Duffy asked him for a square go :greengrin

Liam6270
29-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Lennon is not a happy man and rightly so

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/847202976674582528/video/1

SaulGoodman
29-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Well done for defending the players.

Probably get stick for this but I like having a manager that's not going to take *****.

hibbysam
https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/847202976674582528

Duffy asked him for a square go :greengrin

Absolutely love the man. That is exactly the type of manager I'd want to come in and work for day in day out. One that will have my back. As I said elsewhere, no longer are Hibernian football club a soft bunch of spineless pushovers.

LaMotta
Lennon is not a happy man and rightly so

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/847202976674582528/video/1

fixing link

Liam6270
29-03-2017, 09:58 PM
fixing link

Cheers 👍

Craig_in_Prague
29-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Go on Neil.

LaMotta
Cheers 👍

good find....cant disagree with anything Lennon says.

Tamhere1875
At last a manager who is not going to take any crap

WhileTheChief..
29-03-2017, 10:02 PM
:top marks
Absolutely love the man. That is exactly the type of manager I'd want to come in and work for day in day out. One that will have my back. As I said elsewhere, no longer are Hibernian football club a soft bunch of spineless pushovers.

100% agreed. Scary how much I love him as our manager. My favourite Hibs manager by miles now.

Ilovehibs
Good to hear Daz's red will be appealed.

BoomtownHibees
Exactly what I want from the manager of my football club

green day
Brilliant, honest, heartfelt assessment. I think our players and management have every right to be annoyed, ESP since seeing the SSN pictures.

hfc rd

Took the words right out of my mouth Sam.

It's really bemusing that some folk don't want him here! Should we hire a Mr nice guy like Cathro?

Mr White
If what he says is true then I'm right behind him. Lets face it, it wouldn't be the first time Jim Duffy has made an absolute **** of himself in the technical area at easter road.

Baw187
Good lad Lennon!!! Tell it like it is.

What Duffy was doing going radge is anyone's guess.

CMac1988
29-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Exactly what you want in your manager. Someone that will defend you and have your back when needed.

I did say in another thread that perhaps he needs to cool it a bit but ultimately what else can you do in that situation. You can't argue much with what he says.

P.s. why is it Clyde 1 doing an interview and not Forth?

BoomtownHibees
29-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Looking at one of the pics from The ****, how on earth did the referee no see the boy faking injury and had to check with the lino??

Dublin07
29-03-2017, 10:04 PM
That's as good a clip as I have ever seen from a hibs manager after a game. His player has been the victim of a disgusting challenge. The same guy then falls over to get his captain sent off. He is hardly going to shake the guys hand. He then has the Morton bench asking for a square go and stands up for himself and his team.

marinello59
29-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Wasn't sure what to think after reading some of the comments on the match thread. After seeing this and the Sky footage I can't see what Lennon has done wrong tonight.

Hibeesforever
29-03-2017, 10:05 PM
The faking injury is the worst part. Well done Neil for standing up for Hibernian.

ancient hibee
29-03-2017, 10:06 PM
He saw exactly what I saw.He's described what happened perfectly.

Vault Boy
29-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Passion.

givescotlandfreedom
29-03-2017, 10:08 PM
You tell 'em Neil. Great passion for his players.

CMac1988
29-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Wasn't sure what to think after reading some of the comments on the match thread. After seeing this and the Sky footage I can't see what Lennon has done wrong tonight.

Yet there's folk on other threads saying he's out of order and shouldn't be anywhere near the club. There either at the wind and fishing or are completely out if touch with the reasons this club is where it's at. You want heart, fight and passion? Well there it is.

RamYer1902
29-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Neil Lennon is our manager and I'm ****ing proud to say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve20
29-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Don't think Lennon has done that great a job but he's 100% correct in sticking up for himself and the players with that at the end. The Morton player and tried to break Forsters leg and Jim Duffy was disgraceful.

The Harp Awakes
29-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Brilliant how we have a Club who won't just sit back and be cannon fodder any more. The crooked refs and hammer throwers in this league would have been enough to make us surrender in years gone by. No more. Well done Neil Lennon.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 10:22 PM
People who don't like Lennon and talk of "class" need to see that for too long we've had "ehm well maybe I was wrong and I'll need to change and blah blah blah" essentially just blaming themselves (the manager that is) rather than the officials, opposing players and opposing teams. What did that get us? Decline and relegation. We can't appreciate Leeann for doing virtually the same - standing up for the club - and whine at Lennon...

