PDA

View Full Version : Lennon Rips into the Press

ALF TUPPER
01-04-2017, 07:00 AM
Tried to copy and paste today's Daily Rantics transcript of Lennon's news conference yesterday. Its too big. If any tech-heads can find a way of putting the script up, please help.

He batters the press, gets tore into Duffy, his assistant, Morton bench, then.....chucks 'the Hun (rag) ' reporter out and tells him not to come back.
He is fizzin .

Larv-it !! 😁

Mr White
01-04-2017, 07:04 AM
Tried to copy and paste today's Daily Rantics transcript of Lennon's news conference yesterday. Its too big. If any tech-heads can find a way of putting the script up, please help.

He batters the press, gets tore into Duffy, his assistant, Morton bench, then.....chucks 'the Hun Rag' reporter out and tells him not to come back.
He is fizzin .

Larv-it !! 😁

Good. It's been a long time coming but I'm glad someone at hibs finally told those parasitic liars to do one.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Not seen it but he is clearly peed off with the anti Hibs bias on and off the park.

Go Lenny!

Hibeewilly
01-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Great to hear he is standing up for our Club. I really do think he gets Hibs now!!

hibbysam
01-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Good. It's been a long time coming but I'm glad someone at hibs finally told those parasitic liars to do one.

It was a sun journo that was told to bolt and not come back.

Just the DR to go now.

Fuzzywuzzy
01-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Press hate Lenny. Nailed it when he said that the press don't do their job properly. Am i right in thinking that Forster's had problems with that shoulder before?

Dalianwanda
01-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Brilliant stuff...DR has the cheek to call it a rant, was very well spelt out how & why he felt.

green day
01-04-2017, 07:27 AM

He batters the press, gets tore into Duffy, his assistant, Morton bench, then.....chucks 'the Hun (rag) ' reporter out and tells him not to come back.
He is fizzin .

Larv-it !! 😁

I watched the entire thing, and I find it hard to disagree with anything Lennon says. He is angry, and for some reason thats the main headline? Nobody appears to have done any analysis of the footage (except Lennon) to see what actually happened, and when.

I was out last night in a mixed crowd (me, a jambo, hun, celtic and leeds fan) and the problem is that all they see is Lennon ranting and assume its all his fault. Duffy, simply by the fact that the press are ignoring him, is assumed to be "in the right".

I put them straight, but the press have a lot to answer for (not just in this, but on the whole aftermath of the Cup Final last year) and its about time someone called them on it.

Ilovehibs
01-04-2017, 07:37 AM
I watched the entire thing, and I find it hard to disagree with anything Lennon says. He is angry, and for some reason thats the main headline? Nobody appears to have done any analysis of the footage (except Lennon) to see what actually happened, and when.

I was out last night in a mixed crowd (me, a jambo, hun, celtic and leeds fan) and the problem is that all they see is Lennon ranting and assume its all his fault. Duffy, simply by the fact that the press are ignoring him, is assumed to be "in the right".

I put them straight, but the press have a lot to answer for (not just in this, but on the whole aftermath of the Cup Final last year) and its about time someone called them on it.

You are spot on. Always annoyed me that no one from Hibs made a statement pointing out the clear untruths in the the press (and from Sevco) after the final.
Delighted that Lennon has the balls to speak his mind but sadly, as you say, it will just be reported in the rags that he is angry Lennon and will give them another excuse to have a pop at Hibs.

Santa Cruz
01-04-2017, 07:52 AM
As he enters the room, Lennon announces the club is video recording the briefing.

Q) IS THERE SOMETHING YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH?

“Yes, I’m unhappy with you, I’m unhappy with Jim’s comments after the game. I’m unhappy with the statement yesterday.

“Where do you want me to start? I’ll start with his comments after the game. I’ve got it here in front of me.

Q) WOULD YOU NOT HAVE REACTED THE SAME WAY IF A HIBS PLAYER HAD MADE A CHALLENGE ON A MORTON PLAYER...

“I would have walked away. I’ll tell you another thing. Not one of you has asked about the welfare of the player and not one of you has condemned the actions of their player after the Darren McGregor incident. Nobody asked me about Jordon. He was lying on the ground and their staff came over and confronted me. Confronting me. I remonstrated once with the player and the referee.

YOU USE THE PHRASE ‘I’M NOT GOING TO BACK DOWN’ - HE (DUFFY) DIDN’T BACK DOWN EITHER?

(SHOUTING): “Back down? He started it. What is he backing down from. My player has been halved. What is the Morton manager backing down from? What did I do. Tell me. You make it out to be me.

“And you, one of the first questions I was asked was ‘what did Jim say to you?’ What was my answer. You were there. What was my answer? I’ll tell you. I said: ‘It was too noisy, I didn’t hear what Jim said.’

“But you have quoted me saying: ‘he asked me for a square go’ when you knew it was a euphemism for the way he was behaving. And you used that as a headline when I had qualified it.

SO YOU DON’T WANT US TO QUOTE YOU ON FACE VALUE?

“Why didn’t you print that I didn’t hear what Jim said because it was too noisy? Why didn’t you print it? Why didn’t you print it?

“It was one of the first questions and one of the first answers. Why didn’t you print it? Why? (silence) Exactly!

LENNON TO CLUB EMPLOYEE: “Now switch the (video) tape off.

JD: ‘I’m not going to get involved in a public debate with the Hibs manager.’

NL: “Jim does nothing but get involved in public debates. He’s always on Sky Superscoreboard or whatever it is called and he has a column in your paper. Do you know why he doesn’t want to get into a public debate? Because he is wrong and he is trying to make light of a very serious incident.

“And I am not having it. And I am not having me dragged into it as if I am the protagonist all the time by people like you. I did not say he offered me a square go. It was a euphemism.

“You were all there. It was metaphorical. What was he doing then? Because after Oyenuga, or whatever his name is, halves my player and feigns a headbutt, by the time I’ve looked up he’s in my face - not protecting his players.

