PDA

View Full Version : Any teams you have a soft spot for?

18Hibee75
28-03-2017, 10:07 AM
After seeing a forum on who your most hated teams are, I wondered if there was any one who had a soft spot for another team IN SCOTLAND. Personally, there's no other team that I want to necessarily win and there's no one who I look out for, but if I was to pick a team it would be Dunfermline - I like their style of play and the way their fans all support their local team and get behind their club.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Dunfy if I had to pick, always used to like going there for some reason.

CallumLaidlaw
28-03-2017, 10:13 AM
I now live in Dunfermline and have a lot of mates that are Dunfermline fans, so don't mind seeing them doing well, unless against us. Although the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual going by the fans at their games.

My son plays for Elgin Star 2005's so he always looks out for Elgins results.

Peevemor
28-03-2017, 10:14 AM
After seeing a forum on who your most hated teams are, I wondered if there was any one who had a soft spot for another team IN SCOTLAND. Personally, there's no other team that I want to necessarily win and there's no one who I look out for, but if I was to pick a team it would be Dunfermline - I like their style of play and the way their fans all support their local team and get behind their club.

I had a wee soft spot for Dunfermline under Leishman in the 80s and then Raith Rovers in the early-mid 90s (I went to a good few of their matches with Rovers supporting mates when Hibs weren't playing).

Babyshamble
28-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Dunfermline

Diclonius
28-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Arbroath are my second team - grew up in Carnoustie.

Pretty Boy
The only other Scottish club I've ever regularly watched (and played for) is Spartans so I'd say them.

Apart from that I'm indifferent to most teams. Some I dislike quite a lot, others I just don't care about.

Auckland Hibs
Meadowbank Thistle

H18 SFR
28-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Ayr Utd.

Regularly bring 3 Ayr fans to Easter Road. Including this week Vs Morton.

Edit - two were there that famous day in May.

Greendeal
28-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Edinburgh City - Before they were admitted to the SPFL I would go to the occasional league/cup game

Spartans - I lived close to City Park when I was growing up so would see lots of them. The SC game v Livvy when Livvy had all of their Spanish imports was brilliant

Gala - Fond memories of Hibs v Gala preseason friendlies when I was a kid

tamig
28-03-2017, 10:31 AM
My dad's from Maryhill originally so I've always had a soft spot for the Jags.

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Tin hat on here but it's Celtic. Always looked for their results as a kid especially after we signed King Kenny in 1977. In them days I hadn't really heard of many other Scottish teams either.

MartinfaePorty
28-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Best friend growing up was a Dundee Utd fan, so always had a soft spot for them (1st European tie I saw was Utd v PSV Eindhoven, early 1980s). Then started working with another Utd fan who became a mate and have been to a few European ties, cup semis and finals with him. Also have a good mate who has a season ticket for St Johnstone, so have been to a fair few of their games as well To be fair, I just like watching football and it's relaxing watching a game where you are not really entirely bothered who wins for a change!

lord bunberry
28-03-2017, 10:37 AM
I always like to see Dundee do well after 1986 :greengrin

JDHibs
28-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Ayr United.

Used to go and watch them with family friends when i was a kid. Like seeing them doing well.

Sweet Left Peg
28-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Berwick Rangers cos I'd sometines go with my dad if we couldn't see Hibs. I know they're not technically in Scotland but they play in our league, so I think that counts.

lugz
28-03-2017, 10:45 AM
I had a soft spot for Celtic while I was a young lad this was due to my dad supporting them and being taken to European games and away trips in europe. Now that my dad has passed it's to a lesser extent but I'd still much rather see them winning the league than Rangers.

Since90+2
28-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Going abit further down the pryamid system I have always admired what Spartans have achieved. They have hundreds of kids training at their facilities each week and have a real community spirit built around the club.

Hopefully they can get up to the league system at some point and get better crowds by picking up fans from Hibs and Hearts when their respective teams are away from home.

Edit - Oh and you can get a pint at half time!