Lennon is 100% right and he has my backing. From what I see he separates Duffy from McGregor as well so Duffy should be the one with the lengthy ban and so should his player. Shocking behaviour from a club I hope wither back down to where they belong. Pace and fitness is all they have, no skill. Prefer Falkirk or Dundee United to come up if any.

CathroMustStay
29-03-2017, 10:25 PM
People who don't like Lennon and talk of "class" need to see that for too long we've had "ehm well maybe I was wrong and I'll need to change and blah blah blah" essentially just blaming themselves (the manager that is) rather than the officials, opposing players and opposing teams. What did that get us? Decline and relegation. We can't appreciate Leeann for doing virtually the same - standing up for the club - and whine at Lennon...

Lennon is 100% right and he has my backing. From what I see he separates Duffy from McGregor as well so Duffy should be the one with the lengthy ban and so should his player. Shocking behaviour from a club I hope wither back down to where they belong. Pace and fitness is all they have, no skill. Prefer Falkirk or Dundee United to come up if any.

Correct sir.

Lee Marvin
29-03-2017, 10:27 PM
You know what is embarrassing, all these idiots on the match thread saying that lennon is a disgrace and is no hibs manager.

Video evidence proves beyond all doubt that no hibs players or staff acted that badly. Morton players and staff are the ones who should be embarrassed

CathroMustStay
29-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Morton player makes a dangerous foul against our player.

Morton player feigns injury like a pussy.

Morton manager - a bald, knuckle dragging cretin - comes into our manager's technical area for a "square go".

And unlike Colin Calderwood and others of that ilk, damn effing right our manager won't take that ****.

Neil Francis Lennon, soon-to-be Hibs Championship winning manager, I salute you sir. :flag:

hfc rd
29-03-2017, 10:29 PM

Would prefer Dundee United or the 11th placed Premiership team in the play-off to join us in the Premiership next season. Falkirk and Morton can rot with the garbage.

hibsitis
29-03-2017, 10:29 PM
There's not much focus on our performance here. It's hard to believe duff Jimmy didn't orchestrate this and Lennon took the bait. Sets the tone for the next game which won't be about skill which suits them. Also moves analysis away from a really poor Hibs performance which no doubt suits Lennon too. The narrative tonight shouldn't be about injustice it should be about our lack of capability.

MWHIBBIES
29-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Proud of him. Tackle was disgraceful and the boys actions afterwards were ****ing pathetic. Lennon absolutely right to defend his players.

iwasthere1972
29-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Not often I do but as I left with a minute or so to go before the finish, I missed the drama that unfolded. Heard the boos and Lennon's Green Army chant as I was making my way out the ground. I could only therefore go by what people were saying at the bus stop and what I read on Hibs.net on the bus on the way home.

All the talk about Lennon throwing five punches and being a disgrace appears to be OTT and unfounded looking at the clip on SSN. Seriously couldn't see any punches being thrown. Yes Lennon was on the park getting involved but who can blame him. Having to sit there week after week watching our players getting hacked down by the likes of the Falkirk thugs and now Morton and in the main them getting away with it. It's the officials who should be receiving a lengthy ban for their incompetence. Absolute disgrace what they get away with.

Now watched the Lennon interview and have to say well done for standing up for his players and for confirming that the red card will be appealed. A good passionate interview. :aok:

madhatter
29-03-2017, 10:33 PM
There's not much focus on our performance here. It's hard to believe duff Jimmy didn't orchestrate this and Lennon took the bait. Sets the tone for the next game which won't be about skill which suits them. Also moves analysis away from a really poor Hibs performance which no doubt suits Lennon too. The narrative tonight shouldn't be about injustice it should be about our lack of capability.

No sorry that is wrong. We played badly but a player getting scythed down in the 90+ minute and then the perpetrator feigning a headbutt is more of a talking point. We were pretty inept but to just ignore the last 5 minutes would be false. Need a club who batters home on injustice rather than just take it. We've had Bartley sent off twice this season for nothing and now McGregor...cheating is the focus and getting out of this league through whatever way possible.

angus hibby
29-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Not often I do but as I left with a minute or so to go before the finish, I missed the drama that unfolded. Heard the boos and Lennon's Green Army chant as I was making my way out the ground. I could only therefore go by what people were saying at the bus stop and what I read on Hibs.net on the bus on the way home.

