PDA

View Full Version : Injuries to Andrew Shinnie & Jordon Forster

emerald green
30-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Any updates on the situation regarding the latest Hibs players literally kicked off the park?

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 06:04 PM
I hope that if NL is charged for last night, he then makes a strong point for the defence, regarding the ineptitude of refereeing standards

Ilovehibs
30-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Any updates on the situation regarding the latest Hibs players literally kicked off the park?

Both have shoulder injuries I think. Don't know the severity though.

Big_Franck
31-03-2017, 07:02 AM
No updates on injuries to our players has been a common theme this season. We see them being taken off and then we just have to guess over the next few weeks as to when they'll be back. Humphrey is a case in point. I wouldn't hold your breath for any updates on Shinnie or Forster. It's poor from the club.

Argylehibby
31-03-2017, 07:06 AM
No updates on injuries to our players has been a common theme this season. We see them being taken off and then we just have to guess over the next few weeks as to when they'll be back. Humphrey is a case in point. I wouldn't hold your breath for any updates on Shinnie or Forster. It's poor from the club.

The fans don't know that's true, but neither do the opposition managers. Why would you want to give them information to assist them with their tactics and even team selection? if anything we should be saying they are out when we know they're going to be playing.

Marco G
31-03-2017, 07:08 AM
If we hear from the club so do our opponents. Better to keep players' fitness issues under wraps imho.

since90plustwo
31-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Forster is toiling, pretty bad shoulder injury. 100% wont play Saturday - doubt for following game

Jones28
31-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Forster is toiling, pretty bad shoulder injury. 100% wont play Saturday - doubt for following game

Doesn't surprise me, when he went down you could see he'd done something straight away. Wonder if NL's reaction was worsened because he could see he was in pain?

green day
31-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Doesn't surprise me, when he went down you could see he'd done something straight away. Wonder if NL's reaction was worsened because he could see he was in pain?

Suspect that NLs reaction was because thats 2 matches on the trot that players have been deliberately injured and are now out of the team.

I dont get those saying "NL is a disgrace" when this kind of stuff is going on.

Mark Kerr as good as said that Shinnie was targetted by Falkirk, and the Morton boy was as clear a red as you will ever see.

Add to that the feigning a headbutt and I have to say, I would have gone radge as well.

Although the lad got sent off, the refs in this division are utter pony (Gary Oliver not being booked for his first 5 tackles case in point !!!)

scoopyboy
31-03-2017, 11:32 AM

David Gray possibly back.

Efe to centre half again.

Did we appeal Darren McGregor's red?

Jordon and Paul out?

GreenOnions
31-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Jordon and Paul out?

Is Hanlon out? I thought he was subbed just because he was tiring?

Franck Stanton
31-03-2017, 11:45 AM
We have appealed Fosters red card, quote rightly so, will be available for Sat appeal to be heard next The so depending on outcome MAY miss Morton game. Paul was subbed and is not injured.

CMurdoch
31-03-2017, 11:45 AM

Jordon and Paul out?

Appeal for McGregor so he will play on Saturday with appeal being heard next week

CorrieHibs
31-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Suspect that NLs reaction was because thats 2 matches on the trot that players have been deliberately injured and are now out of the team.

Mark Kerr as good as said that Shinnie was targetted by Falkirk, and the Morton boy was as clear a red as you will ever see.

Add to that the feigning a headbutt and I have to say, I would have gone radge as well.

Although the lad got sent off, the refs in this division are utter pony (Gary Oliver not being booked for his first 5 tackles case in point !!!)

I mentioned Gary Oliver not being booked as well to my mates at the game. Also their number 6 was booked for persisting fouling (after 4 fouls) however committed another 2 fouls after that and only got spoken to, he also got well involved at the end.

Hopefully Shinnie will be back on Saturday, I felt we missed him on Wednesday.

scoopyboy
31-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Appeal for McGregor so he will play on Saturday with appeal being heard next week

That's dangerous.

If he gets three game ban he's out cup semi.

Hope Hibs know what they're doing.

scoopyboy
31-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Is Hanlon out? I thought he was subbed just because he was tiring?

He was but is sore after playing so long.

Can't just rush players back and expect them to play two full games in three days after being out for nearly 3 months.

scoopyboy
31-03-2017, 11:53 AM
We have appealed Fosters red card, quote rightly so, will be available for Sat appeal to be heard next The so depending on outcome MAY miss Morton game. Paul was subbed and is not injured.

Positive?

KingFranck
31-03-2017, 12:23 PM

Are you saying Jordan was red carded ? I've missed that is it a typo and should say big Daz ?

Jones28
31-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Agree with all of this

green day
31-03-2017, 01:06 PM
He was but is sore after playing so long.

Can't just rush players back and expect them to play two full games in three days after being out for nearly 3 months.

