PDA

View Full Version : John Baird on Shinnie

angus hibby
27-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Seeing comments in today's papers from Mark Kerr, saying that "Baird saw his chance to have a go at Shinnie when the tackles were flying in the first minute". This was all because Shinnie claimed Falkirk bottled it in play offs last season.

Can imagine pre match, Houston telling his team to go out and go right through Shinnie.

how sweet that the tackles finally saw him go off injured and his replacement curled home a last minute beauty! Aye, doing Shinnie worked well for you John!

Jonnyboy
27-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Seeing comments in today's papers from Mark Kerr, saying that "Baird saw his chance to have a go at Shinnie when the tackles were flying in the first minute". This was all because Shinnie claimed Falkirk bottled it in play offs last season.

Can imagine pre match, Houston telling his team to go out and go right through Shinnie.

how sweet that the tackles finally saw him go off injured and his replacement curled home a last minute beauty! Aye, doing Shinnie worked well for you John!

One for the compliance officer, IMO

calumhibee1
27-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed that someone ends John Bairds career this season.

Big_Franck
27-03-2017, 08:38 PM
The fat wee weegie tramp will be playing his football in Scotland's second tier again next season. It's his level.

SirDavidsNapper
27-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Hopefully the last time we encounter some of these limited hammer throwers

Hiber-nation
27-03-2017, 08:45 PM
They are rapidly becoming my 3rd least favourite football team on the planet.

Big_Franck
27-03-2017, 08:47 PM

I was starting to feel that way about them until I realised that they are irrelevant really. It's only wee Falkirk.

Jones28
27-03-2017, 08:53 PM
I was starting to feel that way about them until I realised that they are irrelevant really. It's only wee Falkirk.

Up until Saturday they were my most hated team this season, now that they are an irrelevance they've slipped back down to 4th.

Pretty Boy
27-03-2017, 08:53 PM
That attitude is why those cloggers will stil be plodding away in the Championship for years to come whilst we push on to bigger and better things.

It's such a shame what Houston has done to what was once a good football team to watch.

weecounty hibby
27-03-2017, 08:54 PM
They are the Airdrie of the modern era. Average players trying to kick the football out of better players. Use very dirty trick in the book, continual fouling, time wasting, harassing the ref. I would not be too upset to see that ****ty club with ****ty stadium and ****ty fans staying in that league for good. I had the misfortune to be with a crowd of falkirk fans at a wedding yesterday. Total ****wits, bordering on Jamboesque levels of delusion and hatred for Hibs. Some were at ER on Saturday and thought they deserved to win. All thought we were moaning about every challenge for nothing. Moaned about our loan signings scoring against them. **** them and their ******** Jambo manager. The wedding was ***** as well!!!

Sir David Gray
27-03-2017, 08:54 PM
I would have thought the SFA's disciplinary panel would now be inviting Mark Kerr along to explain these remarks in greater detail.

angus hibby
27-03-2017, 08:56 PM

I thought so too. Imagine the stooshy if someone had said it about a Celtic player or about a Rangers v Celtic match.

givescotlandfreedom
27-03-2017, 08:59 PM
****bags. And folk were defending Houston on another thread.

Not In The Know
27-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Lennon has a lot of respect for Houston (gave him a job at celtic) his after match comments reflected this. Would like to know Lennons thoughts on Houston obviously spent pre match telling his players to try and put our "star" players deliberately out the game.

Tw@T face houston has consistently done his against us three years in a row. He even has the audacity to label us as a bunch of divers. The annoying thing is the lodge officials have bought into this and he has got away with it. Thankfully it now looks like we have finally scraped Houston of the soles of our shoes...

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Vermin

Shinnie was the target in McGinns absence, utterly disgusting and made that winning goal so much sweeter.

Galahibby
27-03-2017, 09:19 PM

That crossed my mind when I read that. What kind of a bloody idiot would come out with that in an interview?

hibee-boys
27-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Never understood this nonsense about players getting away with bad challenges in the opening minutes of a game. Either it's a bad challenge which warrants a card or not, shouldn't matter is its first minute or last minute.

truehibernian
27-03-2017, 09:23 PM

Normally I'd say yes JB, especially the player concerned (Baird), but I want all the teams immediately below us at full strength next 3 games so points are lost between them - I want to clinch this title asap and get out this league. Let them cut each other's football throats next few fixtures.

18Hibee75
Barr Hearts and Rangers. They are for me the most annoying team that I have seen us play against, from that wee fat weegie Baird to their annoying 15 year old fans wearing stone islands and giving it the 'come on' arms when they equalised running around arguing with stewards thinking it's the 80s and then of course to that bald, fat, dinosaur yam 🔔 🔚, but having said that, it is only wee Falkirk.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

lucky
Clearly they went out to injury a fellow professional which is an absolute disgrace but guaranteed the SPLF will do nothing about their players or the club

truehibernian
27-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Clearly they went out to injury a fellow professional which is an absolute disgrace but guaranteed the SPLF will do nothing about their players or the club

True lucky, but can I play devils (Hibee) advocate. Absolutely not saying he meant it, but I spoke with Don Cowie after the first cup game and he said he'd never ever been hit as hard as Daz hit him. He was still on pain killers for the replay. Personally I want players to go in hard but fair and especially on players who are seen as creative - as they're players who tend to disappear in games once 'hit'.

Scott Brown has made a career of doing it. Even Ian Black tried - until he 'met' Nid !

guthrie01
27-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Actually feel a bit sorry for Falkirk and Houston.
Imagine being in a Scottish Cup Final and Play-off Final only to bottle them both.
Only to then watch us lift the Scottish Cup and pick up the Championship Trophy

:greengrin

B.H.F.C
27-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Can't stand them. We give as good as we get now though. Plenty of our players will try to leave a bit on the opposition when they get the chance. Gray, Marv, Holt, McGregor to name a few. And the guy in charge made a career out of being a dirty b******.

angus hibby
27-03-2017, 09:39 PM
True lucky, but can I play devils (Hibee) advocate. Absolutely not saying he meant it, but I spoke with Don Cowie after the first cup game and he said he'd never ever been hit as hard as Daz hit him. He was still on pain killers for the replay. Personally I want players to go in hard but fair and especially on players who are seen as creative - as they're players who tend to disappear in games once 'hit'.

Scott Brown has made a career of doing it. Even Ian Black tried - until he 'met' Nid !

Difference here is that Shinnie has riled them with his pre match comments. And Kerr's comments give the impression that first chance they got, someone was going to get right through Shinnie. Clearly been spoken about in dressing room.

Criswell
27-03-2017, 09:44 PM
All this makes that winning goal just become sweeter and sweeter. Pay back time! PS Was Baird the player who was constantly mouthing off to the officials after every decision? Could not believe he was allowed to do this the whole game with impunity. Very weak refereeing!

truehibernian
27-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Difference here is that Shinnie has riled them with his pre match comments. And Kerr's comments give the impression that first chance they got, someone was going to get right through Shinnie. Clearly been spoken about in dressing room.

Ive no inside knowledge but I'd be surprised if Hibs players didn't discuss who they'd want to get the first hard challenge on - I'm not condoning irresponsible challenges in any way, but I want Hibs players to go in very hard and fair on players who can influence games - earlier into the game the better.

green day
27-03-2017, 09:48 PM

I did wonder why Baird was in position to tangle with Shinnie so soon after ko. He was nowhere near where you would expect a forward to be.

Kerr's comments confirm it wasn't accidental.

Baird is the human equivalent of Falkirk FC - wee man syndrome and ultimately irrelevant.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2017, 09:52 PM
At least you guys don't have to share a town with them! :rolleyes:

truehibernian
27-03-2017, 09:55 PM
I did wonder why Baird was in position to tangle with Shinnie so soon after ko. He was nowhere near where you would expect a forward to be.

Kerr's comments confirm it wasn't accidental.

Baird is the human equivalent of Falkirk FC - wee man syndrome and ultimately irrelevant.

Hes also the Scottish version of Gladstone Small (Baird). Born missing a neck and runs like someone's fed him laxative and the toilet is just beyond his reach.

angus hibby
27-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Ive no inside knowledge but I'd be surprised if Hibs players didn't discuss who they'd want to get the first hard challenge on - I'm not condoning irresponsible challenges in any way, but I want Hibs players to go in very hard and fair on players who can influence games - earlier into the game the better.

I agree but I'm saying Shinnie wasn't necessarily targeted because he was the main danger man to them, it was more because of what he said. Makes it far worse IMO

majorhibs
27-03-2017, 10:07 PM
They are the Airdrie of the modern era. Average players trying to kick the football out of better players. Use very dirty trick in the book, continual fouling, time wasting, harassing the ref. I would not be too upset to see that ****ty club with ****ty stadium and ****ty fans staying in that league for good. I had the misfortune to be with a crowd of falkirk fans at a wedding yesterday. Total ****wits, bordering on Jamboesque levels of delusion and hatred for Hibs. Some were at ER on Saturday and thought they deserved to win. All thought we were moaning about every challenge for nothing. Moaned about our loan signings scoring against them. **** them and their ******** Jambo manager. The wedding was ***** as well!!!

Spot on. No one has come close to what Airdrie were but that is as good a puppet act as you will find!

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-03-2017, 10:10 PM
The good thing about the Falkirk result is that at least the sport of football prevailed this time.

F'k Falkirk FC, *****y football club and crap support.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-03-2017, 10:12 PM
Falkirk are an absolute gang. Baird epitomises them perfectly.

truehibernian
27-03-2017, 10:16 PM
I agree but I'm saying Shinnie wasn't necessarily targeted because he was the main danger man to them, it was more because of what he said. Makes it far worse IMO

I understand AH, I'm maybe from a different generation. Personally I love our players giving it some, too often we've let other sides talk the talk. I want our hard players going in hard but fair. Since Stubbs, and now Lennon, we seem to have embraced a 'come on then' attitude (personified in the likes of Daz, Henderson, Cummings, Holt, Bartley). It's refreshing. It's also why we are dominating the Derby fixture ! Long may it continue.

greenlex
27-03-2017, 10:50 PM
I understand AH, I'm maybe from a different generation. Personally I love our players giving it some, too often we've let other sides talk the talk. I want our hard players going in hard but fair. Since Stubbs, and now Lennon, we seem to have embraced a 'come on then' attitude (personified in the likes of Daz, Henderson, Cummings, Holt, Bartley). It's refreshing. It's also why we are dominating the Derby fixture ! Long may it continue.
This is where I am. I often think if Cummings could adopt a bit of Bairds "tenacity" and work rate the sky would be the limit for him.

1van Sprou7e
27-03-2017, 11:25 PM
I've actually always quite liked Falkirk as a club, shame what Houston has done to them even if he is also doing a good job as manager

Mikey09
28-03-2017, 12:51 AM
Here's a wee story. A few weeks ago I spoke to a Hibs player I know and asked him what team he hated the most... He said without hesitation, Falkirk. He can't stand the way they go about there business on the pitch. He also said Baird was the most annoying wee prick he's ever played against. Constantly yapping at players, diving and moaning at the Ref. Said he's a horrible wee player with a huge chip on his shoulder. So it's not just us supporters who think this, the players have little respect for the way Falkirk go about there job on the park.

Onion
28-03-2017, 04:18 AM
Never understood this nonsense about players getting away with bad challenges in the opening minutes of a game. Either it's a bad challenge which warrants a card or not, shouldn't matter is its first minute or last minute.

:top marks Still recall the Scotland v Uruguay WC match where a U thug was red carded in 1st min for a dreadful tackle on Strachan. U were a dirty mob and had made it clear they were up for a fight pre-match, so it was good to see the ref take proper action early on. Rarely happens though.

HoboHarry
28-03-2017, 04:30 AM
At least you guys don't have to share a town with them! :rolleyes:
I did for six years......

Mcpakeisgod
28-03-2017, 06:16 AM
Where are shinnies comments ?

Pedantic_Hibee
28-03-2017, 06:27 AM
I spent most of the game trying to remember what baird's first name was, shows how relevant that wee ferret is.

Jumped up wee trumpet who's burd clearly cheated on him hence his overbearing anger on a football pitch. That and his limited ability.

Get Saturday wrapped right round you and your shan team-mates you little *uck-trumpet.

BoomtownHibees
28-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Normally I'd say yes JB, especially the player concerned (Baird), but I want all the teams immediately below us at full strength next 3 games so points are lost between them - I want to clinch this title asap and get out this league. Let them cut each other's football throats next few fixtures.

If you want them losing points then surely it would be better them not being at full strength no? They only have Dundee Utd left to play out of the top 4 and they are pretty much out of it anyway

18Hibee75
28-03-2017, 06:50 AM
Here's a wee story. A few weeks ago I spoke to a Hibs player I know and asked him what team he hated the most... He said without hesitation, Falkirk. He can't stand the way they go about there business on the pitch. He also said Baird was the most annoying wee prick he's ever played against. Constantly yapping at players, diving and moaning at the Ref. Said he's a horrible wee player with a huge chip on his shoulder. So it's not just us supporters who think this, the players have little respect for the way Falkirk go about there job on the park.
Who?

Geo_1875
28-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Falkirk don't even play in Falkirk anymore. If they changed their name to Grangemouth I'd have at least some respect for them.

woodythehibee
28-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Shinnie's comments: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15181173.Shinnie_insists_Falkirk_bottled_promotion _bid_in_play_offs_and_vows_to_end_their_hopes_for_ another_year/

Marv's tweet after Saturday's match was pretty sweet :aok:

hibsbollah
28-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Baird always stood out as the epitome of what Houstons teams are all about. Dirty moany faced talentless 'tryer'.

BSEJVT
28-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Whilst I agree with everything said about Baird, quite why Shinnie has to come out with that comment and give them some further motivation before the game totally escapes me.

If someone had levelled that accusation against me I would have been looking to a) rub their nose in it and b) rough them up (within the laws of the game :-)) also.

JDHibs
28-03-2017, 08:34 AM
If the actions from the Falkirk players on Shinnie were premeditated, and Mark Kerr has pretty much confirmed that they were, then the individuals involved should be fined or banned.

I can guarantee it happens every game, players target other players, but for someone as experienced as Kerr to come out and openly admit it is disgusting. Especially since the player in question, Shinnie, had to go off injured.

Cowardly cowardly behaviour.

On the other hand, cant beat the fact that Shinnies replacement set up the first goal then hit a wordie with his weak foot so late on in the game to beat them. Karma comes to mind. "Hes all left foot".

tamig
28-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Whilst I agree with everything said about Baird, quite why Shinnie has to come out with that comment and give them some further motivation before the game totally escapes me.

If someone had levelled that accusation against me I would have been looking to a) rub their nose in it and b) rough them up (within the laws of the game :-)) also.

What we don't know is what question was asked and how the journo delivered it. The conversation could have been loaded to extract this juicy headline.

Geo_1875
28-03-2017, 08:39 AM

I can't agree. Nothing controversial in that interview. They may deny that they bottled it but would they have been happier if he had said they were **** and got pumped by the 2nd worst team in the SPL?

Allant1981
28-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Falkirk don't even play in Falkirk anymore. If they changed their name to Grangemouth I'd have at least some respect for them.

they dont play in grangemouth

BSEJVT
28-03-2017, 09:09 AM
I can't agree. Nothing controversial in that interview. They may deny that they bottled it but would they have been happier if he had said they were **** and got pumped by the 2nd worst team in the SPL?

You don't think someone telling you that you bottled it wouldn't annoy you or isn't controversial? Honestly?

If I had been asked that question I would have tuned it straight back at the interviewer and said that they will naturally be disappointed not to have been promoted last year but that experience will make them even more determined now. A totally worthless platitude that no-one could take offence at and wouldn't have given them any ammunition.

We are always reading about how players / managers pin their opponents comments on the dressing room walls to motivate them, why give them an opportunity.

Say whatever you want after the game when you know you are leaving them behind but IMO to do so before the game was foolish in the extreme and showed a great deal of naivety.

bigwheel
28-03-2017, 09:10 AM
This Falkirk "hate-in" is quite a compliment to them. More than one thread on it. They have obviously got under our skin. If they weren't a good side there wouldn't be a thread about them. They have competed well against us - often somehow got the better of us in this three year journey. It's a credit to them - industrial or not - they have been a real nuisance factor. I'd be happy to see them get up to the top league. Decent side, well run club.

1van Sprou7e
28-03-2017, 09:15 AM
You don't think someone telling you that you bottled it wouldn't annoy you or isn't controversial? Honestly?

If I had been asked that question I would have tuned it straight back at the interviewer and said that they will naturally be disappointed not to have been promoted last year but that experience will make them even more determined now. A totally worthless platitude that no-one could take offence at and wouldn't have given them any ammunition.

We are always reading about how players / managers pin their opponents comments on the dressing room walls to motivate them, why give them an opportunity.

Say whatever you want after the game when you know you are leaving them behind but IMO to do so before the game was foolish in the extreme and showed a great deal of naivety.

It's also a bit stupid seeing as we bottled it way worse than they did imo

Smartie
28-03-2017, 09:20 AM
This Falkirk "hate-in" is quite a compliment to them. More than one thread on it. They have obviously got under our skin. If they weren't a good side there wouldn't be a thread about them. They have competed well against us - often somehow got the better of us in this three year journey. It's a credit to them - industrial or not - they have been a real nuisance factor. I'd be happy to see them get up to the top league. Decent side, well run club.

I agree with all of your post other than the bit in bold.

Houston has done well and they are an absolute nuisance of a side to play against, that much is true. They've put a really stuffy team together on a shoestring.

But I hated that game on Saturday. I missed the game in November as I was coming back from the Scotland game and I hated that game even though I wasn't there as I knew what would be going on.

I need a bloody break from them and don't want to have to watch a Houston-inspired Falkirk side for years. 90 minutes of niggling, hacking, diving, moaning at the ref - it's unwatchable s***e. It feels great when you beat them (especially the manner of our last couple of wins against them) but the football is torture.

Every time we play them we moan about the referee - Hibs v Falkirk games must be a nightmare to referee.

I want to see a bit more football next season, Falkirk can stay right where they are.

Jonnyboy
28-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Shinnie's comments: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15181173.Shinnie_insists_Falkirk_bottled_promotion _bid_in_play_offs_and_vows_to_end_their_hopes_for_ another_year/

Marv's tweet after Saturday's match was pretty sweet :aok:

Shinnie said "They kinda bottled it" and the headline says "Shinnie insists Falkirk bottled it". Typical sensationalism from the newspaper!

bigwheel
28-03-2017, 09:28 AM

Houston has done well and they are an absolute nuisance of a side to play against, that much is true. They've put a really stuffy team together on a shoestring.

But I hated that game on Saturday. I missed the game in November as I was coming back from the Scotland game and I hated that game even though I wasn't there as I knew what would be going on.

I need a bloody break from them and don't want to have to watch a Houston-inspired Falkirk side for years. 90 minutes of niggling, hacking, diving, moaning at the ref - it's unwatchable s***e. It feels great when you beat them (especially the manner of our last couple of wins against them) but the football is torture.

Every time we play them we moan about the referee - Hibs v Falkirk games must be a nightmare to referee.

I want to see a bit more football next season, Falkirk can stay right where they are.

yes, I can understand that completely...could do with a rest from them snapping at our heals for 90 mins, 4 times a season

I know one of their board..decent guy - so would be happy to see them get up for him.

JimBHibees
28-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Shinnie said "They kinda bottled it" and the headline says "Shinnie insists Falkirk bottled it". Typical sensationalism from the newspaper!

Not sure there was any need for him to say they bottled it however now we beat them it is quite funny knowing how bitter they would have been about Keatsy curling one into the top corner in the last minute. Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch IMO. They do seem to get incredible leniency from referees for some reason.

Geo_1875
28-03-2017, 10:24 AM
they dont play in grangemouth

Their stadium is located in the Grangemouth Ward of Falkirk District Council.

Geo_1875
28-03-2017, 10:27 AM

What question? We don't get to see the question in newspaper interviews.

Shinnie may have been asked "Do you think Falkirk bottled it in the play-off or are they just a **** football team with an ******** for a manager?"

How would you have answered that question?

Smartie
28-03-2017, 10:32 AM
yes, I can understand that completely...could do with a rest from them snapping at our heals for 90 mins, 4 times a season

I know one of their board..decent guy - so would be happy to see them get up for him.

I have a mate who is a Falkirk fan too, and he's a good lad. I don't think he really likes it when they adopt anti-football mode and he says they don't play that way every week. As a club I quite like Falkirk and wouldn't mind seeing them do ok for his sake, just as long as I don't have to watch them.

He thinks that Houston spotted a weakness in Stubbs' teams and adopted this approach in games against us and tbf until this season it got results.

I think we're a bit nigglier ourselves under Lennon though, and we now have what it takes to win a physical encounter. Although this probably contributes to our games with them being how they are.

franks
28-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Was Quite happy that McGinn missed the game as he would have also been targeted not for anything he said but because he is a threat.

hhibs
28-03-2017, 10:42 AM

While Houstons in charge ,he has poisoned that club ,they have become a team of thugs and unfortunately their supporters have adopted this mini-hun mentality.
Maybe, just maybe they will go back to being a decent side once the Houston is gone but I think it will be some time.
If they don't then they will become the new Airdrie and fade from our thoughts as just an irrelevance

--------
28-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Falkirk still have to play Dundee United, and if this guy really is the nasty wee hacking girning wee nyaff he appears to be I want him - and all his nasty team-mates - playing in that game, if only to cause fear and loathing (and serious pain) among the DU players.

We beat them. Let's let it go.

hhibs
28-03-2017, 10:43 AM
I did for six years......

50-50

:flag:

hhibs
28-03-2017, 10:47 AM

Sorry, its Falkirk that are having the "Hate in " Houston has a lot to answer for,so not for me ,keep them away from the top league for the sake of football.

neil7908
28-03-2017, 10:48 AM
After what happened to Coleman in the Ireland vs Wales game I'd hope out football authorities take this kind of talk seriously. As we saw this kind of attitude in football isn't just harming our national game, it's down right dangerous.

BSEJVT
28-03-2017, 01:10 PM
What question? We don't get to see the question in newspaper interviews.

Shinnie may have been asked "Do you think Falkirk bottled it in the play-off or are they just a **** football team with an ******** for a manager?"

How would you have answered that question?

Steady up angry man.

I would again have mouthed some platitude about them doing well to get there and the second leg at home always favouring the SPL team (except us) and the run of games Falkirk played to get their tiring them out etc etc.

Any footballer who falls into traps like the one you paint is an idiot. I wouldn't have thought that of Shinnie

Whether we like it or not, or the way they have gone about it, they have gotten as good or better results over the last 3 seasons than their resources suggested were possible.

btw for the avoidance of all doubt I really dislike both them and Houston and I thought it stupid that Shinnie was stupid enough to afll into the trap and provide further motivation to them.

I much prefer the Marvin Bartley approach of ripping the pish after the event

I note you are good at asking questions but not so adept at answering them?

Geo_1875
28-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Steady up angry man.

I would again have mouthed some platitude about them doing well to get there and the second leg at home always favouring the SPL team (except us) and the run of games Falkirk played to get their tiring them out etc etc.

Any footballer who falls into traps like the one you paint is an idiot. I wouldn't have thought that of Shinnie

Whether we like it or not, or the way they have gone about it, they have gotten as good or better results over the last 3 seasons than their resources suggested were possible.

btw for the avoidance of all doubt I really dislike both them and Houston and I thought it stupid that Shinnie was stupid enough to afll into the trap and provide further motivation to them.

Ask me a question and I'll answer as best I can. So far you've only fallen into the trap of believing what you've read in the newspaper. Schoolboy error.

MB62
28-03-2017, 02:24 PM
On a slightly different theme from the Falkirk bashing, I thought Kerr had a good game on Saturday and always seem to be impressed by him. Wouldn't greet my eyes out seeing in back in a Hibs jersey.

calumhibee1
28-03-2017, 02:38 PM
On a slightly different theme from the Falkirk bashing, I thought Kerr had a good game on Saturday and always seem to be impressed by him. Wouldn't greet my eyes out seeing in back in a Hibs jersey.

He is absolute jobbies IMO.

hibbysam
28-03-2017, 02:38 PM

He's never played for Hibs and he's a throbber to boot. Another who runs about kicking folk before diving and moaning to get others sent off.

Big_Franck
28-03-2017, 02:40 PM

You must be confusing him with Brian Kerr. Falkirk's 35 year-old Mark Kerr has never played for us, thankfully. A very limited footballer, although he does a decent job for a team like Falkirk.

hibbysam
28-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Steady up angry man.

Make statements then back it up, exactly what Shinnie and Hibs done. I don't see any issue in his comments when we actually won the game, if anything it rubbishes all the 'coming back to bite you on the arse' nonsense.

BSEJVT
28-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Ask me a question and I'll answer as best I can. So far you've only fallen into the trap of believing what you've read in the newspaper. Schoolboy error.

I did and you fell into the trap of failing to RTFQ. Schoolboy error 2?

The said questions were:

"You don't think someone telling you that you bottled it wouldn't annoy you or isn't controversial? Honestly?"

Your above comment makes sense only if you are saying that the paper misquoted Shinnie.

Did it? I don't see anything from Shinnie saying that anywhere?

Andy74
28-03-2017, 02:58 PM
You must be confusing him with Brian Kerr. Falkirk's 35 year-old Mark Kerr has never played for us, thankfully. A very limited footballer, although he does a decent job for a team like Falkirk.

Did he not play for us pre season one year when we had him on trial?

BSEJVT
28-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Make statements then back it up, exactly what Shinnie and Hibs done. I don't see any issue in his comments when we actually won the game, if anything it rubbishes all the 'coming back to bite you on the arse' nonsense.

No he didn't

Their "bottling" it last year had nothing at all to do with us beating them on Saturday how could it, we weren't involved in their previous "bottling" so couldn't influence it and Saturday's game was completely un-connected to that event.

If he had said we are going to skelp you sideways, our winning would have backed that up.

You could argue that we bottled it on numerous occasions against them last year and the year before in the semi?

I don't hold with this bottling nonsense anyway, you can easily lose without bottling anything.

Geo_1875
28-03-2017, 03:07 PM

The said questions were:

"You don't think someone telling you that you bottled it wouldn't annoy you or isn't controversial? Honestly?"

Your above comment makes sense only if you are saying that the paper misquoted Shinnie.

Poorly worded question(s) imo. But here goes anyway. Yes, yes, yes.

Peevemor
28-03-2017, 03:12 PM

Yes it wouldn't, etc.?

Geo_1875
28-03-2017, 03:13 PM

The said questions were:

They don't have to misquote him, asking leading questions and selective quoting has the same effect.

I don't know if they misquoted him, I wasn't present at the interview.

Are you asking me or telling me that you don't see anything from Shinnie saying that anywhere?

Geo_1875
28-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Yes it wouldn't, etc.?

Yes, I don't think someone telling me that I bottled it would annoy me. I'm assuming that is what the question was rather than what was asked.

Yes, it isn't controversial.

Yes, honestly.

BSEJVT
28-03-2017, 03:42 PM

But questions none the less by your own concession? Schoolboy error missing them was it not?

Is there really any need?

I have to say I don't believe you, someone who gets as riled as you did by the tone of your second post isn't going to accept anyone accusing them of bottling anything quite so lightly.

over and out

hibbysam
28-03-2017, 03:56 PM
No he didn't

Their "bottling" it last year had nothing at all to do with us beating them on Saturday how could it, we weren't involved in their previous "bottling" so couldn't influence it and Saturday's game was completely un-connected to that event.

If he had said we are going to skelp you sideways, our winning would have backed that up.

You could argue that we bottled it on numerous occasions against them last year and the year before in the semi?

I don't hold with this bottling nonsense anyway, you can easily lose without bottling anything.

It was you that said that his statement gave them further reason to be fired up... which made absolutely no difference as we sent them packing anyway. Shinnie put even more pressure on them by reminding them of what they failed to achieve last year, and how far behind they are this year, he then proceeded to beat them on Saturday as the pressure got to them again.

snedzuk
28-03-2017, 04:01 PM

And the 4th stand if they had one would be in the refinery blast zone

Allant1981
28-03-2017, 04:07 PM

not in the last ward map i seen, i stay in the area, pretty sure falkirks stadium comes under ward 6 which is falkirk

Franck Stanton
28-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Did he not play for us pre season one year when we had him on trial?

Yes, had him on trial for two weeks and turned out in friendly. Didn't sign him after trial.

BSEJVT
28-03-2017, 05:08 PM
It was you that said that his statement gave them further reason to be fired up... which made absolutely no difference as we sent them packing anyway. Shinnie put even more pressure on them by reminding them of what they failed to achieve last year, and how far behind they are this year, he then proceeded to beat them on Saturday as the pressure got to them again.

Mark Kerr has clearly said it did make a difference, they were looking for and crocked Shinnie, which in itself could but wont have severe implications for our season.

I wonder if you would have been so sanguine if we hadn't scored a last minute winner?

There is not one manager I have ever heard saying that it was a great idea for one of his players to motivate their opponents for them, not a single one.

I have heard countless saying that it wasn't.

Folk are obsessed by bottling and pressure causing losses and guff like that.

The most successful sportsman I can think of off the top of my head for win percentages against the norm was Tiger Woods. Are you saying that he bottled every tournament he didn't win?

More often than not the team with the best players wins, as far as I can see that is all that happened on Saturday.

If you think that conceding a last minute goal to a shot from outside the box is bottling it in a game that was pretty evenly fought, then we are wasting each other's time continuing this debate.

bigwheel
28-03-2017, 05:13 PM
And the 4th stand if they had one would be in the refinery blast zone

that's not the case...confirmed by Falkirk board member recently...their current plan is heading towards a safe standing area on that 4th side...

emerald green
28-03-2017, 05:15 PM

:agree: Yet another example of a weak referee not doing his job properly.

Navids Numpties
28-03-2017, 05:18 PM

And on today's episode of things that never happened...

PISTOL1875
28-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Andrew shinnie needs to keep his mouth closed and concentrate on trying to be a footballer

Peevemor
28-03-2017, 06:31 PM
Andrew shinnie needs to keep his mouth closed and concentrate on trying to be a footballer
The players are sent to do interviews. It's part of a footballer's job.

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Andrew shinnie needs to keep his mouth closed and concentrate on trying to be a footballerAndrew Shinnie needs to fulfil his media commitments, that is part of being a footballer.

Sir David Gray
28-03-2017, 10:57 PM
not in the last ward map i seen, i stay in the area, pretty sure falkirks stadium comes under ward 6 which is falkirk

As you come off the roundabout that's just up from the stadium and the Helix, there's a sign that says Grangemouth and the stadium is another hundred yards or so up from there so it's definitely within the Grangemouth boundary.

delbert
28-03-2017, 11:08 PM
As you come off the roundabout that's just up from the stadium and the Helix, there's a sign that says Grangemouth and the stadium is another hundred yards or so up from there so it's definitely within the Grangemouth boundary.

When they built the Falkirk Stadium, they had to get special permission as the site is within the perceived blast zone from the Ineos Refinery. We can but hope .............!

Brunswickbill
29-03-2017, 02:41 AM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Shinnie has taken a lot of punishment from opposition players in the last few games and he gets up and gets gets on with it. For a guy who is quite a refined player and doesn't do clugging, I have a lot of respect for him. Hibs class.

mjhibby
29-03-2017, 03:14 AM

It's at the end of a field which has asdas grangemouth depot. I believe the stadium is on the grangemouth side but is classed as Falkirk. The road beside the stadium is the boundary I believe. The postcode is Falkirk though. All very confusing.

mjhibby
29-03-2017, 03:17 AM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Shinnie has taken a lot of punishment from opposition players in the last few games and he gets up and gets gets on with it. For a guy who is quite a refined player and doesn't do clugging, I have a lot of respect for him. Hibs class.

Indeed he has been a model professional. Some hibs fans don't appreciate him but the fact he takes so much punishment shows the opposition rate him as a danger. Supplied Jason with the pass against Hertz and the crucial one at tannadice which arguably was the most important goal of the season.

mjhibby
29-03-2017, 03:20 AM
Only thing I'd like to see from him is getting in to goalscoring positions which he did when he first joined. Maybe it's a change of tactics by nl meaning more direct play. Always tries to make something happen.

houstonhibbee
29-03-2017, 03:24 AM
Indeed he has been a model professional. Some hibs fans don't appreciate him but the fact he takes so much punishment shows the opposition rate him as a danger. Supplied Jason with the pass against Hertz and the crucial one at tannadice which arguably was the most important goal of the season.
He's a class act if a little inconsistent
but then look at the difference in Stuart Armstrong since the start of the season
shoukd try and sign him permanently

Iggy Pope
29-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Sorry if Ive missed it but do we know how Shinnie is? He was to get a scan on his injury.

hibbysam
29-03-2017, 07:15 AM
Mark Kerr has clearly said it did make a difference, they were looking for and crocked Shinnie, which in itself could but wont have severe implications for our season.

I wonder if you would have been so sanguine if we hadn't scored a last minute winner?

There is not one manager I have ever heard saying that it was a great idea for one of his players to motivate their opponents for them, not a single one.

I have heard countless saying that it wasn't.

Folk are obsessed by bottling and pressure causing losses and guff like that.

The most successful sportsman I can think of off the top of my head for win percentages against the norm was Tiger Woods. Are you saying that he bottled every tournament he didn't win?

More often than not the team with the best players wins, as far as I can see that is all that happened on Saturday.

If you think that conceding a last minute goal to a shot from outside the box is bottling it in a game that was pretty evenly fought, then we are wasting each other's time continuing this debate.

Can you tell me where I said they bottled it on Saturday? So because AS had the audacity to question whether they did or did not bottle the play offs it means he should be the subject to mindless thuggery on the pitch by fellow 'professionals'?

If you don't believe that AS was cranking up the pressure on Falkirk by reminding them of what happened last year and what position they are in this year and how big a game that was for them then you've no idea about sports psychology and mind games.

Andrew Shinnie wouldn't even have watched that game last year let alone know whether they bottled it or not, but he's experienced enough to know what to say and not to say before games.

--------
29-03-2017, 07:53 AM
Can you tell me where I said they bottled it on Saturday? So because AS had the audacity to question whether they did or did not bottle the play offs it means he should be the subject to mindless thuggery on the pitch by fellow 'professionals'?

If you don't believe that AS was cranking up the pressure on Falkirk by reminding them of what happened last year and what position they are in this year and how big a game that was for them then you've no idea about sports psychology and mind games.

Andrew Shinnie wouldn't even have watched that game last year let alone know whether they bottled it or not, but he's experienced enough to know what to say and not to say before games.

:agree: Besides, most of Scottish football was going on and on about us 'Hibsing' it last year before the Cup Final. What Shinnie was quoted as saying (as opposed to the headline written by the hack) amounted to nothing more than a reasonable pre-match comment based on events of last season - and he was yanking their chain a bit as well.

Targeting one opponent in a match to cripple him isn't professional behaviour, and can only happen when the match officials are as useless as so many of our Scottish officials are.

Eaststandee
29-03-2017, 10:25 AM

Have you got a link to this story? I have a Falkirk mate who doesn't believe this was said.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
29-03-2017, 10:40 AM
If it was McGregor or McGinn that said this instead of our latest scapegoat this wouldn't even be a debate.

--------
29-03-2017, 10:57 AM
If it was McGregor or McGinn that said this instead of our latest scapegoat this wouldn't even be a debate.

Totally agree. What Andrew Shinnie said was perfectly within the bounds of reasonable comment.

It was distorted by the hack's headline. And it obviously riled the Falkirk players.

But whatever, it was and never could be justification for what was apparently deliberate and premeditated assault by the Falkirk players, egged on by Baird and seemingly condoned by Peter Houston.

And it was much less than what most of the Scottish football media were saying about Hibs this time last year. "Hibsing it"?

staunchhibby
29-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Would have thought compliance officer should have looked into the actions of baird on Saturday given the comments supposed to have been made.

Mikey09
29-03-2017, 12:18 PM

Eh? Oh aye, that's right I just made it up to... Well dunno why really. :rolleyes:

flash
29-03-2017, 12:26 PM

You are aware that he plays for Hibs and this thread is about someone trying and succeeding to deliberately injure him?

Not for the first time i find myself asking a poster on this forum whose side are they on?

18Hibee75
29-03-2017, 01:15 PM
:greengrin

Hibs90
29-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Shinnie is a good player even if he is a bit inconsistent. Don't understand the hate.

Borderhibbie76
29-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Dearie me an absolutely disgraceful comment from a so called fan...dreadful 🙈🙈🙈

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk