PDA

View Full Version : Joke of a red

madhatter
29-03-2017, 08:53 PM
McGregor was sent off for the guy who hacked down Forster pretending to have been headbutted.

When will the cheating against us and other fair football teams stop?

How were we the first to get booked? Oliver fouled about 6 times.

Oh forgot to mention that Lennon got sent to the stand first even though Duffy came from his dugout to get Lennon.

Scottish football is crap for so many reasons, officiating is one of them. Mass brawl didn't need to happen either. Ref could have cooled it much better than he did.

calumhibee1
29-03-2017, 08:56 PM
McGregor was sent off for the guy who hacked down Forster pretending to have been headbutted.

Could see it coming a mile away. Watching refs attempt to even up every decision they make in Scottish football is just getting boring now.

MacBean
29-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Lennon was itching to go swinging to be fair
He also was first to the player before mcgregor. His lid flipped pretty quickly after that too as if someone said something

madhatter
29-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Lennon was itching to go swinging tbf

He was but Duffy was quite eager too. Why did it take Duffy having a word with Lennon after he was sent to the stand for him also to get sent to the stand.

Tbf I was very close to the incident and the Morton boy has hacked a player then threw himself to the floor holding his head after McGregor stormed in. Red card for tackle, red card for cheating...

norhfc
29-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Ref was hopeless, Oliver should have been off for persistent fouling.
Was watching on HibsTv, my first thought was Darren moved his head forward, didn't
See it again on replay so cant be sure, just saying I thought....oh søtt hes off.
Too much else going on but Mortons bench went mental long after the game restarted.
Lennon in trouble again but done very little.....didn't expect all that after a poor game eh.

MacBean
29-03-2017, 09:03 PM
He was but Duffy was quite eager too. Why did it take Duffy having a word with Lennon after he was sent to the stand for him also to get sent to the stand.

Tbf I was very close to the incident and the Morton boy has hacked a player then threw himself to the floor holding his head after McGregor stormed in. Red card for tackle, red card for cheating...
Likewise I was west stand third row and could see it clearly: thing that gets menis the ref was no further than 5 yards away from mcrgregor and the Morton boy. I could see from 25 yards the boy dived better than Tom Daly

proud_and_green
29-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Presumably this will be appealed! And the simulator dealt with as well?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
29-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Lennon 100% deserved his red card. He reall needs to get a grip of himself. That's at least the third time this season he's been sent to the stand.

Forza Fred
29-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Ref was hopeless, Oliver should have been off for persistent fouling.
Was watching on HibsTv, my first thought was Darren moved his head forward, didn't
See it again on replay so cant be sure, just saying I thought....oh søtt hes off.
Too much else going on but Mortons bench went mental long after the game restarted.
Lennon in trouble again but done very little.....didn't expect all that after a poor game eh.

Taking the green tinted glasses off for a moment, Lennon appeared to me to do enough to warrant a lengthy period in the stands.

I haven't seen the replay but he seemed to me to be the first to enter the field of play.

McGregor's red surely will be over turned on appeal though.

29-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Someone point out the team they can win every game from now until the end of the season.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Presumably this will be appealed! And the simulator dealt with as well?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nope. No television so no evidence and I doubt Hibs TV would suffice they'd probably say it might have been tampered with...

Heisenberg
29-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Nope. No television so no evidence and I doubt Hibs TV would suffice they'd probably say it might have been tampered with...

Sky had cameras at the game.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Lennon 100% deserved his red card. He reall needs to get a grip of himself. That's at least the third time this season he's been sent to the stand.

That's not in dispute, why he was first to the stand and Duffy almost getting away with it I can't understand...

Game was almost restarted before Duffy gave Lennon more abuse and he got sent to the stands. How can a manager come running out of his dugout, and clearly look to take a swing at Lennon, almost not even get sent to the stands?

madhatter
29-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Sky had cameras at the game.

Did they? Hopefully they caught it then.

houstonhibbee
29-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Could see it coming a mile away. Watching refs attempt to even up every decision they make in Scottish football is just getting boring now.
Mc Gregor sending off was on the say so of the linesman not the referees call

hibbysam
29-03-2017, 09:14 PM

You can use whatever evidence you like, hence why we have been so successful the last couple of years with appeals.

Colr
29-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Was only watching on periscope but did I see the Morton keeper handle outside his area right in front of the linesman?

madhatter
29-03-2017, 09:15 PM

He was even closer. From recollection he was about 1-2 yards away at most. No excuse.

madhatter
Was only watching on periscope but did I see the Morton keeper handle outside his area right in front of the linesman?

Yes. 100%.

marcus hibs
If only the team had shown the urgency they did during the scrap l, the whole game. Another dissapointing ER perdormance

18Hibee75
29-03-2017, 09:16 PM
What happened to Cummings?? Was he just taken off. I was sitting high up in row DD in the east and couldn't really make out what was going on, from where I was sat I thought Cummings was sent off as he was stripped but on the side of the pitch, but that was obviously not the case. Can anyone explain for me? Lol.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

TheMentalHibees
29-03-2017, 09:17 PM
Yes. 100%.

Quite honestly the most bemusing decision I I've ever seen. The linesman was looking right at it, perfectly in line, and gave nothing. Goalie actually reached out of the box and pulled the ball in clear as day. Not even close to being a controversial call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky
29-03-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm not having anyone having a pop at Lennon, he shows passion and commitment and sticks up for our players

lugz
29-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Can someone give a brief explanation of what happened? Are we likely to appeal the decision?

CraigHibee
29-03-2017, 09:19 PM

not sure how the linesman missed that, poor decision

Sean1875
29-03-2017, 09:19 PM

no surprise at all that the linesman in question was the first person to run down the tunnel when the full time whistle went - *****bag

Heisenberg
29-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Did they? Hopefully they caught it then.

Footage coming up on SSN apparently.

nickwhibs
29-03-2017, 09:21 PM
If only the team had shown the urgency they did during the scrap l, the whole game. Another dissapointing ER perdormance

My thoughts exactly. Although hopefully we can appeal McGregor's red.

Pedantic_Hibee
I'm not having anyone having a pop at Lennon, he shows passion and commitment and sticks up for our players

My thoughts too.

houstonhibbee
What happened to Cummings?? Was he just taken off. I was sitting high up in row DD in the east and couldn't really make out what was going on, from where I was sat I thought Cummings was sent off as he was stripped but on the side of the pitch, but that was obviously not the case. Can anyone explain for me? Lol.

Came off for McGeouch

MacBean
29-03-2017, 09:23 PM

He was subbed off a few mins earlier for mcgeouch

CMac1988
29-03-2017, 09:24 PM

That the same linesman who was standing right next to him when it happened?

Lennon perhaps need to cool it a bit but what can you expect? The decisions that our refs make are ludicrous. Keeper got away with handling/catching the ball outside the box. Persistent fouling from that ex Hertz fud - I made it about 5 challenges, and no booking? Bartley gets booked with his first challenge? They have a player kick the ball away whilst taking a free kick and rightly get a yellow. Do it again later and nothing... I could go and tbf there was a couple of decisions that also weren't our way but nothing serious. Boyle should've got booked for throwing the ball away in anger, but he was protesting a throw in which should've been ours. Shambles of a game, reffed by shambolic referees in a terrible excuse for a professional football league.

At least the melee gave me some entertainment for a few minutes cause after the first 20 or so it was turgid.

Rant over :).

HibernianJK
29-03-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm sure I saw Mcgregor kick someone after the original fracas and it might have been for that? My eyes could also have been deceiving me.

WhileTheChief..
29-03-2017, 09:26 PM
McGregor had to go. He went charging in blazing mad and completely lost the plot.

A good wee rammy though to give a bit of excitement at the end. Duffy and Lennon being sent to the stands was simply the ref thinking he's had enough verbals for one night.

Lets not get this out of proportion. It was a decent enough game with plenty of tackles but it was never niggly or dirty like Saturday was.

The ref had a good game. Can't get too worked up over the missed handball.

Hibs Class
29-03-2017, 09:29 PM
The lights in the tunnel went off just after Darren was sent off, couldn't tell if someone hit the switch or if someone went wild!

hibsfan
This is why Neil Lennon should not be nowhere near this club. We go on about wanting to be a family club yet his behaviour tonight was worthy of criminal charges - a bit like the effort shown by Jason Cummings in recent weeks

mca

Good to see him show some Real Fight and passion for the Hibs... :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
29-03-2017, 09:30 PM
My thoughts too.

Me too. Good to see fight, desire and a refusal to be bullied from the gaffer when he thinks we're being wronged.

MacBean
29-03-2017, 09:31 PM
My mates in hospitality just spoke to McGregor and he expects to get it rescinded.

lugz
This is why Neil Lennon should not be nowhere near this club. We go on about wanting to be a family club yet his behaviour tonight was worthy of criminal charges - a bit like the effort shown by Jason Cummings in recent weeks

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

MacBean

Double negative so he should be here 🤔

PercyHibs
29-03-2017, 09:32 PM
McGregor had to go. He went charging in blazing mad and completely lost the plot.

A good wee rammy though to give a bit of excitement at the end. Duffy and Lennon being sent to the stands was simply the ref thinking he's had enough verbals for one night.

Lets not get this out of proportion. It was a decent enough game with plenty of tackles but it was never niggly or dirty like Saturday was.

What did McGregor do to deserve a Red?

The Ref had a shocker

Callum_62
29-03-2017, 09:32 PM

😂😂😂

hibbysam
29-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Running in to have a go at someone isn't a sending off offence! He never lost the plot at any stage, he never lifted his hands or his feet or moved his head towards the player, so no violent conduct. He ran in, and the boy hit the deck holding his face. End of.

PercyHibs

Hahahaha, where do you start with this?

Alex Trager
Add all that to fact he missed that handball.

Waw

BH Hibs
29-03-2017, 09:34 PM

Very good.

Frogga
29-03-2017, 09:35 PM
My main frustration is the lad diving. That was a joke. He has the physique of Nade and, as such, it should take a runaway train to knock him down and yet he went down like he'd been shot without being touched. I hope his ban gets lengthened for being such a prick. Embarrassment to himself and his team.

hfc rd
29-03-2017, 09:37 PM

Don't know where to start with this other than what a pile of utter drivel!

Forza Fred
29-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Quite honestly the most bemusing decision I I've ever seen. The linesman was looking right at it, perfectly in line, and gave nothing. Goalie actually reached out of the box and pulled the ball in clear as day. Not even close to being a controversial call.

On tv the linesman is about 5-10 yards up the park...he did not get back in time, and stuffed up.

Callum_62
29-03-2017, 09:41 PM
On tv the linesman is about 5-10 yards up the park...he did not get back in time, and stuffed up.

You could tell by the linesman body language that he sh@t it

hibsfan
29-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Don't know where to start with this other than what a pile of utter drivel! 100% fact

loanheadhibby
29-03-2017, 09:47 PM

Maybe he's just frustrated at watching that crap every week.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 09:47 PM

Rubbish. Family club losing constantly and getting relegated versus manager who shows passion. Criminal charges? Is that for Duffy as well then?

lugz
29-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Has anyone saw a good replay of the incident? Will we be appealing?

Badge
29-03-2017, 09:48 PM
100% fact

STFU. Clown

Mainstandman
29-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Your eyes did not decieve you, it was outside and right in line with the linesman, how he didn't see it:confused:

ehf
29-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Running in to have a go at someone isn't a sending off offence! He never lost the plot at any stage, he never lifted his hands or his feet or moved his head towards the player, so no violent conduct. He ran in, and the boy hit the deck holding his face. End of.

He didn't even run in; he and the budget-Nade both stood forehead to forehead and the latter just chucked himself to the deck. Daz then gets the same punishment as the guy whose shocking tackle started the whole fracas.

WhileTheChief..
29-03-2017, 09:51 PM

Family club? Says who?

Id prefer it if Easter Road was a cauldron of hate that opposing teams and fans dreaded coming to with an added sense of danger thrown in.

All the family friendly guff has slowly killed the atmospher and attendances over the years.

#Workingclassmensgame

Spike Mandela
29-03-2017, 09:51 PM

Rubbish. He lost control of himself complhetely. Poor behaviour for a manager. I sit very close to dugout and he seemed to be in a rage right from the first whistle.

Someone needs to have a quiet word with him.

ehf
29-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Maybe he's just frustrated at watching that crap every week.

He was at boiling point with frustration just before the melee when Keatings yet again chipped the ball straight into the Morton keeper's arms - kicked the dugout and threw a water bottle.

hfc rd
https://mobile.twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/847202976674582528/video/1

Brightside
Darren will have the red rescinded. NL will get at least a 3 game ban...and that is deserved. It is never ever acceptable for a manager to get involved like that.

Waxy
29-03-2017, 09:53 PM

Who goes on about wanting to be a family club? I'd rather be a club that wants to be a winning club.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 09:53 PM

Ref had a good game? Haha warning Oliver pointing to 3 separate incidents (4th foul) and then booking a Hibs player for their 1st foul. Classy ref indeed, champions league final will be his next calling.

lugz
29-03-2017, 09:56 PM

Good on Lennon standing his ground and sticking up for his players, we've been a soft touch for too long now. Here's hoping McGregor red is rescinded.

SteveHFC
29-03-2017, 09:56 PM
just watched on sky, Darren did nothing and NL reacted to something that was said by Duffy

WhileTheChief..
29-03-2017, 09:57 PM

Brilliant:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok, so I called the red card for McGregor wrong but that is the best interview I've seen in decades.

Lennon is the man. 100% Mr Hibs tonight. Take a bow.

hfc rd
29-03-2017, 09:57 PM
100% fact

The 100% fact is the Morton player lunged in on our player and could easily have broken his leg. If the shoe was on the other foot Duffy and any other manager would have done the same. Duffy and his puppets comes over to our touchline wanting a square go with our manager.

overdrive
29-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Family club? Says who?

Id prefer it if Easter Road was a cauldron of hate that opposing teams and fans dreaded coming to with an added sense of danger thrown in.

All the family friendly guff has slowly killed the atmospher and attendances over the years.

#Workingclassmensgame

I agree. I'd like to see officials being petrified to give 50/50s to the away team.

Callum_62
29-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Any clips of the incident?

madhatter
29-03-2017, 10:00 PM

Thanks for sharing. 100% with Lennon on this. Shocking tackle followed by cheating, disgraceful and shameful really.

ancient hibee
29-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Rubbish. He lost control of himself complhetely. Poor behaviour for a manager. I sit very close to dugout and he seemed to be in a rage right from the first whistle.

Rubbish.He spent half the match telling the players to calm down and play football.He waded in to protect a player.Good for him.

oconnors_strip
Any clips of the incident?

https://twitter.com/nikki1875/status/847206109920333827

Waxy
Gonna be an interesting rematch. They can ram any hospitality.

madhatter
just watched on sky, Darren did nothing and NL reacted to something that was said by Duffy

Is that online, the clip of the incident?

Badge

The ref had a good game. Can't get too worked up over the missed handball. Not sure you were at the same game as me. Never a red card and the ref and linesmen were poor.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 10:04 PM

Shocking, the guy should get his ban extended. Cheat. McGregor has to get that rescinded. Jesus is this the level Scottish football has descended to??

The Falcon
29-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Good on Lennon standing his ground and sticking up for his players, we've been a soft touch for too long now. Here's hoping McGregor red is rescinded.

Other teams know that and try to bully us. Dundee United tried it as did Falkirk.

I would rather Lennon hadnt got involved as he did (mainly because he will be in the stand for a few vital games) but I am not going to castigate the guy for showing that bit of fight we have been screaming for the past couple of years.

Good job he's calmed down this year..........

Spike Mandela
29-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Rubbish.He spent half the match telling the players to calm down and play football.He waded in to protect a player.Good for him.

Bit rich telling players to calm down then going totally radge yourself. Totally classless imo.

yonder1875
29-03-2017, 10:05 PM

Agreed.

Mr Grieves
29-03-2017, 10:06 PM

How has the ref fell for that? The boy that committed the assault and dived should be ashamed.

Waxy
29-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Gonna be an interesting rematch. They can ram any hospitality.

SteveHFC
29-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Is that online, the clip of the incident?
not yet but will be soon enough

madhatter
29-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Bit rich telling players to calm down then going totally radge yourself. Totally classless imo.

Not even comparable...telling players to slow the game down and not to rush everything is the same as losing the head at a disgraceful tackle followed by a shocking degree of play acting by a grown man?...what world do you live in? Name another manager who would not be raging at a tackle then play acting like that in the 90+ minute...the game was virtually over so why did Morton player lunge in and then pretend like he had been shot? Stop blaming our manager and look at the cheats ffs. Duffy was grabbing at McGregor and over at Lennon's technical area as well. How the hell is Lennon the focus here?