EH54
28-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Livingston although after 2004 it became a lot harder to like them,

Smartie
28-03-2017, 10:53 AM
I went in the Dundee end at a few derbies when I lived in Dundee.

My other half (and a few friends as well as a lot of people through my brother's extended family) follows Dunfermline and I go to the odd game with her so I quite like them too.

I have good mates who follow both Falkirk and Morton and I don't mind them either. I don't like the current incarnation of Falkirk but I like what Duffy's done with the young players at Morton.

I also had a good mate who supports Dundee United but I can't be bothered with them.

It's been quite a fun season for me in many ways. I don't know anyone who supports Ross County, Inverness, Hamilton or Patrick Thistle so in many ways it will be a bit duller if/when we go up.

IWasThere2016
28-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Dundee

mim
28-03-2017, 11:01 AM
East Fife and Montrose

Elephant Stone
28-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Dunfermline have always seemed sound to me. Used to love going to see us at East End Park when I was wee, seem to remember their mascot Sammy the Tammy bringing out an ironing board and ironing his pars strip, which I thought was hilarious. Good club.

Also quite like Dundee United. Unique strip like ours and decent fans.

Other than that I'm not ashamed to say that I have a lot of respect for Celtic. I would rather they won the league than Rangers, every time, and when they're in Europe I like to see them do well.

Dashing Bob S
28-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Forfar Athletic

Swedish hibee
28-03-2017, 11:20 AM
I think St Johnstone are a cracking wee club. How they do what they do each season with so little money coming in is truly remarkable.

kennyh
28-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Accies for me. After living here for a few years I went with a couple of pals who are Accies fans and started to take my kids (they had both been to Easter Rd several times with me and knew all about the Hibees but they slowly became Accies fans which I didn't mind as I just wanted to ensure they did not follow the rest over here and become OF fans.
Job was done on that front very quickly I am pleased to say, my lad was chuffed to bits when Accies dumped us for their promotion but its came full circle now with both supporting Hibs and my proudest moment as a Hibee was not actually seeing David Gray lift the SC but seeing my two kids sing all through the match then be part of the most emotional rendition of Sunshine on Leith on our special day back in May.

My son and I always look for the Accies score though none of us have been down in over two years now to watch a match. I hope they manage to stay up.

GGTTH

Billychaotic182
28-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Im originally from Leven so has to be East Fife

neil7908
28-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Funnily enough I would have said Falkirk a few years ago and my dad grew up there and I used to go watch them when I was young visiting my grandparents who still lived there.

Not so sure anymore!

jgl07
28-03-2017, 11:32 AM
I quite like Dunfermline.

I liked Raith Rovers in the 1990s when they had their UEFA Cup run ending up against Bayern Munich at Easter Road.

I did like to watch Airdrie when Steve Archibald was managing them circa 2000, although I despised them when McDonald managed them in the 1990s.

cmcd
28-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Peebkes Rovers

bringbackbenny
28-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Meadowbank Thistle

Great choicehttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif . Used to really enjoy going to see Meadowbank when Hibs were away. Also some good away days.

Iceman1875
28-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Inverness and out of the old firm Celtic every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfiembra
28-03-2017, 11:52 AM
My Dad was a Clyde supporter and remember seeing Hibs play them at Shawfield long long time ago, so always had a soft spot for them.

Kato
28-03-2017, 11:55 AM
No ones done it yet so someone has to...

Team: Hearts - Soft Spot: Quick Sand

Sammy7nil
28-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Honestly there is no other team I look out for there results or have a soft spot for.

When I was at school I had an English team but that has long since faded.

The only two teams I am interested in are Hibs and Scotland.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2017, 12:00 PM
Dunfermline have always seemed sound to me. Used to love going to see us at East End Park when I was wee, seem to remember their mascot Sammy the Tammy bringing out an ironing board and ironing his pars strip, which I thought was hilarious. Good club.