All the talk about Lennon throwing five punches and being a disgrace appears to be OTT and unfounded looking at the clip on SSN. Seriously couldn't see any punches being thrown. Yes Lennon was on the park getting involved but who can blame him. Having to sit there week after week watching our players getting hacked down by the likes of the Falkirk thugs and now Morton and in the main them getting away with it. It's the officials who should be receiving a lengthy ban for their incompetence. Absolute disgrace what they get away with.

Now watched the Lennon interview and have to say well done for standing up for his players and for confirming that the red card will be appealed. A good passionate interview. :aok:

Nail on the head. Well said. After tonight, even more delighted Lennon is our manager.

hibsitis
29-03-2017, 10:49 PM
No sorry that is wrong. We played badly but a player getting scythed down in the 90+ minute and then the perpetrator feigning a headbutt is more of a talking point. We were pretty inept but to just ignore the last 5 minutes would be false. Need a club who batters home on injustice rather than just take it. We've had Bartley sent off twice this season for nothing and now McGregor...cheating is the focus and getting out of this league through whatever way possible.
Really? So the nonsense at the end trumps the awful performance? Jeez.

Captain Trips
29-03-2017, 10:52 PM
The only complaint I have over this is Lennon didn't manage to kick Duff Jimmy square in the balls.

grammyb111
29-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Exactly what you want in your manager. Someone that will defend you and have your back when needed.

I did say in another thread that perhaps he needs to cool it a bit but ultimately what else can you do in that situation. You can't argue much with what he says.

P.s. why is it Clyde 1 doing an interview and not Forth?

All press were there, it's just that the girl from Clyde recorded it on her ipad ;-)

EskbankHibby
29-03-2017, 10:56 PM

Would you have taken 10 points clear at this stage of the season before the season started?

chrisski33
29-03-2017, 10:56 PM
You know what is embarrassing, all these idiots on the match thread saying that lennon is a disgrace and is no hibs manager.

Video evidence proves beyond all doubt that no hibs players or staff acted that badly. Morton players and staff are the ones who should be embarrassed
Aye one even saying he'll still have a drink with lenny on sat night but will sit here slating him!

CMac1988
29-03-2017, 11:06 PM
All press were there, it's just that the girl from Clyde recorded it on her ipad ;-)

In that case I'll let it slide... ;)

Crab apple
29-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Would prefer Dundee United or the 11th placed Premiership team in the play-off to join us in the Premiership next season. Falkirk and Morton can rot with the garbage.

That would be my preference too.

Stevie Reid
29-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Love the man.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 11:24 PM

A little in this case and at this time. We have McGregor banned at the moment until it, surely, gets rescinded so as you can imagine the "nonsense" at the end takes precedence at the moment.

Can I ask if Forster had a broken leg would you still have the same view of the "nonsense" being less important than the awful performance?

scotiaf
30-03-2017, 02:32 AM
There is without a doubt a lot of hibs fans that don't seem to take to Neil Lennon and are happy to be jumping on anything. A managers and captains job is to protect your players and in all honesty that is what has happened last night. Neil Lennon has so far won every big game he has had to and yes a win last night would have taking us very close to the league. However a win this weekend and a draw next week would take us closer. He said he would win the league and potentially ugly and so far that looks the case. If we don't win the league I'll be the first man to start a Lennon out post :)

judas
30-03-2017, 05:50 AM
Yet there's folk on other threads saying he's out of order and shouldn't be anywhere near the club. There either at the wind and fishing or are completely out if touch with the reasons this club is where it's at. You want heart, fight and passion? Well there it is.

I wasn't at the game and didn't see the incident. But I have since spoken with my dad and a mate who are both pro Lennon. They thought Lennon's behaviour was an embarrassment to the club and completely over the top reaction.

green day
30-03-2017, 05:53 AM
I wasn't at the game and didn't see the incident. But I have since spoken with my dad and a mate who are both pro Lennon. They thought Lennon's behaviour was an embarrassment to the club and completely over the top reaction.

Your old man and his mate might review their assessment after looking at the very clear SSN footage.

BigKev
30-03-2017, 05:56 AM

Why not view it first, not as if there's no highlights of it... a lot of people were quick to chastise Lennon before they seen it again and ended up looking pretty foolish.

He reacted in a manner I'd suggest the majority would if being asked for a square go in the aftermath of an assault on a team/clubmate.

hibsbollah
30-03-2017, 05:58 AM
Great interview:aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
30-03-2017, 06:04 AM
We are all Neil Lennon

Biggie
30-03-2017, 06:10 AM
We are all Neil Lennon

This. Sooner we're out this league the better

heretoday
30-03-2017, 06:18 AM

It's not the first time he's reacted like this. He obviously has a mental problem and wants counselling although I can't believe he hasn't been down that road already.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-03-2017, 06:20 AM
It's not the first time he's reacted like this. He obviously has a mental problem and wants counselling although I can't believe he hasn't been down that road already.

You are oblivious to the fact he has depression and has been down this road many times but offset it against stating he clearly has problems? I'd say that's hardly a sound working knowledge of the man that qualifies you to make such a statement.

Scottie
30-03-2017, 06:23 AM
We are all Neil Lennon
:agree: At last a Hibs manager that won't take any crap from anyone. How long have we all been waiting to see that? :aok:

Pretty Boy
30-03-2017, 06:31 AM
You are oblivious to the fact he has depression and has been down this road many times but offset it against stating he clearly has problems? I'd say that's hardly a sound working knowledge of the man that qualifies you to make such a statement.

But it's ok for you to call out a player for having injuries 'in their head' on another thread?

Peevemor
30-03-2017, 06:32 AM

Reaction being the key word. He instigated nothing and his reaction is understandable.

eastcoasthibby
30-03-2017, 07:03 AM
If you look at the facts what went on in the initial part of this was not that unusual an awful tackle when the game was almost over, a reaction because of where it happened ..but nothing to different from what has been seen all over the football world ..what kicks it off is when Duffy appears in the Hibs technical area and is straight into Lennon's face, if he had stayed where he should have been it would not have kicked off the way it did..the Morton player Forbes I think who came back a few times wanting to get towards Lennon needs retrospective action. With regards to McGregor sending of the animal commits an awful tackle 2 players square up, as happens frequently with the 90% outcome 2 yellows ..there player cheats by feigning head butt, TV footage shows no headbutt .. Outcome should have been straight red for the tackle and if ref bottled that which was a possibility given his lenient handling of the game a second yellow for the numpty and at worst yellow for Daz for squaring up to him ..equals a second yellow and red for the animal..
Whatever has gone on Lennon was absolutely irate and he may have a reputation but something has been said by Duffy and Hus clan which provoked that level of response,...
Warchi g it unfold no one else on Hibs bench reacted over the odds, but it looks like the majority if the Morton bench came over aggressively to the Hibs technical area and got involved, I note a grey haired guy from their bench ..trying to get at Lennon when the bottle merchant Duffy had been ushered away a couple of yards .. If their behaviour us not looked at more seriously than ours then bias theory will add more fuel to the fire !!!
Game there needs,a top grade referee for it cos they will come out very aggressively to try and make it a physical battle to wind us up and with the p&as poor leniency watched in recent weeks, it has the signs of being another refereeing farce ....

Pedantic_Hibee
30-03-2017, 07:07 AM
But it's ok for you to call out a player for having injuries 'in their head' on another thread?

That's based on comments made from Hibs backroom staff, albeit I received that information second hand. I also used the word 'suspect' so I wasn't stating it matter of factly.

JDHibs
30-03-2017, 07:13 AM
Lennon played this one really well in my opinion.

He had every right to go nuts about the challenge. Forster was going no where, so no need to try and break his leg. NL didnt leave his technical area, until, he was challenge by Mortons back room staff. So was clearly provoked into his reaction. As he rightly said, Duffer wasnt coming over for a bloody chat.

Id imagine we will appeal both reds, DM and NL and probably win, atleast with DM, because that play acting was pathetic, although DM did leave himself wide open for it by going head to head.

Nice to have a manage who stands up for himself but the players, must give the players confidence. Too many managers are too PC nowadays, not looking to be fined etc.

heretoday
30-03-2017, 08:07 AM

I don't know the guy or his medical records but you can't have the manager going onto the pitch swinging punches.

Peevemor
30-03-2017, 08:08 AM
I don't know the guy or his medical records but you can't have the manager going onto the pitch swinging punches.

Just as well he didn't then.

Hiber-nation
30-03-2017, 08:14 AM
I liked what he did up to a point. When his own players were having to hold him back that's when it got a bit silly.

CentreLine
30-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Just wait until we've had the year long police Scotland investigation then we'll know who did what

Joe6-2
30-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Just saw the 'incidents' on sky, what a joke, Daz or Lennon should never have been shown reds, as usual, absolutely chronic refereeing, is everyone of our refs totally incompetent cheats?

Sammy7nil
30-03-2017, 08:31 AM
I don't know NL however I really disliked him as a player to me he came across as a nasty horrible wee man with a chip on his shoulder who would kick his granny if he thought it would help the team or wind up the opposition. Also thought he had very limited ability.

