PDA

View Full Version : Least favourite teams

alihibs1
28-03-2017, 06:50 AM
Out of all the teams in the world which teams are your top 3 hated?

Just now mine are:
1. The Rangers - who doesn't hate them
2. Hearts (as much as I HATE the hearts rangers at the moment I hate just a wee bit more;)
3. Falkirk - Houstons Hammer throwers. ARSE

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Spaceman
28-03-2017, 06:54 AM
1. The Rangers 2012 (as much as I hate the Jambos, it is a healthy rivalry. Rangers 2012 on the other hand are simply ****, a truly vile club. The one club in Scotland I genuinely hope go bust and never return).
2. Hearts (we have the beating of them at the moment and they do make me laugh).
...then a big gap...
3. Falkirk (wee team mentality and desperate to be relevant).

B.H.F.C
28-03-2017, 06:59 AM
Hearts. As a Hibs fan I'll always enjoy beating Hearts more than anybody else.

Steve20
28-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Hearts
Airdrie
Celtic

Northernhibee
28-03-2017, 07:05 AM
Sevco
Celtic
Aberdeen

Forza Fred
28-03-2017, 07:06 AM
Would have been

Hearts
Rangers
Falkirk

Guess over recent times Falkirk have replaced Airdrie

LancsHibs
28-03-2017, 07:15 AM
Hearts, Celtic, the Rangers & the dead Rangers. I know that's 4, sorry!

RoxburghHibs
28-03-2017, 07:17 AM
Out of all the teams in the world which teams are your top 3 hated?

Just now mine are:
1. The Rangers - who doesn't hate them
2. Hearts (as much as I HATE the hearts rangers at the moment I hate just a wee bit more;)
3. Falkirk - Houstons Hammer throwers. ARSE

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1. Rangers
2. Hearts
3. Hearts U20s

SirDavidsNapper
28-03-2017, 07:24 AM
Rangers - I don't use the word "hate" too often but I hate that club and everything it stands/stood for. The smarmy, arrogance of their support. You could pick out the hun in a lineup of 100 people. An institution stuck in the wrong century.

Hearts - Became more than local rivals after the Mercer saga.

Aberdeen - Smaller club than Hibs with delusions of grandeur.

JDHibs
28-03-2017, 07:32 AM
Same as quite a few it would appear...

The Rangers - Vile vile club. Top to bottom.
Hearts - No reason needed.
Falkirk - Used to like the way the club was run, youth etc. Until Houston came in, brought in has beens and decided that kicking everything that moves is a football tactic. I would love for someone to end Bairds career.

andrew70
28-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Rangers, Hearts and pity the rest. They ain't Hibs. Simple as that.

Waxy
28-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Hearts
Hearts development team
Rangers

frazeHFC
28-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Rangers
Hearts
Chelsea

Never liked Chelsea. This season with Conte in charge and Hazard in form they are good to watch, but still a horrible football club.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Yams (never used to but they bring it on themselves don't they)
Huns
Liverpool
Foulkirk
Airdrie

Dalianwanda
28-03-2017, 07:58 AM
The only team that I actually hate would be The Rangers second would have been Rangers although they no longer exist. I dont hate hearts, just love to beat them.

Alex Trager
28-03-2017, 08:03 AM
This is how I categorise the teams I want least to win a trophy.

Hearts.
The Rangers.
Aberdeen.
Celtic.

If anyone is playing any these teams I want them to beat them in a cup final.

If any of the teams above are playing each other the team lowest on the list is the team I would 'want' to win the trophy.

The only one I feel I need to explain is Aberdeen.
They think they are big time Billy's as much as the pinko's across the city.

One of them said on their forum after the draw that we could only dream of having their away support.

As I said. They pump their head full of none sense and believe it.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2017, 08:26 AM
1. hearts
2. The Rangers
3. Falkirk

RoxburghHibs
28-03-2017, 08:40 AM
The only one I feel I need to explain is Aberdeen.
They think they are big time Billy's as much as the pinko's across the city.

Aberdeen are a smaller club than Hibs and Hearts. I have never looked on Aberdeen as a bigger supported club than us? That all said there isn't much between Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

RoxburghHibs
28-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Falkirk seems to be on a lot of peoples list. I honestly couldn't give a hoot about that club.

.Sean.
28-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Celtic/ Rangers equally as despicable, pure, unadulterated ****baggery

Followed by Hearts

Then Falkirk

The rest of the diddies are on a par with eachother and I've not got a soft spot for a single one of them.

lugz
28-03-2017, 09:05 AM
1 - Rangers/The Rangers I've always hated them but since the cup final it's got so much worse. A truly vile club and being completely honest I judge someone when I hear they support them then they have to win me round (I know this is ridiculous)

2 - Hearts - Always brought up to despise them, standard for a city with 2 teams you're always going to have that hatred.

3 - Liverpool - This is more to do with the media love for them, the year they blew the title was unbearable every channel had former players as pundits and they were all so OTT with excitement that is was finally happening. Thanks Stevie G!!

makaveli1875
28-03-2017, 09:07 AM
1 - rangers

2 - hertz

3 - sevco

Michael
28-03-2017, 09:12 AM

Followed by Hearts

Then Falkirk

The rest of the diddies are on a par with eachother and I've not got a soft spot for a single one of them.

Agree. There is no distinction between Celtic/Rangers.

BigKev
28-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Rangers and Hearts in equal measure, cup final shenanigans raised the bar with the blue nose bigots while both have a false sense of entitlement which is wholly unjustified.

Falkirk have greatly annoyed me over the past 3 years but this will disappear when we get promoted.

Other than them I regard most other teams with casual disdain.

1van Sprou7e
28-03-2017, 09:19 AM
As a Hibs fan I hate Hearts, as a Scottish football fan I hate Celtic and as a human being I hate Rangers

Kojock
28-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Sevco
Hear7s
Any team playing Hibs

Sir David Gray
28-03-2017, 09:28 AM
The Old Firm - Can't split them
Hearts
Falkirk

Off the bar
28-03-2017, 09:31 AM
1. The hun
2. Hearts
No explanation needed for them.
3. Spurs, used to share a flat with a spurs fan who as it turned out was a total knob who made life miserable till I could get out the lease. Knowing it ruins his weekend when Tottenham lose makes me smile every time they get beat.

jijihibby
28-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Hertz by a mile, then Rangers, old or new, then Falkirk, or any team led by Hibs-hating Peter Houston

Bill Milne
28-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Hertz, Sellik, Sevco and Falkirk in that order!!

hibbie02
28-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Surely this is too easy. All the Clubs in the World?

Should we not take Hertz as a given, likewise any version of the Stickies?

I have had a long standing hatred of Hajduk Split going back to the early 70s. Also hate Leeds United and Sunderland.

Auckland Hibs
28-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Jumbos
Sevco
Airdrie
Falkirk

18Hibee75
28-03-2017, 10:00 AM
The Rangers - Horrible, disgusting club with horrible orange greasy fans still living in the 70s....

Hearts - Our rivals. In some ways there is a very small bit of respect there for them as they actually support an Edinburgh team and are from Edinburgh and don't go and support the old firm, but still really dislike them.

Falkirk - Horrible wee team with a horrible manager and wee man syndrome

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

franks
28-03-2017, 10:14 AM
In alphabetical order.

celtic

hertz

huns

Pretty Boy
28-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Rangers by a country mile
Hearts
Aberdeen

Honorary mentions for Falkirk, Airdrie and Celtic.

.Sean.
28-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Serious question, why do so many hate Rangers yet Celtic aren't in their 'top 3'?

They're as bad as eachother.

Up until last year Celtic were miles ahead of Rangers in the hatred stakes for me personally with their always the victim, patronising pish, constantly pandering to their bigoted-to-a-man terrorist sympathising supporters but since we done them over last May Rangers have brought their levels of odiousness and general poison equal to that of their skid-mark stained fellow arse cheek of a brother.

**** the pair of them.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Serious question, why do so many hate Rangers yet Celtic aren't in their 'top 3'?

Up until last year Celtic were miles ahead of Rangers in the hatred stakes for me personally with their always the victim, patronising pish, constantly pandering to their bigoted-to-a-man terrorist sympathising supporters but since we done them over last May Rangers have brought their levels general poison equal to that of their skid-mark stained fellow arse cheek of a brother.

**** the pair of them.

For me it's just on a personal level.

Being raised a Catholic at a Catholic school meant I knew a lot of Celtic fans. Whilst a lot of them were patronising cocks who loved the 'wee cousins' nonsense I was never spat on or called a 'taig' or 'fenian *******' by them in the way I was by Rangers fans. I suppose someone with a differenr background and different upbringing will see things totally differently.

