PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a direct influence on a Hibs game?

BS44
31-03-2017, 05:10 PM
New St Mirren Park, three minutes to go and score is 0-0. There is small group of us in the bottom left hand corner of the stand, Hibs get a corner and the ball ends up just along the stand from us. So, I'm off after the ball as Callum Booth runs nearly as quick as me to take the corner, I get the ball run to corner of stand and throw the ball to Booth. Here's what happens next though I'm not happy that whoever took the video missed out my vital contribution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtOP_9o_G-U

St Mirren 0 1 Hibs

Bostonhibby
31-03-2017, 05:17 PM
When we trounced ayr utd 8-1 in the 70's I remember being glimpsed on TV sucking one of the goals in

Pete
31-03-2017, 05:21 PM
I'm convinced that the clothing I wear has a direct influence.

We haven't lost a game while I've been wearing my lucky scarf.

heretoday
31-03-2017, 05:21 PM
No I haven't.

NAE NOOKIE
31-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Not a game .... but I suggested after we were relegated that Butcher should be sacked, thankfully Leeann Dempster listened to my advice and he was gone shortly after .... I therefor claim I played a huge part in our revival since then :cb

GreenOnions
31-03-2017, 05:24 PM
When we trounced ayr utd 8-1 in the 70's I remember being glimpsed on TV sucking one of the goals in

😂

mcohibs
31-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Hendo was 100% going back post for that corner 2-1 down in the final. Screamed for him to stick it on Stokesy's dome instead to which he duly obliged. Rest is history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenlex
31-03-2017, 05:45 PM

That's not how you spell balls.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2017, 05:49 PM
😂
Thank you very much.

Pretty sure that between me, my wife and every other member of my family that passed we were probably involved in making sure that tavernier had no sense of occasion and couldn't get his erse of the ground in a major cup final as well.

givescotlandfreedom
31-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Decided with kaimendhibs that Ivan should come on at half time at Ibrox at his hat trick game. You're all welcome.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2017, 05:52 PM
That's not how you spell balls.
I bow to the master but some of my best friends talk balls [emoji1]

Eyrie
31-03-2017, 05:59 PM
I used a technique that Uri Geller taught me to help a Kujabi free kick. I think I may have got the direction wrong however ...

hibs0666
31-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Last weekend I had a brief liaison with a lady called Trixy Oyenuga whose better half plays in the Championship apparently. She fessed up on Tuesday but he took it very well.

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Yes definitely,several years ago against Livingston I shouted "Hit it" David Murphy heard me and hit a thunderbolt into the top corner. True story ask my son!

Baw187
31-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Hendo was 100% going back post for that corner 2-1 down in the final. Screamed for him to stick it on Stokesy's dome instead to which he duly obliged. Rest is history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was convinced the ball should be whipped to the back stick and when he fizzed it near post, I shouted 'THATS ****ING PISH!'!

I quickly retracted that statement and my mates never quite let me forget it!

Franck Stanton
31-03-2017, 07:00 PM
many years ago, my mate who at that time was a serving uniformed policeman was working at E/R patrolling the trackside at corner of North/West stands during a Hibs/rangers game. The ball went out with two players challenging for it and the ref was a bit undecided as to who last touched it. The ref looked directly at my mate who discretely pointed to the corner circle. Ref gave corner, from which we scored, winning game 1-0.

ACLeith
31-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Last Saturday 92nd minute. I shouted at Keatings to hit the bye line when he collected the ball. He obviously thought I was talking mince so decided to cut inside and the rest is history. So I claim credit for the win!

tamig
31-03-2017, 07:13 PM
I was in Mr Mustards one Friday night back in the late 80s. Andy Goram walked in so we started chatting Hibs and football. I said to Andy, I don't suppose you'll be drinking the night before a game? He replied that he played better with a few pints in him. I proceeded to buy Andy a couple of pints which were rapidly consumed and he went on to play a blinder the following day. So sad what happened to his head after his move to the hun.

18Hibee75
31-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Scottish cup final 2016, game tied 2-2 corner in the 92nd minute I scream to Liam Henderson he comes over and I ask him where he's thinking of putting it, he says "I was going to play it short what you reckon?"
So I said
"Nah, Hendo you can't do that, you see Andy Halliday there?" as I point to Andy Halliday and I see David Gray eyeing him up
"Put it on Davies head, Halliday will lose him"
David Gray scores and we win the Scottish cup for the first time in 114 years... It's amazing how Hendo hasn't mentioned me since.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
31-03-2017, 07:16 PM
A mate and I took a banner into the ground - the old type with poles. Last seconds the ball was kicked into the crowd towards us - where we were able to use the banner as a catapult to get the ball quickly back on the park. Quick throw and the centre forward scored the winner. Now I think about it that could have been something I read in Hot Shot Hamish.....

tamig
31-03-2017, 07:20 PM
A mate and I took a banner into the ground - the old type with poles. Last seconds the ball was kicked into the crowd towards us - where we were able to use the banner as a catapult to get the ball quickly back on the park. Quick throw and the centre forward scored the winner. Now I think about it that could have been something I read in Hot Shot Hamish.....
Princes Park - now there was a team!

FastEddieFelson
31-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Was shouting to fyvie to let it go for a corner at the cup final...

you're all welcome.

Hillsidehibby
31-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Absolutely. I have been to countless games at Hampden and came home with my face tripping me. On the 21-05-16 I was about to embark on another of the said trips.

Alas that morning my mother in law passed away so naturally I cancelled my trip.

I am convinced that Hibs won that day because I was not there.

So there, I won the cup for Hibs and if that is not influencing anything I do not know what will.

jodjam
31-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Delayed kick off at a Stenhousemuir v Hibs testimonial game when we decided to walk across the pitch as teams came out. Silly things you do when younger

Hillsidehibby
31-03-2017, 07:43 PM

No mate it happened. Above the noise of the rattles Hot Shot said:thanks lads.. you won that for us:

Then I had to deliver the comic through a letterbox in the pouring rain to some unworthy twat.

Jones28
31-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Against Falkirk the other day a Falkirk player was about to punt it up the park so I screamed and I think he shat himself and sliced the clearance.

So aye, influential obviously

IGRIGI
31-03-2017, 08:01 PM
There was a game against Celtic early 2000s when a group of us in the West Stand lower beside the FF managed to wind up a certain Neil Lennon that badly he booted the ball at us at full time :greengrin

Jumbo
31-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Decided with kaimendhibs that Ivan should come on at half time at Ibrox at his hat trick game. You're all welcome.

I'm sure that was the game you were as rough as a bag of nails :wink:

BroxburnHibee
31-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Just before Liam took that kick I distinctly remember shouting "right, who wants it?"

Sir David winked at me and the rest as they say......

You're all welcome.

brog
31-03-2017, 09:09 PM
First derby of the new SPL. Wee fat Joe Harper gets the ball 30 yards out on his left foot - I shout don't shoot from there you t**t, Goal!!! Ya Beauty!
Screamer in top corner!

HFCdeb
31-03-2017, 10:06 PM
I screamed "CROSS IT NOW!" To Steven Whittaker and he did. The result was a Chris Killen winner vs Rangers at Easter Road.
I also take credit for last year's replay win against Hearts because at kick off I shouted "score a goal and win!" You're all welcome :)

stoneyburn hibs
31-03-2017, 10:14 PM
21/5/2016 When Halliday put them ahead I turned to my brother and son and said "we're not done yet" Tenuous but I'm claiming it 😁

NZ Green
31-03-2017, 10:17 PM
I once shouted "f***ing hit it!" at the TV - he did, then we scored.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2017, 10:18 PM
I never used to swear much as a child but I know for a fact that I shouted fork the hearts on new years day 1973, as did my friends. And the rest is history

Hezbelle
31-03-2017, 10:48 PM
My mate was working secuirty the day the Fox invaded, I shouted at him to open the gate