“Coming for me! And his assistant manager, who I want cited as well. If I’m up and the Morton manager is up then I want the Morton assistant manager up as well because he was the one trying to swing punches. Don’t f****** make me laugh.

REPORTER: You said next thing I have the Morton manager asking me for a square go?

NL: “Euphemistically! I qualified it earlier by saying I did not hear what Jim said because it was too noisy. “Did you print that? Did you print that? Did you print it, I’m asking you! No you didn’t.

“It was euphemistically speaking. I qualified it as well. But all I’m getting in the statement is Jim trying to defend himself and say I didn’t not offer him a square go.

“I’m not saying he did ask me for a square go, I’m saying his behaviour and body language was confrontational and he certainly wasn’t coming over for a chat and he certainly wasn’t coming over to defend his player.

REPORTER: You infer from Jim’s actions that he was looking for a square go?

NL: Yes. F****** print that then. Print what I said!

REPORTER: You misinterpreted the question to Jim about your reaction?

NL: “What reaction, and I will ask you again, what reaction? Standing on the touch line remonstrating with a player and the referee. None of you have gone to him or dug out the player.

“He has been an absolute disgrace the player and that has got lost in this Neil Lennon is at it again! You are not doing your f****** job.

“This is what is wrong with the game in this country, you want to make stories about things that are not important. The real important issue is a player who is badly injured by the way, which you don’t really care about cos it is not a story and doesn’t sell papers, and the same player feigning a injury to get my captain sent off.

“No, let’s make the headline about me. And now we have Chic Charnley in a paper today (The Sun) saying my pal would sort Lenny out. Brilliant, brilliant journalism. Brilliant. That’s what is wrong with the country.”

REPORTER: Jim has come out of this much worse than you?

NL: So he should! So he should! So he should! But I’m being dragged into it. It was wrong and if I had done it you would be f****** nailing me to the cross.

“The way I reacted? How was that? I was stood on the touch line and I told the player he was a disgrace and then did that to the referee (gestures), get him off. That does not warrant a manager running at me wanting a fight, or his assistant or his kitman or his first team coach.

REPORTER: Neil, that is why they have come out worst?

NL: Good. We will see what the beaks make of it. I didn’t see it. I saw the headlines about me. I see the punters in the street talking about me and saying Lennon is at it again. He brings it on himself, the usual s****.

“Jim has made a joke of it ‘maybe I should ask Lenny what it is like to go to the SFA’ Very funny! I don’t find it funny.

REPORTER: We have to report what is said?

NL: “Why don’t you then? Why don’t you? Because when you asked me what Jim said to you, I said it was too noisy. I didn’t see you print that. I didn’t see that.

REPORTER: “My conscience is clear” is what we printed.

NL: “I said it was too noisy and I couldn’t hear if Jim was saying anything or not. No one quoted me on that and not one of you quoted me on that.

REPORTER: Your problem is that Jim has seized on square go?

NL: “Yeah because you printed it. Jim has jumped on it because you stitched him up. You made him look stupid.

“His statement is petty and unnecessary, he didn’t need to put a statement out about what I said. If you printed Neil Lennon couldn’t hear what Jim Duffy had said then we wouldn’t be having this discussion but you didn’t.

“You had to get your story out there. You had to get the headline out there. That’s not what it is about. It is about their player behaving appallingly on the pitch and no one has dug him up about it yet, no one has asked him the question what happened between him and Darren McGregor or what happened with the tackle.

“I don’t see any quotes from the player apologising. I don’t see anyone from Morton apologising for the tackle or apologising.... Jim said it was reckless but I didn’t see Jim say anything about the player going down under a head butt when it was far from a head butt.

“If that was a Celtic or Rangers player, like big Kyle Lafferty years ago, then you would have been full of it. If it’s Neil Lennon, full of it.

“Don’t stand there or sit there and try to qualify what you have done. I have been nothing but professional with you guys, respectful and I warned you don’t make it out to be Big Bad Lenny and you have done it. You are taking f****** liberties.

LENNON TO ONE REPORTER (Robert Martin from The Sun): “I’m going to ask you politely to leave Robert and don’t come back.

“I’m looking forward to Jim’s column in the paper. That’s a conflict as well

“Are we done?”

REPORTER: How’s Jordon Forster?

“Well done... He might be out for three or four weeks with a grade two shoulder injury. Thankfully, there’s no leg injury, so he’s lucky.

“If his leg had been planted, he would have been looking at a lot more serious injury.

“He was lying on the ground while all them lot were running over, trampling past him, to get at me - not caring a jot about him.

“But I have to look after the welfare of my players, that’s my job, and it’s his career. It could have been a career-ending challenge.

REPORTER: Have you put in the appeal for Darren’s red card?

NL: “We’ve put in the appeal and Darren’s available for the game.

REPORTER: Have you spoken to Jim since?

NL: “No and I have no intention of it either, none whatsoever. Why should I?

“He’s coming at me for a fight, while I’m trying to do my job

“It was 20 times than me and Ally. That was a verbal spat.

“When people get involved and when they start jumping in between people they make it look a lot worse than what it is.

“That was bad on Wednesday night. The venom, the intent, the aggression was bad.

“You haven’t asked him (Oyenuga) a question, you haven’t interviewed him, you haven’t gone to him and got his take on it.

REPORTER: Would you let him near the press if he was your player?

NL: “He wouldn’t play for me again.

“I would come out and condemn that behaviour, not only for the tackle, but the disgraceful behaviour afterwards.

“He’s a coward.

REPORTER: He’ll probably be banned for the return match at Cappielow, is that the best thing if he doesn’t feature?

NL: “No comment. It’s irrelevant if he plays or not.

“I’ll probably be banned for it.

REPORTER: Does this give extra incentive to get the league done?

NL: “It doesn’t change my view on what I need to do.

REPORTER: Is the whole dressing room and club angered?

NL: “I’ve got my chairman, my chief executive and my directors all 120 per cent, if you can get 120 per cent, behind me

REPORTER: How fired up are the boys for tomorrow?

NL: “I don’t know, I’ve not spoken to them today. We’ll find out tomorrow at three o’clock.

“They don’t need fired up when we’re going for a title win.

:flag::flag::flag:

TrinityHibs
01-04-2017, 07:59 AM
sitting on the fence again. wish he would just come out and tell us what he really thinks

Callyballybe
01-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Lennon has got it spot on.

I normally prefer these things to be dealt with quietly and professionally i.e. how the club has dealt with the fall out from the pitch invasion last May. But the behaviour of the press, Duffy and the cheating Morton player have been terrible.

He's absolutely right when he says very little has been made of the Morton lad chopping down Forster and then falling over after 'feigning' a head-butt. How was this not been picked up more? All we can hope is that the SFA have a more objective view of the matter. There is clear video evidence (as I'm sure we've all seen by now) of how it all unfolded.

Similarly to one of the poster's above, I had a Saville at work mention it the next again morning. He was full of it. "Lennon the thug at it again" blah blah blah. Unfortunately I ended up 'biting' and showed him the sky sports clip, to show that actually it was the Morton player who has started it all. This was followed by "Ah, I've seen worse than that tackle" (Irrelevant) and "McGregor's brought his head down so it is a head butt - obviously the guy has made more of it, but it's still a head-butt." Brutal.

Unfortunately because Lennon has left his technical area (although completely justified in my view) he'll most likely get a touchline ban. I expect the same for Duffy. McGregor's red card should be absolutely recinded, horrific decision by a very bad referee.

I don't know exactly what can happen to the Morton player. But he should be banned for the horrendous challenge on Forster (which I'm sure he will be following the red card) but a further ban should be added for his cheating to get McGregor sent off. Which in total I'd say should add up to a ban of 5/6 games - effectively ending his season. Whether the SFA will actually do that or not remains to be seen (I'm not confident.)

If there was still any doubters amongst the Hibs faithful as to if Lennon is the right man for us, his emotion and dedication to his players on Wednesday should put this to bed. I was always happy with his appointment, but I've never been more proud to call him our manager as I was at the end of that game.

Pretty Boy
01-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Well said Neil.

The press have whipped up the anti Neil Lennon agenda for years and more than played their part in what the man has had to put up with in this country.

I've got misgivings about him as our manager but as a person he's a decent guy and absolutely should be fighting his corner against the pish these cretins have written and continue to write about him.

A rendition of 'one Neil Lennon' should ring out at East End Park.

ALF TUPPER
01-04-2017, 08:09 AM
Santa Cruz .... Well done. 👍 😁

Santa Cruz
01-04-2017, 08:10 AM

Cheers, was a bit tricky.

leithsansiro
01-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Hard to disagree with anything he says there. Comments about the media just trying to sell papers by being controversial are spot on. Bits about conflicts of interest are spot on.

Interesting about him saying the Morton diver would never play for him again if he was one of their players. Absolutely right, total coward. He can expect a warm response if he ever sets foot in Easter Road again.

I think the main message here is that NL will protect his players so the subtext should be that the players should be willing to go the extra mile for him and the club.

high bee
01-04-2017, 08:17 AM
Spot on by Neil. Hopefully he keeps kicking the journalists out. That's what Sevco do and look at how the media protect them now. I'm not saying I want protection, just fair reporting, but we get made the scapegoat every time.

Pre-cup final we have our media using the term 'Hibs it.'

Then we invade the pitch and a few rogues misbehave and it's described as a war scene caused by Hibs, moves are made to try and force us out of Europe and disguise the Sevco failure. We even get blamed for crossing the half way line, can't wait to see the English play offs this year and how the fans stick to their own half during a pitch invasion.

Now we come to Wednesday, a disgraceful deliberate attempt to injure a fellow professional then the opposition manager charges into our technical area, then their player fakes an assault and all that gets reported is that it's Lennons fault.

If this was any other league they would slate the Morton player for his behaviour and call Duffy out as the antagoniser. Never mind that Falkirk admitted deliberately setting out to injure a player last week.

.Sean.
01-04-2017, 08:20 AM
That interview is phenomenal. Someone's been needing to batter the press from the gutter rags like that for years and he's gave them it both barrels and then some. Well in Lennon :agree:

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Spot on by Neil. Hopefully he keeps kicking the journalists out. That's what Sevco do and look at how the media protect them now. I'm not saying I want protection, just fair reporting, but we get made the scapegoat every time.

Pre-cup final we have our media using the term 'Hibs it.'

Then we invade the pitch and a few rogues misbehave and it's described as a war scene caused by Hibs, moves are made to try and force us out of Europe and disguise the Sevco failure. We even get blamed for crossing the half way line, can't wait to see the English play offs this year and how the fans stick to their own half during a pitch invasion.

Now we come to Wednesday, a disgraceful deliberate attempt to injure a fellow professional then the opposition manager charges into our technical area, then their player fakes an assault and all that gets reported is that it's Lennons fault.

If this was any other league they would slate the Morton player for his behaviour and call Duffy out as the antagoniser. Never mind that Falkirk admitted deliberately setting out to injure a player last week.Absolutely and unfortunately the ones that are actually trying to play the game in the correct manner suffer!

johnbc70
01-04-2017, 08:24 AM
Well said Neil.

The press have whipped up the anti Neil Lennon agenda for years and more than played their part in what the man has had to put up with in this country.

I've got misgivings about him as our manager but as a person he's a decent guy and absolutely should be fighting his corner against the pish these cretins have written and continue to write about him.

Agree 100% with this - especially singing support for NL. About time we had someone at this club willing to stand up to these types of things.

mjhibby
01-04-2017, 08:28 AM
Well said Neil.

