PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fan admits swinging a punch at Wallace

lucky
30-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Another Hibs in court today and from the report it appears that Lee Wallace was not touched. Wonder when the so called journalists are going issue a story correcting their fake news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39446695?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sportsound&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=scotland

CMurdoch
30-03-2017, 03:15 PM
This idiot boy was lucky not to get jail time.
Swung a punch at Wallace and assaulted 2 other people including striking someone with a chair.
Arse.
Has been leniently dealt with compared to those who merely gesticulated at Rangers players.

Bostonhibby
30-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Swung a punch at Wallace and assaulted 2 other people including striking someone with a chair.
Arse.
Has been leniently dealt with compared to those who merely gesticulated at Rangers players.
If thems the facts it's one bell end we could do without.

SaulGoodman
30-03-2017, 03:19 PM
I heard there was at least 8 punches.

Bostonhibby
30-03-2017, 04:01 PM
I just hope it doesn't bring it all back to haunt Wallace and he doesn't suffer flashbacks and the recurring nightmare of not being hit by a fresh air shot from a half wit.

Presumably the ones who physically assaulted all those huns will be up next? Plenty eminent eye witnesses at the time. BBC sportsound commentators if I remember correctly? They don't come more credible than that.

lyonhibs
30-03-2017, 04:03 PM
What a bellend.

hibs0666
30-03-2017, 07:00 PM
The bloke that admitted having a swing at Wallace, before punching a hun and hitting a huness with a chair has avoided the tin pail.

I'll be looking for his lawyers number if I'm ever caught on camera punching someone 5-6 or maybe 9 times.

ColinNish
30-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Arse.

Correct. The law is an ass.

hibbiedon
31-03-2017, 06:16 AM
If thems the facts it's one bell end we could do without.

My first thought as well but couple of points annoy me why mention he was a Hibs fan, I have only seen Hibs fans mentioned no other teams. Accused of hitting someone with a chair! Did he have the chair in his pocket and bring it from his house. I have never seen chairs or even tables at Hampden

lyonhibs
31-03-2017, 06:21 AM
My first thought as well but couple of points annoy me why mention he was a Hibs fan, I have only seen Hibs fans mentioned no other teams. Accused of hitting someone with a chair! Did he have the chair in his pocket and bring it from his house. I have never seen chairs or even tables at Hampden

I suspect they meant seat.

TrinityHibs
31-03-2017, 06:27 AM

the chair was one of those small collapsible aluminium things that some of the stewards/photographers sit on. It was not a weapon of mass destruction but you wouldn't want to be hit with it.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2017, 06:28 AM
The daily record highlighted that the fans carrying out the most serious assaults, and who really had no reason to be on the pitch enjoying the celebrations were West of Scotland FC fans and Scottish cup supporters.

Two new and violent groups of thugs. First exposed by Scotlands top investigative journalists. Looking forward to further revelations about this new and dangerous group.

And don't get me started about all the fans of a place called norn irn who seemed to be involved as well.

Jones28
31-03-2017, 06:58 AM
What a tit.

my left peg
31-03-2017, 07:17 AM
more hibs fans arrested yesterday....charged with minor offences....when will this farce end?

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

andyf5
31-03-2017, 07:27 AM
more hibs fans arrested yesterday....charged with minor offences....when will this farce end?

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk
Agreed. If this guy gets 250 hours community service and it's the worst of the assaults whats the public interest? The guy from Ratho who made an offensive gesture at Foderingham got the same sentance. Most of the Rangers fans pled not guilty which imho was the clever thing to do as the heat would be off once it came to trial or charges would be dropped.

Sylar
31-03-2017, 07:27 AM
He also admitted he had done cocaine, just to add to his horrendous behaviour.

Very surprised he didn't get jail time - a Rangers fan was recently jailed for 4 months for singing sectarian songs, but this guy gets 250 hours and a tag?! Since when are sectarian songs worse than 2 cases of assault, 1 case of attempted assault and a confession of having taken a class A narcotic?

Doesn't matter what team he supports, he's a walloper that deserved to see inside.

Cabbage East
31-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Very surprised he didn't get jail time - a Rangers fan was recently jailed for 4 months for singing sectarian songs, but this guy gets 250 hours and a tag?! Since when are sectarian songs worse than 2 cases of assault, 1 case of attempted assault and a confession of having taken a class A narcotic?

Doesn't matter what team he supports, he's a walloper that deserved to see inside.

You seem raging.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Lucky boy.

Regarding the sentencing it's a bit black and white to say X got off lightly and Y was harshly treated. A Sheriff will deal with multiple summary cases a day and won't have a lot of time to put too much thought into each one. They will base a lot of their judgement on pre sentencing reports. If this guy has been able to prove this behaviour was out of character with a couple of references, prove he's genuinely remorseful, is a 1st time offender and is assessed as lower risk of reoffending the a Sheriff will, correcrtly imo, do what they can to keep them out of prison. Likewise of someone is in court for non physical aggression but has multiple previous convictions, shows no remorse and is assessed as a high risk of reoffending then they have put themselves in an infinitely worse position.

