65 minutes on th park an contributed hee-haw

Super_JMcGinn
29-03-2017, 09:17 PM
Could somebody please tell me how this guy gets a game. :-(

As opposed to who?

lugz
He's awful and shouldn't get near the team going forward.

houstonhibbee
As opposed to who?
Graham

bingo70
29-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Graham

We were a better team when Holt was on the pitch.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 09:18 PM

To battle with their defenders but too often he gets too caught up with that rather than challenge for the ball. In fairness more often than not he has been getting fouled in games and gets nothing so I get the feeling he is wanting to throw himself about rather than play. Should focus on the football.

California-Hibs
29-03-2017, 09:20 PM

This. He may not be the greatest option but bloody hell hes better than Brian Graham!

keep the faith
29-03-2017, 09:20 PM

Absolute nonsense but crack on.

SMAXXA
29-03-2017, 09:22 PM
I said the same at the wkend they are both not good enough holt and graham but we are stuck with them.

Holt was very poor tonight

Super_JMcGinn
29-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Graham

Graham wasn't on for the first 65 mins though which was what he was talking about. Holt like the rest of them blows hot and cold but I think him and Cummings are our best 2. I think the problem tonight was the way the team was set up.

houstonhibbee
29-03-2017, 09:24 PM
didn't score any goals with either on the pitch tbf

neil7908
29-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Neither Holt nor Graham should be with us next season. I think both try there best and you could argue Graham hasn't been given enough starts to impress but it's vital we have a better partner for Jason next year

18Hibee75
29-03-2017, 09:35 PM

Disagree. I am a big Holt fan as I used to watch him at Norwich and he was a very good player in the premier league, obviously I know he's no where near the level he was, but he still gets about and bullies defenders and helps Cummings an awful lot.

He hasn't scored a lot of goals for us and at the end of the day that's what you want your strikers to do, but I don't think Cummings would be on nearly as many as he is this season if he had Graham next to him instead. If you watch Holt for ten minutes you realise how much of the dirty work he does off the ball. I can understand how he frustrates some fans though.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Called a fat basturd regularly
Booed
Mocked when he did win a header

Some very classy hibs fans at our games. Sometimes watching on its like fans were WANTING him to fail and actually itching to say something before he even touched the ball.

Contributed as much as Keatings/Cummings and Mcginn (other than his shot in the first minute) tonight. Seems he's the target for the fans itching to have a go. Boyle beat his man umpteen times but almost every ball in was shocking. Maybe if wingers reached their man with crosses we'd utilise him more.

Last season (and the season before) fans wanted a man that held the ball up, won free kicks and was a nuisance to centre half's. Holt isn't the most technically gifted nor the most agile but I always feel we play better with him in the team

hibs0666
29-03-2017, 09:38 PM

Keatings? Cummings? Boyle?

McGinn? Bartley?

hibbybob
29-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Booed

Some very classy hibs fans at our games. Sometimes watching on its like fans were WANTING him to fail and actually itching to say something before he even touched the ball.

Contributed as much as Keatings/Cummings and Mcginn (other than his shot in the first minute) tonight. Seems he's the target for the fans itching to have a go. Boyle beat his man umpteen times bur almost every ball in was shocking. Maybe I'd wingers reached their man with crosses we'd utilise him more.

Last season (and the season before) fans wanted a man that held the ball up, won free kicks and was a nuisance to centre half's. Holt isn't the most technically gifted nor the most agile but I always feel we play better with him in the team

:top marks Well said!

Spike Mandela
29-03-2017, 09:42 PM
I thought Holt looked leg weary and jaded the whole game. Needs rested and Graham deserves a chance.

18Hibee75
29-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Booed

Contributed as much as Keatings/Cummings and Mcginn (other than his shot in the first minute) tonight. Seems he's the target for the fans itching to have a go. Boyle beat his man umpteen times but almost every ball in was shocking. Maybe if wingers reached their man with crosses we'd utilise him more.