I did not want him to manage Hibs.

So background over NL has done just fine yes I hoped for better results and better football but the point was promotion nothing else. It appears he will achieve that. He has also stopped Hibs being a soft touch something that has driven me mad for 30 years. How many times were we bullied in Derbies? Well it appears that wont be happening anytime soon.

NL did what any reasonable hyped up person would do last night he stood his corner and supported his team when he was confronted by someone screaming for square go.

As I said i never liked NL but he did nothing wrong and I respect him for stance and for removing our soft touch tag.

CentreLine
30-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Just wait until we've had the year long police Scotland investigation then we'll know who did what

Big L
30-03-2017, 11:38 AM
The tackle was a really bad one, the guy acted as if he'd been shot when McGregor moved his head towards him. Duffy his staff and some players were over agressive and in our area, Lennon reacted very agressive and they will throw the book at him, he won't be the only one who gets it tight!

hibbydog
30-03-2017, 11:42 AM

Likewise, I am awaiting The Rangers' statement on this latest display of thuggery from Hibernian FC.

A European ban surely awaits.....

Lago
30-03-2017, 12:05 PM
:agree: At last a Hibs manager that won't take any crap from anyone. How long have we all been waiting to see that? :aok:
Since the days of Eddie Hunter Turnbull & his Tornadoes. He would have reacted exactly the same.:agree:

lord bunberry
30-03-2017, 12:18 PM
I just watched his hibs tv interview and they don't even talk about the incident at the end, must've been edited out. :greengrin

Deansy
30-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Looking at one of the pics from The ****, how on earth did the referee no see the boy faking injury and had to check with the lino??

Exactly what I said - it happened right in front of him ................. which doesn't bode well for McGregor's appeal if, for some un-worldy explanation, he truly didn't see it ! Then again, he's a Scottish ref so he's probably a member of that club where you roll your trousers up and do strange things to goats

Sioux
30-03-2017, 12:46 PM

FFS no' another one!!!!!

Think you should go to Specsavers.

147lothian
30-03-2017, 12:51 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gifWell said, What did Lennon react to? an awful leg breaking tackle same player coning the ref to get McGregor sent off, then slap head Duffy rushing to his technical area, a 'nice guy' manager might sit back and accept this but he wouldn't get us out this league IMO

AgentDaleCooper
30-03-2017, 12:55 PM
IMO lennon has played this brilliantly, acted like a manager and a captain combined, showing the commitment to his players that he wants from them. The only way he went even slightly wrong was not being a bit more diplomatic in the post game interview, but that said, he showed that he will put his neck on the line for the club, which can only serve to galvanise the players. The game at morton should be a tasty affair, and there's no doubt that hibs will be up for it now :aok:

Sioux
30-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Duffy;

"Firstly, I would like to say that I watched the footage on television last night and, from my point of view, I was embarrassed when I saw my reaction."

I am not going to get involved in a public debate with the Hibs manager, but what I would state is that I categorically, 100 per cent did not ask for a ‘square go’ or use anything even remotely like that term. Yes, I acted immaturely – but I’m not 12 years old".

Morton's website.

Mr White
30-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Duffy;

"Firstly, I would like to say that I watched the footage on television last night and, from my point of view, I was embarrassed when I saw my reaction."

I am not going to get involved in a public debate with the Hibs manager, but what I would state is that I categorically, 100 per cent did not ask for a ‘square go’ or use anything even remotely like that term. Yes, I acted immaturely – but I’m not 12 years old.

It's a shame he isn't 12 years old as he wouldn't have been around to relegate us by signing pish like Power, Tosh & McQuilken 20 years ago.

Deansy
30-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Any fight's embarrassing and the Lennon V Duffy clash did carry on a bit too long making it worse !. However, although I wasn't too happy with NL's appointment (and the way we are playing right now) his actions last night made me proud to be a Hibee !. I don't think Duffy actually said anything about a 'Square go' but rather that his actions implied it - and he almost got it !. For far too long we've had people at ER who are more than happy to roll over and walk away when the going gets rough - no more !. No doubt the GFA will come down heavily on NL and McGregor (the 'Head-butt' that DIDN'T happen was right in front of the ref but he STILL sent him off ??) and the media will see to it that somehow Hibs get 100% of the blame- but know what ?. I couldn't give 2 FF's - behind-the-scenes, Lennie will be telling the players - '****** EM ALL - GET OUT THERE AND REALLY P*SS THE B*****S OFF BY WINNING' !