Killiehibbie
31-03-2017, 08:34 AM

Doesn't matter what team he supports, he's a walloper that deserved to see inside.For all we know he might've been fighting off huns attacking him when he punched and used a chair. Newspapers are always very selective in what they print. First offenders rarely get locked up for minor offences and I don't see what good jailing him would do.

wookie70
31-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Barring the chair not too different to what Lennon and others did on Wednesday. I'd hate to see the Morton boy who was sent off reaction to being hit with a chair.

hibs0666
31-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Barring the chair not too different to what Lennon and others did on Wednesday. I'd hate to see the Morton boy who was sent off reaction to being hit with a chair.

Ehhh, nah.

Sylar
31-03-2017, 10:01 AM
You seem raging.

Raging would be overstating my mirth somewhat - idiots like him absolutely disgrace our club.

ancient hibee
31-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Strangely enough I didn't see Lennon hitting anyone far less a woman on Wednesday..So I think it's a long way different.

Brightside
31-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Strangely enough I didn't see Lennon hitting anyone far less a woman on Wednesday..So I think it's a long way different.

Even I wouldn't say it was the same thing... :greengrin

ancient hibee
31-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Even I wouldn't say it was the same thing... :greengrin
A sinner repenteth:greengrin

CMurdoch
31-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Lucky boy.

Regarding the sentencing it's a bit black and white to say X got off lightly and Y was harshly treated. A Sheriff will deal with multiple summary cases a day and won't have a lot of time to put too much thought into each one. They will base a lot of their judgement on pre sentencing reports. If this guy has been able to prove this behaviour was out of character with a couple of references, prove he's genuinely remorseful, is a 1st time offender and is assessed as lower risk of reoffending the a Sheriff will, correcrtly imo, do what they can to keep them out of prison. Likewise of someone is in court for non physical aggression but has multiple previous convictions, shows no remorse and is assessed as a high risk of reoffending then they have put themselves in an infinitely worse position.

Yeah your right with this.
He is almost certainly a first time offender hence act out of character and has shown regret at his behaviour with possibly persons speaking to his previous good character.
Felt sorry for the kid from Ratho who obviously wanted things sorted out straight away, pled guilty and was harshly treated because the heat was still on high.

Deansy
31-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Now that it's quite clear that -

Every Rangers player on pitch was attacked or spat on by Hibs fans during Hampden riot
- is a pack of lies and just an sensationalist head-line designed purely and simply to sell papers by an ailing tabloid (at the same time as playing-up to the Hun) anyone think Hibs should be contacting the 'Daily Rectum' with a view to obtaining a retraction, accompanied by a full front-page apology ?. And if it refuses, go to court, forcing it to reveal it's 'source' upon which this 'article' is apparently based ?

NAE NOOKIE
31-03-2017, 05:18 PM
There's plenty of reason to be annoyed by the reporting of the Huns as 'west of Scotland fan' and 'Scottish cup final fan' when Hibs fans appearing in court are reported as just that, Hibs fans ....... typical west of Scotland press afraid to offend their Old Firm core customer base.

That's one thing, but none of it, not a single jot, excuses anybody from aiming a punch at an opposition player in any circumstances no matter who they play for ....... this guy is not the sort of person I want to see following Hibs. I always think Hibs should act appropriately in the case of fan behaviour, a wee teenage laddie letting off a smoke bomb isn't a case for a lifetime ban IMO ... a ban to the end of the season and a promise to behave when he comes back is enough for me .... but attempting to assault opposition players crosses the line, lets hope he gets a lifetime ban.

Dashing Bob S
31-03-2017, 07:28 PM
I don't get this. I'm not a Hun lover by any means, but after winning the cup, my instinct would be to laugh at rather than swing at. This cretin got off lightly, and his silly actions probably brought a lot of heat onto fans who were doing more than being exuberant. (TM)

silverhibee
31-03-2017, 10:28 PM
From The Sun online.

CCTV APPEAL Cops hunting Rangers and Hibs Cup Final riot robs release 46 new images of suspects
Five more arrests were made recently over the violent scenes at the national stadium as fans clashed after the final whistle.

Seems like a even split this time, angry huns & happy Hibbies.

What a waste of f***ing money.

hibbiedon
01-04-2017, 06:16 AM
the chair was one of those small collapsible aluminium things that some of the stewards/photographers sit on. It was not a weapon of mass destruction but you wouldn't want to be hit with it.

so it was a stool not a chair, they would only call it a stool if it was a football fan based in the west of Scotland that had accidentally dropped it on a hibs hooligans head.