This! Very true. It annoys me hearing some of the support (especially at the top of Sect 43 in East tonight) moaning at him for every minor mistake. Too many fans go to football games and know nothing about football

Malthibby
29-03-2017, 09:47 PM
I thought Holt looked leg weary and jaded the whole game. Needs rested and Graham deserves a chance.

Probably true, but was in the FF tonight & there were a fair number of fans on him from the start & quite frankly the whole team was rank.

Hiber-nation
29-03-2017, 09:47 PM
That must have been a helluva bad pint of Guinness after the hearts game cos he's done bugger all since.

Smartie
29-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Holt made a few bad decisions in the first half when he tried to wrestle with his man instead of jumping to win the header and he was crucified for it. He also underhit a pass to Keatings early in the second half.

Other than that he had a few nice touches and flicks towards the start of the game and towards the end of the half (when he started to jump and challenge for the ball) he got a lot better.

I thought he had a good 20 minutes at the start of the second half, keeping possession under pressure, playing a good ball over the top to Cummings and killing a ball nicely under pressure as it dropped out the sky to help keep possession.

I thought we looked far worse when he went off, as we do just about every time we do when he's not on the pitch.

I thought we looked pretty inept overall in the final third tonight, as we have done far too often and we've struggled for goals for a long time. As regards next season I think I'd keep all the defenders, the goalkeepers, Fyvie, McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch. TBH I don't know if I would be particularly devastated if we got rid of every other attacking player. If we got a few quid for Cummings then we'd have a bit of a budget for new forwards and wide players. I'm sick of seeing Boyle beat his man all ends up and just know that we're not going to score from him being in a very dangerous position. I'm sick of us failing to get heads on crosses and I'm sick of us pondering on the ball 40 yards out with no idea how to break down a defence. Better teams than the ones in our league will come to Easter Road and park the bus next season and we need to have some better answers to that.

monktonharp
29-03-2017, 09:50 PM
was noticeable last Saturday that Holt was a bit weary. added to that, and also tonight , a lot of long balls punted up to his area and he was just not getting many of them. Graham should have started last week and tonight. Holt could then do a 20 minute shift if reqd.

Unseen work
29-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Iv never rated him, he has his better games but it's the championship, we need a striker to score more than 4 goals by the end of march.

Sometimes when the opponents are pinned back he is good at dropping deep, holding it up and playing it wide. That's not enough imo.

I wish he would stop trying to shout how tough he is or thinks he is and focus on the game.

Fwiw I though Graham looked good tonight when he came on and it's unlike me to praise him.

houstonhibbee
29-03-2017, 09:55 PM
was noticeable last Saturday that Holt was a bit weary. added to that, and also tonight , a lot of long balls punted up to his area and he was just not getting many of them. Graham should have started last week and tonight. Holt could then do a 20 minute shift if reqd.
how about putting Efe up front with Jason. Silky soccer skills combined with aerial threat..............

Smartie
29-03-2017, 10:00 PM
how about putting Efe up front with Jason. Silky soccer skills combined with aerial threat..............

It's not as mental as it sounds.

I've even wondered about sticking Forster up there. He'd win flicks and he attacks the ball brilliantly at set pieces so I could see him getting on more crosses than any other player we have.

I actually think Ambrose looks like he's playing within himself a bit, I think he's lost a bit of confidence at Celtic and it has affected him. He looks great when he strides forward but when he gets to a certain position he seems to hold back a bit. I'd like him to just run at teams from deep. With Bartley in the team we should be able to re-shuffle and get a defensive shape back if he loses the ball.

houstonhibbee
29-03-2017, 10:03 PM
It's not as mental as it sounds.

I've even wondered about sticking Forster up there. He'd win flicks and he attacks the ball brilliantly at set pieces so I could see him getting on more crosses than any other player we have.

