PDA

View Full Version : Brian McLean

crash
26-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Lennon signed Brian McLean, an experienced Centre back/right back recently. However he has never featured for us despite injuries decimating our defence. Anybody shed any light on this one?

easty
26-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Signed as back up. No been needed.

Billy Whizz
26-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Lennon signed Brian McLean, an experienced Centre back/right back recently. However he has never featured for us despite injuries decimating our defence. Anybody shed any light on this one?

Think Lennon has been fair to the current players, they get picked before him. Came not match fit, having not played since November, but had 2 development games recently

JimBHibees
26-03-2017, 05:36 PM
As cover not an issue also provides competition.

JDT
26-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Back up to the back up. A bit like Scott Gallagher now and Adam Ekersley in the past

scoopyboy
26-03-2017, 05:49 PM

When he signed we only had Darren McGregor as a fit central defender and he was banned for the Scottish Cup tie against Ayr Utd.

Paul Hanlon had suffered a setback and there was no knowledge of how long he would be out.

Fortunately Jordon Forster recovered a wee bit quicker than expected and Paul is nearly back to full fitness, however when NL signed McLean he wasn't to know this.

McLean won't be costing a lot.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2017, 05:58 PM
When he signed we only had Darren McGregor as a fit central defender and he was banned for the Scottish Cup tie against Ayr Utd.

Paul Hanlon had suffered a setback and there was no knowledge of how long he would be out.

Fortunately Jordon Forster recovered a wee bit quicker than expected and Paul is nearly back to full fitness, however when NL signed McLean he wasn't to know this.

McLean won't be costing a lot.

One big cost is we won't get his brother refereeing us again this season.

scoopyboy
26-03-2017, 06:03 PM
One big cost is we won't get his brother refereeing us again this season.

Absolutely, you've got me hook, line and sinker with that one DH.

mcfly
26-03-2017, 06:56 PM
I just hope we never get that ref Clancy again

Utter disgrace yesterday.

That foul on Martin Boyle was a clear penalty

He also let them away with so many fouls - terrible ref that guy

Smartie
26-03-2017, 07:08 PM

Did a relative of Clancy's not once play for us?

I'm sure I remember reading that years ago.

Onceinawhile
26-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Did a relative of Clancy's not once play for us?

I'm sure I remember reading that years ago.

Nah he was always injured.

Forza Fred
27-03-2017, 10:19 AM
McLean couldn't get a club in the Singapore league, and did not play a competitive game for a few months.

It would not surprise me if he does not appear in the first team before being released at the e nd of the season.

CallumLaidlaw
27-03-2017, 10:24 AM

Actually, the "foul" on Boyle wasn't a penalty. At the time I thought it was, but on seeing it back, the Falkirk player played the ball first. Boyles touch was too heavy. But we should've had a penalty about 2 minutes in, and also for a shove on Cummings from a Keatings cross, as wee as Gasparotto should have seen red for that challenge on Shinnie.

JDHibs
27-03-2017, 10:29 AM
As others have said, McLean was brought in as cover and cover only. Wasnt fit when arrived, was a just incase signing.

Forster came back quicker than expected and now Hanlon is back.

Highly doubt McLean will even feature for us. Wont be on a alot of money either as he had very limited options back here.

1van Sprou7e
27-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Completely forgot we had signed him, but it's a good thing we haven't had to call on him

Tamhere1875
27-03-2017, 12:00 PM
Did ok in the u/20s games he's played in