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Morton player makes a dangerous foul against our player.

Morton player feigns injury like a pussy.

Morton manager - a bald, knuckle dragging cretin - comes into our manager's technical area for a "square go".

And unlike Colin Calderwood and others of that ilk, damn effing right our manager won't take that ****.

Neil Francis Lennon, soon-to-be Hibs Championship winning manager, I salute you sir. :flag:

Calderwood would have put Duffy on his arse, he was no soft touch in that regards.

WhileTheChief..
30-03-2017, 01:30 PM
If nothing else the whole squad will be fired up by this.

Gauranteed the players will have loved seeing Lennon's reaction. Couldn't have asked for a better way to galvanise the Club at this stage of the season.

Dunfermline are in for a hiding on Saturday.

mjhibby
30-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Any fight's embarrassing and the Lennon V Duffy clash did carry on a bit too long making it worse !. However, although I wasn't too happy with NL's appointment (and the way we are playing right now) his actions last night made me proud to be a Hibee !. I don't think Duffy actually said anything about a 'Square go' but rather that his actions implied it - and he almost got it !. For far too long we've had people at ER who are more than happy to roll over and walk away when the going gets rough - no more !. No doubt the GFA will come down heavily on NL and McGregor (the 'Head-butt' that DIDN'T happen was right in front of the ref but he STILL sent him off ??) and the media will see to it that somehow Hibs get 100% of the blame- but know what ?. I couldn't give 2 FF's - behind-the-scenes, Lennie will be telling the players - '****** EM ALL - GET OUT THERE AND REALLY P*SS THE B*****S OFF BY WINNING' !

Amen to that. Totally agree. Siege mentality didn't do fergies teams any harm.

Peevemor
30-03-2017, 01:32 PM
If nothing else the whole squad will be fired up by this.

Gauranteed the players will have loved seeing Lennon's reaction. Couldn't have asked for a better way to galvanise the Club at this stage of the season.

Dunfermline are in for a hiding on Saturday.

:agree: I saw Rocky giving him a big cuddle - he couldn't help himself. :greengrin

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 01:35 PM
If you look at the facts what went on in the initial part of this was not that unusual an awful tackle when the game was almost over, a reaction because of where it happened ..but nothing to different from what has been seen all over the football world ..what kicks it off is when Duffy appears in the Hibs technical area and is straight into Lennon's face, if he had stayed where he should have been it would not have kicked off the way it did..the Morton player Forbes I think who came back a few times wanting to get towards Lennon needs retrospective action. With regards to McGregor sending of the animal commits an awful tackle 2 players square up, as happens frequently with the 90% outcome 2 yellows ..there player cheats by feigning head butt, TV footage shows no headbutt .. Outcome should have been straight red for the tackle and if ref bottled that which was a possibility given his lenient handling of the game a second yellow for the numpty and at worst yellow for Daz for squaring up to him ..equals a second yellow and red for the animal..
Whatever has gone on Lennon was absolutely irate and he may have a reputation but something has been said by Duffy and Hus clan which provoked that level of response,...
Warchi g it unfold no one else on Hibs bench reacted over the odds, but it looks like the majority if the Morton bench came over aggressively to the Hibs technical area and got involved, I note a grey haired guy from their bench ..trying to get at Lennon when the bottle merchant Duffy had been ushered away a couple of yards .. If their behaviour us not looked at more seriously than ours then bias theory will add more fuel to the fire !!!
Game there needs,a top grade referee for it cos they will come out very aggressively to try and make it a physical battle to wind us up and with the p&as poor leniency watched in recent weeks, it has the signs of being another refereeing farce ....

Or you could say it kicked off because Lennon left his technical area and entered the field of play to have a go at the Morton player and duff Jim and his mob reacted to Lennon being on the pitch.

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Lennon played this one really well in my opinion.

He had every right to go nuts about the challenge. Forster was going no where, so no need to try and break his leg. NL didnt leave his technical area, until, he was challenge by Mortons back room staff. So was clearly provoked into his reaction. As he rightly said, Duffer wasnt coming over for a bloody chat.

Id imagine we will appeal both reds, DM and NL and probably win, atleast with DM, because that play acting was pathetic, although DM did leave himself wide open for it by going head to head.

Nice to have a manage who stands up for himself but the players, must give the players confidence. Too many managers are too PC nowadays, not looking to be fined etc.