He then used it as a surfboard as they played Surfin' USA :greengrin

Pars for me I suppose, used to be Raith but not as long as they have skacel in their ranks.

superfurryhibby
28-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Barcelona. I lived in Catalonia for a year and my two youngest boys are Catalans ( one lives there). Only seen them play once, but I definitely have. Soft spot for them.

The other team whose results I follow is TFT South West. My oldest laddie is their goalkeeper. Remarkable haul of trophies since they started up four seasons ago. They won the Surrey County Cup (Junior) in 2016 and made the step up the leagues. Now looking very likely they will win the Intermediate 2 in their first season and make the step up to the 12th tier of English League football. Needless to say I'm proud that my boy's footballing achievements have eclipsed my own.

Speedway
28-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Arsenal, Ipswich and West Ham

They always seemed the teams with the least swaps in the Panini days. Instant goodwill towards them on that basis.

hibstag
28-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Ross county for me it's amazing how they have grown since I grew up in Dingwall. I have a lot of fond memories of Victoria park in the highland league during 80/90s . The league cup final was a really weird experience for me as my dad and brother both hibees were in the 'wrong' end. Still my wee team and looking forward to watching hibs getting three points up the road next year.

LichtieHibby
28-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Arbroath are my second team - grew up in Carnoustie.

Fancy that! Me too except I grew up in Arbroath.

'Mon the Lichties

(I note Arbroath have lighted their strip colour which is a bonus. I wouldn't call it maroon any more)

Roxyhibee
28-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Always want Partick Thistle to do well. Admire their fans for rejecting bigotry and glory hunting and supporting their club in that city of the gruesome twosome.

Zazu62
28-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Forfar Athletic

Any reason why? Quite like looking out for Edinburgh City scores on a Saturday thesedays

O'Rourke3
28-03-2017, 12:56 PM
St Johnstone. As a regular Perth visitor i'd see if there was a match on there and go.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
28-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Any reason why? Quite like looking out for Edinburgh City scores on a Saturday thesedays

Same but I'm not sure if it's just because we've got a couple of players on loan there and, more recently, because of Deek.

GordonHFC
28-03-2017, 01:02 PM
I was born in Falkirk and my dad was a Season Ticket holder at Brockville and saw them win the cup so I have a soft spot for................................ Stenhousemuir

frazeHFC
28-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Used to go to 1 or 2 Liverpool games a season as someone got me tickets. So they are definitely my favourite English team. Soft spot for Wigan also due to family connections.

I quite like Caley/County too. Went to college up there and it was full of old firm fans, so have a lot of respect for those that actually support their local teams. Cracking trips too, miss them!

Tamhere1875
28-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Hibernian development team

Hibs Class
28-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Queen of the South. That was my dad's team when he was growing up so always looked for their results. The likes of Lyle and Millar have tested my fondness in recent times though!

Lancs Harp
28-03-2017, 01:24 PM
None really in Scotland, oh possibly, Edinburgh City I've seen a couple of times.

In England, Blackpool

Johnny Clash
28-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Always want Partick Thistle to do well. Admire their fans for rejecting bigotry and glory hunting and supporting their club in that city of the gruesome twosome.

Strangely enough I met up with my mate (Jags fan) in The Artisan boozer on Abbeyhill years ago. One of their coachload of supporters had a right go at my mate talking to a 'FB'!! They were all embarrassed and put him in his place but just goes to show every support has its fair share of zoomers!

18Hibee75
28-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Outside of Scotland I forgot to add I am a Cardiff City fan, always have been since I was little. Most of my family are from Wales, they remind a wee bit of Hibs

Paisley Hibby
28-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Tin hat on here but it's Celtic. Always looked for their results as a kid especially after we signed King Kenny in 1977. In them days I hadn't really heard of many other Scottish teams either.

To b fair, Celtic fans are really just Hibees who have lost their way 😉

Elephant Stone
28-03-2017, 01:46 PM
He then used it as a surfboard as they played Surfin' USA :greengrin

Haha, amazing. :tee hee: Come on the Pars.

Green Fish
28-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Live just along from east end park. Like to see the Pars do well but hope they get a humping on saturday!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
28-03-2017, 01:51 PM
I've never lived in Scotland so I can't comment really, all about Hibs/the national team. Quite like Bohemians in Ireland, West Ham and Norwich down south.

lugz
28-03-2017, 02:02 PM

Glad I'm not the only one haha

Fuzzywuzzy
28-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Always had a soft spot for aberdeen. Used to go to the occasional game with mates who were ****gers. Can remember we got pulled over by the polis midweek on the way back down the road. As a 17 year old I panicked and tried to swallow the roaches from the ashtray. Nearly choked!!!!

aussie_hibee
28-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Edinburgh City. Went to school with the coaches and one of the assistants is one of my best mates.
They also let me train with them when I'm back on holiday.
Might have to book some flights just to train alongside deeks.

Pete
28-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Celtic.

Our shared Irish roots and republican philosophies mean we ALL should admire and look out for our green brothers.

Peevemor
28-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Celtic.

Our shared Irish roots and republican philosophies mean we ALL should admire and look out for our green brothers.

Crikey :offski:

hibbydog
28-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Probably Dunfermline. Decent fan base and history. Hope we pump them on Saturday though.

And Patrick thistle. There's something to be admired about a weegie who doesn't support Celtic or sevco.

MKHIBEE
28-03-2017, 02:34 PM
My dad's from Maryhill originally so I've always had a soft spot for the Jags.
Im from Maryhill so it's the Jags for me

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2017, 02:44 PM

Joining you :offski:

stuart-farquhar
28-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Nope.

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Gala Fairydean Rovers ...... used to watch then quite a lot in the days when I couldn't afford Hibs games and of course my local club, quite involved in their walking football team too :greengrin

I have a soft spot for Dundee because games against them always seem to be good ones, I cant ever remember a Dundee team coming to ER and trying to shut up shop. If not their clubs I also have a soft spot for fans of teams within the gravitational pull of the ugly sisters, hats off to anybody in that region who can resist their evil influence.

In spite of my big brother being a Man Utd fan ( he was born in Manchester I hasten to add ) I cant bring myself to allow brotherly love to influence my football choices .... I have a soft spot for Everton doon that England.

Tom Hart RIP
28-03-2017, 03:00 PM
I admired the Celtic team of late 60s early 70s due to the way they played and also Fergies Aberdeen for dominating the OF.
Never took to Dundee Utd for some reason.

Pete
28-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Im from Maryhill so it's the Jags for me

Thistle are one of mine. Stylish club who's fans have the guts not to choose one of the uglies.

Also like Ross County for some reason and if I could have chosen anyone to bear us in the league cup final it would have been them. Maybe it's their location and it's scenery.

I used to admire Falkirk a few years ago but they've changed. A team full of young stars has been Houstonised.

Don't care much for Dunfermline either. Overspending, mocking their "wee" rivals, pleading poverty and becoming media darlings after the begging bowl has saved them while still giving it the "big team" stuff. Sound familiar? Saying that, they're my local team and I'll still sometimes watch them if we're in different leagues.

jacomo
28-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Kilmarnock for me.

Seem to have decent fans and no chip on their shoulder.

JimBHibees
28-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Celtic.

You forgot the fishing rod at the end of that message.

makaveli1875
28-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Ajax

Hibrandenburg
28-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Partick Thistle. Any team and their fans that share a city with the ugly sisters and resist the temptation of their polarisation deserve respect.

alihibs1
28-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Peterhead. Don't ask me why.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

snooky
28-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Jags (Thistle supporters deserve respect given the choice they made, IMO)
Dunfy, Raith & Sheep
Sunderland & Newcastle

Hibs1969
28-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Dundee United. Always liked their bright orange kit as a kid and liked them under McLean in the 80s. Tannadice is a good old fashioned ground too. I Hope they come up with us ahead of Falkirk or Morton.

