PDA

View Full Version : Set piece tactics

eastcoasthibby
30-03-2017, 07:48 AM
I started a thread earlier in the week about corners and our tactics ..
Well guess what we were back at it again last night with 6-7 corners or free kicks being played to or ending up in the back post area with none of our players there ... Why oh why not ? Are they told to all pile in beside the keeper, naive in their poor reading of the game or just to absorbed in ball watching and not thinking.
What are Lennon and his coaching team watching as certainly around me its a major talking /moaning point that there is such a waste in such a strong attacking position .. It needs to get sorted its basic !!!

Hibeewilly
30-03-2017, 08:00 AM
I started a thread earlier in the week about corners and our tactics ..
Well guess what we were back at it again last night with 6-7 corners or free kicks being played to or ending up in the back post area with none of our players there ... Why oh why not ? Are they told to all pile in beside the keeper, naive in their poor reading of the game or just to absorbed in ball watching and not thinking.
What are Lennon and his coaching team watching as certainly around me its a major talking /moaning point that there is such a waste in such a strong attacking position .. It needs to get sorted its basic !!!
Agree totally. I mentioned it to my mates all game. Unbelievable the amount of set pieces that were over hit!