PDA

View Full Version : Is Humphrey going to feature again this season?

G B Young
30-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Chris Humphrey was, for me, a key January signing for Hibs but there's been no sign of him since limping off in the first few minutes of the cup win over Hearts. His absence lumps pretty much all the responsibility for wing play on to Boyle, who gives it his all but essentially we're in the same boat as we were prior to Humphrey's arrival ie crying out for more pace out wide.

Does anyone know if we'll see him again? He'd be a useful asset to help us over the finish line.

Jones28
30-03-2017, 12:27 PM
I'd totally forgotten about him.

JDHibs
30-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Strange situation.

Havent heard him mentioned since he got injured. Nobody in the know seems to have anything, NL hasnt mentioned him i dont think.

Been out for quite a few weeks now and not even a glimmer of him in the team.

Proved his worth on his debut in my opinion and definitely are lacking that now. Shinnie/Keats on the other wing from Boyle just isnt as good as having 2 players with out right pace on the wings.

SO no, havent heard when hes back

G B Young
30-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Strange situation.

Havent heard him mentioned since he got injured. Nobody in the know seems to have anything, NL hasnt mentioned him i dont think.

Been out for quite a few weeks now and not even a glimmer of him in the team.

Proved his worth on his debut in my opinion and definitely are lacking that now. Shinnie/Keats on the other wing from Boyle just isnt as good as having 2 players with out right pace on the wings.

SO no, havent heard when hes back

Given that it's obviously a fairly serious injury I'm guessing he's returned to Preston to recuperate.

Brightside
30-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Given that it's obviously a fairly serious injury I'm guessing he's returned to Preston to recuperate.

he was signed not loaned i thought?

nellio
30-03-2017, 01:18 PM
I'm sure they released him

Tom Hart RIP
30-03-2017, 01:18 PM
He was in the west upper last night. Big Liam was there as well on crutches so I don't think we will see him.

JDHibs
30-03-2017, 01:20 PM
Hes not on loan. He was released by Preston then signed on a short term deal by us until the end of the season, to prove himself for a longer contract.

Unless he gets back quickly, i doubt a deal will be offered, although he would be handy in the league above!

Andy74
30-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Hes not on loan. He was released by Preston then signed on a short term deal by us until the end of the season, to prove himself for a longer contract.

Unless he gets back quickly, i doubt a deal will be offered, although he would be handy in the league above!

That was the initial report, however Neil Lennon then said himself we had signed him on loan, so not sure what the story is. Either way I assume he will be available to sign next year if we want him.

Ozyhibby
30-03-2017, 02:23 PM
He was in the west upper last night. Big Liam was there as well on crutches so I don't think we will see him.

Fontaine has been confirmed out for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
30-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Saw Humphrey in the Upper West on Saturday in full hibs tracksuit so im guessing he is on the mend but not quite there yet.

J-C
30-03-2017, 02:44 PM

Might be the last we see him in a Hibs top, out of contract and I don't know if he's up for being a back up player.

HibsNutter
30-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Said he's back running, not as bad as he thought at the time. Won't be much longer but doubt we'll see the best of him this season. I'd consider signing him up and giving him a pre-season to get in shape.

Ozyhibby
30-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Might be the last we see him in a Hibs top, out of contract and I don't know if he's up for being a back up player.

I think so too. Been a good player for us but his age and frequency of his injuries probably counts against him.
The type of wages we can offer a player likely to be only used every now and again likely rules out someone like Fontaine who is probably based down south.

oneone73
30-03-2017, 05:26 PM
I think so too. Been a good player for us but his age and frequency of his injuries probably counts against him.
The type of wages we can offer a player likely to be only used every now and again likely rules out someone like Fontaine who is probably based down south.

Has he been injured that often? Genuine question btw.

Swedish hibee
30-03-2017, 05:43 PM
I've forgot about him too!

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Mentioned in the programme last night that he should be back soon.