Looks like he steps on to the pitch.

givescotlandfreedom
30-03-2017, 01:40 PM
There was one Morton player who seemed to be trying to keep NL out of bother by removing him from the melee his boss was stirring up. NL didn't seem too impressed at the time but I think the boy was trying to help him out.

JDHibs
30-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Looks like he steps on to the pitch.

Excellent input into the conversation, did you think of it all by yourself?

ALF TUPPER
30-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Difficult to see in that mess where the touchline is. However, looks like he was dragged backwards onto the pitch by a Morton player.

Skyfootage.

Can't wait til Cappielow.

Alex Trager
30-03-2017, 02:09 PM

To be fair he definitely steps onto the pitch.

mjhibby
30-03-2017, 02:22 PM
It's a shame he isn't 12 years old as he wouldn't have been around to relegate us by signing pish like Power, Tosh & McQuilken 20 years ago.

Kudos to Duffy for admitting he made a twat of himself. Just need him to publicly discipline his player for the tackle and feigning injury.

ekhibee
30-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Lennon's post-match interview: https://youtu.be/HRv3yojdMjs

And Duff Jimmys: https://youtu.be/zgu9sg0XLaQ

And here's what is was all about: https://youtu.be/dsjJhiq_DQE

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 02:38 PM

Sure did, am i wrong?

Lago
30-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Lennon's post-match interview: https://youtu.be/HRv3yojdMjs

And Duff Jimmys: https://youtu.be/zgu9sg0XLaQ

And here's what is was all about: https://youtu.be/dsjJhiq_DQE
Think McGregor is going to struggle to have his red rescinded.

brog
30-03-2017, 02:41 PM

Pretty sure it was O'Ware trying to get at Lenny. Kept on even when everything had calmed down. I posted earlier i strongly suspect he's a West of Scotland fan. I've subsequently found out he started his career there. As you say, shocking behaviour.

Smartie
30-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Pretty sure it was O'Ware trying to get at Lenny. Kept on even when everything had calmed down. I posted earlier i strongly suspect he's a West of Scotland fan. I've subsequently found out he started his career there. As you say, shocking behaviour.

O'Ware isn't really a "West of Scotland football fan" kind of name though, is it?

hibs#1
30-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Good on lennon for sticking up for our players and himself.
Wtf was Duffy doing in the home dugout he got sacked years ago or did no one tell him?

I like this side of lennon showing passion and being loyal to the players and club.

Tbf I'd used hate him when he was like that at Celtic but he's with us now it keeps the theme of us no longer being pushovers.

Brightside
30-03-2017, 03:13 PM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky

BigT-Hibeez
30-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Je suis neil lennon!!

greenlex
30-03-2017, 03:26 PM
I think Lennon could in the cold light of day now help himself. He doesn't need to say he regrets the whole episode but could today be giving it the "wish it hadn't happened" platitudes publicly. In private he should be schooling the players in the passion stakes. Everyone v us. Drilling the attitude into them daily.

Smartie
30-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Good on lennon for sticking up for our players and himself.
Wtf was Duffy doing in the home dugout he got sacked years ago or did no one tell him?

I like this side of lennon showing passion and being loyal to the players and club.

Tbf I'd used hate him when he was like that at Celtic but he's with us now it keeps the theme of us no longer being pushovers.

Lennon had to boot him out our dugout sharpish before he started signing players like Jamie McQuilken and David Elliot again.

edwards
30-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Have looked at this several times and from the angle of the video it looks like mcgregors chest connects with very lttle head or no connection and the morton player knew he was going so decided to take McGregor with him. Lennon done what he done and was confronted and verbaly abused in the technical area both the morton player and Duffy should be dealt with accordingly and receive a heavy fine and match bans. Mcgregors red should be dropped and Lennon should possibly receive a one match ban with no fine.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Duffy;

I am not going to get involved in a public debate with the Hibs manager, but what I would state is that I categorically, 100 per cent did not ask for a ‘square go’ or use anything even remotely like that term. Yes, I acted immaturely – but I’m not 12 years old".

Morton's website.

He's a lying ******* - you can lip read him on the sky sports footage.

Jonnyboy
30-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Calderwood would have put Duffy on his arse, he was no soft touch in that regards.