I actually think Ambrose looks like he's playing within himself a bit, I think he's lost a bit of confidence at Celtic and it has affected him. He looks great when he strides forward but when he gets to a certain position he seems to hold back a bit. I'd like him to just run at teams from deep. With Bartley in the team we should be able to re-shuffle and get a defensive shape back if he loses the ball.
Mental? Its brilliant dont you know:greengrin

lugz
29-03-2017, 10:07 PM
He's been absolutely terrible recently, summed it up for me when he under hit a 6/7 yard pass to Keatings then had the cheek to give Keatings a dirty look.
He's simply not good enough and will need replacing in the summer if we want to compete in the premiership

yonder1875
29-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Booed

Well said mate. Totally baffles me when fans (not just ours) abuse their own players with insults.

monktonharp
29-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Well said mate. Totally baffles me when fans (not just ours) abuse their own players with insults.he got some applause tonight, from me and others around me for a couple of good moves he was involved in, but, that does not hide the fact that he is leg weary and getting near the end of his career.

yonder1875
29-03-2017, 10:30 PM
he got some applause tonight, from me and others around me for a couple of good moves he was involved in, but, that does not hide the fact that he is leg weary and getting near the end of his career.

It's the personal insults that really annoy me. Heard tonight "get that useless fat b*****d to ******." There's just no need in that at all, disgraceful.

J-C
29-03-2017, 10:33 PM
If he'd stop wrestling with the defenders and concentrate on just trying win the ball and play football, also I wish he'd stop going away out to the left wing, he's an overweight slow striker who can't score, stop trying to be some mobile advanced forward trying to create chances for others.

A big disappointment again and Graham isn't any better.

Up The Bracket
29-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Holt did no less tonight than Cummings did, the problem tonight was the lack of support and opportunities fed to the strikers and the lack of shape and ideas within the midfield.

The fact these were issues and Lennon persisted with the same shape is what should be criticised tonight, as opposed to individual performances.

Heisenberg
29-03-2017, 10:37 PM
He's a striker who doesn't score. Problem is we don't have anyone that's much better.

mcfly
29-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Neither Holt nor Graham should be with us next season. I think both try there best and you could argue Graham hasn't been given enough starts to impress but it's vital we have a better partner for Jason next year

Agree both holt and graham are terrible

Hi Heid Yin
29-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Holt gets a game because he is the fighter and physical threat that was 'missing' from too many previous Hibs line-ups. We deserved our 'soft touch' reputation.
I'm convinced that a lot of the draws we have suffered this season would have ended in defeats previously if not for the presence and impact of Holt.
Holt doesn't score enough, true, but his contribution can't be underestimated as we approach the finishing line 10 points clear of our closest rival.

MWHIBBIES
29-03-2017, 10:42 PM
What did we create when he went off?

cabbageandribs1875
29-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Holt did no less tonight than Cummings did, the problem tonight was the lack of support and opportunities fed to the strikers and the lack of shape and ideas within the midfield.

The fact these were issues and Lennon persisted with the same shape is what should be criticised tonight, as opposed to individual performances.

exactly :agree: a double substitution...with FOUR minutes to go, as for individual performances, well done McGregor and Ambrose..that is all

oh aye, what the heck was going on with Dylan stripped and ready to come on, only to get the tracksuit back on...then back off again a few mins later

Baldy Foghorn
29-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Booed

:top marks

Bit is bold was embarrassing. Who needs enemies

houstonhibbee
29-03-2017, 10:50 PM
exactly :agree: a double substitution...with FOUR minutes to go, as for individual performances, well done McGregor and Ambrose..that is all

oh aye, what the heck was going on with Dylan stripped and ready to come on, only to get the tracksuit back on...then back off again a few mins later
I thought louis had a good game. I thought we started well and was an entertain first half an hour, then we started to fade a bit. Second half started poorly (we usually concede at this point) and when the game was crying out for McGeough to be introduced we didn't make any changes, eventually swapping Holt for Graham rather than a tactical switch. We didn't seen to have a Plan B.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-03-2017, 10:51 PM

That was the final straw for me. Had a few arguments on the back off it because I wasn't having that.

Probably not worth the hassle mind you but it really riles me

wookie70
29-03-2017, 10:52 PM
I think he did ok tonight apart from the first 20 minutes where he was very poor. I think he has been poor for about 2/3 of the games this season but has got worse lately. He is not alone in that. What annoys me most is where he plays and the complete lack of desire to get in the box. It frustrates me because when he is in the box he does get involved and frequently get on the end of a ball. He could easily have scored twice tonight. Unfortunately his finishing has been appalling this year too. In short he looked unfit when he arrived and has got progressively less mobile as the year has worn on. I hope we can do much better next year than Holt and Graham for that matter.

Borderhibbie76
29-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Holt has been dreadful the last 2 games and I like the big guy...anybody who says differently is surely at it. However how bad was keatings, Mcginn and Cummings tonight- why the hell does Keatings over hit so many corners and free kicks...does my box in it really does!! Neck on line tin hat on but we missed Shinnie tonight...he is our most creative midfielder...maybe except Dylan when fit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
29-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Holt has been dreadful the last 2 games and I like the big guy...anybody who says differently is surely at it. However how bad was keatings, Mcginn and Cummings tonight- why the hell does Keatings over hit so many corners and free kicks...does my box in it really does!! Neck on line tin hat on but we missed Shinnie tonight...he is our most creative midfielder...maybe except Dylan when fit

Actually don't think Cummings did much wrong tonight generally didn't waste possession and some decent balls in the box. Didn't look like scoring mind I blame those around him for lack of creativity

Borderhibbie76
29-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Actually don't think Cummings did much wrong tonight generally didn't waste possession and some decent balls in the box. Didn't look like scoring mind I blame those around him for lack of creativity
I think he has been a bit off the boil last 2 games and when he doesn't score we struggle mate...nobody else steps up to the plate

SMAXXA
29-03-2017, 11:06 PM
I think he has been a bit off the boil last 2 games and when he doesn't score we struggle mate...nobody else steps up to the plate

Yeah agree that when he's not at it we don't look dangerous. Thinking back when we had commons and Humphreys providing some final product Jason generally tucks them away. I get the sense he gets frustrated at lack of service so goes looking for the ball and finds himself in areas of the pitch you don't want your main striker, out wide crossing in as an example we want him on the end of the crosses if that makes sense.

Borderhibbie76
29-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Yeah agree they when he's not at it we don't look dangerous. Thinking back when we had commons and Humphreys providing some final product Jason he really tucks them away. I get the sense he gets frustrated at lack of service so goes looking for the ball and finds himself in areas of the pitch you don't want your main striker, out wide crossing in as an example we want him on the end of the crosses if that makes sense.
Bang on mate I think we have really missed Commons and Humphrey...no idea what's going on with his injury??

Franck Stanton
29-03-2017, 11:59 PM
I really like Holt as a player. Very intelligent player. However, having said that, think he need dropped for a few games as he appears leg weary and tired. if I am being honest, been like that since the hertz game at e/r. Needs a wee rest I think. Play Keats as an out & out striker with Dylan as the "number 10" role.

Pete
30-03-2017, 12:14 AM
Holt prefers to make space and take the ball down instead of flicking headers on but it's not been working. Maybe he needs a rest.

However, he won just about all his headers when he decided to start jumping in the second half. He has it in him and it's not as if he can't do it...he just chooses not to :-D

Brightside
30-03-2017, 12:17 AM
He was very poor tonight.

Ozyhibby
30-03-2017, 01:28 AM
Holt has been hopeless all season. 3 goals in the Scottish Championship in March? This amazing work that only the Hibs.net intelligentsia can see is like the unseen work of Brian Kerr. It doesn't exist.
He doesn't score goals. He doesn't create goals. We don't score more goals when he's in the team. All of this is fact.
We will win this league despite Grant Holt.
Thankfully he won't be here next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
30-03-2017, 01:52 AM
I've been consistent all season with my views. He is awful, past it, over it. Get rid.
But I remember folk on here rated James Collins.

MagicSwirlingShip
30-03-2017, 02:59 AM
Firmly in the Graham must start the next game camp.

The guy wins flick ons, runs the channels, and offers more of a penalty box threat than shot shy Holt.

I can't see how anyone can judge him as "murder" or "terrible" considering he gets 10 mins max at the end of each game.

Also, Holt needs a rest. We could do with him sharp and fired up for Aberdeen as he looks not too bad when he can be bothered (derbies mostly)

Hiber-nation
30-03-2017, 06:27 AM
I've been consistent all season with my views. He is awful, past it, over it. Get rid.
But I remember folk on here rated James Collins.

I sometimes wonder how many goals Collins would have scored in the Championship then quickly make myself forget all about it.

Ozyhibby
30-03-2017, 06:45 AM
I sometimes wonder how many goals Collins would have scored in the Championship then quickly make myself forget all about it.

I'm pretty sure Collins got 6 goals in the relegation season playing in a tougher league with a much worse team. I don't see Holt being able to match him. And Holt has had more game time.

alihibs1
30-03-2017, 07:10 AM
People treated tonight as let's moan at Holt night. Was slated everytime he made a mistake but players like Cummings and Mcginn who should be shining even more in these games get off with it. Not saying he played well but neither did Mcginn or Jason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
30-03-2017, 07:27 AM
People treated tonight as let's moan at Holt night. Was slated everytime he made a mistake but players like Cummings and Mcginn who should be shining even more in these games get off with it. Not saying he played well but neither did Mcginn or Jason

McGinn and Cummings normally play well though. They have credit in the bank.

Smartie
30-03-2017, 07:31 AM
McGinn and Cummings normally play well though. They have credit in the bank.

Holt normally plays well, had credit in the bank and was nothing like as bad last night as some people are making out.

J-C
30-03-2017, 07:33 AM

If he'd stop all the wrestling nonsense with the defenders and actually concentrate in just winning the headers etc, when he did this he won quite a few and that's when the sarcastic cheering started. He's been poor most of this season, over the hill and a shadow of the player he was.

B.H.F.C
30-03-2017, 07:33 AM

It was quite noticeable that a lot of the crowd wasn't particularly happy with him last night. Doesn't surprise me given how ineffective we are in the final third as a team and how even more ineffective he is as an individual when it comes threatening the goals.

Not in to the ironic cheering, that's not right. But it would seem a fair number of people in the crowd don't see what he's adding to the team at the moment.

B.H.F.C
30-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Holt normally plays well, had credit in the bank and was nothing like as bad last night as some people are making out.

Has credit in the bank with some people. I think the reaction of the crowd last night would suggest that's not the majority though.

eastcoasthibby
30-03-2017, 07:39 AM

Agree ..we were a man short in midfield Bartley plays too deep and can't pass the bal, isn't quick enough on the ground with the ball and isn' t creative and doesn't want to get forward and support the too often isolated forwards ..
Holt doesn't focus on getting the ball first when it comes to him, when he does he is a much greater assert and needs to take the bal in more and stop the flicks. .maybe if he takes the ball in we can get players a bit further forward to support them ???

The Modfather
30-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Holt has been hopeless all season. 3 goals in the Scottish Championship in March? This amazing work that only the Hibs.net intelligentsia can see is like the unseen work of Brian Kerr. It doesn't exist.
He doesn't score goals. He doesn't create goals. We don't score more goals when he's in the team. All of this is fact.

Spot on, that is the reality.

I also wish folk would stop with the "he bullies defenders", he doesn't. More often than not he grapples with them as they watch the ball and head away. He must be a defenders dream. A striker that doesn't score, assist, create chances, get into the box or win many headers.

Reaper
30-03-2017, 07:43 AM
I'm in the unseen work brigade. I think he does more than the obvious and folk overlook the fact his work rate and runs creates space for Cummings. Simply I feel he is the new Stuart Lovell. He will never be able to do anything right.

I do accept his lack of goals is an issue and I do agree he looks a bit weary.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if a multiple trophy winning ex-player and manager who is in charge deems him worthy of a start then that's good enough for me.

What irritates me most is the 'boo boys' what is the point? Honestly boils ma piss. Especially when certain players who have been for large parts of the season seem to escape criticism.

Lets all get behind the team for the final push GGTTH

Ozyhibby
30-03-2017, 08:07 AM
I'm in the unseen work brigade. I think he does more than the obvious and folk overlook the fact his work rate and runs creates space for Cummings. Simply I feel he is the new Stuart Lovell. He will never be able to do anything right.

I do accept his lack of goals is an issue and I do agree he looks a bit weary.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if a multiple trophy winning ex-player and manager who is in charge deems him worthy of a start then that's good enough for me.

What irritates me most is the 'boo boys' what is the point? Honestly boils ma piss. Especially when certain players who have been for large parts of the season seem to escape criticism.

Lets all get behind the team for the final push GGTTH

I agree on the booing although I can't remember anyone booing him last night.
I don't agree on the creates space for Cummings thing though. Cummings is not scoring anymore than he has the previous two seasons when Holt was not here.

trev the hat
30-03-2017, 08:20 AM

Funny how he won about 3 in the air straight after being mocked S,
Just shows if he actually applies himself he can.
I'm no fan of Holt at all & think he gets an easy time under Lennon where others would be benched.
He has however contributed particularly earlier in the season, I would hope if/when we achieve promotion his contract won't just be renewed so he can do his badges.

kaimendhibs
30-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Holt was awful last night, not knocking him but he was.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 08:44 AM

Hopeless, hibs.net intelligentsia?

Pretty poor form, he has not scored many goals granted, but hopeless? Nah that's just silly

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Funny how he won about 3 in the air straight after being mocked S,
Just shows if he actually applies himself he can.
I'm no fan of Holt at all & think he gets an easy time under Lennon where others would be benched.
He has however contributed particularly earlier in the season, I would hope if/when we achieve promotion his contract won't just be renewed so he can do his badges.

T, a couple of times he couldn't jump fpr being fouled which the ref missed.

I feel sorry for him, he works hard, defends, links play up well, but isn't a fans fav, and the mocking of him last night was pitiful....

Keith_M
30-03-2017, 09:10 AM
As opposed to who?

Surely thats up to Lennon and the board to decide. The guy is just not good enough and we surely could (and should) have signed better than him.

He misplaced almost every pass, jumped far too early for headers and contributed next to nothing

Smartie
30-03-2017, 09:14 AM
I'm probably one of Holt's biggest defenders on here and I was very much one of the "ironic cheer" brigade.

He was making bad decision after bad decision in choosing to grapple with the defender or duck rather than jump for the ball and it was really getting on my t!ts. I couldn't help but cheer when he jumped and won the ball.

Something obviously hit home because from then on he jumped and won everything. Other than one underhit pass to Keatings in the second half he actually imo went on to have a very good game before being hooked, correctly, as he was looking knackered.

We didn't improve when he went off. Graham went on and did ok but as a team we didn't look any better and I do think the main reasons for our struggles in the final third lie elsewhere.

In playing Boyle and Keatings from the start Lennon did leave us short of options from the bench and it was hard to see what he could do to shake it up, although I would have expected to see McGeouch much earlier. I can only assume he wasn't fit.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 09:27 AM
God knows what the reaction would be on here or at game, if it was Holt who missed the sitter header instead of Graham, laid on a plate by Lewis

Ozyhibby
30-03-2017, 09:34 AM
God knows what the reaction would be on here or at game, if it was Holt who missed the sitter header instead of Graham, laid on a plate by Lewis

Holt would not have been there. Graham was in too much space. Holt goes looking for defenders to grapple with.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Holt would not have been there. Graham was in too much space. Holt goes looking for defenders to grapple with.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

jacomo
30-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Disagree. I am a big Holt fan as I used to watch him at Norwich and he was a very good player in the premier league, obviously I know he's no where near the level he was, but he still gets about and bullies defenders and helps Cummings an awful lot.

He hasn't scored a lot of goals for us and at the end of the day that's what you want your strikers to do, but I don't think Cummings would be on nearly as many as he is this season if he had Graham next to him instead. If you watch Holt for ten minutes you realise how much of the dirty work he does off the ball. I can understand how he frustrates some fans though.

He was great at Norwich but he simply hasn't scored enough goals this season.

cmcd
30-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Because Jason was brilliant Aye Right

jeffers
30-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Because Jason was brilliant Aye Right

No, because he's the best goalscorer we have had in quite a few years (I'm not including Leigh Griffiths as he was on loan) and is only getting better. I used to focus on the negative aspects of his play, but I'd far rather focus on the positives. His all round game needs to improve but without his goals we probably wouldn't be top of the league.

B.H.F.C
30-03-2017, 10:20 AM

Didn't think it was a sitter. Thought he did well to get above the defender and was unlucky. He was in there to actually get on the end of a cross which makes a hell of a difference.

Don't think Graham is the answer long term either but He must be cracking up sitting on the bench when the guy he'd directly replace hasn't scored since October in the league.

cmcd
30-03-2017, 10:23 AM

Stevenson was our best player No question

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Didn't think it was a sitter. Thought he did well to get above the defender and was unlucky. He was in there to actually get on the end of a cross which makes a hell of a difference.

Don't think Graham is the answer long term either but He must be cracking up sitting on the bench when the guy he'd directly replace hasn't scored since October in the league.

Looked a sitter to me. How many balls were laid on a plate for Holt?

Onion
30-03-2017, 10:28 AM
One of his poorest games last night, well marshalled by Morton defenders.

B.H.F.C
30-03-2017, 10:28 AM

How many crosses go in to the box and Holt is nowhere to be seen?

cmcd
30-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Holt was awful last night, not knocking him but he was.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As was Cummings

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 10:34 AM
How many crosses go in to the box and Holt is nowhere to be seen?

The service to the front men is dire.

Sammy7nil
30-03-2017, 10:35 AM
I think we have established there is a difference of opinion on Holt. I would prefer we left this thread support the team until we are over the finishline in the league and the cup and debate who shohld and shouldn't be here next year at that time.

jeffers
30-03-2017, 10:37 AM

He's not in the box often enough, too busy playing out on the wing or near the centre circle and doesn't have the pace to get where he should be. But I can remember quite a few this season that have been laid on a plate that he's failed to convert. I don't think Graham is the answer either but he deserves more of a chance than he's been given.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 10:38 AM
I think we have established there is a difference of opinion on Holt. I would prefer we left this thread support the team until we are over the finishline in the league and the cup and debate who shohld and shouldn't be here next year at that time.

:aok::agree:

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 10:39 AM
He's not in the box often enough, too busy playing out on the wing or near the centre circle and doesn't have the pace to get where he should be. But I can remember quite a few this season that have been laid on a plate that he's failed to convert. I don't think Graham is the answer either but he deserves more of a chance than he's been given.

Never been impressed with BG much either....Problem to be rectified in Summer window

MB62
30-03-2017, 10:41 AM
He's been absolutely terrible recently, summed it up for me when he under hit a 6/7 yard pass to Keatings then had the cheek to give Keatings a dirty look.
He's simply not good enough and will need replacing in the summer if we want to compete in the premiership

This is something he does constantly throughout a game, a crap pass or a wee head flick that doesn't find Cummings, then the stare happens.
Holt was absolutely mince for 30 minutes last night, spending his whole time trying to rough up the centre half, the ball was an insignificant factor in the game for him. Then suddenly it was like somebody had flicked his light switch on and he could see there really was a ball on the park. He started winning headers and for 15 minutes looked a right handful (rather than just a useless thug) and even the 2nd half before he got subbed, Keatings pass apart, I thought he was playing well.
For me though, Graham is without a better option and offers more of a goal threat than Holt does and is more interested in playing the ball rather than the man. I think half our problems this season up front is that we are totally reliant on a young laddie producing something special because his playing partner can't score in a room full of 'Saturday Sannies'

trev the hat
30-03-2017, 10:45 AM
T, a couple of times he couldn't jump fpr being fouled which the ref missed.

I feel sorry for him, he works hard, defends, links play up well, but isn't a fans fav, and the mocking of him last night was pitiful....

Totally agree re the mocking
For me ever since the away game at Tannadice in Dec he's been disappointing.
As others have said though we have a league to win & now is not the time for too much criticism.

Smartie
30-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Totally agree re the mocking
For me ever since the away game at Tannadice in Dec he's been disappointing.
As others have said though we have a league to win & now is not the time for too much criticism.

I don't like to hear the mocking but can we really say it was unjustified?

Some of the mindless abuse that goes on at games is just that, mindless. But Holt was having a stinker and he needed shaken from his little cocoon where all he had to do all night was wrestle with defenders and duck under high balls.

It seemed to me that the mocking woke him up and he went on to have a good game. Someone had to point it out to him, somehow.

I can't think of many times when a negative fan reaction has had a positive impact but this was one.

Credit to Holt, he gave himself a shake.

B.H.F.C
30-03-2017, 10:50 AM
The service to the front men is dire.

You won't get any disagreement from me on that.

As I say I don't think that Graham is the answer either. But Holt gets a very easy time of it from a lot of people, IMO, considering he hasn't scored a league goal for 5 months. Even Graham, in probably only 3 or 4 starts in that time, has chipped in with a couple. Again, I agree that the service is poor, but I don't think Holt puts himself in positions to score nearly enough.

WeeRussell
30-03-2017, 10:51 AM

As harsh and persistent as you may seem, I can't disagree with any of that, nor many of your Holt views for the majority of this season.

hibee_95
30-03-2017, 10:56 AM
I really don't understand what Holt offers the team. He wins next to no high balls played into him (no physical presence), doesn't hold it up effectively, doesn't create chances, doesn't score goals and for this consistently starts over Graham - I don't get it. His constant moaning at the referee and other players can't be healthy either.

The only feasible explanation for his game time, is because of the level he has played at throughout his career - but this can only get you so far... Have yet to see a decent game from him

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 10:58 AM
I really don't understand what Holt offers the team. He wins next to no high balls played into him (no physical presence), doesn't hold it up effectively, doesn't create chances, doesn't score goals and for this consistently starts over Graham - I don't get it. His constant moaning at the referee and other players can't be healthy either.

The only feasible explanation for his game time, is because of the level he has played at throughout his career - but this can only get you so far... Have yet to see a decent game from him

:faf::faf::faf:

Miss the derbies?:rolleyes:

we are hibs
30-03-2017, 10:59 AM

This. But there will probably be another thread come Saturday tea time slating holt again. It's the same idiots all the time.

hibee_95
30-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Attended both, you can't seriously be defending Holt as having attributes that benefit the team

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Attended both, you can't seriously be defending Holt as having attributes that benefit the team

Yes I can.....Have already done so in this thread

skyhibs
30-03-2017, 11:05 AM
This. But there will probably be another thread come Saturday tea time slating holt again. It's the same idiots all the time.

no need for this

Holt is murder the sooner we get rid then the better

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2017, 11:06 AM
This isn't going to end well:greengrin

Ozyhibby
30-03-2017, 11:17 AM
As harsh and persistent as you may seem, I can't disagree with any of that, nor many of your Holt views for the majority of this season.

I have been a bit like a dog with a bone on this. I think this is down to the snobbish attitude of some posters that you know nothing about football if you don't rate Grant Holt.

Captain Trips
30-03-2017, 01:06 PM
Simply not been good enough.

WeeRussell
30-03-2017, 02:13 PM
I have been a bit like a dog with a bone on this. I think this is down to the snobbish attitude of some posters that you know nothing about football if you don't rate Grant Holt.

Again, I agree entirely.

Big90inOz
31-03-2017, 03:36 AM
Holt cant jump, doesn't hold the ball in very well, reactions are slower than mine, easily wound up by the other side

He does knock players around and he does work hard but is it enough ? I doubt it

hibbiedon
31-03-2017, 05:46 AM
Booed

I agree. I don't think these fans ? Understand that if he fails then it does not help Hibs

swordin3
31-03-2017, 07:01 AM

Totally agree Shinnie was missed we would have created more had he been on the park.
Lennon slow to get Mcgeouch on , out numbered in the midfield for 90% of the game.
Not the best performance but with more clinical finishing 2 or 3 nil would have been the score.
Still 10 effectively 11 points clear .
3 points on Saturday min 1 Falkirk and Morton will drop points defo.
:flag::flag::flag: