PDA

View Full Version : Now That The Dust Has Settled

Dashing Bob S
30-03-2017, 08:02 AM
A hotly contested affair between two dedicated teams, but both lacking in inspiration, the game rendered a farce at the end due to poor officiating.

Not the great dominant performance from Hibs, but while we seldom looked like winning, we never looked like losing either, and Morton didn't show anything to suggest the three points at Capplielow are a given for them. They had to win, and are now probably fighting for second.

All in all, we consolidated our grip, without putting the League to bed.

Roll on Saturday, and a trip to Dunfermline.

jacomo
30-03-2017, 08:10 AM
Hope everybody had a good nights sleep.

0 punches thrown, 10 points ahead, 6 to play, SC semi final.

Repeat until calm.

Pretty Boy
30-03-2017, 08:13 AM
We'll win the league, hopefully sooner rather than later so we can enjoy the semi final with no other pressures.

I'm totally bored of this league and this Hibs team. Sooner the season is over the better and hopefully we can look forward to new faces, new opponents and a new style next season.

Golden Bear
30-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Now that the dust has settled I am still very disappointed in the performance last night. Morton deserved their point and were marginally the better team over the piece. We'll have a battle on our hands at Dunfermline on Saturday and with the assistance of our midfield players, I hope our strikers can regain some goalscoring form.

There's work still to be done, make no mistake about it.

The Modfather
30-03-2017, 08:30 AM
We'll win the league, hopefully sooner rather than later so we can enjoy the semi final with no other pressures.

I'm totally bored of this league and this Hibs team. Sooner the season is over the better and hopefully we can look forward to new faces, new opponents and a new style next season.

Spot on S. Going to Easter Road has felt a chore a fair bit this season, particularly recently.

I hope Lennon admits himself the last two transfer windows were a bit of a disaster and our style (slow plodding tempo, lack of natural width and quality and minimal chances created) is a means to an end and not Lennons desired style. Not sure I'd want to go every week if this season was the norm.

MikeyS
30-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Hope everybody had a good nights sleep.

especially .net's very own Keith Jackson who was on a crusade to tell anyone that would listen he witnessed 4,5,8 or 9 punches thrown from our manager. :greengrin

Steve20
30-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Poor game last night. We will hopefully win the league before the semi final, but we need to start turning draws into wins or if, and it's only an if, a team below goes on a big run from now on, it could get tight.

Time to put this league away starting with a win on Saturday.

SMAXXA
30-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Spot on S. Going to Easter Road has felt a chore a fair bit this season, particularly recently.

I hope Lennon admits himself the last two transfer windows were a bit of a disaster and our style (slow plodding tempo, lack of natural width and quality and minimal chances created) is a means to an end and not Lennons desired style. Not sure I'd want to go every week if this season was the norm.

Not necessarily he signed Humphreys so we could have had him and Boyle on the winds to give us some of that just unfortunate with injuries. We have had our fair share of them this season to key players in fairness.

Agree with the points made and also can't wait for a fresh start next season

calumhibee1
30-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Now that the dust has settled I am still very disappointed in the performance last night. Morton deserved their point and were marginally the better team over the piece. We'll have a battle on our hands at Dunfermline on Saturday and with the assistance of our midfield players, I hope our strikers can regain some goalscoring form.

Morton never had a chance from closer than 25 yards last night and Marciano never had to make a save of note. McGinn hit the post, Cummings had a good effort saved in the first half and Graham should have scored with his header. While we were fairly poor I'd definitely say that we deserved to win the game.

Baw187
30-03-2017, 09:13 AM
Morton never had a chance from closer than 25 yards last night and Marciano never had to make a save of note. McGinn hit the post, Cummings had a good effort saved in the first half and Graham should have scored with his header. While we were fairly poor I'd definitely say that we deserved to win the game.

To sum it up, we had the most clear cut chances but they had a lot of the midfield. Our defence never gave them much of a sniff though despite their possession.

Therefore, if any team deserved to win it was us.

California-Hibs
30-03-2017, 09:14 AM

This. Morton didn't deserve their point at all. On chances on a whole as you've said, we deserved the win between the teams.

mjhibby
30-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Morton have scored one goal in the last three games and were incredibly lucky to beat Falkirk who hit the woodwork twice. I doubt they are suddenly going to beat everbody. They may sneaks wins but are just as likely to lose 1-0. They are your typical championship team,set up to try and nick a win or get a point at worst. As has been said,didnt test Marciano at all and are away to Dumbarton on Saturday,their third game in 8 days. Who would your money be on. Let's just get out of the league and look forward to next season. This season will be consigned to the bin once we are up.

mjhibby
30-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Bar the scottish cup run of course.

jgl07
30-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Not necessarily he signed Humphreys so we could have had him and Boyle on the winds to give us some of that just unfortunate with injuries. We have had our fair share of them this season to key players in fairness.

Agree with the points made and also can't wait for a fresh start next season

They would have blown the opposition away!

greenpaper55
30-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Teams sitting are very hard to break down no matter what level, we have a better chance of beating them at their place as they have to win. I have a feeling we will win the league but it will be a stagger over the line rather than winning at a canter, we very rarely make it easy for ourselves.