BullsCloseHibs
28-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Sevco (pure and utter schum)

Hearts (as above, but lesser of the 2 evils)

Millwall (who's 50 year old fans come out - in large numbers -every other while to dress up in flat caps and tracksuits and punch folk. WTF?!! - horrible people. And THAT song too - smegma people).

lugz
28-03-2017, 10:41 AM

Up until last year Celtic were miles ahead of Rangers in the hatred stakes for me personally with their always the victim, patronising pish, constantly pandering to their bigoted-to-a-man terrorist sympathising supporters but since we done them over last May Rangers have brought their levels of odiousness and general poison equal to that of their skid-mark stained fellow arse cheek of a brother.

**** the pair of them.

For me I was brought up with half my family supporting us and the other side supporting celtic so I have never minded them. Been to Parkhead several times for European games when I was younger and was always made welcome on supporters buses despite them knowing I was a hibs fan.

Scott Allan Key
28-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Rangers
Hearts
Bayern Munich
Celtic
Leeds Utd

Any cheating club, a sense of entitlement or with deluded bigotry as a foundation of the club.

yonder1875
28-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic

yonder1875
28-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Rangers
Hearts
Chelsea

Never liked Chelsea. This season with Conte in charge and Hazard in form they are good to watch, but still a horrible football club.

The Rangers of England.

GreenLake
28-03-2017, 11:00 AM
The Cheats
The Other Cheats

Diclonius
28-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic

Always has been, always will be.

Dashing Bob S
28-03-2017, 11:08 AM
1. Old firm - see them as two different teams but essentially one club. A socially and sportingly damaging cartel of bigotry.

Nobody else really.

Hearts? Never really took them seriously. More figures of fun/ridicule.

Since90+2
28-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Sevco by a distance then Hear7s.

lugz
28-03-2017, 11:19 AM
The Rangers of England.

In what way are Chelsea the Rangers of England?

heretoday
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic

It has to be really doesn't it?

sbell1875
The obvious being them and the ugly sisters but for me after that it's without a shadow of a doubt Livingston FC.

LancsHibs
28-03-2017, 01:40 PM

Johnny Clash
28-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Sevco all day long .

Been said before ... when we go to Hampden (now a regular thing) and we're not playing the Currant Buns - how many times do the 'same as Celtc' chaps go to the billy boy boozers and clubs before the game? I think there's a HUGE difference between them.

lugz
28-03-2017, 01:42 PM

I think you'll find all these are created by Rangers fans. The loving is extremely one sided in this. No doubt a few chelsea fans like rangers but no where near as much as the other way round.

PeeJay
28-03-2017, 02:48 PM
FC Bayern München:
1st, team,
women's team
all-star team,
basketball team
handball team and
... chess club!

Pete
28-03-2017, 02:50 PM

They're both loaded.

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Manure - Even when they were ****** and we owned them every season I hated them.

Everton mainly due to their bitter fans and the constant crying of "but we are the Peoples club" every time Liverpool pump them.

Rangers very similar fans to Everton fans in my opinion with the added bigotry.

Hedlund12
28-03-2017, 03:36 PM
I don't hate Hearts - I have many good Hearts supporting mates and some pretend Hearts supporting mates too! I DO detest Rudi Skacel though and wouldn't spit on the twat if he was on fire.

I absolutely detest, loathe and hate with a passion "The Rangers".
I've just found out the PM I'm working with is a blue nose. I thought he was a decent bloke until last week - we got on to the subject of football.. his venomous rant about hibs fans assaulting Rangers players and how the SFA didn't have the balls to do anything about it and how they are hard done by bla bla bla.... what a grade "A" fud.
Anyway suffice to say I HATE them... closely followed by Falkirk (because of PH).

givescotlandfreedom
28-03-2017, 03:38 PM
1:Hearts/Sevco/Celtc
2:Falkirk
3:Aberdeen
4:Airdrie

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Hearts

Never in the history of football that I'm aware of has a club tried to put their derby rivals out of business, normally I wouldn't blame a clubs fans for the loony actions of its owners, but the Yams did next to nothing apart from a few going 'tut' 'tut' to stop it and even worse now try to say Mercer did us a favour by exposing just how bad things were at ER ......... revisionist nonsense !!!

They then went on to revel in the cheating excesses of another loony owner and to this day brag about the limited success that cheating brought them, even now they still perpetuate the totally ridiculous 'big club' fantasy he tried to promote without showing an ounce of humility or regret over the number of people and companies damaged by him, not least their own club who he brought to the brink of extinction. Their only saving grace is that they don't support one of the ugly sisters.

Rangers and The Rangers and Celtic ..... two branches of the same company.

The Huns for all the usual reasons ..... practically the same recent off field history as the Yams, though I'm prepared to accept their fans can reasonably make a claim that they were mostly unaware of the road Murray was taking them down until the jobby hit the fan, a claim the Yams cant make. Just like the Yams their odious fans refuse to accept certain truths about their club that everybody else accepts as the reality.

Celtic ..... I hate their patronising 'our wee brothers' nonsense and how they and their Glasgow partners have carved up Scottish football in collusion with each other when it suited them, all the while pretending to hate each other.

Falkirk

Only for so long as that purple headed twat is their manager ...... If I never have to watch them come to ER and kick our team all over the park again it will be too soon .... Its a shame because there is actually a decent team in there, perhaps a new manager will be able to bring it out.

Liverpool ............... mostly because Scouse Hibee said nasty things about 'The peoples club' :greengrin

Ginger Gehagan
28-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Hearts
Hearts
Hearts

Can't stand the *****

HFCdeb
28-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Sevco and Celtic.
I don't even hate Hearts. I pity them, but I don't hate them.
The ugly sisters from the Weege are the only clubs I "hate".

snooky
28-03-2017, 04:10 PM
OF & latterly, Falkirk.
Oddly enough, I don't have any hatred towards Hearts.
I still thoroughly enjoy beating them though. :partyhibb

SirDavidsNapper
28-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Sevco (pure and utter schum)

Hearts (as above, but lesser of the 2 evils)

Millwall (who's 50 year old fans come out - in large numbers -every other while to dress up in flat caps and tracksuits and punch folk. WTF?!! - horrible people. And THAT song too - smegma people).

I don't give a toss about any English club. They aren't relevant to Hibs. I do agree with Milwall though. What are the flat caps all about? Cringe

#persevered
28-03-2017, 04:32 PM
The Rangers (no explanation needed)
Kilmarnock (an irrational one for me, my justification is that they want to be Rangers, they have blighted the league with some of the worst football of the last few years and still scraped to safety every year at the expense of more interesting teams)
Newcastle (because I used to love them until Mike Ashley and putting Wonga on their shirts)

Like some others I love the rivalry with Hearts but can't hate them as much as others. OF fans have done me actual bodily harm so they'll always be worse for me.

lyonhibs
28-03-2017, 04:34 PM
I don't hate any team, life's too short.

But fairly obviously, in terms of disdain, it's Hearts, Septic/Rankers as a single entity then wherever Skacel is hawking himself off at any given time. So currently Raith

wookie70
28-03-2017, 04:37 PM
The Rangers
Celtic

Then in a slightly different way Hearts

supermcginn
28-03-2017, 05:34 PM

**** the pair of them.
100 percent agree, they are both ****!

ekhibee
28-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Airdrie
Sevco
Hearts
Falkirk
Motherwell

but not necessarily in that order.

The Harp Awakes
28-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Sevco
Extinct Rangers
Airdrie

In that order.

Forever_Green93
28-03-2017, 06:19 PM
The Rangers
Celtic
Hearts

Holmesdale Hibs
28-03-2017, 06:22 PM

Followed by Hearts

Then Falkirk

This.

Outside Scotland, Man City and Chelsea

Crab apple
28-03-2017, 06:49 PM
****bos
Huns
Septic
Airdrie

gordonced18
28-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Any team who play against us (until full time anyway)
Any team who swear allegiance to the Queen
Any team who's big brother's swear allegiance to the Queen

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Reaper
28-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Scotland:

Rangers
The Rangers
Aberdeen (Ever since they continually booed Gary Smith in his 1st season with us at ER. It's not like he moved to us over them, they didn't want him, I never understood that. Plus if you speak to their fans you'd think they were some sort of European Giant that's just fallen on hard times like AC Milan or Inter)
Hearts
St Mirren

England:
Man City
Chelsea
Everton (Bitter fans who would take finishing above Liverpool in the league over a cup win. Remind me a lot of another neighbouring club in a big city)

gorgie_harp
28-03-2017, 08:04 PM
The rangers.
Pure sc*}.

Eyrie
28-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Celtc and Sevco are two cheeks of the same arse, and Hearts are the hole in the middle.

weecounty hibby
28-03-2017, 08:30 PM
1. Old Firm. No explanation needed surely
2. Hearts. Our biggest and oldest rivals
3. Man U/Real Madrid/Barcelona and any other club who embark on this bull**** world domination crap and would be happy to play in a European league/ cartel of ten maybe twelve clubs and carve up the TV money amongst themselves. None of them give a **** about the little guys, one of which is Hibs
4. The old firm again
5. Falkirk. Jamboesque at the moment
6. Airdrie. Truly are diet Huns
7. Walsall. Bunch of us once got into a bit of bother with some of their fans at a Blackpool v Walsall game in the late eighties. Never forgotten that

O'Rourke3
28-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Most Saturdays on here many seem to hate Hibs....Rangers x 2 Glasgow Hibs and Hearts are a wasted vote mainly as it's rational. Dundee United, Aberdeen and Motherwell although I'd struggle to say why.

18Hibee75
28-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Probably wouldn't make my top 3 but my fourth most hated team is probably MK Dons, the way they stole the old Wimbledon and turned it into their own club, horrible club with no fans.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Monopolyguy
28-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Rangers (by a country mile.)

Celtic (a bit further down the list)

Hearts (For the rivalry, but I don't hate them the same way i used to. My family is mostly a of mix of Hibs and Hearts and the banter is usually quite lighthearted when compared to that of the few sevco fans I know and work with)

Real Madrid

Man City

SirDavidsNapper
28-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Out of interest why do so many people have Airdrie in their top 3? My only recollection of them is pumping Hearts in a semi. Always seemed a decent cup side in the 90's.

Broken Gnome
28-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Out of interest why do so many people have Airdrie in their top 3? My only recollection of them is pumping Hearts in a semi. Always seemed a decent cup side in the 90's.

I might have been too young and misread the hatred, but the fact they has such a good cup side was because they were a shower of horrible thugs. They knocked us out of the Scottish at least once too. Sandison, Stewart, Black... murder to play against and watch.

Plus very much a Huns without the bus fare support, and a pretty vile racist and Nazi element to them as well.

monktonharp
29-03-2017, 12:28 AM
1. Rangers
2. Hearts
3. Hearts U20s:agree:my choice too, and if I could add another then currently its Kalkirk. as a previous poster said, the new Airdrie

ekhibee
29-03-2017, 12:56 AM
I might have been too young and misread the hatred, but the fact they has such a good cup side was because they were a shower of horrible thugs. They knocked us out of the Scottish at least once too. Sandison, Stewart, Black... murder to play against and watch.

Plus very much a Huns without the bus fare support, and a pretty vile racist and Nazi element to them as well.
Yep, that about sums them up. Vile team, vile fans, and the place is a dump. They knocked us out of the cup at least a couple of times in the 90's (one when I was on my honeymoon, 2-0), full of Hearts and Rangers rejects.

--------
29-03-2017, 01:29 AM
Yep, that about sums them up. Vile team, vile fans, and the place is a dump. They knocked us out of the cup at least a couple of times in the 90's (one when I was on my honeymoon, 2-0), full of Hearts and Rangers rejects.

I've lived and worked in and around Airdrie for the past 15 years and I can assure you that the place is very far from a dump.

That post is as arrogant and dismissive as I would I would expect to find on FollowFollow. The fact is that people who follow Airdrie get off their backsides and go down to support their local team when it would be so much easier to either go with the crowd to Ibrox or Parkhead or sit in the pub cheering on the Ugly Sisters on the box.

I'd much rather sit beside most Airdrie fans I know than beside you.

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2017, 02:32 AM
1. Old Firm. No explanation needed surely
2. Hearts. Our biggest and oldest rivals
3. Man U/Real Madrid/Barcelona and any other club who embark on this bull**** world domination crap and would be happy to play in a European league/ cartel of ten maybe twelve clubs and carve up the TV money amongst themselves. None of them give a **** about the little guys, one of which is Hibs
4. The old firm again
5. Falkirk. Jamboesque at the moment
6. Airdrie. Truly are diet Huns
7. Walsall. Bunch of us once got into a bit of bother with some of their fans at a Blackpool v Walsall game in the late eighties. Never forgotten that

Absolutely agree .......... greed beyond measure and no respect whatsoever for the history or traditions of European football which got them to where they are now, so obsessed with each other they have little or no regard for the small teams in their own back yard, never mind the rest of Europe.

BarneyHibby
29-03-2017, 02:54 AM
Sevco
Hertz
Falkirk

houstonhibbee
29-03-2017, 03:02 AM
I've lived and worked in and around Airdrie for the past 15 years and I can assure you that the place is very far from a dump.

That post is as arrogant and dismissive as I would I would expect to find on FollowFollow. The fact is that people who follow Airdrie get off their backsides and go down to support their local team when it would be so much easier to either go with the crowd to Ibrox or Parkhead or sit in the pub cheering on the Ugly Sisters on the box.

I went once with my dad in the early 70's during the tornadoes and I saw people getting darts in the sides of their heads.

Johnny Clash
29-03-2017, 04:00 AM

I remember Airdrie in the 1990s and they were a team of bone crushers. Their goalie also got pelters every game for scabbing the miners strike.

The Baldmans Comb
29-03-2017, 04:29 AM
"The Rangers" and also the extinct Rangers.

I don't regard it as irrational at all to take an instant and total dislike to anyone who supports or supported either of these clubs.

The vast majority are either ignorant bigots,racists or extreme British Nationalists or more usually a loathsome combination.

It just saves time trying to identify the small minority who arent.

Brooster
29-03-2017, 06:23 AM
1. Hearts
2. Hearts
3. Hearts

Always has been always will be.

SirDavidsNapper
29-03-2017, 07:07 AM
"The Rangers" and also the extinct Rangers.

I don't regard it as irrational at all to take an instant and total dislike to anyone who supports or supported either of these clubs.

The vast majority are either ignorant bigots,racists or extreme British Nationalists or more usually a loathsome combination.

It just saves time trying to identify the small minority who arent.

That's where I am. It might seem small minded and petty but I instantly take a dislike to someone when they say they support them. I have to strongly question the character of anyone who associates themselves with that vile club.

--------
29-03-2017, 07:39 AM
I went once with my dad in the early 70's during the tornadoes and I saw people getting darts in the sides of their heads.

Guess what? I'm living in the 21st century, not 40 years ago.

"Vile team, vile people, the place is a dump" - balanced judgement?

I went regularly to ER during the Tornadoes period and before, and I regularly saw Hibs fans behaving as badly - and not just at OF or derby matches. Same goes for the away matches.

Maybe what you find in a place depends on the attitude you bring with you?

You know what I hate? I hate these hate-fest threads. They just prove that every team's got some - even Hibs.

Mick O'Rourke
29-03-2017, 08:40 AM
I agree with Doddie.
To hate is wasteful:-)
However to loath,dislike or " i cannae stand them" is what i think on some clubs fans!
(rather than the Clubs themselves)
The exception for me being the club who play in Govan.
An institution i have loathed since becoming aware of what they represented for more than a century.
(see i cannot even print their name,whatever that is these days!)

When Jimmy O'Rourke was playing for Scotland Schoolboys,near every team in Scotland(and many in England) wanted to sign him ..bar one ! Bar one !
No prizes for figuring the who and why of that.
Clue: Holy Cross Academy schoolboy.

I think experiences on "away days" for fans will have fuelled dislike(hatred) for other teams.
A lot of Hibernian fans now dislike Falkirk.
But is that really a hatred of that club/their fans, or their current manager/the way they play?

On dislike.
The fans i disliked back in the day when i went to away games regularly,apart from the afore,not mentioned, institution,are those with fans who certainly disliked us.
And they showed it!
Kilmarnock and Airdrie spring to mind.But they are not alone.
Leaving Kilmarnock was "ambush central" for our supporters buses after the games.

As a laddie, i mind some of my pals were not allowed to go to Easter Road when Celtic and that other team came to town.
So is this hate more about other teams fans than the clubs?
Oh, and as Doddie stated, Hibernian fans were not so innocent back in the day
Ambushing away fans on London and Regent Road(buses parked there) was not uncommon.

--------
29-03-2017, 10:39 AM
I agree with Doddie.
To hate is wasteful:-)
However to loath,dislike or " i cannae stand them" is what i think on some clubs fans!
(rather than the Clubs themselves)
The exception for me being the club who play in Govan.
An institution i have loathed since becoming aware of what they represented for more than a century.
(see i cannot even print their name,whatever that is these days!)

When Jimmy O'Rourke was playing for Scotland Schoolboys,near every team in Scotland(and many in England) wanted to sign him ..bar one ! Bar one !
No prizes for figuring the who and why of that.
Clue: Holy Cross Academy schoolboy.

I think experiences on "away days" for fans will have fuelled dislike(hatred) for other teams.
A lot of Hibernian fans now dislike Falkirk.
But is that really a hatred of that club/their fans, or their current manager/the way they play?

On dislike.
The fans i disliked back in the day when i went to away games regularly,apart from the afore,not mentioned, institution,are those with fans who certainly disliked us.
And they showed it!
Kilmarnock and Airdrie spring to mind.But they are not alone.
Leaving Kilmarnock was "ambush central" for our supporters buses after the games.

As a laddie, i mind some of my pals were not allowed to go to Easter Road when Celtic and that other team came to town.
So is this hate more about other teams fans than the clubs?
Oh, and as Doddie stated, Hibernian fans were not so innocent back in the day
Ambushing away fans on London and Regent Road(buses parked there) was not uncommon.

Exactly.

Antone who has followed this forum for any length of time knows that I have two particular dislikes (apart from the Gruesome Twosome and the Wannabe Huns) - Joe Harper and Leeds United, dislikes that go back a long way to particular events that angered me at the time and which still cause me either anger or regret.

But that doesn't mean I 'hate' either. This is just part of my mental (take that any way you like) landscape as a football follower and Hibs supporter. Just as in speedway I really don't like Nicky Pedersen (Monarchs fans will understand).

But the abuse and bile - even hatred - that the area in which I live and work comes in for every time one of these hate-threads gets started make me angry, and I can only conclude that since I've been in North Lanarkshire for nigh on 15 years now, that abuse and bile and hatred would be directed at me if I happened to meet those posters on the street in Airdrie or Coatbridge.

Davie Shaw. John McNamee. Jim Black. John Brownlie. John Collins. All originated within 5 miles of where I'm sitting now. All great Hibees. And very far from being the 'exceptions that prove the rule', in case someone thinks of suggesting it.

PS - make that two major dislikes and one real disgust and revulsion. John Hughes, the Celtic winger from the 60's and 70's. The only time I've ever seen a so-called footballer deliberately go out to break a fellow footballer's leg. If that's what Houston and Baird were thinking of doing to Shinnie, I may have to add to the list. But Falkirk's still a great wee town.

PPS - The OF and Jambos I dislike for the unnecessary and hateful baggage they bring into Scottish society, not just the football. But I still have friends who support those teams and who are very decent people.

WeeRussell
29-03-2017, 01:28 PM
The old firm go without saying for me, with the Huns taking top spot. Then probably hearts third. Within Scotland, Aberdeen would traditionally follow next but outside our country there are a few others in the mix...

Real Madrid, Millwall, Leeds, Sunderland. Don't hate Liverpool but always want them to get beat (have my reasons).

Not fond of lazio. Chelsea for similar reasons. And any other club with a notable element of right wing/fascist/bigot mentality to their club or support.

ekhibee
29-03-2017, 09:39 PM

I've lived in the area 8 years longer than you, and if your sister had been spat at several times and pushed around by not one but several Airdrie fans using sectarian insults, maybe you might feel differently. Maybe they'd mistaken her for a Celtic fan, there's plenty of them in Coatbridge, but my sister is from Edinburgh, born and bred, has never ever been a troublemaker or ****stirrer in her entire life, and those guys had been out on the piss. Two of them were old enough to be her grandfather. Every one of them was wearing an Airdrie scarf, so it's a bit rich you calling me arrogant.

On the other hand, you were quite right to pull me up as regards fans that follow their club loyally rather than jumping on the old firm bandwagon. If that last sentence is how you really feel then good, I'd have no desire to sit next to you either.

yonder1875
29-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Morton.

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2017, 04:38 PM
In descending order of inspiring my disgust -

Huns - Scotland's shame in every sense
Yams - Naturally
Airdrie - A strange wee club which seems to attract the type of bigoted loyalist knuckledragger deemed beyond the pale even for Ibrox
Motherwell - As above, though to a lesser extent

Colr
30-03-2017, 09:11 PM
1. Rangers
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Celtic

You have to pity Hearts.