there should be organised events every year. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2017, 11:52 AM
That day was the greatest day of my life and to not celebrate the anniversary would be a travesty. I'll be down at the harp and castle for a few beverages to celebrate. Hopefully they play time for heroes. If this is a whoosh moment I apologize.

Not a whoosh moment mate just my own opinion.

Carheenlea
01-04-2017, 12:01 PM
I've not really stopped celebrating since 21st May. Think about it every day and will probably continue to do so long after the first anniversary.

:flag:

GreenLake
01-04-2017, 12:10 PM

I will be in Italy over that time and will be celebrating for sure. My celebrations have been almost daily for the last year.

If we make the final I will cut short my Italian journey and return to Hampden on the 27th of May for two in a row.

at last 61
01-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Hope you're holiday is shorter than expected

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
01-04-2017, 01:53 PM
I've put a reminder in my diary for that day.

Remember to go out and rip up the back lawn, swing from the washing line then goad the next door neighbour. :aok:

snooky
01-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Me as well, but I don't think there should be organised events every year. :greengrin

Especially if it clashes with our next cup win :wink:

TomTheHibbyBev
01-04-2017, 01:55 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leith's finest
01-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Party on hanlon hill at leith links?

Waxy
01-04-2017, 08:31 PM
We'll all be busy preparing for 2 in a row the next saturday.

brianmc
01-04-2017, 09:17 PM

Remember to go out and rip up the back lawn, swing from the washing line then goad the next door neighbour. :aok:

I genuinely laughed out loud at that 👍

*And unlucky for living next to a hun 😂

Itsnoteasy
01-04-2017, 10:36 PM

There is a ticketed event on at Hibs club 21st. Don't know how you get a ticket.

connerg
02-04-2017, 01:04 AM

One of the best replies ever.:top marksma man.

Tamhere1875
02-04-2017, 09:25 AM
There is a ticketed event on at Hibs club 21st. Don't know how you get a ticket.

The 4 In Hand supporters club are having a wee get together in the Hibs club on the 21st