Onceinawhile
30-03-2017, 06:23 PM

He's based in Bathgate.

Allant1981
30-03-2017, 08:09 PM
He's based in Bathgate.

yip, my aunt and uncles neighbour

Unseen work
30-03-2017, 08:15 PM
I think he will play against Aberdeen.

we are hibs
30-03-2017, 08:35 PM
I think he will play against Aberdeen.

So do I. I think both he and Boyle will do well at hampden.

Colr
30-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Mentioned in the programme last night that he should be back soon.

If very soon, that could be good timing. Last nights performance suggests we need a little freshening up.

ehf
30-03-2017, 09:25 PM
If very soon, that could be good timing. Last nights performance suggests we need a little freshening up.

:agree: Boyle gives everything but Humphrey's end-product is several notches above.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Would be a big boost for Hampden but prob a bit soon for him

calumhibee1
30-03-2017, 10:43 PM
:agree: Boyle gives everything but Humphrey's end-product is several notches above.

Humphrey has shown very little to suggest that. That's not me writing Humphrey off btw, but from what I've seen of the two of them I'd rather have Boyle.

Enough said
31-03-2017, 05:50 AM

We new that a couple of weeks ago

superfurryhibby
31-03-2017, 06:51 AM
Humphrey has shown very little to suggest that. That's not me writing Humphrey off btw, but from what I've seen of the two of them I'd rather have Boyle.

Humphrey had a good first half v Utd. He never impressed after.

allezsauzee
31-03-2017, 08:04 AM
He reminds me a bit of Tony Rougier in that he was either scoring/setting up goals or being absolutely useless. To me he is an impact player who would be better coming on as sub and using his pace when full backs are tiring a bit. Useful to have nevertheless and I think the big pitch at Hampden playing against a team who is attacking us could be just the situation where he would do well.

Onceinawhile
31-03-2017, 08:20 AM
yip, my aunt and uncles neighbour

They can't be far from me then. See him walking his dog and on the school run every once in a while.

Allant1981
31-03-2017, 08:45 AM
They can't be far from me then. See him walking his dog and on the school run every once in a while.

wont name the street but wester inch

TiaMaria
31-03-2017, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=G B Young;4993923]Chris Humphrey was, for me, a key January signing for Hibs but there's been no sign of him since limping off in the first few minutes of the cup win over Hearts. His absence lumps pretty much all the responsibility for wing play on to Boyle, who gives it his all but essentially we're in the same boat as we were prior to Humphrey's arrival ie crying out for more pace out wide.

Does anyone know if we'll see him again? He'd be a useful asset to help us over the finish line.

[Chris was in the Hospitality Suite on Wednesday and confirmed that he has done some jogging and hopes to get back training next week.]

BonnieFitbaTeam
31-03-2017, 12:15 PM
He reminds me a bit of Tony Rougier in that he was either scoring/setting up goals or being absolutely useless. To me he is an impact player who would be better coming on as sub and using his pace when full backs are tiring a bit. Useful to have nevertheless and I think the big pitch at Hampden playing against a team who is attacking us could be just the situation where he would do well.

This is something of a myth, is it not? The Hampden pitch is, I believe, almost exactly the same size as ER.

Dublin07
31-03-2017, 12:29 PM

Another victim of a shocking tackle and I don't think we even got a foul for it let alone the red card it deserved.

Shrekko
31-03-2017, 12:52 PM
This is something of a myth, is it not? The Hampden pitch is, I believe, almost exactly the same size as ER.

Another developing myth is that Humphrey still has pace. He's not shown it so far.

Hopefully he can get back though as the more fit players we have the better.

Unseen work
31-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Another developing myth is that Humphrey still has pace. He's not shown it so far.

Hopefully he can get back though as the more fit players we have the better.

He did look quite slow against united on his debut right enough....seem to recall him crawling past Dixon before whipping in a perfect cross for Cummings.