PDA

View Full Version : mr lennon

biffo1875
30-03-2017, 07:10 PM
i love his passion for the job .people on here saying his behaviour was embarsing and over the top na not for me .we have been to soft for to long .have wenger mouriho ferguson never showed the same passion on the side lines .come on ggtth

jacomo
30-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Worth a thread of its own.

:hilarious

Earlydelivery
30-03-2017, 07:23 PM
:not worth

Roxyhibee
30-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Agree 100%. And so do a few Hibbies I contacted today.

We've had too many fake 'warriors' over the years like Yogi and those fuds Butcher and Malpas and been needing someone to change our softy image for a long time, and Lennon is the real deal on this.

Hope he stays with us next season.

California-Hibs
30-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I love the guy. Delighted he's our manager!

BoltonHibee
30-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Passion, Winner. End of ( as somebody used to say). More of it I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
30-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Neil Lennon is a born winner!
Yes, he sometimes gets over-heated like the rest of us, but what a guy to have in your technical area.
He has made us mentally stronger and tougher to beat.
Last season we would have lost many of the draws we have achieved to take us 10 points clear at the top.

Jones28
30-03-2017, 08:08 PM
I know I'm changing my tune but after seeing the incident a few times and listening to his post match interviews I'm happy he's at the club. A fighter and a winner

Lago
30-03-2017, 09:38 PM
I know I'm changing my tune but after seeing the incident a few times and listening to his post match interviews I'm happy he's at the club. A fighter and a winner
A convert and sinner saved.:greengrin

zitelli62
30-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Converted me after last night a winner who wants his team to win that will do for me no more soft centred hibs as has been the case in the past a winning mentality will do me at the club.

frazeHFC
30-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Hated him when he was jumping about the touchline for Celtic, but now it's for us I'm loving it. :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
30-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Agree 100%. And so do a few Hibbies I contacted today.

We've had too many fake 'warriors' over the years like Yogi and those fuds Butcher and Malpas and been needing someone to change our softy image for a long time, and Lennon is the real deal on this.

Hope he stays with us next season.

If he's not here next season i'll eat my hat

wookie70
30-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Neil Lennon is a born winner!
Yes, he sometimes gets over-heated like the rest of us, but what a guy to have in your technical area.
He has made us mentally stronger and tougher to beat.
Last season we would have lost many of the draws we have achieved to take us 10 points clear at the top.

He may well have made us get draws from games we would have lost but we have the exact amount of points we had at this stage last year. If you give him credit for that without The Rangers in the league then surely you have to say he is also responsible for taking games we would have won last year and turned them into draws, whilst scoring slightly fewer goals(48 v 46) and conceding slightly less (29 v 26 with The Rangers scoring 6 of those). All is well as we are top of the league but in terms of the team on the park we are certainly no better at gaining points and in my opinion worse to watch. That is down to either Lennon or a lack of funding. For me it is probably a bit of both but Lennon has to take his share of the blame.

Stubbs got us to 70 points in both his seasons starting with a car crash of a team and also won the Holy Grail. Lennon is 11 points away from 70 points with 6 games left. We have gained 9 points from our last 6 games so he has a bit to go to equal the point tally Stubbs manage and we would need to improve to do so. We are also very likely to score less than last year.

Finish top and Lennon has taken a Scottish Cup winning team and made them win the Championship with probably a wee bit to spare and with a massive budget compared to the rest. I'm happy to say job done and see what you can do next year. However, I see a man who gets out of control, who takes very few chances in games and who is only doing as well as his predecessor in terms of winning points and starting from a far better position. I'm a good deal short of seeing him being a great Hibs manager but he may well end up that way. He is scraping pass marks currently with a few off for bad behaviour.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2017, 11:21 PM
I don't like to see managers kick off like that too often, but on the other hand a bit of passion doesn't hurt either. No doubt he is going to be in bother and not for the first time, its just the way the guy is and I doubt he is going to change now .... so long as he keeps us on course for the premiership I'm not really that bothered how he acts :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2017, 02:29 AM
Lennon is a strong character who never backs down. Probably why I couldn't stand him as a player but he epitomised the Septic side he played in and managed. They couldn't be bullied. He is exactly, exactly the strong character we've been needing as manager for years now. He has publicly criticised but also defended his players and our club and I hope his passion and strength filters through the club from top to bottom. We are in very, very good hands with Dempster and Lennon and I still think it was an outstanding bit of business to get him on board. We are no longer a soft touch off the park, in the media etc or on the park as shown the other night and I for one absolutely love it. WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC!!!

IanFaeClerrie
31-03-2017, 07:53 AM
His behaviour was embarrassing in the extreme.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

mjhibby
31-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Converted me after last night a winner who wants his team to win that will do for me no more soft centred hibs as has been the case in the past a winning mentality will do me at the club.

If Neil has done anything for our club he's made us one tough opponent to beat and has shown players he won't accept performances that Stubbs just put up with. Hopefully once we are up he will not need to motivate guys for games. The fact that he had the balls to drop Jason said it all for me. We can argue about his tactics but the way he has handled the team has been excellent. Plus of course gave Hertz the biggest chasing for years. The tantrums I can live with especially as I don't think he was the sinner against morton just his past made it more of an issue.

Slavers
31-03-2017, 08:24 AM
I hope he signs a 4 year deal with us!!! Love his passion to win!

Allant1981
31-03-2017, 08:44 AM

no it wasnt, he was defending his players and then himself, most people would have done the sane

Pedantic_Hibee
31-03-2017, 09:05 AM
For the avoidance of doubt, I shall say it once more, we are all Neil Lennon.

jacomo
31-03-2017, 09:06 AM
He's just added to the catalogue of classic Hibs Manager quotes in my book.

'Then the next thing I've got is the Morton manager asking for a square go, which is fair enough. I'm not going to back down.'

Mikey09
31-03-2017, 09:33 AM

Was it ****!! His behaviour was "you're no gonna take liberties with me or my players!" All he did was react to a horrible challenge on his player and then had the entire Morton bench and back room team in his face. But as he said, and was proven right in his after match interview the headlines and talk have been "It's bad old Lenny!" Am i surprised at the media for this? No. Am I surprised at some Hibs fans saying this? Absolutely!! We've got a manager who's the real deal and sticks up for his players, the club, the fans and himself yet some still moan about him?! Give me that attitude every time compared to a slaver like Cathro or Duffy.

mjhibby
31-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Was it ****!! His behaviour was "you're no gonna take liberties with me or my players!" All he did was react to a horrible challenge on his player and then had the entire Morton bench and back room team in his face. But as he said, and was proven right in his after match interview the headlines and talk have been "It's bad old Lenny!" Am i surprised at the media for this? No. Am I surprised at some Hibs fans saying this? Absolutely!! We've got a manager who's the real deal and sticks up for his players, the club, the fans and himself yet some still moan about him?! Give me that attitude every time compared to a slaver like Cathro or Duffy.

Totally correct sir.

pennyhibee
31-03-2017, 10:47 AM
That's the last two games we've had players put out of a game by poor tackles and one sent off for being on the receiving end of an opposition player playacting .Thank Christ we have a manager now who says .No I'm not having that and defending his player and club .Hibs are now winners with a bit of steel to them .That's down to Neil Lennon

kaimendhibs
31-03-2017, 11:56 AM
This for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
31-03-2017, 12:13 PM
He may well have made us get draws from games we would have lost but we have the exact amount of points we had at this stage last year. If you give him credit for that without The Rangers in the league then surely you have to say he is also responsible for taking games we would have won last year and turned them into draws, whilst scoring slightly fewer goals(48 v 46) and conceding slightly less (29 v 26 with The Rangers scoring 6 of those). All is well as we are top of the league but in terms of the team on the park we are certainly no better at gaining points and in my opinion worse to watch. That is down to either Lennon or a lack of funding. For me it is probably a bit of both but Lennon has to take his share of the blame.

Stubbs got us to 70 points in both his seasons starting with a car crash of a team and also won the Holy Grail. Lennon is 11 points away from 70 points with 6 games left. We have gained 9 points from our last 6 games so he has a bit to go to equal the point tally Stubbs manage and we would need to improve to do so. We are also very likely to score less than last year.

Finish top and Lennon has taken a Scottish Cup winning team and made them win the Championship with probably a wee bit to spare and with a massive budget compared to the rest. I'm happy to say job done and see what you can do next year. However, I see a man who gets out of control, who takes very few chances in games and who is only doing as well as his predecessor in terms of winning points and starting from a far better position. I'm a good deal short of seeing him being a great Hibs manager but he may well end up that way. He is scraping pass marks currently with a few off for bad behaviour.

A good post and some valid points.
However, how far back do we go if we go down the line of comparing seasons?
What took place last season is irrelevant in my eyes, for we could also throw into the equation our terrible League cup final defeat and our heart-breakingingly disappointing play off defeat to Falkirk as well as finishing 3rd. Last season was saved by thet wonderful Scottish Cup final win, and if not for that glorious day at Hampden our season would have been a complete failure in terms of targets not being met. Stubbs could also arguably field a stronger line up than Lennon if we include Stokes and Henderson.

No, I see this season in isolation. Our prime target is automatic promotion.
Has Lennon taken us 10 points clear at the top of the league with a handful of games to go? Yes
As a wee bonus and a satisfying one at that: Did he shake off Falkirk in the process? Yes

Like I say, it is futile comparing points obtained from last year or the year before. Those seasons are history and have no bearing on this season.

Jones28
31-03-2017, 12:26 PM
A convert and sinner saved.:greengrin

Hallelujah :greengrin:

Slavers
31-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Backing Neil Lennon 100%!!!

I think it would be great if we could all get cardboard face masks with Lennon face on it and wear them at the game to show the world and the oppressors - We are all Neil Lennon!!!

poolman
31-03-2017, 01:03 PM

Can you enlighten us as to who was embarrassed by his behaviour 🤔

SteveHFC
31-03-2017, 03:54 PM
https://planetradio.co.uk/forth/local/news/listen-neil-lennon-explosive-comments-touchline-bust-jim-duffy/

HibbyAndy
31-03-2017, 03:58 PM
i love his passion for the job .people on here saying his behaviour was embarsing and over the top na not for me .we have been to soft for to long .have wenger mouriho ferguson never showed the same passion on the side lines .come on ggtth

Well said Keith

Pushovers no more

green day
31-03-2017, 04:02 PM
https://planetradio.co.uk/forth/local/news/listen-neil-lennon-explosive-comments-touchline-bust-jim-duffy/

Beezer of an interview on SSN today as well. Quite right too, all the chat has been about Lennon. Very little about Duffy and Morton so far. Let's turn up the heat.

Ozyhibby
31-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Beezer of an interview on SSN today as well. Quite right too, all the chat has been about Lennon. Very little about Duffy and Morton so far. Let's turn up the heat.

Smart move to keep it going. We need our players up for next week. This will help with that.

Roxyhibee
31-03-2017, 04:25 PM

Totally honest, stand up interview. Brilliantly refreshing. Doesn't take any pish does he.?! He's got Duffy and his crew in his back pocket on this.

SteveHFC
31-03-2017, 05:30 PM
stv news interview was quality

greenlex
31-03-2017, 05:32 PM
He's an angry wee man. 100% behind him on Wed night but that STV interview I just watched was not great. He could have said all he did without the anger it agression. He's not doing himself any favours now.

shetlandhibee
31-03-2017, 05:34 PM
one things certainly put to bed, a few folk questioned if he would have the same drive and passion he had as celtic boss ..his actions (really from the begining!)in recent weeks ? what can i say ..:top marks:agree: totally commited winner that will do anything to protect his players.. 100% backing from me :thumbsup: IMO we should be proud to have him as our manager...

emerald green
31-03-2017, 05:36 PM

What would you have liked to have seen him do instead under that sort of provocation? Run away and hide? Do and say nothing? :rolleyes:

For far too long Hibs have had a reputation for being "soft". No longer I'm proud to say.

SanFranHibs
31-03-2017, 05:39 PM
one things certainly put to bed, a few folk questioned if he would have the same drive and passion he had as celtic boss ..his actions (really from the begining!)in recent weeks ? what can i say ..:top marks:agree: totally commited winner that will do anything to protect his players.. 100% backing from me :thumbsup: IMO we should be proud to have him as our manager...

I was delighted when Neil Lennon, or the Hibs manager to some :wink:, was appointed manager and I love his enthusiasm for Hibs and for the job.

Neil Lennon is the man I want to manage us next season in the top division.

:flag::flag::flag:

nycHIBEE
31-03-2017, 06:03 PM

Spot on!

Jonnyboy
31-03-2017, 06:29 PM
He's an angry wee man. 100% behind him on Wed night but that STV interview I just watched was not great. He could have said all he did without the anger it agression. He's not doing himself any favours now.

Well, IanfaeClerrie obviously :greengrin

Can you enlighten us as to who was embarrassed by his behaviour 🤔

Not sure I agree with that, A. I felt he was reacting to the Morton/Duffy statement by highlighting they were the ones at fault. Yeh, he sounded a bit nippy but he's rightly pi55ed off :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
31-03-2017, 06:38 PM
I love lennon ....fantastic manager

Lago
31-03-2017, 06:38 PM

Rubbish

oldbutdim
31-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Well, IanfaeClerrie obviously :greengrin

Not sure I agree with that, A. I felt he was reacting to the Morton/Duffy statement by highlighting they were the ones at fault. Yeh, he sounded a bit nippy but he's rightly pi55ed off :greengrin

Not mastered the quote function yet I see.

Lago
31-03-2017, 06:40 PM
I love lennon ....fantastic manager
Agree, thing I noticed was how the Hibs players were forming a protective shield round Lennon when he was being threatened by the Morton mob. Loved that, long may he be with us.

fife hfc
31-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Is he keeping it going to get us ready for our trip to Cappielow next week. I was not keen on him but he has went up greatly in my estimation after Wednesday. He defended his players and now it is time for them to repay him.

31-03-2017, 06:55 PM
He's the kind of guy you hate when he's against you but love when he's on your side.

Hibs have been a soft touch for too long. We even sacked the tanoy guy for daring to have a harmless pop at our rivals.

marinello59
31-03-2017, 07:04 PM

One of the most honest interviews you will hear. Beats the bland platitudes we usually get. Well done Neil Lennon, totally behind him on this one.

Jonnyboy
31-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Not mastered the quote function yet I see.

Aye a huv. You using yer phone? Probably doesn't show on a phone :wink:

Iggy Pope
31-03-2017, 07:32 PM

Doubt very much you come fi Clerrie at all.

Cat Stanton
31-03-2017, 07:39 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. What is required - before we decide he is a hero for agreeing to have a square go with Duff Jimmy - is an accurate assessment of what he has done, points-wise and performance-wise, compared to others like Stubbs. I'm sure I can't say it on this post, but for me, the jury is out. Tin hat on etc etc.....

Hi Heid Yin
31-03-2017, 08:06 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. What is required - before we decide he is a hero for agreeing to have a square go with Duff Jimmy - is an accurate assessment of what he has done, points-wise and performance-wise, compared to others like Stubbs. I'm sure I can't say it on this post, but for me, the jury is out. Tin hat on etc etc.....

I really don't see the need to compare Lennon with Stubbsy, or indeed any other previous manager.
His prime target was and is to get us automatically promoted. This is his first season. Is he well on the way to achieving that target? Unquestionably, Yes!

Like I say, I don't see the need to compare, but as you are using Stubbsy as a benchmark for Lennon, then Stubbsy failed to get us automatically promoted or indeed through the play offs in 2 seasons. Technically that's 4 failed opportunities. Stubbsy was redeemed by that wonderful scottish cup win, but ironically that was not his prime target.

You ought to just state that you don't like or rate Lennon either as a man or a manager- irrespective of the fact that he has us sitting 10 points clear at the top with 6 games to go.

northstandhibby
31-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Backing Neil Lennon 100%!!!

I think it would be great if we could all get cardboard face masks with Lennon face on it and wear them at the game to show the world and the oppressors - We are all Neil Lennon!!!

:agree:

Top bloke Top manager. Love Neil Lennon - Winner

glory glory

Dr What If?
31-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Can't deny we have been draw specialist this season....but we have also been very, very hard to beat. What is more, there was hardly a single game where we were second best, we even won an away tie in Europe!
Lennon has given this team a bit of grit, yes we have the technically better players but this league is a dog fight and when sides full of 'street fighters' come to take us on they show their teeth, more often than not though it is us who are standing tall at the end.
Next season will be a different challenge and I have no doubt that Lennon will take the best of this season and add to it so we are up for that to - if he were to sign a 10 year contract I would be delighted!

hibee_nation
31-03-2017, 08:39 PM
Doubt very much you come fi Clerrie at all.

Diet or full fat not sure which.

Lago
31-03-2017, 08:59 PM

Not sure why youve brought Stubbs into the thread or points totals, frankly it doesn't matter if Hibs are promoted with 60 or 70 or 75 points, its academic, its the promotion that counts. Simples.

kaimendhibs
31-03-2017, 09:38 PM
I really don't see the need to compare Lennon with Stubbsy, or indeed any other previous manager.
His prime target was and is to get us automatically promoted. This is his first season. Is he well on the way to achieving that target? Unquestionably, Yes!

Like I say, I don't see the need to compare, but as you are using Stubbsy as a benchmark for Lennon, then Stubbsy failed to get us automatically promoted or indeed through the play offs in 2 seasons. Technically that's 4 failed opportunities. Stubbsy was redeemed by that wonderful scottish cup win, but ironically that was not his prime target.

You ought to just state that you don't like or rate Lennon either as a man or a manager- irrespective of the fact that he has us sitting 10 points clear at the top with 6 games to go.
Good post

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

shetlandhibee
31-03-2017, 09:53 PM
lennons interview in the scottish herald is quality.. quite rightly defending himself before the witch hunt, it would be and absolute disgrace if duffys punishment isnt 3 times what lennys will (unjustly)be.

wookie70
31-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Not sure why youve brought Stubbs into the thread or points totals, frankly it doesn't matter if Hibs are promoted with 60 or 70 or 75 points, its academic, its the promotion that counts. Simples.

I brought the comparison as it was stated Lennon was a winner when he is possibly more a drawer in terms of a comparison with Stubbs. I agree promotion is the main aim but performance, points totals, goals scored and conceded along with being difficult to beat is a fairly decent barometer of how well a manager is doing and how he may perform in the future. He is doing ok in my opinion and all the talk of he is a winner etc means nothing to me or Hibs unless that transfers to the team and translates into more points. Lennon has stated that we have an issue getting ourselves up for the smaller games. He has tried several approaches including publicly calling the players out. Our results in the smaller games have been worse since he did that. He has a very decent record in the big games, as did Stubbs. I can't remember so many positives posts about Stubbs being a winner when we were performing very similarly last year perhaps he needed to be shouting at players and trying to get involved in fights a wee bit more.

All I am saying is that a bit of perspective is required. Lennon may be a winner and fans may love that he is raw, uncontrollable and not willing to be pushed around. I am more interested in how good a manager he is. At the moment my view is the same as when he signed. I have no idea if he will be a good manger or not. Getting promoted will obviously be huge but given our team, resources and the opposition I would have hoped any half competent manager would have achieved the same. I hope he stays next year as I am fascinated to see how he does. I obviously hope he is a huge success and I will be delighted if he becomes a great Hibs manager. I just don't see it at this point.

Dashing Bob S
31-03-2017, 10:12 PM
Hibs have seriously needed to toughen up their act for decades. Lennon is the man.

Ozyhibby
31-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Difficult to judge Lennon without knowing the recruitment dynamic at the club.
If he has full control then I have my doubts but it's possible it's not down to him. Given the squad we have I think he has done ok but we should have bought better in both windows.

wookie70
31-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Hibs have seriously needed to toughen up their act for decades. Lennon is the man.

Have we toughened up on the park. We are still getting kicked off the park by Falkirk. We seem to get booked for relatively little because we wait until the opposition committed 6 fouls and by the time we make a tackle the referee has decided to make someone an example. Yes terrible refereeing causes this but we are far from being street smart. We don't go for the jugular when we get a goal up or at all against the smaller sides. Little details in having that tougher attitude where winning is everything like ball boys taking time when we are winning and speeding things up when we are losing aren't there. Getting in the referee's face when he is not giving us decisions etc etc.

I think we are roughly as tough as we were last year we just pass it a bit less and lump it up the park a bit more. Our manager certainly talks tougher, no problem with that most of the time, but I don't see it making much of a difference on the park.

HibsNutter
31-03-2017, 10:47 PM
The media are going to try and nail Lennon at any opportunity. **** them.

Tomorrow at dunfermline, we show our support for our manager from the first minute until the last.

Neil Lennon's green and white army.

Heisenberg
31-03-2017, 10:49 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennons-furious-10136423

He's certainly a bit annoyed about Wednesday and the reporting of the incident thereafter.

bingo70
31-03-2017, 11:08 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennons-furious-10136423

He's certainly a bit annoyed about Wednesday and the reporting of the incident thereafter.

Like how he threw the sun reporter out and said he's not welcome back.

Concerns me a bit that he's not spoke to the players about tomorrow, hope what happened on Wednesday doesn't over shadow preparation for tomorrow's game but dare say we'll find out soon enough. Part of me wonders if Lennon might be using it as a distraction in the hope Dunfermline take their eye off the ball.

Also don't think it's healthy Lennon is still that angry 2 days later, for his own good I'd reckon he needs to calm down a bit.

Heisenberg
31-03-2017, 11:20 PM

Concerns me a bit that he's not spoke to the players about tomorrow, hope what happened on Wednesday doesn't over shadow preparation for tomorrow's game but dare say we'll find out soon enough. Part of me wonders if Lennon might be using it as a distraction in the hope Dunfermline take their eye off the ball.

Also don't think it's healthy Lennon is still that angry 2 days later, for his own good I'd reckon he needs to calm down a bit.

I certainly didn't expect him to still be this raging about it all. He's clearly fuming. Hope it has a them vs us effect with the players and helps us secure the title asap.

Cat Stanton
31-03-2017, 11:20 PM

I think that's putting words in my mouth that I didn't say, and so is very unfair. As a man, I rate him a lot: I wasn't a fan as a player, but the way he has spoken about his depression, and more generally his demeanour since taking over, has certainly won me over: I like him, and he comes across well. But that's different from saying he's a great football manager. I just think - from a Hibs perspective - that the jury is out (as I said). He clearly gets the players up for the big games, but he also clearly doesn't for the non-big games. And the quality of football has not, generally, been great. Surely no-one would argue with that? So my point was really that just because he had a barney with Jim Duffy doesn't suddenly make him a great manager or a Hibs legend. In fact, I think it has detracted from the point that, again, we were not very good against a team we should really have beaten.

But I wasn't trying to argue with anyone...

Blaster
31-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Have we toughened up on the park. We are still getting kicked off the park by Falkirk. We seem to get booked for relatively little because we wait until the opposition committed 6 fouls and by the time we make a tackle the referee has decided to make someone an example. Yes terrible refereeing causes this but we are far from being street smart. We don't go for the jugular when we get a goal up or at all against the smaller sides. Little details in having that tougher attitude where winning is everything like ball boys taking time when we are winning and speeding things up when we are losing aren't there. Getting in the referee's face when he is not giving us decisions etc etc.

I think we are roughly as tough as we were last year we just pass it a bit less and lump it up the park a bit more. Our manager certainly talks tougher, no problem with that most of the time, but I don't see it making much of a difference on the park.

How many points have Falkirk taken from us this year compared to last year?

wookie70
31-03-2017, 11:42 PM
How many points have Falkirk taken from us this year compared to last year?

Fair point, 10 points against 6 last year, but that doesn't make us tougher just means we are getting better results in what has become one of our biggest games. We didn't get beat by Falkirk last year during the regular league campaign either. Lennon has been very good at getting results in the bigger league games. Just as well because that is the biggest reason we are top.

Mikey09
01-04-2017, 12:05 AM

That'll do as a start for me. Now get Euan McLean and Jackson out the door and it's a full house. Bunch of lying *******'s.

lucky
01-04-2017, 05:01 AM
NL is still raging about this, hopefully the players show the same amount of passion until the end of the season. As fans we've been calling for Hibs to stand up to the media well Lenny is taking no **** over this and I'm delighted we are kicking out lying smearing **** bag reporters from the sun

SteveHFC
01-04-2017, 05:57 AM
The media are going to try and nail Lennon at any opportunity. **** them.

Tomorrow at dunfermline, we show our support for our manager from the first minute until the last.

Neil Lennon's green and white army.:agree:

Niffy
01-04-2017, 07:23 AM
I think that summing up is excellent. Go NL !!!

Jag7
01-04-2017, 07:43 AM

You have never said anything good about Hibs either here or in your comments in the Scotsman/evening news..everything from you is negative about Hibs ... why bother !!!!

PathheadHibby
01-04-2017, 07:56 AM
NL will get the reception he deserves from over 3000 Hibs fans later today ..... a standing united and vocal ovation acknowledging our full support and appreciation and understanding

WhileTheChief..
01-04-2017, 08:06 AM

Absolutely brilliant.

I don't think I've ever heard someone from Hibs standing up for our club as much as this.

Delighted that he's got the full backing of Petrie and Dempster as well. I was worried that he would have to tone it down a bit or apologise (for nothing).

If feels like a watershed moment. In one single stroke we've finally grown a set and laid down a marker that were no longer a soft touch. Long may it continue.

Cosmic Truth
01-04-2017, 09:02 AM

Spot on.

Would it have been better if he hadn't reacted to a potential career ending tackle on Forster, the Morton player trying to get McGregor sent off, then Duffy storming into his technical area adopting a very aggressive attitude? Maye the red mist did descend, and he lost the plot after all that, but surely it's better to have a manger who defends his players, than one who just swallows it?

I believe, friend of the media, Duffy is a fly count, knew exactly what he was doing, and would always be painted as the good guy in this, while Lennon would be painted the bad guy. I bet Duffy wouldn't have gone storming into the Rangers technical area to confront their manager, as his future in the media might be jeopardised, but with Lenny he got a free shot.

Cosmic Truth
01-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Agree, thing I noticed was how the Hibs players were forming a protective shield round Lennon when he was being threatened by the Morton mob. Loved that, long may he be with us.

Who was the Morton player with the dark hair who looked to be trying to get at Lenny? No one seems to be mentioning him.

oldbutdim
01-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Aye a huv.

Naw ye huvnae.

Get someone to read it out to you.

Silly auld bugger.