He didn't though, he played a cameo in the Falkirk match, and almost a full match v Morton. EEN article today suggests hes fine, sore but nothing out the ordinary - says he was blowing out his arse at the end.

jeffers
31-03-2017, 01:24 PM
That's dangerous.

I wondered about that as well. I think after his comments after the game NL wasn't going to back down and not appeal, but it's a big gamble if it means Darren McGregor could miss the semi. It was never a head butt, but there was movement forward with his head albeit very slightly so it's nowhere near a given the appeal will succeed. I'd personally have given up on the appeal providing we have enough cover available for tomorrow.

scoopyboy
31-03-2017, 01:24 PM
He didn't though, he played a cameo in the Falkirk match, and almost a full match v Morton. EEN article today suggests hes fine, sore but nothing out the ordinary - says he was blowing out his arse at the end.

Who mentioned the Falkirk match?

I meant if he plays tomorrow that will be virtually two games in three days.

green day
31-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Who mentioned the Falkirk match?

I meant if he plays tomorrow that will be virtually two games in three days.
Aye, fair shout ignore me 😂😂

scoopyboy
31-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Aye, fair shout ignore me 😂😂

No intention of ignoring you, that would be rude.

I was more thinking if he was sore on Thursday morning he could be even sorer on Sunday morning if he played the full game at EEP.

I think Paul may be rested if David Gray returns at right back, pairing Efe and Darren in the middle. Not ideal as it's always a better combo with a right footer and a left footer but we don't want to have players coming back only to break down again. I'm sure that's why Dylan didn't start on Wednesday, I fully expect him to return to the starting eleven tomorrow.

green day
31-03-2017, 03:08 PM

I was more thinking if he was sore on Thursday morning he could be even sorer on Sunday morning if he played the full game at EEP.

I think Paul may be rested if David Gray returns at right back, pairing Efe and Darren in the middle. Not ideal as it's always a better combo with a right footer and a left footer but we don't want to have players coming back only to break down again. I'm sure that's why Dylan didn't start on Wednesday, I fully expect him to return to the starting eleven tomorrow.

Agreed on all of that.

Interesting point re players being put on "wrong" side. Lots of people having a pop at Forster on Saturday might not realise he is a right footed player being asked to shore up the left.

Good for him stepping in, i say.

jgl07
31-03-2017, 03:16 PM

I think Paul may be rested if David Gray returns at right back, pairing Efe and Darren in the middle.
That is why it makes sense to appeal the red card. Hanlon will be able to move in alongside Efe for the Morton away match if McGregor loses his appeal.

scoopyboy
31-03-2017, 03:22 PM
That is why it makes sense to appeal the red card. Hanlon will be able to move in alongside Efe for the Morton away match if McGregor loses his appeal.

Same at Hampden as well I suppose then?

B.H.F.C
31-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Same at Hampden as well I suppose then?

I saw somewhere (Evening News maybe) that McGregor would get a two match ban if it's not ricinded. So even if It's not recinded he'd be available for the semi. I assumed 'violent conduct' was a three game ban.

scoopyboy
31-03-2017, 03:42 PM
I saw somewhere (Evening News maybe) that McGregor would get a two match ban if it's not ricinded. So even if It's not refunded he'd be available for the semi. I assumed 'violent conduct' was a three game ban.

That would make sense, I thought violent conduct was a three match ban as well.

emerald green
31-03-2017, 05:06 PM
The thing that I find really worrying about the latest two Hibs players to be injured is that there seemed to be a clear intent to "get" the Hibs player, and cause an injury.

Football is a hard physical game and injuries can happen. No problem with that. When injuries are caused deliberately, that's a whole different ball game, and Neil Lennon was perfectly correct to be very angry by what took place right in front of the technical area on Wednesday night.

The Morton player had not been long on the pitch as a substitute when he "done" Forster. Coincidence I wonder?

His theatrics going down as if he'd been hit hard by Mike Tyson made me want to puke.

hibee62
31-03-2017, 07:00 PM
That would make sense, I thought violent conduct was a three match ban as well.

Have they not started adding games to the ban if they see the appeal as frivolous? That could see it going up to 3.

Borderhibbie76
31-03-2017, 08:16 PM
That's dangerous.

It's a 2 game ban according to EEN

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
31-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Have they not started adding games to the ban if they see the appeal as frivolous? That could see it going up to 3.
It's hardly a frivolous appeal mate have u seen the footage??

Argylehibby
31-03-2017, 08:59 PM
It's hardly a frivolous appeal mate have u seen the footage??

We might not think it's frivolous but that doesn't mean those hearing the case won't think or even want to consider it to be so.

AlbertK86
31-03-2017, 09:09 PM
We might not think it's frivolous but that doesn't mean those hearing the case won't think or even want to consider it to be so.

Hibs should bring up Kris Boyd head butt on Forster .... worse than Daz's but no punishment and Fyvie 2 match ban in incident with Halliday

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner