PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

hibbysam
26-03-2017, 01:00 PM
I believe our attendance was the highest in Britain over the weekend, domestically... Get this league wrapped up over the next two weeks and watch the ST sales soar for next season with fans knowing where we will be playing.

SirDavidsNapper
26-03-2017, 01:08 PM
I believe our attendance was the highest in Britain over the weekend, domestically... Get this league wrapped up over the next two weeks and watch the ST sales soar for next season with fans knowing where we will be playing.

This. Very excited about the club at the moment. I'm sure we'll see our highest ever season ticket sales next season.

ancient hibee
26-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Second only to Portsmouth.

AgentDaleCooper
26-03-2017, 03:20 PM
also worth mentioning - some were actually disappointed we 'only' got 16k against falkirk for a 2nd tier match...a state of affairs completely unimaginable 3 years ago!

Golden Bear
26-03-2017, 03:24 PM
also worth mentioning - some were actually disappointed we 'only' got 16k against falkirk for a 2nd tier match...a state of affairs completely unimaginable 3 years ago!

:agree:

Yesterday's attendance was near enough double what we used to expect for a game v Falkirk.

Waxy
26-03-2017, 03:37 PM
Best think about filling that corner in soon.

Onceinawhile
26-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Hopefully it's around the same on Wednesday.

Ozyhibby
26-03-2017, 05:18 PM
If attendances keep growing we should be able to match the spending of Hearts and Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
26-03-2017, 05:31 PM
If attendances keep growing we should be able to match the spending of Hearts and Aberdeen.

Excluding Premiership payments, I'd be surprised if were pulling in much less than they do on match days, as a stack of their season tickets are £300 or less. We've around 4,000 walk ups each week, plus hospitality is generally sold out as well

Eyrie
26-03-2017, 06:21 PM
If we're going to get such attendances on a regular basis then we need to look into adding exit stairs at the back of the East. Takes forever to get out of there, so having the top rows using an external stair will save having to queue.

Lancs Harp
26-03-2017, 06:26 PM
If we're going to get such attendances on a regular basis then we need to look into adding exit stairs at the back of the East. Takes forever to get out of there, so having the top rows using an external stair will save having to queue.

Oxygen tank stations positioned half way up and three quarters the way up wouldnt go a miss aswell. Manned by nurses :wink:

26-03-2017, 06:29 PM

Im at the back of the east and always leave my seat early and just watch the last couple of minutes standing at the disabled bit. Takes about 20 mins to get out the stadium otherwise.

Kato
26-03-2017, 06:30 PM

I think we already can given the prices we charge and the outlay the flumps and the dons are facing on their grounds.

Eyrie
26-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Oxygen tank stations positioned half way up and three quarters the way up wouldnt go a miss aswell. Manned by nurses :wink:

I'd return to sitting in the East if that happened. Manned and womanned though :wink:

Brooster
26-03-2017, 08:26 PM
It could be the case that you will need a season ticket to get in next season.

StevieCowan
26-03-2017, 09:04 PM

Reach the cup final and you'll not be too far off.

Billy Whizz
26-03-2017, 09:12 PM

For Category A games

West lower
26-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Reach the cup final and you'll not be too far off.

If Hibs get to the final ,I would expect the club to announce that buying a season ticket for next season will guarantee a final ticket. I would imagine this would sell a good few.

CapitalGreen
26-03-2017, 09:14 PM

Certainly if you want a guaranteed ticket for one of our 6 category A fixtures.

Zazu62
26-03-2017, 09:25 PM
What was the attendance?

Andy74
26-03-2017, 09:29 PM
I don't think we can take it for granted that it will build from here.

There's something interesting about challenging for the league and mainly winning games. I'm not so sure that we will keep everyone's interest if we are kicking about mid table.

Reality probably is that expectation will be higher even next year and there will be a bit of a negative reaction if we aren't say 3rd place.

greenlex
26-03-2017, 09:48 PM
I don't think we can take it for granted that it will build from here.

There's something interesting about challenging for the league and mainly winning games. I'm not so sure that we will keep everyone's interest if we are kicking about mid table.

Reality probably is that expectation will be higher even next year and there will be a bit of a negative reaction if we aren't say 3rd place.
I've been banging this drum a while.

Mikers110
26-03-2017, 09:52 PM
What was the attendance?

oramhibee
26-03-2017, 10:54 PM
The total attendance at Easter Road on Saturday was higher than the total attendance of every other Championship, League 1 and League 2 games put together.

Hibernian V Falkirk:16,140
Rest of Championship, L1 & L2: 11,822

Dashing Bob S
27-03-2017, 12:36 AM
The total attendance at Easter Road on Saturday was higher than the total attendance of every other Championship, League 1 and League 2 games put together.

Hibernian V Falkirk:16,140
Rest of Championship, L1 & L2: 11,822

Not going all Jambo size queen, but if you subtracted the Falkirk fans, added them to the rest of championship, L1 and L2 tallies, there would still be more at ER.

jgl07
27-03-2017, 01:07 AM
:agree:

Yesterday's attendance was near enough double what we used to expect for a game v Falkirk.

The home attendance part of that was way beyond what Hibs could expect for a vistit of the OF or even Hearts at any time in the last twenty years.

HoboHarry
27-03-2017, 01:33 AM
As have I. I've wondered many times how much better off we would actually be (if at all) if we were mid table in the Premiership with reduced crowds, rather than sitting where we are now with crowds of 16,000 +

SirDavidsNapper
27-03-2017, 01:45 AM
The home attendance part of that was way beyond what Hibs could expect for a vistit of the OF or even Hearts at any time in the last twenty years.

True. We were getting 13-14k against Hearts and Rangers in our first season down including away fans. To be averaging well above 15k with no old firm or derbys and with tiny travelling supports in our 3rd season down is remarkable. If that was Hearts then Richard Gordon and his chums on the beeb would be creaming themselves.

mjhibby
27-03-2017, 03:12 AM
As have I. I've wondered many times how much better off we would actually be (if at all) if we were mid table in the Premiership with reduced crowds, rather than sitting where we are now with crowds of 16,000 +

I've wondered that myself. Let's hope the SPL isn't a big letdown

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-03-2017, 07:49 AM

Plus more stupid kick offs for the big games.