Eh? Hit him with his bag of sweeties, maybe? :greengrin

HoboHarry
30-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Lennon had to boot him out our dugout sharpish before he started signing players like Jamie McQuilken and David Elliot again.
LOL moment there Smartie.......:not worth

Jonnyboy
30-03-2017, 07:40 PM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky

24 hours later and many views of the incident and I'm struggling to find any evidence of the punches you claim Lennon threw. Watch the clip in sections. Tackle comes in, right in front of Lennon and he rightly gives Oyenuga the verbals. Guy gets up just as Daz arrives on the scene. Daz points and looks down at Forster on the ground meaning that his head dropped and his hair just might have skiffed Oyanuga's head. Guy goes down like a sniper has shot him. As Lennon says, it's cowardly and embarrassing. Then a general melee follows with plenty folk, including Lennon using his arms to shove people out of his face. Are these the 'punches?' Duffy and his henchmen from the visitors dugout then 'appear' in the Hibs technical area. Duffy's gob is working overtime and clearly incensed not just Lennon but others around him.

Only thing I didn't like was Lennon going on to the pitch. That's a no no.

Scorrie
30-03-2017, 07:59 PM
24 hours later and many views of the incident and I'm struggling to find any evidence of the punches you claim Lennon threw. Watch the clip in sections. Tackle comes in, right in front of Lennon and he rightly gives Oyenuga the verbals. Guy gets up just as Daz arrives on the scene. Daz points and looks down at Forster on the ground meaning that his head dropped and his hair just might have skiffed Oyanuga's head. Guy goes down like a sniper has shot him. As Lennon says, it's cowardly and embarrassing. Then a general melee follows with plenty folk, including Lennon using his arms to shove people out of his face. Are these the 'punches?' Duffy and his henchmen from the visitors dugout then 'appear' in the Hibs technical area. Duffy's gob is working overtime and clearly incensed not just Lennon but others around him.

Only thing I didn't like was Lennon going on to the pitch. That's a no no.

That's the way I see it. I didn't see any punches from Lenny being thrown or attempted. He probably didn't need to go on the pitch but Duffy was right in his face. Thought Lennon's interview was spot on.

Johnny Clash
30-03-2017, 08:01 PM

I thought Darren was a captain courageous when it all kicked off. He wasn't for letting that wee Morton radge get to Lennon. He's a class defender!

Hibzbollah
30-03-2017, 08:03 PM
We are all Neil Lennon

I am Neil Lennon, we are all Neil Lennon.

Spot on Pedantic Hibee

rcarter1
30-03-2017, 08:09 PM

:agree:

To be fair a match thread rarely catches people at their most rational (or informed!!).

Lots of knee jerking (and I include myself as guilty of this at time during a match thread.. :lips seal)

JimBHibees
30-03-2017, 08:39 PM
He's a lying ******* - you can lip read him on the sky sports footage.
What did he say?

Slavers
30-03-2017, 08:53 PM
I am Neil Lennon!!

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2017, 09:18 PM
What did he say?

Along the lines of "do you want a ****ing square go"

greenlex
30-03-2017, 09:22 PM
I thought Darren was a captain courageous when it all kicked off. He wasn't for letting that wee Morton radge get to Lennon. He's a class defender!

If the boy hab not gone down I doubt McGregor would even got a talking to never mind a red card. The boy got him sent off after putting in that challenge on Forster. I don't think anyone can argue otherwise. No wonder Lennon wasn't happy at the time and had onlbviously not calmed down by interview time.
It will be an absolute disgrace if Mcgregiors red isn't rescinded. He would be unlucky to even get it reduced to a yellow but that's what will happen.

Captain Trips
30-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Duff Jimmy why dont ye square go your own No9? He is a ******g embarrassment to the game.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-03-2017, 09:40 PM

I honestly dont see what he's been sent off for. Its clear play acting.

Captain Trips
30-03-2017, 10:31 PM
I honestly dont see what he's been sent off for. Its clear play acting.

He has been sent off for headbutt on No9 and unfortunatley the ref fell for it. Cannot blame ref if folk are going to act in this manner. 100% cheating.

jacomo
30-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Remember this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6eE-0PdhlEk

Don't start a row with our manager. He won't like it.

:greengrin

JoeT_WasTheBest
30-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Along the lines of "do you want a ****ing square go"

That's what I saw it as too mate [emoji1303]

lapsedhibee
31-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Remember this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6eE-0PdhlEk

Don't start a row with our manager. He won't like it.

:greengrin

What did McMoist say to so annoy Mr Lennon?

southern hibby
31-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Watched it a few times now and here's my take on it.

Obviously not at Easter Road to play footy was definitely applying for a role in the avengers movie getting shot in Edinburgh. Marvel must be looking for new actors, way he went down definite Grammy actor potential there.

GGTTH