esjorto
28-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Growing up in Blairgowrie, going to Dens Park was a big thrill. Also where I first saw Hibs. Lin Ch young teenager and although I went to Ceentral Park a lot, nevever took to themunfermline was better, but by this time I could get to Easter Road much more often. Lived in Glasgow for five years and mostly went to see Thistle when I couldn't get to a Hibs game. Back in the days of "Firhill for thrills" and it certainly was.
As a wee lad, nly English team I liked were Arsenal because of the white sleeves; this in the days before TV and colour pictures in newspapers. Used to think they copied Hibs!

Smartie
28-03-2017, 04:21 PM
to b fair, celtic fans are really just hibees who have lost their soap, dignity and any sense of good taste 😉

ftfy

SirDavidsNapper
28-03-2017, 04:25 PM
I have a soft spot for the Pars. If Hibs weren't here I'd probably go and watch them. Good fan base and history and obviously local.

#persevered
28-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Jags. Their fans stay away from the bigotry and the club genuinely gets involved in the community. Plus that mascot was, hands down, the funniest football story for ages.

Mick O'Rourke
28-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Dunfermline Athletic.
As a schoolboy (early/mid 60s)i saw a couple of European football nights at East End Park.
No real memory of one game, although my brother reminds me i was there, Pars beating Valencia 6-2.
I also saw them at Hampden in 1968 when they won the Scottish Cup,defeating the "famous" macaroons 3-1.
Alex Edwards .who would later become a Hibernian legend, played in that final.
I hope the Pars get promoted next season.

Dundee United, too... Or Dundee Hibernian to be precise;-)

Deansy
28-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Split between Dunfermline and Motherwell - Dunfermline as I've had many a great night with some of their fans I've known for years !

Motherwell - Chippy just up the road from Fir Park (just cannot mind the name) serves - imho - the finest fish-supper I know !

shetlandhibee
28-03-2017, 05:41 PM
hibs.................:agree::wink:

edwards
28-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Dunfermline as I always remember being across at pettycur bay in a caravan further up the hill and i looked out the window to see jim leishman discussing some business so I went out for a chat he owned the caravan next and was across to check on it and was a perfect gentleman and didn't ignore me, was a good laugh as well

The Harp Awakes
28-03-2017, 06:20 PM
An away game at East End Park to see the Hibs is always a great day out. Never had any hassle wi the Pars fans over the years and would like them to get promoted.

No time for Celtic although I'm always routing for them to beat Sevco. As a club in recent years Celtic have also been pretty reasonable with us. The Stokes and Henderson loans went a long way to winning us the Cup and they got us out of a hole with the Scott Allan situation. Effe Ambrose wad also great piece of business just at the right time.

Slavoj Zizek
28-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Meadowbank Thistle

This. Used to pop in to the Golden Gate when everyone's favourite Duffle coat wearing mathematics teacher was manager. I know there are a few lesser greens on here but for the life of me I cannot understand why Hibernian season ticket holder would "have a soft spot" for any other competitor in the [semi] professional leagues. EDIT: HYPOCRISY ALERT: - I have been to Meadowbank 4 times this season to see Edinburgh City. :na na:

ian cruise
28-03-2017, 06:23 PM

I think that's meant as a joke, at least I certainly hope it was.

JohnMcM
28-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Berwick Rangers, ever since that magical Scottish Cup game against those that shall not be spoken of.

givescotlandfreedom
28-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Only Hibs.

Annasam
28-03-2017, 07:00 PM
Only Hibs.

Mansfield Town.

