PDA

View Full Version : Greig Mailer away.

Brightside
31-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Been announced that he is to become the Head of Corporate Affairs at the SFA. Big loss for Hibs. Has done a huge amount to improve comms and marketing in the last few years.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Sorry to read this although hopefully Hibs loss is the SFAs gain.

Good guy and has done a lot for Hibs in an area we really struggled in previously.

GreenOnions
31-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Been announced that he is to become the Head of Corporate Affairs at the SFA. Big loss for Hibs. Has done a huge amount to improve comms and marketing in the last few years.

Hopefully we can bring someone in who can keep things going. It would be good if we can get someone whose name is equally appropriate for a communications role :wink:

Tamhere1875
31-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Big lose to Hibs one of the good guys at Easter Road. Who will the sfa come for next ?

IAmLee
31-03-2017, 11:44 AM
I had issues with something I'd won from Hibs 3-4 years ago which still hadn't been fulfilled, had been through numerous staff and nothing was ever done. I was put in touch with Greig and a week later everything was sorted! I met him at ER and he went out of his way to make me feel comfortable and looked after, he really went the extra mile. He'll be a big loss but hopefully his successor will be in the same vein as him and continue his excellent work.

Sergey
31-03-2017, 12:00 PM
Greig was instrumental in bringing all the parties together for the London Hibs Burns Night earlier this year - including bringing down the Scottish Cup.

He'll do well at the SFA and I wish him all the best.

Argylehibby
31-03-2017, 08:27 PM
As said already Greig does a great job at the club and his commitment has been first class since he arrived. God knows the number of hours he puts in on any given week but it sure as hell is over 40!

truehibernian
31-03-2017, 08:44 PM
The marketing under his stewardship has not only been superb, but in a Scottish football context, groundbreaking. All the projects (season tickets, strip launches, Scottish cup) have been inspiring and really brought the fans closer to the club.

Big big loss, but he was instrumental in pushing Hibs into a modern, creative age - wonder if Tom Zanelli could be persuaded back up the road ? Loved his work and enthusiasm - he'd love being immersed in Hibs again.

Ilovehibs
31-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Good luck and thanks to Greig but a big loss for us. His work has been brilliant and he always came across as a decent guy too.
Was grateful that he attended my friend's funeral a while back.
Hopefully a quality replacement will be employed.

villager
31-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Greig has done a first class job at hibs and will be missed

Bay Area Hibees
01-04-2017, 04:13 AM
Agree has done a great job and will be a loss. Good luck with new adventure.

Frazerbob
01-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Can only add to the praise being heaped on Greig. He brought the cup up to Aberdeen for our wee party and was absolutely brilliant. Sorry to see him leave.

matty_f
01-04-2017, 11:12 AM
We'll do well to get someone as good as Greig in to replace him. Good guy and has done a great job.

scooby
01-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Big loss to Hibs, but you can't hold a good guy down.
Hope he can shake things up at the SFA.