BoomtownHibees
29-03-2017, 10:10 PM
How has the ref fell for that? The boy that committed the assault and dived should be ashamed.

The ref is standing right in front of it as well. And had to check with the linesman who it was!!!

emerald green
29-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Another game for Hibs in this league of cheats and cloggers, another Hibs player injured. Shinnie on Saturday, Forster tonight.

No protection from the officials. Instead one of them ensures our captain is sent off for basically remonstrating with the Morton player for what could have been a leg breaker. It wasn't a tackle. It was an assault. Neil Lennon was correct to be angry, to say the least.

We really need to get out of this awful league. Maybe, just maybe, we might get a chance to play football in the Premiership. If not, I despair for the state of our game.

monktonharp
29-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Thanks for sharing. 100% with Lennon on this. Shocking tackle followed by cheating, disgraceful and shameful really.imho that was a brilliant take on the proceedings, by Neil Lennon. you could see his anger, while being grilled by the press. Well done Neil, for standing your ground.:aok:

Baw187
29-03-2017, 10:12 PM
100% fact

100% pish

hfc rd
29-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Darren will have the red rescinded. NL will get at least a 3 game ban...and that is deserved. It is never ever acceptable for a manager to get involved like that.

What did Lennon do wrong that he deserves a 3 match ban for? Did you see the incident. The Morton player lunged in and could easily have broken our players leg. He is going to defend his player like any other manager out there would. It's Duffy that came racing over to Hibs' touchline looking for a fight.

monktonharp
29-03-2017, 10:15 PM
How has the ref fell for that? The boy that committed the assault and dived should be ashamed.assault is actually against the law. was Jonny Law involved at any point. could not see from the East,what was going on in amongst the brawl

SquashedFrogg
29-03-2017, 10:15 PM

Says the man with an avatar promoting violent behavior :cb

Baw187
29-03-2017, 10:19 PM

Nonsense.

Classless is wading over from your own dugout to have a go at the other manager who is rightly outraged at a terrible challenge.

You have no idea what Duffy said to spark the reaction and I'd rather have a manager who will stand his ground and fight his corner against fuds like Duffy instigating that kind of crap than a welt like Cathro who'd **** his pants.

jane_says
29-03-2017, 10:24 PM

What an absolute disgrace. The fact the referee is standing between their boy and McG and he still gives a red is unbelievable. Lennon did lose the plot a bit but 100% Duffy started the whole fracas. **** this ****** league and the ****** teams in it. Can't wait to go up.

BlackSheep
29-03-2017, 10:24 PM
If you watch the sky sports news coverage closely I think you will find that the ref himself was the last man to touch the player before went down holding his face.... disgraceful 😂

In all seriousness though, shocking performances from the officials, totally lost the game, not the first time this season. How are teams expected to play the game if the opposing teams just want to draw out reactive behaviour and ruin the actual sporting side to the game, refs are supposed to be in control of this but time and time again we face unprofessional behaviour from both opposition and officials

hibeemikey21
29-03-2017, 10:26 PM

Hahaha - Marv ends up carrying away half their dugout! Outstanding!

Johnny Clash
29-03-2017, 10:34 PM

Thanks for posting that link. Great to see a Hibs manager passionate about our team and it's clear he's no pushover! The outrageous tackle followed by a cowardly fake injury from a non existent head butt is the real issue here. No wonder Neil Lennon was raging. He is clearly passionate about Hibs. Good man - he deserves our total support.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Is it just me but was he about to give the player a booking for that tackle before the ruckus? It looked like it...confirms the nonsense of Scottish football. It seems the logic is "can I send a Hibs player off as well?" If answer no, book player. If answer yes, red card both of them.

18Hibee75
29-03-2017, 10:40 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/dannym180/status/847206452968206336

Here is that tackle and the 'headbutt' also shows Duffy running over to Lennon and as Lennon described "asking for a square go"

Surely that red card will be rescinded

EskbankHibby
29-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Are people seriously criticizing Lennon for this? Hibs player gets lmost halved in two (anyone seen the Seamus Coleman injury?) and Lennon protects his player and by extension his club (our club).

Have a word. I'm actually not a massive Lennon fan but he has got this spot on. How else can you deal with this pish?

Bite your tongue and nothing happens and we/he looks weak. I'm sick of these bampots coming to Easter Road and thinking they can get away with this ****.

Peevemor
29-03-2017, 10:45 PM
This is brilliant.

stantonhibby
29-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Is it just me but was he about to give the player a booking for that tackle before the ruckus? It looked like it...confirms the nonsense of Scottish football. It seems the logic is "can I send a Hibs player off as well?" If answer no, book player. If answer yes, red card both of them.

Yep was going in to his pocket for a yellow....Red card was in his top pocket

emerald green
29-03-2017, 10:50 PM
I hope Jordon Forster has not suffered a serious injury. The lad is not that long back after being out for a while with a bad injury.

Where is the justice if Oyenuga gets the same punishment as Darren McGregor? Oyenuga knew straight away he was going to get sent off so he feigned injury to get McGegor sent off too. Cheating b******.

cabbageandribs1875
29-03-2017, 10:50 PM
the clown watched morton players foul(and a few wee words with a couple of them) then straight in to the pocket to book Bartley with his first foul :rolleyes:

madhatter
29-03-2017, 10:53 PM
I hope Jordon Forster has not suffered a serious injury. The lad is not that long back after being out for a while with a bad injury.

Where is the justice if Oyenuga gets the same punishment as Darren McGregor? Oyenuga knew straight away he was going to get sent off so he feigned injury to get McGegor sent off too. Cheating b******.

He wasn't though, incompetent ref was going to book him. Took the riot and the opportunity to red card McGregor to send the original "tackler" off. Good referees here, eh?

Spike Mandela
29-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Not even comparable...telling players to slow the game down and not to rush everything is the same as losing the head at a disgraceful tackle followed by a shocking degree of play acting by a grown man?...what world do you live in? Name another manager who would not be raging at a tackle then play acting like that in the 90+ minute...the game was virtually over so why did Morton player lunge in and then pretend like he had been shot? Stop blaming our manager and look at the cheats ffs. Duffy was grabbing at McGregor and over at Lennon's technical area as well. How the hell is Lennon the focus here?

Nonsense.

Classless is wading over from your own dugout to have a go at the other manager who is rightly outraged at a terrible challenge.

You have no idea what Duffy said to spark the reaction and I'd rather have a manager who will stand his ground and fight his corner against fuds like Duffy instigating that kind of crap than a welt like Cathro who'd **** his pants.

I like a manager to stand up for his team and himself as well but it has to be controlled.

Honestly he was in a foul mood all night. He wasn't just telling players to calm down like someone else suggested. All around me folk were commenting on how he was whinging and moaning at the players, swearing, kicking things at the dugout, banging the dugout and seemed to be sitting sullenly most of the second half. He just didn't seem himself all night. We can all have bad days, right? I just worry for Lenny a wee bit, he kinda looks like a man who thinks the whole world is against him.

He may be justified in being angry at Morton players and staff at the end there but the red mist descended and he just lost it.

Either way, rightly or wrongly, it was the most exciting thing that happened all night:greengrin and hopefully tv pictures will clear it all up and red cards rescinded.

H18S NX
29-03-2017, 11:01 PM
If only the team had shown the urgency they did during the scrap l, the whole game. Another dissapointing ER perdormance Totally agree m8

GreenOnions
29-03-2017, 11:02 PM

:not worth Just noticed that - like a wheelbarrow :agree:

emerald green
29-03-2017, 11:04 PM
He wasn't though, incompetent ref was going to book him. Took the riot and the opportunity to red card McGregor to send the original "tackler" off. Good referees here, eh?

Sorry, just to be clear, are you saying the referee was only going to give the Morton player (Oyenuga) a yellow card? I'm not sure how you would know that for a fact.

I'm not defending the referee or his assistant by the way. From what I've heard, it was on the say so of the assistant that he sent off McGregor. I did see Darren remonstrating with the assistant as he went off.

lord bunberry
29-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Why did he speak to the linesman before sending off DM? He was standing right next to him during the incident. If he's been sent off for the head but then it should immediately be rescinded on the grounds that he's taken advice from someone with a worse view than his own. It defies belief that he's asked for advice when he was so close to the incident.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 11:11 PM
I like a manager to stand up for his team and himself as well but it has to be controlled.

Honestly he was in a foul mood all night. He wasn't just telling players to calm down like someone else suggested. All around me folk were commenting on how he was whinging and moaning at the players, swearing, kicking things at the dugout, banging the dugout and seemed to be sitting sullenly most of the second half. He just didn't seem himself all night. We can all have bad days, right? I just worry for Lenny a wee bit, he kinda looks like a man who thinks the whole world is against him.

He may be justified in being angry at Morton players and staff at the end there but the red mist descended and he just lost it.

Either way, rightly or wrongly, it was the most exciting thing that happened all night:greengrin and hopefully tv pictures will clear it all up and red cards rescinded.

His demeanour before the scrap was in keeping with our performance. He wasn't happy and rightfully so, we should be taking it to them more and that tonight was up there in terms of midfield performance. McGinn and Bartley didn't work. I'd have started with 3 in the middle and Cummings upfront with Boyle and Keating's providing support. They passed it around Bartley and McGinn far too easy.

His reaction in the ruckus was no different to Wenger's way back when Arsenal player got a shocker 2 years ago. See the difference people are not looking at is - Wenger didn't have a baldy mad man angrily standing 5 yards away looking for a fight. Wenger didn't watch a referee prepare to book a leg breaking tackle and then watch a player pretend to have been headbutted full force. Lennon is fine, people want to make a big deal of it and pull the focus to him. He suffered the same at Celtic. Why care? You'd think Lennon ran across to Duffys dugout and knocked him out the way people are talking.

Bishop Hibee
29-03-2017, 11:12 PM
This is brilliant.

Fans complain when players and managers talk in cliches. Here Lennon tells it from his perspective and fans will have a go at him. If duff Jimmy did ask him fir a square go then he should have the book thrown at him. One should remember he was Director of Football at Hearts when Rix was manager and Romanov in charge. They do say you can judge people by the company they keep.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Sorry, just to be clear, are you saying the referee was only going to give the Morton player (Oyenuga) a yellow card? I'm not sure how you would know that for a fact.

I'm not defending the referee or his assistant by the way. From what I've heard, it was on the say so of the assistant that he sent off McGregor. I did see Darren remonstrating with the assistant as he went off.

He was going into his short pocket for the yellow. Red is in top pocket is it not?

OK so referee is in touching distance of both players involved but he relies on linesman's call for the incident? Come on, does that not scream incompetence? Both for them being wrong and also that a guy can't fully recall/understand what he has seen and witnessed 1 yard in front of him. Pretty sure he is actually touching both players when Oyenuga goes down (shot).

matty_f
29-03-2017, 11:17 PM
No complaints about either Lennon or McGregor's actions. I want to see people sticking up for their team.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-03-2017, 11:24 PM

Duffy is an arse and the boy who tried to half Jordan is a spineless twat.

emerald green
29-03-2017, 11:25 PM
He was going into his short pocket for the yellow. Red is in top pocket is it not?

OK so referee is in touching distance of both players involved but he relies on linesman's call for the incident? Come on, does that not scream incompetence? Both for them being wrong and also that a guy can't fully recall/understand what he has seen and witnessed 1 yard in front of him. Pretty sure he is actually touching both players when Oyenuga goes down (shot).

The bit in bold - that's what you were basing your opinion upon that the referee was only going to give the Morton player a yellow card. I just wasn't sure, and I didn't notice that.

If you're correct, that's incredible. A clearer red card you couldn't imagine.

madhatter
29-03-2017, 11:28 PM
The bit in bold - that's what you were basing your opinion upon that the referee was only going to give the Morton player a yellow card. I just wasn't sure, and I didn't notice that.

If you're correct, that's incredible. A clearer red card you couldn't imagine.

Yes watch the footage when you can, he clearly runs in going into his short pocket. He had no intention of sending the Morton player until the ruckus.

I may be wrong and he might just have chosen to keep both cards in the same pocket for handiness of something but I thought there was an etiquette to these things...

Mikey09
29-03-2017, 11:39 PM

Holy ****. This is the worst post I have ever read on here. :faf::yw:

jeffers
29-03-2017, 11:48 PM
It was never a headbutt, but I thought at the time Darren McGregor was going to get sent off. He did dip his head into the head of the Morton player and with the incompetent officials we have in Scotland there is always the possibility that will result in a red card. Hopefully it will be rescinded, he's been our best player this season in my opinion.

snooky
29-03-2017, 11:58 PM

"Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man" - Kenny Rogers (Coward Of The County) :cb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasn't at the game however, let me say, I'm getting really sick to death of being on the wrong side of biased and incompetent refereeing decisions week in, week out. Why are they consistently against us? I'm sure there are reasons - shady ones.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2017, 12:23 AM

:faf:

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2017, 12:26 AM
Shocking challenge no wonder Lennon went mental, especially when it was on a player whose career has already been blighted by injury. The Morton player should be bloody embarrassed by his actions afterwards as well, a thug and a cheat.

greenlex
30-03-2017, 12:28 AM
Lennon v Duffy Square go. Easter Road Money spinner. Full house for sure. Could also put the Morton injury feigner v Darren McGregor on the card just to make sure.

rupert.bollocks
30-03-2017, 01:40 AM

The big man sorts the whole lot of them out and gives Puffy a decent old shove as well. And what was Lennon meant to do? His captain gets scythed down right in front of him, give a round of applause? Lennon was probably barely a half step on the pitch and old Puffy comes roaring in to have a go.

rupert.bollocks
30-03-2017, 01:41 AM
Holy ****. This is the worst post I have ever read on here. :faf::yw:

Clearly a roaster.

pacorosssco
30-03-2017, 03:48 AM
What an absolute disgrace. The fact the referee is standing between their boy and McG and he still gives a red is unbelievable. Lennon did lose the plot a bit but 100% Duffy started the whole fracas. **** this ****** league and the ****** teams in it. Can't wait to go up. yes ref is right beside darren to see no contact. Darren then does best hold others back. Spineless decesion as was yellow after. Ref and linesmans tonight shocking. I dont believe anti Hibs its just ref standards crap and until held accountable for bad games wont change.

Allant1981
30-03-2017, 05:15 AM
just seen it again this morning, never a sending off in a million years, the official was about 1 yard away from the boy who went down so surely must have seen there was no contact, that boy from morton must surely get hammered for that, it was cheating plain and simple

Allant1981
30-03-2017, 05:18 AM

sorry but you couldnt be more wrong if you tried, any manager in any walk of life should defend his staff, if someone assaulted one of my guys and then i had a manager from another dept come in to my face saying god knows what id be going nuts as well

Pete
30-03-2017, 05:35 AM
If there's even a hint of a head gesture from McGregor then the red card will stand as it can be given for intent. The boys theatrics were a disgrace but that's not the point.

Worth appealing though as the beaks might see things differently but I doubt it (probably Huns involved somewhere).

Even if he is suspended we have decent cover at the back now. McLean, Ambrose, Stevenson, Hanlon and Forster should be enough for a few games.

Colr
30-03-2017, 05:48 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/alirv5/status/847207013625024512

18Hibee75
30-03-2017, 06:47 AM
What team do you support?

staunchhibby
30-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Could McGregor have been red carded for intent but this does not excuse the Morton player crumbling to the ground as though he had been shot

Argylehibby
30-03-2017, 07:37 AM
yes ref is right beside darren to see no contact. Darren then does best hold others back. Spineless decesion as was yellow after. Ref and linesmans tonight shocking. I dont believe anti Hibs its just ref standards crap and until held accountable for bad games wont change.

The ref is right there but he's not necessarily looking at the incident. I think it happens to the side of him (peripheral vision stuff) and that's why he's asked the linesman. I don't usually stand up for refs and I'd been giving this one pelted most of the night but I can see why he maybe wanted a 2nd opinion.

Ryan91
30-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Could McGregor have been red carded for intent but this does not excuse the Morton player crumbling to the ground as though he had been shot

He would have been sent of for "violent conduct" e.g. the ref thought McGregor did indeed headbutt the Morton player, ref can't send him off because he thought McGregor intended to headbutt him.

snooky
30-03-2017, 11:01 AM
He would have been sent of for "violent conduct" e.g. the ref thought McGregor did indeed headbutt the Morton player, ref can't send him off because he thought McGregor intended to headbutt him.

Like the old story about Steve Heighway.
He asked the ref if he would be sent off if he called him a ****. The ref said yes.
Heighway said, "Well what if I just think you're a ****? Could you send me off for that"? The ref said no.
Heighway says to the ref "Well in that case, I think you're a ****".

Argylehibby
31-03-2017, 11:03 AM

I'm pretty sure he can. If a player tries to boot an opponent but misses then just because his aim is poor or the opponent takes evasive action doesn't take away from the fact it's violent contact.

DarlingtonHibee
31-03-2017, 11:20 AM
That was up there with the hun that got mulgrew sent off for Aberdeen

Peevemor
31-03-2017, 11:30 AM
I'm pretty sure he can. If a player tries to boot an opponent but misses then just because his aim is poor or the opponent takes evasive action doesn't take away from the fact it's violent contact.

There's huge difference. If you take a swing at someone but miss, there was obviously intent.

McGregor never made a head butt movement, therefore any intent is only imagined.

Just Jimmy
31-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Worst post on the topic to date.

Well done.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Deansy
31-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Likewise I was west stand third row and could see it clearly: thing that gets menis the ref was no further than 5 yards away from mcrgregor and the Morton boy. I could see from 25 yards the boy dived better than Tom Daly

Which is a worrying, if not sinsister, sign for McGregor - how on earth that ref believed that a head-butt had actually happened right in front of him is just unbeleiveable ?

SouthMoroccoStu
31-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Excellent point

What happen with Mulgrew and the Rangers player?

Practically a like-for-like incident that could site an example for the appeal

where'stheslope
31-03-2017, 02:24 PM
An earlier poster I think got it spot on, there was so much going on around the referee, he took the option of sending someone off from both sides and both managers as they were on the field of play.
This way its up to the powers that be to make any further action, either to admonish or take more action.

Argylehibby
31-03-2017, 04:26 PM
There's huge difference. If you take a swing at someone but miss, there was obviously intent.

McGregor never made a head butt movement, therefore any intent is only imagined.

Firstly my point was in response to a post that said he couldn't be sent of if the ref only thought he intended to head but him but hadn't actually hit him. i'e. had missed.

I also think DM does make a forward movement, which in no way makes contact and I seriously doubt the intention was to make contact, but it does allow the ref (linesman) to believe he intended to nut him. Hopefully he gets off with it but I'm not certain he will.

HibbyKeith
31-03-2017, 07:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iUDg6JEo0

Marco G
31-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Which is a worrying, if not sinsister, sign for McGregor - how on earth that ref believed that a head-butt had actually happened right in front of him is just unbeleiveable ?
Yep, linesman 10 yards away tells him, but ref is right beside it and does nothing until linesman tells him, bizarre. Pity the other linesman had not told him keeper had handled outside the box. All stinks imo.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Argylehibby
31-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Yep, linesman 10 yards away tells him, but ref is right beside it and does nothing until linesman tells him, bizarre. Pity the other linesman had not told him keeper had handled outside the box. All stinks imo.

Linesman is no more than 3 or 4 yards away and is there before the cheat has hit the ground. He actually has a better view than the ref who is closer but not looking directly at the incident.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Did we appeal it? Can he play tomorrow?

If the appeal is rejected presumably he'll miss Morton away?

Marco G
31-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Linesman is no more than 3 or 4 yards away and is there before the cheat has hit the ground. He actually has a better view than the ref who is closer but not looking directly at the incident.
OK then that explains why the ref took his advice before getting it wrong!

Argylehibby
31-03-2017, 09:12 PM
OK then that explains why the ref took his advice before getting it wrong!

Correct!

danhibees1875
31-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Not convinced it should have been a red but McGregor shouldn't have went charging in like that and we'd have been a man to the good. It was a bit silly and rash and was never going to gain anything (when does it ever?).

We picked up similarly silly yellows against Falkirk. There was an incident when their player took Shinnie out when he was through into a dangerous position and Boyle ran over and gave him a wee shove. End result = both booked. It happened 2 minutes after Cummings was booked for diving (questionable again). So in that short space of time we'd had 2 silly errors of judgement and they had one terrible tackle that haulted a threatening attack and we had 2 bookings to their one.

We know the refs are rubbish, but let's stop giving them excuses to exercise their rubbishness.

madhatter
01-04-2017, 01:16 AM
Not convinced it should have been a red but McGregor shouldn't have went charging in like that and we'd have been a man to the good. It was a bit silly and rash and was never going to gain anything (when does it ever?).

We picked up similarly silly yellows against Falkirk. There was an incident when their player took Shinnie out when he was through into a dangerous position and Boyle ran over and gave him a wee shove. End result = both booked. It happened 2 minutes after Cummings was booked for diving (questionable again). So in that short space of time we'd had 2 silly errors of judgement and they had one terrible tackle that haulted a threatening attack and we had 2 bookings to their one.

We know the refs are rubbish, but let's stop giving them excuses to exercise their rubbishness.

McGregor rushing in did "gain" something, incompetent ref was reaching for his yellow card for that tackle. Ruckus and chance to send off a Hibs player saw that upgraded...

refs will exercise their garbage regardless. Egos and incompetence is a worrying combination for refs especially when combined with a shocking product and shocking governing body.

Our 2nd tier (championship) is filled to the rim with Frankenstein's monsters that can kick...anything and everything. Pace and aggression is all you need at this level, exceeding levels of over-aggression and the ability to commit horrendous tackles are allowed here and seemingly encouraged by some areas.

I remember QoS' Rangers supporting thug Lyle lunged and did 2 two-footed challenges on Gray in the same match last season and I don't think he even got booked.

Lets be honest Scottish football is dire and from youth level right up the mentality is wrong. And what is worrying is, what you have said above is our players should just remain quiet and watch their colleagues getting kicked around the park (glad I'm not on your team...). You point to Shinnie - he got injured in that tackle did he not? Now Forster is injured. But Hibs players should remain quiet? We are getting 1 injury a game from poor tackles at the moment...and opposition players rarely get booked or sent off. Oliver 5 fouls = "that's your final warning", Bartley 1 foul = booking. Actually, Bartley 0 foul has = red this season...

danhibees1875
01-04-2017, 06:38 AM
McGregor rushing in did "gain" something, incompetent ref was reaching for his yellow card for that tackle. Ruckus and chance to send off a Hibs player saw that upgraded...

refs will exercise their garbage regardless. Egos and incompetence is a worrying combination for refs especially when combined with a shocking product and shocking governing body.

Our 2nd tier (championship) is filled to the rim with Frankenstein's monsters that can kick...anything and everything. Pace and aggression is all you need at this level, exceeding levels of over-aggression and the ability to commit horrendous tackles are allowed here and seemingly encouraged by some areas.

I remember QoS' Rangers supporting thug Lyle lunged and did 2 two-footed challenges on Gray in the same match last season and I don't think he even got booked.

Lets be honest Scottish football is dire and from youth level right up the mentality is wrong. And what is worrying is, what you have said above is our players should just remain quiet and watch their colleagues getting kicked around the park (glad I'm not on your team...). You point to Shinnie - he got injured in that tackle did he not? Now Forster is injured. But Hibs players should remain quiet? We are getting 1 injury a game from poor tackles at the moment...and opposition players rarely get booked or sent off. Oliver 5 fouls = "that's your final warning", Bartley 1 foul = booking. Actually, Bartley 0 foul has = red this season...

I can't say one way or another as to whether McGregor's actions got the yellow upgraded to a red - i don't think getting himself sent off was worth it even if it did though.

I totally understand your point around camaraderie on the pitch, but there are better ways to show it than needlessly getting yourself booked for being a hot head. In my Shinnie example that you've picked up on, do you really think it was worth Boyle's time running over and giving the Falkirk player a little shove and ending up booked?

green day
01-04-2017, 07:32 AM
I can't say one way or another as to whether McGregor's actions got the yellow upgraded to a red - i don't think getting himself sent off was worth it even if it did though.

I totally understand your point around camaraderie on the pitch, but there are better ways to show it than needlessly getting yourself booked for being a hot head. In my Shinnie example that you've picked up on, do you really think it was worth Boyle's time running over and giving the Falkirk player a little shove and ending up booked?

Probably not,but, given they had targetted Shinnie from the first minute (Bairds tackle) he was probably just frustrated that the ref was not defending his player as he should.

The foul v card stats in the Falkirk and Morton games are ridic. We commit half the fouls, yet come out with the same yellows/reds.

I dont think the refs are bent, just hopeless and have no idea how to control the thugs at this level.

danhibees1875
01-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Probably not,but, given they had targetted Shinnie from the first minute (Bairds tackle) he was probably just frustrated that the ref was not defending his player as he should.

The foul v card stats in the Falkirk and Morton games are ridic. We commit half the fouls, yet come out with the same yellows/reds.

I dont think the refs are bent, just hopeless and have no idea how to control the thugs at this level.
A statistic that is heavily influenced by our cheap bookings (and of course the sevco supporting refs out to get us 😉).

Most games we seem to pick up really cheap yellows for dives(debatable tbh), kicking the ball away, pushing the opposition, celebrating off the pitch/at opposition.

Now, I'd happily argue that all of that (other than diving) is part of the passion and adrenaline of the game and should be treated as such by officials. But that's just not the case just now, officials are strict on this stuff and we shouldn't be giving the ref the decision to make in these situations.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Marco G
01-04-2017, 09:54 AM
A statistic that is heavily influenced by our cheap bookings (and of course the sevco supporting refs out to get us 😉).

Most games we seem to pick up really cheap yellows for dives(debatable tbh), kicking the ball away, pushing the opposition, celebrating off the pitch/at opposition.

Now, I'd happily argue that all of that (other than diving) is part of the passion and adrenaline of the game and should be treated as such by officials. But that's just not the case just now, officials are strict on this stuff and we shouldn't be giving the ref the decision to make in these situations.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Problem here is that despite this ref usually doing Premier league games he looked out his depth to stop an obvious plan by Morton to concede free kicks to break up the game. I lost count of how many times one of our defenders was fouled to allow them to get back into their defensive shape if they lost the ball in our half. Telling a serial Morton offender to cut it out after 5 similar challenges then booking Bartley for an obvious accidental clip on the boys ankles, while the Morton player is in his own half going towards his own goal, sums it up for me.

O'Rourke3
01-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Since Neil's now got it in for the press I want to see the reaction if McGregor's red isn't rescinded. He is definitely guilty of a run in, toe to toe stance. If the beaks decide that's enough violent conduct then every single game from now on until players learn not to must have similar sendings off. The correct result should be double sending off for the Morton player or we'll be appealing with TV evidence every week where the ref has not dealt with the same situation..

01-04-2017, 10:52 AM
The Morton number 9 ought to be thoroughly mortified at his cringeworthy, pathetic play acting and feigning injury. McGreagor didn't touch him, if he did it was the slightest of touches, more of a gesture than a head butt. Yes, McGreagor shouldn't have gone forward and confronted him as it gave him the opportunity to con the ref into sending him off but the number 9 (i don't even know his name, another ****ing nobody who only gets attention through stuff like this) was utterly embarrassing the way he threw himself the the ground grabbing his face and rolling around as if he'd just been skelped in the puss by Mike Tyson. Cringeworthy and just blatant cheating, theres no two ways about it.

If someone had done that to him in the street and he went flying to the ground and started rolling around in feigned agony, people would think he'd lost the plot. Why do these idiots somehow think its dignified just because its on a football pitch?!