I saw them in the Anglo Scottish Cup in the 70's. They had black players in white shirts. Couldn't believe they weren't European Champions. I was only a boy but was mega impressed. Have been following their results ever since!

gordonced18
28-03-2017, 07:03 PM
My daughter lives in Oz....Her ex boyfriend was a big Sydney Blues fan so I was chuffed to see them run away with the A-league title this season. On a better note he is now a massive Hibby and has watched all of our recent cup finals in Cheers bar with midnight ko times

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

gordonced18
28-03-2017, 07:07 PM
The chippy at Motherwell......You'd need to be there before that fat bellend Tam Cowan to get a fish supper 😀😀😀

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

alihibs1
28-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Down south I have a real soft spot for Hartlepool United

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hibs#1
28-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Stirling albion other than that I either hate or have no real feelings for any other team.

Risboro Hibby
28-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Probably got to be East Fife my mum's team

Always remembering her going on about her brothers my uncles going through to see them win the Scottish Cup. She was so pleased that they were the only team ever to have won the cup whilst not playing in the top division

Little did we know then that Hibs would be the second.

Allant1981
28-03-2017, 07:26 PM
dont really have a soft spot for any team apart from hibs, i used to look out for east stirling results but only due to playing a few games for them pre season 10/11 years ago to help out the manager

Sir David Gray
28-03-2017, 07:27 PM
It changes from week to week really, usually based on whoever Hearts are playing.

Crab apple
28-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Stirling albion other than that I either hate or have no real feelings for any other team.

Me too. Grew up in Stirling so have to be my second team.

jabis
28-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Buckie thistle,look forward to seeing them at meadowbank next season,when they replace cowdenbeath:flag:

Eyrie
28-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Can't say that there is any team other than Hibs that I want to win.

I'll wish friends well when their teams are playing, and actually mean it with the exception of three clubs.

Mr White
28-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Sparta Rotterdam and Brisbane Roar simply because they often seem to be involved in high scoring entertaining matches when I watch them on TV.

Bay Area Hibees
28-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Dundee united due to 80 s exploits plus was at uni there

Plus Dunfermline aided by Stuart Adamson being a fan RIP

Godsahibby
28-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Always had a soft spot for Raith Rovers. Had family from Kirkcaldy.

Hated it when Locke took over!

Lancs Harp
28-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Avidly followed Melchester Rovers as a kid.

weecounty hibby
28-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Alloa due to being born and brought up in the town and still living close by. Everton due to Andy King 1977.

IGRIGI
28-03-2017, 09:00 PM
For me Dundee, soft spot developed early 2000's when they had put together that team with Canigga, Nemsadze etc. Was a cracking / bampot team that played some great football.

eastmainsmsh
28-03-2017, 09:04 PM
For me Dundee, soft spot developed early 2000's when they had put together that team with Canigga, Nemsadze etc. Was a cracking / bampot team that played some great football.

They were quality mate

BoomtownHibees
28-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Raith Rovers due to the fact that every team that beats them in the cup go on to win it.

Oh wait..........

snooky
28-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Avidly followed Melchester Rovers as a kid.

I was a Redburn Rovers fan, back in the day.
(Gorgeous Gus in the Victor)

Green Diet
28-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Lived in Oxford for a few years so has to be the mighty Us.

jacomo
28-03-2017, 10:32 PM

The white feather too.

Insane team.

My_Wife_Camille
28-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Don't have a soft spot for any team at all.

I do however have respect for almost every supporter out there who follows their local team over Celtic or Rangers.

These are real football fans

Except Aberdeen and Motherwell. I ****ing hate them

Highland_Hibee
28-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Clachnacuddin. If it wasn't for my fathers love of them and dislike of Caley I would probably have never found my way to supporting Hibs in the first place.

connerg
29-03-2017, 02:16 AM
Clachnacuddin. If it wasn't for my fathers love of them and dislike of Caley I would probably have never found my way to supporting Hibs in the first place.

You can't leave it like that! Although Clachnacuddin is a great name. Tell us the reason please?

houstonhibbee
29-03-2017, 03:08 AM
I used to like dunfermline as well

i remember going there for a midweek game around 1969 in the league cup and it was a tidy ground. Good support and I liked the strip!

Still preferred hibs strip. Remember the fans singing jimmy o rourke's name and I'm sure peter corMack was also playing. I was 11.

ALF TUPPER
29-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Honestly,....? Nope. Not interested in any other team or club.
Everyone else is the opposition. 😁

#GGTTH

BSEJVT
29-03-2017, 09:54 AM
I honestly don't have a soft spot for any other Scottish teams, just varying degrees of dislike :-)

I personally cant see the Dunfermline love in, when they were overspending on the likes of Brewster & Crawford et al their fans were every bits as annoying as Falkirk fans are today.

Cut from the same cloth IMO, their only redeeming features is they hate each other with a passion.

jgl07
29-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Raith Rovers due to the fact that every team that beats them in the cup go on to win it.

Oh wait..........

But what about the team who beats the team who beats Raith?

hibs#1
29-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Me too. Grew up in Stirling so have to be my second team.

That's my reason aswell.im still here right enough.
Been to a couple of games years ago not the same as hibs but always wish them success.

DarlingtonHibee
29-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Villa, lived in Birmingham for two years. Des Bremner was there at the time.

Mick O'Rourke
29-03-2017, 11:30 AM
BSEVJT
Indeed,the Pars got a few thumbs up on this thread.
Could be a generational thing,though.
Dunfermline were a terrific side during the 60s.
East End Park development itself was ahead of many stadiums back in the day.
They invested in covering the terraces, when we were still getting soaked on the big terraces at Easter Road.
Pre cave era ;-)

It was an enjoyable experience going there.
And we always took a large support "over the water" when playing them.
In fact, i could get there quicker from Clermiston than i could if the match was at Easter Road !

Bill Milne
29-03-2017, 02:12 PM
BSEVJT
Indeed,the Pars got a few thumbs up on this thread.
Could be a generational thing,though.
Dunfermline were a terrific side during the 60s.
East End Park development itself was ahead of many stadiums back in the day.
They invested in covering the terraces, when we were still getting soaked on the big terraces at Easter Road.
Pre cave era ;-)

It was an enjoyable experience going there.
And we always took a large support "over the water" when playing them.
In fact, i could get there quicker from Clermiston than i could if the match was at Easter Road !

Couldn't agree more, mate, always a good time to be had in Dunfermline!!

Islington Hibs
29-03-2017, 02:21 PM
My Dad was a Clyde supporter and remember seeing Hibs play them at Shawfield long long time ago, so always had a soft spot for them.

I like Clyde too. I lived in Glasgow for a few years and admired their stoic support. There can have also been few teams that have fallen so far. I am concerned they may lose there league status. Results have been awful and if they lose to Cowdenbeath on Saturday they are in a real dog fight for bottom spot. Would be a tragedy of they slipped out of the league.

SkintHibby
29-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Dunfermline.

I was born in Dunfermline and went to a few of their games with a Pars schoolmate when I was a teenager.

:agree:

Fuzzywuzzy
29-03-2017, 03:23 PM

Some good guys at clach and treated us well when a group of us went to a game. The football was guff, hospitality great

Canon Hannan
29-03-2017, 03:32 PM
OGC Nice - great team to watch and superb Ultras who back them for 90 minutes every game. Son played for the Youth team and we followed the top team every ther week.

29-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Shamrock Rovers. My Mam being from a small town in Co.Kildare called Naas abut 30/45 mins from Dublin always liked Rovers. In scotland would be Edinburgh City, In England as much as I hate the country Liverpool, Norwich and Tranmere.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

29-03-2017, 05:36 PM
I've never lived in Scotland so I can't comment really, all about Hibs/the national team. Quite like Bohemians in Ireland, West Ham and Norwich down south.
Bohs are crap mon the Rovers 🍀😂

29-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Celtic.

Naw. I am half Irish and HATE them.

Highland_Hibee
29-03-2017, 06:07 PM
You can't leave it like that! Although Clachnacuddin is a great name. Tell us the reason please?

Haha well my father isn't a man of many rules but when it comes to football he does have strong opinions. ICT as many may not be aware is an amalgamation of two former Highland League rivals Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle. The 3rd Inverness club and my Dad's team Clach rejected this merger to preserve their own identity.

Growing up I went along to their games with him. I remember once taking home from Primary School a free kids ticket for a Caley game and my Dad not approving and sending me with a Caley supporting friend of his.

In later school year you'd always be asked who's your football team? I'd just respond Clach to be often met with "aye but who's your 'big' team Celtic or Rangers?" One day I innocently asked my Dad why he doesn't support either of them. He told me all about them and why I'd certainly never be seen in an old firm shirt under his roof.

That might tell you why I don't support my local team or follow the old firm crowd but it doesn't tell you why Hibs and honestly supporting Hibs actually began as a joke. The same pals who would always want me to follow Celtic, Rangers or Caley with them convinced themselves they would have me supporting one of the "big teams" by the end of the week. I was getting a little annoyed as I knew my Dad wouldn't approve anyway. I remembered this particular week a certain team had just knocked Rangers out of the League cup having also knocked out Celtic in the previous round.

It got to the end of the week and sure enough I got asked so I said "I support neither of them. My team put both your teams out the cup, my team is Hibs".

It just became normal for me to answer Hibs from then on and it grew into a real fondness. Following the scores, then buying shirts and merchandise then getting down to a few matches and eventually the full circle in becoming a season ticket holder.

Long story and maybe not a particularly good one but that's my Life with Hibs. [emoji23]

Mr White
29-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Haha well my father isn't a man of many rules but when it comes to football he does have strong opinions. ICT as many may not be aware is an amalgamation of two former Highland League rivals Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle. The 3rd Inverness club and my Dad's team Clach rejected this merger to preserve their own identity.

Growing up I went along to their games with him. I remember once taking home from Primary School a free kids ticket for a Caley game and my Dad not approving and sending me with a Caley supporting friend of his.

In later school year you'd always be asked who's your football team? I'd just respond Clach to be often met with "aye but who's your 'big' team Celtic or Rangers?" One day I innocently asked my Dad why he doesn't support either of them. He told me all about them and why I'd certainly never be seen in an old firm shirt under his roof.

That might tell you why I don't support my local team or follow the old firm crowd but it doesn't tell you why Hibs and honestly supporting Hibs actually began as a joke. The same pals who would always want me to follow Celtic, Rangers or Caley with them convinced themselves they would have me supporting one of the "big teams" by the end of the week. I was getting a little annoyed as I knew my Dad wouldn't approve anyway. I remembered this particular week a certain team had just knocked Rangers out of the League cup having also knocked out Celtic in the previous round.

It got to the end of the week and sure enough I got asked so I said "I support neither of them. My team put both your teams out the cup, my team is Hibs".

It just became normal for me to answer Hibs from then on and it grew into a real fondness. Following the scores, then buying shirts and merchandise then getting down to a few matches and eventually the full circle in becoming a season ticket holder.

Long story and maybe not a particularly good one but that's my Life with Hibs. [emoji23]

Brilliant and as good a reason as anyone else's :thumbsup:

Highland_Hibee
30-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Brilliant and as good a reason as anyone else's :thumbsup:

Haha cheers. Beaten by Livi in the final too, set the tone early for disappointments to come. [emoji23]

connerg
31-03-2017, 05:23 AM

I do remember something about that now! How you chose Hibs is a great story. Bet your Dads' happy you never chose the OF. :thumbsup:

Frogga
31-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Funnily enough I would have said Falkirk a few years ago and my dad grew up there and I used to go watch them when I was young visiting my grandparents who still lived there.

Not so sure anymore!

I'm with you on that one!

I like Motherwell - I used to have family there so have fond memories of the away days at Fir Park. For the 6-6 my Brother in Law left at 6-2 so we were both gutted at the end!

If Hibs didn't exist then they'd be my next choice.

Betty Boop
31-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Rangers.

HibbyAndy
31-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Norwich