Colr
28-03-2017, 05:35 AM
Booed coming on for Scotland.

Why exactly? Wasn't Gwyneth's family?!

madhatter
28-03-2017, 06:58 AM

I think it might have been because he isn't very good.

Scotland's failings were shown fully in that game - best players on the park were Robertson, Tierney and Armstrong. All 3 among many more should have been capped quicker (especially Armstrong)...

Even Griffiths and Steven Fletcher for that matter...they are being capped (getting the majority of their caps) far too late.

And instead of these players we look for so-called better players playing down south...

JDHibs
28-03-2017, 07:01 AM
Hes being made the fall guy because of Strachans choices. Same as Stevenson at us for the past few years.

Fans arent happy hes getting picked over Rhodes or Griffiths, be Rhodes in this case, so they take it out on the player.

It isnt his fault hes being called up, it isnt his fault hes being picked, it also isnt his fault he isnt Messi. But he isnt going to turn down a Scotland call up because he thinks Griffiths should start ahead of him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Decent enough way to silence his critics though.

macca70
28-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Not aimed directly at the player, it's the decision to persist with him when he has not been very good.

To be fair, McGhee said when talking about the Canada game, don't boycott the games, if your not happy, at least go along and Boo!!

That's up there with Williamsons comment, 'if you want entertained, go to the cinema'

davidgray210516
28-03-2017, 07:42 AM
I think it might have been because he isn't very good.

Scotland's failings were shown fully in that game - best players on the park were Robertson, Tierney and Armstrong. All 3 among many more should have been capped quicker (especially Armstrong)...

Even Griffiths and Steven Fletcher for that matter...they are being capped
(getting the majority of their caps) far too late.

And instead of these players we look for so-called better players playing down south...

All 3 should have been capped quicker? Tierney's only 19 and won his first cap at 18, don't think he could have been called much quicker tbh

SirDavidsNapper
28-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Coldplays new stuff just isn't the same.

Scottie
28-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Glad the lad scored and even more pleased he rammed it up the people who booed him. The same people who cheered when his winner hit the back of the net. :aok:

jgl07
28-03-2017, 08:55 AM

Maybe they just don't like Coldplay?

And who could blame them!

Mikey09
28-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Glad the lad scored and even more pleased he rammed it up the people who booed him. The same people who cheered when his winner hit the back of the net. :aok:

Well said. :agree:

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-03-2017, 09:30 AM

Yep, absolutely delighted for him. There were a few guys around me that booed. At the time i called them a disgrace and just laughed at them when they were cheering when he bagged the winner.

What people seem to be ignoring the fact that he's our top scorer domestically. More goals than Griff, Rhodes, Fletcher, Mccormack but i suppose somebody has to be the boo boy in a campaign. Last time it was Fletch.

Granted he was brutal against Canada but i doubt there were many to come out of that game with pass marks.

tamig
28-03-2017, 09:58 AM
I was pleasntly surprised at his recent collaboration with the Chainsmokers. Maybe the anti-smoking lobby were behind the booing.

Rugy07
28-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Not aimed directly at the player, it's the decision to persist with him when he has not been very good.

To be fair, McGhee said when talking about the Canada game, don't boycott the games, if your not happy, at least go along and Boo!!

That's up there with Williamsons comment, 'if you want entertained, go to the cinema'

That's what I thought at the time. I don't think people were necessarily booing Chris Martin, more the decision to bring him on ahead of others especially given just how bad he looked against Canada. It was a great finish mind you. Knocking the ball 3 yards with his first touch finally paid off!

CMurdoch
28-03-2017, 12:37 PM
A much sought after player in the English Championship.
Derby and Fulham had a big scrap over him earlier this season.
Many Scottish fans including the presenters of "Off The Ball" are ignorant to the abilities of the likes of Chris Martin.
He isn't Messi but is a well established Championship standard player which is generally the destination of our countries best players when they leave Scotland.

Unseen work
28-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Personally don't think he would of got booed if he was Scottish.

Slavoj Zizek
28-03-2017, 06:13 PM

100 % this. The amount of pissed up kilted cockwombles who did not know what the Castlemaine to do when he scored was hilarious. Yum. Salty tears.