I think today's the last day for any emergency transfers

Hamish
31-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Danny off to Raith rovers should be announced shortly

Good shout.

Yogi Drafts In Handling while Lennox Departs
Printer Friendly
Friday March 31st 2017
We are very pleased to announce that manager John Hughes has moved to bring in emergency loan signing from Hibernian, Danny Handling (23) until the end of the season.
The attacking midfielder is available for selection tomorrow when we face Falkirk.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Good luck Danny

To deliver...
31-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Just announced via hibs twitter.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Do Raith need to play Morton?

lucky
31-03-2017, 05:38 PM
He needs games to get match fit but I'm not sure he'll play for us again

To deliver...
31-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Do Raith need to play Morton?

:aok: 15th April. Hopefully Danny is back that night to join in the celebrations :wink:

Malthibby
31-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Goal against Falkirk tomorrow will do nicely, Danny.
GG

Eyrie
31-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Good opportunity for Handling to show what he can do.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Good luck Danny opportunity to be grasped. Pity you were coming onto a game when you were clattered for your first spell out. Hopefully you'll get a long enough stint to shine.

Smartie
31-03-2017, 06:06 PM
This guy needs to be playing football so this can only be a good move.

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Good shout.

Yogi Drafts In Handling while Lennox Departs
Printer Friendly
Friday March 31st 2017
We are very pleased to announce that manager John Hughes has moved to bring in emergency loan signing from Hibernian, Danny Handling (23) until the end of the season.
The attacking midfielder is available for selection tomorrow when we face Falkirk.

What? Emergency loan? ******g cheats!!

CMurdoch
31-03-2017, 06:07 PM
That's a good move for him to show what he can do.
Lots of us will be interested in how he does.
Fingers crossed he can stay fit.

HibbyAndy
31-03-2017, 06:12 PM
That laddie cost me thousands a few years back :greengrin

Jonnyboy
31-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Good luck Danny :aok:

jacomo
31-03-2017, 06:20 PM

Yup love it and hopefully it works out for him.

The Leith Dutch
31-03-2017, 06:23 PM

We're probably now being accused of cheating both by taking players on emergency loans and sending them out on emergency loans ;)

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2017, 06:24 PM
We're probably now being accused of cheating both by taking players on emergency loans and sending them out on emergency loans ;)

😂

Pretty Boy
31-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Always thought he had bags of potential but he's at an age now where he needs to prove it and that means playing regular football. Whether that will be at Hibs in the medium to long term I'm not sure but think he has a future in the game.

silverhibee
31-03-2017, 06:39 PM
I think today's the last day for any emergency transfers

:agree:

Clyde sign Goodwillie.

Good luck to the young lad, hopefully does well at Raith and gets a few goals.

Craig_HFC
31-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Hope he absolutely smashes Skacel in training. On yersel, Danny lad.

Unseen work
31-03-2017, 10:34 PM
A player I really like, near and tidy and quite skillfull.

Never really got going for us or played consistently in one position.

Unlucky with injuries and I hope he does well at Raith and shows everyone how good he is.

H113EE5
31-03-2017, 10:49 PM
No loss........ light-weight player, contributed next to nothing. Shame about the injuries but he was never going to make it as a player for Hibs

green day
31-03-2017, 10:58 PM
No loss........ light-weight player, contributed next to nothing. Shame about the injuries but he was never going to make it as a player for Hibs

Nice comments.....

Waxy
31-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Hopefully he smashes it and returns to us. We could do with the goals.

Unseen work
01-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Came on at halftime for Raith today.

CMurdoch
01-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Came on at halftime for Raith today.

They have lots of injuries so hopefully he will get a wee run of games

calumhibee1
01-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Nice comments.....

It's not untrue though is it. He's been in and around the first team since 2012/2013 and wouldn't even make the bench if everyone was fit at Hibs right now.

lord bunberry
01-04-2017, 06:29 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Danny has the ability to make it at hibs, he just needs to find the consistency. Hopefully a wee run of games will do the trick for him.