For those of you who are not familiar with what Neil Lennon has had to put up with in his lifetime please go and look it up. How he has been treated by the press especially has been scandalous and a stain on this country. I think there is a lot of pent up frustration coming out but everything he said is correct. Even Barry Ferguson in the record called what happened after the game passion and that people in this country are permanently hysterical. Managers in England have done ten times worse without this distortion and sensationalism. Just look up Neil Warnock bust ups to see what I mean. I hope now he has got it off his chest we can let the sfa deal with it and take the necessary action. This is not about what Neil Lennon did but the shocking challenge on Forster,the disgusting feigning of Injury to get daz sent off and the Morton bench coming over to the hibs bench which are clearly seen on the TV. If it ends up being about out manager the press will have won the day. No wonder he's fuming.rant over.

Chip shop Joe
01-04-2017, 08:29 AM
I do like Lennon but to me this is a bit of a rant. Yes the tackle was bad but so was Neil Taylor's against Ireland. I didn't see Martin O''neill (also a "passionate" manager come on to the pitch.

Granted it was right on the touch line and right in front of him but he should not have come on to the pitch.

Duffy is clearly well out of order but Lennon keeps coming back and back and whilst this might be passion it is also called losing the plot!

He really should have drawn a light under the incident with this press conference. It is now in the past etc, no further comment etc.

It will all be sorted out in due course and people will be banned but keeping it in the press does not do us any good imho. It is an unwanted distraction at a very important time of the season.

Whether it is an anti Lennon agenda or not his rants sell papers and that is why he is focused on and he really should know that. Cathro is clueless and comes out with total crap but the press have no interest in him as he is boring and does not sell papers.

we are hibs
01-04-2017, 08:29 AM
He needs to reign it in a bit. I get where he's coming from and agree with him but we have a game today, and he's still going on about Wednesday night.

BroxburnHibee
01-04-2017, 08:32 AM
About ******* time someone at Hibs told this shower of cretins where to go.

If the roles had been reversed and Lennon had done what Duffy did it would have been national news and a witch hunt till he'd been banned forever.

He deserves a ban for his reaction but what Duffy and his staff and players did was far worse. I bet the outcome won't reflect that though.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Cheers for posting that Santa Cruz.

Brilliant statement from Lennon - I've been moaning for years that we never complain publically.

wookie70
01-04-2017, 08:33 AM
I have only read the transcript not watched so I'm not sure of the way the words were said. I think it is an interview to mainly defend himself not Hibs but he does speak very well about Jordon and Marv. I wish he had got the stats guys to do a summary of how many fouls against bookings we have had this year as making refs think about that would help us but he was a bit muddled when he talked about that. Hopefully, he returns to it to show how harshly treated we are by referees.

He is absolutely entitled to defend himself given the press are attacking him and not really reporting the whole story. No idea where he was going with the euphemistically speaking bit. To me that is him saying that he was toning down the "wanted a square go" and it was actually something worse that was said. That doesn't square with him not being able to hear what was said. He is right that they were trying to get a story by not printing he said he never heard anything but it he had just stuck to that he wouldn't have given them the hook they needed. For someone so experienced in the ways of the press that wasn't very bright. He should have just stuck with I couldn't hear what was being said but Duffy was coming towards me in an aggressive manner and I wasn't willing to back down. Easy with hindsight though. The problem was that when Duffy stopped Lennon was running round in an aggressive manner looking to get Duffy.

I don't have too much of a problem with the way he behaved as it was completely fuelled by the Morton invasion of our technical area. I would rather he had stood his ground though and not looked like he was wanting to get involved in a fight. Not a biggy though as it was a very heated situation and he was being severely provoked. His initial reaction was absolutely spot on in defending Jordon and making sure the ref knew his thoughts. It would have ended there if it wasn't for Duffy and the rest of the Morton bench.

My biggest worry is if this affair has harmed our preparation for today's game. A game against a team that looked far better, hungrier and more organised than us in the last game and a game against one of the lesser teams. Those types of games have been a problem most of the year and even more so since Lennon called the players out after the Raith game. I was delighted to hear him mention Bartley as that situation needs looked at with a view to him being singled out by referees. I was also delighted he turfed the "journalist" from The Sun, something all football clubs should do. I liked the way he called out journalists for not doing their jobs too.

Brightside
01-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Good on him. :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-04-2017, 08:39 AM
He needs to reign it in a bit. I get where he's coming from and agree with him but we have a game today, and he's still going on about Wednesday night.

Such is his anger about it mate, he is clearly pissed off at stupid jurnos making out it was all his fault, and he is spot on that not one of these stupid papers said anything about the player that started all the mayhem, not one.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-04-2017, 08:45 AM
I dont think the tv footage shows the initi foul very well either.

Because its such a high angle, you cant really see how high the player caught Forster - from what i remembet (admittedly sitting miles away in the east) that was what made it so bad.

But thay doesnt come across on the footage.

Lenny did overeact, but i dont mind that given the provocation. I back him 100%.

Also, is the journo that he asked to leave the guy that ghost writes duffys column?

Be interested to hear the take from some of our resident insiders / journos?

Bishop Hibee
01-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Telling it how it is. Tin hat on though regarding the shouting and swearing. That's fuel to the fire for the press and those that already have it in for him. Regarding the false headline, Cathro said something similar when comparing our media to that of Spain where they are more interested in tactics etc. Lennon's most important footballing point is where he talks about the number of fouls committed against us. Refs in Scotland are far too lenient. They need to take a look at European leagues where skilful players are protected.

The SFA will hammer Lennon and not rescind the red card for McGregor.

FranckSuzy
01-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Good on him. :wink:

:thumbsup:

yonder1875
01-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Well said Neil.

Let's get it done, show some support for our manager who is showing his support for himself, our players and our club.

Carheenlea
01-04-2017, 08:55 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/13zwshj.jpg

jeffers
01-04-2017, 08:56 AM
Is there anywhere to watch the video of this ? Fwiw I couldn't work out on Wednesday why he was so enraged and my initial reaction was that was the Neil Lennon I couldn't stand as a player and manager at Celtic. However everything he says is spot on and good for him. As others have said about time we as a club stood up to all the crap repoerted in the Glasgow media.

Smartie
01-04-2017, 08:56 AM

I think this is the very point Lennon is trying to make.

Twiglet
01-04-2017, 09:02 AM

I like Tom English. He's been very critical of Hibs in the past, but it was spot on most of the time (it's never nice to hear yur club get criticised but when I looked back he was right most of the time). He's also praised us when good has been done. One of the few people at BBC Scotland I have respect for.

Robinho08
01-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Watched the video, and respect Lennon even more now.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-04-2017, 09:08 AM
I like Tom English. He's been very critical of Hibs in the past, but it was spot on most of the time (it's never nice to hear yur club get criticised but when I looked back he was right most of the time). He's also praised us when good has been done. One of the few people at BBC Scotland I have respect for.

Agree, one of the fee worth listening to. He has kinda replaced Spiers or bob crampsey in that role.

jeffers
01-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Watched the video, and respect Lennon even more now.

Can you post a link please ?

Robinho08
01-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Is there anywhere to watch the video of this ? Fwiw I couldn't work out on Wednesday why he was so enraged and my initial reaction was that was the Neil Lennon I couldn't stand as a player and manager at Celtic. However everything he says is spot on and good for him. As others have said about time we as a club stood up to all the crap repoerted in the Glasgow media.

See this:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/watch-neil-lennon-gives-one-entertainingly-tense-press-conferences-recent-memory-119578?utm_content=bufferfc3f3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

green day
01-04-2017, 09:15 AM
See this:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/watch-neil-lennon-gives-one-entertainingly-tense-press-conferences-recent-memory-119578?utm_content=bufferfc3f3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Thats the one in the immediate aftermath. The one last night was a lot of fun, but I cant find a link.

jeffers
01-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Thats the one in the immediate aftermath. The one last night was a lot of fun, but I cant find a link.

Yeah I've seen that too but can't find a link anywhere to last night's one either.

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2017, 09:19 AM
after the daily rangers campaign against anything hibernian after last years cup win i would love to see THEM banned from ER :agree:

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Yeah I've seen that too but can't find a link anywhere to last night's one either.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1384515-lennon-morton-bust-up-20-times-worse-than-mccoist/

DavieRoy
01-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Lennon seems raging with the press.

I watched him on Sky and STV and he was raging to but seemed better with the broadcast.

No wonder, on Sky on Wednesday, he said he thought Duffy was looking for a square go when coming towards him, not that he asked for one, Sky reported that but the press said he asked for one. He did say he said to the papers, he was asking for a square go, it doesn't mean Duffy said it, squaring up to somebody is effectively 'asking' for a square go.

Sky and STV couldn't twist it, the paper did.

ALF TUPPER
01-04-2017, 09:25 AM
after the daily rangers campaign against anything hibernian after last years cup win i would love to see THEM banned from ER :agree:

Me too. Dislike both rags. Was why I didn't want to put up a link to them.
Wish the board would ban them from ER.

Fans reps raise this ?? 😁

jeffers
01-04-2017, 09:26 AM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1384515-lennon-morton-bust-up-20-times-worse-than-mccoist/

Cheers Billy. Is there one of the interview that the Daily Record have just printed ?

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Cheers Billy. Is there one of the interview that the Daily Record have just printed ?

It's on the DR a website, won't post a link, but have a look

DavieRoy
01-04-2017, 09:29 AM
I don't think bans work.

Lennon berated them and used them to get the messsge out. He was great on STV and Sky.

Give them less access though. One thing we don't want is watered down club TV interviews.

We can slag Sky and BT for the money they pay but they pay, the papers don't. The access should be relative to investment.

ALF TUPPER
01-04-2017, 09:31 AM
We are the Hibees.We don't do "backing down".

bingo70
01-04-2017, 09:33 AM

Because its such a high angle, you cant really see how high the player caught Forster - from what i remembet (admittedly sitting miles away in the east) that was what made it so bad.

Lenny did overeact, but i dont mind that given the provocation. I back him 100%.

Also, is the journo that he asked to leave the guy that ghost writes duffys column?

I said the same thing to a boy at my work who was saying the foul wasn't that bad.

I thought it was because at the game you could see the intent more, it was clearly an attempt to hurt Forster, I don't think the tv really catches that.

It might also be to do with the angle of the camera, I hadn't thought of that.

Bostonhibby
01-04-2017, 09:34 AM
I'd met him through a mutual friend before he came to Hibs and was impressed by the guy then and I haven't changed my mind since, this is the sort of stuff that needs to be said and I am happy that he's done it the way he has. Something we've been missing for a while, we have been a soft touch for too long.

jeffers
01-04-2017, 09:35 AM
It's on the DR a website, won't post a link, but have a look

Cheers I found the article, just it suggests there is a video recording of it, was wondering if there was a way to watch that. Reading the asrticle it again it states the club were doing the video so possibly it will go up pn Hibs TV.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Cheers I found the article, just it suggests there is a video recording of it, was wondering if there was a way to watch that. Reading the asrticle it again it states the club were doing the video so possibly it will go up pn Hibs TV.

I can't find the video either, just the words

Bostonhibby
01-04-2017, 09:36 AM

Spot on, says it all really.

snooky
01-04-2017, 09:48 AM
That interview is phenomenal. Someone's been needing to batter the press from the gutter rags like that for years and he's gave them it both barrels and then some. Well in Lennon :agree:

This 100%.
The press have no morals whatsoever in sport or any other news coverage. Liars one and all.
I hope they all go down the tubes.

Argylehibby
01-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Only thing Lennon could have added to his statement was to say look at the tv footage which concentrates on him and follows him rather than cover any other aspect. Why do you think that is?

WhileTheChief..
01-04-2017, 09:53 AM
Chris Sutton called it right last night on BT sport. He was 100% behind Lennon saying it was all down to Duffy and that Lennon did nothing wrong.

ancient hibee
01-04-2017, 09:55 AM
There are so many on here that don't understand football.Lennon has done brilliantly.First in 24 hours he has the press changing their tune that Macgregor appeared to head butt a Morton player to calling him out for feigning injury(in Tom English's case just calling him a cheat).Second he has taken all the pressure off the players and put it all on himself.Third he has shown the players,the board and us that he just will not put up with the crap that Hibs have put up with for years.

Good on him.

Just Jimmy
01-04-2017, 10:02 AM
There are so many on here that don't understand football.Lennon has done brilliantly.First in 24 hours he has the press changing their tune that Macgregor appeared to head butt a Morton player to calling him out for feigning injury(in Tom English's case just calling him a cheat).Second he has taken all the pressure off the players and put it all on himself.Third he has shown the players,the board and us that he just will not put up with the crap that Hibs have put up with for years.

Good on him.
And he's taken the shine off the fact that hibs were rotten on Wednesday. Which is a good thing.

I think we'll smash dunfermline today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
01-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Thanks to Santa Cruz for the verbatim report on Lennon's interview.

I read a press article this morning which basically said that he was still ranting about Wednesday and that annoyed me. I wanted to hear that Lennon was much calmer whilst still making the same points, rather than offering the media another chance to portray him as short tempered.

Actually reading his words puts a very different perspective on the cause of yesterday's anger, which is because of how it was reported by the media present at yesterday's interview rather than the incident itself.

Cosmic Truth
01-04-2017, 10:15 AM

What I thought made it so bad for me was how late the challenge was. The Morton player wasn't even remotely close to getting the ball. It should have been a straight red card right away, no messing.

Kato
01-04-2017, 10:15 AM
This is one of the reasons Hibs brought Lennon in, we've been a soft touch ad far as the rags are concerned for years. Next up referees, who allow foul after foul from the opposition then book our players for their first. So glad he's doing this. Even some on here are so wrapped up in the deflection of the press towards Lennon that's all they can see.

Pretty Boy
01-04-2017, 10:26 AM

Once again Tom English is the voice in the press who gets it bang on.

The Green Goblin
01-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Eyrie, you must see the irony in your post. This whole issue is about the attitude of the press, but you have automatically believed a press report today which claims that Lennon is still "ranting" about it. Surely that is Lennon's point, that guys like those red top "writers" go for the headlines and use misleading words in stories. Not taking them at face value is the least we can do to start with. Admittedly, I don't know which report you read, but I still think my point is valid.

emerald green
01-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Any comment from Oyenuga on his attack on Forster? Anything remotely like an apology? Asking how he's doing? I hear Forster could be out injured again for four weeks (not confirmed BTW).

I wouldn't expect so. He's a coward.

shetlandhibee
01-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Telling it how it is. Tin hat on though regarding the shouting and swearing. That's fuel to the fire for the press and those that already have it in for him. Regarding the false headline, Cathro said something similar when comparing our media to that of Spain where they are more interested in tactics etc. Lennon's most important footballing point is where he talks about the number of fouls committed against us. Refs in Scotland are far too lenient. They need to take a look at European leagues where skilful players are protected.

The SFA will hammer Lennon and not rescind the red card for McGregor.hes putting defence fprward before the witch hunt at SFA and quite rightly pointing out to the press how they have fueled duffys response to what happened, hes no mug lenny. if he gets more of a ban than duff and co! the SFA will look stupid... lenny IMo lenny 2 game ban duff and co! 4 to 6 game bans, darren mcgregor red card recinded.! imo that goes without saying:agree:

emerald green
01-04-2017, 10:58 AM
My guess is it doesn't matter what Neil Lennon says in his own and Darren McGregor's defence, they will both gets bans.

I'd fully expect Duffy & Oyenuga to get bans too. They were the instigators. There's no doubt about that.

How long each of the four will get, who knows?

It's the way the people who run our game think, or to be more accurate, how they don't think.

Phil MaGlass
01-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Now, all I would like to see, is our club coming out with a statement backing Lennon and hammering the press and referees in this country.

Big90inOz
01-04-2017, 11:19 AM
The quicker we ban both the sun and the record reporters the better, at least then everyone would know the sh*t they report is false.

shetlandhibee
01-04-2017, 11:19 AM
My guess is it doesn't matter what Neil Lennon says in his own and Darren McGregor's defence, they will both gets bans.

I'd fully expect Duffy & Oyenuga to get bans too. They were the instigators. There's no doubt about that.

How long each of the four will get, who knows?

It's the way the people who run our game think, or to be more accurate, how they don't think.doesnt matter what he says? wow got to strongly disagree with you there, you think if he never said another word on the matter and the last person to speak publicly about it would be jim duffy, with the press jumping on everything like a shark feeding frenzy painting him as the villain! he quite rightly highlighted no press had centered on the tackle or cheating either. sure hes goingto get some sort(unjustifliably)ban, but duff and co.s has to be 3 times worse! very well said lenny:top marksmcgregors red card ? IMO has to be resinded , as lenny would say C,MON

Seveno
01-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Good on him.

Good summation. I am 100% behind Neil Lennon.

Captain Trips
01-04-2017, 11:20 AM
The only disgraceful and embarrassing people in all this are.

The Morton No9
The Morton Manager
The Morton Assistant
The Newspapers pathetic angle and slant on it all.

A disgrace the lot of ye.

shetlandhibee
01-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Now, all I would like to see, is our club coming out with a statement backing Lennon and hammering the press and referees in this country.that would be :top marks:agree:

Kato
01-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Off The Ball starts with the story saying its a great laugh and no one was injured. Petty and ill informed.

Jack
01-04-2017, 11:28 AM

Opposition player cripples one player and gets another sent off so both are likely to be unavailable when we meet in the next game. Morton manager then starts a rammy knowing NL will react and get all the heat.

I wonder what orders this substitute was given by the morton manager before he came on?

Bishop Hibee
01-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Off The Ball starts with the story saying its a great laugh and no one was injured. Petty and ill informed.

Heard that while driving. I actually thought the comments from 2 relatively neutral guys was ok apart from missing the fact Forster is out for 4 weeks. They both had a go at Oyenuga as the real villain of the piece followed by Duffy.

Jack Hackett
01-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Lennon seems raging with the press.

I watched him on Sky and STV and he was raging to but seemed better with the broadcast.

No wonder, on Sky on Wednesday, he said he thought Duffy was looking for a square go when coming towards him, not that he asked for one, Sky reported that but the press said he asked for one. He did say he said to the papers, he was asking for a square go, it doesn't mean Duffy said it, squaring up to somebody is effectively 'asking' for a square go.

Sky and STV couldn't twist it, the paper did.

Exactly right. The reporter asked a question as to what Neil thought when he saw Duffy coming at him, and he answered that it looked to him that he was looking for a square go. At no point did he claim that Duffy actually asked for one.

Time to start shutting the door on these sensationalist rags

...100% behind our manager :flag:

green day
01-04-2017, 11:38 AM
I wonder what orders this substitute was given by the morton manager before he came on?

Wondered that myself this morning then discounted it as drink related paranoia (I was out with Rob and some others last night - Golden Rule and The Guru, was like going back in time 😁😁)

Joe6-2
01-04-2017, 11:47 AM

Yeah, well done!👍
Lennon spot on, long, long overdue, that the lying, twisted Glasgow press were held to account! Tho as already said, it's reported as a rant!

scooby
01-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Neil Lennon is spot on.
The press aren't interested in printing the facts, they will twist anything to create a sensational headline. Simple answer is don't buy newspapers, if you don't want to be fed s*** don't eat it.

Eyrie
01-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Eyrie, you must see the irony in your post. This whole issue is about the attitude of the press, but you have automatically believed a press report today which claims that Lennon is still "ranting" about it. Surely that is Lennon's point, that guys like those red top "writers" go for the headlines and use misleading words in stories. Not taking them at face value is the least we can do to start with. Admittedly, I don't know which report you read, but I still think my point is valid.

I'm aware that "assume nothing, question everything" is a good approach to take to news reports in today's climate, and had the story been in the Record, Mail or Sun I'd have dismissed it. Instead it was in the Scotsman, which irritates me as I do regard that as being less sensationalist than other media.

The Scotsman report was the only information that I had at the time to base an opinion on regarding yesterday's press conference. In the absence of any other information, it chimed with my view that Lennon can be a hot head, as borne out by his attempt to square up to Duffy even after being escorted away by Fyvie and Marciano.

I was able to revise that opinion based on Santa Cruz's transcript. Unfortunately many won't read or hear what was actually said and so will come to the same inaccurate conclusion I reached over breakfast.

hhibs
01-04-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm aware that "assume nothing, question everything" is a good approach to take to news reports in today's climate, and had the story been in the Record, Mail or Sun I'd have dismissed it. Instead it was in the Scotsman, which irritates me as I do regard that as being less sensationalist than other media.

The Scotsman report was the only information that I had at the time to base an opinion on regarding yesterday's press conference. In the absence of any other information, it chimed with my view that Lennon can be a hot head, as borne out by his attempt to square up to Duffy even after being escorted away by Fyvie and Marciano.

I was able to revise that opinion based on Santa Cruz's transcript. Unfortunately many won't read or hear what was actually said and so will come to the same inaccurate conclusion I reached over breakfast.

THe "scotsman" not sensationalist,aye right.
A disgraceful rag which like so many is justifiably tanking its circulation.
Give me strength !!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2017, 12:47 PM
I know it is an easy comment for me to make when it is outside the heat of the moment but essentially Lenny is making the point that the papers print stories but not necessarily the truth and often not the truth at all. That won't change. No matter what he says.

Kato
01-04-2017, 12:49 PM
THe "scotsman" not sensationalist,aye right.
A disgraceful rag which like so many is justifiably tanking its circulation.
Give me strength !!

Their sensationalism is tempered by a sneaky insidiousness. The greatest fall from grace of any of the broadsheets.

lyonhibs
01-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Thing is, he didn't just stand on the touchline, he clearly entered the field of play, which is a big no no.

Agree that Baldy Duffy and the Morton boy have got off easy though

Waxy
01-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Can see Dim Juffy as the next jambos manager.

greenlex
01-04-2017, 12:56 PM
I don't know how anyone can say the latest press conference was not or indeed was a rant from the transcript. No one unless they were there or seen the video can possibly know how it was delivered. It might have been a rant or it could have been deliberate and to the point.

AgentDaleCooper
01-04-2017, 01:02 PM
I know it is an easy comment for me to make when it is outside the heat of the moment but essentially Lenny is making the point that the papers print stories but not necessarily the truth and often not the truth at all. That won't change. No matter what he says.

So you don't think they should be held accountable? Hats off to lennon for standing up to them IMO. absolute parasites.

GreenLake
01-04-2017, 01:06 PM
I saw about 5 or 6 punches thrown in that transcript.

AgentDaleCooper
01-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Thing is, he didn't just stand on the touchline, he clearly entered the field of play, which is a big no no.

He entered the field of play AFTER half the morton bench accosted him though, did he not?

Fuzzywuzzy
01-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Chick young being a knob on sportsound, sticking up for the Morton bemch

snooky
01-04-2017, 01:16 PM

Thank god for that. I never want that dingdongend on our side - ever!

Fuzzywuzzy
01-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Even biscuits is defending lenny

Lago
01-04-2017, 01:19 PM

Yes he was in the field of play but only just, hardly at the centre circle, feet from the touch line.

Is It On....
01-04-2017, 01:19 PM

And Alan Preston sticking up for Hibs...strange world.

