PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Dashing Bob S
26-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Laidlaw - 7 - Did well coming in for Rocky. Looked solid. Maybe at fault conceding the corner for the first goal, but couldn't really have stopped Sibbald's header.

Ambrose - 7 - Quality player. Yes, his coolness and over-elaboration can give you anxious moments, but is he didn't have those flaws he wouldn't be playing second tier football in Scotland. Enjoy him while he's here. Love the way he always pops up to make himself available for a pass for a colleague. Others could learn from his work rate off the ball.
McGregor - 6 - Decent performance, not as assured and dominant in fast counterattacking as in backs-to-the-wall games, but few defenders are.
Foster - 5 - Did okay but looked a bit vulnerable from time to time.
Stevenson - 7 - His best game for a while. Tigerish in the tackle, full of running and crossing better today.

McGeough - 6 - Great first half, predictably tired, but a class act. His injury record is a concern, but see Ambrose above, if he was injury free he wouldn't be second tier Scottish football.
Shinnie - 6 - Shinnie looked in the mood, but was kicked all over the park by a cynical Falkirk, an given zero protection from Clancy.
Boyle - 6 - Looked a menace, his pace troubled Falkirk constantly. A little more composure at the end of his runs and...he wouldn't be playing second tier Scottish football. Generally, I think he's an improved player under Lennon.
Bartley - 8 - Shade MOM for me. Battled hard against the Falkirk animals, refused to be bullied, and ultimately, I think, ripped the heart out of them. Loves games like this. Played the simple short passes effectively, made himself available all the time.

Holt - 4 - Not at the races today.
Cummings - 5 - See Holt. But was more of a menace, it just didn't work for him today.

SUBS

Keatings - 8 - Great ball for first goal, let Sibbald lose him for equaliser, magical winner which could be our most significant goal this season. In short, involved in every main incident and the match came alive when he appeared.
Hanlon - 6 - Great to see him back, as commanding as ever.
Graham - 6 - Played well, and like Keatings helped transform things. Winning that ball in the air lead to the deciding goal.

Lennon - 9 - Signing scored, sub 1 laid on first and scored winner, sub 2 shored it up at the back, sub 3 assisted with winner. Noised up Clancy, encouraged players, saluted Hibs fans, gave it the GIRFUY to Falkirk fans - basically did everything you could possibly do from the bench.

Clancy - minus 9 - Looked like he was going to take control in the first ten, then bottled it in face of the remorseless Falkirk thuggery.

The Harp Awakes
26-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Laidlaw - 7 - Did well coming in for Rocky. Looked solid. Maybe at fault conceding the corner for the first goal, but couldn't really have stopped Sibbald's header.

Ambrose - 7 - Quality player. Yes, his coolness and over-elaboration can give you anxious moments, but is he didn't have those flaws he wouldn't be playing second tier football in Scotland. Enjoy him while he's here. Love the way he always pops up to make himself available for a pass for a colleague. Others could learn from his work rate off the ball.
McGregor - 6 - Decent performance, not as assured and dominant in fast counterattacking as in backs-to-the-wall games, but few defenders are.
Foster - 5 - Did okay but looked a bit vulnerable from time to time.
Stevenson - 7 - His best game for a while. Tigerish in the tackle, full of running and crossing better today.

McGeough - 6 - Great first half, predictably tired, but a class act. His injury record is a concern, but see Ambrose above, if he was injury free he wouldn't be second tier Scottish football.
Shinnie - 6 - Shinnie looked in the mood, but was kicked all over the park by a cynical Falkirk, an given zero protection from Clancy.
Boyle - 6 - Looked a menace, his pace troubled Falkirk constantly. A little more composure at the end of his runs and...he wouldn't be playing second tier Scottish football. Generally, I think he's an improved player under Lennon.
Bartley - 8 - Shade MOM for me. Battled hard against the Falkirk animals, refused to be bullied, and ultimately, I think, ripped the heart out of them. Loves games like this. Played the simple short passes effectively, made himself available all the time.

Holt - 4 - Not at the races today.
Cummings - 5 - See Holt. But was more of a menace, it just didn't work for him today.

SUBS

Keatings - 8 - Great ball for first goal, let Sibbald lose him for equaliser, magical winner which could be our most significant goal this season. In short, involved in every main incident and the match came alive when he appeared.
Hanlon - 6 - Great to see him back, as commanding as ever.
Graham - 6 - Played well, and like Keatings helped transform things. Winning that ball in the air lead to the deciding goal.

Lennon - 9 - Signing scored, sub 1 laid on first and scored winner, sub 2 shored it up at the back, sub 3 assisted with winner. Noised up Clancy, encouraged players, saluted Hibs fans, gave it the GIRFUY to Falkirk fans - basically did everything you could possibly do from the bench.

Clancy - minus 9 - Looked like he was going to take control in the first ten, then bottled it in face of the remorseless Falkirk thuggery.

I think you've got it pretty much spot on there. Great to see Hanlon back. He came on at a tough time but looked very commanding.

Lennon was totally fired up and the expressions on his face when Clancy turned down 3 decent shouts for penalties were priceless. He's a winner and assuming we go up, would love him to be our Manager for a good few years to come.

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Laidlaw ...... 7 ..... made a few decent saves and his error of judgement for the corner aside did fine.

Ambrose ..... 7 ..... a couple of heart in the mouth moments when he dwelt on the ball a bit too long, but scored and played some really good balls into the box from deep, proving that you don't always need to beat the fullback and get to the byline to be effective.

McGregor ..... 6 .... won most of his battles, didn't do a lot on the ball, but didn't have to as Ambrose was doing it for him.

Forster ..... 5 ..... he defended not too badly, but the less said about his kicking the better, booting the ball into touch under no pressure was poor stuff.

Stevenson .... 7 ..... got up and down the park really well and was never phased by Falkirk's bully boy tactics.

Shinnie .... 5 .... looked up for it, unfortunate to go off injured.

McGeouch ..... 7 ..... moved the ball very well and was always involved, I would have liked to see him pushed a bit further forward ... I presume I wasn't the only one who noticed him stretching every time play stopped.

Bartley .... 7 .... just the man for games like this one, impossible to bully and covered the back 4 pretty well .. its actually quite funny watching him have a panic attack when he finds himself in possession in the final 3rd .... probably the only midfielder in Scotland who the bookies would give odds on having a shot, never mind score a goal :greengrin

Boyle ..... 7 ..... his usual 100% effort and beat his man quite a few times, let down by his final ball but it would help if some of our midfielders would make a run into the box now and again so that he had more than just two options covered by 5 or 6 defenders.

Cummings ..... 5 .... hardly involved apart from at corners and free kicks.

Holt ..... 5 ..... hardly won a ball all afternoon, his timing in the jump can be awful at least three times his jump had begun and ended before the ball even arrived and his attempted flicks in the wrong areas usually just end up in giving away possession .... I would like to see him contribute a bit more to the team than just 'noising up' the opposition.

SUBS:

Keatings .... 7 ...... as awful as he was last week he did good things this, a great ball for our first goal and what a goal for the winner, really just confirmed his status as an impact sub rather than a starter.

Graham .... 6 ..... won more balls in the air in the short time he was involved than Holt did all afternoon and worked hard closing down, did very well to win the header that set up the winner.

Hanlon .... 5 .... composed as usual in the short time he was on.

NOTE ..... The equalizer was a shocker, nobody for Hibs covered themselves in glory, how the hell do you allow a guy that much space at the near post with 8 of your own players in the box?