Enough said
01-04-2017, 06:35 PM

I agree .

hfc rd
01-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Good player when he's up for it but very inconsistent. Wouldn't be too disappointed if he is offski in the summer.

since90plustwo
03-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Cant think of any one game where ive sat there and thought this boy is a player. Rangers in the diddy cup two years ago he scored and then got sent off. Says it all a centre back who came though at the same time as him has more Hibs goals. Be nice if he turned into a player but no great loss.

marinello59
03-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Cant think of any one game where ive sat there and thought this boy is a player. Rangers in the diddy cup two years ago he scored and then got sent off. Says it all a centre back who came though at the same time as him has more Hibs goals. Be nice if he turned into a player but no great loss.

Handling suffered on two fronts, his injuries and the poor coaching he had received prior to Stubbs arriving. He had great potential, he could still go on and have a decent career in the game. I saw him getting pelters on here several times after games where he had actually played well. Yet another young player who drew groans from a section of the support before the game had even kicked off.

HibsNutter
03-04-2017, 01:48 PM
I still don't understand why Stubbs dished out seven years worth of contracts to Handling and Insall.

marinello59
03-04-2017, 01:58 PM
I still don't understand why Stubbs dished out seven years worth of contracts to Handling and Insall.

Potential?
I believe that in Handlings case he saw a player with more raw ability and game intelligence than many of the young players he had dealt with at Everton. Maybe he was confident that his coaching staff could help him catch up for lost time and realise that potential. Injuries and Stubbs' departure put paid to that I guess.

since90plustwo
03-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Handling suffered on two fronts, his injuries and the poor coaching he had received prior to Stubbs arriving. He had great potential, he could still go on and have a decent career in the game. I saw him getting pelters on here several times after games where he had actually played well. Yet another young player who drew groans from a section of the support before the game had even kicked off.

in the season he played under stubbs he still only mustered two leae goals in 20 games. I feel he is another who likes the idea of being a footballer rather than the job. Id be expecting him to have filled out and working on his fitness and to hit the ground running. Instead he is in Shanghai every saturday

southern hibby
03-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Watched Danny for 45 minutes against Wigan pre season at La Manga and trust me ( I said it on here at the time, he ran the show) lad looked class and put in one hell of a shift.

Not sure if we'll see him again playing for us but if we don't let's hope he goes on to have a great career, don't think for one second he wasn't interested in playing for us, would he sign a four year contract if not interested?just think injuries was his let down.

GGTTH

J-C
03-04-2017, 05:29 PM
in the season he played under stubbs he still only mustered two leae goals in 20 games. I feel he is another who likes the idea of being a footballer rather than the job. Id be expecting him to have filled out and working on his fitness and to hit the ground running. Instead he is in Shanghai every saturday

You could've hit on something here.

Just take a look at other players of a similar age McGinn + McGeouch, Henderson and McGregor ( Celtic ), even Cummings who is 21 are all miles ahead of Danny in their development, as you say maybe keep out of the nightclubs and make himself a better player.

03-04-2017, 06:04 PM
He's been very unlucky with injuries which won't have helped his development but even when he did get his chances in the team I just didn't feel he was good enough. A bit too lightweight and he maybe had the odd moment but in general he did very little to really impress me. Don't get me wrong, I think he's ok but Raith or lower championship is probably his level.

Wish him all the best, I hope it works out for him and he can stay fit. Shame he didn't make it here but thats football for you, he's not the first and he certainly won't be the last youngster to not live it up to early promise.

03-04-2017, 06:09 PM

I think Insall was a bit of a pet project for Stubbs. He clearly saw something in him that he believed over 2 or 3 (perhaps a little more) years he could develop into a decent player. It certainly was a signing that raised a few eyebrows but it was never a player for the here and now, as I say, he was a long term project. With Stubbs gone he's future here is unlikely IMO but you never know, he's had a couple very good seasons at East Fife so he may not make it at hibs but i'm sure it's made other clubs take notice of him.

Unseen work
03-04-2017, 06:14 PM

Just take a look at other players of a similar age McGinn + McGeouch, Henderson and McGregor ( Celtic ), even Cummings who is 21 are all miles ahead of Danny in their development, as you say maybe keep out of the nightclubs and make himself a better player.

Miles ahead of him because they're better than him, that is all.

J-C
03-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Miles ahead of him because they're better than him, that is all.

But has Danny really pushed himself to be the best he can be, we hear from people who are good football people that Danny has the ability to go to the top, he's been unlucky with injuries but would he have these injuries if he'd kept out the clubs, hit the gym and did extra work at East Mains. Maybe less pulling the women in Edinburgh's nightclub scene and a more professional attitude would've seen Danny a regular by now.

eastmainsmsh
03-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Watched Danny for 45 minutes against Wigan pre season at La Manga and trust me ( I said it on here at the time, he ran the show) lad looked class and put in one hell of a shift.

Not sure if we'll see him again playing for us but if we don't let's hope he goes on to have a great career, don't think for one second he wasn't interested in playing for us, would he sign a four year contract if not interested?just think injuries was his let down.

GGTTH

Hopefully yogi gets the best out of Danny think he is. Great talent

Unseen work
03-04-2017, 08:20 PM
But has Danny really pushed himself to be the best he can be, we hear from people who are good football people that Danny has the ability to go to the top, he's been unlucky with injuries but would he have these injuries if he'd kept out the clubs, hit the gym and did extra work at East Mains. Maybe less pulling the women in Edinburgh's nightclub scene and a more professional attitude would've seen Danny a regular by now.

He certainly does appear to go out all the time, his Instagram seems to resemble a socialite rather than a professional footballer.

He even uploaded one tonight of him out to which Hendo replied "you need to have a weekend off"

Fwiw I think he is a good player and probably like him more than most hibs fans.

frazeHFC
03-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Undoubtedly a decent player but been so unlucky with injures. Hopefully does well at Raith and at least shows Lennon what he can do.

Unseen work
03-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Noticed on the Raith Rovers fans forum it was said he was "miles ahead of the rest of the midfield" when he came on. Positive to hear.

Iggy Pope
03-04-2017, 08:31 PM
He certainly does appear to go out all the time, his Instagram seems to resemble a socialite rather than a professional footballer.

He even uploaded one tonight of him out to which Hendo replied "you need to have a weekend off"

Fwiw I think he is a good player and probably like him more than most hibs fans.

You not think you might be fuelling all this Instagram stuff too? Why are you following him round on it? My niece does cos she fancies the baws off James Keatings. Why are you bothering?

Unseen work
03-04-2017, 08:35 PM
You not think you might be fuelling all this Instagram stuff too? Why are you following him round on it? My niece does cos she fancies the baws off James Keatings. Why are you bothering?

Fuelling it by stating the obvious and something all the fans seem to know from seeing him out in club?.

Following him round on it? Or a quick search of his account on it.

What if I fancy the 'baws' off Danny?

Behave

Iggy Pope
03-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Fuelling it by stating the obvious and something all the fans seem to know from seeing him out in club?.

Following him round on it? Or a quick search of his account on it.

What if I fancy the 'baws' off Danny?

Behave

Maybe you do. Good luck with it.
I'm one of all those fans and don't see him from one day to another virtual or otherwise. Or search his account whatever that means, but it sounds like searching anyway. Leave it to the kids.

Centre Hawf
04-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Maybe you do. Good luck with it.
I'm one of all those fans and don't see him from one day to another virtual or otherwise. Or search his account whatever that means, but it sounds like searching anyway. Leave it to the kids.

Behave. Anyone with Instagram or Twitter will tell you that Danny likes to post night out photos. The point is valid that perhaps he likes the lifestyle more than anything else. But hope he can screw the nut and get playing at Raith.

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2017, 04:24 AM
I watched Danny play for the Dev team and saw him play for the main team when he got his chances. Always an active and vibrant player and you got the sense he could move well. There was always a suspicion he could play a deeper role if we chose to put him there.

I don't like being critical of the guys who come through the system ,most of them simply don't make it with Hibs because it's really tight. There's a great line by some old football writer, probably Brian Glanville that basically says as a player you get to the level you deserve. The margins are tiny. Which is why I cherish Hanlon and Stevenson. They deliver. And they've had to. If they didn't we wouldn't have them.

Handling wasn't right for us. If he was, we would have seen it by now, should have seen it a long time ago.

Paul Hanlon had probably started a hundred games for Hibs, if not more, by the time he was 23 - Handling's age.

That's the difference. I accept the impact of injuries for Handling but there's a benchmark.......

Baker9
04-04-2017, 10:24 AM

According to Jason's you tube video, he and Danny were last men standing at the cup final party and managed to be still celebrating after 4 days. Clubs In England will be desperate to sign them after that bit of self promotion. Maybe being stuck in Kirkcaldy, and seeing what his future could be, will be the making of Danny. I hope so.

easty
04-04-2017, 10:41 AM
According to Jason's you tube video, he and Danny were last men standing at the cup final party and managed to be still celebrating after 4 days. Clubs In England will be desperate to sign them after that bit of self promotion. Maybe being stuck in Kirkcaldy, and seeing what his future could be, will be the making of Danny. I hope so.

Would the clubs in England sign him if he sent them a video of him completing a particularly difficult jigsaw?

Brightside
04-04-2017, 11:19 AM

Cummings spends much more time in nightclubs than Danny...but don't let that put you off.

Smartie
04-04-2017, 11:25 AM
I thought Danny's only weakness was that he was too lightweight.

If he's used his time out to bulk up a bit I think he could go on to do well.

He always frustrated me as he was clearly a skilful player but was brushed off the ball too easily.

We've needed someone who can weight a pass though and he could always do that.

He'll come back from Kirkcaldy better for the chance to play some first team football.

BTW - I thought you couldn't do "emergency" loans with teams in the same league?

J-C
04-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Cummings spends much more time in nightclubs than Danny...but don't let that put you off.

He may well do but Jason obviously does more in training and on the pitch where it matters. I've nothing against players going out with mates or friends but if it stops them fulfilling their potential, well maybe time to nip it in the bud, oh and I'm sure Cummings could also be better if he was slightly more professional in his approach.

Centre Hawf
04-04-2017, 01:25 PM
He may well do but Jason obviously does more in training and on the pitch where it matters. I've nothing against players going out with mates or friends but if it stops them fulfilling their potential, well maybe time to nip it in the bud, oh and I'm sure Cummings could also be better if he was slightly more professional in his approach.

This. Jasons been our top scorer for what will be 3 seasons soon so he's obviously doing something right. I would absolutely rather all our players never went out drinking but I know they're human and would like to celebrate/unwind with mates. But Danny Handling has been in footballing limbo due to injuries and obviously hasn't impressed Lennon much in training. If he REALLY wanted it bad enough he would be in early and staying late at training and cutting out the nights on the town to show people and most importantly Lennon how much he wants it.

Just my take on it sadly.

Brightside
04-04-2017, 01:57 PM
He;s gone to Raith Rovers because he needs game time at a senior level. He is far too developed to be playing in the Development League. Lets just hope he does well and comes back fit and ready to be involved again.

Paisley Hibby
04-04-2017, 02:34 PM
I watched Danny play for the Dev team and saw him play for the main team when he got his chances. Always an active and vibrant player and you got the sense he could move well. There was always a suspicion he could play a deeper role if we chose to put him there.

I don't like being critical of the guys who come through the system ,most of them simply don't make it with Hibs because it's really tight. There's a great line by some old football writer, probably Brian Glanville that basically says as a player you get to the level you deserve. The margins are tiny. Which is why I cherish Hanlon and Stevenson. They deliver. And they've had to. If they didn't we wouldn't have them.

Handling wasn't right for us. If he was, we would have seen it by now, should have seen it a long time ago.

Paul Hanlon had probably started a hundred games for Hibs, if not more, by the time he was 23 - Handling's age.

That's the difference. I accept the impact of injuries for Handling but there's a benchmark.......

Great post. His stint at Raith will either be the wake up call he's been needing or prove he's not got it. Either way, that's good for us.

CapitalGreen
04-04-2017, 02:55 PM

"obviously"

seems like you've got it all figured out - Lennon should get you involved in the backroom staff in some capacity, maybe you could become the clubs official Instagram Analyst.

Baker9
04-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Would the clubs in England sign him if he sent them a video of him completing a particularly difficult jigsaw?

I'm guessing 'no' but you've got me with that one..

JDHibs
04-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Just because Danny goes out at weekends does not mean hes not putting in the time in rehab, the gym or the training pitch.

What a ridiculous conversation.

Pretty sure Lennon would clamp down on it if he was turning up drunk at training! Who says Danny isnt going in early or staying late working on things?

People need to get a grip, you cannot map out the guys life from a few night time photos at clubs at the weekend. I know loads of people in their own careers who go out and enjoy themselves at the weekend and work twice as hard as anybody else to make it in their career.

Anybody ever thought that it might have been Dannys choice to go out on loan? He isnt going to walk into our team after 2 seasons out, hes 23, he just wants to play football! He was obviously in Lennons thoughts as he was on the bench against Falkirk....

Enough said
04-04-2017, 08:15 PM
To think we we're relying on handling, Stanton, Harris to stop us getting relegated . That's how much a mess our club was in.

ekhibee
04-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Whenever I've seen Handling playing I've thought there definitely was a good player somewhere in there, but for one reason or another (some of them not his fault), the ability I think he has has never really come to the surface consistently. As far as him staying at Hibs is concerned, I'd compare it to when we're clearing out the house and find something I've kept in the back cupboard for years, my wife drags it away from me and we argue about it but deep down I know it has to go.

Smartie
04-04-2017, 09:41 PM
To think we we're relying on handling, Stanton, Harris to stop us getting relegated . That's how much a mess our club was in.

They were amongst our best players at that time.

That's why we were relegated.

Collins, Vine, Taiwo, McGivern, Nelson...................

stantonhibby
04-04-2017, 09:50 PM

Not forgetting the worst of the lot.....Tudur-Jones

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Just because Danny goes out at weekends does not mean hes not putting in the time in rehab, the gym or the training pitch.

Pretty sure Lennon would clamp down on it if he was turning up drunk at training! Who says Danny isnt going in early or staying late working on things?

People need to get a grip, you cannot map out the guys life from a few night time photos at clubs at the weekend. I know loads of people in their own careers who go out and enjoy themselves at the weekend and work twice as hard as anybody else to make it in their career.

Anybody ever thought that it might have been Dannys choice to go out on loan? He isnt going to walk into our team after 2 seasons out, hes 23, he just wants to play football! He was obviously in Lennons thoughts as he was on the bench against Falkirk....

If that is his lifestyle it simply does not go with being a professional athlete.

TelaStella
04-04-2017, 10:53 PM
Next season is going to be a big one for him in regards to seeing if he can finally step up to the plate. Hopefully he can become an important player of ours as we really are going to be needing cover in those wide areas. I think some time with Yogi and a decent Raith team will give him the right experience .

since90plustwo
05-04-2017, 09:21 AM

Look through theliks of Dele Alli's, Rashfords or even up here Kieran Tierneys social media sites. Is that plastered with them out on the town every week? No. Because their life is football, they live and breathe it. And thats why they will make it. Youngsters in England want it more than players up here.

JDHibs
05-04-2017, 09:37 AM
So because these players dont put anything up on social media, that means they arent doing it? Please tell me you arent coming to this conclusion purely down to their social media activity? I dont post anything up when i go out, does that mean im not really out?

Jesus christ, naive or what? Must remember that for when the wife moans at me, "i wasnt out dear, look at my social media for proof"

Brightside
05-04-2017, 09:56 AM
So because these players dont put anything up on social media, that means they arent doing it? Please tell me you arent coming to this conclusion purely down to their social media activity? I dont post anything up when i go out, does that mean im not really out?

Jesus christ, naive or what? Must remember that for when the wife moans at me, "i wasnt out dear, look at my social media for proof"

Spot on.

pacoluna
03-07-2017, 03:05 PM
wonder what will happen this year with Handling. Surely at his age he will want to find a new club with regular football.

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 03:09 PM
wonder what will happen this year with Handling. Surely at his age he will want to find a new club with regular football.

I'm sure he would go provided we give him a pay off.

Keyser Sauzee
03-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Must be away this window, for his sake most importantly. He's not going to get on the bench never mind play and he could get himself a decent championship club to kick start his stuttering career. Not sure he has the ability to play higher than that but we certainly won't find out whilst he's still here.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Is he fit yet? :confused:

ian cruise
03-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Maybe he's waiting to see what the striker situation is before moving on. If the club has difficulty replacing Jason he might fancy his chance.

since90plustwo
03-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Been told he can leave but refusing hibs compo package

tamig
Must be away this window, for his sake most importantly. He's not going to get on the bench never mind play and he could get himself a decent championship club to kick start his stuttering career. Not sure he has the ability to play higher than that but we certainly won't find out whilst he's still here.

I think he does have the ability to play at a higher level. He just needs to prove it over a period of games, and as you say, he's unlikely to get that game time here. He was very unfortunate last pre-season as I think Lennon had taken a shine to him and he was coming on to a game before his bad injury.

Those names still haunt me. Utter garbage.

Handling has found his level now IMO, provided he works hard and keeps himself fit. As for the whole going out with his mates all the time argument, I have absolutely no problem with that, he's a young guy who like most of us enjoys a drink out with pals, why should be any different to the rest of us? I do however think that if he wants to make a career for himself he needs to cut down on it a bit just now and focus on making something of himself. He's failed to cut it at hibs, so RR is probably his last chance to have a full time professional career in football. So if I was him i wouldn't stop going out drinking but i'd maybe cut it down and focus on getting myself to my peak fitness to give myself the best possible chance. Theres no doubt he has some talent, but he needs to prove his dedication to making it and need to catch up with the developing he's missed out on in the past due to injury. If he hadn't got injured he may have cut it, who knows. Was very unfortunate but he's still young enough to catch up if he works hard at it.

Smartie
03-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Was he not MOTM in his last competitive game?

Fair enough it was "only" Brechin City vs Raith Rovers, but to be the player who stood out well enough to earn a MOTM in what must have been a difficult game to play in says a lot for him.

I've never been entirely convinced by Danny, yet I've always seen something that was worth persevering with.

I take it Sam Stanton is back training with our first team squad again?

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Was he not MOTM in his last competitive game?

Fair enough it was "only" Brechin City vs Raith Rovers, but to be the player who stood out well enough to earn a MOTM in what must have been a difficult game to play in says a lot for him.

I've never been entirely convinced by Danny, yet I've always seen something that was worth persevering with.

I take it Sam Stanton is back training with our first team squad again?

I think Sam will also be away, again it's whether or not they can agree a severance package.

Frogga
03-07-2017, 03:42 PM
I saw Danny play in the first leg v Brechin and he was anonymous tbh against the smallest midfield 4 I think I've ever seen. I always found that 4 year deal we gave him v.strange.

lord bunberry
03-07-2017, 03:50 PM
I think he does have the ability to play at a higher level. He just needs to prove it over a period of games, and as you say, he's unlikely to get that game time here. He was very unfortunate last pre-season as I think Lennon had taken a shine to him and he was coming on to a game before his bad injury.

I agree, he definitely has the ability. It's a pity he hasn't shown it enough.

hibee316
03-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Those names still haunt me. Utter garbage.

Handling has found his level now IMO, provided he works hard and keeps himself fit. As for the whole going out with his mates all the time argument, I have absolutely no problem with that, he's a young guy who like most of us enjoys a drink out with pals, why should be any different to the rest of us? I do however think that if he wants to make a career for himself he needs to cut down on it a bit just now and focus on making something of himself. He's failed to cut it at hibs, so RR is probably his last chance to have a full time professional career in football. So if I was him i wouldn't stop going out drinking but i'd maybe cut it down and focus on getting myself to my peak fitness to give myself the best possible chance. Theres no doubt he has some talent, but he needs to prove his dedication to making it and need to catch up with the developing he's missed out on in the past due to injury. If he hadn't got injured he may have cut it, who knows. Was very unfortunate but he's still young enough to catch up if he works hard at it.

That's it though. He can drink if he wants. And in turn will never reach the required fitness level to make it at this grade or above.

Footballers are paid a lot of money, and in turn they need to look after their body. It's not about doing it for the fans, it's purely that if you don't look after your body, other players will be, and will get better deals than you.