Lago
01-04-2017, 01:20 PM
Even biscuits is defending lenny
You know he is usually pretty even handed where Hibs are concerned as long as Jambos are not the opposition.

Is It On....
01-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Preston just saying the the Morton player should be banned for both the tackle and the feigning of the headbutt..

hhibs
01-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Their sensationalism is tempered by a sneaky insidiousness. The greatest fall from grace of any of the broadsheets.

:top marks

Bostonhibby
01-04-2017, 01:23 PM

Good I really don't want anyone / thing called Chick being aligned with us on anything.

alhibby
01-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Chick Yound is unbelievable, cant understand why he would say that, everyone on Sportsound says Morton bench inc Duffy at fault, but Chico doesnt think so??

Dunbar Hibee
01-04-2017, 01:28 PM
I've only just caught up with all this - **** me, I love this man.

Is It On....
01-04-2017, 01:28 PM
Chick Yound is unbelievable, cant understand why he would say that, everyone on Sportsound says Morton bench inc Duffy at fault, but Chico doesnt think so??

Apparently he watched it 6 times but just had to be corrected about the 4th official...what a useless idiot.

Captain Trips
01-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Chic Young, do folk still listen to him?

Kato
01-04-2017, 01:30 PM

He's talking like he's an expert as he's watched it "all morning" then talks about the 4th official's part in it. There was no 4th official appointed to the game. No doubt he also saw some Rangers players being whipped by a hibs fan with a belt in the background.

He didn't have many marbles at birth but has lost them all since.

Onceinawhile
01-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Yes he was in the field of play but only just, hardly at the centre circle, feet from the touch line.

He was pulled onto the field of play by a Morton player.

ekhibee
01-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Preston just saying the the Morton player should be banned for both the tackle and the feigning of the headbutt..
And he's quite right. Fair dues to Preston and Willie Miller, they quite rightly focussed on the Morton dugout entering Lennon's technical area en masse, but Chuck Dung wasn't having any of it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2017, 01:59 PM
So you don't think they should be held accountable? Hats off to lennon for standing up to them IMO. absolute parasites.

Not at all and actually where you have made something up and then tried to pass it off as my opinion or a statement that I have made makes my point. The issue is a horrific tackle and then unacceptable cheating. Not sure that this is being truly reflected in the media because the truth doesn't sell copies of papers.

lapsedhibee
01-04-2017, 01:59 PM
The greatest fall from grace of any of the broadsheets.

:agree: The Scotsman not worth reading at all now.

I saw about 5 or 6 punches thrown in that transcript.

:rofl:

Spike Mandela
01-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Anyone think Lennon is cleverly making sure the Hibs team is up for the Dunfermline and Morton game next week.?

Grudge match, siege mentality call it what you will but anything to avoid one of our insipid, lacklustre away performances.

emerald green
01-04-2017, 03:47 PM
doesnt matter what he says? wow got to strongly disagree with you there, you think if he never said another word on the matter and the last person to speak publicly about it would be jim duffy, with the press jumping on everything like a shark feeding frenzy painting him as the villain! he quite rightly highlighted no press had centered on the tackle or cheating either. sure hes goingto get some sort(unjustifliably)ban, but duff and co.s has to be 3 times worse! very well said lenny:top marksmcgregors red card ? IMO has to be resinded , as lenny would say C,MON

I agree with what Lennon has said. See my various previous posts.

What I'm trying to say is this: What NL says will be ignored at the SFA. That's what I meant by it doesn't matter what he says.

Dashing Bob S
01-04-2017, 04:48 PM
The same people who said that they would like to see 'Lennon show the same passion for Hibs as he did Celtic' are now turning into blouse-wearing Murrayfield Jambos, saying he doesn't have the 'dignity' for our club.

There are some people whom, if Lennon dived into a blazing building, rescued their screaming child and deposited the grateful kid into their arms, would whine nasally and go 'but...but...but...'.

Kato
01-04-2017, 04:55 PM
The same people who said that they would like to see 'Lennon show the same passion for Hibs as he did Celtic' are now turning into blouse-wearing Murrayfield Jambos, saying he doesn't have the 'dignity' for our club.

There are some people whom, if Lennon dived into a blazing building, rescued their screaming child and deposited the grateful kid into their arms, would whine nasally and go 'but...but...but...'.

There's very little to be proud of left as whole in Scottish football, certainly no dignity. What Lennon is doing is calling what's left out for what it is - petty distractions from the press and a hierarchy that doesn't really get involved at all.

Having just seen the front page of The Daily Record I would now go further and ban their reps from Easter Road, saying that it's a ban I've been hoping for for about two decades.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2017, 06:38 PM
I like that he's actually saying what we are all thinking 👍👍

Billy Whizz
01-04-2017, 07:17 PM
SFA have to take a lot of blame for these sort of incidents. We have a high pressure game and no 4th official, similar to the Falkirk game the week before!
I know we only get them for TV games, why, there was hardly a match on in Scotland on these nights.
This sort of thing wouldn't have happened if a 4th official was in place

cleanyman
01-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Hibs hero is NL

A title winning manager.

Love him

Crab apple
01-04-2017, 09:19 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

AgentDaleCooper
02-04-2017, 01:59 AM
Not at all and actually where you have made something up and then tried to pass it off as my opinion or a statement that I have made makes my point. The issue is a horrific tackle and then unacceptable cheating. Not sure that this is being truly reflected in the media because the truth doesn't sell copies of papers.

very good point :aok:

to rephrase what i said more in line with what i meant - do you not think lennon is quite right to hold them to account, given that he is essentially having his name dragged through the mud? i get that it might not seem the most pragmatic thing to do, a distraction etc, but the press run completely rampant, especially the red tops, causing and perpetuating myths that are basically ruining society...if people have the opportunity to call them up on their bull cack, it's verging on a civic duty to do so these days IMO. i'll get off my soap box now...

147lothian
02-04-2017, 10:53 AM

What a good post sir!http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif