PDA

View Full Version : Not wishing to tempt fate but when's the earliest we could officially win the title?

G B Young
28-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Sorry if already been answered on another thread, but when would be the earliest we could officially be crowned champions? Final Hibs Kids game of the season is the home game v QoS and it would be great to be able to take the kids that day if it proves to be the day we tie up the title.

H18 SFR
28-03-2017, 05:03 PM
All being well the Queens game is the likely match.

Lancs Harp
28-03-2017, 05:06 PM
All being well the Queens game is the likely match.

A perfect send off for the Cup semi final the following weekend.

:flag:

18Hibee75
28-03-2017, 05:07 PM
I think the earliest we could possibly win it is Morton away, we would have to win our next three games and I think Falkirk and Dundee united would both have to drop points between them, would prefer it to be the Qos game at home a week before the Scottish cup Semi however!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

PatHead
28-03-2017, 06:53 PM
I think the earliest we could possibly win it is Morton away, we would have to win our next three games and I think Falkirk and Dundee united would both have to drop points between them, would prefer it to be the Qos game at home a week before the Scottish cup Semi however!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

What about if Morton and the others drop points.

danhibees1875
28-03-2017, 06:56 PM
What about if Morton and the others drop points.

Us winning our next 3 would Morton lose those 2 against us which would put them out of contention.

Morton away is the earliest, queens at home is more likely, Anyone at anywhere will do though.

Sir David Gray
28-03-2017, 07:46 PM
It's possible to win it away to Morton on April 8th but we would need other results to go in our favour for that to happen.

If we win our next four matches we will win the title at home to Queen of the South on April 15th regardless of any other results.

Colr
28-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Win the next two games we could be 16 points ahead with only 15 remaining and 18 for Morton. So second Morton game.

Andy74
28-03-2017, 09:38 PM
I thought we could win on Saturday if results go the right way?

Sir David Gray
28-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Win the next two games we could be 16 points ahead with only 15 remaining and 18 for Morton. So second Morton game.

We're relying on other results for that to happen.

The first time we can win the title without any other results needing to go our way is the home match vs Queen of the South.

I thought we could win on Saturday if results go the right way?

No. The most we can be ahead by on Saturday night is 16 points. That would definitely put Falkirk out of the equation as they would only have 5 games left but Morton would still have 6 games left to play. Dundee Utd could technically still win it as well as they would be 17 points behind with 6 games left.

Pescarese
28-03-2017, 10:10 PM

Three wins probably does it, but it needs Dundee Utd to drop points in either of their next two games. They're against QoS and Falkirk, so highly likely they will.

BroxburnHibee
28-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Am I reading it wrong? Can't we win it on Saturday if results go our way?

Sir David Gray
28-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Am I reading it wrong? Can't we win it on Saturday if results go our way?

No. If we win tomorrow and on Saturday then we'll have 64 points.

Morton can only be a maximum of 16 points behind us by Saturday night and they'll still have 6 games (18 points) still to play. Dundee Utd will also be no more than 17 points behind us by Saturday night and again they'll have 6 games (18 points) left to play.

AgentDaleCooper
28-03-2017, 10:23 PM
No. If we win tomorrow and on Saturday then we'll have 64 points.

Morton can only be a maximum of 16 points behind us by Saturday night and they'll still have 6 games (18 points) still to play. Dundee Utd will also be no more than 17 points behind us by Saturday night and again they'll have 6 games (18 points) left to play.

morton and utd would have 5 games left by saturday night - utd currently on 29, morton on 28 but have 2 games between now and the end of the week - so would could win it on saturday if results go our way :aok:

Sir David Gray
28-03-2017, 10:30 PM
morton and utd would have 5 games left by saturday night - utd currently on 29, morton on 28 but have 2 games between now and the end of the week - so would could win it on saturday if results go our way :aok:

Morton and Dundee Utd would both have 6 games left by Saturday night.

Morton have currently played 28 matches - they play us tomorrow and Dumbarton on Saturday so 30 matches played and 6 remaining
Dundee Utd have currently played 29 matches - they play Queen of the South on Saturday so 30 matches played and 6 remaining

We cannot win the title on Saturday.

Topographic Hibby
28-03-2017, 10:31 PM
morton and utd would have 5 games left by saturday night
Six games after Saturday - we play 36 games in this league.

Edit. Sir David beat me to it with a better, fuller reply.