Why should they be any different from the rest of us? Because it's their job.

Look at any player in the top leagues for the past couple of decades. You could count on one hand how many if them don't look after themselves properly. (I can't think of any, but there is bound to be a few exceptions! )

HibsNutter
03-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Never even looked like he had potential to be a star, unlike Stanton and Harris. Why on earth did Stubbs give him a four-year deal?

Callum_62
03-07-2017, 04:33 PM
As for the whole going out with his mates all the time argument, I have absolutely no problem with that, he's a young guy who like most of us enjoys a drink out with pals, why should be any different to the rest of us?

Hes a professional athlete- most, if not all on here arnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
03-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Never even looked like he had potential to be a star, unlike Stanton and Harris. Why on earth did Stubbs give him a four-year deal?

Pish. That game against rangers was an outstanding performance, one of the best I've ever seen from a hibs player at ibrox

03-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Hes a professional athlete- most, if not all on here arnt

I know and if you look at the rest of my post I agreed that he needs to cut down on it if he's going to get to peak fitness and have a good chance of having a decent career in football. As I said, hes failed to cut it at hibs and due to previous long spells out with injury he missed out on a lot of development and experience, Raith is a big opportunity and potentially his last chance to be a full time footballer so yes, if thats what he wants then he needs to discipline himself and cut back on the nights out.

03-07-2017, 04:46 PM

I agree, very unlucky with injuries, perhaps if that didn't happen he would have developed into a better player but from what we did see of him he didn't cut IMO. Certainly had his moments but they were too few and far between for me. Never really felt he was going to cut it here but he defiantly has something, Stubbs must have seen something anyway hense the 4 year deal.

Good luck to him, I hope it works out elsewhere.

Haymaker
03-07-2017, 04:47 PM
People make a big deal about players drinking. It's very common and even players from the EPL can be found out on the piss during the season on a regular basis.

I know it effects performance, hydration levels and recovery but it happens. A lot.

Sean1875
03-07-2017, 04:49 PM
I saw Danny play in the first leg v Brechin and he was anonymous tbh against the smallest midfield 4 I think I've ever seen. I always found that 4 year deal we gave him v.strange.

Agreed. Was Butcher that gave him it wasn't it? explains a lot if so.

lord bunberry
03-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Agreed. Was Butcher that gave him it wasn't it? explains a lot if so.

It was Stubbs

easty
03-07-2017, 05:10 PM
People make a big deal about players drinking. It's very common and even players from the EPL can be found out on the piss during the season on a regular basis.

I know it effects performance, hydration levels and recovery but it happens. A lot.

Difference, I suppose, is that the EPL player out on the piss is still an EPL player at the end of the day. Someone like Handling, Scottish Championship standard of player, who's not really achieved much, should maybe knock it on the head and try to push themselves to thier potential, to see whether they have it or not.

Thier choice though. If he's happy with his career as it is then he can/should go out all he wants.

Sean1875
03-07-2017, 05:17 PM
It was Stubbs

well in that case - what a fantastic decision, fully justified :greengrin

CPHibees
03-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Danny was getting some interest from Huddersfield and Celtic hence the 4 year deal. Strachan also highly rated Danny and was asked on numerous occasions when in the Scotland U21 set up to train with the full squad and be all accounts did really well.

easty
03-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Danny was getting some interest from Huddersfield and Celtic hence the 4 year deal. Strachan also highly rated Danny and was asked on numerous occasions when in the Scotland U21 set up to train with the full squad and be all accounts did really well.

Really? I don't remember any of that being mentioned on here at any time.

jacomo
03-07-2017, 07:29 PM

DH hasn't really achieved anything in the game.

He's had bad luck with injuries but even giving the impression that he is anything other than 100% committed to the day job is really dumb.

It's a different story if an established player already has the trust of their manager and goes out now and again.

Haymaker
03-07-2017, 08:34 PM
DH hasn't really achieved anything in the game.

He's had bad luck with injuries but even giving the impression that he is anything other than 100% committed to the day job is really dumb.

It's a different story if an established player already has the trust of their manager and goes out now and again.

There's established players and young lads at it all the time at every level.

As said by easty, it's their choice and they're only human beings.

EDIT: just like to point out, I agree with you, it is really dumb.

CPHibees
03-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Really? I don't remember any of that being mentioned on here at any time.
My dad mentioned it on here a few years ago.

Keyser Sauzee
03-07-2017, 08:59 PM

Sorry but I don't believe any of that.

Ken
03-07-2017, 09:05 PM

I would be astonished if most of that is true. At the time Handling signed his 4 year deal I was surprised but hoped he would turn out to be a top player. It hasn't happened and his level is probably Championship at the moment until he proves otherwise.

tamig
03-07-2017, 09:14 PM
I agree, he definitely has the ability. It's a pity he hasn't shown it enough.

The sad thing for the boy is whenever he has had a small run of games and shown glimpses of his ability he's been struck down by injury. A very intelligent player but I hope he fulfils his potential elsewhere.

eastmainsmsh
03-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at falkirk shame as he is a great talent

fiolex1
03-07-2017, 09:56 PM
I would be astonished if most of that is true. At the time Handling signed his 4 year deal I was surprised but hoped he would turn out to be a top player. It hasn't happened and his level is probably Championship at the moment until he proves otherwise.

100% true, i won't reveal the source. John Collins the Celtic No2 would've had Danny at Celtic in a heart beat

calumhibee1
03-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Pish. That game against rangers was an outstanding performance, one of the best I've ever seen from a hibs player at ibrox

I'm sorry, but the statement you've quoted isn't pish. He was/is nowhere near good enough and I'm willing to bet he won't be a full time footballer within 3 years. Your statement about one of the best Ibrox performances from a Hibs player is mind blowing. I've lost count of the amount of times we've absolutely dismantled Rangers at Ibrox in the last 15 years or so, yet Handlings performance in a Petrofac Training Cup game that we lost against the worst Rangers team ever is one of the best performances you've seen?

Andy74
03-07-2017, 10:50 PM
100% true, i won't reveal the source. John Collins the Celtic No2 would've had Danny at Celtic in a heart beat

Says something about Collins' eye for a player then.

Handling's stay at Hibs wasn't hindered by injuries it was prolonged by them. He was on his way out until he got injured.

Not quite good enough but sure he'll do okay down the leagues somewhere.

jacomo
03-07-2017, 10:54 PM
There's established players and young lads at it all the time at every level.

As said by easty, it's their choice and they're only human beings.

EDIT: just like to point out, I agree with you, it is really dumb.

I've also championed DH on here. I'm convinced he's got *something* and he's been really unlucky with injuries.

But the guy has earned himself a reputation as a party goer, fairly or unfairly. He should be busting a gut to prove the doubters wrong.

The Baldmans Comb
03-07-2017, 10:54 PM

Why? He barely kicked a ball for Hibs. Struggling to remember more than a couple of decent games and that's stretching it.

Stubbs had just arrived and was trying to lay down a marker but only succeeded in wasting £ on a dud.

Haymaker
03-07-2017, 11:05 PM
I've also championed DH on here. I'm convinced he's got *something* and he's been really unlucky with injuries.

But the guy has earned himself a reputation as a party goer, fairly or unfairly. He should be busting a gut to prove the doubters wrong.

Oh no doubt.

Forza Fred
04-07-2017, 12:40 AM
The 4 year signing was something I could not understand at the time either, to be honest.

Mind you I couldn't understand why Mowbray gave Zibi an extension too, so what would I know.

We can't keep everybody, and I would suggest that we won't see Danny or Sam Stanton in a first team jersey again, but will continue to pay them.

basehibby
04-07-2017, 01:05 AM
It must have been hard for DH these last few years - being hit with bad injuries again and again. With all these lay offs it must be hard to keep your chin up so I'll cut him a bit of slack for the odd night out. Promising prospect or not though, time is running out for him to make any sort of impression on the professional game. He needs regular 1st team football and fast - so probably best for him to go out on loan (again!). Maybe if he can muster up some spectacular form at a loan club then a chance to cement a place at Hibs may yet materialiase but the chances look increasingly slim to me.